God I love this game. What do you guys think of it? Also I hear the 1.3 Patch is pretty great yet hard as balls...

God I love this game. What do you guys think of it? Also I hear the 1.3 Patch is pretty great yet hard as balls, so I may need to try it out some day.

Other urls found in this thread:

insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/forum/144-fft-monster-tactics/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

unplayable until emulator fast forward was invented. now pretty gud.

I got stuck on one of the boss fights on my first playthrough. Didn't have any backup save and I was stuck in an unwinnable combat.

I consider that a negative, but I do like that it was a FF game with actual challenge.

This is why you always make back-up saves. Seriously my first time playing I got stuck in a situation where I had to manage my resources very carefully because fucking knights kept breaking my shit and the shops didn't have anything good so I had to do stuff like switch certain characters to Monk in order to compensate for lack of equipment. It was very fun and intense. Game's a joke if you know what you're doing however.

My favorite FF game as a kid, I still have the disk and everything from years ago. I never played the GBA sequel though. How was it?

Some would say the gameplay is an improvement although I disagree because I didn't like the law system at all which IMO breaks the game. Also there are races that have access to certain classes so you can't make every character super demi-gods of everything. You can argue this makes the game more balanced but IMO balance equals less freedom which I also don't like. Also the story is far more childish than FFT's plot so you will be VERY disappointed if you go into it for the plot. I say it's worth checking out if you want a decent SRPG for GBA at least.

Delita did nothing wrong

Hate the game for reasons you wouldn't believe

Played it as a kid way back when it first came out. The rental store had a copy and once I got to epilogue where bro and sis ride into the sunset. Right when it was about to happen the game fucking bugs out. So years later I see a copy at blockbuster. Place is going out of business and I buy their only copy left. Play it to the end and guess what? Bugs at the same FUCKING SPOT!!! FUCK YOU GAME! IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO SEE YOUR FUCKING ENDING AND GO SUCK A DICK!

Its great, tactics ogre was longer though.

fuck, meant to quote OP

Trigger warning.

My favorite FF after 6, great game, deserves an upgrade and not another shitty sequel.

He used his one and only true friend and cast him aside afterwards, became exactly what he hated and made his own waifu distrust him so much to the point of trying to kill him

A great Final Fantasy game, but only above average as far as TRPGs go.

He also led Ivalice into the longest ruling of piece in its entire history.

The results justify the actions.

Don't mind me, just posting a turn based RPG that is objectively better than FF tactics in virtually every way.

That was one of my fravorite games as a kid, and it still is to this day. As for 1.3, it's definitely a must get if you want to make the game more balanced so you use your head a lot more in fights (hence the difficultly). There's no more trivializing Orlandu tier allies for you to spam lighting stab at everything. Pic related

A underrated Final Fantasy in terms that it doesn't get all the love that deserves (thanks to people enjoy sucking FFVII dick which is good but nothing compared to FFVI), War of the Lions is excelent but those frame drops shows how SE didn't care about the port. I really enjoyed it as a kid on the PSOne and I would play it again just to remember the good times

Should I play with the 1.3 patch?

Also, I want to fuck Ramza.

God game. I remember getting it near release as an extra freebie from my mom as we went to go buy some other game. I complained about getting this service since I was a disgusting little turd back then.

Now, though, I've long considered the game to be outstanding. Thanks, mom.

He's not evil, just vindictive and bitter. Who wouldn't be, after the shit he's been through with the full knowledge of being more capable and devious than his supposed superiors

I liked grinding on the first level as a kid.

did someone say

OGRE BATTLE

Is it worth playing eg March of the Black Queen or Person of Lordly Calibur?

I've only played the original PSx and the GBA ones, they were pretty okay. I never finished either but I came close

I haven't played Person of Lordly Calibur, but March of the Black Queen is really good. Just don't expect it to be anything like Tactics Ogre, though. It's more like an RTS, but JRPG-esque combat.

It's relative. Delita does a lot of shitty things, but at the end of it all, he isn't the one who murdered his own father for power.

Also, imagedump.

A poor man's Ogre Battle.

I really liked how bravely default borrowed the job system. I know it was made in FFV but it seems more similar to FFT's, especially the ninjas.

1.3 is a really good time, but yeah–it's hard. I highly recommend it though.

Recently I've been playing Monster Tactics. It's easier, but pretty great! A very interesting twist on the original game. Mindflayers with teleport and counter flood are so cool.

insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/forum/144-fft-monster-tactics/

I have a lot of respect for the tactics ogre series and recognize LUCT as an amazing game, but for some reason I always prefer playing TKoL over it.

I loved the art direction in the anime clips in the Vita remake.

Delita is the reason I can't make it past the beginning of the game. He always does the most retarded shit I can't get urbody's crystals. I hate not being able to control somebody. Is it game over if his body expires on the field?

Sage for sucking at sRPG's.

I played the PSP version. It was okay. The job system is nice but I don't get why it gets so much praise. After getting some characters how I wanted them I lost interest and had to force myself to finish.

Delita's body can't expire, he just has infinite unconscious. Same with Algus. You don't need to gather all those crystals though; it's helpful but, like, not a big deal.

FFTA may be up your alley. There is a lot more endgame material and things to do besides upgrading your party, like raising monsters or conquering Ivalice.