Why haven't you played Rodea yet?

Why haven't you played Rodea yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#fm/0NkTjSrb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no wii wii

I did, I bought it when it first released in japan.

Wii version > 3DS Version > Wii U Version.

I've seen it around for the Wii U but I honestly haven't heard much about it. I don't even know what kind of game it is or if it has the replay value and gameplay to make the purchase worth it.

Was this any good?

does it work on dolphin

Wii version is the definitive version of the game (that also exclusively came with first-run copies of the Wii U version) because its controls aren't hot garbage.

I have the Wii version on my hard drive, but I need an SD loader for my Wii U's virtual Wii in order to play it (or I could try to emulate it, but fuck emulating Wii games).

Just because they're garbage doesn't mean they don't exist.

It's godly, easily 10/10.

It's an arcade styled game in the vein of Sonic or Nights. It really reminds me of nights once I think of it, not in art style but in gameplay. You basically are plopped into these humungous seamless levels and you have to fly to the end, completing various tasks along the way.

The only collectibles in the game are gold, silver, and bronze coins, but there is level ranks, one in time and the other in collection. The game has these things like Rings in sonic and if you get ranked by how many you collect. They're two seperate rankings for that as well so you can S rank one and then go back and S rank the other, I'm pretty sure doing both is impossible in some levels unless you're amazingly good. In the Wii version this unlocks multiplayer costumes.

The dub however is absolute piss done by NISA. The subs are filled with errors all over the place. You can tell they just shat it out as fast as they could.

Because I spent a year looking for a torrent of the Wii version (superior to the Wii U one) and gave up. After all it's just a testament of what the Wii was supposed to be… released years after the console died.

looks like weebshit and exclusive to the manchildstation, of course not many will even bother with it

It's an arcade shooter in 480p, much smaller scale than Sin & Punishment. Fun, but not godly.

You don't even get the gun power up in half the levels. There is barely any focus on shooting at all, you don't even get to use it on bossfights. There is a reason I compare it to Sonic or Nights instead of S&P, mostly because they're two completely different games.

Comparing it to S&P is like comparing Mass Effect to Zelda.

Here's a Mega of the .wbfs that an user provided about a year ago. Haven't tested it but it's something at least.

mega.nz/#fm/0NkTjSrb

Just played it a few weeks ago. It a pretty chill game. It's also pretty impressive to realize it's sort of like a 3D platformer (with large amounts of flight instead of jumping and little to no walking on the ground) controlled with only a Wii Remote. No Wii Remote Plus or Nunchuck, just a Wii Remote.

The game concept seems so simple, it's surprising this game idea didn't come out earlier in the Wii's lifespan.

The game's power up system works in the regular levels pretty well, though it can fuck you over completely in boss fights, especially the final boss, who is an utter pain to fight (multiple ways to hurt and then hurt again. Also no checkpoints for such a long fight, which the Wii U version added for that fight). If you do beat the final boss though you can unlock first person camera activated by pressing 2 on the Wii Remote, the game would tell you this in the Japanese version but it crashes in the western version for some reason.

There's access to Jap/Eng language options. Though I had some strange English dub that had audio that didn't sound very clean like there was some interference in the background (did anyone else have that problem?)

Haven't played the multiplayer yet, nor does watching it on Youtube help as it just seems to be a single person playing by themselves with two Wii Remotes for every video.

Thats probably exactly what it is.

Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to port the fucking 3DS version to the Wii U or release a game on the Wii during fucking 2015 for that matter?

It's basically how they developed it.

It was fully developed on the Wii and the 3DS port was originally going to be more faithful but then the publisher saw the Wii was dying and just shitcanned the wii release and kept developing the 3DS version because it was already becoming really different. Then they decided to try and make up the loss by porting it to the WiiU as well and since the 3DS version was the "more complete" in their eyes as well as the one that most made sense seeing as the WiiU is basically a big 3DS, the 3DS version was the natural one to them at least so they just ported that, slapped a bunch of shitty filters over everything to hide it's ugliness, and called it a day.

That's also why the game is so shit. All the levels have incredible amounts of filler in them to hide the world loading in them. Things like spacing the islands apart and adding a lot of booster rings between the islands. They also added so many unnescessary features like the limit on flying and the upgrade system when the original was so good because of how basic everything was and all those little things made the game infinitely easier and less challenging.

That is not a file link silly.

I'd never heard of it, sounds interesting though just recently coming off of Sonic. I'll have to keep it in mind for when I'm done with my "backlog" in a month or so.