Post the game you replayed most often

Post the game you replayed most often.

Other urls found in this thread:

soronline.net/sorr_downloads.htm
romhacking.net/hacks/856/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Easily in the hundreds of playthroughs across the N64 and 3DS versions.

Yes, I am that autistic.

Two games.. but when I start a play through it's both games.

i lik order budy

Outside city builders and other games that don't have an end point, this.
If the Gamecube kept track of total time in a game, I'd have some 2000 hours on that system alone, not counting the time I played with the PS3 rerelease.

Its not even my favourite game, it just has great replat value.

My all time favourite, by far. Pity it never got a sequel.

No matter how many times I play its still just as fun and magical as the last.

One of these two.

It isn't even good

3rd Birthday is to PE2 what PE2 is to PE and you fucking know it.

How do you replay a JRPG?

When you hit reset on the console there should be an option for "New Game".

In all honesty the only JRPG I can replay all the way through without burning out is Suikoden 1, and that's only because I can finish it in a day.

I probably played suikoden 2 or vagrant story too many times. Baldurs gate 2, altho being a favorite, is too long cpmpared to the 2 jrpgs

Best OST right here. Been replaying it once every year for more than ten years.
I control all three characters simultaneously by cycling through them with the Select button and using the most passive AI.

Final fantasy 5 is that good.

This one is great but SD3 is better for replaying cause of all the class combinations you can make.

Same for FF5 if you limit yourself to one class per character per playthrough. I once rolled Ninja/Monk/Bard/Summoner, it was fun as fuck I only managed to finish it because of the summoner tho

That's true, but it's a nostalgia thing for me. I grew up with SD2 (although I never managed to beat Tura's tiger as a kid) and a lot of the tunes are intrinsically linked to childhood memories.
SD2 isn't even a great game objectively speaking. Terranigma, SD3 and Secret of Evermore did a much better job implementing this circle-menu real-time combat system and a lot of the game has been cut due to memory constraints.

Can't say that I do. 3rd Birthday ignored everything that was established in the previous games to the point that it may as well be a reboot, not to mention the fact that it was only on the PSP. Any way you look at it, 3rd Birthday was a steaming pile of shit with nothing connecting it to the games it's supposed to be a sequel to except for the name.

No matter how much of a slap in the face you may think PE2 was, it's plot was a direct continuation of PE, you're still fighting NMCs, and the only major change to the gameplay was how shooting worked. If you think PE2 was a bad sequel then I'm probably not going to change your mind, but 3rd Birthday was fucking atrocious.

I almost replayed that game to try other paths, but then I found out that the maps you already made didn't roll over. Which meant remapping the floors that were bad enough the first time.

I've played hardly any RPGs more than once, but I've played through SoM probably about 7 or 8 times now. It's almost certainly my most replayed game of all and definitely my most nostalgic game.

I just wish more people were super nostalgic about it too so we could get a new Mana game with the old art direction but fancy new graphix.

Because the job system is GOAT

That guy was obviously baiting and I haven't even played the series

masterpiece

You posted it. I lost count after the 500th time I've seen the ending.

To my defense, it was the only game I could play at the moment, with no Internet access or friends who could lend/copy games.

Chrono Trigger and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.

This game just never gets boring for me.

I thought it was pretty good, though the way enemy reinforcements could spawn and attack on the same turn pissed me off to no end.

Kinda weird since it's not my favorite game, but I have definitely replayed it the most.

Mah nigga. You play 3 as well?

It practically was, they lost the book license.

This game.

This FUCKING game.

I fucking adore this game.

Great music, great story, fantastic gameplay and an art style that fits with the theme of the game. Guns are satisfying and none of them are useless Besides the fucking Revolver

Just wish it was a bit longer and had some more interesting mask abilities, but other than that, it's my favorite game of all time.

Can you recommend me any more skill-based 2D games like this one, Holla Forums?

Are you looking for more games like Hotline Miami or for challenging 2D games in general?
Can't help in the first case, but otherwise I'd recommend Dustforce. Hits the same spot with its ranking/scoring system. First you try to beat the stage, then you try to get the best rank, then you try to beat the high score.

You mean Bare Knuckle III, right?

You better

Both hit the spot, really. I'll check out Dustforce, though.

I've never played Bare Knuckle III

yes but honestly it wasn't as good as 2.
gameplay, characters and that soundtrack were perfect in SoR2, one of the best games ever made.
you should absolutely try SoR remake, those guys took the gameplay of SoR2 and applied it to the entire trilogy.
download the latest patch (v5.1) before playing it.
download link:
soronline.net/sorr_downloads.htm

You fucking better faggot. I can't believe the amount of people here who play the cucked American version that removes boss characters and covers up the females because muh political correctness. Not to mention the plot is completely rewritten and the game's balance is snapped in half because muh difficulty.

Play Bare Knuckle III, it's the real version of SoR3.

And SoR Remake is GOAT.

Such a shame Wrong Number was inferior in every way.

i have put something like 400 hours into this game, it's so good, but i wish it had 2-3 more dungeons.
still a masterpiece though, highly recommended.

Great, now I feel like replaying through it again, thanks a lot asshole.

SD?

For my picks it'd be between Morrowind and Final Fantasy Tactics. So many builds in Morrowind, so much to explore. And FFT is FFT, the good old 1.3 patch just made it better since I had mastered the vanilla game. The first time I tried the patch it felt like I was playing for the first time because of how badly I was getting my ass kicked.

SD is short for Seiken Densetsu, the japanese name for Secret of Mana.

Todd, pls.

I played Fallout 4 for a week straight in order to really explore every element of the game.

It's shit.

The game I played the second-most amount is Fallout: New Vegas, and the third is probably Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Just starting to notice all the weird feminism in this game

Any examples? I'm genuinely curious, haven't played it in a long time.

This and pics related. First is because what you mentioned applies to this game as well, second is because it's so fucking addicting, third is because I keep having fun with it.

What, Agrias?

Same here dont worry

Nobody here better not be talking shit about my waifu.

Search for her shandol doujin.

Going from earliest to most recent.

I use to play a lot of different NES games as most where my cousins, but once I got TMNT 2 that was pretty much all I played until I got a Super Nintendo.

God damn how I love this game. The atmosphere, the exploration, the secrets. Still one of my favorite games.

Watched a friend play this at his house once. Saw that you could earn money and hit on girls. I was in. Replayed it quite a bit back in the day trying to see all the different girls stories and such.

Well, this is a sort of easy game to replay. Win/Lose, try again. Fun times.

meh

I dunno which counted for more but they were both pretty up there in terms of number of times of starting from scratch.
Some people say altitis I called it getting your money's worth.
If I had to choose a console game I would say Chrono Trigger.

At least once a year, every year, I play this through. I honestly don't know why.

i, uh, didn't mean to post that image

I absolutely love this game, I can't even count the amount of times I've played it. Its odd, I haven't played any other game nearly as much as RE4. I feel like I know every inch of the game, but it never feels old.

this
played through it 7 times now and will continue to play it until the day I die

Personally I didn't find FF5 that replayable.

The combat is pretty good but the story gets old. I remember I liked a lot of the stuff in Bartz's world but the characters eventually started to grate on me. And I was disappointed by how Galuf's world was basically just the same thing with different locations.

I think it's a solid entry in the series and nowhere near the worst but I don't think it holds a candle to 6 or 9.

are you even trying nigga

if I'm going to play a 60 hour jrpg I at least want a story that keeps my attention. If a jrpg has a dull story I'm not going to replay it no matter how good the combat is.

I thought we were talking about replaying and not first time? Also why would you care about the story if you already know it inside out? That's not the point. Just read a book

I was debating putting metroid on their as well. I've played through that game so many times.

Pound for pound, one of the greatest games ever made. It's hard to find any that even measure up.

I don't have this issue with other jrpgs that I like. Like I enjoy replaying 6 because the second half is open ended and there's a lot of foreshadowing that goes on throughout the game. I like Chrono Trigger because of it's multiple endings. I enjoy replaying Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne because it always feels like every playthrough is different due to the way the endings work. Etc.

Well, what makes FF5 so replayable is the job system. It's broken if you grind/abuse it, but if you restrain yourself to just a handful of classes it gets more interesting. Try picking one job for each character at random and sticking to them for the whole game.

What FFV really needs is a job rebalance so any job is viable at any point in the game, and then a randomizer so it changes which jobs you get from each crystal

Yes I understand that the combat is good except I don't like ignoring 60% of the game solely just to get to it. It's why I don't consider it that replayable.

I used the examples above specifically because I like replaying them due to the story and the gameplay. Like I still think SMT Nocturne's combat system is legitimately better than anything Final Fantasy ever did, and it's storyline is great because it's minimalistic and morally ambiguous (plus it has multiple endings that greatly change the last 1/4th of the game and are based on how you respond to various characters in the world). I didn't have to ignore huge amounts of the game just to get to the combat.

I found a thing romhacking.net/hacks/856/
I don't its exactly what you're looking for though, but could be worth a look into

I see where you're coming from. It's just that, FFV is kinda comical/self-aware and doesn't really focus on the story that much, so I don't feel it matters much if you blaze through it; It's not like I don't read the story at all, you just don't have to pay that much attention to it when you've finished the game 5+ times.

I'll agree with you that FFVI is superior to it, though. And there's a hack in the works that makes it even better (and fixes most of the unbelievably broken bugs)

I dunno man, something about them just resonates with me.

I think it might be this game. Although I did a shit ton of Starfox 64 runs as well since the game is so short.

Always got time for SK2.

SK3 when?

FF5 has lots of foreshadowing too. It's derivative of FF3 but well written.

The NES/SNES era FF games can be roughly divided into two groups.

Odd numbers: Character customisation(Job system), plot based story, combat focus.
Even numbers: Unique characters(locked/no jobs), character based story, story focus.

Obviously it's a rough grouping since I locks you into your jobs for the entire game(but you can choose them), II's character development isn't very good (but it's basically a prototype IV) and V has unique character (but you honestly wouldn't notice if the weren't).

whoever made that zodiac ore quest is a fucking nigger

pic related. quistis best girl

good taste OP

nigga what? you're full of it. wu zetian was empress of china, doesn't mean china was feminist. feminism is made up bullshit which actually HURTS capable broads.

o..okay

good taste

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, maybe? I used to come home from school and play that game over and over again.

The comfiest RPG I've ever played and a great game for feels. Has the best music on the GBA, imo.

Everything is Beautiful: The Game. If this doesn't turn you into a huge wapanese, I don't know what will.

Are Sakuya and fake Rao your waifus too, user?

Rondo is my definitive Castlevania and reminds me of how I miss the more direct approach in classicvania. Metroidvania is cool and all, but i'm kinda tired of this gameplay style, personally.

Loved it as a kid and I still love it as a adult.

One of the infinitely few games where I feel like it has too much content.
It's almost infeasible to try and see every character's events.

I complete it once a year. I think it's very good but I don't know why I keep playing it. I also have played the story mode of guitar hero 3 countless times, it's the only guitar hero game I own and I played it enough to be able play ttfaf o expert

There's something charming about this one, while not an absolute masterpiece i loved the atmosphere this game had, and what a soundtrack!
fond memories.

But it's just grind. I can see autisticly trying to max all the jobs on every toon but I can't imagine seeing restarting that from 0 to be fun.

Depends who you ask. Some find it enjoyable to raise weak nobodies into multitalented professional mother fuckers, some not as much.

I think the system is great because it gives you tons of ways to solve the challenges of the game. Even filler bosses like the meteor bombs allow some clever strats.

I have probably played Super Metroid an excess of 300 times since its release, and that's a pretty low number compared to the people who speedrun it. Same goes for Mega Man X.

me too, I'm above 1000 hours now and no more than 80 hours on a single character (most are between 6 and 12)