Stalker general

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Stalker multiplayer mod still not released. I'm sure it'll be worth the weight…

>moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online/#5259832

Other urls found in this thread:

zsg.dk/Map_Sarcophagus.php
yadi.sk/d/ro36ISDSsZ8xp
yadi.sk/d/uQpzFNrfsn33y
moddb.com/mods/misery-the-armed-zone/downloads/weapon-tweaks-for-armed-zone-mod
moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-special-edition
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/cop-coc-db-converter
moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/les-miserables
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_trader_files).
moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online/news/closed-beta-test1
youtube.com/watch?v=aMLBcvE9pBY&index=7&list=PL08A1C7C4AD0D2B91
mega.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone else try Stalker: Call of Chernobyl?

I need to mod this mod since the economy is fucked. Merchants won't take anything less 99% condition pretty much and I end up spending more money stalker than I do from equipment I need to sell.

That and repair costs greatly outweigh the cost of selling items to merchants.

About to play SoC for the second time.

What mods should I use? I already played with the complete mod and people say it breaks the game's natural difficulty, so this time i wanna go with a mod that just provides graphics enhancement and maybe more weapons/items.

I just used the zone reclamation project to fix some of the bugs

Help.

Lurk perhaps?

Its time to play the Vanilla mod you fucking faggot, thats what you should have done in yhe first place you stupid piece of shit.

For what fucking purpose?

That's a pretty common experience actually. Probably down to going in with a shitty suit or taking a lot of damage to your equipment.

Luckily there's a good few suits lying around you can use so just savescum and move as quickly as you can. Make sure to conserve anti-rads and medkits.

Autumn Aurora is nice, but as says, you should probably play Vanilla to get an appreciation for what these mods do and don't do

Suck at video games maybe?

I ended up editing actor.ltx

Its kinda too late now, he already popped his cherry.
What a dumbfuck

Nigger, Master is easy as fuck if you dont go guns blazing like a fucking retard.

Also it'll be harder to move quickly on easy difficulty.

if you're really stuck look here zsg.dk/Map_Sarcophagus.php and click 'show only' on the items tab at the bottom of the map. Hunt down a suit and medical items.

That works too but I wasn't sure how confident you'd be at messing with the files. Some are scared off at the mention of it and the ending is worth experiencing first hand.

The higher difficulty arguably makes the game easier to be fair.

Eh, it seems i fucked up anyway. Can't get a good ending.

Have you missed the decoder? There is an exploit to get in anyway but ZRP probably patches it.

Good, take a break and then replay it at a later time, games designed for multiple plautroughs.

Why?
All you need to do is backtrack

Trips

This too.

Assuming you made a hard save before the point of no return of course…

Fuck it, too tired of it. I'l go play some clear sky instead.

I wanted to complete soc and clear sky before moving on call of pripyat with misery mod. Just to know backstory.

I read up true ending on the wiki and watched it on the youtube few years ago anyway.

And come to think of it you need to have met Doctor for it to spawn anyway.

Won't work on ZRP, sadly.

Ah, I did worry about that.

Any Veteran know how to get this pda ? The anomaly keeps pushing me back.

How's Open Xray?

I may be wrong, but I remember an anomly at the bridge you gotta jump into that teleports you. Don't know if that's related to this, though.

I must have drank too much to not see it, cheers comrade.

No problem, bratan.

That's why master is considered the standard and people are generally thought to be a twit not to use it.

There is one, but it will get updated as soon 1.4 gets a final release.
I just hope that some crazy rusky at Ap-PRO can add some AMK features such as artifact transmutation, better dynamic chat + encounters while taking advantage of the underground a-life.

Some russian made an installation of Call of Chernobyl with all existing addons for it, and ability to configure all of them one by one.
yadi.sk/d/ro36ISDSsZ8xp

Incredible work i must say.

Go into gamedata>config>misc>trade

Open up those .ltx files and find buy_item_condition_factor and change it. I usually use 0.5, that way I can sell items that are half-fucked or above

Goddamn, I just read half of Roadside Picnic, now I wanna get back into playing CoC. Might do a loner run this time just hunting for artifacts

This looks great, but is it all in rooskie-runes or what? And are you sure the addons are all up-to-date?

sage for double post

Not all of them are ruski runes, i must say.

Even on russian version it ends up with some stuff having english text.

Bretty good.
Just hope for it to get updated when 1.4 hits.
Lets wait for the anons working on the AO3 AI unfucker to finish.

Sleep tight, Mokey.
Get read for nightmares to come, after the series adaptation goes live

Well I'll try it out then, if it works it'll sure as hell beat installing all the addons one-by-one.

Gonna watch Tarkovski's Stalker for the first time while it downloads. Now all I need is some vodka. Also here's a seemingly out-of-date picture in case anyone needs it

So did I. The bandits then managed to take the backdoor exit and kill me

every time, i really wish mods kept the game's vanilla damage values. i don't want to play an ARMA remake where i die in one hit from a PMm while wearing an exo suit

Best mods are essentially this:
ZRP for Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl
SRP for Stalker Clear Sky
Misery for Stalker Call of Pripyat
And Call of Chernobyl to actually have fun

Everything else seems to be really overrated.

Jesus dick

I hope you are going to watch it with english subtitles.

Misery is made just as good as the professional developer would do. Its really fucking good.

Too bad there's no way Misery is going to be merged with Call of Chernobyl.

Of course it was with english subs, I can't understand commiespeak. Just finished it too. Art films are usually really hit/miss with me, but I really enjoyed it. I think reading the book helped me understand what was happening, I'd suggest anyone looking to see it to read Roadside Picnic first

Although I was kinda disappointed Monkey was just a cripple with telekinesis? and not a hairy, black-eyed soon-to-be animal

Why "Complete" series of mods even exist, when essentially they are utter shit?

There's nothing wrong with CoP Complete.

Don't about the others, never tried them.

But aren't they are compilations of random unoptimized mods that don't even have all bugfixes in them?

IMO best mod for Shadow of Chernobyl is AMK Complete, the pack that merges AMK + Arsenal + SoC Complete + Absolute Textures and Structures + Weather Overhaul + Shaders Max + LURK Animations.

I even recommend it for first time SoC players, to use it and not bother with vanilla. It's the way SoC was meant to be played.

Well, you could say the same about any "big" mod for any Stalker game, including (or, more acurattely, "especially") the so acclaimed Misery.

That said, CoP Complete is the most stable, bug-free and glitch-free Stalker I've ever played. More so than vanilla.

What does stalker community think about Fallout 4, as a successor to Stalker in open world post apocalyptic first person shooter genre?

We aren't getting new stalker any time soon anyway, but can make our own as a mod for Fallout 4. There are already bunch of stalker stuff being ported in the game.

Okay, this was a complete waste of time, the whole installer's in russian and I have no fucking clue what I'm installing

Back to trying to mod it myself I guess

Fallout 4, as a successor to Stalker

What the fuck am I reading? Seriously. What the fuck is going on with these STALKER threads? How the fuck can there be people with such incredibly shit opinions?

fuck off

Misery shows that can you be a hack and get away with it.
At least the TAZ dev will make a version of his mod for CoC, probably after he release and fix TAZ for Misery 2.2.

W O R M W O O D
O
R
M
W
O
O
D

Is the game speed still locked to FPS? If so vanilla SOC is a significantly better game no matter what.

And a honored mention to:
Gunslinger;
Radium;
Ray of Hope.

Misery has pissed me off so much. BUT their new feature actually looks really interesting, just hope it actually works.

Looking forward to Radium and Wormwood, waiting on mods is suffering though.

Ray of Hope looks very cool, I just don't see how its going to be stable at all

Only a unfucker can make Misery to work somehow, unless the dev team take its head out of the ass.

This is really the only mod besides CoC that I'd really be interested in. Honestly I never felt compelled to mod SoC, vanilla with bugfixes is perfect

Anyway what is the mod for COP that adds bolt action rifles and flame throwers?

Why you hate misery?

Explain. Because i haven't actually gone too far with this mod. It seems developers also started a kickstarter of their own game.

Go away, Todd.

And this is its gameplay.

VNs are for masturbation only misery team.

I hope you're not implying it's too hard for you. Master is the most fun

Misery is the Brutal Doom of stalker

So its so good that everyone hates it then, okay.

Not all of them.

The game actually gets HARDER the easier you go because the difficulty settings are broken. Master is how you actually play the game.

No I was trying to say that I was promised a harder game and got no noticeable changes. It still takes me half a mag to kill anyone pointblank and my shotgun is still useless on everything up close as well.

I'll see if I can find it.

thanks nigga.

Are you a baka?

Fucking 360 noscope MLG headshot everyone and the game is piss easy. Mutants are the only thing you have to worry about.

But I liked my shoot gun and if I am going to do that I need a moist nugget now what mod friend?

Just go get the Predator shotgun.
Shotguns are fucking useless against any human enemies except maybe bandits, they're for mutants.

Get an assault rifle and aim for the head against humans. Pretty much any of the tier 3 rifles are equally good (SGI-5k, G36, F2k), once you have one you're set for the rest of the game. Sit behind something and make use of the lean function.

I can't help feeling you're just sprinting at Monolith soldiers like this is Quake or something.

Then you would be wrong actually I've been fighting bandits at range and close up and they seem to just eat my bullets like it was nothing

I can't find the "trade" file…My jimmies are only moderately rustled.

It already has CoC 1.4 RC4.1 - Update 1 version actually.
Download:
yadi.sk/d/uQpzFNrfsn33y

With bunch of addons too. Not as many as their 1.3.2 version has though, but still fuckton.

Mainly for 1.4 it has those addons (i won't list how many it has for 1.3.2, it would be impossible to make a fucking list):
Bunch of replaceable loading screens, menus, huds and ui.
Choice of weapon replacer - AO, OWR, STCOP,
Bunch of retexture and graphical mods, including faction reskin
Music and sound mods
Item addon (more loot)
Gore mod
More news
More quests (two mods that you can install being merged together)
Enhanced PDA
And bunch of small things like radioactive water, millitary radio chatter and floating crosshair.

Rare advice appears ! Always shoot in the head.

If they take fatal damage in the chest they'll keep fighting for a few seconds before they fall over and go into bleed-out mode.
You need to shoot them in the face.

Well I always knew that I was just hoping for you know deadlier fights with less ammo to kill for both sides and do any of you know what mod adds bolt action rifles?

Okay so I found the mod that adds the Mosin revolver and rpm. Want to buy rifle it's over 15000 for it so I buy revolver instead it's 3000 so I buy it but it's ammo is 400 for 10 rounds but luckily I picked up 50 already waste 20 rounds trying to take out 2 fleshes.

Who thought this was a good Idea

Are there any ways to make mods dual boot?

I want to make two game instances somehow, one with misery, second with CoC, and open them separately.

Any ideas?

CoC runs on its own in a seperate folder anyway, as far as I know if you install it your CoP install should be completely intact to mod as you wish

Doesn't seem like it. Its installed in gamedata after all.

Call of Chernobyl is not installed into your CoP gamedata folder, it won't even work that way, it's supposed to be installed in a separate directory. Try reading the mod page next time

Anyway, misery doesn't seem to work just by switching game data. Both COC and misery have files beyond gamedata folder.

Should i leave COC alone and forget about misery, if its considered shit anyway?

Nope, it works by being installed inside of COP. And yep, it works, with bunch of addons and mods for it.

Forget about what i said, it appears my installation of COC also has entire COP inside of it.

Fug
Funnily, there were no enemies at the wish granter itself

A bloodsucker does more damage than an SVD, a fucking helmet intentionally weighs 10kg, bloodsuckers are completely invisible at all times until they're about to attack you even if they're at a distance, enemies drop almost broken gear and almost no ammo despite having infinite ammo and perfect condition guns while alive, a bandit can literally throw a grenade right on target from about 75 meters uphill in the dark past some trees, textures are completely unoptimized, there's a fucking 10mb 4k texture for a pinup poster of a real life woman. That's just some of the shit I remember, not to mention the constant CTDs and glitches everywhere. One of the features for the mod was that you could interrogate wounded enemies to find out stash locations, if you do the game crashes or you might get lucky and they'll just get up and shoot you in the face, which they also do if you knife them.

And I'm not sure about the patch but on base Misery enemies take half damage from everything while you take over 100% damage on literally everything up to 960% from fire compare this to vanilla where on Master both you and enemies took 100% from everything.

how do you configure them? I didn't get an option to toggle them.

Good riddance, at least them and their fanbase won't infest the mod scene anymore.

Playing clear sky and I kinda hate it. Is it okay to skip it, or is it important for the story? Also is it just me, or is it really shit?

I found them, they're all in Russian though…

Ehh I would consider it skippable. I would have to say honestly CoP took a lot of the non shit features CS did bring to the table but it left a lot of the shit CS did bring such as goof ass AI and stablity issues.

It's not a BAD game but unless you really want the whole story I'd say bypass it.

It's one of those "it's fucking nothing" endings since nothing you do really affects things in the end since you already know what happens in SoC. I won't spoil anything further.

Stalker games, at least in the GoG versions, can be made fully portable. You can make a copy of the game's main folder somewhere, uninstall it and it will still work.

You can even edit fsgame.ltx and change the profile folder to save games and settings anywhere you want, like a subdir inside the game's own directory

So it's a non-issue having two different instances of the game with different combinations of mods.

Sorry, you either need to extract it from the .db files using a tool you can find on the moddb page OR you can use one of the weapon overhauls and change those files

My misery of misery mod:

And then…

So, does Misery worth even fucking with it if it runs like shit? I guess i understand now the point behind this mod's name. Playing original with maximum graphics seems to be better idea than waste time on this shit.

Didn't meant to quote, sorry.

You should be shot with a mosin to the head.
Oh wait that doesn't kill people according to misery.

I've no idea about misery as I've never played using it, but if you're playing CoC it's best to not only lower grass density but turn it all the way down. Anything higher than that can cause crashes when you enter the truck cemetery since it's so huge

Either way I've heard so many annoying things about misery that I would never try it myself. There's plenty of other mods to fuck around with

I like how first time you start misery you have dogs and boars that need 10 shots in the head to be killed. In fucking packs.

And you almost instantly die from their attacks.

Why, all years there's a new fad for Stalker. And every one claims it's how the game was supposed to be like, from Oblivion Lost to Misery.

This is the cancer known as "mods that make the game better". I read that shit and lose interest at once.

Yeah and the dev thinks its a great idea that you get about 1-4 ammo per dead guy while they have infinite, never jam and drop near broken guns on death.

I even once asked him some help tweaking the gun repair items since i thought that the fact that wool / oil bottle have 1-2 uses was bullshit and wanted to make it so that if used within 95-99% you could pretty much keep the gun repaired with those since a gun maintained and cleaned reguraly pretty much lasts a life time.
The fucker just sent me a butthurt message that he doesn't want to help me alter his vision of what the game should be and that I'm on my own.

The only way to get a perfect mod is to make it yourself.
Even so the number of plenty mods is just a plus, every one of them had atleast one or two things I liked that some other mod didn't have like certain new items or well done gun / item stats.

Playing every mod & vanilla through 1-3 times means I've gotten so much for so little with this game that I have to objectively say that its the most fun I've had for the least amount of money spent.

There is a mod that fixed damage of misery with armed zone weapons:

moddb.com/mods/misery-the-armed-zone/downloads/weapon-tweaks-for-armed-zone-mod

I'l leave judgement of it for you though. Can't say its good. I tried it and boars still don't die when shot in the head

By the way, why clear sky is considered a bad game?

Its an only stalker game with working faction war with UI support that shows you how many resources/troops your faction has. And there's very fluid friendship meter as well.

Is this a good bugfix for COP?
moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-special-edition

what is wrong with call of chernobyl?

playing on master, i shot 2 army guys 5 feet away and they didn't shoot back despite me being a bandit. then one of the army dudes came and marched down some room and i shot him about 5 times in the head with an AK. he just walks up and full autos me and im dead

it might just be because i havent downloaded any patches, but what the fuck

You kind of need the patches dude, the initial release was buggy as shit. The patches also add some cool stuff like radio chatter and more dynamic quests

It's fun giving a test to these things, I like seeing how others think they gun balance should be but in the end I always end up tweaking it a little.

Just tested out. This + Misery on rookie makes Misery not so miserable, actually.

SOC is my favorite one and i want to play through it again. I played with autumn aurora, AMK, and vanilla. What mod should i use now to have a good time? I don't really like mods that make it just an infinite roam around game with no ending.

Playing that now. Comfy as fuck.

Has the best visuals but for some reason with all these mods i play i can't get to the end of the game. AMK had massive radiation in the end game level and i couldn't progress further since my suit couldn't handle it and i don't have radiation items left over. Autumn aurora was amazing though from start to finish.

The faction war razes any feeling of loliness to the ground.

tfw no stalker loli mod

Girls can't be stalkers, user.
Tampons don't work in the zone.

But lolis are magical. They don't menstruate.

And mostly because the zone is jealous and women are way more likely to die because the zone is the only women you need.

That character is hideous

Good luck, zone-chan!

In the zone everyone bleeds.
Why are you posting a mongoloid with blue hair?

Fixing the OP guides

Cool mongoloid, dude.

If the Zone would come out as a cute girl I wouldn't have a problem

Also

grenades and 2 full mags from my rifle and still jump and kill me in 2 hits

Now look I like to consider a decent stalker played all of the games and never played master because I thought everything would be bullet sponges and it doesn't seem look like I was wrong. Now can someone give me some advice other than aim for the head because this isn't fun at all now and the balance is through the window

why can't i just get a zip file

I bought Call of Pripyat some days ago. Is it as good as SoC? Did I do good?

The Zone is yandere.

you fucked up. I never thought i'd say this but i hope you bought it on steam and can et a refund. All the money goes to that faggot who won't let Stalker 2 be made

I-i didn't know about this…
elaborate?

Congratulations on funding Sergei's Pepsi addiction.
lurk more

Original STALKER team is gone. Buying STALKER gives money to the guy who fired them.

first stop talking like a faggot and lurk moar
Sergei stopped Stalker 2 from being developed and fired the team

He also was refusing to pay some salaries and wasted money on some fancy car. He is literally cancer.
The dev team is split between several games now, some of them revived the company and are working on Cossacks 3. I don't think they can use the STALKER IP anymore, but they could pick some similar fantasy setting and make a good game eventually. Let's just hope Cossacks 3 delivers.

Didn't some of the devs try to make a kind of STALKER mmo(a spiritual succesor of course, since the ip is taken)?

Yes. Some members of the team also worked on Cradle (that walking simulator with the -slightly- Anita Sarkeesian-looking android); The game was kind of lame, but the world building was really good and that's what the guys from STALKER worked on. I heard some were working on DayZ 2 Escape from Tarkov, but I'm not really sure about that one.

On a side-note, video related got the map SDK released not long ago, I heard they wanted to release a full SDK eventually. Seems like a solid base to build an STALKER mod, at least something like Call of Chernobyl, the hardest part would be developing the AI, I don't think it has bots, at least not yet.

Yeah, no, the game is utter shit, NV was better, even if the AI wasn't great either.

Installed OGSE. What i am in for?

I already surprising having no weapons at the start, not even a fucking knife.

I was just lurking for some pleasant expansion to main quest line.

If only I had more hours in the day. I'd give you a proper internet for a direct link.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/cop-coc-db-converter
This is a link to the gamedata converter. Although I would really encourage just using a weapon overhaul and changing the trade files that come with it, I know AO has them.

So i installed lurk 1.05 and it looks nice so far but the screen tearing is unbearable. I heard the vsync doesn't work ingame so i tried forcing it on my gpu control but for some reason it disables all the graphical enhancements and even than there is still screen tearing.

have some monster girls.

Something about collars man. Very underrated fetish.

This has to be a troll. Nobody here can actually considers that trainwreck to be the best mod out there?

i dont think you realize but there are a lot of people from reddit here because of gamergoy

Whoa, whoa whoa, easy there pal. Nobody wants to be this edgy like you.

Or at least describe why you think so.

Normalfags hate misery because it has hitler references.

Why do I always manage to fuck the game up in some way, am I that retarded?

The Arsenal Overhaul mod for CoP has a Mosin Nagant.
It´s pretty fun to use.

Thanks user but I already found another mod that adds the rifle and it is pretty fun to use, except against mutants then again that's pretty much every weapon. Do you know any mods that make shotguns great again user?

She needs to change her ways because I don't even have a waifu

re-installing OGSE

Is there an unpacker available for it? I want to restore the iron-sight zoom in the weapon.ltx

They are mad because its too hard for them.
Just the usual people who cant accept people enjoying this they dont

Haven't played it myself but the issue people have are deliberately artificial difficulty that turns the game into a grindy SP mmo.

The team decided that the player should always be limited by their equipment instead of their skill.

That means you need HP-ammo and a rifle to kill boars without it being a total chore, AP ammo to kill stalkers and some kind of super-ammo and great psy protection to kill burers and controllers. If you have the basic pistol and FMJ rounds you still won't be able to kill a single bandit without it being a huge hassle.

You are not limited by your skill where your equipment gives you an extra edge. You are limited by your equipment first and then tests your skill.

There's an obvious way to fix it. Increase damage on all weapons.

Yes, there's a mod for it called Les Miserable made by /sg/ on 4chan that tried to unfuck it. Couldn't fix the bugs but from what I heard it managed to unfuck the balance at least. Misery doesn't really have much going for it except the balance though.

moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/les-miserables

That's interesting, thanks.

Alright I'm just going to post this because lurking I'm getting a fucking million differing answers.
I've never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. before. I assume I start with Shadow of Chernobyl from what I've read. Can I get some fucking definite first time mod list? I have no home internet so I only have some hours here at starcucks to dl shit.
Otherwise I'll just use this as reference, even if it is outdated as fuck.
Please anons, I've been wanting to play this for years

Get Zone Reclamation Project for your first time. It's just a bug-fix mod and that should be all you need for your first playthrough. Play the games in release order, SoC>CS>CoP. You can decide for yourself whether you want to skip Clear Sky

ZRP is the only thing I'd say is definite. Everything else is nice but optional.

I recommend skipping clear sky cause its shit and not a stalker game, but annoying shooter with incredibly shitty half baked ending.

You can break down clear sky to this:

Thanks. I just got ZRP installed, I'll hit it up later tonight when I head home.

Sounds pretty shit. I'm sure SoC will keep me entertained for a while anyway, at least as I hop between it and Grim Dawn until Monster Hunter Generations comes out to bide my time. If I get there I'll pop back in a thread.

No.

If you really can't stomach it unmodded then the closest you can get to an updated vanilla is Autumn Aurora 2. It changes a quite a few things but it keeps the spirit of the original intact and updates the graphics immensely.

I showed it to a friend and he was thoroughly unimpressed by vanilla. I then showed him AMK 1.4.1 and then he was hooked. In all honesty vanilla isn't all it's cracked up to be because they cut out about half the game to make it stable enough to play. Mods are usually inspired or even copy-pasted from what they cut.

Clear Sky isn't that bad either with mods and has the best maps of any of the stalker games.

I didn't say to definitely skip CS, some people do for reasons like . Although you're right about the maps. Red Forest is fucking great

It's so sad that dense forest maps like that are hell on the specs because you have to render every single leaf. Only way to do them seems to be cutting down the draw-distance to 30m.

I wish we could have a complete 1:1 map of the zone complete with large spooky forests like that.

CoC has the CS maps, but Red Forest feels a lot different. Still good though, and dangerous as hell

Yeah, CoC is great but still feels empty somehow. With no quests above the generic ones and the ability to basically go anywhere at any time it's lost its mystery somewhat.

Red Forest wasn't that dangerous last I played, 1.3.2. I went in with a freedom vest, shotgun and SKS and pulled through quite easily. It's the only place you can upgrade weapons without tool-kits so I went there early. Since there's an easy way to Yantar as well you could go there with just a sawn-off and a leather jacket. Realizing you could just run past enemies or let NPCs kill them for you ruined a lot for me.

The thing really missing from CoC at this point is either a story or a port of the CS faction wars.

There's the warfare addon, but it hasn't been updated and I've never used it. Also I've been playing with a mod that makes all of red forest irradiated

No you fucking retard COC is stand alone, what it needs is a registry entry that you have CoP installed.

Play vanilla first you pansy faggot

shadow fo chernobyl

I tried explaining that, nigger refuses to listen. Just let him be retarded

So, is it common knowledge now that Lost Alpha was a mistake?

Everyone who played it seems to agree.

Real sad because from reading the features list it sounded pretty damn good. People who played it also agreed that the maps and general ambiance of it was great. If another group took it upon themselves to polish it properly it could be great, same with OGSE 0693 although that is much more polished comparatively.

All it needs is to take out that shitty gay plot, add a-life to those deserted maps and go full freeplay.
And its isnt over yet, there is Director's Cut on the way.
Lets just hope that they will follow the CoC team and release SDKwho in the fuck i am kidding ?

Lost Alpha didnt have half the features devs promised and those that were there usually crashed the game. The levels were great tho

I am using THREE fucking QUEST MODS, build SPECIALLY for COC.
And MERGED FUCKING TOGETHER.
Also news reports from everything and ranking system.

Although all in russian and i can't help you finding the same equivalent in english.

Can someone confirm if the STEAM version of Stalker works with steam's in home streaming?

I tried adding the GOG version to Steam and running it from there but it didn't work.

One of my sisters really liked SoC and i have been planning to let her play CoP but i am wise enough to not let her near my gayman PC

we can only dream of the ultimate slav simulator

Not a single self-conscious slav wears adidas nowadays, only muslim shitskins do and not very intellectual thugs.

More sane people on the other hand already know that adidas is cancerous as fuck now.

Then how many mods does CS need to rise to the level of the other two games?

Just as many as for fallout 4 to become an rpg.

I heard about some slav project that merged all the available mods into one. Is that it?

Playable in english when?

Вали отсюда, сталкер!

Does anyone have a link to the guide that showed you what database had which files?

I'm doing some tweaking and I need the inventory_new.xml file.

Fellow stalkers, playing some Stalker COC right now in dx11. Is dx11 worth it?

I mean, what the real difference except lightning? I get around 40-50 fps with it, its bearable, but not perfect. I think water effects also disappear in dx9 mode.

Second question - what is the best setting for AA to remove fucking jaggies? Aliasing on trees is something incredibly annoying in all stalker games, but i never cared to fix it until now.

DX11 + maximum AA in nvidia settings make my 650 ti nvidia to shit itself. There must be some performance compromise.

I never understood why one would play stalkan on anything above static lighting

its the comfiest and also most realistic lighting without brown+bloom and vaseline

But muh flickering shadows!

Also not all mods work flawlessly on static lightning nowadays.

Does anyone here have a working download for Zone of Alienation? The ModDB has a torrent with no seeders, and DDL is broken.

Otherwise, any recommendations for a decent replacement for it? Mostly want a big content and difficulty spike.

I rike it

Flashlights casting light trough walls and no shadows for one. It also looks kind of dull with too much light.

Ready for the future™?

This cheekis my breekis.

Feels not so cheeki breeki

is this your first video game?

Now you know why ukranians were so happy to wage their civil war. It was to emulate their experience of playing stalker.

Own all three games, kinda board, Already played AMK, what do I play now?

What is the least butthurt faction to play as in CoC?

Really fucking tired of getting my ass kicked by military helicopters.

is this what STALKER is like?

He comes off as more finnish or something

Happy new year JD

man fuck those choppers, they just sit up there sucking away all my ammunition and will to live

you can't even run from the fuckers since they can magically spot you through trees and long grass and can see perfectly at night

I turned that shit off because its just a nuisance

Is ZoA a good mod?

Decided to play through the STALKERS again recently and just finished SoC with Autumn Aurora, are there any good vanilla-like mods for Clear Sky that just polish shit up and make it prettier?

I haven't played Zone of Alienation for some time (Probably like two years) So I'm not sure how much of it the guy has fixed. It's an interesting mod, hard as nails and reloading magazines with bullets and having to manage them I found quite enjoyable, though the /k/ is strong with me. Wasn't a huge fan of giant swarms of dogs, bloodsuckers and psuedogiants being all over the Garbage and Cordon from the get go though but maybe I'm just casual.

I was ultimately put off by it because it crashes at the drop of a hat, for any reason it feels like and just loves to corrupt your savegames. I've never been able to get to Pripyat with ZoA without getting frustrated with it.

just installed and played for half hour, i hate the swaying back and forth when you move and i also crashed on the very first mission. I don't think this mod is for me tbh.

How do you turn off helicopters?

Please teach me!

Notable additions in 1.4 CoC since RC4:

Fuck, this is really much better and interesting than 1.3.2. I hope they will add more storyline related stuff, so it will be actually interesting.

The view bob? You can disable that in the console just by typing cam_inert 0

By default it's at 0.7 or something, I tend to put it on 0.2 or 0.1 myself.

Options menu

Night in the zone are pretty scary.

I can confirm RoH is still in development. It's just slow as fuck. There's multiple teams working on different stuff, and while what's done is impressive to me, there's a loooooong way to go.

Someone just did a Call of Chernobyl Pacifist run.

how come in CoC, zaton and jupiter are empty?

there aren't roaming bands of loners going around, even the jupiter station is empty. the only other stalkers i've seen that are roaming around are groups of zombies and 2 groups of monolith, armed with svds and rpgs

also, how to fix the economy?

Which restoration project had the most amount of content restored from Shadow of Chernobyl?

OGSE, Oblivion Lost Remake or Lost Alpha?

OGSE has the most content generally
Lost Alpha has the all the original maps and some more
OLR is essentially Lost Alpha that isnt shit

Hey I got all 3 games and I can get pretty /k/ and I was wondering what mods are worth getting. Or should I play without mods?

Do the vanilla. Then consider using guides for mods available in this thread.

If you are pretty /k/ i recommend you arsenal overhaul for call of pripyat though, and wait for gunslinger mod to come out.

Play vanilla SoC for a first playthrough.
Then an AMK derivate or AMK itself.
Then play CoP vanilla.
Then go nuts with whatever you feel like slapping on.

I have had my eye on gunslinger for a while cant wait. I want to play it in order though. Is there a reason I should play the first game vanilla?

Only to know what this game is about mostly. And how does the original feel compared to mods.

There are a lot of shit mods that only make the game worse, like misery or lost alpha, that's why.

no actual good ones?

There really is nothing like STALKER out there, which is why everyone says play vanilla for the first time.

You know, those restoration mods need some limits. I mean, why restoring bad things?

Don't play Clear Skies vanilla though. The game is absolutely unredeemable hot garbage.

Whats so bad about clear skies?

olr is fantastic stop being autistic about change

Ignore him, play everything once vanilla first.
That way you can appreciate the mods even better when you know all the things they add / change.

It's not just one bad thing, it's a number of things. I think forgot just how bad it was. I did too until I played CoC (a standalone mod that puts all the stalker maps together in one giant open world) and as soon as I stepped into the clear skies maps it all came rushing back to me. You can do what the other user suggests and try getting through it vanilla, but as soon as you get to a point where you're like "This is terrible" just quit, install mods, and start over. The game just gets worse as it goes on, and the end game is probably one of the most frustrating and bullshit experiences I ever had in video games. I honestly wouldn't even replay that piece of shit with mods.

I fully realize how bad it was, I made the mistake of buying it right away when it was released and let me tell you, I had to tweak and wait for patches for weeks before I could get a playthrough without a corrupted save or a game breaking glitch.

Even so, I recommend playing every one of them as vanilla first. Thats the only way you can truly appreciate mods.

Alright, I understand that reasoning. I just advise against it unless said person became a huge fan of the series after playing SoC.

When you play the games vanilla first, you will come across things you will think about like "this is awesome but this and this could be better".
Things like weapon variety or gunplay or anomaly mechanics.

And then the mods deliver. And oh boy do they deliver.

Ecologists have pretty much no enemies.

The only truly annoying thing I've found with SoC so far, is that you can't repair or even upgrade weapons and armor. It's annoying not being able to have personalized weapons or even be able to repair the custom ones you find in the field.

There are mods adding upgrade system and repair. OGSE for example.

It greatly expands the questline and adds in some really good weapons.

Honestly, you'll be using the AK74 and the AK101 for the whole game since they're the only weapons with the modification system (dovetail rail, EOTech, etc) fully implemented.

The translation is also done well for the most part, all of the "Local Folklore" is written in English so you won't get pic related (STALKERSOUP).

Just wish there was a AO3 AI, faction arsenal/economy unfucker. And a OWR gunplay unfucker. Plus a better starter and trader for both.
A updated version Zone Desolation for CoC 1.4 RC4, would be nice.

Guess the storyline stuff will be more of addon done by the community, would be nice to have one for each faction, just like the quest additions.
I would like to see the implementation of those new anomalies too.

So I'm currently replaying the STalker games with mods and just finished SoC with Autumn Aurora.
So I really didn't care that much for clear sky. It had some really nice levels, but in general it felt more like a generic shooter than a stalker game. Can mods fix this?

As much as I enjoy making my own fun in CoC, it would be nice to have a basic storyline to work towards. Typically I just try to visit every map, hunt for artifacts and haul weapons across the zone to make loadsa' rubles.

Character portrait selection is cool though, I also liked the reputation shit from the last update as well

you are so fucking fat that you confuse vocabulary

hownew.ru

Look through the GSC forums and moddb. There isn't that many larger mods for CS but there are a few plus some smaller mods/tweaks that fix some of the more glaring issues.

But the best parts of CS are the maps and being livelier than CoP.

Show me your equipment stalker.

The changelog in CoC patch 1.4 says this:
And when messing with faction loadouts in character_desc_general, I found this after the Monolith's loadouts:
- GENERATE_NAME_stalker ui_inGame2_Zombied_1 Actor [spawn] \n detector_simple \n device_torch \n wpn_binoc \n wpn_knife \n wpn_pm \n ammo_9x18_fmj = 2 \n bandage = 2 \n medkit = 1 \n bread = 1 \n kolbasa = 1 \n vodka = 1 \n novice_outfit \n actor actor_zombied 0 0 actors\stalker_zombied\stalker_zombied_1

What does this mean? Is there a secret zombie start?

Well, the Brain Scorcher has been reactivated, so stalkers can no longer just walk into the inner Zone.
You can edit base costs in weapon files (ammo is in gamedata/configs/weapons/weapons.ltx, addons are in the same folder), items and outfits in their respective files in configs/misc, repair costs in inventory_upgrades.ltx (also in configs/misc) or just manually edit each trader (see sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_trader_files).

Sure looks like it.

moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online/news/closed-beta-test1

Give us the scoop

Y-you too

In CoP you don't need a mod for that, there's a drum-loaded shotgun there that can be modified by a technician to have an automatic fire mode
Shit's savage

no matter how much i look for an answer i get no results. Funny thing even with forced vsync it still tears. Guess i'll play something else

Fun-fact: stalkan gaems inbuilt vsync does nothing

Yeah i know, i used radeon settings to force vsync. Hell i turned up some of the settings so that i'd get less than 30 fps and i still get tearing.

Does anyone have the static lightning fix for red dot sights on AO3?

I wonder if anyone knows how to activate it.

I've been fucking with the files and I can't get merchants to buy my items. I've reset all the buy stats to 0.5 and they won't buy my stuff. I see the default stats start out at 0.7 in my config fig but trying to sell stuff at around 80-90% still yields the same result.

Nah, it's shit for savages.

Takes about an hour to reload because you have to turn the cylinder manually like on the Bulldog but with 12 rounds instead of 6.

Carabineer is much better cause it's much faster to reload and have about the same stats. The only good thing about the Eliminator is that it's slightly lighter and can use NATO scopes, although the scopes are pretty much required since there is no proper iron-sight for it and you only have use for the close combat scope.

My guess is you trigger it by completing the game with all factions. But it could be there's no way of activating it yet.

Anyone else have problems with the difficulty? I found that even on normal guys turn out to be bullet sponges. When I put it on easy enemies have more realistic health but I take too many shots. Is there a way to get it just right?

Play it on master faggot.

On lower difficulty settings a percentage of the bullets disappear.

If you still don't like it there's mods that fixes it.

Its called "master". Apparently under maximum difficulty game makes damage of weapons equally powerful to both you and against your enemy.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Do I need to move content from the unpacked to another folder?

Got any mod suggestions for alternate storylines? I tend to play something else if I'm not working towards something

I've made a terrible mistake.

I started looking through the youtube playlist that showcase features from the GUNSLINGER mod and now I'll be on suicide watch when they decide to quit.

youtube.com/watch?v=aMLBcvE9pBY&index=7&list=PL08A1C7C4AD0D2B91

All I can think of now is GUNSLINGER merged with CoC and the faction wars from Clear Sky.

Your chernobyl is ready to accept equality?

But it was shit.

I wouldnt mind if they added some Female stalkers but that mod is just bad

I hear valley of whispers is pretty good.

There's an infographic with recommended mods that suggests some alternate story mods but I can't find it.

It was broken but if fixed it's fun as fuck. Try one of the older versions of The Faction War for CS and you'll see. Besides, what the hell else are you going to do except piddle about on that fuck-huge world map. The other option is an actual storyline but it's bound to be fan-fiction tier. Faction wars are timeless and perfect for that huge world map. It'll be like mountainblade but slavic and with guns.

I CoC you mean? Well, not at the moment, so it looks like you'll have to wait until 1.4. However as it is right now you could just try to do what was basically SoC's storyline. Shutting down the Brain Scorcher is the default quest for every faction besides Monolith, I think. Then after that you can go to the Wish Granter and fuck up your save by seeing whatever game-breaking outcome it gives you

What happens when you get there? Is it just the SoC endings?

To be honest I haven't actually tried it myself, but no you don't get the ending cutscenes I don't think. There are a few wishes you can pick from, and if I remember correctly one of them simply gets rid of everyone and everything in the zone so you're basically all alone. I think there's one that makes the game crash too, but I'm not sure

CoC will have a story at some point. They already making some basic changes to it.

1.4 RC4 made it so you would have to visit most important locations in the game.

Yeah, but the story is just bare bones vaguely connecting the major locations together. Probably along the lines of you're a nobody that decided to find the truth behind the zone and so you must visit all the labs and finally go the CNPP and fuck up the final lab or the wish granter.

Its incredibly easy to write good story mod for CoC though. Easier than anyone thinks.

If someone would work on addon for it, it would work too. Its just all people who made quest mods (all 3 of them) instead of focusing on creating a story - made bunch of little quests for it. It would be much better to have singular story than those quests that only give you money for little effort.

That's not how the wish granter works, m80.
The wish granter makes sure you are here forever. :^)

Dont listen to him , its a ruse.
Just wish and enjoy the outcome, user.
You'll know the real answerer if you didnt talk with Guide

After the screen I backtracked to yantar, sold all the artifact I had and bought what I could, bandit jacket became SEVA suit, traded my scoped galil for an abakan found on the side, gonna get the pso-1 scope at 100 rads now, and I also sold my shotgun.
Can't wait until I get a decent sniper.
Bonus : my stuff when I finished it SoC vanilla.

I noticed that tessellation and ssao takes away the most of my performance in CoP. Is it worth it anyway to have them on?

Fuck where else is there to sell shit besides the first area? I am in the second zone now and just fought off the bandits in the scrap yard.
Also is there some kind of place to stash gear?

You suck at inventory management, don't you?
You will find more traders later in the game. Also its a shame you haven't installed anything to be able to trade with roaming stalkers.

people told me to play vanilla
I need to collect atleast one of everything I have a hoarder mentality. I also like earning cash by selling loot

anybody have issues with completing games? the last game i completed was binary domain but before that it was gta san andreas on release, everything else i dropped midway through and never completed. i either don't have the motivation to play vidya or for stalker in specific i both lose motivation and get too scared

People told you install ZRP. It has trading with random stalkers and fix for constant radiation you will certainly get later.

I know how you feel. I always switching between different games and then lose interest in something i switched over to.

You have to control your urges, install only one game on hdd at a time, and do your best to motivate yourself to complete it.

This isn't final fantasy.

but vanilla blows.. i played vanilla for 30 minutes and it was piss easy on master difficulty and riddled with glitches

i think playing 15-30 minutes vanilla is enough for you to appreciate mods, except maybe not if you took the hipster pill and think glitchy old games are fun

What mod are you using where a knife uses ammo? Now I'm curious

bravo slavs

Mods that have multiple knives use 9x19 as dummy to be able to display damage stats you daft cunts

After years of seeing memes and generals about this game series, I finally got around to play it, and finished CoP a few minutes ago:

Shadow of Chernobyl: Okay. Everything is unpolished and buggy, the in-game economy is completely fucked, the artifacts are so numerous you could build a fucking villa out of them, and they're weak as fuck despite being hyped as the next best thing, enemies don't react to getting shot, RNG quests… But it has a solid story (up until the ending, which is kinda bullshit), has a very well designed surrounding (it's really cashing in on the setting and atmosphere), and the combat is quite fun once you get a gun that doesn't shoot two metres off and start scoring those headshots

Clear Sky: improves on and fixes many of the faults of SoC, yet also brings in one of the most boring and tedious implementations of faction combat. While stuff like the new addition of upgrading stuff was great, the endless tedium of capping points, doing shit quests, old locations, and the story being a prequel (meaning I already knew how it was going to end, why the emissions are happening, what's in Chernobyl NPP, etc.) meant I got so bored after about seven to ten hours that I quit and decided to skip it. Because of that, I'd grade it as the worst game of the series.

Call of Pripyat: Good. I literally just finished it, and I gotta say I enjoyed the experience far more than CoP. Very few bugs, upgrading, rarer but also more useful artifacts, better economy, infinitely better quests, good story… A good game.

Now, why do you niggers shill the first two games too when the third one is better in literally every aspect?

Because you've played vanilla. The good shit is when you start modding. CoP is the most stable and best of the three when you talk about vanilla but SoC with mods beats it handily. In order to get CoP that stable they cut out a lot of features that SoC still has in the code just de-activated. Both Burers and Chimeras were supposed to be in SoC but were cut and then show up in CoP.

After you've finished all three of them it's time to go back to SoC and mod it. I recommend either Autumn Aurora 2, AMK 1.4.1 or something based on it.

Look through the GSC forums, moddb or the generals here.

Here are the links for the 4/sg/ mega folders

Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A

Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw

Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A