Bad Vidya you're voluntarily playing

Bad vidya you're playing for shits and giggles thread?

Is it really that bad? Seems like it's just a GoW clone of sorts for kids with overpaid movie stars as voice actors. I know it has/had a small autistic following. Also that Sparx looks fucking ugly as sin.

I never played games like this or GoW. And yes dragonflies are horrendous in it. I'm not sure how bad it gets yet. Only just started.

Is that the one for the 360? I couldnt get past the first stage after the tutorial due to how cringy it was. Its literally DeviantArt OC: The Game.

That's the one where Sparx is voiced by David Spade, right? All I remember is that it was huge chore to get through, and to beat it you had to use a mechanic that was never mentioned at any other point in the game.

IIRC, it was on PS2 and GameCube, but it had sequels on the 360.

First one. If I'm really autistic and bored I might try the others, assuming I don't die of boredom in this game. That one sounds promising, if it's that cringey.

Not sure who did which voices. Sounds like they kept changing him.

Why is this legal.

I've tried playing NecroVision but it's not worth it.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

How this game has a thriving fanbase is beyond me. The combat's decent, but the plot is fucking nonsense and the writing is painfully unfunny.

Nep-nep is cute though, that much I'll say about it.

I actually like this game.

It runs like dogshit on my laptop and the crashing is what made me finally stop. I'll give it another shot once I get a proper machine because it does look at least marginally fun, but it's not worth the hassle.

I'm playing dark cloud on the PS1, which isn't exactly bad, but it's not really that good. I can be playing much better games, but I've played this game since it came out, and never beat it, so I feel like I owe it to myself to complete it. Especially because I heard the second is a lot better. Just as a throw away question, anyone know any great PS2 games with good melee combat? Preferably with swords, something you can block, dodge and look for openings in, not so much something like devil may cry, but something a bit slower.

Monster hunter 1 and 2 are on ps2.

Maximo

not really too interested

that's more like it. The sequel is good too?

Way of the Samurai 2
Zone of the Enders
God Hand

Necrovision is awesome, it has some pretty nasty bugs though. When are you supposed to get the gauntlet thing? I was 5 hours into the game and I didn't have it.

I've heard the sequel is even better, but I've never played it.

WoW because my friends play it still.

the pleasures of a modded PS2. Thanks, I'll definitely get both of them.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaich 3 is actually really fun, but the AI is retarded and it's really best when played against someone else (after you've played the game enough to get the hang of it, anyway)

Find someone who's also never played it so you can both GIT GUD together and it becomes fucking amazing.

I still play Gothic 3 sometimes

not too into fighting games or multiplayer, but I do know in that one you can play as Arale, who is one of my favorite Toriyama characters. Thanks

I just played Republic Commando again for nostalgia

the gunplay is as smooth as a modern Battlefield launch

I'll never understand why I've played this game as many times as I have. It feels like something you'd get for free at the bottom of a cereal box. The characters are unlikable(yet strangely likable together), it has flaws out the ass, and the graphics are shit… but there's something about it that makes it my go to drinking game.

This is the one where it takes like 10 shots to take down a single enemy aint it?

Pretty much, unless you use the sniper chick in which case you can take down 3 or 4 enemies with a single shot.

Resident Evil Survivor

I love that they re-used the enemies from RE1 and 2, and seeing their old, pixelated models from the original games in first person

The game itself is pretty bad, VERY short (with some replayability) and the story sucks, but I still play it from time to time, and even downloaded the chinese PC port that lets you aim with the mouse. I just love that piece of shit

Dark Star One
It's a shitter Freelancer that's incredibly easy thanks to the turrets that everyone uses. Still, at least it's better than Star Citizen.

Spyro controls like shit

So, there's a morality system and you're forced to play the game over and over again to get the true ending?

Kingdom Hearts

Said no one ever.

I've resigned myself to the fact that once all the DLC is out and I can just torrent the GOTY edition, I will probably play at least a little Fallout 4. I can only hope that by that time, the modding scene still exists and has been productive enough to let me hide enough of the flaws to make it enjoyable.
I wish there were a game where I could explore and fight through the post-apocalyptic ruins of a city, with customized weapons, while building and running my own settlements, but not made by Bethesda.

OP the fag here. I beat New Beginning and moved to Eternal Night. I expected nothing from 1 and am still let down.

That game was pretty broken. Breaths stunlocked everything forever and you can easily get to maxing out fireball thing's level and just make a mess of the scene. Everything dies and as long as small enemies are dying, you just get more and more gems to restore everything and continue doing it.

It was even great with earth breath where you just plop some AoE tornados and let the game play itself. Every enemy I tried it on was basically stunlocked and wouldn't really be able to do anything or chase you. Video related.

I more meant how, in Shadow, when you have no weapon, combat is "jump and press buttons at enemy until no more HP".

I first played a DW game because i saw footage of it and tought it looked like the shittiest thing i ever saw.

Turns out i got incredibly addicted to musou games after that and nowdays i have to import Basara titles from japan to support my advanced addiction.

Joke's on me, i suppose, fate has cursed me to enjoy myself no matter what i try.

You are going to hate Dawn of the Dragon.

I gave up partway through Eternal Levels, sadly. I got stuck at some flying ship part and nothing happened after killing a bunch of enemies and dying a lot (thank sucks for savestates or rewatching cutscenes would've been bullshit).

Then I realized that I really could just watch the trilogy's cutscenes because it'd be faster, I'd get enough of the cringe I seek, and am really bad at games.

Darn of the Dragon is super cringe right?

I played a campaign of Rome Total War II all the way through just to suck every ounce of suffering out of it.

anyone else completely lose interest in a series when they stop numbering it? it's like they're telling me directly that they gave up.

Fuckin' dead.

Yes. Spoilers used appropriatesly.

Spyro is revealed to be a dragon of prophecy because he's purple. I fucking wish I was making that up.

The big bad is the first purple dragon ever.

The big bad's plan is to awaken this juggernaut thing that somehow walks around the entire world in an hour to destroy it so he can recreate it or some shit (I can't remember). It's the fucking thing on the cover. You fight it near the end of the game. The fight sucks.

Spyro is constantly chained to Cynder because free flight would otherwise be too open.

Avalar is basically Middle Earth, and features no pelicans or trolleys, so it sucks.

After killing the big bad in the core of the world with a QTE (that requires a repeating button press, but there's no real indication of it being repeating when every one before was a single press so you'll just do this faggy twirl and then the last phase of the fight repeats), Spyro and Cynder making le brav sacrifice to restore life to the world or some shit.

The last fucking line is Cynder saying "I love you.

They can wear armor, for some fucking reason.

Would you fuck cynder?

Solved.

I'm currently playing Invisible War, and it's bad, but I'm still managing to have some fun with it. I really hate how they did augmentations in this compared to the original, though.

I am replaying this. I don't know why. It's so bad. I never beat it, so I figured why not current year. Fuck! I am enjoying it. Guitar Hero copied Pattimo.

I beat the Legend trilogy just recently.

First game was okay, the breath attacks were decent. Second game was a big stepdown from the first and somehow the combat didn't feel as good. I also didn't feel much need to use all the breaths. Either fire or mash the earth attack.

Third game was way better, it feels more like the originals though I didn't feel the need to use the other breaths as much. It's basically God of War meets Spyro, at least in terms of ideas and not so much the execution.

Sparx gets better in the second game and better again in the third, largely because he talks less each time.

If there were to be a reboot of the franchise, I would like some things carried over from Legends to it. Stuff like some of the combat system (because charging or fire breath can get a little samey). Maybe at least the multiple breath types.

I don't remember that, what was it?

Probably should contribute.

From the series that brought you "Now bear my arctic blast…"

OP guy who he was talking to here. It wasn't as much as I expected. I expected bullshit out of nowhere minigame level changes or something they'd suddenly teach you, but it was actually just a fifth element you get for the last moment of the final boss, finishing with a really Final Fantasy dragon ultima attack.

This isn't halfchan. You have IDs.

No, Mark.

Woops I'm retarded. Never really thought people actually pay attention to them unless someone's sperging or shilling.

There are more than just red fire dragons, the different colours control different elements. Purple just means you are the avatar. Honestly until they revealed that other dragons could actually only use one element except for purple ones the whole prophecy thing was dumb.

They knew their audience.

Because why not. It's collectables that give you some useful buffs

I beat this just so i could say i did. Probably not worth it, but i overcame the bullshit none the less.

I also beat Dark Cloud 2's bonus dungeon, even though i was using the barrelmech for 90% of it. I know people love Dark Cloud 2, but fuck them; Monica isn't half as useful as Max, the town-builder is just a checklist, the entire last dungeon disappears when you beat the game, the bonus dungeon is a massive pain in the ass.

WotS2 is nothing but off-balance slashes and doesn't have the awase; the first one has much better combat.

Because the combat isn't that detailed as i recall, there's no plotline checklist for the Goundhog's Day shenanigans, and you can't zoom the camera in enough. If they re-made it and polished the fuck out of it, it might be exceptional.

Planet's Edge. It's a game I never finished as a kid and I've about decided to never finish it as an adult. It has a lot of neat ideas and interesting areas but it's very unpolished and feels unfinished, even for a New World Computing game.

It's weird. I wanna disagree because When mario stopped numbering games Super mario world came out and that was great. At the same time when you look at spyro and crash you do have a point there.

my cock was solid as dark crystal, i want to fuck that dragon stupid.

don't read if you haven't finished the game or if you care about to play it
also the actual last line of the game is Ignatius wondering about what was of spyro and cynder, since they fused into the heart of the world to pull the pieces back in place and fix malefors fuckup

Mario World is called Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan.

Huh never knew that my bad. Does Super Mario 64 count as a numbered game cause it has a number or not because it isn't the 64th game

No, it was always fucking dumb. It's an overused cliche that makes no sense unless you handwave it with "it's magic." In a spin-off series that at least tries to establish some rules for how magic operates, that excuse doesn't work, and yes I am aware of the irony of arguing this in a game with a talking dragonfly.

Yiff in hell scalefag.

Having collectables is one thing when they outright reward the player more for finding them all. All the armor does is already make piss-poor fights even more piss poor, rather than do shit like unlock and epilogue or even an extra extra level filled with minigames. Hell, Enter the Dragonfly was more rewarding and all it did was make the one boss in the game repeat itself.

Yeah, I completely fucking forgot about that. Still cringy as fuck.

I never said I was that audience, I said that the devs knew what their audience was.

You're thinking of the original trilogy, we're talking about the Legend trilogy which was clearly doing things differently. So it was a series about something else.

Duke Nukem 4ever

I paid for it during Steam Summer sale

$4

kill yourself faggot

a dragon is better than your hand

>>>/reddit/

No, the gameplay of the legend trilogy was to be a hybrid between a beat-em-up and simplistic 3D platformer. The first two games hid a metric fuckton of gems to power your character up in spots where the player would need to search around to find them.

The third game especially took exploration up to eleven by using the chain between Spyro and Cynder become an element that could be used to navigate through obstacles and reach items, the fact that they even bothered to hideaway the pieces of armor in the first place rather than just hand it to them like breathes, and in giving the player(s) more freedom of movement via flight.

The problem is that the "attractive" collectables don't really have any worth. There's no incentive to collect all of the armor sets because after a certain point, the player can settle comfortably with a set armor that grants bonuses to the player's preferred playstyle, or doesn't really have an overall impact over the course of the game for not collecting. The only difference between playthroughs of a player that collects armor and one that doesn't is that the player that finds pieces will have an easier time playing the game afterwards, which isn't a very satisfying reward. What you at that point is a collectable that the player has no incentive to find, and only exists to make the character look more "cool," "edgy," or whatever the kids are calling it these days, but ends up looking dumb as hell on a dragon vaguely the size of a sporting dog.

fuck off to reddit casul

I don't get it. What's the fucking point in playing it if you could just jerk to some pictures or something?

I tried to play through the second game and kept getting single digit frame rates. Got up to the bit with the pirate ship, saw that I was STILL fighting fucking mandrills and gave up. Seriously what the fuck happened to enemy diversity in these games?

Simple:
I like the gameplay, characters and dialogue.

The basic idea behind this game was fine, but it suffered from development hell moving from the Dreamcast to the PS2 (which a lot of people forget was a HUGE pain in the ass to develop for early on). So what we got was an unfinished mess.

I play State of Decay every now and then. I like building an outpost, even if the entire game is the exact same fucking thing over and over and you've got to babysit your retards all day long.

I started playing the mainline and storybook Sonic games for the first time in release order earlier this year, so I guess I voluntarily played some pretty bad/mediocre games, but it wasn't purely "4 le lulz xD" so much as me just wanting to see exactly how the series regressed. I ended up stopping after finishing '06 and haven't continued yet. Most noteable experience was Adventure 1 which was hilarious for completely unintentional reasons, I surprisingly never once found myself frustrated with it though. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back and finish all of the remaining games, but I definitely plan to give Boom a playthrough soon now that piracy is an option. I've heard horrifying things about it and I'm looking forward to the experience.

Really? All I remember is you had to press the Z button at a certain point during the final battle, and I don't think I had ever used the Z button for anything before. The game probably explained what I was supposed to do, but I guess I wasn't paying attention.

To think that it only gets worse here on out. I never played past the Tag Team Racing game because it was god-awful. CTR was great but it also had it's own WoC ripoff.

I played Enter the Dragonfly and Hero's Tail (kinda okay) and they were awful OP, I can only imagine what Legends is like.

never liked the spyro games

undertale/overwatch/doom4/fallout4/world of warcraft/starbound
pick whichever pisses you off the most and respond to this "bait" appropriately

I had Hero's Tail when it was new, but I didn't get very far and remember basically nothing. I saw some cutscenes though and just finished downloading it. It looked pretty effortless and cornball. Enter the Dragonfly makes Legends look good, though.

Undertale was nice for what it was if you just look at it as a fun adventure and ignore the cancerous fans. I don't give a shit about the rest of those though.