Steam has reinvented Free to Play!

Just when you thought Gabe had nothing left in his bag of tricks!

Other urls found in this thread:

nitronic-rush.com/download-game/
reddit.com/r/Holla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread is dildos

And you notice it just now ?

Are any of these games worth playing in the first place?

is it free or not? what's the price tag for?

It's for random packs. At least the warframe is

Warframe for the gameplay only. You can get a majority of the stuff without spending any money but you'll need to have the patience of a saint.

Scroll over them, retard.

Epic downvote friends :) Remember to tell me your account name so I can upvote you in r/Holla Forums :)

What's warframe about? Also, generally speaking, you don't NEED to get this shit from Steam in order to play. I just went to the Smite website, they allow you to download an installer from them, so even if Valve is being a jew, you can just bypass them all together.

Warfrane is a great game hiding behind the incompetence of merely good developers shackled by the business model of F2P. By all means play it, it's a good time, but the end game is nothing but grind for more stuff so you can grind better. It's basically a better version of Destiny but with more ninja-ing. You can run on walls and use awesome melee weapons. The lore was recently shit on pretty hard though. playable characters are now literally children playing with life size action figures

(checked)
Coop Space ninjas. Literally. You have swords, scythes, hammers, katanas and pistols, shotguns, rifles all while doing flips through planets/spaceships.

What really makes it interesting are the warframes, each comes with specific skills. For example, Frost can make an inpenetrable snow globe where players can shoot from the inside. Size depends on the build.

What kills it is the grindfest. I once wasted a whole week getting pic related when it came out. Also most frames look awesome

Don't even compare it with Destiny, that's absolute trash. Classes only matter because every once in a while you can do a cool power or use a different grenade, warframe focus on making classes being extremely diverse

Come to think of it, they're being unusually honest there. Usually "free-to-play" games try to get you hooked before you realize that you can't get anywhere unless you whale out. Steam's acknowledging the business model upfront.

CODEMONKEY

>Feature Free-to-Play Games
how the fuck did this pass QA site testing

Because the game is free, the hats you are buying a pack of are not

it's incredibly deceitful you kike

This kills me so much. I want to play Warframe so bad, but I hear everywhere that it is a grind fest and I'll regret wasting my time. Also my friends are playing Overwatch instead of it. I wish they would just charge me for the game instead.

Admitting to using steam should be a bannable offense

because who needs 7/8th of Holla Forums users to regularly post and use a website amirite

Only in a perfect world

Well we could do with less faggots. bye

Smite kinda sucks, and was unstable when I ran it on my pc (get the console version instead).

You were the chosen one, Gaben.

Gaben was always a kike. His power level only grew with age.

Meh, nothing wrong with it. No one is forcing anyone buy crappy fake money for crappy f2p games.

there's already plenty of places if you find the level of discussion too low-brow for you here
>>>/7chan/
>>>/99chan/

never meet the actions of the heroes you worshipped in the past

Sales were toned down because of the return policy from what i heard.

Why don't you leave if it people playing video games bothers you so much.

hahaha remember what 8ch was like before we got the newfags sucking valve dick?

Why dont valvedrones just stay in cuckchan with the rest of the faggots?

Warframe is good shit play it.
By "grinding" fags mean gameplay, and this game only has gameplay, so kids don't like it.
If you want game for the purpose of playing it - warframe is your shit.

Why are F2P games so shit?

You're not fooling anyone shill.

Marvel Heroes was worth playing last week. now that the serverwide xp buff and drop rates are gone? probably not as much.

Why does Steam think I'm in love with visual novels? Why can't I look at the Just Cause poster without seeing alimony now?

The sad thing is there are people who would gladly fork out money without even picking up on the fact Valve is trying to push sales for F2P games before you've even fucking downloaded the games.

Hell they don't even take you to the game page, rather the DLC page. And I wouldn't be surprised if purchasing these DLC packs also automatically downloads the base game.

It's Quantity over Quality, and you fucking know it.
Saying 'it actually has gameplay' is completely ignoring the fact that if you want something specific you have to do the same missions multiple times in a super-autistic grind most of the time to get the thing you want.

A lot of the "DLC" for F2P games on Steam that you can get directly through Steam are some kind of starter pack. Even Eve Online has one for Steam users.

I know, but do the 'starter packs' also give you the base game, or do you have to download it separately? I'd assume so.

Frankly I don't pay much attention to Steam.

Huh? The only things you can only buy with money and not through playing are retarded "prime" accessories. I dunno what kind of people even buy that shit.
Everything else you can get by playing.

It's the other way around, there is next to no quantity here. After you run every kind of mission once you saw everything. But playing them for the first time is great.
This game has top quality, but very little quantity.

Once again, only retards spend money on free games.

I know that urge, I once nearly fell for it with some MMO because of some sort of Stockholm syndrome.

It has the standard "Downloadable Content" header, so I assume the "Add to Cart" button changes to "Play Now" and downloads it for you.

Not only did you just prove you're a retard, you just admitted that there's no quality worth experiencing after seeing everything for the first time, also
Let me guess, next you're going to say you were only pretending to be retarded. Or move the goalposts to say 'you shouldn't be doing that grindy shit anyway!'

Okay I don't give a fuck if there is "buy that for more Premium Money" or "this looks cool and is OP, buy this", but is there any decent F2P game out there that is time wasting and most importantly of all, "fun".

Spiral Knights is pretty fun, especially with friends but after energy was removed the grind is pretty bad and they still haven't gotten around to making new content.

Not to mention because of the whole battle sprites deal you'll now enter fewer levels because minerals that were used to make levels is now being dumped into those battlesprites

Theoretically the grindan can be reduced if you jew the fuck out of other people to acquire Platinum so you can buy what you want and get jewed in turn.
In practice, the trade channel for my region is a barren wasteland.

Everything went to shit just when I reached the point that I got more money out of a run than I'd have to pay for energy. After that shit got all fucked up and terrible lag.
Is it better now?

Like I said they've removed energy but nothing's changed besides a godawful PvP minigame. No tier 4 you, but I hear new devs bought the game so here might be hope

Is that a condom wrapper in the upper left corner?

I strangely get a very comfy feeling when I hear the Haven theme even though I'd never experienced a 1:1 response out of the game. Everything was delayed. The input, the animation, the effect…. everything. I had to play the game almost 2 seconds ahead of what I was seeing on the screen.

Spent more time in front of the auction house than in the dungeons. Maybe that's why the music grew on me. Eventually I sold everything I had and gave the money to two of the people who had helped me through time. Came back when elevators became free and just raged at the lag again.

Call me when they fix the lag, level variety and nerf imps.

I remember people circlejerking over some chick who played Counter Strike in late 2014.

I felt that this was much more apparent after the change to remove energy, I tested it in hopes of playing it again but it was so laggy I just couldn't play it.

Yeah I've noticed this a lot after the energy removal.

But SK had it's fair share of really good music

In the case of Smite it is a free to play game but you only start with a handful of gods to choose from with another handful rotating each week.

Theres around 70 gods now and buying the god pack shown there gets all of them plus any future ones – its basically a retail version of the game.

You can still play and buy gods using in-game currency if you prefer, but you probably wont be unlocking them much faster than one a week.

what

If you don't like ASSFAGGOTS as a whole Smite won't do much to change that.

It's a complete joke how the guys who made Tribes Ascend and Global Agenda also made something so slow and devoid of any depth

Oh btw is global agenda officialy dead now? My launcher hasn't been able to connect for a week or so.

It's been dead two months after Tribes Ascend started.

Speaking of which is there anything like Global Agenda? I remember looking at Firefall way back, like four or five years ago and thinking that looked good but I never really looked at it again

Nah mate, we had threads for it a week back and we had around 10-15 anons in an agency too.
Then all of a sudden lag, server crash and unable to get a connection.
I think it died for real this time.

I played it for a while and I'd have to say it's kinda like warframe but its shit.
It's all the grind of warframe but it has a fraction of the content and is slow.
Then again I played it like a year or so ago so it might have changed.

Never said it would change anything, just that unlike most other games in that section the Smite deal is basically the getting the game in its entirety rather than just a starter pack of items or whatever.

I honestly don't believe such a thing is possible

It was quaint for the first few hours or so but the novelty wears of quickly.

Did you ever get around to farm Ivara? It took me 160+ spy missions. She's fucking beautiful, I love her

I don't think anything will still be as bullshit as trying to unlock Mesa.

I have no idea how to get her now, I do remember getting her when she came out and it was easy. At least for me.

I bought Shadowrun returns and Hong Kong.

Playing returns I should have just stuck with Dragonfall.

I sort-of remember, I think it went like this.
You had to some story mission filled with infested.
You then had to get coordinates to go to the boss fight of the story.
To get them you had to kill a bunch of infested and hoped one of them dropped it.
The chance of it getting dropped was fucking small everytime, it took me about 37 missions just to get one, the best part is it was only one part of her frame from the mission. So I had to farm for another coordinate piece AGAIN. You repeat this until you get all of here parts.
The biggest insult to injury is that everyone else I know had the best RNG when getting Mesa and got in her in just a few hours, where I spent about a fucking week.

Oh, wasn't it the Juggernaut or something?

i want to fuck nox in the mouth, titties and ass

what language is that?

Italian?

grazie uno bonjorno, fucko

You're welcome, have nice one too

Are we thinking of the same game? When I put hundreds of hours into it, every class had one minor attack power, two useless powers, and its own different-colored AoE win button.

Implying free to play isn't a cancer on the industry.
I would be glad if it died but it never will because poorfags are so bad with money they will spend hundreds in micro-transactions on a game they only started playing because it was free

Sure, now tell me how many frames can put up a bubble shield?
How many can disarm enemies permanently?
How many can loot corpses?
How many have 2 sets of skills?
How many can keep a team constantly alive?
How many can put up wires to move around in?
How many can travel to another dimension?

gotta love pc gaming.

He's got a point, Satan.

Oh damn didn't even check those

area of effect win button
THE FUCKING BEST FRAMEarea of effect win button
grind relief
two sets of useless skills more like. Isn't Chroma's whole shtick Maim or was that changed at some point
Trinity's dead and having a frame whose whole gimmick is making a team invulnerable therefore bypassing whole parts of the game is such a retarded idea I don't even need to explain why

The other two I have no idea on

It wasn't Chroma it was Equinox.
Last two are Ivara and Limbo.

That webm wasn't supposed to be here

I don't care, this gave me a good laugh I needed this morning. Thanks user.

come on, senpai. Wemb or bust.

why do you keep shilling this video?

Are there any free to play games on Steam that aren't multiplayer-based? You know, single player free to play games? That and the microtransactions are what make me avoid "free" games like the plague.

Endless Sky
Wyrmsun
Heroine's Quest

sounds like youre looking for freeware games. do people make those any more?

Why would you want to use steam to play free games without multiplayer?

You should try Transcendence, it's not FREE SOFTWARE but I liked it better.

I fucking hate this "free to play" marketing buzzord. Now every time I try to recommend some vidya that is either freeware or free/libre I have to give a lecture on how it's NOT some freenium cash shop bullshit, because everyone has come to associate the term "free to play" exactly with that kind of crap.

Yeah, "free to play" doesn't mean something is literally "free to play" anymore.

Fuck this gay earth.

did free to play ever mean anything other than what it did?
i thought "real" free games were always called freeware, or maybe im mistaken

First, thanks for the answer. Second, looks like we got space combat and oldschool RPG stuff there… Anything more along the lines of Cave Story? You know, character-based platformer and/or adventure games?

Pretty much.

Mostly just curious if Steam only has the bad kind of "free" games or what.

Though on a secondary level, I've always felt a little iffy about running free games that are doing who knows what. I can't say it's ever clearly gone wrong before, but still… Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess I feel just slightly more confident there aren't any shenanigans going on if I got it through Steam.

Yeah, Steam needs a way to differentiate "free to play" cash shop stuff and really actually totally free games. How about "free" games and "optional transactions" games, or something like that.

But goym these ARE free to play. You're not paying anything to play them ____:^)__

To that argument I say that if you aren't getting full access to ALL the content the game can possibly have for free, it isn't really free. At most it's just partially free, and "partially free" isn't the same thing as "free."

I never had that problem.

I don't know about steam

But I can recommend to you NITRONIC RUUUSH

nitronic-rush.com/download-game/

I really wish you fucks would get your shit together and start calling them Steambeciles instead. "drone" is too overused.

kek, thank G-d I'm not retarded enough to use steam

Oh this is last year?

Did the faggot get sued?

anyone know what that open source settlers game is called?

The grind isn't the only problem though.

Unless you prefer style over substance, the game has nothing to offer.

Virtually everything has severe balance issues, meaning that 90% of the time you exploit the poor scaling to either steamroll the enemies, or keep yourself alive long past the point the game should be playable at(infinite enemy scaling).

Melee especially has shitty mechanics, which sacrifice control and usability in favor of flashy animations.

Fuck off gook.

Is it the ledditards?

Fun sales died because of the refund policy.

Honestly, I'd rather be able to refund a game as a consumer than having "fun sales".

So, this criticism is invalid.

If you play on PC you don't really have many other decent options, the other stores are worse.

You have piracy, the perfect option for any developer who refuses to release their game outside of a DRM platform with a restrictive agreement.

How is gog worse?

I assume it's because of the lack of games compared to steam.

Piracy is for poorfags and assholes, usually a combination of both.

I don't need to pirate because if I don't like a game I refund it, and if I like it then I'm glad to support the dev to get more of it in the future.
Steam is an acceptable DRM, gives me quick access to my library in every country I go (an i travel a bit) and isn't broken garbage like Uplay. I heard Origin improved, but I can't be bothered to try it, besides EA games are mostly unattractive for me.

GOG is a good store, but they just don't have the library that Steam has

Welp, clinically retarded confirmed.

There's being retarded, then there's this.

As I said, poorfags and retards, usually a combination of both.

Piracy in this day and age, when Steam and every other portal do crazy sales and allow customers to buy tons of games for a very low amount makes you the scum of the earth, you have no excuse, and if you're that poor then vidya shouldn't be a priority.
There is no difference between you and a bum who steals from stores, you're both trash.

I hope one day someone steals your stuff, maybe you'll understand.

wow this autism. you gotta be a shill.
I owe 200+ games on steam but that has nothing to do with how fucking shitty any DRM is

No way anyone this retarded can be on cripple/v/.

This must be some 12 year old trying to troll for the first time.

if you own 200 games on Steam then you obviously consider it tolerable, you inbred retard

sorry I can't be bothered with your level of autism, please just fuck off

Guys

I think this kid may actually be this retarded.

How he came here instead of reddit or 4chan I don't know.

sorry I can't be bothered with your level of autism, please just fuck off

Holy fuck it actually exists. reddit.com/r/Holla Forums

Polite sage.