Specs thread

Alright faggots, let's see how your toaster rates compared to other anons

I've have the same computer as I did when I posted in a thread like this the last time so it's pointless unless you want to start identifying anons based on their specs.
no
after we get some non references RX 480s I may snag one depending on how they perform compared to reference model
not sure. I like modular cases that can be fucked with to accommodate more fans/interesting configurations. I like MATX cases because I don't like the idea of huge beastly towers taking up more space than necessary, though I do admit that MATX cases and components will restrict what can be done with such limited space.

R8 my toaster

are you using a netbook?

link the thread to me fam

Well thanks OP. Some time when I can find a good 2nd hand board I will get the 2500k up to 4.5ghz Card is a R9 290…

Or I will just get a Zen also put in the 'be me' to annoy people.

6-year old Dell toaster from high school. Overhauled with cheap parts over the years.

Nope, I highly doubt my motherboard will even allow me to.
I'll give it about 2 or 3 more years.
Flight sticks are cool I aspire to be a pilot within the next few years.

Those old AMD Phenoms are truly remarkable. Still delivers somewhat-competent performance even after like 8 or 9 years.

versace battleship

Might want to take a look at your GPU.

Take off the cooler and replace the thermal paste.

Yep.

I just wish I had picked a better GPU at the time

I started out with a 1GB 5770, even that wasn't a bad card, only recently got the 7970.

By the way, I have a 3TB WD Black hard-drive I got free because it was accidentally sent before I got the 1.5TB, which I only contested to getting since the 3TB didn't work out refurbished from manufacturer, I found that it starts fucking up and not saving information correctly at a certain point when I try to use it. Is there any way I could fix it or set it up to be usable or is it just a borked paperweight? Tried using it as a secondary drive for a little while but it fucked up again.

Sage for slightly off-topic.

whoops how shit am I?

rate & hate

pls & ty

██████████████████ ████████ [email protected]/* */ ██████████████████ ████████ OS: Manjaro 16.06.1 Daniella ██████████████████ ████████ Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.6.2-1-MANJARO ██████████████████ ████████ Uptime: 32m ████████ ████████ Packages: 1212 ████████ ████████ ████████ Shell: mksh ████████ ████████ ████████ Resolution: 1920x1080 ████████ ████████ WM: i3 ████████ ████████ ████████ CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 3.341GHz ████████ ████████ ████████ GPU: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0) ████████ ████████ ████████ RAM: 268MiB / 7979MiB ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████ ████████
Yes, it's overclocked. No, there is no reason to upgrade.

What games do you even play on that? And on linux?

Yes, I use Linux exclusively. Lately I've been playing Factorio, Torchlight 2, TIS-100, M&B:Warband, Trine 2, and Terraria. All native.

Plus there's always emulators.

So I've been wondering, is it possible to actually just get a small upgrade to this toaster, like one or two max components or should I just build one from scratch if I'm shelling out the cash anyways?

dont bother trying to upgrade that. Keep the case and monitor/other peripherals to save some cash.

Problem is I'm not really sure the upgrade is worth it. At most I want to upgrade because some recent games like Dark Souls 3 and some multiplayer games don't work fine on this PC, but then is it actually worth it for like two or three games? I doubt it. I think I'm just going to stick with this thing until the hardware's reached its limits and then I'll consider an upgrade

Speccy doesn't like to identify all 8gb of ram on my video card.

-` .o+` [email protected]/* */ `ooo/ OS: Arch Linux `+oooo: Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.6.3-1-ARCH `+oooooo: Uptime: 1d 0m -+oooooo+: Packages: 1071 `/:-:++oooo+: Shell: bash 4.3.46 `/++++/+++++++: Resolution: 3840x1080 `/++++++++++++++: DE: XFCE4 `/+++ooooooooooooo/` WM: Xfwm4 ./ooosssso++osssssso+` WM Theme: Arc-Dark .oossssso-````/ossssss+` GTK Theme: Arc-Dark [GTK2] -osssssso. :ssssssso. Icon Theme: Sardi Flat :osssssss/ osssso+++. Font: DejaVu Sans 10 /ossssssss/ +ssssooo/- CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K CPU @ 3.6GHz `/ossssso+/:- -:/+osssso+- GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti `+sso+:-` `.-/+oso: RAM: 2723MiB / 15954MiB `++:. `-/+/ .` `/

Any games you wish were on linux?
I have shit taste, so I kinda wish Dungeon Defenders 2 got a port.

Why? Defenders 2 is pretty mediocre

Like I said, shit taste.

You might want to give Orcs Must Die a shot if you like DD, but I'm not sure how well it emulates

Hmm, never really thought about that. If I had to choose right now, it would be Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I think it's the best kart racing game there is, but it's a royal pain in the ass to get the controls to work in wine.

It's like you don't even poweruser.

Get Win10 off of that shit
Also, you shouldn't let your HDDs get so cold
The lowest they should go is around 25 C
Any lower and the failure rate goes way up
Other than that it's fine

Win 10 is fine if you tweak it. If you're chatting with ISIS and trading cheese pizza you're fucked no matter what OS you use.

I ran out of money before I got to buy a GPU.

It still runs Battlefield 4 decently at 720p.