Amplitude Studios of Endless Space and Legend just partnered with Sega

games2gether.com/endless-space-2/blog/452-amplitude-joins-the-sega-family

It all sounds good on paper but I'm afraid one of my favorite devs have just signed their own downfall. What other game devs have Sega "partnered" recently so I have some idea of the mess they are in?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Amplitude
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ARE YOU READY FOR DLC?
SEGA is decent

The Total War devs
You are rightfully afraid, amplitude is gonna go to shit soon enough. Don't buy their games day 1.

Shit

Please tell me this isn't realPlease.

Wasn't denuvo cracked?

Well, they lasted longer than expected.
Sucks that the next Endless will be a DLC fest, only ripe for setting the sail once it'll all be released.

You can't "crack" Denuvo. You can just create an individual loophole around each game that takes months to release. I don't even know if TW:Warhammer was even "cracked" yet.

I just spent the entire steam sale shilling for Amplitude and how they are one of the best AA studios out there with some integrity still left in themNow I feel like shit

Reminder that everything you love will burn and wither away

Hopefully, they won't go the way of Relic and Creative Assembly and will manage to retain some of their integrity.

I really liked Dungeon of the Endless, (Rescue Team DLC aside) and would like to see more fun side-projects pop up.

It's dead OP. I'm sorry.

I FUCKING KNEW IT

Considering how PSO2 is going downhill and how shallow and bland even though fun at first TW WH40K with lolDLC is, no, do not want.

Endless Legend already has some questionable DLC practices, but at least most of it is worth buying since it adds new units and factions. However, it could be a foreboding sign of things to come. I seriously hope that isn't the case.

Everyone I know goes away in the end

What? It's getting a fucking FFXIV collaboration patch tomorrow. From there it looks doing pretty damn good.

So how does SEGA rank on the list of shitty publishers? They aren't Bethesda or EA but their track record with DLC and Sonic is trash

As far as japan goes sega is pretty good.
As far as west goes… well who gives a shit about west, all you white pigs care about is sonic anyway.

They seem to be slowly getting that people like their more niche stuff like Valkyria Chronicles and Miku.

I hear TW:W is kinda fun but their DLC and Denuvo bullshit fucked everything up.

This is a real shame. Endless threads were so comfy even if they were kinda slow. It was one of the few games Holla Forums is overall positive about.

Oh I still remember about, what it was, Yakuza 5?
And then you want something to be made for you other than sonic?
You watch and see new miku game getting the same treatment and sega stopping giving a fuck about western retards altogether.

and you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt

Project Diva seems to be selling well enough for them to bring over the sequels

Good for you I guess.
I only care for PSO2 and that binary domain shooter.
It's just seeing how "fans" ask for shit and then treat devs like dirt and then bitch about games not getting localized I start to wander if you fucks deserved your current SJW+DLC situation.

(checked)
I suppose it is a long shot, but did anyone archive those threads at all? There was so little shitposting in those and so much quality discussion I could use some cheering up.

Total War has had pre-order factions and gore DLC since Shogun 2.

Not trying t o defend it, just saying that this really shouldn't surprise anyone by now.

are thhey going to help the port VC2&3 and make VC4 with better maps and AI?

Can't really give a short answer, but almost everything is getting worse. At first there were great things, like graphic patch, more character sliders and new type of clothes but since then it was only getting worse. I heard somwhere that current (ep4) director is the same ape who was in charge of ep2 balance aka no balance aka incompetent monkey that now threatens to ban for DPS meter, which was one of the few things that added fun to easy boss battles. Overall, cash shop stuff that f2p players can get off other players is getting much worse, story is worse and less of it now, latest content is literally-impossible-to-lose easy they buffed one of the old bosses though, they added mobile-tier shit "gathering" and some gay-f2p-tier shop that absolutely everyone hates, completely fucked up loot tables with new class, completely fucked up damage control when super-expensive-item could be bought with spare change, added some moronic money sink that no one uses what did that monkey expect?, and with all that the whole ep4 is smells of one thing - incompetence. And SEGA doesn't do shit about it.

They are not as bad, Bethesda and EA are pure 100% shit, SEGA might do something good, might.

get ready for pre order factions and blood DLC

Dragon Age Cisquisition only took like 2 weeks to crack

Total War with endless DLCs and shit

I think that was running an older version of denuvo. The newer version running on Just cause 3 and the doom remake and a lot other brand new games is a lot harder to crack, because it uses a completely different encryption algorithm or some shit.

You really blow it out of proportion.
1 - PSO2 always was and always will be in the sate of constant change of what you call "balance". There never was one, and there never be one. And game was getting easier since day one. They buff one thing, and the nerf 10 others, nothing new here.
And there are always people mad about drop rates, or class tiers or some other shit. ALWAYS.
2- I like the story, it's no less or more stupid anime melodrama first 3 episodes were. It starts just as slow and then escalates into your super sentai anime.

About story updates becoming less frequent I can't really argue, because I don't keep up with then, and just sit through a bunch them, like an episode or two of animoo.

Nah, I enjoyed ep3 and every scratch had something to look forward to, now it's so bad I don't care. Anyway, just ask other people what they think about current state of PSO2 compared to what it was.
sage4offtopic

Has TW:Warhammer been cracked yet?

Well maybe I just have shit taste.
I mean why else would I play anime f2p game in the first place?

Not sure how much of that is the director's fault and how much of that is SEGA's fault for pressing for more money.

Now I don't know how sincere he was but in a recent stream he apologized for shit like the stuff from star gem scratch being untradable and said he had to do it because money from the AC scratches just wasn't flowing in.

They fucking need to ramp up the difficulty.
Not nerf classes, but make enemies dangerous again.
Because when you feel like badass, you need to dress up like badass. When you can just kill shit by looking at it, it doesn't matter how you look.
Alternatively just ramp up sexy stuff. Sexy stuff always sells.

It makes it even worse because it turned into pattern instead of being single instance.

Also Gore DLC was released before promised patch to allow to play Bretonnia, and the 50% of Warhammer world and factions are still not existent with no word about them.

Why
Is Focus really all that terrible that you'd run to Sega?

Gore DLC is standard practice though, they explained they can't include it in order to be able to sell in all countries

still jewish of them that it isn't free

Or offer it when you buy any other DLC, or something.

I know, ain't defending their jewish ways, just saying it's their practice.

Thats a bullshit reason, its like valve saying they cant do 90% off sales because of the EU laws forcing them to have a refund feature

The practice is okay, as otherwise they are banned from certain countries (germoney, australia etc.), so adding a separate thing for users to download is okay, to bypass local laws and bring gore to everyone.

The fact they charge money for that shit is a totally different story though

I already heard this as a defence of DLC out of some faggot on yt.
What is this logic? If they would really do it because they want to lower the rating, why isn't it free? If they wanted it to be in base game, why charge for it?

And more importantly why work on this when they promised features after release? Where is finished Bretonnia?

I seriously don't see why people were defending this bullshit.

Same bullshit.

Folks are arguing heavily against the partnership.
Amplitude is completely ignoring the questions asked.

What do you mean parternship?
Sega has a 100% stake on Amplitude, they own their ass

gg amplitude fun while it lasted

That is what they are calling it, at any rate.
Now's a good time to register to their forums and complain faggots

Welp. Bought all them Legend DLCs to support a good indie studio, but since they prefer having the big corporate cock up their ass I guess I can wait for the inevitable DEFINITIVE GOTY EDITION with the over six billion dollars worth of DLC on it.

Well, atlus went to shit after being bought by sega, was one of my favourite companies.

Not hopeful, but all we can do is wait and see

Maybe if enough of a shitstorm is raised Sega will rethink their DLC strategy, but I find it highly unlikely.
Complaining about it wont do much, the board members sold their stake to Sega and now they own the company.
Business is business

What reason would they have to join forces with anyone? They don't need Sega at all, and their games will continue to sell cus they have 3 nice entries in their Endless series already and the next one was probably going to end up as another good entry that will get themselves even more sales and money to work with.

I mean look at what Squaresoft was back in their heyday, they didn't need to partner with anyone to be a big force in the industry. And once they did by consolidating with Enix to form one company, that's when you could argue the point they began going majorly downhill with the games they were putting out. The PS1 era though they were stronger than arguably any dev has ever been, they made a high number of games in a short span of 4-5 years and a lot of them were at least above average and made Square all kinds of money.

The Enix merger was mostly due to Spirits Within blowing a substantial hole in their finances, I think.

As to why they sold out to Sega, maybe they were offered a huge amount of money and their noses got the better of them.

Why the hell would Amplitude do this? They were financially well. And merging with a big AAA corporation is always bad new….

WHY?

you can never have enough shekels goy

They explain it in the blog post. They don't feel they can remain competitive as indies. Fucking bullshit if you ask me.

besides the Civ games, who else is even pumping out 4X games that would compete with them

No it doesn't

You left those cursors in the screencaps on purpose didn't you?

Wasn't most of Relics' DLC made when it was still part of THQ?

My favorite dev and they're partnering with Sega? Fuck!

Yeah agreed, clearly they're just selling out. I guess I can't really blame them wanting to make more money (or at least more consistent money) from their work. But still, fuck it all.

No, it took one month. I know because I waited.

I wonder if losing the ability to be optimistic is a natural thing.

Amplitude already had tons of DLC in their games you retards.

At least I won't be forking out for Endless Space day 1 now.

Honestly Amplitude were big up and comers too in a few generations they could have easily have been the genre's staple series. fuck my existence, everything I care about shits itself sooner or later.

Yeah, I just seem to forget how Endless Legend had blood DLC and unit DLCs, my mistake

have support everything these devs made have all their games and put good amount of time into each one of them
sega is gonna fuck them over
they were clearly doing fine by themselves did sega offer them a huge lump of cash or something fuck

time for sad

ya idk endless legend sold a shit ton more then i expected thanks to civ beyond shit fucking up

Creative Assembly and Relic. Prepare for DLC.

Why it keep raining inside please fam stop.

I just finished buying everything I didn't have from them with my leftover holiday cash, and got numerous friends to buy Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.

WAIT, GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS RIGHT?
4X WARHAMMER 40K

I hope they at least use the fucking corporate infrastructure for something good and expand the setting into rpgs and stuff. I don't actually even mind the DLC that much, but what really murders franchises is publisher stepping in and suddenly the games being "more accessible and inclusive" (read: watered-down shit that doesn't really appeal to anyone specifically)

I guess the studio founders realized their passion lied in being a PR puppet afterall.

user that is so unbelievably sad why did you do this to us

More like Dungeon of the Endless: Space Hulk.

Listen fags, I decided to be proactive and actually contact these people and tell them to try to not make their games shit. I donb't know about you, but I'm sort of tired of being the silent snide and jaded and saaad minority sitting on a mongolian cave painting website.

Their website is currently down, so I can't find their email, but here is their twitter

twitter.com/Amplitude

Now go write that you want them to retain the formula they had in the previous games and not make it "more appealing to new fans and old"

But user, didn't you know devs never listen? :^)

I already have. I am trying to get support in Games2Gether. If Amplitude stops being communicative now it is already too late.

I know I'll probably get called shill or drone or defense force or whatever, but I can't bring myself to hate Sega, mainly because they were one of the only publishers of the last gen, especially among Japanese companies, to continually try to put out new IP. Sure, they've tripped over their own feet a bunch, but they also brought me the better half of my 360 library, along with Valkyria when it finally came out for PC.

People are concerned due to stuff like Sonic Boom, cartoon not withstanding, Chaos being a pre-order bonus faction in a Warhammer game, with a fair part of the Warhammer world not being available in said game (from what I've heard), and Dawn of War 3, a fucking 40k game, apparently not having Chaos at all. It has fewer playable factions than vanilla Dawn of War 1. And there are probably other shitheaps that raise concerns.

So people are worried.

I'm not trying to discount people's concerns, I'm just surprised at people seeing Sega as a big evil publisher. I'm also not into Total War or Warhammer, so I don't really have those contexts.
I just personally mentally associate them with Binary Domain, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Alpha Protocol, etc., which were all pretty much devoid of DLC, so the DLC pushing reports on the games mentioned ITT caught me off guard. I hate to say it, but have you considered the possibility that it was the choice of the devs of those titles to go DLC heavy and not a push from Sega?

CHROMEHOUNDS 2 IS HAPPENING

Wat

I think hes referencing the image

Sega isnt that bad, just out of touch and greedy most of the times just like most publishers and abuses DLC like theres no tomorrow, DoW3 is also looking pretty awful.
I still think they are ok, but Amplitude is going to suffer with this and they will change like CA, Relic and Atlus did,dont doubt it for a second.

At least theyll go out with a bang, mid projects like these before the publisher starts shoving in executives but still gives the devs a budget is usually the highpoint of these deals it will all be downhill after Endless Space 2 though, unless Sega miracly does a 180 on some if its policies