ITT: we warn Yoko Taro

The last thread is past the bump limit.

8-4 will be localizing butchering NieR: Automata (they already said they "changed a lot from the original script to fit the different region" archive.is/JPJ7K#selection-841.1-845.191).

What I propose:
We always complain and we do nothing. Well, now it's time to change the course of this industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JPJ7K#selection-841.1-845.191
youtube.com/watch?v=DM7hH4lQW-M
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110795510407168
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110832000774148
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110865232277504
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110897855565825
archive.is/ulOBy
blade2187.com/2014/04/21/no-no-no-no-no-no/
blade2187.com/2014/06/12/you-guys-need-a-localization-director/
blade2187.com/2014/11/10/like-moths-to-a-flame/
lexilogos.com/keyboard/japanese.php
kanji.sljfaq.org/
teknik.io/
jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/outline/
jp.square-enix.com/dod3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MGR

Baten Kaitos Origins cut the ability to play as a girl.

Censored everything in Xenoblade X.

Revengeance didn't have the wooden sword that contained the soul of Snake in the english version. No idea why, I imagine it had to do with voice actor trouble. Anyway, that's cut content.

I heard Drakengard 3 was butchered as well.

Sounds like a bs excuse to me, they could have easily hired Hayter to record a few lines(he is paid based on the amount of lines he reads) considering that Kojima barely had any involvement with the western release

Moonman dev fags btfo

We can tell him that they have ruined stuff and cut out content like the writing he puts in his stories,which is why we buy his games, but then it leads to the issue of where else does he go for a translation?
Is Taro even able to authorize that and it's not a higher up at Square Enix?

It is even more bullshit since games after it switched the voice actor for snake.

Probably the suits at Square Enix. What I'm thinking here is that we might at least let him know about them so he can keep them on a tight leash.
He will probably say they will do a fine job because no one complained about the first NieR. However, their latest track record suggests they will censor the game to hell and back.

Oh sweet fucking christ. Please tell me the faggots that worked on that trainwreck aren't getting close to Nier: Automata.

Any infographic that you guys make, I'll send to him directly and make sure he gets it. He usually hates being DM'd, but this is a very special case.

You guys are crazy believing this will change anything.
8-4 probably already finished translating the whole thing, there's no way they'd hire new people to do it again or get them to change the game.

You're just bothering a poor old japanese man that just wants to make video games.

So, how would you like your game translation fam?

And? This just stops them from ruining future games.

If it prevents it in the future then it's STILL worth doing.

No it doesn't. This will keep happening over and over like it's been happening for the past 20 years.

There's absolutely nothing you can do but put your time to better use and learn japanese. If enough people liked video games and knew japanese, then maybe we'd have a non-SJW company butchering translations.

But unfortunately you're all lazy weebs.

Are you serious now?
How is sending a one-page infographic "bothering a poor old Japanese man"?
Get out of here with this defeatism.

Checked.

Better try and fail then do not try at all. Don't be a cunt.

Isn't that girl the one that triggered an user because of her lips or some shit?

Exactly, i lost that screencap tho.

It is. I couldn't find the screencap in my disorganized folders.

Why am I so attracted to Gyaru and Ganguro girls when they represent the absolute worst in women. Galko being an exception of course.

How do we know Yoko has authority over translation companies?
How do we learn if Yoko's higher ups or lower staff approve or disapprove of translations when putting the games out the door?
I think telling Yoko about this is a good idea but we don't have a proper target to convince/persuade or a solution to the translation issue

well user, she's triggering my ding ding dong

Jesus, gooks are fucking ugly.

Also mention Bravely Default to Bravely Default Second story censorship changes if square enix is left unchecked and we assume by good faith that letting localizers do what they want won't matter

I can speak from experience as a translator of legal and financial documents. If the client does not like the translation, you have to proofread / redo it, period. Sometimes, you have to basically restart an entire document because he didn't like one page of it and thinks it's suspicious. It's just how it is.

Fuck off kike

My question is the client Yoko or Square heads? once we get that question cleared up then we know who to talk to.

We should give a letter to Yoko anyway to show how his kinds of work will be affected by things like this and fans are worried about it.

Maybe because the only Ganguro girls you see are the pretty ones that people want to photograph and put on the internet.

Dark skin + bright colors + outgoing personalities.

Complaining isn't doing something faggot.
You sound like a fat SJW or a journo when you say this shit.

Square didn't publish the Bravely games here the censorship for those was under Nintendo's say so. With 8-4 working on a Platinum/Square game they probably won't be cutting out sexual content the games doesn't really seem to have too much from what I've seen so far anyways. 8-4 though are mostly caught being lazy when they aren't under Nintendo. They'll just cut out dialogue or options that aren't exactly "necessary" to the plot. Although Drakengard 3 was all kinds of fucked up in terms of just the script and writing being complete off in tone and content.

That's the thing. I don't know who the client would be in this case. The publisher? The developer? Either way, the director has pull because he also wrote the fucking game.

Yeah but it's true of most JAV models just those do that little something extra.

Are you for real?

We're using Holla Forums's greatest strength as a means of trying to keep a games writing as accurate to the original source as possible, and you think that's complaining? If they announced from the beginning it was 8-4 doing it, I am 100% certain Holla Forums would have been on it much sooner.

Wasn't this not because of censorship but because Hayter drama?

Do it you glorious faggots. He needs to know his game is going to be butchered and that his fans in the west are NOT happy about it either.

What's a good tool to make infographics that is not Photoshop?

Just pirate photoshop you nigger

I'll say it again.

I have Yoko Taro added on facebook, if you guys want to have a direct conversation with him (personally I'd ask him to include english subs on japanese version so I can import) just tell me BUT to ensure no misunderstandings we should get a nip-savvy user

Install Gimp

Consider all the jobs lost due to radical lefties screaming and complaining.
A complaint concerning the quality of the product, things that might alter the whole message and perception of the game is a worrying and valid one.

It is something, if you don't like it, suggest something better but don't be a fag

That's just a theory.

This is literally a zero effort chance to improve the industry in a huge way. The whole preface of the infographic should be:

Even though the NieR localization was good, 8-4's quality has declined sharply over the past few years. Today they are responsible for the unjustified censorship and ruination of the following translations:

List with specific short descriptions goes here

We implore you, as far as it is in your power to help prevent the ruination of Nier: Automata. Your fans don't want a watered down experience.

No one likes to read a lot of shit. It should be 100 words tops with links linking to more info. I am on my phone (1am here) but if someone tosses together a text I can have it translated and prettified tomorrow.

YES

I just thought of something.
Do you guys think Yoko Taro gave his game to 8-4 for their work because he knows how much they will fuck it up?

I've done this before, and with smaller devs/publishers than Square that might actually listen to complaints. It's never changed anything. But hey, I've never had the full autism of Holla Forums helping me out, so maybe it'll work this time. Though if you're only going to have one guy translating and sending info to anyone it's just going to look like one guy to the recipient.

I heavily doubt he's aware of the fuck ups 8-4 did. Besides, it's the same people who did a really good job on the first Nier, so it'd make sense they would use them this time as well…
Granted, the only games that 8-4 touched I played before were Nier and Wild Arms 5 which were well translated, but it was after that when 8-4 started fucking up (type-0 HD, Drakengard 3).

I'm still hoping they won't fuck this one up… But that interview claiming that they ALREADY did 'localization' is thoroughly worrying.

NieR wasn't harmed greatly, if at all by 8-4 localization (as far as I am aware at least). I think it's just a matter of caring on their part. Let's hope that they care enough not to inject bullshit into Automata as well.

Kinda like this?
(This is just a test, settle down.)

It's probably just because they worked on Nier and Drakengard 3. Even though Drakengard 3 was soundly criticized for having a completely borked translation. That had such a limited release Square probably didn't pay attention to anything about it once it was out.

I still think the reason why we only got Gestalt in the west is because 8-4 was just too lazy to put out another script with just some slight changes. Since it's pretty much the same situation with Baten Kaitos losing it's female player character option.

The more examples, the better.
Also, you're obviously going to translate that to jap, right?

Bad news, user.
archive.is/JPJ7K#selection-841.1-845.191

You guys are just going to spill your spaghetti all over the place and embarrass yourselves in front of Yoko Taro.

I mean, look at your ambassador Mark, he's a walking spaghetti cannon.

God this is going to be so embarrassing, I'm just going to deny that I know any of you dorks.

I think the biggest thing against 8-4 was the way they handled Drakengard 3 they completely changed Zero's character with their script which was quite a feat considering they only had subs and not a dub. Them censoring stuff only really happened under Nintendo's say so which looking at things now was most likely just Nintendo's orders. Another good example is Azure Striker Gunvolt where they cut out large swathes of dialogue which contained most of the character interaction just because it would be a pain to translate in a readable way.

I don't have the fucking webm because the hard drive with my reaction folder got destroyed.

Why not create a postcard then? Everyone submits an image of their monitor or something?

That's really vague though. It sounds like something an actual localization team would do. Direct translations aren't always the best course of action. To give a recent example, Digimon Story: Cyber Sluts had little moments where your Digimon would ask you questions. Some questions would require you to have some knowledge of Japan in order to know. These would have no effect on gameplay or anything but I won't lie when I say it got pretty annoying.

Oh God you're already starting with the merchant memes, I bet you'll end up sending an infographic trying to link 8-4 with a Zionist conspiracy.

I'm out, I don't think I can handle the embarrassment.

Get out and stay out

You assume way too much, and need to go.

I'll never get to play Nier, but getting 8-4 out of the industry will help video games as a whole.

Baten Kaitos and Drakengard 3 need to be brought up.

As much as I hate 8-4, you guys don't understand that in that article in the OP, that's the fucking producer of the game speaking.
As in, the producer of the game is fully aware that they are changing huge chunks and he is fine with it.

You won't be changing any minds, because the top dog their is already aware and content with what they are going to do to the game.

The only way is to learn Japanese - which, trust me, is not as hard as you think. It's a matter of rote learning and memorisation.
Plus there are plenty of (and I mean a LOT more than you might think) sites and free resources on the internet to help you learn nip. You just need to try, anons.

And don't forget to visit the nipponese learning thread.

As for the thread, right off the bat all I can contribute is
The tumblr pronouns in Gunvolt
If you play MN9 with japanese voices on, the voices are different from the subtitles (but that only means they gave characters slightly different lines, and given the structural difference in language there's actually nothing wrong with that)
They completely changed all of Henry's lines in Awakening for no reason, completely re-writing his character from cynic to WEE HEE I LOVE BLOOD
I'm sure they fucked something up for Tales of Xilia. I remember there was a Vita tales game which was completely fucked, localisation wise (as in, character was speaking seriously, subtitled him as cracking jokes)

There's more there if you do more digging.
They're a reputable localisation company who have been doing this stuff for years, and consumer awareness of shitty localisation is only recent.
You'll find people will make Ted Woolsey justifications against you. It would probably take less effort to learn Japanese than to try to convince people.

Good luck anyway

The problem is that 8-4 aren't an "actual localization team". They literally make shit up whenever they feel like it and it's got nothing to do with "only japanese people will get it!"

No.

But does taro know his games are getting butchered. I want him to know.

Learning Japanese is a good thing and everyone should do it or just learn any second language. However raising awareness of bad localizations is a good thing that should be done. Localizers are in a pretty blame free positions. If they do a bad job which results in nobody buying the game they don't get blamed and instead people just decide the market isn't interested. It's important to point out that if a game does bad because it was translated poorly it's because of the localizers and not because the game was bad.

Now that you mentioned Drakengard 3, I was looking around and found this.
Go to 02:51 in the embed. He says "how delightful."
Now go to the same scene in Japanese.
youtube.com/watch?v=DM7hH4lQW-M

You can have some more of the meme gyaru.

Was Yoko tweets posted yet?

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110795510407168

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110832000774148

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110865232277504

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110897855565825

He does know, he doesn't consider it a butchering, he is happy with it.
As far has he is concerned, 8-4 is a very experienced team who has had a hand in big, successful projects. Not only that, but 8-4 was in charge of localising Nier, so they've already worked together before.

If anything, when 8-4 comes forward with suggested changes, he will in all likelihood trust their judgement, given they are so experienced and they have worked together before.

This is very true. Localisation companies do need to step up and take blame.
We don't live in the SNES era, where the cartridges couldn't contain the entire script if translated (which I believe was actually the case for Chrono Trigger). There really aren't any excuses, and hopefully consumer awareness will translate over to developer/design awareness.

However, Holla Forums is still an incredible minority. If we weren't, Call of Duty, Battlefield, FIFA, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls etc, all these popular franchises that Holla Forums hates would have died long ago.

If there is ever going to be more blame on localisation companies, awareness must spread beyond Holla Forums or we will never see change. IGN will keep pumping out 9/10's and the plebian, mindless majority will keep buying into it regardless.

His tweets.

So what if the game does come subtly changed for the worst. Im just going to hope and pray that neir 2 is acceptible.

So wait, does this mean he browses Holla Forums (assuming he tweeted these before anyone sent him shit)?

Many people tweeted to him on twitter. No one is waiting for you or care about you.

He probably was sent the thread by either Mark or some other user.

Yeah people think that devs don't want stuff changed and while this is sometimes the case the people calling the shots, the publishers/producers, really don't care if stuff is changed. They're told it needs to be changed and they don't know so they believe them. It's not important to just show how they are changing and ruining the script but to also show that these changes are not necessary. Talk about how the main consumer base for these games are people who watch direct subbed anime. Talk about how direct subbed anime is so incredibly successful way to distribute anime in the west and it has the least amount of changes and alterations to the source material.

Ha, I love Holla Forums and its shitty hive mind.

Thing is, they are known for cutting content from games. Look at Gunvolt.

He even posted here once. Doesn't mean he browses it.
archive.is/ulOBy

Probably not. His English isn't all that good. That one time where he did was an exception.

Just because it's Independence Day doesn't mean you should act like a faggot.

Hi 8-4.

We should probably get that infographic up asap.

In the end, that's all you can do. It's not like you could take up a fun secondary language which opens to door to all kinds of interesting culture and delicious vidya or anything.

But hey, who knows. Maybe 8-4 will take mercy on Nier this time

We're a thread and a half deep into this, someone's probably tweeted him about it already.

Exactly.
This entire thread (and the one before it) is made on the blind assumption that the developer/publisher will give a shit that the game will be changed.
They won't.
They probably approved those changes.

So long as localisation woes are a niche problem, no one will care.

Anime is arguably much, MUCH more niche than video games, especially in western culture. In the west, there's much less of a stigma around video games than there is around anime.

Vidya is sold to everyone from soccer moms to dudebros to Holla Forumsirgins. Anime has a much smaller audience.

Get outta here Stormweenie.

8-4 cuts content because they are lazy or are undercutting other localizers by giving cheaper quotes because they'll just cut stuff out.

Exactly anime is a much smaller market yet when direct-subbing became popular the audience actually grew. Also a lot of anime games are nearly the exact same market. I mean Nier is not a really big seller nor are Platinum Games' stuff. The mainstream Japanese release is extremely few and far between now despite the video game market having gotten so much bigger.

It doesn't matter what you are or where you came from your only argument is haha this is stupid don't do this because I think it's dumb. You aren't contributing shit so you can soundly be ignored until you bring up something relevant to the discussion.

I guessed this would be the case

Im guessing he is saying he is a hack.

Okay, then what do you suggest we do?

Because Complaining's not doing anything, and no matter what, you said it doesn't matter.

So what is the win condition here? Because from what it sounds like, regardless we're not doing anything, so why does it matter if we complain or not?

If you want a prime example to send him of their butchery, bring up Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening. In his original characterization, he was basically dead inside and only enjoyed killing. They turned him into LE FUNNY BIRD JOKE MAN HE LOVES KILLING THINGS ISN'T THAT SO WACKY? Read his supports with Olivia, the original and translated versions. It goes from
to

If your voice is louder than SJWs you can change it.

Let's not go down that road, let's just show why it's a bad idea like is suggesting.

That's the exact same thing, make your voice loud.

It's one of the tools to get heard. But the SJW's only use it to annoy people into submission.

We're only going with one big booming sound, if they don't listen. Do not bother doing any more from then on, and we're going to use actual information unlike the SJW.

Ergo, no it's not the exact same thing and you are dumb. Those broken trips should be proof enough on that.

I'm not exactly jumping to 8-4's defense here but what exactly is lazy about 8-4? Out of a little over 80+ products listed on the OP's chart debatable 5 of those projects have been what people here consider fuck ups.

Gunvolt is without a doubt a fuck up, either on purely 8-4, Inti Create being stingy on budget, or both.

Xenoblade X was localized by Treehouse with some help on the side by 8-4. With that being said you have absolutely no way you can point what problems with Xenoblade X at who simply because there's no way we can know who've done what on the project. Although I would be willing to put money on the idea that the memes and removal of the boob slider was on Treehouse's end given the more steady track record of that kind of behavior.

Drakengard 3's problems from what I understand was more in the voice acting rather than the script. Which in all honesty if 8-4 did not have access to the Japanese recordings of their dub and only had the raw script then I'm sure you can see how it ended up. I wouldn't be one to blame them for thinking that Zero was being portrayed as an angry bitch given the original script if they didn't have the director there in the recording booth to tell them otherwise.

Now if they did have a chance to listen to the Japanese dub beforehand, then yeah that was a big fuck up, but I don't think anyone can prove that.

Like I can get being a little worried, but I feel like this might just come off as overreacting, especially given that less than 1% of their gameography have been what people would consider a "butchered" localization.

False dichotomy. I am learning Jap, but i care about translations either way because the butchering done to some games is simply unacceptable. As an end-user, there are certain standards that should be uphold and getting to know the proper plot as the author intended is one of them.

And of course, not everyone will learn a language simply for "some Japanese games", or they might not have the chance to learn it in the first place, who knows, it's none of your business either way.

It was split about half and half if the credits are anything to be believed. A bunch of treehouse managers and some NoE people with a lot more 8-4 people on the lower parts translating shit.

From that I assume that the Treehouse were mostly managing the project while 8-4 did most of the grunt work.

Don't do anything then, let the sjws continue to censor garbage you're proud to buy because you're too lazy to articulate why they shouldn't censor it.

Also, Holla Forums's translation company when.

Awakening also had a lot of weird line and character changes. Also treehouse did not localize Xenoblade 8-4 did though NOA/treehouse were probably the ones responsible for all the censorship. 8-4 were the ones responsible for the meme shit they even joked about it on their podcast. The thing with 8-4 is they were fine before but have been getting increasingly iffy recently. Like with Gunvolt, Drakengard 3 and Xenoblade. I'm willing to believe that bad localizations are not solely the fault of the localizers all the times. The dev can just provide shit to source things.The thing is this is all NDA'd to fuck and nobody talks about the process aside from Xseed and recently NISA with criminal girls. 8-4 has said stuff like, well it has to be this way trust us we don't want to cut things or change stuff. Then you have them mocking people critical of their work on their podcast it just makes shit worse and hard to trust them. The entire localization process needs to be overhauled and needs to be discussed more openly to see what people want. Which is an incredibly difficult thing to do with the way Japanese development is.

I will say that the voice acting in Awakening was largelt good, but I'm not sure if Treehouse was actually responsible for that. They did, however, cut out mute mode for no good goddamn reason. IT WOULDN'T EVEN NEED TO BE TRANSLATED. YOU'RE A FUCKING MUTE. THERE'S NO NEED TO TRANSLATE DIALOGUE WHY DID THOSE KIKES CUT IT OUT

missed the point faggot
you missed the part where i mentioned that the D I R E C T O R of the fucking company knows of and is okay with the proposed changes.

By all means, raise awareness, that's good for the industry. but if you want to experience these games in their original form, suck it up and start learning

Sage for semi-offtopic, but on the subject of 8-4 does anyone know how bad of a track record their Japanese branch is (i.e. the one "localizing" from English to Japanese)? Currently trying to dig through Shovel Knight and see how badly they changed it.

Did the other characters have any altered dialogue in response to the PC being mute? That would probably be why.

Or maybe Nintendo just wanted to save a few pennies with the localization of what they were expecting to the last Fire Emblem game ever until fucking waifus saved the franchise.

It could be a Xenoblade problem where the director has been fed lies and told that the changes were made to conform with laws within a country when in reality no law exists.

The way I understand it, the dialogue was exactly the same. Everyone would just act as if you'd said something. It was a voice option, which didn't change dialogue outside of combat anyway.

Yeah but the other characters had different lines in response which had to be. This is an example of 8-4 being lazy or not asking for the appropriate budget. It is by no means necessary to the plot but was some extra work that they just decided not to do.

Not the director of the company it was the producer for the game he didn't make the thing. He just organizes and does PR and makes sure the game is on track. If the localizer tells him this needs to be changed in order for it to sell well he'll approve it. It's important to point out these changes aren't necessary because the vast majority don't care and would be fine either way. However there are another group who do care and will not buy the game because of this.

I heard about this one. I saw a clip of the a character saying the same thing again and again (getting more and more angry) with the subtitles COMPLETELY off base.

apparently that game was poorly brought over. So you're saying that 8-4 wasn't given the japanese dub, which varied from the script they were given? That sucks

No they didn't, man. The only differences were in your dialogue. It was replaced with punctuation marks. That and it didn't play any combat lines in battle for your character. They just cut it out because they're faggots.

The reason i dont trust you people with this is that you are spergs and are gonna go around screaming about SJWs and come out looking like paranoid retards and fuck shit up even more. And God forbid Holla Forums somehow gets involved and starts screaming about jews and makes things even worse. I swear if you are gonna do this thing and try to get a better translation dont fucking sperg out you dimb fucks or you are gonna make things worse. Dont make infographics with the word SJW in bright red letters at the top follow by an essay length text.

IT was too much work user.

Got to call a demon by its name to get rid of it faggot.

user 8/v/ aren't the only people talking about this shit this thread has been pretty on topic of talking specifically about 8-4's fuck ups rather than conspiracies. Unfortunately other people use it to scream about bullshit and just ruin the entire conversation. More and more people are learning about and getting pissed at SJWs which sadly means more and more idiots are talking about shit as well.

Save for the rare case when the English audience and the (Japanese) development team have a direct link (e.g. Director/Producer is proficient in English and actually cares about their feedback) then we can never be sure about the exchanges made between the devs and the "translators".

Even then, my argument about needing actual standards can be seamlessly be applied to translators. Where i live, it's an actual job that requires certifications, taking a course, etc, and if that doesn't happen in the U.S. it's either an institutional problem, or they don't give a fuck about meritocracy and these so called translators only have jobs thanks to nepotism.

I'm sure learning Jap is a good experience for anyone, or at least it isn't bad, but i wouldn't be too happy about this situation repeating with games from other planes. Will i have to learn Russian if companies stop giving a fuck? How about Polish, German, French, Spanish, those too?

user if you make this about SJWs you are gonna ruin everything. This is about better translations and thats it, bringing in SJW stuff makes everything complicated. There already people on twitter who are saying 8-4 is bad because of politics, not even mentioning poor translations. So people on twitter are already fucking up.

Starts asking for better and more accurate translationss and LEAVE POLITICS OUT OF IT. Dont mention SJWs, just fucking dont because that is another can of worms. The whole point is just to ask for a better translation and that's it.

Then we really need to get that infographic and everything else out now before everything is ruined.

I wouldn't claim, I'm simply assuming. The Kono Kono Kono thing is mainly just an issue with the fact that the script was altered for the English dub and the subs when using the japanese dub were not altered to reflect that. Very rarely do you ever get a direct translation from Japanese to English just because more often than not when you do such a thing it becomes almost annoying to read as a native english speaker just because we talk differently from native japanese speakers.

Usually localization studios are brought in mid-way through development and if 8-4 wasn't being given insight over how the japanese voice direction was going I really can't blame them for the decisions made with it's localization.

Again though, if 8-4 did have insight over how the japanese dub was being portrayed while they were working on their side of the project. Then yeah they totally dropped the ball in this instance. But given the nature of how localization is usually carried out, chances are honestly they probably didn't have those resources.

Like I said most of this thread has not been about politics and just about the games 8-4 have done poor jobs on. I'm saying other people from other communities are going to bring that stuff up regardless. It's best to just ignore those people and point out that our arguments are different.

are you princess maker 5 editor user?

anyway, you should read my posts, because I advocate consumer education as the only solution to this problem. You are right in that we must have standards, but these standards will only come from top-down and not vice versa, especially when you consider that people have only recently become more aware of shitty localisation. you can thank fire emblem fates for that.

I was saying that in this specific case, while campaigning for better localisation is a good thing, don't expect results and start learning nip for the long term. Who knows, maybe some days we'll have more informed, japanese/english bilinguals who will localise games to a better standard.

Golden, golden advice. There is no point in polarising people needlessly.

Just a wet dream. It would have to be a group of good, motivated, talented not to mention completely incorruptible people who are willing to go up against heavily-entrenched cliques in the industry and perhaps an entire political agenda, all that at the risk of their livelihoods.

Not sure the average Holla Forumsirgin has the stomach for that.

If you are gonna make an infrographic let it speak for itself. Dontt make one saying "SJWs at 8-4 censor videogames for political correctness" because thats gonna make you sound like a sperg. Seriously make it about better translations, no politics needed at all.

i wake up in 4am to check this fucking thread

Was there any productive proposal about current situation, after his tweets ?

Pretty much. The point is not in politics or sjw, but 8-4(it's mean hashi btw, fucking weebs) doing horrid localisation job.

They do.

No, i was saying get the infographic or whatever we're doing for how 8-4 is lazy, before the guys complaning about politics and sjws ruin our chance to change things.

Not too mention even being associated with Holla Forums would make it hard from the get go.

Thats whats gonna happen user.

It's not even about 8-4 not being allowed to do it just that they have to do a good job and accurately localize the thing. As much as the people at 8-4 are seeming more and more like assholes I wouldn't give a shit if they put out a good and accurate product.

Exactly all thats needed its an infographic that talks about their poor work. Look at the Drakengard 3 translation criticism video that goes around here. Its a perfect example, no politics mention at all, its an all around fair criticism of poor translations and thats it.

None of us have the money for it either.

How about starting small like a fan translation group?

>8-4 will be localizing butchering NieR: Automata
And there goes my interest in the game.

It strikes me that it really depends on the hiring company whether 8-4 does decent job or not, depending on what sort of leash they're held by (some of the games on there were actually handled pretty well, such as helping XSEED with Wild Arms 5, while others they fuck up badly in various ways). That said, with the way Square let them fuck around with Drakengard 3 (in addition to stuff you'd think would come over just fine without much in the way of changes, like Dragon Quest, which they seem to find letting the teams accent the shit out of is an ideal choice), there is good reason to be worried.

While there's certainly good stuff to pick through with the list (such as Tales of Hearts R; Kajitani-Eizan, the guy formerly fan-translating the DS version, speculates that only 40% of the localization of the Vita version is accurate to the original text), I would think that maybe Drakengard 3, XCX, and Azure Striker Gunvolt might be the pressing ones, considering those ones are pretty recent, pretty damn bad with what was done in localization, and Drakengard 3 will likely hit home well since that was Taro's own game (just be sure to explain how the changes were unnecessary for the game being brought west).

And yeah, if Taro doesn't know English himself, having some user able to provide translation for it. Might also be worth making sure he's got a direct contact link; not sure what the case is there, but making sure it doesn't get rerouted to Square-Enix themselves, who might be content to ignore any western criticism of their localization choices, might be useful.

Some Hearts R stuff that could be included, from Kajitani himself analyzing the translation quality leading up to the western release date:
blade2187.com/2014/04/21/no-no-no-no-no-no/
blade2187.com/2014/06/12/you-guys-need-a-localization-director/
blade2187.com/2014/11/10/like-moths-to-a-flame/

Also, as others have said, maybe leave the SJW/political angle out, and make it more about changes being completely unnecessary for western release and that, in some cases, 8-4 seems to have acted as if the original script wasn't good enough, and that adding their own flavor to the story/characters was an improvement, even if they entirely changed the way one or the other, if not both, handle. I'm not entirely sure how much Japan knows about how bad things have gotten out here in how games have been being brought west lately, so it's likely easier for them to understand that western fans just want a more accurate translation, and that if they are going to keep using 8-4, they need to reverse the changes done already and keep them to a VERY tight leash, the way some companies have begun doing with NISA (Spike Chunsoft for example seemed to not let them fuck around much with Demon Gaze and Danganronpa's scripts).

Those are already a thing. What you would need is legitimacy, anyone can start a fam translation group.

Start small and work up to legitimacy then (if there isn't already a Holla Forums fan translation group)? How many of Holla Forums is actually proficient in Japanese?

I would imagnie a good few. Enough to start translating smaller games.

That's the only way

If he doesn't care after that, there's nothing we can do

Fan translation groups that turn legitimate usually end up going to shit. See Sekai Project.

How do you even know he is legally allow to care. He is only the director but he might not have enough pull within the publisher to choose his own translation company.

What's wrong with them

The reason better not be they ran a kickstarter.

I'm not, but i think he has the right idea.
I'm not sure if they can only come from the top-down, maybe it can work both ways, who knows.

I agree and i've said this in all my prior posts, at the individual level this is a no-brainer, personally i even stopped playing D3 halfway through because the translation was so bad, in order to dedicate more time to learning Jap, that's how bad it is.

It certainly is a really important part of it, but even in the worst-case scenario of customers caring about the bare minimum, translators should be subjected to proper translations standards and that's where educational institutions can pitch in. Note that is just one of many recommendations, im by no means an expert in the area.

Considering the scope of the problem, i think the best that we could do is (maybe with the help of groups such as the Neptunia retranslation team) building a decentralized framework in which individuals can cooperate without putting much effort in organizing the team itself, kind of like giving the right tools for the job. Though even that is no small feat, and requires periodical maintainers.

About the SJW part, i know a chuck on 8ch in general cares a lot about them, but this is bigger than that. SJW themselves are a mix of con-artists and "problem creators" in the sense that they try to blow issues out of proportion, or make new -irrelevant- conflicts. Regardless of the case, they must be left out of the equation when talking about the "Western Market" itself.

The other idea i've had, is something that some anime subbers have done, which is checking the job of their peers. In several opportunities, they've analyzed each other and made suggestions for better wording and things like that. Of course, shitty subbers have also been made fun of a good number of times, but take into consideration that a 20 minute script is much shorts than even a short game.

So is anyone gonna make an good non paranoid infrographic that doesn't talk about SJWs.

Forget SJWs, forget politics. Just hold translations to higher standards. The "localization" part should be minimized as much as possible so it does not interfere with the game. None of this can be accomplished or is gonna take off of people sperg out about SJWs.

Also, I'd be curious as to what sort of quality the English-to-Japanese translations for games like Shovel Knight and Epic Mickey turned out like, given that 8-4 apparently also handled localization into Japanese.

That would require money, as well as at least a few companies willing to trust a bunch of anons to actually translate their games well in order to start building trust and a list of completed games. I suspect the likes of 8-4 and NISA keep getting so much work because they have a long resume of what they've handled at this point and/or work cheaper than other companies, and thus keep popping up to handle things.

While maybe some anons would be willing to work for free (that's what fan translators do for the most part, donations aside), that tends to leave progress being fairly slow (to REALLY slow; looking at Cless and his "12 years to release Phantasia's patch" effort) since people are working on their own time, rather than having deadlines if they want to be paid.

Holla Forums does have a few fan (re)translation efforts, such as the anons working at removing Doerr from Neptunia, and I think i've also seen one user around that claimed to have worked at translation Langrisser IV. That said, with games, it's not as easy as it is to, say, translate manga or anime. With the former you just need photoshop or some other image manipulation tool, and the latter a way to add subtitles to the video. With games though, you have to actually have people to work with the code, as well as debugging. There's also things like character/line limitations that can effect how the text has to be handled, if you can't find a work around. Granted, it's not like I've fan translated anything myself, but to my knowledge those are factors that have to be considered.

Also, the system needs to either be hacked and/or documented enough for the game in question to be worked on, as a fan translator isn't going to be officially allowed to touch the game's script or code. I doubt PS4 games will be accessible for fan translation for a good while; PS3 and 3DS seem to be the most recent systems to see efforts for that (even the Vita is still pretty tightly locked up if memory serves).

Sekai's more comparable to EA or some other publisher, in that they buy up translation projects and their translators after the project is finished, pay the translators something and if the project has sequels they cut the original translator and put some of their Chink translators on it (last I heard this is what is happening with Girsia, and likely what will happen with Ley Line). I'm not sure they ever had legitimacy at all, they just like attaching things with legitimacy to themselves.

Aside from the aforementioned issues, the translations they don't snipe from fan translators have never been good, and they've cut content out of several games. Specifically Chrono Clock, which likely had the sexual content restricted to just extra stuff and not in the actual game in the Japanese version due to Sekai wanting to translate it, meaning Sekai's localization affected the original development. Of course the English version won't have that content at all. And their president is such a sperg he was told not to go on 4chan anymore by other employees after he suggested a rival translation company (Mangagamer) didn't have any worthwhile licenses in a /jp/ thread.

I wouldn't have a problem with one Kickstarter, but they've got 11 thus far. It's enough to make you wonder where all the profits on these projects are going.

Sorry for my autism.

I was aware of them sniping fan translations, but not about affecting the development of actual games plus the sperging out, holy shit that's bad.

I have nothing to contribute, but thanks for making vidya great again, guys.

What a fucking asshole

Is he badmouthing the fan-translation or potential customers? What exactly happened? As long as they're delivering on every kick-starter and most people are happy with the product I don't see any issue with going back there every time. Especially with niche stuff like this it's pretty much market research.

なぜ is written 何故. you have "naze" in hiragana followed by the second kanji from the same word in kanji, like a bad copy paste job.

I was actually working on retranslating certain parts of it today using a mishmash of Google Translate and an online Japanese keyboard just to see how much they touched. Haven't gotten to the dialogue, but here's what I got:

>Iron Whale - 鉄のクヅラ (Iron Whale) There's one more character

So far, most of the renames have been either accurate, consistent or make sense (outside of Troupple King, still not sure about him).

Also, pics related.

The Alchemy Coin got a hole in it to replace the Japanese kanji that was on there originally, but the coin matches that of another Japanese coin. The Greenarmor, on the other hand, got its palette changed, and I cannot for the life of me find another enemy that shares the same shades of green and turquoise. I'm not even sure it's in the palette that this game uses (even minding the 4 colors of shame).

So, the three games that must come up are:

He's badmouthing whatever customer that bitched about his censored product he slapped a fan translation onto.

Fuck, meant to finish that. There's one more character, but I can't into Nippon so I don't know what it means.

Hey why don't you all start tweeting playasia. They want to do translations for asian market in a western playable region code. Its a very good option, imagine if the non 8-4 english version ends up selling more, that would be a great proof for companies.

Yeah that's pretty shitty.

Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are good examples but bring up how they fucked up the text or dialogue. The censorship is bad but it was most likely Nintendo who mandated it since 8-4 has a pretty good track record of that stuff when they are not working on Nintendo's stuff.

It seems that the localization job is already done. The most we can do is raise awareness and maybe prevent content from being cut / severely changed to accommodate Western sensibilities.

It's used in callsigns for ships and stuff.

Reminds me of what Ireland said a while back about people wanting accurate translations of their games not being his intended audience for vidya.

I'm not entirely sure about Sekai Project, but considering how a lot of fan translations (for console and handheld games anyhow, maybe older PC games as well) have had a "if you paid for this patch you were scammed" screen, I suppose there's an expectation of playing a fan translated game for free (the idea being that no company deemed your region worth bringing it to in the first place, and while various fan translators may advocate for importing and burning the game to patch, most people probably just grab the game's rom or ISO online). So when a game has been in the process of being fan translated, perhaps in the works for years, and a company suddenly picks up the fan translation effort (not even just opting to do it themselves from scratch) to make a profit off of, I would expect at least some people to get angry over it. But that's just off of the idea of taking a free effort and making it into a paid one. Probably more to it than that.

Huh. Does 8-4 have their own native Japanese team for their English-to-Japanese localizations that maybe isn't as cancerous as their Japanese-to-English one(s)?

Using google, apparently it's 号 and translates as "issue" or "number." Maybe some moonspeaking user can clarify.

Ah, makes sense.

Oh are Sekai project not doing what xseed did and paying the translation group for using their script. If they're just "stealing" scripts even if it is legally okay they're scumbags and nobody should support anything they do.

No idea. However, Wikipedia claims the company has their HQ in Japan, so there's bound to be some native speakers in charge.

Except if you pay attention, their complaints DO receive validation once they reach a certain threshold.

In short, 8-4 go home.

Maybe. If so it would be nice if the Japanese side could get on the western one's case about making the company as whole look bad, though maybe it's overestimating how well known 8-4's English translations are for being shit (I mean, user's seem in the know, but the average person probably isn't).

By the way, you got a link to that online Japanese keyboard you've been using? Assuming it's just a "click the character you need" sort of thing that outputs copy and pastable text, that's likely faster than just trying to hand draw shit in google translate.

It's the former.
lexilogos.com/keyboard/japanese.php

Though I did use a hand-drawn kanji search for some of the names.
kanji.sljfaq.org/

8-4 only has one office as far as I know and they're in Japan. It was started by a Japanese born woman who grew up in San Francisco and ex-EGM and 1up guys.

WELL NO WONDER, THEN.

Oh shit, you're right

Nuke it all.

No they weren't. Their first translations cut major options, and censored shit to the point the story made no fucking sense.

Localisation might make it better. I know i'll want to play it regardless. Neir had a shit framerate and set of animations on PS3 and 360, it was worth it. Didn't finish it. Got as far as past the dessert temple. Spoiled the forrest puzzle for myself by finding the exit without error.

If it's great and on PC a fan translation could fix the text if it comes across wrong. If someone cares about it in contributing it all should do well regardless how different the messages are.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they used a word for word translator program and it came out indecipherable to others. Language has more than one meaning most of the time anyway, to see the best one you should like it already.

Games should avoid pretense as much as possible. Get in see and do and then have some talking if music and looks can't conjure enough of a world.

Name one game where localization has improved things.
One. I dare you. I double dare you!

Whats that mango from user?

Remember to please de-politicize any of this efforts. This isn't about SJWs its about good translations.

Captain Harlock. The english dub and opening music is far better.

Yeah that type of shit is not gonna help. Remember better translations not politics.

Gonna be honest, even if its better i rather get the original.

Who can save us from this hell

I haven't read it yet, but looks like Deadman Wonderland. The anime was never completed due to lack of demand, but the intro is pretty damn good. I like it when people that sing in English can actually enunciate the words without their accent fucking it up.

it's Deadman Wonderland.
Pretty much what said.

You're wasting your time. The decision has been made, Yoko Taro can't change it and neither can you. Drakengard 3 sold what, 300k copies worldwide? And it was multiplatform. Losing a handful of that already very optimistic number due to angry neckbeards who even know who 8-4 is isn't enough to warrant uprooting an established business relationship.

This didn't even work when you had solid examples of 8-4 butchery. This time you're just kneejerking at the mere mention of 8-4.

Learn Japanese. It's easier than trying to influence corporate relations in another country that hates you.

wait a sec

all those had good translations, what happened?

Either they drank the SJW koolaid, or they're very susceptible to budget allocation/client directions.

Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 were handled quite well by them, honestly. Then comes Hearts R and its lazy script… All by 8-4. thankfully H:R came out undubbed
Then there's Squeenix: Nier was handled excellently, whereas Drakengard 3 was crap and Type-0 HD was Tumblr-tier.

At this point it's evident that retarded translations that don't match up the original VA work will be present. The only hope I have now is that dual audio will be present so it'll be easy to notice the problems (considering Drak 3, it's a high chance)

You know, I was excited for this game. Was.

Wait, they did Tales of Graces f?
And SCV?
What the hell happened to them lately, then? Why'd they go from "mediocre to kinda good" to "MEME RAPE TIME, FAGGOTS"

You faggots aren't going to do anything, like always.

READ the thread doucheking

And that was the absolute worst part about it, pretty much the only reason i didn't even buy it.

Yeah, i see alot of bitching , no real action .

We seem to be pissing you off so that counts as a victory in my book.

I'd like someone to name ONE FUCKING THING that any group of anons on any imageboard has managed to do EVER. Imageboards are worthless for doing anything good. Nothing will happen, 8-4 will translate the game, and they'll also translate any other games made by this dev. We won't even do a boycott, because many will get the game anyway, and even if we did we would barely touch sales figures. Delusions of grandeur for a community that has never been good for anything.

And please don't bring up GamerGate. This isn't a cringe thread.

By any chance do you live in euroarabia?

And this is why you'll never succeed.

Tox.

But the only thing that was really wrong with Drakengard 3 was it's voice direction, and Type-0 HD wasn't even done by 8-4.

I think another thing to consider as well, 8-4 has a pretty notable internship program, and get different interns pretty much every year. You could also consider the idea that for some of the more smaller projects like Hearts R or Gunvolt could be handed off to the grunts to work on.

And in comes an user with a facebook tier image to prove my point. I wonder which community has more ability to cause change of any kind, facebook or 4/Holla Forums. Probably facebook.

I already did though I've got a bid dumb grin on my face and I'm gonna jerk off then go to sleep.

I don't know what Tox is. What would it do for us in this situation?

teknik.io/

I ain't clicking that shit.

Still haven't named a single thing a chan community has accomplished. I mean, you have a creative way of calling me edgy, but I wouldn't call that an accomplishment.

Chanology and Gamergate, the former became cancer because people started taking the WE R LEGUN shit seriously, and the latter either died our in like a year or got co-opted by reddi.

This is like a goon saying they made their 10 bucks back.

Like yesterday Holla Forums made some stupid Hilary image and the media freaked out and said proof that Trump hates jews. Didn't old Holla Forums make some kid kill himself. Fox news freakouts a couple of times about hackers on steroids. Allison Rapp got outed as a prostitute and fired.

Funny thing, that's the reason why I preordered the game as soon as that was revealed before I even had a Vita in the first place.
Different strokes for different people. At the very least this move allows to easily discern the discrepancy in 8-4's work in that title (no need to know JP either, just notice how certain lines that are 3-4 words long in the audio become a 20 word monster in the text).
Then again, if you do know JP, then you can understand parts of the original meaning, so it's still a plus.

Huh? I thought it was them behind Type-0 HD. Then who was it, then?
Didn't know about the internships. That could explain the sudden changes (as in SJW interns turning up more and more)

You sound new Mr. Goalpost Mover.

stop responding to the newfag

why are her hands so wrinkly

Katawa Shoujo

>>>/hydrus/

I am an angry antisocial person and even I don't understand this

Regular members of boards like like 8ch and 4chan have done a lot of valuable whether or not in the name of those boards, whether you like it or not.

Also check out fucking agdg if you want some good things that anons of Holla Forums alone have done.

Lack of professionalism plus the inability to keep private and public matters separate. From their point of view, they "had a chance, and took it".

It also shows how lax Nintendo has become at properly filling certain positions, and for a big company such as them, that's even more strange.

Far as i'm concerned any bamco game that doesn't have a dub means that they put no effort into it, just compare shit like the Talels games or DBXenoverse to that shitty .hack clone on the vita where the whole thing reads like they just ran it through google translate and charged full retail price(or more if you imported the physical) or that digimon game where they couldn't even bother to do things like proof read or format the lines, or shit like One piece romance dawn, a generic RPG that sold itself on being scalper bait.

Square enix themselves, they're stationed in Los Angeles if that means anything to you.

Thanks.

I wouldn't say 8-4's been fine in the past (mostly hit or miss), but lately they seem more and more prone to fucking shit up. It really just seems to depend on the company that hires them and how much they actually care about what 8-4 does with the game. Looking at Tales, 8-4 handled Abyss, Vesperia, Graces, and Xillia, and for the most part did decently, but with Hearts R, Namco didn't even want to bring it west to begin with (Baba had previously gone on record saying it was one of his favorite games in the series and he wished the west could play it, but at the time Namco had zero plans to bring it into English), and with how badly they let 8-4 fuck around with it it strikes me that Namco didn't care to hold them to as tight a leash as they did with the console entries.

On a related note, while Xillia 2's credits list 8-4, 8-4 themselves don't seem to list the game as being one they worked on. Given that Xillia 2 naturally uses terminology and names from Xillia 1 for cohesion, would Namco have had to list 8-4 in the credits for X2 anyhow? Just wondering if anyone knows how exactly that works.

Might as well say Ghost Stories then, but that had the excuse of the actual Japanese side giving permission for the English team to do whatever they wanted, just that it needed to sell better since Japan hated it. Still, scenarios like that are kind of rare, and staying true to the original script is a much better idea (I think these days Ghost Stories even comes with both the gag dub and proper translation).

They've always been rather hit or miss, but back then either had a better team (or teams, not sure how many groups they actually have to work on things at once) or were less prone to fuck ups. Also, I suppose that people these days are paying more attention to the actual process behind bringing games west than they were in the past. I'd generally heard that Baten Kaitos Origins had been handled really well, but just recently people found out that 8-4 cut out the entire option for the player character (a spirit guide of sorts) to be female.

Some internal Square team, maybe? Unless they outsourced it to someone else. Also not real sure who they've been getting for handling the Bravely games, what with all the shit that's been cut out. Between that and Type-0, it's made me pretty leery of square games that come west. For example, still waiting to hear how Adventure of Mana's translation is before I get it, even with the game being cheap.

Allison Rapp is the only "accomplishment" I see here. She was hired by some other company instead anyway. The rest are fucking up Trump's shit for a day, WE R LEGUN meme that SJWs have taken over and was a joke before that (DDOSing a site for a day doesn't do anything lmfao), GamerGate which has done basically nothing but embarrass us and maybe help fucking Milo and Sargon get popular, Fox News creating Eternal September: 4chan edition, a getting a kid to kill himself. What a joke!

Why is it accepted that there wasn't anything wrong with the localization with nier? The game starts off with an absolute cringe monologue sequence. Play the game again, even though the story is good, you'll still run into awkward lines of dialog everyonce in a while.

Fuck off 8-4.

New tweets, it would appear we've pushed him to drinking again

The truth hurts.

fuck off shill

Insane based gook.

Don't you have some games to poorly translate?

Just learn japanese and fuck off

Ignorance is bliss. That's sad as hell though.

A GAY THEORY

Trying to approximate a translation back to Japanese
First line is Japanese, second is phonic, third is English equivalent i used, fourth is the original line. Don't know japanese so I cant say with any accuracy how I did

アナタ … 神によって呪わ… あほ… 利己的… セックス中毒… 愚痴の息子…ええと…
anata… Kami ni yotte norowa… aho… Riko-teki… Sekkusu chūdoku… Guchi no musuko… Ē to…
You… Cursed by god… Fool! (Idiot! Moron!)… selfish… addicted to sex… Son of bitches… Uh…
You… goddamn… stupid… selfish…. sex-crazed… son of a… Uh…

What's the context in this?

Seconding this guy
You are right. Not everything can (or should) be translated directly. There might be specific Japanese cultural nuances, or puns, or whatever that doesn't translate over correctly.
Replacing those with an appropriate substitute is fine. There's nothing wrong with that.
What's wrong is what 8-4 actually does.
They take script that is fine in English and completely cock it up. The Fire emblem Henry script is but one example.

The fuckers actually bragged and laughed about the memes they put into Xenoblade on their podcast (or so I hear - I haven't actually listened to it). It's pretty clear there's a problem with them.
pic related.

Nothing will change as long as you keep giving them your money you fucking mongoloids.

You mean besides providing 80% of the Internet's OC?

LIAR

PROOF OR SHUT UP

The character is furious and beating a dead corpse of someone he hates.

He's repeating himself like a broken record because of his mindless rage, and anons who are strange think this is a sign of poor translation.

It's not. It's a sign of poor writing since, as anyone who has played the game will tell you, that scene goes on for quite a bit and all he's doing is kicking and repeating himself.

Also, "kono" demonstrative adjective (ie this chair, this ass).

So the japfaggots are actually upset that the translators changed this:

English equivalent would be

Yeah. We really missed out on such a well-written, important and perfectly fitting line of dialogue thanks to those faggot translators changing it to something that better explains his outrage and disdain instead of sounding like a Loony Toons skit.

Drakengard has issues with translation here and there, yeah, and the EngVO is pretty garbage in comparison to the JapVO, but this instance doesn't show any of that.

It only shows that DemolitionD (the dead eceleb that made that video) and his fans who think they prefer Japanese but don't even know Japanese are a bunch of whining twits.

TL;DR Nipfags got itchy because of a superfluous line of dialogue being altered to better express outrage. Of all the evils of 8-4, this is a pointless comparison.

Also ecelebs are faggots and you can too.

I don't know if you think people are stupid but that's clearly a shitty translation, doesn't matter who or what got pissed.

How would you translate it?

Also, Taro-chan is feeling happy again after an outpouring of fans desperately coaxing him away from the roof edge.

I want to hug his giant, pale head.

Weebs are fucking sad

Marx cuckies are even sadder.

Reminder that this nigger cheated on his waifu.

Kill yourself libfag.

Wow, what a fucking shock.

oh I'm sure inserting the "stupid seflish sex-crazed piece of…" has nothing to do with why people are upset.

Oh hey look it's Mark pretending he's our spokesperson again.

>>>/wizard/

bump, in the unlikely event that anyone knows enough Japanese to critique it.
This could serve as an excellent piece of an info graph

Leave it exactly the way it is. The player should be able to infer what's happening based on what's going on. There's absolutely no need to wear everything on their sleeves and throw subtlty out the window. I can't stand a lot of translations because of that. Hell it's something Nips do in general that's very annoying.
Feels good man.

I think you're forgetting that the translation was fucking trash. They inserted lines which didn't belong in the script which ended up changing character personalities and the tone of scenes. It was straight up a shit translation.

Nice nonresponse

You too.

Can a japfag translate this? Bing a shit

Might as well post it then.

hes most likely talking about background music

I know, I just want to know what it says

Are you new or something? How did you just find out who he is?

3 words for you: Azure Striker Gunvolt.

And you don't. This is why we're anonymous. As if you could talk about dignity while using anime girls for reaction images.

The english VA choices were terrible too, I considered suicide whenever I heard Kaine speak because it was awful lines delivered through an awful VA. When will the English VA meme of "every female character must sound like an angry 15 year old boy" die? Almost all of it can be blamed on Tara Strong and Laura Bailey though.

He's just another weeaboo.

Maybe you should post what it should translate to?

Kono means 'this'. As in 'this object' or 'this person'.

In the context of the scene, it means 'You… You… You…!' Unlike the translation, no actual swears or adjectives come out - the character is so nervous that 'Kono…' is all that is said.

I know. pointed that out.
I meant maybe throw it into the infographic.

I have the exact opposite opinion

"I'm checking the BGM that came from Okabe-san. But, really, other media can't disobey musics pull……… Game systems, films and stories, all of them are musics slaves."

I'm shit at Japanese. Please no bully.

So, is he saying that media requires music?

"Musics "pull"" here being a gravitational pull, like a black hole or magnet. I was tripping over wording when I wrote it in an effort to be concise and readable.

I think he's saying everything else aint shit compared to music and they're all inexplicably bonded.

Gotcha, thanks. I can only hope that this OST is even 80% as good as Nier's

Yeah. Really, the entire tweet is just sucking Okabe's cock over how good the music is, so here's hoping.

I will cry tears of happiness if the soundtrack is even 30% as good, let alone 80.

jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/outline/
商号 株式会社スクウェア・エニックス
(英語表記: SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.)
設立 2008(平成20)年10月1日
所在地 本社
〒160-8430
東京都新宿区新宿6丁目27番30号 新宿イーストサイドスクエア  [MAP]
TEL: 03-5292-8100(代表)

事業所   大阪
代表取締役 代表取締役社長 松田 洋祐
資本金 15億円
(2015年3月31日現在)
株主 株式会社スクウェア・エニックス・ホールディングス(100%)

ドラッグ オン ドラグーン3『ドラッグ オン ドラグーン3』の公式アカウントです。公式サイトTwitter
@DOD3_PR
フォローする
RT @SaitoYosuke_Z: なんだかんだ忙しい中で一生懸命調整して、ついに #NieR のコンサートが実現しました!一緒に作り上げて頂いた関係各位の皆様には感謝してもしきれません。ニーアが好きな方、興味を持って頂いている方、是非楽しい一夜を共に過ごしましょう! htt…
2月15日
jp.square-enix.com/dod3/

That fucking explains it. Thought it was someone else but it makes fucking sense.

I don't know where this started but by all accounts 8-4 did not localize Type-0. They don't have it on the gameography of their website and Square or anyone else has not named anyone for localization. This means that most likely Square internal localized the game, which is pretty scary.

Shouldn't we try and contact Yosuke Saito? He's the producer and I suppose he is more responsible on how the game gets molded by 8-4.

Drakengard 3 was PS3 exclusive.

That would be a good idea I think the interview in the OP was with him.

The English credits for the game should list who, if any, third party teams did the localization work for Type-0. If nothing stands out, then yeah, likely an internal team if you ask me.

Yes:
But Holla Forums is too retarded to do anything right

Bump?
Also this

yes

You lazy faggot.