Etrian Odyssey Thread

Etrian Odyssey 5 comes out in 1 month in Japan. That means I'll have to wait a whole month before I can get my hands on Yuzo Koshiro's glorious music and relax to comfy dungeon tunes. Hopefully it will get a FM arrangement too. The art book might be a plus too.

What are you looking forward to in this game?
Here's all there is to know about EOV/SQV so far.
personacentral.com/tag/etrian-odyssey-v/

Other urls found in this thread:

edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only good thing about these games is the music tbh.

every fucking time

Confirmation of DLC has me worried but at least you can easily pirate that now. 2nd Stratum theme is so good.

I really enjoy the games myself. Love the map making, team creation/synergy, music, and even enjoy the small plot they have. Despite the cheerful town atmosphere and character designs, the music and atmosphere of the stratums can give a real dangerous and tense feel to them.

Many random encounters put up some resistance when you first enter a new area and by the end you're chain killing FOEs so you can get to shortcuts with ease on another trip. Exploring ocean in 3 was a cool minigame/puzzle too. I like the small commentary they give when exploring small islands.

I can definitely say I love the series. And I have yet to beat a single game. I always get bored of my team deep into the game and make a new one.

Through dick-unity as they say.

The DLC puts me off too. We could blame Untold series, but this is just modern ATLUS in general. They've done it to SMT and Persona as well. Now EO/SQ is getting the dick. I'm just hoping the casual experience of the Untold games don't mosey their way into this game. And damn that theme is comfy as hell. But I do miss the PC-88 soundboard soundtracks.

Pretty much what it boils down to is this.
If the DLC is just costumes or other stupid non gameplay effecting shit like "oh you get 5 medica 3s! only 5.99$" I'm fine and I'll buy the game but not the DLC
if it's NEW CLASS IS DLC LOCKED HALF THE MAPS ARE HALF FULL BUY DLC ASSHOLE then I'm pirating it to shit and back.

Really fuck EOU2 awful game with horrible DLC. EOU1 was okay, no DLC, fixed some of the balance problems with the first game, story mode locked content and the grimoire system were horrible though.

Here's a color editor: edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

Still no word about the NA release date?

Here is an image I made showing which floors they have cut.

Nope and I think we won't get a release date for a while.

I feels great when you can kill an F.O.E. for the first time.
I am playing the fourth one and I am liking it so far.

The white kangaroo one?

Yes, that cunt and her little spawn

Nice, EO IV was my first EO game as well and I forgot which F.O.E. I killed first (I think it was the gray bear).

In the next world map region there are giant mantises you can can easily turn rare and farm for tons of levels.

The only Etrian game I have is Untold: The Millenium Girl. Haven't started it yet. Should I get on that?

Millenium girl is okay.
Stay the fuck away from EOU2 though. That game is hands down what people are worried about killing the franchise, awful DLC, game is balanced around OP story mode characters, etc

That's a slut if ever I saw one. How many of her patrons do you think she fucks each night?

None

Skip it and play EO3 and EO4. Play Millennium Girl after if you don't move on to harder dungeon crawlers.

You know it's probably taking longer to localize due to english voices.