Diablo 3's team is dwindling

techtimes.com/articles/168351/20160704/confirmed-diablo-3-game-director-josh-mosqueira-leaving-blizzard.htm

us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20745725267

Apparently Blizzard is looking for people for a new Diablow project, since the D3 team is getting smaller (we all know Blizzard will never admit a fuck up).

Are you guys ready for the new Diablo project they might announce at this year's Blizzcon?! I bet's its going to be full of Social Justice shit a la SocialJusticeWatch and Legion (with microtransactions, so Bobby Kotick and Chris Metzen can milk more money off of fanboys). I can't fucking wait to deal with a tranny who will get in my face about its gender, making implied Gamer Gate jokes no fucking person wants while giving me a guilt trip about privileges and shit (or Borderlands: Prequel quality garbage).

Thank you for ruining Diablo, Bizzard.

*In Vanilla RoS, bosses dropped crafting pieces no one bothered with, so they were scratched…until Wyatt thought it was cute to bring them back with the half-assed Kanai Cube they made.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/YFZyS
archive.is/P5vla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But that's the expansion
How can it be vanilla

I meant the original RoS when it came out. I should have worded that better.

My brother got this when it first came out for the both of us, we were so blinded by nostalgia from Diablo and Diablo 2. Played for a few hours then never touched it again. I'm still in awe of how badly blizz fucked up such a great formula. I'm fucking playing D2 right now, the D3 devs can go eat shit

I'm still scratching my head on why did they keep/rehire Jay Wilson for other projects when he nearly killed D3? Yea, it sold well, but that was because of D2.

Blizz north got shitcanned. WoW cancer got in the corruption can be noticed in late patches and by now long gone beta testing 'reports'. Wilson and new blizzard iirc thought Diablo was something that needed to be WoW-ified to be a 'hip and fresh' product.

Fuck that loser

How bad is Blizzard. I remember anons saying that Blizzard has always been shit and Blizzard North did the good work and then they got shitcanned, and Blizzard just copied off of WH40K for their work. Do Blizzard games need Battlenet to run a la Steam to where if your buy a physical it acts like a CD key then a DVD where you put in your tray and run some set-ups and installs.

Yup!

Enjoy downloading a proprietary launcher/social platform to play all of 3 or 4 games on

Something I forgot to ask is that will the entire game be downloaded on my PC defeating the whole point of buying a physical.

Yup!

You get a key for a digital download.

Yes.

Every time I look at these screenshots a painful anger within me makes me want to take a fat shit in the D3 dev's mouths

This genuinely looks better than the actual D3.

It's a thousand times better than that muted generic WoW-shit

its a shame that diablo will forever be the go-to for retards over something far better like gauntlet dark legacy. Gameplay is a bit too much for number circlejerking clickers however.

I never payed attention to Blizzard since 2006 what was the shitstorm with Diablo 3 and just about every Blizzard game since WoW.

Diablo is undeniably a skinner's box kind of game, I don't think anyone here is denying that. It just also has great rpg elements and a killer atmosphere

I only really played Diablo and a little bit of Brood War. Doesn't seem like anything they're putting out recently is good

They're still supporting this pile of shit?
What the fuck?
Are people STILL playing?

Supporting a failed game despite everything isn't a bad thing, you know.

My neighbors still play. Always try to talk it up and convince me.

I still have D2, why in the fuck would I ever play D3?

They probably want to pump out one more expansion and then call it quits.
It's a damn shame they're so incompetent because the combat engine in D3 is amazing, they just can't design good progression and itemization. It could MAYBE be salvaged if they gave it to modders but I don't know anymore.

It wasn't the case while they supported LAN. But they cut off all LAN support since WC3.
Now everything runs through ther battlenet client, which is a DRM.

As much as I loved D2 and playing it, I'm glad I stopped since the game is a fucking grindfest that loses its appeal after self-realization.

Now where are those fucking cunts that kept saying RoS fixed everything ?
We were full of those for a while around it's release.

It's true that in the end it was a grindfest, but it was among the better ones out there.

Yeah, RoS didn't fix shit. They added level scaling for fuck's sake. At this point they might as well just start all characters at max level and only have these retarded rift runs, nobody plays the story anyway. There is no game there anymore.

I kept hearing that too. If anyone remembers what 4chan Holla Forums was like when Diablo III just came out (which the entire board was Diablo III threads except for a few threads), I'm thinking they were marketers.

Other than that I don't imagine myself buying a Blizzard game again.

Grim Dawn is the one and only time I've ever seen Early Access done properly. That game came a fucking lightyear from it's original launch into EA and they're still updating it even now that it's been fully released. Hell, it just got a free mini-expansion like a month ago.

Verdun is one of those games and while its hindered by Unity it still functions decently 95% of the time.

Never played it myself but looking at the youtube vid, seems like gauntlet game, which is fine. Diablo 3 on console is reminiscent of gauntlet. Looks kinda fun and aight, but what makes it diablo like though? Something like Darkstone seems a lot closer to Diablo clone. Like a french missing link or cousin between Diablo 1 and 2, even male and female version of characters before Diablo3.

More than a few were people who bought the game and expansion, and still held out hope of it not sucking. I've played it at a friend's place, but I spent my money on TL2 on the PC. No regrets, TL2 was not toe curling orgasmic, but it was alright and at least knew it was just vidya, not some fucking stillbirth e-sport wannabe and auction house clusterfuck.

road redemption is another early access success story if you ask me, if you're into the road rash thing

it helps that its a game that has actual level design, its an isometric action game like diablo.

I noticed my mistake the second I hit post. English is a very inconsistent language. I before E except after C? That's weird.

I remembered Gauntlet Legends, but I didn't really keep up much after that. It's realtime ARPG, it's isometric, but the level was designed and not randomly generated? Diablo clones usually have the randomized areas and dungeon. That aside, does it have more emphasis on the arcade style action?

Basically this. Torchlight 2 came out around the same time as Diablo 3, and ultimately feels more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 ever did. Why? Because Runic Games was formed by old members of Blizzard North.

not as fast as their playerbase

Did they add new stuff?

I haven't been playing since they added Shovel Knight, I think.

From our perspective Diablo 3 failed, but I doubt Blizzard sees it that way. As of MANY years ago the original title sold over 12 million copies (and a lot of those copies are full, PLATINUM GRADE $60+ because Blizzard owns a lot of their distribution via their online platform). The expansion sold decently too. Sure they spent a lot o time producing it, but that's still a fuckton of money. Is it "we're printing money forever and don't even have to work for it" ala Hearthstone or WoW's prime? Nah, but it's not a financial failure by any stretch of the imagination. Any other company would kill to have a failure like Diablo 3.

The financial success of Diablo 3 is really what morphed me into a bitter husk of resentment and cynicism. If people really want this tepid turd of mediocrity, who am I to deny them

Blizzard copies everyone, they haven't made an original game in so fucking long they forgot how to.

It's even worse then steam, it only downloads parts of the game forcing you to always be online, want to play D3's single player champaign well you better have a good connection otherwise enjoy lag and disconnections in a fucking single player game.

The worst part is blizzard is full of egotistical cunts who can't admit when they fucked up, their like Chris-chan always blaming someone else so they will never improve.

what about Umbra, the french one?

mainstream casual cunts who dont know anything but heard muhhh diablo bestest game so they bought it, afterall it was designed with casuals in mind

I can't bring myself to play Torchlight. The graphics are too cartoony. Like WoW with gay factor turned to 11, even D3 doesn't look so shit.

I don't think anyone says D3 was a commercial failure, it wasn't. It's still a shit game. I hope this direction will bite them in the ass one day when the original fanbase is long gone and the masses move to the next cool thing and they suddenly can't sell millions of copies just by slapping Diablo or Warcraft logo on something.

There is no Diablo3; it got cancelled.Diablo2:LOD is all there is in the series. *sad laugh*

Torchlight 2
Grim Dawn
Titan Quest
~ suitable replacements?

Sacred (the first one) is a seriously legit game if you have a good CRT monitor hanging around.

It's a shame that you can't play TL2 just because of the aesthethics man.
TL2 is clearly the best Diablo after D2.
So, removing Diablo 1 and 2 we'd get Torchlight 2 > PoE > Grim Dawn > Titan Quest, the rest are shit.

> Daily reminder that Grim Dawn defecates and will always all over D3

fuck diablo. the series died with d3, got revived for a little while and now its back in the grave.
ive started playing path of exile instead and while that game has its problems its infinitly better than diablo 3. making retarded build ideas work with high level characteres is the shit.

Does Torchlight 3 allow for fun necromancing?

Diablo 1 and 2 were dark and mysterious games.

Why the fuck did they turn Diablo 3 into a colourful Saturday morning cartoon?! The art for Diablo 3 reminds me of World of Warcraft.

I had nostalgia for Diablo but D3 is nothing like the old games.

That actually looks terrible but so does what they went with.

Blizzard has been shit since after WC3. with starcraft they did copy WH40K for story/races: zerg are tyranids, protoss are eldar, terrans are space marines/imperial guards. but there was a bit of its own flavor which made it more than just a WH40K clone, there was the whole rednecks in space angle. gameplay wise its unique, i think its probably the perfect micromanagement focused RTS.
older games didn't, they only required that for online play. and workarounds are possible for that anyway.

i don't even think they have the people who made Diablo and Diablo 2's assets anymore. probably all Warcraft 3/WoW people who make that cartoony look.

it was because the game was given away for free with yearly subscriptions of WoW. without that offer the sales would've been below half I guarantee.

Too bad.

I want dungeons with torture chambers, ancient jungle temples and desert tombs. I want a cool soundtrack. Diablo 1 and 2 really were gems of the 90s.

meant 2

Put amulets in every armor and weapon slot and the difficulty vanishes from the game.

Not completely though, you can still actually die in the expansion areas.

Yea, no.

RoS made the game markedly better but now it faces the problem of power creep, like ALL Blizzard games do.

I can't think of a single Diablo 1-2 era game that was actually difficult, so that's hardly a criticism.

To be fair theres no lag in single player, and if you DC while playing it doesn't matter, but you do have to be online to click "play" and log in

it wasn't always like that.

Server-side lag is a lot better than it used to be (unless Blizz has a new launch around the corner, in which case EVERYTHING on Bnet gets bottlenecked because of their fancy new release). But it still requires a solid and consistent internet connection, which means that I haven't been able to play anything Blizz-related–even single-player stuff–ever since I got shipped to a place with a really spotty hybrid-connection network. If you travel a lot, are on a military deployment, or otherwise have to spend lots of time living in places where you don't have the option of using reliable, fast internet service, then your access to Blizzard games is literally a moment-to-moment affair.

There was a rumor that the next expansion will take place in skovos isles and the new class would be the druid.

Torchlight 2 is shit. The combat system is entirely built around selecting 1 offensive skill and maybe a defensive skill and then everything else goes into passives. There's no fun in that, at all.

It also looks and feels like shit.

You never got to see the worst parts, be glad.

The most shitty thing about it is retardedly small distance from the player at which the game materializes critters. Is there a possibility to make them spawn off-screen and not in your plain sight?

Depends. Try beating D2 solo in hardcore without grinding easier difficulties for items.

Most of Warcraft/vanila wow people have left the building some names are still there but blizzard is shadow of it former days.

I haven't played it in a while but iirc there was a draw distance mod that allowed what you're talking about. It also makes ranged attacks more trickier than the vanilla game, some people are fine with that though.

With the vanilla game no, summon skills are not great, not counting pet as a summon. If you want to be a Diablo2 style zookeeper or have summon skills not sucking, it's mods or tweaking via GUTS, their official editor. I haven't played around with GUTS myself though, but one mods I remember seeing did have a necro zoo keeper type, so on paper it's possible. Just not in the vanilla game.

I can't find the link right now because my google fu is fucking up. But I remember bliz saying that if online req is a problem throwaway non committal weasel comment about thanking soldiers who plays our products yadda yadda but too bad, we ain't changing shit for anyone WE'RE BLIZZARD AND FUCK THAT LOSER! people can always play other games. Which is when I decided I will do just that, and never give newbliz games my money again, or the space on my hard drive. The bliz drones will always defend whatever bullshit bliz comes up with, so no need to waste time on them either.
Anyhow, here's some links that shows just how enamored newbliz is with themselves, and how surprised they are that diablo faggots don't all eagerly line up to lick bliz's taint and call it ice cream.

archive.is/YFZyS

archive.is/P5vla
You gonna get enriched.
That doublespeak isn't surprising, since this is the same studio that claimed D3's engine on PC akshually makes it fairly easy to modify and change things. Not that it matters since the official policy is there is no modding by filthy plebe players but hey, it's nice to know that it's apparently easy to modify solely from the dev pov. It's bliz sandbox, you're lucky to be allowed to pay money to play in it. It might not be all Jay Wilson's fault since the cancer is from the top down. But still, fuck that loser.

You just described Diablo, congratulations.
And even then, that's not true. You get enough points to max out 8 skills if I remember right and one at 11/15, passive included. There are 9 passives and by no means all of them are useful for the build that you want, this only happens with Embermage with one skill where he gets synergy with all passives except two.
However, I use around 5 active skill per character of the skill tree (now you need to count the scroll ones).
tl;dr: You're full of shit, I use more skills in TL2 than in Diablo 2.

Mods, tons of them. Zoomy is a good one for this case, steamworkshop makes installing mods even easier, even a retard can get mods this way.
ITs one of the main beauties of TL2, classes, "expansions", bosses, challenges etc thanks to mods.

As a summoning Necromancer I use 14 active skills and 3 passives.
As a Barbarian I use 11 active skills and 5 passives.
Etc, etc.

When I played Torchlight 2, I used *1* offensive skill. I spent the entire fucking game using 1 offensive skill. I had a defensive skill one point wonder and the rest were in passives. Saying that "you can max out different skills" isn't the same as saying "you need to use different skills".

tl;dr: You're full of shit, I use more skills in Diablo 2 than in Torchlight 2.

Broforce is another EA done well. Constant development and in parts massive content added after release proper.

Diablo2 LoD 1.10 patch or higher, on hell mode, single player, no twinked gear, put in the /players8 command, solo, on hardcore. If someone can complete the game with that, just the main quest alone, not even the optional areas, my virtual hat tip to them.

This is trufax mang. In TL2 active skills are for the most part > passives, picking 1 active and thinking that's enough is maybe true only for the early part of the game. Maybe that user is thinking more of TL1 or something.
I think in general for TL2 vanilla I go 3 active offensive, 2 defensive, whatever passive that works with the character and build, active scroll spells is either Dervish or Haste, the rest are passives spells like Blocking and Concentration. Pet gets the active scroll spells like Frost, Raise Archer, Raise Skeleton, and Heal All.

That's not just playing the game on the highest difficulty, but playing it with commands to simulate multiplayer scaling. Comparing that to vanilla Sacred is ridiculous–which, by the way, also has higher difficulties with different scaling.

I've played 1.10 D2 characters on /players8 up to end of nightmare, and I'm not that good of a player, better than someone who has never played any Diablo type game, but average at most. However when a character reaches 1.10 Hell, the game hits hard(er) for players who don't twink. If /players8 makes you go snippy, then try it even on regular players 1, solo untwinked. That is not some unfair hard modo challenge, since D2 vanilla does have a SP component, and if you are playing by strictly SP rules characters can not trade items with each other. INB4 setting up a LAN or going to B.net to make a game session to swap gear.

Nah, I'm not contesting that Diablo 2 can be hard, only the original idea of comparing it to Sacred. Sacred is easy on the first difficulty, but all these Diablo clones and Diablo itself are easy on that difficulty. That's all I was saying.

You had to use the Barbarian and the Necromancer.
Good job, the Barbarian is all shouts (buffs) therefore as YOU said earlier, not an offensive skill.
For the Necromancer you have debuff and summon per kind of monster (skeleton, mage skeleton, one of the golems, resurrection…)
Those are not "offensive spells", those are fucking buffs and summons.

Diablo 2 has ALWAYS been about right click spam and synergies with the skill of right click, if you have more points, then the rest goes in buff/debuffs. It's what always Diablo likes has been and what they have tried to not do as much.

If you used ONE offensive skill in the VANILLA TL2 I do hope you're talking about Embermage since he has synergy with nearly all passives because this doesn't happen with the other three characters. Not even going to talk with the fuckload of modded classes which some of them are even combo based with around 10 Offensive skills that can't be even maxed out due to how needed they are, again, those are mods and not vanilla.

Mind you, I played Necromancer and Barbarian the most in D2, and it was all about right click and buff/summon.

The only character in TL2 that is only right click is Embermage with a specific build because he uses all the elements in one offensive skill, then each passive is for one element, then you put a fourth passive to power up the Embermage class pasive. The rest of the points are on a teleport/jump, a summon and a buff, the scrolls buffs.
There you go, 3-5 buffs, hold right click and jump when something is close, the easiest and most powerful build in TL2 Vanilla. However he dies in one hit in late game, quite funny to see a small fry one shot you.

Half of the gameplay in D2 is farming for items to be able to progress. What you're basically saying is "try 2 beat teh game nekkid lol". It'd be like saying "try to beat Dark Souls without killing any bosses or enemies and without doing any damage" or "win a game of civilization with point victory turned off but without achieving any of the victory conditions for the other types of victories" or "win a fighting game match by not fighting".

Most of your active skills as a Necro are your curses, congratulations on proving you know nothing about the class.

Most of your active skills ARE Warcries as a Barbarian, but the ones you use the most are Find Item, Grim Totem, Battle Cry and Taunt. Shout and Battle Commands are only used as a small boon because of their long duration, but Battle Orders is actually useful, which is why most Barbs elect to invest heavily in it. Grats on only ever playing a twinked out 85+ WW barb with duped items who got carried throughout the entire game.

Most of your active skills as a Sorceress are actually defensive/utility based. You'll generally want to max out one offensive skill and then invest heavily into your defensive and utilities to keep yourself alive. Post 1.10 this changes completely and you're forced to max out synergies to have a chance at beating Nightmare, but bashing 1.10 for how disgustingly bad it is isn't the point of this post.

Most of the time when you're playing through the meat of the game, which is the pre-Hell Baal, you find yourself using every relevant skill at your disposal to advance. Unless you're playing a Hammerdin. Which, coincidentally, is the most boring class in the game.

Wat? I never said anything about farming items are not allowed, how the fuck did you even read that. Playing the SP game without the ability to twink or trade between characters, ie install the game up to the latest patch, then start up an SP character and play in SP, is not even on the same fucking galaxy of your "lolol try to beat the game nekkid" strawman.

Actually I read that wrong and overlooked the "hell mode" part. If what you meant is "farm your ass in Nightmare and then proceed through Hell difficulty without farming" then there's nothing difficult about that compared what the game was pre-1.10. Since it's the same fucking thing in terms of gameplay, the only thing that changes is that most builds are made non-viable by applying a 1.10+ patch.

PS: "just the main quest alone" heavily implies not going back to farm bosses, since that'd be deviating from the main quest.

Prismatic Bolt embermage? I think last time I played that I left PB at 1 point, and some ice skills for crowd control. Hell I think I used mostly Frost Wave and Hailstorm for some crowd control, and PB for early to mid game and vs act bosses. I tend towards trying to do a sturdier build, especially for embermages. Then again I was never a yuuge glass cannon player.

Yes, that's the build. Its the glass cannon of TL2 Vanilla, he destroys everything offscreen with such speed that it's a joke, nearly game breaking.
However in late game, misstime a jump and die instantly.

I personally prefer summoner Outlander with not a single offensive skill, all summons, heals, buffs and debuffs with a shotgun. The fucker becomes a tank and even if he doesn't have as much dps, the CC and tankiness due to the buffs make him late game viable. However the summons work with momentum since they have a timer of life and requires of you to kill, if you stop killing you can't overwhelm the enemy with an army, making exploration with him a bit painful if you don't know what you're doing.

I'm currently working on a Hardcore Engineer and see if I can reach Lv100 and kill the 4 Challenge bosses of a mod, if I reach lv100 without dying I'm sure that one of those bosses will eat me alive.

I'll remember RoS as the game that brought Diablo 3 back to life after the shit it was before, and then proceed to kill it again in time.
I enjoyed my first month playing it, but that's about it.
Blizzard needs to scrap everything for the next expansion and go back to the game's origin, they fucked it up way too much at this point to recover it.
Not that I actually care much at this point.

You are nitpicking as fuck "Defensive skills" in Sorcerer means one armor in the game you keep up. Sorcerer is all Teleport + Skill + Static for bosses.
The curses in the necro are situational and most of the time you spam that blue one, decrepify or something.
Pala has literally auras that are basically passive skills on steroids.
Literally no one cares about Find Item or Grim Totem.
You are trying to put D2 in some pedestal where the gameplay was super complex and that's misleading, in most builds you used 2 skills 90% of the time, and on some necros/barbs/assassins MAYBE you used 3 90% of the time.

Stop reading all this bizzarre implication that I never wrote. I also wrote -optional areas- if that would help your reading, if I have to make that clearer by optional areas I mean things like actually finishing Nihlathak.
We obviously have a problem with communicating here, since the 1.10 patch in hell mode, for a non twink build especially for SP, was the main point I'm talking about. No one but you brought up the bizarre comparison of "you expect me to beat the game nekkid and no item farming lololol".

I wish summons for outlanders was beefier in the vanilla game, since I just can't sustain that type of chain combo timing needed for a summonlander. Anyway, yeah mang Outlander with shotgun mastery passive for the blind + VHail will pretty much demolish most act bosses.

Blizzard are far more likely to try to milk what they can out of Diablo III than invest time and money into making Diablo IV. I mean people are still holding out for Warcraft IV but that's honestly never going to happen as long as WoW is on life support since they can use that game to milk the Warcraft fanbase rather than investing time and money into developing a whole new game.

Of course even if they did make a new game it'd just use the same tired old WoW-ified artstyle.

Sacred played in gear loaded with amulets in every rune slot is easy up to third difficulty. I should know, because I usually skip the first one entirely and start my characters at the second one in order not to fall asleep playing.

I remember it to be laughably easy playing as a dark elf who fights while standing in damage-over-time traps, if you manage to have 2-3 of them being cast at once. You only have to remember not to aggro too large groups at once, that's all.

you have a good brother, stupid but good.
mine wanted to buy it day one, i told him to wait because of the online only shit, then all that drama happened. He lost faith.
We had some luck with toys r us selling all thier pc games dirty cheap, Diablo 3 at $10, but couldnt find any, so we went to best buy and price match the fuckers, we saved $100 shekels
Played it, killed Diablo and dropped it, I still feel we payed to much.
Odds are if they made another diablo its going to be shit and we wont play it.

Pretty much.
Most people left to do shit like Torchlight or other games.

I don't know how it worked out but I remember Warcraft was originally intended to be WH game.

So far they:
It is good RTS but nothing godlike.
Only good games they have is Magic the Gathering for noobs with Warcraft license and TF2 clone.

I'll just continue pretending D3 never released and playing Path of Exile and Grim Dawn. These have issues but are still good games with decent devs.

Directed by good (old) Blizzard. Blizzard North staff have put out almost universally shit games since they split.

For the last time: there was a company called Condor that was developing Diablo.
Blizzard bought them and renamed them Blizzard North so they could get all the credit.
Condor/BlizNorth were behind Diablo/Diablo2/LordOfDestruction.

When Blizzard relocated, Blizzard North refused to move with them because of their families so the company was closed.
They made a new company, that one that did the Torchlight games. Torchlight 1&2 could give you an idea of how the real Diablo 3 could have been.

I like Grim Dawn and I thought the setting for the game sounded pretty neat but I actually preferred the Greek setting in Titan Quest way more. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking.

I played Torchlight and it was good.
In terms of games Brevik did I played Hellgate London and Marvel Heroes and they also were good.

Eh, they have their strong points.

I'm a little sad there's no callbacks from TQ in GD, though. A hidden Typhon fight, even

IIRC, wasn't that also the time blizzard started to become even bigger, Vivendi Blizzard. There was some sort of internal war between the idea that once a studio is big enough it's own culture can mold the staff. While many of the old Condor team believed that it was the people that made the culture.
Bill Roper left to make Hellgate: London and Mythos. I don't remember the exact timeline but Mythos spawned off Runic Studios with Schaeffer bros. with others that did work on D2, and Travis Baldree of Fate. Last I remembered the Schaeffer bros. or maybe one of them went off again and did or is doing a spaceship action adventure game. And David Brevik did the Marvel Heroes game.

Grim Totem is one of the most useful skills on a Barbarian when you're not overpowering enemies. It acts as a fire-and-forget source of crowd control. Find Item is a fantastic source of extra items and income that other classes would kill to have.

What *you* have to realize is that the game doesn't start once you can kill Hell Baal and his 5 stooges in less than 5 minutes in a 8 player game. It starts at level one with your 4 potions and free weapon. And when you're starting out, all these "gimmicky" and "defensive" skills are life savers and serve you extremely well to get you out of situations you wouldn't find yourself in if you were able to overpower the opposition.

Guess I misunderstood you on the first part, my bad.

However, I never found post 1.10 Hell gameplay to be significantly harder than pre 1.10. If anything, the lack of MSLEBs insta gib makes the whole thing easier. And yes, I know you could protect yourself from MSLEBs, but untwinked characters generally couldn't and had to be carefully built up in order to withstand them.

Just to be perfectly clear, going through Hell hardcore in 1.09 and prior was a chore. You had to move slowly, react quickly, have a solid build and be backed up by good uniques and rares. If you knew how to play that way, the 1.10 patch didn't bring anything new except for more randomized enemies and deadlier Stygian Dolls (which hey! can be handled with Grim Totem).

PS: I only did one playthrough of Torchlight 2 but was so disgusted by the gameplay I saw that I swore not to touch the game again. Maybe things change significantly later on, but my first playthrough of the story was so bad that I adamantly refuse to touch that game again.

My favourite moment of D2 was when my stepbrother realized he didn't know how Act 2 worked because he had literally always been rushed through it and powerleveled by a bunch of fucking bots. Seeing him stumble through false tombs was fucking hilarious.

You mean I actually have to get the Flail? The horror!

It was worse than that, he didn't even know what he was supposed to do at all. Act 3 was a fucking trainwreck, it was comical.

Yup. This mindset is partially why Diablo 3 is what it is, the obsession with "end game content" and skipping 99% of the game. Most fun I've had in D2 was playing hardcore co-op slogging through the game the way it's supposed to be done.

Say if I buy a big box copy of one of their older games, the new big boxes (I think they're new), will I have to use Battlenet. Another question which has been answered but one guy isn't a lot to go on is that if I buy the DVD of say SC2 will it download the whole game onto my PC defeating the purpose of a DVD because some people don't got room to stack more physical copies on top each like Jenga.

You don't have to go on bnet for WC1/2/3, D1/2 or SC1. Going on bnet, however, installs the latest patch which may or may not be included in those boxed sets.

However, all the patches are available on Blizzard's site and are easy to install.

Act3 is worst girl of Diablo2 acts. I know how to finish Khalims quest to open the temple entrance since I've played ton of SP, but it was always a stupid grindy chore of a game design that did not age well at all.

For all of bliz's promise with endgame content, Diablo3 on PC still feels kinda empty. Bliz likely wanted Diablo 3 as a console title all along, I just wished they were more honest and upfront about it. Nowadays that seems to be asking for the moon.

Well see the problem is you have shit taste then.

To be fair when you "copy 40k" you're really just copying the guys GW plagiarised since 40k is made entirely of stolen material to begin with.

What the fuck am I reading? It was inspired clearly by Alien and starship troopers while mixing shit up with Wh fantasy (LoTR) but it was maybe the first to do retrofuturism in an epic sale.

Those fucks disappeared when they were reminded that Chen/Blizzard pissed on fun builds with power creeping and forced you to play by their rules if you want to like Diablow 3.

Grim Dawn is really good. It's also one of the few funded games that doesn't suck..for now (too bad mods will ruin the online experience because people will give themselves bullshit stats and gear from the mod kit).

Diablo didn't fail financially because former fans bought it (I was one of them). It's not our fault Jay Wilson, Wyatt Cheng, Chris Metzen (fuck it, I'm blaming him too), and Bobby Kotick ruined Diablo. Shit, I was excited for RoS because it seemed like they learned from Wilson's mistakes.

Then came the Seasons…and horrible armor set revisions (RIP Zunimassa)…the power creeping, and the mandated builds/playstyles you had to use if you wanted to like it. Apparently, 3 guys need to be supports while one person does all the killing in D3's current meta. No one thinks it's fun (even fanboys can't defend this).

I can't stand Torchlight because it's very generic af (It's a rip-off of Diablo story-wise, but somehow blander than D3 to me, and I love its artstyle/graphics).

Nah, it still would have done well financially because of nostalgia for D2: LoD.

Funny you guys brought up Sacred because I loved 2 on my X-Box (hear me out); I bought 2 Gold, thinking it was going to be fun on the PC, but holy fuck I was wrong.

It also ruined a lot of builds and playstyles while ruining the class balance (Most seasons are Barb, DH, and bastard class of the season* or fuck off)

*Except Crusader and Wizard because they always gets pissed on even when Blizzard makes them good for one season.

The rumored class was Necro iirc. A new class won't make play an expansion that will probably be ruined with so much Social Justice bullshit it'll make SocialJuisticeWatch, Legion, the new Baldur's Gate, and Borderlands tolerable (you know they're going to add a tranny or make Lyndon/Kormac gay, and they'll get in your face about social justice and other bullshit).

The problem with SC2 is that it's really meh as an esport (9 out of 10 matches are Protoss v. Zerg, or a mirror match of one of these races). I heard the story is pretty bad.

My PC couldn't handle Hellgate London when I tried to play the teaser. God or something saved me from playing that shitty game.

That's the point. Torchlight 2 is Diablo 2 with a different art style.
I do understand people not liking it, since Diablo is suppossed to have such great atmosphere (Diablo 1 was great with this and was absolute horror on its day, many bosses were spooky)

However, I consider TL2 artstyle good with a great atmosphere, although with a different point of view which is harder to look since it's not as grimdark. If you wanted a Diablo clone with a great atmosphere, Path of Exile is the winner here if we remove Diablo saga.

As I said before, TL2 wins gameplay wise for me not only for what it is, but for a "simple" thing: Mods, which makes replayability a dream. I'm currently replaying it with other two friends with different set of mods and it's totally a new experience again, this makes the game beat the other Diablo likes in my humble opinion.

It is a shame that there's no mods to "fix" the artstyle so it would be more of your liking.

My problem with the art was mostly from the gear. Every piece of equipment looked so bland. I don't need something super exotic, but give me a reason to give two shits about a unique gun I found (and reduce the amount of retarded stats too, which my beef with TL1).

Oh user, but you CAN mod sets and how they look.
Only sets will change more than usual how you look and be more "special". What's more, end game sets are really really nice.

The shotgun I use with my Outlander looks like a magic stick. I'll proceed to show some characters.

In order Lv37, 53, 74. These three are from Vanilla, I personally like a mod called "Far East" with samurai / ninja / shaolin monk looks and weapons, it's really nice. last two pictures are an example of that one mod.

Stats in TL2 are quite reduced already and really simple, I don't know whats your problem with it.

Verdun is fucking awesome especially now that I hit level 100 so if a match turns into a stack I can just bail with no losses

Some of the lower to very low starter sets and uniques costume and weapons are aight looking, it's too bad some of them don't have a higher level counterpart. If I had any modding skills or larger modding interest, I would shuffle around some of the art for the gear. There are some decent looking assets in general within the game. Though if I had the skill, I would mod in 2 handed weapon block. That was one neat thing I liked from Darkstone.

I said I had a beef with TL1's itemization because all of TL1's itemization was really horrible. It's good to know TL2 toned that shit down.

End game armour looks better, the trick of the items is that you have two requirements: level or stats, you can always spam stat gear and swap those with other stat that gives you even more gear, ending up being overpowered as fuck early on if you use your stash. This is why I clean my stash of items every year and I have my lv100 Berserker without weapons cause I fucked up while cleaning last time, bye legendaries

The problem with some mods, are the imbalanced items like the two handed katana you can see here (the shield is actually from the game, it made me chuckle since its from 2014).

Speaking of legendaries, I wasn't a huge fan of some of the level 101 stuff since that usually also requires finding a stat enchanter. (Boris I think). Thankfully most legendaries were a nice to have, not absolute requirement. I think my last Focus based Outlander used Greysky Omen shotgun (one of the guaranteed possible choice of final act reward on the first difficult run iirc) all the way to 90s, and still kept it in stash when he reached 100.
I like that Runic did not, or maybe could not afford to go the route of continual game play change patches. They had a fairly firm cut-off schedule of the vanilla gameplay being locked down. After going through patch changes roller coaster of Diablo2 era, I think I prefer the route of general stability of devs locking down the vanilla gameplay after good enough bug testing, while being very mod friendly for those who want to tinker and tool around with the game.

Durr, that should be
The first game completion before NG+, you know what I'm trying to say here. After you kill not Diablo on the last Act, character level anywhere from 42-50.

You have no idea. SC2 story makes Diablo 3 story look only mildly retarded.

Too bad the pvp/esport aspect of it kinda sucks too.