New WikiLeaks Vault7 Releases Athena CIA Malware

Possibly as a strategy now that Julian is potentially facing US Extradition WikiLeaks drops Athena for the masses

wikileaks.org/vault7/#Athena

Today, May 19th 2017, WikiLeaks publishes documents from the "Athena" project of the CIA. "Athena" - like the related "Hera" system - provides remote beacon and loader capabilities on target computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system (from Windows XP to Windows 10). Once installed, the malware provides a beaconing capability (including configuration and task handling), the memory loading/unloading of malicious payloads for specific tasks and the delivery and retrieval of files to/from a specified directory on the target system. It allows the operator to configure settings during runtime (while the implant is on target) to customize it to an operation.

According to the documentation (see Athena Technology Overview), the malware was developed by the CIA in cooperation with Siege Technologies, a self-proclaimed cyber security company based in New Hampshire, US. On their website, Siege Technologies states that the company "… focuses on leveraging offensive cyberwar technologies and methodologies to develop predictive cyber security solutions for insurance, government and other targeted markets.". On November 15th, 2016 Nehemiah Security announced the acquisition of Siege Technologies.

In an email from HackingTeam (published by WikiLeaks here), Jason Syversen, founder of Siege Technologies with a background in cryptography and hacking, "… said he set out to create the equivalent of the military’s so-called probability of kill metric, a statistical analysis of whether an attack is likely to succeed. 'I feel more comfortable working on electronic warfare,' he said. 'It’s a little different than bombs and nuclear weapons – that’s a morally complex field to be in. Now instead of bombing things and having collateral damage, you can really reduce civilian casualties, which is a win for everybody.'"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rODwzkYZf4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEu22KJjtU
community.spiceworks.com/how_to/57422-deploying-a-whitelist-software-restriction-policy-to-prevent-cryptolocker-and-more
noreferral.net/?https://github.com/Cybellum/DoubleAgent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GET IN HERE NEW VAULT 7

Wrong bread kek

==Athena=+

19 May, 2017

Today, May 19th 2017, WikiLeaks publishes documents from the "Athena" project of the CIA. "Athena" - like the related "Hera" system - provides remote beacon and loader capabilities on target computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system (from Windows XP to Windows 10). Once installed, the malware provides a beaconing capability (including configuration and task handling), the memory loading/unloading of malicious payloads for specific tasks and the delivery and retrieval of files to/from a specified directory on the target system. It allows the operator to configure settings during runtime (while the implant is on target) to customize it to an operation.

According to the documentation (see Athena Technology Overview), the malware was developed by the CIA in cooperation with Siege Technologies, a self-proclaimed cyber security company based in New Hampshire, US. On their website, Siege Technologies states that the company "… focuses on leveraging offensive cyberwar technologies and methodologies to develop predictive cyber security solutions for insurance, government and other targeted markets.". On November 15th, 2016 Nehemiah Security announced the acquisition of Siege Technologies.

In an email from HackingTeam (published by WikiLeaks here), Jason Syversen, founder of Siege Technologies with a background in cryptography and hacking, "… said he set out to create the equivalent of the military’s so-called probability of kill metric, a statistical analysis of whether an attack is likely to succeed. 'I feel more comfortable working on electronic warfare,' he said. 'It’s a little different than bombs and nuclear weapons – that’s a morally complex field to be in. Now instead of bombing things and having collateral damage, you can really reduce civilian casualties, which is a win for everybody.'"

Trying to hurt the U.S. is something commies always do

Fuck off Kike Julian Assange has done more to liberate the people of America from the Zionist Deep State than any many since Kennedy

The United Nations has said Assange should walk free and the US and UK are in violation of international law and the Geneva convention

Spicy

Bump

ok, nobody here is dumb enough to have that or remote registry turned on.. but at work? yup, your dilbert cube guys all have that backdoor in the work comp.

welp.

(heiled)
user you overestimate the average user.

is that bad?

yeah, if something can rewrite your dns cache, then it can redirect you anywhere.

still reading, so far, looks like they got competent non-bronys to write this malware. could be wrong tho

How do I turn it off? Please help!

FOUND THE JEW

Task manager > services
Find it and disable it

How many zero days does wikileaks have?

Your ID even looks like a burger quote.

Oy vey.

Skip ahead to near the end he gives a short speech about 5 mins ago

youtube.com/watch?v=4rODwzkYZf4

sorry posted this in the wrong thread

Whoops nevermind he talks about athena in this speech

I dont agree with the conclusion of this body language analysis video of Seth's family interview, but interesting info in the comments
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEu22KJjtU

checked

can we start a best practices for vidfags
timestamps ,date only really,in bottom right corner?

hey where's that faggot who keeps trying to say "windows is more secure than *nix"

that is demonstrably false. one could argue JA has actually done nothing at all. statistically. with the amount of time wikileaks has been operational, they would have received at least ONE incriminating document or file on someone in the deep state. actually incriminating, like a picture or video of a crime being committed, not that mental gymnastics pizzagate shit. where is it?

Are you even trying, Podesta?

I know it's Friday and it's been a tough week in the office, but man, are you fags even trying anymore?

Freedom only makes the US stronger.

ever hear of the equation group?

In my head I read this post in Podesta's voice. Sincerely spooky.

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEu22KJjtU
Bullshit, this is an extremely amateurish interpretation of bodylanguage.
The raised eyebrows and the eyes are more like an extreme form of rationalization or trying to be rational, and the son isnt giggling it is more like supressed suffering. Also the blinking of their eyes indicate they are telling the truth.

well, yeah, you are right, the NSA does some great work, but i don't have any enemies with centrifuges.

the docs say they farmed this out to one of the govt inc. places in boston.

I dont really know much about code and what previous standards you have but if i would for exploits then i would assume that the codemonkies are not really motivated giving the current flow and just do the bare minimum because it fullfills the bare minimum that is superfically expected and leave open a lot of doors for smuggers. And in way wouldnt it be like that a software fixing unit would be deminishing in effectiveness and the motivation for smugheads would increase since they would know what their goodboy counterpart is doing since they have increasingly more to gain.
Esp. knowing that the good boys would lose faith since they know that smug lesbians are now something they are presented as, which is true to some extend.

You do not even need that, it would be usefull but in essence the people feel that there is something not going the right way and they will develop their own theories about what is going to find an explanation or rationalization.
And what reddit tier friends do not know is that a self fullfilling prophecy always has its root in something intrinsic.

365 (Year 0 ?)

>On November 15th, 2016 Nehemiah Security announced the acquisition of Siege Technologies.

Reloading his OS 'cause it got haxored probably.

(((Nehemiah)))

every fucking time.

I am a complete retard. How do I turn it off in Botnet 10?

* Win + X
* Command Prompt (Admin)
* Type "services.msc"
* Sort by name and find "Routing and Remote Access"
* Right click, properties, set startup type to disabled.

I'm not sure this will actually help though, it might even be the default setting. Consider looking into using Local Group Policy (gpedit.msc) to lock things down, e.g. if you do the following then a lot of malware will be prevented from running in the first place. But make a restore point first in case you fuck up …

community.spiceworks.com/how_to/57422-deploying-a-whitelist-software-restriction-policy-to-prevent-cryptolocker-and-more

Anyone who thinks that the CIA doesn't have privilege escalation zero-days for *nix is retarded. They throw billions of dollars a year at redfor teams to find and catalog these things for use in operations. Dirty COW was just found last year and was around for almost a decade.

Only the alpha version uses RemoteAccess, they moved onto a more recent service to hijack with bravo, Dnscache.

As cool as Athena's persistence vectors are, DoubleAgent is better. If you're interested in some of EG's other persistence techniques, look at their documents on UEFI injection for persistence and ring0 code execution, it can persists formats.

noreferral.net/?https://github.com/Cybellum/DoubleAgent

Alright, thanks! The more locked down my system is, the better.

How valid are of these CIA hacking tools?

I got a REALLY corrupt mayor in my town that's stealing land from people and generally being a horrible asshole (even took the house from a friend after her mother with mental problems burned down all of their papers and died of a stroke)
I'd like to dig into his computer

Good job you discussed your planned crime on a public forum first then, being sure to include personally identifiable details

We're supposed to be smarter than this.

Is there any way other than using a pre 2000 PC to avoid being spied on? I never thought it was this bad.

No there isn't. Just assume the personality of some random famous poster(s), copy their writing style(s) and filenames, do what you can concerning OpSec, and the government will be still able to spy on you but not determine your real views.

Yeah, it's in systemd. I don't use that spyware.

Redmond.

Which major of which town in which country (hint - not US)?
I left no information of value.