When's that pc remaster coming out?

When's that pc remaster coming out?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches?pid=221642#pid221642
forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=39157
visihow.com/Configure_Controls_for_PCSX2_PlayStation_Emulator#configure_keyboard,_controller,_or_mouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would cum buckets.

I thought you wanted Vanquish remastered on PC? Make up your mind, Holla Forums.

Started wondering if it'd hold up and then remembered how dry it is out there for a game like that again. Just no fucking reboots.

Most remasters are low-hanging fruit, straight ports with minor improvements. Black, however, is old enough to actually look old. The environments are quite simplistic, the lighting is primitive, and the textures are very low-res. It would take work to make it look good by modern standards.

I remember playing it back in the day and going, "Holy fuck, this looks so good!"
I haven't touched it since.

I thought you wanted System Shock remastered on PC? Make up your mind, Holla Forums.

The same time a sequel appears. You know the answer

There is a sequel

Please stop. He doesn't need to know.

It's coming on Origin : ^ )

multiplayer only

Reminder you can configure widescreen and mouse controls for this thing in pcsx2.

Widescreen patch:
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches?pid=221642#pid221642
forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=39157

How to configure mouse controls:
visihow.com/Configure_Controls_for_PCSX2_PlayStation_Emulator#configure_keyboard,_controller,_or_mouse

Post it

You're crazy OP. That's a good game; EA would never touch it unless there was a change.org petition with 100,000 signatures.

You asked for it.

Same, the Moon in the night level blew my mind. Still, it's not a bad looking game.

Hold up, that's the sequel?

I thought as much. I looked it up and its a "spiritual" sequel, so at leasts it is not a true sequel.

Spiritual successor, was made by almost the same exact team. Don't know what made them fuck up so hard.

That's a spiritual successor, much like BioShock was a sequel to System Shock 2.

Oh, it does look great, by PS2 standards. Which doesn't mean it stood the test of time.

The XB version was better looking and had a more stable framerate. Which brings to the question why they havent ported saod version.

BLACK wasn't a good shooter, the only thing it had going for it is gun animations and even those sucked; regards t. ten years of army ten years of gun construction

Whats your opinion on S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

Fuck I never knew. That's pretty sad.

It pushed the ps2 to its limits and I think its the only game on the system with destructible terrain, the game is good mainly due to the graphics and sound effects. Sparks fly off metal and dust fills rooms from shooting walls, not to mention the fact everything you see explodes. The game feels cathartic as fuck.

No it isn't

I had this on Waystation 2.
It came with cut out guns.
Killzone was better.

Every FPS needs ironsights.
Bodycount was ok up until you went into the same looking levels. Also no ironsights.

No ironsights in fps = Unplayable. Including Deus Ex. And hold ironsights not toggle.

Coddy may have spoilt games by doing sights but they do make it better. Require being used all the time when firing though. A good compromise would be for shots to remain precise and sights furthering that precision into the distance. Or no reticule, no HUD. Aiming still requiring time to increase precision but that not shown excelt by the effect of shots.

Firing out of sights can be made more relevant by faster movement, see more, turn faster, and costing a lot of aug upgrade points to make going to sights faster. Which could evspent on faster reloading, faster stablisation, less recoil, more health etc. hipfire spray everything, scopefire for stealth and hitting what is aimed at. Combine the two to do everything fast and propperly. Conserve amunition via scope, expend excess amunition via hipfire.

Good looking weapons relegate to hipfire and include muzzle climb to the extreme. Bullets fly out. If using a sight you'd be aiming at the feet to hit the head. Magazine too short to control recoil.

Or three firing modes, chug chu chug in scope, and brrrrrrp out of it, both single shot when pulling trigger and not holding it. Out of scopre for close range. Anything 10m away or more use sight. Get used to using trigger depth for aim as scope zoom, secondary fire on fast full press, fast enough done don't enter scope view.

I know this is bait but
It was a shit game with top tier art design by a gook.

Splitacreen was unplayable, its a really shitty series and its only relevant due to exclusivity and Sony shilling.

you need to stop doing this

but user, Criteron is dead and Bodycount was gigantic pile of subpar mediocrity

SEQUEL, RE-RELEASE, ANYTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck you Kane & Lynch is not a spiritual successor to this I REFUSE

Let's be real here, I fucking love the game but there's some real issues going on with it. The level design barring a few stages is utter AAA trash and putting it at a higer res+other visual enhancements would show you that the game is ugly as fuck, and barren in many places. The game is great, but remastering it would mean

far inferior to the xbox version still

I find it baffling that EA has made so many of their early and even later 2000's games so inaccessible outside of their original releases/hardware configurations.

There's no real difference between the PS2 and Xbox version other than audio.

and texture resolution and framerate.

Please don't talk about this ever again. That game should not even be brought up.

Killzone
+Perfect design of all 3D elements and textures.
+All adhered to theme and style of game
+Great animations
+Very impressive visually for the time
+Variety of environmets and situations
+Large selection of weaponary
+Good sounds, HG voices
-Music may have been orchestral and unsuited, muted to make playable
-No COD switch switch to sights
-End boss was underwhelming
-Cutscenes were lackluster and should have been cut
-Area with pink leaves stands out as less visually impressive than rest of game
-Some pop in with enemy textures

Resolution as always should be lowered as far as playable. Always better for everything to look good and run well than have more pixels.

Killzone wasn't ahead of it's time, it was impressively ahead of the rest by far and so right for it.

Maybe the ending was better as it was.
Killzone 2 did live up to it's standard, but the 2007 version was not what was released. It should have been released then. It looked better, performed better and was more serious. Killzone and Shellshock attempted to show things real, that effort may have moved to other things but it is present throughout. It's right for something to take itself seriously. The team behind it need more real interaction at the highest levels. Passing on skill without attention seeking, relaying things that have been done. It was a WW2 game set in a future.

I'd like to see the 2007 version of 2 salvaged, localised to the PS4 and re-released. Add more urban environments in the same grey style.

Invasion and occupation aren't themes sought for now. Gritty realism might be. The multiplayer is worth time spent in too.

After that a propper continuation where things stay dirty.

Is this what autism looks like?

Vanquish was shit. Looked great except for the characters, and settings. Badly designed everything. Peurile.

RDR stopped trying for serious, it's own story very early on. Then just sherif cowardice, parrody, caricature. A lot right that was ruined by the rest. All the annoyance cut out, different character it might be good. More advancement of stupidity to where it doesn't belong. Didn't invest everything into it. Not enough for it too to be a western world.

No character in the ones with it to come out I suppose. Out to take and claim.

Build it for themselves and share it so it's made better would work.

Like most of the shit, doesn't show people as people. Maybe treated badly enough, or well enough they make like they've been raised. Empty.

And pro banks and all that. Course.

Lee Van Cleef was the good guy, smiles, knows whats right. It's not a hard decision to compromise.

Fuck off gook.

You're actually making me miss ass autist, because at least he posted asses

why would you want to play that piece of shit?

That game is shit, only the gun models looked good for PS2 standards

As said, fuck off. Find the world without worth you are looking for by staring in a mirror.

There's your answer

No
I'm going to call you Rambling Randy from now on

Question's already been answered for you cowards from yourselves. You're out to further stupidity. Have it, it belongs nowhere else but in traitors who approve of it.

Should have played the superior version OP.

That's just the google public DNS.

What was the level where you ended up in this like warehouse or something with tons of enemies coming at you? That shit was pretty rad. Also that whole silver weapons deal was also pretty cool for glorified unlimited ammo

You're shit.

Vanquish is one of those Holla Forums darlings that nobody in their right mind would pay full price for. It's fun for a few hours if you can get it for 5-10 $€.

But it's by no means a classic, I'm amazed anyone even remembers it.

To anyone desperate for a PC port of this game, I would strongly recommend that you play F.E.A.R.

It has similarly godlike feedback on its guns and the whole game is very responsive to them (lots of physics shit flying around, ragdoll enemies). And it's also fun to only use the bullet time right after you shoot so you can watch the havoc.

RDR is massively overrated, I bought a PS3 to play DeS and it but I dropped the game halfway through because the combat is so hilariously awful and it doesn't really have a lot else going for it other than characters.

Sorry to've called it shit then. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't good. The 360 hardware was pushed well maybe. Explaining why I didn't like it post playing would be like creating problems.

I definately think the team if kept making games would get better.

They liked their own work too much. Like the game was just to showcase ability.

I don't like Sega making killing games, it isn't right somehow, like they are accepting alternate ideals confused but obedient.

Everything made taller would make the visuals interesting.

Should make more of a Shenmue style game. Same wrong feel from Binary Domain.
Sega has a unique thing in not being weighed down by developments, futuristic Shenmue styled game where solutions aren't opposed or mulled over French style. Bodyparts are white mech, nothing special. Exciting things are for a split second then have to be exceeded. Perpetually exceeding is standard.

World made alive in movement, lights, people, food. Every alley into something entirely different. Spend ages making every place have a charm, some NPCs world comin from them. No mind to unworkable things, so no govt police etc. You go along, as people need things you do and are paid a very small amount but that working to have odd jobs everywhere, demonstrate your ability doing the tasks well and get paid more or offered other jobs. Get a place paid by the hour, a simulated apartment in VR while laying down in a cylander. Or a loving little one for a higher price. Use real time for day and night cycles. Pay parts challenging, fun parts just fun. Races, night life, travel. Man up if anyone comes to you with problems, just venrebility from greed, owing money to others that need it and so on. Get the money somehow, enter into a race betting everything, people you worked for chipping in like an investment and for social gathering. Or boxing for people who like fighting games. Win or lose a way to keep going, people cheer on as you keep fighting different opponents risking the prize. Bets placed on you all the way to the top made at the start taken more seriously. Win through effort, very large health bar, but requiring consistant performance, heath depleted shrinks health bar unexpectedly, continuing fight, that health bar gone world gets fuzzier, so trying hard should win with plenty of backup encouraging you not to give up. Knocked out and shouts wake you back up, stronger attacks, blackouts only last a second with hits. Win count hits 0. Pass out.

Can't be topped, farewells, take a boat to another city. Walk around on boat talk to NPCs, lie about injuries or faux threaten them. Enjoy the fading glory mingled with the shared nervousness of going to another place, talk to some people for whom the next place is home or the next stop off is. If they offer an idea hop off at the next place with them, toured around. Different way of life. Quirks. Work on a farm for NPC met on boat. Farm needs other things in next place, accompany NPC there them more nervous than you. Missing out on a lot of exploration maybe coming back. Arrive at place and similar to the one at the start, find an apartment, get work, show NPC around overcoming fears. Make sure NPC gets a good deal etc. Tasks can get more horrific the further into the game, resolutions where everything ends nicely for the people you do them for remain dependent on amount of effort.

I guess that makes Doom a shit game then

This is the cancer COD faggotry breeds. Kill yourself.

Fuck off to your electronica cuckshed.

710fe3 CONFIRMED FOR SONICFAG
Explains the autism perfectly.

Take your meds, randy

FEAR is still one of the most satisfying shooters for me as well because the sound of your bullets punching into an enemy is glorious on top of being able to chain together shooting with punching and kicking. Necrovision does a similar thing with comboing melee with gunplay, but the shooting isn't nearly as satisfying. Crysis 2, while being pretty mediocre, had the same sort of bullet impact noise that FEAR had that gets me so erect

Reported. Fags like this one must be purged from here.

While he's wrong about why, he's pretty correct in that.
Deus Ex on modern systems is some hot garbage to play.

speaking of console shooters, Darkwatch and Timesplitters were pretty dank too. battlefield 2 on ps2 was fun too with more arcade gameplay instead of being a straight port and the ability to switch the soldier controlled by you on the fly.

And geometry, models and lighting.

Honestly, a remaster based on the Xbox version could look pretty decent.

Please go play Unreal Tournament (1, 2k4, or 4) or Quake 1 or 3 and tell me why every FPS needs ironsights again

Funny, win 7 plays it fine.

My modern FPS nigga

I think the flaws in these games highlight the good parts, giving them that special something.

oh boy here we go again

PS2 one runs at 60fps too

or Doom no not that one

Somewhat yes, other things too as can be expected now.

Doom was ok, new Doom may be too. Could be better if it was more. Had more options. Linked with Bethedesa enough could be wrong to invalidate the rest. Engine should perform well though.

The recent Doom would play faster and enable higher difficulty if gunfire was as imprecise as guns are out of sights. If recoil and spread was extreme, if shots came out at least as fast as the framerate and enemies hid, occupied distances, had specific areas that were more effective to hit. Sights up and fast as needed.

Doom had auto-aim for height and strafing wasn't standard. Mouse look is an improvement. I'm sure everyone would rather play a game than have things done for them.

Indeed you are and like most, trying to get higher by pulling others down.

Rescuing divers doing that is taught as let them drown then rescue them. Which is wrong of course. They need a float, so inflate something (even own BCD) for them to grab, they'd rather you but tough. Unless you have balls, then grab them kick to get them higher and let them use your buddy, stick the spare regulator's mouthpiece in their mouth and put your mask on their head so they can still breath through their nose. Drag them to something to get them out of the water or continue to kick up to give them a feeling of being on something solid, talk.

Cowardice if ever existant has more than is entitled to.

I don't do drugs including painkillers. Not prescribed any mind degrading shit from shrinks. Wouldn't take them if I was. Would take credit for me, whatever I was would be attributed to the drug.

Don't expect to be seen as anything decent on the side where individuality, personality, character etc are defects. Someone drugging the kids of your countrymen is treason, things don't change from wrong to right by most being ok with it. Voting is for cowards and they always vote against the only people that matter. The ones that don't need or want shelter.

Please tell me you talk as pretentious as you post.

I want all casuals gassed.

Never. They cancelled 2 and went on to make a spiritual successor to it, Bodycount, rather than continue that IP.

Franchise ded bruh.

Haven't played Necrovision. Fear didn't have ironsights, seemed stupid. Crysis had toggle instead of hold ironsights. Fixable with another program. Speed boost was too limited to be employed in constant attack, don't think powers had their own assignable button either. Game was a corridor shooter, Far Cry 2 was better. The suit inbcrysisbloked fucking stupid, get better taste, don't pretend to like things or the demand for such things will beget more the same. Something shouldn't just be ok, should be trying to be the best thing possible in it's direction. Not linked to other worlds either.

Ah, Fear pandered to victims, offering glorification of psychology.

Should be spitting on such offerings.

A lot of games have that as the price of playing, some endorsement. The baptism at the start of Bioshock Infinate was where it ended for me.

Get the fuck out of here

i played it briefly and dismissed it as a generic FPS. is it really worth revisiting? does it still hold up?

Yeah my dream shooter would really be a mashup of those three games. You would have powers like the nanosuit from crysis, while being able to melee while in motion/combo with shooting, with the satisfying feedback of FEAR's weapons and bullet time all the while fighting dragons, vampires, and other crazy mobs like Necrovision

9/10

doom is overrated garbage and the community is the bad kind of autistic like undertale

remember the shitty viral video Codemasters paid freddiew to make for it

because i sure don't