twitter.com/producerjohan/status/412938699077197824
eu4wiki.com/Idea_groups#Expansion
youtube.com/watch?v=a24Uvc7JiYU
my.mixtape.moe/xuejhb.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/sqrsmi.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/ftsaah.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/huqwbl.hoi3
ntcore.com/exsuite.php
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-turns-over-a-new-leaf-with-plantoids-species-pack.957245/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolia
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847/
vitosha.one/index.php
8ch.net/v/res/10090112.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The scheduled MP HOI3 game will return as usual this Sunday, at 20 UTC.

Current date: 5 April, 1939

Countries in use:

As usual, you can leave messages and get in touch with people at discord.gg/YfEWu

Uncanny.

Third for NWO needs an HPM converter.

So, this is my Spain, first play through and shit, came from CKII.

I want to take over Portugal, but the faggots are allied to England. Been trying to improve relationships with France since it's England's natural enemy and rival, but the relationship froze at +3 and won't raise anymore.

Wat do?

I'm using extended timeline btw.

Get in good with Scotland and station troops there for easy England-beating. Then invade Portugal. Then kill yourself because EU4 is shit. Then colonize America or something.

Why are you playing HoI3 multiplayer instead of DH? Is the DH bad or what?

Because HOI3 is better at doing stuff at the tactical level and actually fighting wars. Hence it's better for a WWII multiplayer.

I'm having fun.

DH is good but you need to use gameranger or hamachi in order to set up a multiplayer game which some people were opposed to if I remember correctly

Does the grand campaign mod work with existing saves from 1920?

Get out of this site

Didn't the guy who coded the shit for pops quit/get fired?

I heard he developed the market system?

Is that the real reason they're averse to creating Vicky 3, instead of the official "Not enough people bought Vicky 2 to warrant Vicky 3"?

Well whatever he did, he's no longer there, and now if they did make Vicky 3 it'd be a piece of shit with sprinkles and mana.

How is our /his/, does anyone know? I heard that 4chan's was pretty much reddit, though I never went to their /his/

wasted opportunity

wew

Best board

Dead board.

Paradox are at it again…

Why, God? Why?

Just like in real life!

is the 2nd picture actual propaganda or an edit?

Nuke Sweden.

From what I gather, actual WWII propaganda. I didn't edit it.

Can a puppet state rebel? Greece's got a pretty high belligerence score.

Also is it worth it to invest in some airborne troops? I've been doing okay research wise and since I ignored everything except torpedo and submarines I don't really have to waste anything else on a navy.

I know you guys hate HOIV but does anyone have good strategies for Fascist Italy First?
I keep losing Romania and Spain to Allies and Axis respectively
Should I invade Austria before Anschluss to calm Germany down? Will I get rekt by Germany?
How does one fuck up Malta and Cyprus I had to invade Malta 3 times with 8divisions before I got it

For malta and Cyprus did you use paratroopers or marines? I did paratroopers and got it on my first try no problem. Same with cyprus.

Also, I would not risk a war with Germany. You could easily win due to the fact that they never garrison their southern border but you risk losing too much precious manpower…. manpower that would be better spent taking colonies and defending the homefront.

I've never tried Italy first but I have played the historical route as Italy so this is just speculation but hopefully still somewhat helpful.

Also, in general I prefer paratroopers over marines 100% of the time.

Just regular divisions that might be why it was hard
But fucking air combat is so shit in HOIV and Italy is not the best at airplanes anyway
but if I invade Austria before Germany annexes it would that give me more time to make my empire or would they just get butthurt and invade me?
Italy is a very fun country for noobs like me
Get an easy victory over Ethiopia and then so many choices on where to go
Only bad thing is Italy is so weak it takes a long time to build its manufacturing up and you can get gangraped by the Allies if you arent careful

The shieldmaiden meme needs to die a painful death. However, the second idea sounds relatively interesting, though it will undoubtedly be implemented in an extremely half-assed and shallow manner.
I would like to see women, specifically wives, having a more active, behind the scenes sort of role in some administrative capacities. Half of the wife's ability levels contributing to the "state" levels doesn't cut it.

I plan to RP a Rome that will have conservatives value but can adapt to changes around it so i wanted to know your opinions on what choices you recommend on the following: EU III Forms of Government
National ideas
Domestic policy sliders.

Vicky 2 Tech schools Forms of government Ideology Political reforms Social reforms National focus.

Hoi 3 Neutral, Allied, Facist or Comitern, Civil Law Conscription Law Economic Law Education Investment Law Industrial Policy Law Press Law Training Law

Intermarium soon.

>realize Germany only consists of the German region, not the German culture group
Guess I'll just form HRE as Holland then.

What game?

lol not lol

Great, now besides a dozen old men with single digit stats demanding council positions I'll have old women doing the same, thank you greatest ally.

Why are you upset? If I remember correctly, becoming a cultural union state gives you a casus belli on all provinces within that culture group. So become Germany and unite your people.

Really? I didn't know that. I'll have to try that, thanks. I really wanted to form Germany and then cultural shift back to Dutch so I could have Dutch Germany, but I don't think there's enough Dutch provinces for them to be a majority over all the Saxon provinces you need to form Germany.

Dutch is so small that it's pretty hard to culture shift to at all. Let alone from a culture as large as Saxon.

Only real way to do it would be to become Germany, create vassals everywhere except your Dutch provinces, then spend the next 50 years annexing your vassals again.

Yeah, that's what I figured
damnit

My 2 interceptors that each have an air attack of 31.7 get obliterated when trying to stop the CAGs

Time to reload from my last save :^)

btw, my ships start off at full health, they weren't damaged before the attacks. It's ridiculous how powerful these CAGs are in black ice when taking out ships. There's literally no point in building battleships or battlecruisers. Just carriers carrying cags, and all other capital ships can go fuck themselves.

It's dead, but the sticky has good resources.

Having intelligent women exert power through male relatives would be cool, but I have no idea how that could be practically implemented.

The same way everything else is in CK2, through events. If you have a dumb-ass ruler with a smart wife, you should get more events related to that. Bad ones if she's a bad person, good ones if she's kind.

The gender equality slider they implemented was pretty much the worst option. Same with the "smart woman comes to court" events they are doing now.

I'm almost positive the ASOIAF mod had this sort of stuff years ago.

Even more hilarious

Just fuck my kingdom up.

All this shit achieves is make me hate Swedes and Feminists more. What are they hoping to achieve with this? It's fucking counter productive

Virtue signalling + a forum full of beta lickspittles who make them think that's what the community wants.

Pretty much what said. Plus, they're trying to get more money with some pandering, since even if 1 in 30 people who "approve" of this buy the game, it's already more cash gained than what their loyal fanbase brings to the table.
Also, let's be honest: paradrones keep buying their shit anyway so it's not like they are losing sales by doing this.

More like Holla Forums is strongly influenced by that time period. The sad part is that they aren't completely wrong either. Makes one wonder what could have happened if the japanese weren't completely retarded.

About the MP: I have an inkling Italy will be the dark horse of the game, mostly because the Pastas aren't receiving a lot of attention. Oh, and next game should feature human Hungary. We are currently at 1:3:5 players, Commintern-Allies-Axis.

Well I did buy HoI3 on sale, but I couldn't even finish a HoI4 game, let alone felt the urge to buy it, so they lost my sheckels, at least.

To be fair, had the war continued in its couse and Hitler took out the Soviets (and got around to FINALLY invade the brits), they would've been able to take down USA, and set Japan up as a superpower, as well as giving it a foothold in Americas for future expansion. It was a high risk high gain gamble, which they lost.

I'd be interested in join the MP. Are there any spots that need a player?

To be even more fair, the whole world thought that the Soviets were about to lose Moscow and capitulate within a week. The German push was called off December 6th, the day before Pearl Harbor and way too late to change anything. It was especially surprising considering that the Soviet military was considered significantly weaker than France's.

I just started a CK2 game as a vassal on a 2.3.3 pirate copy that lacks Conclave. Does it improve the experience? Should I get it?

You cannot even use Conclave unless you play 2.5.x, and you do not want to play 2.5.x, so no.

Too bad General Winter coming early is never getting the respect it deserves for turning the tide like the Kamikaze did.

We are looking for people who could commit to a game weekly if possible. That said, the Allies could use another player. Italy has eaten Greece and Yugoslavia, but everyone else but the ones I wrote in the second post + Hungary are free. France or Poland would be cool, but the war will begin soon, so not a lot of buildup would be possible.

Why not?

It's the patch that EU-ified CK2. Shattered retreats and all that crap.

lel
what movie?

I am trying to combine the Random HOI IV and the extended rework mod so that the former has the latter's tech/units. I have succeeded in doing so, but the AI does not utilize anything except T1 artillery, infantry weapons, and support equipment.
How can I fix this?

If it's alright with you guys I'd play France + someone else (Canada probably), since I assume France is beyond saving at this point.

I wouldn't say it's beyond saving, but yeah, the situation isn't good at all. I'm ok with this.

As the USSR i'd be willing to take on a somewhat experienced player to help micro. Or if they want less responsibility they could play Sinkiang, who will probably get a decent amount of action and has a sizable military.

Adding majors out of nowhere is upsetting to the balance of the game. New players should pick a minor. The current game was a long time coming.

I really don't see what the problem is, since France is probably the weakest major, and Axis is getting Hungary.

I don't see a problem with him picking France, the allies need another player anyway

That or Italy.
They are?

There's plenty of allied countries that aren't France.

Well that was fun, papacy is OP as fuck though.

3/10 would not bang

I know the logic you're going by but isn't that the OPPOSITE of supply and demand?

The combat in CK2 has never been good. What about the rest of the game?

While I agree on principle with the "newcomers pick minors" thing since they aren't regulars and we simply don't play if we are missing a major player, I hardly think 1939's France is going to upset the game's balance.

I mean, Germany can fire Danzig or War at any moment now. There will be no buildup for him. I doubt France is going to last one game session, and he has already said he'll pick a minor afterwards. Plus, the France AI spent most of their IC those last three years making /ships/. Historical, yes, but also incredibly stupid in hindsight.

Apparently. One guy came to the Discord and asked to join as Hungary. With the addition of Natchi(the 8th major since it's unified), the Axis will have 5 human players, 4 of which majors.

Italy has had 3 years to buildup and has annexed Greece and Yugoslavia. AI France in '39 is by far the weakest major.

Low demand means single sale needs to make more money for the enterprise to be profitable. Especially true for digitally distributed software. This is not rocket science.

By "low demand", "niche" is meant.

I meant low demand. Niche could easily be a big one.

Yeah, France vs. Germany + Italy is basically dead meat in MP in the best of situations. With France missing out on 80% of its production thanks to the AI building forts and ships it's not even close unless the UK is extremely good and willing to go all-in in Europe.

Wait, you guys have Natchina joining the Axis? That's very OP for the Axis already. Adding France isn't even close to having a whole major switch sides entirely. Poor Soviets are probably screwed.

For reference, this is what has happened so far(April 5, 1939):

Axis

Comintern

Allies

Vassal management is more of a pain than ever (DON'T BLOB, GOY!!!) because now they all want a seat on your council and get buttmad if you don't pick them, even if their stats are complete shit.

Yes but the Allies have USA.
I don't think UK would be able to do much. Also, due to houserules, USA can't participate until the Fall of France. Spain might be able to help, but it's Spain.

Is Republican Spain in the Allies? If so then France might have a small chance. But if France falls then it sounds like the Axis almost has this in the bag. There's basically no way that the Soviets can stand up to Germany/Italy/Japan/China together, with the Axis invading from West, East and South.

If this guy still wants it I'd be happy to coop and take control of one of the USSR's fronts for him.

USA can't do anything to hurt the Axis if the Soviets fall. Even infinite IC is useless when the ports simply can't supply an invasion force capable of stopping the entire undivided attention of the combined Axis army. And once the Soviets are down the Axis will have way more IC.

Ey fags what the fuck should I do? Kebab warned me and Ragusa is basically untouchable. I managed to snatch Dalmatia only because Venice got btfo by basically everyone so it had to release a shitload of nations, Croatia included.

Ragusa is allied with Venice btw, and if shit's long-lasting I'll try to exploit that alliance to snatch both Ragusa, Istria and Durres whenever that stupid warning expires (in 10 years, fuck me sideways.)

In the meantime, wat do?

Since you're going after Ragusa, I assume you're aiming for Yugoslav/Serbian Empire borders uniting the Balkans segueing into a new Byzantium, right? Why not shift plans to a Carpathian border? Can you handle the Magyars at this juncture? If not, which Italian statelets could you subdue to pass the time?

That sounds fairly realistic and might not make me give up out of boredom after 50 to 100 years.
But how is playing as a vassal?

Yeah I'm aiming for Yugoslavia, you can create the kingdom with the extended timeline mod. I could snatch the rest of Croatia from the Hungarians, but kebab has warned me and they'll surely join the war if I try to do anything funny (I thought it wasn't possible to hate the turks even more, but this game showed me hatred has no bounds.) And sadly, Dracula has made me his enemy, so improving relationships and having an alliance/royal marriage is nigh impossible.

I'm trying to bait Ragusa into a war with Bosnia since I released them as my vassals, but it seems unlikely they'll attack them. They DO have claims in Hum and Travunia, though. Perhaps should I release Montenegro as well? They also have a claim on Zeta.

I honestly have no idea what to do, right now I'm amassing money and 'modernizing' my Balkan shithole with churches and pumping up production everywhere except Kosovo.

What I had planned to do was form Yugo -> somehow form Romania -> Ally Muscovy if they ever get their shit together and turn into Russia -> free Byzantium -> remove kebab from the face of earth. Fucking turks and their bullshit warnings.

Don't warnings only count for nations that share a border with the warner, not the warned? Or does it count if the warned borders the warner, with it leapfrogging over to count those immediately bordering the warned party as bordering the warner?

The Allies aren't going to let the USSR get defeated so easily. There will be lend lease and the Axis will be under constant threat. Once they do fall however, the Axis still wouldn't have the VOs they need. If they can't get them, the game would likely have to drag out until 1948 and the faction with the most VPs wins.

Shit you're right, I can collectively beat the fuck outta Hungary along with polan and Ă–sterreich, too bad Australia has got some claims on Croatia, but fuck it, I'll amass even more shekels and wait till Austria's petty war with the frogs is over.

Glad to be of service. Best of luck throwing out the roaches down the line.

I frankly don't remember if they actually joined the Allies, but I'd hazard a yes. Will they make any difference against the Wehrmacht? I have no idea.

This is true. Considering China's main strength is their manpower and 5 players will be gunning for the USSR at the same time, the commies will be outmatched in bodies, attention to battles and maybe tech, depending on how Germany/Italy/Japan is spending their leadership. Another body to help micro would really help.

IC is the least of problems for the Comintern. The Axis need 12 of 15 VCs to win, USSR alone is worth 4, only 2 are in US soil(technically, 1 + 1 on the Philippines). USSR falls, Commintern loses(and so does the Allies), unless the Axis make the blunder of the century somehow.

Spain is just a road to Gibraltar.
The USSR can use some help considering that its player is somewhat inexperienced.
IC is always a top concern for the USSR. They have endless resources and MP, so IC is their bottleneck. In other words, more IC = stronger USSR. The USA usually overpowers Japan, so getting places like Singapore, Manila, and Port Moresby isn't so simple. This isn't the AI. The USA has a doomstack in the Phillipines and has heavy garrisons and coastal forts all along the Pacific and their mainland. The alternative would be an invasion of the UK but that's not so simple either, especially since the USA will probably have a heavy presence there too. IMO once the USSR is taken out, the game will turn into a stalemate.

Just to throw some estimated numbers out, I'd probably want 75-100 divisions as France to have a chance of holding off Germany alone (for Italy another 20 or so). AI would probably only have 50 (of worse quality), leading to an immediate loss. A Spanish player could be expected to supply 20-30 divisions, enough to hold off Italy in the Alps and possibly send some to help up north.

I'd say the actual bottleneck is leadership (= officers). USSR easily has enough IC to spam out hundreds of infantry divisions to hold the line, the trouble is that they'll have less than 50% officer ratio and therefore actually not be able to hold anything.

China is in this situation too and they have almost as much leadership as the USSR.

Japan is probably the weakest point for the Axis, but if the Soviets fall then the amount of IC that the Axis can just throw into airpower means that every fleet in the UK/Phillipines will be annihilated and every Allied airport will be reduced to rubble

Man playing as the Balkans sure is hard. I think it's because I'm in the Balkans and this place has always been a shithole where everyone hates each others guts.

I also got fucked up by Hungary, they allied with the turks last moment and I got fucked over, stayed until the game over like a true slav would've done. 10/10 had fun. I had no idea they could actually ally those animals.

Anyways, I'll start again but in 1402 (that's when Serbia broke free from kebabistan) turkroaches are probably gonna warn me, so I gotta take Albania FAST and hopefully get in bed with Dracula. Everything else I'll just blob, but Wallachia is the fucking key for my survival, as they are a border against Hungary and the roaches.

Is there a way to cause unrest among allies and hopefully make them break? Venice holds that one province in Albania with a +10% to trade power and I NEED it.

Also, if I do begin as Bosnia, would the turks not be able to warn me since we don't share a border? That'd mean I could freely blob and even take Vlora from that one non-byzantine Greek state. If so, could I somehow do a 'culture change' and turn into Serbia in order to get those sweet military-centered civ bonuses? Bosniaks share the same culture as Serbians, but their civilization bonuses are different (they're more diplo-centered, -5% tech cost, more diplomats and generals), or even Montenegrins for their defensive bonuses.

Keep in mind that Spain was AI for a long time.

Leadership will definitely be a problem for the SU, but they don't need a big technological focus.

Japan and China can hold the line just fine, the problem is making offensive operations.

Apologies. I looked it up again; apparently, Send Warning's bordering-warner-only effects are no longer true. It's for any aggressive war by the warned. My fault for not checking more thoroughly, the Wiki is apparently outdated alongside the tooltips. Still stupid.

I wouldn't know, I'm just a lurker with a vague understanding of some parts of each game.

Since Paradox fucked up the EU3 'declare sphere' mechanic twice over with the warning mechanic, no, they'll still do it if they feel threatened. Warned borders do not matter.

No. National ideas are tied to the starting nation. If you form a new state, it'll use your specific forming nation's ideas. As example. Russia starts with Muscovy's ideas, but if you form Russia with Novgorod, you will still have Novgorodian ideas. The same with Tver, if you're completely insane.

I actually got a friend of mind to coop with me, sorry, but a France and a Canada sounds pretty helpful.

Welp, now i gotta somehow vassalize Wallachia and get Hungary and Venice to spit Croatia.

What

Three Kingdoms tv series. The whole thing is on youtube.

Ok /gsg/, my only exposure to grand strategy was HoI3 which I played a fair bit without the BlackICE mod a few years ago meaning I can't remember much of the game apart from painful trade shit and finicky military micro as big nations.

I have pirated HoI4 today and went through the tutorial. So far the only thing I miss is the espionage stuff and the Hitler mana is an ass of a system but army control and production is actually way easier to use than in 3.

What other problems are there with HoI4 apart from the jewish price?

Delete it.

Any reason in particular?

It is garbage.

Can it work as a decent entry-level game into Grand Strategy genre?

All Paradox gsgs are entry level.

That leaves about two of them that aren't.

Just pick up Darkest Hour and play as a nation who's not about to be raped to death, the ai handles a lot of what seems intimidating herself. Or CK2 as an Irish count or something.

thank you for the info, have a picardia

Well, there really is no need to start from brain death every time you try something new.

Is this even a good idea anymore? With Ireland being tribal and all.

1066 start

I played some more now, the AI is fucking trash, what the fuck is this?

You should have listened.

Can't believe people paid $90 for this.

I'm amazed Paradox dared to release it so soon after Stellaris. It's like they don't feel the need to keep up any sort of appearances of quality now that the chinks bought them.

You answered it yourself:

It's a game made to grab people from the Stellaris hype wave and/or people that have never played a HOI game before. Paradox already has a story of making retarded AI, but this time they made it so anyone can grab it and play, so they said "fuck it" to the AI and has been shilling the multiplayer ever since day 1.

Frankly, HOI IV would work as an ipad/phone game if Paradox was any good at maximizing the performance of their games.

Have you played with all the expansions, including TFH? The OP image is correct: the expansions are nigh-mandatory. I say that because trading is /far/ from being painful in HOI3 TFH, but I have never played the game without all the expansions.

I bought HoI3 with all expansions today off of a ruski site for like 12 bucks.
Should I try vanilla with expansions first or jump straight into BlackICE?

Vanilla first. You need to at least know what you're doing in base HOI3 before jumping to BI, it's more complex than the base game.

Also, you could have just pirated it.

If I want to play EU3 for the first time, are there any essential mods I should DL?

I can't believe Paradox has been trying to make multiplayer focused GS. I mean, I would love to play a massively multiplayer GS of some 8-20 or more players all in the one area, but the reality of it is the internet is unreliable, the games are unreliable and if you want to play with lots of people you have to play on a really slow speed so they can manage their shit. You can't just accelerate for a few weeks until your troops have moved into place or your truce has ended.

Can you believe that Johan seriously thought that EU4 would become an E-sport?

Oh no, the MP they are aiming for is 2-4 people, so they can finish a game in 1-3 sessions, tops. Considering the number of MP games I've seen formed so far, all with people with legit copies, I say they were successful so far. Now to watch the hype wave disperse in a few months.

Newer versions of BlackICE are a bit broken. You'll know what I mean one you start playing. It also has more complexity and management in general. Vanilla is simpler. The nice thing about BI is that it expands certain scenarios and gives you more gameplay options. If you're looking for a simpler mod you might like RandomHoI, WW1 mod(simpler than vanilla IMO), or Historical Plausibility Project. You can also join our MP game this Sunday. You can play a neutral country. Watching us will help you learn and you can ask questions.

EU3 vanilla is pretty good by itself. Consider Civilization Universalis(can't remember if it works for DW), Whole World Mod, or Extended Timeline.

This is a good thing, although their implementation of it is bad.

Luckily Paradox's target audience, the in-house LAN group, has no such issues.

A single game of EUIV on 2-speed (a reasonable speed to react to events like war without getting jacked) takes literal days to finish.

Welcome to HOI IV

I have played HoI3 before just without all the expansions so I'll be ok.
How hard could these grand strategy games be, right? :^)

HoI3 without expansions? Sounds like a nightmare.

rekt

Now that I finished China the next logical target is Russia, but it would be such a pain in the ass to invade in terms of length of time I'm not even sure I want to…

Finished my first EU3 full playthrough not too long ago as Hesse trying to form Germany.
Currently playing as Prussia in EU4, once again trying to form Germany.

How would you faggots say I'm doing?

>no greater poland
>no silesia
>no schleswig-holstein

Please tell me there's a link for this monumental idiocy.

archive.is/TG7PQ
twitter.com/producerjohan/status/412938699077197824

Cricket requires actual skill and talent to play professionally.

>TIME TO GO NUCLEAR!

Pic related. That said, what a coincidence. I'm playing huezil in HOI3 right now.

Kebab removal in process. Allied with the Mamelukes and they called me to war against kebabistan, naturally I accepted and fought along them and their heretical allies, only to get enough warscore in order to free Bulgaria and Byzantium (Tsargrad.)

I bailed out after getting what I wanted kek, the Mamelukes are still getting fucking rekt by the turkroaches and Europe is a bit more free from the turks. I also vassalized Bulgaria like a year after the war. Gotta say that shit left me tired and almost bankrupted.

Also, all those shitty middle-eastern countries fed me their 'gifts' somehow, as I got like 200 gold in pure tributes, maybe they were excited about me removing kebab.

Now I'm about to form Yugoslavia since I've got all my cores (managed to get Hungary to spit Croatia after they got out of this bullshit personal union with Savoy.)

Are you playing DH Light? Also what's wrong with your counters?

Those personal unions are absolute bullshit. In my game, Austria had a personal union with Hungary, then inherited them on a 6% chance, now France has a personal union with Lithuania somehow.

I decided to go with Lite for the first time. But I'll be switching to Full as soon as this campaign ends.

Yeah it's bullshit, because Savoy was allied to France. What comes next is the full annexation of Bulgaria, reclaim Transylvania from Hungary and turn them into my bitches (Hopefully I'll turn them into a march or some shit, I've got no intentions on annexing since Poland, Bohemia, Austria has got claims all over the place, poor Hungary because yurope's little bitch. Maybe I'll get that one province with the gold mine, but that's it.)

Also, what's better for colonization, expansion or exploration ideas? I'm gonna colonize the new world or afrika.

I haven't played CK2 since Conclave. Is there a fix for the shitty, forced badboy mechanic, or should I not bother?

eu4wiki.com/Idea_groups#Expansion
Have a look. Probably expansion for africa.

This game.

First time I've seen AI Hungary become a GP.

Post the one where he zooms out and he lost half of Germany

I like the one where he only remembers the Prussian front as Poland when an event comes up to notify him that Warsaw has fallen.

This is their target audience now.

I never kept the webm, so I'm re-downloading the video to make the webm again. Apparently, Arumba has disabled comments for all his videos now. I guess people were calling him out for being a fucking retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=a24Uvc7JiYU (the salt)

Sounds fake as fuck.

HOI3 MP game starting in one hour and a half

No, he really is that stupid. Every ounce of his attention was dedicated to some worthless campaign against Yugoslavia and Romania. Completely ignoring all other fronts, never noticing Italy getting raped even when he could directly see the invasion.

Listen closely. When he moves the camera, he speeds up what he's saying, as if he has an script and didn't give himself enough time to say it all. Then he throws the most fake "holy shit, what the fuck" I have ever seen. If he was actually surprised he would have stopped himself/swore from the get go.

I have seen fagplier doing the exact same thing before

If you watch the video he actually manages to not have anything but yugoslavia and romania on screen for like 30 mins straight. He's actually that myopic.

He also legitimately rages when people make fun of him for being bad and deletes all comments on youtube, because he thinks he's "good". Anyone who is fucking up intentionally for the camera would just be chill and leave the comments up because that actually gives them more money.

If he was faking he wouldn't be so assblasted by people calling him out for sucking.

Oh Man Hoi3 Is there any room left

Always room for more Allied minors

Brazil, Australia, or Mexico could be good choices.

my.mixtape.moe/xuejhb.hoi3
mp_Germany1939_04_05_01.hoi3

There is. Jump in.

Only if you want to be on the losing side.

I'm getting Error 522 for the save download

I think something is iffy with that site. Can you try again? It worked for me.

It just now worked for me.

Works for me as well.

Rehosted.

Do you seriously believe that noblewomen had absolutely no influence on their husbands or their husbands' domains?

Get in here natchi you silly gook

Rehosting. Be sure to restart your game if your checksum changes(it tends to become HSGK)

We're having a tough time getting this game up. I wonder what is causing all the crashes. We've never had this problem before.

Game is down for 2 min to edit NatChi into the Axis. Everyone need to dl the new save Endall will be posting at any moment now.

Maybe it gets unstable with that many players

Italy here, I think I'm the only one crashing. Tried deleting map cache to no avail. I'm going to do the steam game cache verification thing and see if that helps

How in the world do you do it? I see CHI= but I don't see anything about being in a faction.

Search for faction= and you'll find the list of countries in it.

search for faction={axis=

Search for the faction, not the country. Should look like

faction={axis=
{
progress=591.000
country="GER"
country="ITA"
country="HUN"
country="JAP"
country="MAN"
country="MEN"

And just add
country="CHI"

my.mixtape.moe/sqrsmi.hoi3

No name change?

Name stays the same.

Oh boy

How long will that take?

How can this even happen? It is not detecting all mods as defective parts, right?

my.mixtape.moe/ftsaah.hoi3
mp_Germany1939_04_18_00.hoi3

did you change the .exe after verification?

I didn't change the .exe back but I probably should

my.mixtape.moe/huqwbl.hoi3
mp_Germany1939_06_19_11.hoi3

Italy, Hungary, where are you?

im checking cash also changing it so i can use more ram 2 seconds

I'm uploading the fancy .exe for him because he couldn't figure out how to sign up for a paradox account

ffs.

Download/install this ntcore.com/exsuite.php

Right click tfh.exe on the hoi3 folder, click on the file header tab, then on the retangle named "click here", and mark "app can use >2GB RAM" in the options. Save and exit.

There, podcat's bs without podcat's bs or a paradox account.

I ran out of over 10000 fuel in a week because black ice said i was trading away 400 of it daily which is not true, i don't export fuel at all.

would it be cheating to use the console commands to keep giving myself unlimited fuel?

It is currently 15/12/39. Here's a map of the world.

The war started 12/09/39. Poland fell quickly and Molotov-Ribbentrop was imposed. This was followed by a subsequent invasion of Denmark, Norway, and the low countries. Denmark fell quickly and the UK took over Greenland and Iceland. There was a hiccup while taking Norway and some naval and air action between Germany and the UK. Norway will fall soon as Oslo is empty. I guess that makes it an open city? The Netherlands have been completely taken over and Belgium is currently being invaded. France is human in this session, so the invasion is going slower than usual. Italy puppeted Bulgaria and Romania joined by itself. China annexed Tibet.

Just give yourself a little bit of fuel. We have a player in our MP game having the same problem. It's odd. Perhaps a bug with the game?

Two possibilities:

1. You have units on allied soil. You'll automatically trade away fuel and supplies to them to supply your units.

2. You recently captured a new beachhead or rebased a bunch of ships and the AI is filling up a new stockpile in the port. Each new landmass has its own separate stockpile and your main stockpile will be depleted to keep a certain amount of supplies and fuel available for the units that need it.

USA here.

The first third of the game is quite boring for the USA - mostly I sat on my thumbs and built stuff while waiting for the time to fight. And by that I mean I've spent 10 hours in this game and no nazis were fought. Anyway, circa '38 I decided to declare war on the french as a sort of wake-up call for them, hoping they'd organize their army better before Germany's attack. Also to stave off some boredom.

Instead, the frenchies went for a full-on assault on my bases in the Pacific, plus the Philippines. Beating 2-3 full corps of Germans with ARMOR inside the Philippines wasn't what I signed up for, but hey, this was different so I didn't complain. Much. Also, fuck their navy.

It's almost 1940, we have an actual French player now(it still boogles me how the France AI is better than Japan's at naval invasions), and our houserules don't allow me to join the fight until France falls. Or late 41. That means I should be away from the action for a while yet, building up for war.

I meant frenchmen. Damn nazis and their subliminal propaganda. No wonder poor Roosevelt went insane.

should I turn the mideast christian?
y/n
And should I turn it catholic, orthodox or coptic?

What differences are there even for Coptic?

your religious head is the pope of alexandria, other than that it is the same as orthodoxy.
Historically they have been an orthodox heresy.

In ck2 with the console is possible to see who was the real killer when my character died "under suspicious circumstances"?

Maybe, it's been awhile since I've played.

On another note, what's the best Victoria 2 mods right now? I want to play again and New World Order just doesn't appeal to me all that much.

I warred Russia/Japan and did a Pearl Harbor style attack, except with nukes.

Don't let them tell you otherwise, it was Yugoslavians the first people to circumnavigated the world.

Rubbish I say

[freedom intensifies]

Are you faggots ready for Yugoslavian Afrika? I'll make sure to keep Rhodesia and South Africa free from melanin-enriched folk.

Western faggots can keep their shitty America, I have like 300 years to make Africa truly great before the scramble for Africa begins.

Colonize Australia next.

bump

Bumping with some brazilian-style diplomacy.

event = {
id = 804002
random = no
country = BRA

# triggered by 804001

name = "The Happy Birthday telegram"
desc = "GetĂşlio Vargas had the idea to send a telegram to Adolf Hitler to wish him a happy birthday, using it as an opportunity to convey Brazilian ambiguity, masterly playing both sides, Allies and Axis, against each other. It said, 'best wishes for your personal happiness and for the prosperity of the german nation.'"

style = 0
picture = telegram

action_a = {
name = "Let's play with the major powers! - Send the telegram"
ai_chance = 90
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 1 }
command = { type = setflag which = fuhrer_telegram }
}
action_b = {
name = "Do not send the telegram"
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = -1 }
}
}

Sicily is the secret to making the piss-poor AI bleed themselves off.

Just station men in Messina and watch as the combined arms of Italy and Germany try desperately to attack from across the strait. Fucking hell did that turn me off from that game.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-turns-over-a-new-leaf-with-plantoids-species-pack.957245/

And so it begins…

How are the three latest EU IV DLCs (Common Sense, Cossacks, Mare Nostrum)?

I'm still playing 1.11.4, the patch before common sense (no bullshit forts, buildings cost mana, no province upgrade shenanigans)

Not sure if I even want to bother with the new DLC, found the fortress changes in 1.12 so fucking annoying already.
Are things better now?

They got infinitely worse. Mana bullshit especially so.

Fucking Jews. It's not like Stellaris is good to begin with.

I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Inb4 different colors of non-human species for more diversity.

So they're shitting out micro-DLCs already. Unsurprising. At least I won't meet ayys that are just recolors of each other after I pirate this shit.

Can't comment on Common Sense since I've only played with it and I haven't touched Mare Nostrum, but Cossacks is really just some little meddling for the sake of it. The estates change your income a bit and give you dumb options like redeeming loyalty for five free heavy ships. You get to set a policy for handling natives, which gives you a few bonuses depending on which you pick, and there's now a button to split your ships into damaged and undamaged groups. Those are pretty neat.

That's all I've noticed. They changed one of the eastern religions, but I haven't given that one a go. It's not worth buying for anything more than a couple of pounds on sale.

Also, the revised random new world they did for free sucks. It too often produces too much open ocean with tiny, copy-pasted islands in between.

You have apparently tested it, there should be no need to play Stellaris until miracle happens and the paid patches fix the game.

I like how they didn't even bother showing the new sprites.

Yeah, after crushing the encirclement that game became pretty boring. Germany then declared war on the Soviets in summer of 42, a few months after that screenshot. They didn't even make it past the Baltic states.

Challenge: When there is a terror attack in Europe, start as a count in the place that was attacked and take back the holy land.

Fuck me, HOI 4 is such a fucking casual game, I can't bear to play it. Stellaris looks interesting, is it worth playing?

Yes, if you want to experience the same anger you just experienced with HoI4.

Well, shit. I'm waiting for Victoria 3 then.

Don't get your hopes up.

To be fair, Stellaris might be worth a pirate in 2 years or so. HoI IV, on the other hand, is unsalvageable.

I thought the 1.2 patch made the game worth a pirate?

It's apparently completely impossible, or rather, it'd end up being some garbage Hearts of Iron IV expansion with a slightly better economy and more sandbox mechanics. Modern Paradox is incompetent and can't understand let alone reverse engineer Vicky's pop & economy system, because the man who coded it left the company. It might as well be some kind of dark age technomagic to them.

Playing Darkest Hour as the Soviets. Any good tricks to not die?

Dunno whats worse, casuals or Rommel worshippers.

Does anyone else find the borders of 1914 Europe to be extremely aesthetically pleasing?

That France owning Algeria might be a problem in the future.

It's still boring as fuck. Ethics don't really matter, genetics don't really matter, starting position doesn't really matter. It always plays out the same.

Fuck no, that would be awful.

Most of it is good but I would change a few things here and there, mostly in Asia minor

Fuck off, Greece.

You didn't remove nearly enough kebab.

Not nearly as much as the existance of Austria-Hungary and, even worse, of it neigbouring Serbia. Perhaps if they accepted the Austria-Hungary-Bohemia proposal, there would be enough of loyal people to keep the minorities in check, but as is, you got the majority of the nation wanting to split and waiting for a good time to revolt.

It's like you're not even trying to be a generic GSG goer.

How do you annex France in HPM? Is there enough game time to do it?

Hey I already made that joke. Get your own.

kys tbqh fam smdh

Noble Turanic people accomplished more than anyone in the asia minor

Because Asia Minor is a shit place to begin with, fam.

FUCK OFF, GREECE
Greece has been nothing, but a bunch of fucking pansy faggots, for a long, long time now. They don't deserve Constantinople.

Choose one

Civilization was born in the Fertile Crescent, not Anatolia.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolia

HOI4. Is it now possible to change your puppets ruling party either through influencing and/or coups?

ayy

The easy way is to abandon the worst doctrines in the game that you start with and get the best doctrines in the game that Germany starts with.

That alone will make your whole army perform like 100% better.

I don't want to start a new game every week

Butthurt Turk or kike spotted. Have a Grossgermanium Imperialismus.

How? And why?
Why?
Yugo destiny had always been uniting the balkans and colonising kebab

Negro is just burnt kebab.

Honestly, these early Germaniablobs in Vicky always bother me. It's not that I can't appreciate a good push to the Urals, or the anachronism in itself that's the problem, it's that it just doesn't properly resemble either the Mitteleuropa plan of the German Empire which involves the creation of some Baltic and Central European puppets and the chipping away of the Russian sphere, but a still-intact Russia, or Generalplan Ost, which either involved a very large annexation and full colonization around/just past the 70/70 line or the creation of a large number of relatively self-contained, nominally independent but economically dependent and passively Germanized puppets, depending on Hitler's temperament and who has his ear in the postwar. It's just about always this awful, garbled mix that isn't really either and doesn't have the reasoning for either, the former being that Germany ended up entangled in the Great War and the generals wanted to redraw the map in their favor at the expense of their once-ally Russia (thanks, Wilhelm) and the latter because Hitler wanted an autarkic Europe under Axis hegemon, an end to the threat of the Soviet Union, and a vital space for his nation of fifty million people to expand into.

Here, you've created a free Ukraine as in the former plan, but eaten up all the would-be puppets as well as European Russia as in the colonial interpretation of the latter, with some awful rump regions left over. It's gory and ugly and insensible for the time period. Either maintain the Russian agreement and go from there, follow the Mitteleuropa plan, or do a late start and run from the NSDAP's rise through the second world war in an extended timeline. Garbling the two up before either was originally conceived is gross to look at and historically insensible. Honestly, you didn't even annex the German parts of the Low Countries or sort out the Walloons to either yourself or France (depending on political situation) or take Alsace, and yet you're taking complete control of the East while Austria goes Danubian. This is all without considering any gamey realpolitikal nonsense that might've forced you to partition Russia, but don't cross the streams. It's gross.

That one was largely a test of just how close I could get to fully removing Russia from the game (in Vickymod; HPM doesn't let you do that). I did fix my western and southern borders later.

And here from HPM is what I think is a pretty reasonable Middle Europe oriented Germany.

It's better, certainly, but it's still pretty gory. The Low Countries still aren't sorted. Balkanized France is never a good time post-Napoleonic era. And the Danubian bit of would-be Polish/Ukrainian territory has brought back the Prussian fishtail/wolf's mouth in a weird position. Props on going out of your way to partially unfuck Finland, though.

This, meanwhile, trades the eastern problems (mostly) for Western ones. Northern Italy is gobbled up- the Holy Roman claims to said area are exceedingly dubious by that time period and ethnopolitically untenable- Hungary is annexed instead of an ethnically whole and separated sphereling or puppet, the sick man of Europe is still kicking around and blobbing into the Balkans instead of being partitioned between Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece, Russia, and Levantine puppets of your own manufacture, while the whole of Switzerland is gobbled by you instead of divvied up on ethnolinguistic lines between you, France and Italy.

You can try harder than this, user. Map painting is about painting in just the right lines, both in borders and in the time said borders are drawn. You just can't NSDAP it up early with an unbroken Second Realm AND eat up non-German areas.

Re-modded Extended Timeline mod and removed the stupid requirement of lvl 76 ideas to for Rhodesia (And Kazakhstan and Kirghistan as well.)

And why the fuck not? Yugoslavia was a kingdom in the early 1900's.

Yugo destiny has always been to humiliate the turkroaches, sadly I need the shekels and Juzna Rodezija here provides pretty well. I'll eventually merge Juzna Afrika with Rodezija together and take over Mozambique and the wholeness of Zambezi. I also have a colony in the Ivory Coast and St. Helena, but I only used it to reach east Africa, I'm not really interested in developing that one. Maybe I'll also take Madagascar for shits and giggles (Or turn them into my vassals, already acquired Moldavia from the Commonwealth, they spit it up after some stupid war with Russia and sweben.)

I meant 'stupid requirement of lvl 76 ideas to for Yugoslavia'

Modifying a few events to give non-accepted cultures 0% growth-rate, an option to cull them, or turn them into slaves provides the game with much enjoyment. Great for removing all of those Ashkenazim jews in the baltics

Also, gaze upon my POOR-tugal, got all of its ambitions for the new world crushed (And Castille's getting pretty much fucked over too.)

does this satisfy your autism

Does anyone have the Johan cap where he says "It's the same kind of people.. those with no respect for other human beings, and have a complete lack of morals." ?

It's shit

Yeah, that's almost perfect, actually. Russia is intact, non-gommie and sphered, you have a slew of puppets broken off in the East, Hungary is on its own, you've gobbled every foreign-held German majority area to note and the minority areas. The only small odd bits are your sphering Belgium while Italy spheres the Netherlands, and that's still a very early NSDAP, but I can forgive it since you may or may not've taken them post-1920 and you sort of need their policies to really sort Europe out in a reasonable timespan, at leas to my lurker knowledge. And the only things that really properly bother me are the lack of a Bohemia-Moravia lined out on the map as a puppet rather than an annexation, Finland lacking its Three Isthmus borders- since Russia is in your sphere and they're in Scandinavias' you can't really fix that- and the continued Turkish presence past the Bosphorus, again unfixable due to sphering. Much better looking than the test playthroughs, definitely.

I always force fascist as soon as I can (Constitutional Monarchy, appoint them, get militancy up; coup event fires in about a year).

They are more or less the best party in most countries. State capitalism, large number of controls, doesn't have to centrally plan everything but is totally capable of doing so.

What is it with fascists having the nicest flags in Vicky, vanilla or modded? They're universally either excellent looking, or absurd to the point that they are excellent. I don't think anything can beat Babylon's Tiamat flag, even if it is just an easter egg country.

What is the point of being unable to dictate realistic terms? I ask, why is this allowed?

Modern Paradox is incompetent and lazy. It doesn't like when you go off the rails. It doesn't even like it when you follow the event paths, since something will likely go screwy down the line and mess with your would-be historical scenario. Paradox was exceedingly lazy with the warlords, furthermore, and you exist entirely to be railroaded into the Sino-Japanese War and then eaten by one of the two Chinese secondary powers. For that matter, Nationalist China and Japan largely exist to be railroaded into the Sino-Japanese War, with very little in the way of a Strike North path for Japan and not much chance to get into the Axis and circumvent the whole mess if playing Nationalist China against AI Japan.

Yeah, I noticed that when they all had the same pic. I guess there was an update but I don't know if it'd be worth it. It punishes you so much for picking somebody that's not in the big league. Why have the option of choosing a nation that doesn't even have the means to trade?

Anyone know how I can edit the game attributes in hoi3? I found the stuff for the units, but not for things like infrastructure or forts

Then who does it belong to?

tfh\history\provinces

Puh-lease, you silly barbarian

0/10

well, there were people who decided the holy land belonged to the jews after losing it for several millenia

The conquerors.

Then what's the problem with reconquering it?

That's different, because that land was not conquered but given to them by G-d.

The UN is god?

Nothing. It's just that the Greek population has been displaced from the region for so long that retaking it at 1914 would just mean creating a multi-ethnic empire and incorporating a lot of Muslim Turks into a Greek polity. Unless of course you want to go full masturbatory reconquista fantasy and say that all the Turks and Syrians are deus vulted to death, but that's extraordinarily unrealistic.

Anons, EU3 or EU4?
EU4 makes my shitty laptop lags
But EU3 runs perfectly fine.

have I just forgotten how to run an empire or what the fuck's going on here? at this rate I'll be completely out of oil in the next two weeks or so

3 forever and always

How fucked am I?

What the fug

Incorrect, Civilization did not start on either Fertile Crescent or Anatolia
>>>/pdfs/1164

It was late when I was playing so I was pretty tired, but I think the war with Austria-Hungary is seperate from the one I have with France

Found out later to be a volcano hill.
That's in Anatolia though.
Disputed whether it's artificial or natural. The 10 000 year age estimate was later revised to 2000 years.
The only possibly legit one on the list, but it hasn't been researched yet.

In EU4, should I do something about the separatism or fuck em and deal with the rebels when at peace?

jej

There is only one explanation.

okay

First off you're playing a mod. Don't do that if you don't understand game mechanics. Mods can fuck up everything or completely screw balance such that you need foresight not to screw yourself.

Second, check the stats. It will have pie charts of what consumes what.

A major thing to watch out for in DH is that you don't want to upgrade your infantry past 1936 or 1932 if you can help it for vanilla DH full. It costs a lot of IC for minimal effect and adds a fuel requirement. Basically just don't research infantry tech.

How'd the Kongo get in the HRE?

It didn't
the electors suddenly brain-farted; this was shortly before the religious war, with most HRE Princes being protestant, austria being catholic and super-unpopular

before Kongo, Spain was the emperor

EU IV allows non-HRE members to become the emperor, so sometimes things get weird

But you get -1000 penalty to being elected if you're not in the HRE.

You have a shit load of work to do.

I think being a non-member is just a 50 or 100 penalty
1000 penalty is for "illegible" candidates (wrong religion or government form)

Euskadia went fascist so I actually helped them get the rest of their clay from communist Spain later.

FUCKING WHY

If I remember right, all the South American powers are led by the same man in HoI IV. You went against the plans of the shadow Presidente, senor.

I do not accept this. I'm reclaiming my party, recouping my forces, and running right back into Chile. This game is horseshit but I'm seeing this bitch through.

Are the Finns looking for their ancestral lands? What the hell are they doing.

Look at me.
I'm the Emperor now.

WE WUZ HRE

Suur-Suomi perkele

Fuck you, Paradox. Holy shit.

lmao

is PDX even trying anymore? i mean, they've never -really- been trying but this is just pathetic. they ran out of ideas to expand this game years ago and now they're just coding in memes.

What?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847/

read it and laugh

WW3 when?

>IMAGE REMOVED

vitosha.one/index.php
What do you lads think of Vitosha?

neat

LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOL!

MP game is in 2 hours. We might need another thread.

Hilarious. Haven't you noticed that all of HoI 4 is strictly balanced around the majors (and Poland because it's a meme country)? I bet they haven't even playtested it for a minor country.

Even paradrones seem disgruntled. Although that may also be because the DD literally only covers a few event chains, that one could easily mod in in one afternoon.

kek

It's like pottery.

New thread since this will die in a few minutes, tops.

8ch.net/v/res/10090112.html