Armor choice in modern games

So imagine you have the choice to wear 2 sets of armor:

A simple army style standard uniform with body armor and maybe extras like a helmet, knee pads, etc.

Or this big and shiny suit of power armor with it's own fucking operative system that enhances your strength, speed and resistance but in turn anyone with the know-how can ""hack"" into your suit and deactivate it's functions or perhaps even turn you into a bitch that can't control their own actions at times.

90% of all game protagonists nowadays pick the power armor

Nothing at all. Not for sale. Kill all gooks.

Everyone who uses are are filthy casuals.

Take attack. Show it has no effect, pitiful cowardice, parasitic demonstration of want of power. Spit on it and deny it any place but it's feet holding it's rotten student alleigance.

Better death from cowards than anything else they offer.

They've decided victory is slavery, submission etc. Want to assume the glories of others that have suffered rather than aiding that standard.

Pretenders of passion. Know story will always be without them, if there is nothing else then you are the only story that is.

So are we going to come up with a name for this guy or something because I don't think he's going to leave like ass autist

I'l take long leather coat over anything.

By the way, to which type stalker armor applies?

I always liked power armor that allowed the user to become much stronger/durable as an idea, but that was because I liked Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Looks like standard military gear for the most part. The shit on the leg could just be regarded as support since nothing else on those two men seems like it enhances combat ability.

whats wrong with killing gooks? they only make shit games for casuals anyways

Fuck power armor, exoskeletons are where it's at.

I just wish more games had them

Flanders was pretty sexy.

I want to be naked.

Chainmail, preferably with aventail/aventailed helmet and a coat of plates, replace leather plates with metal plates for more protection but more weight.

Remember to wear padding underneath your armor, I am lazy and was also hot ;^)

A Hawaiian shirt is all of the protection I need, a kevlar vest is all the protection I want, and a pair of sunglasses is the bare minimum I want my guy to have.

The simple one, although preferably without Doomguy's exposed midriff.

Power Armor's for pussies.

Imlying*

His midriff is only exposed because his shirt has been torn off. If the armor went too low it would reduce mobility. Imagine trying to sit or do something similar if your shirt was made of hard metal.

OP here, posting best clothing

Sunglasses recommended for those with augmented vision

Sit your ass down mister "hacker on steroids" you won't do shit.

That's why I added the """"" we are talking about video game universe logic, pretty sure in Doom 14 there is a point in which the doomguy's suit keeps him from shooting the bad guy at a certain point, why? because """"hacking""""" that's why.

The second option. Always the second option. What, are you so weak as to be incapable of unhacking yourself and then hacking your opponent in turn?

Nope. Doomguy isn't able to shoot Optimus Prime in the face because of a failsafe that was implanted into him while Doomguy was comatose. Not only would the failsafe make it so that Optimus Prime could safely retrieve him from Hell, but it would paralyze Doomguy and keep him teleport him to a nice, safe, easy-to-monologue-in containment chamber.

Thought it was in the suit, oh well, never trust lazy convenient writing I guess.

Power armor is by definition an artificial exoskeleton, though.

I pick futuristic space suit

I bet you still use the Sulfatum, faggot

Is that real, if so, how did the camera survive a tank shell so close to it?

Because the camera wasn't hit directly and there was probably something in the way of the explosion so the recording could be recovered, most likely the target itself

Why would you make it so it can be hacked in the first place you retard? Power armor doesnt need internet access to function.

Because the camera paused before the shell hit? Duh?

In that kind of world, no armor.

Stealth and subterfuge.

Nice of you to stop by and tell us how much you like dicks.

All that gear on chicks
not that i mind in games, realism can go suck a bag of dicks gimme my plot head-armor!

Lightweight biotech with a focus on speed and agility that still enhances other physicals to an extent.

i'm aware that he's a cyborg, but there's no reason you can't apply the ideas here to a suit

IMPORTANT QUESTION
When you pick up armor do you prefer a zipper sound or a CLANG CLANG sound

Looked sortof like an APFSDS round of some kind, those are made to penetrate armor and don't usually carry that much high explosives. So basically, no direct hit, no kill.

Say that to my god hand, nigger.

Get Serious you bitches.

Enjoy your new "unhackable" Windows 10 running armor.

Fucking kids

No, I'm implying it will be hackable because it will be based on an OS with more accessible backdoors than a room full of 2$ crack whores and the whole system will be build around being interconnected with its squadmates meaning it will have several wireless network connections running at all times it can be accessed through.

…but what is powerarmor if not an armored exoskeleton?

what kind of metal plates are you using that are heavier than fucking chainmail? Chainmail is about the heaviest shit you can wear, plate armor is much lighter. and what the fuck is that leather padding you are wearing that looks pointless as fuck. and if you put on armor cover your fucking hands and forearms they are the most likely part of you to get hit in combat.

quoting a faggot (you)

Observe vid related it used rheostats and had no OS, also it could easily keep up with the gunner or even go faster than the gunner.

Vice City is the best GTA then.

Have you retards never heard of the "Future Force Warrior" crap?
The army isn't trying to make that shit run as a closed system, they are going for as much interconnectedness as they can, with squadmates and commanders being able to look up other squaddies positions and information they are sending back on targets, so they can get real time data from observers, drones and shit.
The entire point of the system isn't keep every soldier isolated from every other, but to share as much info between them as possible.
Tie that shit into a power armor with a control system more complex than aiming a turret with a joystic, and it sure as fuck won't be a closed system.

one clean shot in the head with anything more powerful than a standard issue side-arm, even with power armor, and you're dead

just wear whatever the fuck you want

same argument can and should be applied to bikini armor worn by women

imo the best armor is not getting hit

you really underestimate the average suit of sci-fi power armor.
end ur lyfe lmao

are we looking at the same picture?

That doesn't mean the system that runs the suits needs to talk with/be exposed to the outside world.
What you just described can already be done with cellphones.

in a world with super sci-fi power armor, super sci-fi guns will super sci-fi kill your ass in a new york minute

it's one thing to have "armor" that boosts your bio-regenative abilities to the point where non-mortal wounds heal almost instantly but it's another to think that any amount of unobtanium plates in your skull is gonna stop a well-placed bullet from killing you

not sure why you replied to my post since its unrelated, but anyways.

its common sense to want more interconnected soldiers. the faster you can share information the better. and its not like you cant encrypt the communications.
and all of this has nothing to do with powerarmor or whatever, this is already well under way in many armed forces of the world.

hypotheticly speaking though, a powerarmor would still be a closed system, independant from the communication equipment. at the most it would have some read only data exposed.

That's physically impossible.

Yet we still make tanks.

a tank isn't a form-fitting piece of protective wear that is right up against your flesh, it's an armored fucking vehicle

surely you understand the difference

shit even if the armor you're wearing is IMPENETRABLE, if somebody shoots it with a high velocity rifle and DENTS IT you're FUCKED because that shit is RIGHT UP AGAINST YOUR SOFTMEAT

you'd have to really put the hurt on a TANK in order to do serious and fatal damage to the driver

and that's not even to say that tanks are impenetrable either, you can blow those things up with enough firepower too

you only need a couple of ackbars with rpgs to destroy the average tank

Ha, fags. Why stop at power armor?

Remember that fucking the robot is forbidden because the robot is emotionally on a child level

You can't hack trough that shit.
FFW has sensory data sharing between suits (that can be turned off btw). How would you "hack" using that?
You need to have access to the core system to input new commands and shit.
You think video/audio feed is going to be used for command processing?

Just because there is data going and and out, doesn't mean you can make use of it or can access any of the suits functions trough that.

It all depends. Any power armor will be pretty much invulnerable to small arms fire.
And you can't puncture modern kevlar helmets with a pistol.

The whole point of power armor is that it allows a human to carry more, thicker and better armor. Meaning your standard assault rifle becomes useless.

shit even if the armor you're wearing is IMPENETRABLE, if somebody shoots it with a high velocity rifle and DENTS IT you're FUCKED because that shit is RIGHT UP AGAINST YOUR SOFTMEAT

It's not. Padding/clothing is worn underneath. Plus, your softmeat is flexible, a dented armor won't even inconvenience you.

Nothing is. The name of the game is force multiplier.

Grenades and heavy weaponry will hurt power armor - but not all soldiers will carry that. And your PA solider will carry bigger guns.

Learn some logic before you try lecturing people, you 2Hu shitter.

I always prefer looking like a grunt rather than a god. Because it feels that much more bad-ass when you kick everyone's ass as a fucking nobody.

As much as I like scifi powah armor, I fucking love Fallout1 when you get the power armor suit since you become close to Robocop level of toughness and strength boost. There might be something to the idea that there's a glut of it lately. Gimme option 1.