Nostalgia thread

wow this is…just…wow……..

a disastre

What kind of weird household did you come from where you open your presents before Christmas?

Its strange how a sound you haven't heard in 15 years can suddenly trigger so many emotions

If games were good till now it wouldn't be a disaster.

Quality of all products lowers with each passing year. Movies become even shittier than before, games, music, even books - nothing is protected from quality degradation for the sake of wasting less money on production.

All those fallout 4 children, even fallout 3 children - won't ever consider first two games good, or well made. Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft - they poison our youth and won their hearts.

But user!
Fallout 4: Remastered: Gold Edition with the DLC Mod bundle plus season pass content is being re-released on Windows EyE that year.

How much people are playing daggerfall?
How much people are remembering Gothic 1 and 2?
How much people played first deus ex?

And how many of them agreed that those are good games?

good, the first two games are boring as shit. all the fallout games are trash. I don't care what people have nostalgia for, it's just nostalgia.

Kill yourself underage.

Fallout 2 with restoration project is the best rpg ever made.

Fuck I dunno man, I just play RTS, and a lot of old RTS have huge flaws but are forgivable for their charm or sheer clever design.

you have some pretty garbage taste if you think fallout 1 or 2 is anything to write home about, mister fedora.

And modern rts aren't even rts anymore.

I see you never played them. Go do it.

I have and they are boring as shit. If you're going to be a faggot pc cuck at least post about good games like thief or quake or something, not fucking fallout.

Heroes were a mistake.
That being said, the ASSFAGGOTS genre could have been saved if only it had been inspired by Dawn of War 2 instead of Warcraft 3. The idea of a limited roster of heroes who have customization and build options for stats and items would have made a much more unique experience not nearly filled with as much cancer, especially with how the games were oriented around capturing points and defending locations rather than pushing to destroy the enemy base.

Well. Those are different genres of games.
Also
Fucking console kiddie. Go stick your ps4 controller up your asshole.

Assfaggots would been better if dota never existed and icefrog's mother done an abortion.

some genres of games should be widely disregarded because there is almost nothing good in them. At least the PS4 has had about 2 games worth giving a shit about in the past 5 years.

I got this one for Christmas

Compared to the 100s of PC games, that's fucking nothing.

in the past 5 years, not games everyone has played from their childhood, you brainwashed fanboy

and the ps4 is from your childhood?

is it from anyone's here, you absolute retard

that's what you implied in when you said the ps4 had about 2 games worth giving a shit about, then brought up childhood for no reason

its actually a very simple connection to make, especially considering this is a nostalgia thread about peoples childhoods. Here, I made the statement:
PS4 has had about 2 games worth giving a shit about in the past 5 years.
Which implies that the PC has had less than 2 games worth giving a shit about in the past 5 years.
To which you retorted that in the past 5 years there's been 100s of great PC games, when in reality, the opposite is true. There's been nothing particularly noteworthy that is exclusive to the PC. As such, the only good games exclusive on the PC had to have been before that period. Namely the mid to late 90s and early 00s.

ie, your childhood. The only good PC games worth giving a shit about are from 15+ years ago.

This isn't really hard to keep track of, so try and keep up now.

I sold my N64 (with around 20 games) for like $200 when I was around 16 to buy a GBA.

..I still suffer from the seller's remorse and never again will I ever sell a single game or console.

Just take it all in.

You can always go back, in a way.
By playing those old games.

I think the real problem was that the golden era of video games has really passed. Its a damn shame it seems kids wont live through eras like those.
A brand new video game console was such a big deal for a while because it meant so much, So much changed so much was new and innovative.
Now it seems with the PS3>PS4>PS4.5 its just getting slightly shinier, its more accurate to compare it to needlessly updating your perfectly fine cellphone just for the newest model.

It was one of the most heartbreaking moments of my childhood, and was the beginning of my distrust of Nintendo. I took console and game bundles for granted at a very young age. In retrospect, I'm glad I learned this lesson when I did. It also showed me how uncaring my mother was in general. She could have at least given me a few dollars to rent a game for a couple of days, considering I showed personal responsibility by working for and saving my money instead of spending it right away.

my mother never bought me games or systems for Christmas or birthdays

OP is a spoiled fuck

Yes, I am salty

kids have more enthusiasm for old games than they do for new games. I work at a classic video game store and for every adult we get at least 2 kids excited to play a cartridge based game. SNES, N64, and NES are all very popular with kids. It's a bit of a shame that Genesis falls to the wayside, but what can you do?

Currently at my store there is a 4 player power stone booth set up for dreamcast, so there is that. Kids have a lot of enthusiasm for old games.

I also had a dream recently where I had a bunch of Pokemon cards and I was really into it, and had 4 ancient mews, plus some old Charizards, and an Exodia torso. I actually have a few Pokemon, but not in that quantity.

As for VIDEOGAMES, I remember dying to Kraid in Super Metroid and saying "You bastard!" and getting banned from the SNES for a day

Never got any consoles for Christmas. My dad bought every single gaming console at launch. I remember when I was toddler I use to watch him for hours playing NES. I would play too but I would always die so quick. Zelda and Zelda II were my favorite and he helped beat both. When Sega Genesis came out, he was working two jobs to support me and my brothers. But sometimes late at night, when he got home work, he would make tents out our blankets and we would play Sonic, Mortal Combat, or Primal Rage together. Those were his favorites. We use to have Mortal Combat tournments. It was so much fun. I miss my family.

I'm sorry, user. I hope you are happier now.

Not everyone was conceived on prom night, faggot

Look, I get it. You're clearly not a very smart guy and I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say you don't have a lot of formal education past high school. You think you're intelligent based on your experiences in internet echo chambers. I'm guessing you haven't done too well career-wise, or at least you don't think you're where you should be. You clearly don't have very much experience with people different than you, so I'm going to assume you've never lived in a city or a place that's majority minority population for any extended period of time. You also regularly post weird sexually suggestive anime pictures which lends toward some kind of creepy/pedophilic sexual tendency. Either that or you don't have a whole lot of success in relationships.
Regardless if any or all of that is true your opinions are shit and not worth acknowledging. History will leave your shit ideology behind. You deserve to be called exactly what you are: a hateful bigot who's statements and views deserved to be marginalized.

It's a tradition to let your kid open one present on Christmas Eve in certain households. My parents put rules on it though, any present but the largest (or, later, anything shaped like a CD/DVD case, since my "main present" each year was often a video game).

It's 20 years old

Which one? The original one? The DS remake? The Gamecube rerelease? The VC version?

Waking up at like 5AM so I could get to the Playstation before my older brother. Always freezing cold but I sat through it just to play a little bit more of Future Cop LAPD, Air Combat or Oddworld.

Those sounds were the only things I had to keep warm. Because I was retarded and didn't think to actually put clothes on

Google it you retard

i sure hope so retard

The best feeling, sucks having to keep the volume down to avoid waking your family though. Only matched by Friday night vidya.

You fucks are no better than the ones being "nostalgic" over halo 1.

rip

is this a new copypasta?

You think you know pain?
When I moved a few years back I had to get rid of lots of stuff, at the time I wasnt in to vidya so much (early twenties and had stopped playing so much)
Moving day got brought forward and I ran out of time to sell my consoles, ended up throwing away a master system with games, a couple of gameboys with games, my ps1 and bunch of games and finally my beloved Amiga 500 with a ton of boxed games.
Oh and a box full of original nintendo game and watch handhelds.
Kept my snes but the rest still haunts me to this day.

There is a special place in hell for faggots like you.

I dont know whats worse, all this halfchan tier bait or the retards replying to it seriously

Mine was a second hand gift with no box
I gave it away and I feel like shit every time I remember it

Ill happily go there user.
I deserve it.

try having your deadbeat mom get evicted so one day when your dad brings you back over to her house all your shit is just outside on the front yard in the rain
i had hundreds of comics and systems and collectibles from the 80s and 90s

I remember when I was a kid the arcade I use to go to all the time had a 6-slot mvs cabinet. I was shopping with my parents one day, the owner said they were closing up and selling all the cabinets.

My parents offered 500 bucks for the Neo Geo cabinet and all the games, it was gonna be my birthday and Christmas present for the year as well as a reward for my good grades. The owner agreed.

The next day we brought the truck to pick it up, some guy offered 700 for it and picked up 3 hours prior.

I still think about it every now and again, thinking about all the fun I missed.

You support gamergate dont you?

best SHUMP on genesis, best SHUMP period

Yeah thats got me beat.
Did any of it survive?

I just couldn't get into it. It felt sloppy so I didn't have an emotional investment.

nope
i have absolutely nothing from when i was a child

i lied, i have a sonic 3 cartridge i forgot about

I was definitely a morning person as a kid. That's changed dramatically.

Early morning vidya, I associate with Playstation just because that was the one console I absolutely had to wake up early to play.

Other things I associate with vidya

Toast for OOT/MM/Super Mario 64
Christmas and Lava Lamps for Dreamcast/Shenmue

Cadbury's Dairy Milk for Gamecube/WW/TP

Headaches for MGS2

you were either black or poor.

GO HOME GAMER GIRL!!!

Amazing how getting something you wanted for a long time felt like a cocaine rush back then.

So little it took to be happy.

I'm glad my parents didn't spoil me and we were average income household so that feeling didn't become common enough to lose its impact.

Because of that, it was like a fucking drug rush when I received something like that, like a videogame console.

Also, borrowing games from friends.

Imagine kids now and the shitty games they choose from.

I'm glad I was a kid during the 90s. Best decade for gaming, no doubt about it.

I remember getting a N64 with Ocarina of Time and Mario 64. It was one of the best Christmases I ever had.

Now, I summon an oldfag, to complain about
And give us Usenet, Arcade and NES stories. Are there any oldfags left?

be happy that at least you got to experience it once