New rifle, bigger bullets: Inside the Army's plan to ditch the M4 and 5.56

more…….

https:// www. armytimes.com/articles/new-rifle-bigger-bullets-inside-the-armys-plan-to-ditch-the-m4-and-556

1. Government decides to change their most common round to something pretty damn obscure.
2. Government says that civilians are not authorized to purchase the new obscure ammunition.
3. Government tells companies to stop making 5.56 ammunition.
4. Bunch of civilians with 5.56 rifles but no ammunition for them is being produced.
5. Civilians use up their 5.56 ammunition doing dumb shit like shooting beer cans and squirrels.
6. Government effectively disarms civilians just by changing the size of the rounds, thereby bypassing and not even touching the 2nd amendment - and it's perfectly legal!!!

—I have the sneaky suspicion that either this a.) was started by Obama, or b.) is being pushed by one of Obama's holdovers.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM29_OICW
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/21/north-korean-oicw-combined-assault-rifle-automatic-grenade-launcher-revealed-day-sun-parade/
youtube.com/watch?v=FYoHWFoE9Q4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ilovaisk
foxnews.com/world/2016/06/12/ukraine-holds-its-first-major-gay-pride-march-in-kiev.html
reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-pride-parade-idUSKCN0YY0FD
youtube.com/watch?v=lLYLkrethQA
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/15/usmc-socom-want-general-dynamics-lightweight-medium-machine-gun/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/17/breaking-usmc-releases-rfi-new-infantry-rifles-uppers-optics-suppressors-targets/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/11/interview-kori-phillips-program-officer-lsat-ctsas-part-1-program-history-ammunition-technical-discussion/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/18/interview-kori-phillips-program-officer-lsat-ctsas-part-2-ammunition-technical-discussion-contd/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/25/interview-kori-phillips-program-officer-lsat-ctsas-part-3-development-6-5mm-ct/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/28/back-future-textron-displays-newest-polymer-cased-telescoped-firing-rifle/
gunrf.ru/rg_patron_7_62x39_eng.html
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/11/silencing-cometh-usmc-unit-deploys-norway-suppressors-doesnt-want-go-back/
futurewarstories.blogspot.com.br/2013/11/the-weapons-of-science-fiction-m41a1.html
hcch.net/en/states/hcch-members/details1/?sid=76
youtube.com/watch?v=5REI-_WJKuY&t=121s
midwayusa.com/product/1482557247/sierra-matchking-bullets-30-caliber-308-diameter-240-grain-hollow-point-boat-tail
midwayusa.com/product/1270175131/lapua-scenar-bullets-264-caliber-65mm-264-diameter-123-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-boat-tail
keltecweapons.com/rifles/rfb24
hornady.com/ballistics-resource/external
bostondynamics.com/robot_ls3.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine#Users
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Canada_C7_rifle
randywakeman.com/USArmyM4NationalDisgrace.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

telescoped ammo is the next big thing though

You are an idiot. This is not going to happen.

It's not a way to disarm American citizens, this is just Americans realizing that their weapons are shit. It's going to be at least of HK/FN/Steyr/Sig design. Hell, maybe we'll see the comeback of the XM8. They could never accept an AK design though, doing so would be destroying American pride for the past 60 years, a practical salute to the commies.

/k/ommando here, we still use the M2 machinegun from 100 years ago. There is no way they'll get rid of all of that 5.56 ammo to go to a slightly more effective caliber.

obvious slide thread, hardly related to Holla Forums. Go shitpost on /k/ or better yet, kill yourself. Also reported.

Yes Sir

Drinking bleach now…

Personally, I don't see how you can call this shitposting. I really don't. This is a legitimate concern. You must be from Holla Forums

It did accomplish one thing, getting the Norks to make a cheap and likely more reliable copy and forcing their troops to carry around a heavy as fuck rifle

that looks heavy as fuck. fire like 3 bullets then rest.

Tell me about this gun, is it any good? What is its main selling point?

Look who's talking Kike. You're the shitposter nigger. Shoot yourself in the face.

it can play Tempist

It's a great weapon. Limp wristed faggots scared they might have to carry something heavier than a plastic AR and maybe work on some upper body strength cry about anything effective.

that's a .50 cal

But can it melt cacodemons at 50 yards?

the XM29's whole shtick was basically being a grenade launcher: now with free gun.

it's a semi auto airburst grenade launcher engaged in high impact sexual violence against an assault rifle. It's heavy, stupid looking, and completely unessisary.

the real gun at the show was the XM8, why the US didn't adopt any of the OICWs is mostly a tale of bureaucratic ineptitude and trademark army idiocy. The same reason the M14 was adopted and prompted dropped.

You use that to disable vehicles. It's not really used for hitting people. You use a .338 Lapua for hitting people

no, but your farts can…

Sweet Jesus, it can fire grenades? How many can it carry at a time? What kind of explosion are we talking here?

Not really any more effective for the average soldier while being much heavier and more expensive than a M4/M16 with similar optical sights and a grenade launcher

Advanced optics and "smart" grenades that can be set to airburst at a specific distance was the point of the OICW
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM29_OICW

The main point of the north korean rifle is for propaganda purposes and to appear technically advanced to the rest of the world, but it does have a 60rd quad stack magazine and electronic optical sights which are uncommon in the DPRK.
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/21/north-korean-oicw-combined-assault-rifle-automatic-grenade-launcher-revealed-day-sun-parade/

5 rounds for the prototype, but I heard they were trying to kraut space magic it up to 10 round somehow.

The xm8 is bretty nice, practically. But its fuck ass ugly.

Check out this gun I found on YouTube the other day, the GyroJet: A pistol that fires rockets.

I think it's got a charming look about it, and this is coming from someone that things a real rifle needs to incorporate wood into it somehow.

shit slide thread from ARMYTIMES. wasn't the FNX45 suppose to be the new army pistol?

The soldiers in world war 2 by and large carried heavier guns and heavier ammunition and did just fucking fine. Lazy, weak, effeminate faggots need not apply.

yes, they carried heavier guns, but that also meant they couldn't carry as much ammunition and supplies.

a lighter gun is vastly superior.

Bullshit
The OICW is 7.8KG/17.2Lbs loaded, name any fucking rifle from WW2 that weighs as much other than anti-tank weapons.

Check this shit out, the "street sweeper shotgun". As soon as I saw this I thought of the situation in South Africa. Guess what? It was invented by by a Rhodesian and used a lot in South Africa.

Lift, cuck. Gain some upper body strength and maybe you won't wheeze after taking a step or two with something heavier than a beretta.

That's nothing, mate.

The main is because 20 to 40mm airburst are stupid.

Yes it look great on paper, but those have a stupidly small effect radius that need pinpoint accuracy (the kind with an anchored tripod AND a ballistic computer… either of those alone ain't enough) to touch anything at the range they're supposed to work.
And that's before the stronk womyn of color "we wuz marines an shit" level of skill at handling firearm…

It just makes me think of some sci-fi future tech nerd shit for some reason. Like its supposed to shoot plasma or something. It also reminds me of my dads .22 Whitney. Even as a kid I thought the style looked faggy.

Except their rifle had bare ironsights and carried only 10 or so clips of ammo (50).
Today the soldiers carry sidearm, mission specific gear, their own gear, primary rifle, magazines, grenades, and BODY ARMOR.

his bearded fellow bullies him so much. if someone treated me like that i wouldn't be "friends" with him. absolute lack of respect. fitting though. since ian believes in the holohoax and "one race, the human race :)"

17.2lbs is heavy for a primary weapon. You have to carry that, plus 5.56 ammo, plus 20mm grenades for it on TOP of the rest of your gear. It's also bulky and expensive and I doubt it's going to have a lot of staying power in shitty field conditions.

It's a meme gun with little practical purpose other than a money sink for whoever got an R&D contract this year.

More like 20 years ago, the XM29 development ended in 2004 IIRC

And your point is? Get good, get in shape, and maybe just maybe you can stop whining because the corps issued you a rifle that wasn't a 2kg plastic shitbox with ammo barely above .22 plinking rounds.

I'm fully expecting the US to go to a 6.5mm cartridge and they're probably going to go for something like the XM8, it's an extremely solid weapons platform with a lot of customization. I doubt they'll go with a bullpup design, they're pointlessly complicated for gains that are only really good on paper. The french tried them, the Austrians tried them, the British suffered through them, and none of them really stuck around.

there's really only two ways to go with this. We can go to the 6.5mm or we can go for a micro-caliber like 4.5mm swedish and basically arm our guys with the pistol from judge dredd. The army could seriously use some PDWs.

Going to a larger caliber doesn't require a stupidly heavy gun, and "smart grenades" offer no advantage over conventional under barrel grenades unless you care about collateral damage and muh civilian casualties

checked
youtube.com/watch?v=FYoHWFoE9Q4

But it's cool looking though!

H… how much extra skin do you have?

Question, are Finno-Ugrics European? Some of them look like mongolians, but I heard they barely have any mongol genes.

It mostly is gone, but it took years. And I have a trillion stretch marks

Also that would imply you were like 450+. Too much burger? ::DD

Yes. Holla Forums made me as fit as I can be.
I still am pretty much diabetus but I don't have to take insulin anymore.

checked
Good on you user.

Damn, nice job. I'm thinking of going on a diet. I'm not critical, but how my body puts on fat is to stock it all on belly, ass, and neck. I heard Keto is good.

Says the guy whose never had to hike miles in the mountains of Afghanistan wearing 100lbs worth of shit, not including weapon. I'd like to see you hold a cheek weld on a 17lb rifle for more than two minutes faggot.

This is going to sound weird, but id any excess sugar intake and remove it. Increase protein and start to lift.

If you can't stop drink soda, switch to soda water, after a couple days you won't notice the difference, try adding lime.
Literally all I did, and it melted away.
It's that fucking sugared soda.

Didn't say I was Ukrainian, just posted that cute Ukie girl. Plus, I have no idea why you're describing the separatists. :^)

Remind me again how long the military has been trying to get budget for new pistols?

Yeah, I heard soda fucking sucks ass. Is tea any good? I drink sweet tea, I don't know if that has enough sugar to fuck me up too.

Just eat less calories than you use per day, no need to go full keto. Try lifting or at least body weight exercises, and cardio two or three times a week for at least 30 minutes. Summer is here, great time to start.

The XM8 fucking melted.

Because the current Ukrainian government is so much better amiright?
Putin and Russian influence isn't ideal in a perfect scenario but its the most pragmatic option to avoid becoming a slave to the Jew, the government under Yanukovych was far more socially conservative than the government under Poroschenko and Yanukovych didn't permit gay parades nor was he a EU cuck.

Unsweetened from now on, try herbal tea

i just imagine them seeing this in that sight

If you're trying to get a reaction, gore images are generally more effective than optical illusions or flashing gifs, although a lot of people here are too desensitized for either to be effective

Didn't say the current Ukrainian government was better, just the lesser of two evils. Poland and Hungary are in the EU and they're doing fine.

How exactly?

Lurk /fit/.

Otherwise, tl;dr, losing weight is just a simple equation.
Calorie intake - calories spent = net change.
You can find your basal metabolic rate through calculators online to figure out how many calories you need to subtract from your daily intake to lose weight. That's right, literally no exercise required and you will lose weight.
Yes you will actually have to count calories consumed throughout the day, but it will work 100%.

I'm not a degenerate, so no. I'm not going to gorefag. I'm just calling pussy faggots out on all their wimpiness and desire for shitty weak plastic guns.

They are going to pick creedmoor. Without a doubt. It is a superior round but fuck its rare on the shelf.

Trump should push for it just to fuck with the media more. SEE SEE RUSSIAN RIFLE [inaudible foaming at the mouth]

Also, nice to call the rest of east Europe sell outs. Wanna go talk shit to Croatia?

I've seen a few articles now saying that US soldiers in the Middle East are being outranged by insurgents with AK family weapons. Sounds like the army is finally facing up to the fact that 5.56 and the AR was designed for a different type of war than the ones that Israel is currently dragging them into over and over again. Adopting 7.62 is probably rejected more by pride than convenience, but I haven't actually been to war in the desert so I'm talking out of my ass

Not saying this but the reason Donbass rebels use Soviet symbolism is that its associated with traditions and times that were better, during the USSR they were much better off economically as a region and associate it with that rather than Jews and Soviet crimes against other groups. Not that I'm arguing that the bolsheviks weren't kike infested but that the perception of that period among the Donbass people was seen as positive since it was beneficial to them while issues with the Soviet system affected others.

kek, the ironic part is i went to school with a croatian faggot (literal fag) and made fun of him quite often

seriously this, I stopped drinking the shit entirely and dropped nearly 100 pounds. I'm still a lardo but now i'm actually capable of moving around.

I usually don't buy into the "xjew" meme but goddamn that shit is poison.

Unless they go to an AR-10 platform (or something similarly heavy) instead of an AR-15 those are all going to buck like a mule even with heavier buffer springs.

They should just move to 6.5 Grendel and call it a day; better terminal ballistics at long range than .308 (dat BC), less recoil than x39 in an AR-15 platform and you can convert existing rifles by slapping on a new upper and training armorers would be piss-easy. You'd probably have to issue new mags, but if you move to P-mags (assuming that Alexander Arms farms out production) they'd probably cost less and work better than the ones currently being issued.

this is good. go buy a creedmoor rifle ammo cost will drop to fuck all.

creedmoors a nice round.

It's going to bite them in the ass in the end. They'll suck Stalin's cock, say they'll kill ebil fascists, then get mortared by Azov so much they'll screech to Russia who needs to come in and reestablish the boarders for the 100th time.

Nah fam.
And designated marksman are already using 7.62×51 in the M14 EBR so….

this

It really is easier on the soldier to have a lighter rifle with lighter bullets. You can talk about being /fit/ as much as you want, but the shit wears you down quick. I will concede though it's the age old "slow but powerful v. light but quick" debate.

Is all of NATO changing? Part of the reason we use 5.56 and 7.62 is to share between allies…

I don't see this change happening. Maybe they will, but I think it's a dumb idea.

Yeah, that's not what happened
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ilovaisk
Overall the Ukrainian army has a much higher attrition rate and lower kill/death ratio than the separatists.
1,000+ killed (acc. Verkhovna Rada & People's Front)[18]
Seperatists: 150–300 killed,[22][23] 20 captured[9] (acc. government & Russian opposition)
200 killed (acc. Al Jazeera)[24]

wat NATO?

Likely not. At least not at first. If they field a new weapon system theres a phase in process. I doubt they would replace every issued rifle right away and if they do you can take it to the bank that a massive war is very close so initially the creedmoor production would ramp up in respect to the replacement schedule since not many civies own creedmoor rifles. I'm keking my ass off that .300 blackout isnt on the list. Everyone was hyping that round but its a barrel destroyer.

Creedmoor ammo will come down in price but it wont really be noticeable for atleast 10 years. Especially if the military makes bulk purchases to build stockpiles and dry up the market. I cant wait to see how the creedmoor equivalent of the M855 performs.

also this. I actually got to fire a rifle chambered in 6.5 Grendel and was really impressed with it. price per bullet is still horseshit though, though I'm sure the markets will fix itall memes aside

That's 2014-2015. After Givi and Motorola got owned like the commie sodomite fucks they are the Ukrainian army has been getting a foothold against DPK forces.

Where do you think Bolters came from?

Considering that the AK bolt design is very similar to the Garand and M14, it more accurate to say that we have that sort of rifle.

Time to make a more effective cartridge to share between allies. I'm thinking of something that wasn't initially adopted based off of "HEY IT LOOKS LIKE MOST FIREFIGHTS TAKE PLACE UNDER 200m SO LETS USE BABY ROUNDS LOL".

What is it like to shoot a man? I've always wanted to kill a nigger who broke into my home but I live in a well-off white neighborhood in Wisconsin. Is it fun?

Yeah, but it's not western, so AKA out the window.

Not really. You be surprised how fast a person drops. They don't scream right away because their body tenses up.

Well shit, that's not good. So it's like a few moments of quick adrenaline as you drop a nigger, but then you have the lingering sensation that there is now a dead nigger on your floor?

wew, a few famous propaganda figures got killed after literally making hundreds of videos of doing dangerous shit on frontlines that would have resulted in a normal soldier dying months ago if facing a competent enemy

I find it extremely ironic that Ukrainians like to use the "sodomite" line against rebels baselessly yet the Ukrainian government they helped put in place actively promotes faggotry while the previous one didn'tfoxnews.com/world/2016/06/12/ukraine-holds-its-first-major-gay-pride-march-in-kiev.html

kek, please show me a map where they have made any significant gains whatsoever as far as territory

It depends on the men involved. Some guys feels nothing while others stay up at night thinking of their face every night until they are 80. As for how it feels, usually like nothing if it's in combat because of the adrenaline or the fact that you can't see shit while engaging the enemy most of the time.

If you aren't just an edge lord you can take drive to Chicago in 2 hrs and find out what it's like when the feral chimps attack you.

well yes of course production will need to ramp up to meet the market but it will drive the price down significantly. it's like $1 - $1.50 a shot now without reloading. bring that down near 223 please. excellent sniping round.

no if a war's close they'd be stocking ammo and spare parts for current systems, not switching systems. if they switch war is probably expected not sooner than 3 - 5 years.

that rounds a meme round. too much hype, not enough merit to the round.

Again, not Ukrainian.
Again, didn't say it was perfect, but the rebel are your supreme Antifa Stalinist faggot lovers. Look up Novorossiya and tell me that isn't the gayest shit. They even have a video where they let in some faggot pajeet.

Nofunz confirmed.

This, do it faggot.

Yeah, no

I'm already familiar

Link, also that does not excuse defending the Ukrainian government which still promotes far more faggotry than the Russian government or one aligned with it
see

foxnews.com/world/2016/06/12/ukraine-holds-its-first-major-gay-pride-march-in-kiev.html

Compare search results of "Ukraine Homosexuals" and "Russia Homosexuals" and see which government among the two is more permissive

The Gyrojet was going to be our space gun. No recoil, perfect in microgravity.

Nice argument, but saying "look at these BASED commie faggots!" really make me think you're a TRSfag.

I have experience with that. In a combat situation hitting a man sized target with 5.56 at greater 200m or greater comes down to luck. And then if you actually do hit them by that range it has lost enough force that the tiny projectile it fires is very likely to not put them on the ground. 7.62 would but the problem that gun autists rightly have with it is that it has a pretty shitty drag coefficient which translates to poor accuracy at range without pretty expensive modifications. And many shooters have experience shooting cheap 7.62x39 that was so shitty that they couldnt hit a barn with it outside of 40m so it affects their judgement. In a properly modernized weapons platform 7.62x59 will always be far superior to any ar shooting 5.56 pewpews.

The Army studies which lead to the investment in smaller calibers was extremely flawed as it asked everyone who was engaged in combat situations including faggots who weren't infantry and were thus 'afraid to shoot'. Theres a similar Army study that was finished around the same time as that one into first aid medicine concerning the use of tournaquits. They came to the conclusion that tournaquits caused a severe risk of lose of life but failed to acknowledge that the lose of life was due to a tournaquit being placed and then remaining there until the soldier was taken to a doctor which was almost always 20 or more hours and if bloodflow is cut off to a limb for more than an hour and then blood flow is reintroduced as in the soldier finally arrives to be seen by a doctor and the doctor removes the tournaquit all of the cells in that leg had already started to decay and the new bloodflow carries decomposition to the rest of the body causing irreversible shock.

Those two studies both set us back 80 years worth of military development.

t. corpsman

.22 is very effective if you put it in the butthole.

Karl is a wehraboo. Bretty cool dude. He thinks snipers should be allowed to use exploding ammunition and doesn't afraid of anything.

isn't .260 Remington really stronk though? Don't know much about firearms

Terrible shotgun. You know semi-auto shotguns have existed for over a century, right? We have semi-auto mag-fed shotguns too. There is no justification for a shitty revolver shotgun.

223/556 are great because girls love shooting them. Enough boom to make them wet, no recoil so they can actually hit something.

so you're not supposed to stop the bleeding with tournaquits?

I kinda love these GWACS lowers. They look cool with the streamlined look. They're also the only polymer lowers I'll ever buy.

You are. Just don't leave them on as the wound rots.

Nice strawman argument, fag, not calling them based either but most leftists and Holla Forums faggots don't even like Stalinism, especially your standard liberal antifa faggots that are more likely to be generic marxists or bernout type socialists

the reason Donbass rebels use soviet symbolism is

but of course i already explained this to you and called your whole argument in advance in

tl;dr that does not excuse defending the Ukrainian government which still promotes far more faggotry than the Russian government or one aligned with it again

Does it matter? It's a two lug rotating bolt on a long stroke piston, we did that. Gas expansion is crazy simple, requires less parts, and all the parts can be made with simple shit found in a Harbor Freight catalog. Take apart your AR's BCG and see how simple it is.

How do you keep your blade sharp if you refuse to sharpen it?

Go tell the blackpilled europoors that we can also reload our brass while your at it.

Confirmed for not knowing what leftyfaggots are.
Oh I know that most Russians assume USSR with good times, just like how kikes assume little boys with dick sucking. Just because "its dey cultcha" doesn't mean it's right. Stalin should've killed 60 million more.

You are. But there was a lot of bullshit about it until qualified military trauma medicine experts were able to fucking reach them. However that study was used to prohibit the use of tournaquits stateside. EMT's and such are explicitly instructed not to use them I was also in a volunteer fire department And if you use a tournaquit, no matter how badly a patient needed it, you open yourself up to lawsuits if any kikes catch wind of it.

quick instruction on proper tq use: you put that fucker on either 4 or more inches above the wound or if the wound is the lower leg or forearm you put it above the elbow or knee since the vessels in the distal limbs arent able to be closed off since they are protected by two bones which limit leverage. And after the you have stopped the bleeding with the tournaquit you write on the guys head what the time was, 30-40 minutes later you start loosening it AS SLOWLY AS POSSIBLE in order to reintroduce bloodflow correctly. You do it very slowly and only loosen a little bit. Then you wait 20-30 minutes and do the same thing, just a little bit looser because too much and the bloodflow will blow out the freshly coagulated blood that repaired the vessels. Continue until the tq is removed and replace with a pressure bandage that is tight enough to restrict bloodflow a bit but loose enough that the toes and fingers still have capillary refill, which means you pinch the finger nail, it turns white and when you release it regains color within 15 seconds.

Hey, that's pretty good.

Speak for yourself, fuccboi
t. Holla Forums

Stalinism really isn't popular except among tankies, which are the same ones that worship North Korea

Even I remember from first aid class 30 years ago that you were supposed to loosen it for ~5 mins every ~30 mins.

Stalinists also worship NK too. Hell, I'll even say it's the most kosher form of Communism. At least with the Soviets winning the war it would secure the massive killings of ethnic slavs for at least another 25 years.

top kek, in that case they would most likely be Ukrainians or one of the nations you are whining about rather than Russians

this, although mandatory fuck off back to your own board

thanks for clarifying how to use a tq
i would have just tied that fucker down and left it on since i don't really have any first aid education

Actually ethnic Russians were the primary targets of WWII

Fuck, not WWII
I meant to say gulags

nice water pistols. where are the tanks?

right here boss

Russians specifically developed 5.45 in response to the effectiveness of 5.56 they saw in vietnam. And guess what, they use mostly 5.45 AK variants untill this day.

Haha guiz, look at my new toy!
*Gets fucked bt a rocketlauncher*
Muh armor…

Source faggot, and this is highly variable depending on what year

In any case, Russian citizens were overall less affected by purges, the holodomor/famines, gulags/repression than most other soviet nations and citizens, especially after WW2.

I really hope you're not implying that.

You drew exactly the opposite of the correct conclusion.

No, that's a retarded tourniquet meme taken from an old TV show and has no basis in reality. Do you rip off a bandaid every hour and then put it back on? Read:
…though the correct answer for someone who isn't a medic is "tighten that fucker down and then leave it on until you get the person to a medic". Don't even think of loosening it unless you are more than 4 hours from trained medical assistance. Also, protip: you can't put a tourniquet on a neck. This has apparently been an issue.

BTW, the correct first approach to bleeding is direct pressure on the wound. Most people know this, but what they *don't* know is that the pressure should be as focused as possible on the source of the bleeding. Think "finger in the dike" not "broad, diffuse pressure". Two fingers pressing on the source is going to be better than a whole palm which is better than just putting a sandbag on the wound.

Not at all, i just want a source for your claims and a context for at what time

Cool news, but completely BS conclusion you are getting to. You do realize that if there are guns out there that require a specific caliber then there will be manufacturers who will make ammo for it. Also, 5.56 is a great caliber for figthing armorless monkies in close quarters. Currenlty every 1st and second world country is transitioning to some sort of a flack vest and usage of slight optics, you need a caliber that is lethal at longer ranges but you'd gladly still have large mags.

The Army has already built and played around with an AR-12 within the Army Marksmanship Unit. It's roughly between the two platforms with regards to weight and affords a larger magazine well, which is the principle problem with the AR-15 and compromise rounds like the 6.5 Grendel and the 6.8 SPC aren't realistic military options.
It is far too slow, not at all flat enough, and needs a longer barrel than the military is interested in fielding. Grendel is a good hunting round for people already invested in the AR platform, but that's pretty much it. It requires new mags, new barrels, and new bolts. Once you're into all of that, it makes little sense not to move to a new platform that isn't squeezed into the AR-15's mag well.

If they move to a new caliber, it will likely be far more powerful than maybe people are expecting. Remember, it will be focused on achieving "overmatch" capability with regards to range and trajectory while also needing to square off against peer and near-peer forces equipped with modern body armor.

It's going to be high-velocity with a high BC bullet targeting a barrel probably no longer than 17 inches.

even better would be a rudimentary knowledge of anatomy and pressure points. Just because the hole is near the guys knee doesnt mean that the vessel didnt completely detach and roll up inside the limb like in that scene in black hawk down, that is a medics worst nightmare Its definitely a bit more advanced knowledge but if someones bleeding in the middle of their inner thigh the best course of action is to jam your knee into the femoral artery where the leg joints the pelvis/crotch and then put the tournaquit on. This ensures that you are immediately slowing blood flow as much as possible.

Field trauma medicine really boils down to common sense + knowledge of anatomy. That being said I could teach a retard how to render decent enough first aid to function as an assistant in an hour but to teach an intelligent person to be a good field medic would take me a year.

Uh, the combat troops in WW2 and even Vietnam were all men. They also had stricter boot camp and training. Nowadays they bend over backwards to accomodate SJW and other subversions.

Men in WW2 didn't have to carry literally 60 pounds of body armor and gear.

And the government enforces this… how? Doesn't sound like you really thought this one through, OP.

Why not just get a new, but already-made rifle?

nigger you have no idea how ammunition works, do you. let me give you a hint: any jackass can make it with about $600 worth of specialized tools and maybe $100 worth of materials

Are you people fucking retarded?

Do you have any knowledge of these weapons platforms besides memes? to actually prove that AR pattern rifles somehow are

What is your reasoning to replace the AR platform of rifles with slav shit?

You realized that Russia developed the 5.45 cartridge based on witnessing the effectiveness of 5.56 in vietnam? Guess what Russia's standard issue rifle is? AK74m in 5.45.

5.56 and 5.45 are incredibly effective on humans, the fragmentation of 5.56 and tumbling of the 5.45 creates massive tissue damage and breaks and fragments bone.

7.62x39 is not as lethal because it tends to bore a hole through and through, not efficiently transferring it's energy into the target. It excels in
barrier penetration through brush, walls etc because of it's larger weight.

High velocity, small bore cartridges such as 5.56 and 5.45 are much more efficient at piercing armored targets such as plates and bullet resistant glass, especially with m855 from a 20" barrel, but you lose some of the effectiveness because of the steel penetrator.

They also are easier to hit targets at long range because of higher velocity means less leading of targets as well as less bullet drop.

The type of direct impingement uses less parts than any short stroke gas piston. inb4 muh shit were it eats. The carrier key on the bcg functions as a piston would in a short stroke, gas hits the carrier key and pushes the bolt back.

Direct impingement also increases accuracy because of the lack of moving parts.

this isn't fucking 50's soviet russia, multi lug rotating bolts aren't some sort of witch craft

the more locking lugs, the more consistent bolt lock up which increases the accuracy of the rifle. An AR bcg is not complicated unless you are literally retarded.

The m14 action is shit, there is a reason it has been abandoned.

Go look at the heritage of the recent H&K and SIG designs then come back and tell me how shit the AR platfrom is.

Jesus christ educate yourself before you post regurgitate memes from the internet.

not getting into that in this post but TL:DR the goverment armories such as springfield were intentially trying to sabotage the M16 (sucessfully with the AR10 during 50's trials which adopted that piece of shit M14) as well as goverment trying to cheap out on materials,claiming the rifles were self cleaning, not issuing cleaning kits and not consulting Armalite when they decided to make changes to the powder.
youtube.com/watch?v=lLYLkrethQA

because bullpups suck

Relevant:
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/15/usmc-socom-want-general-dynamics-lightweight-medium-machine-gun/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/17/breaking-usmc-releases-rfi-new-infantry-rifles-uppers-optics-suppressors-targets/

They probably won't ditch the 5,56 though. I mean there are literally billions of mil spec rounds already there. The armed forces are also run by kikes.>>9934133

By that you mean the 300m effective range everyone agreed upon.
It seems that the 6.5 is going to take the mantle though. Armor technology is going to get better and people want to cover more range with a caliber.
Also
70 years of fighting nothing but naked chinks and niggers have warped your perception.

Meanwhile…in America

If you think this is bad or a conspiracy or jews you should actually kill yourself. No joke.
The reason the USA even use 5.56 in th first place instead of a superior round like 6.5 or 6.8 is jews (lobbying).

Also I would like to add, I believe if the military needs more combat effectiveness at range, they should get rid of the m14 in it's dmr role and adopt something better.

Yes yes I am aware of the m12, sr25,m110, those are more specialized for marksmen roles then they would need to be for average infantry and are very expensive.

I think they should adopt something like the SCAR H or AR10 with the standard acog in order to equip one or two men who are the best shot's in the squad with a .308 battle rifle in order for longer distance shots if need be.

Essentially can the m14 for something better and hand out more DMR's to squads.

Yeah you're a confirmed retard. This is not how it works at all.

In what way is this degenerate?

The death of proper calibers. I will avenge the 10mm…

Also relevant.
Indeed the telescoped 6.5 in development is already in the 6.5 Creedmoor range.
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/11/interview-kori-phillips-program-officer-lsat-ctsas-part-1-program-history-ammunition-technical-discussion/

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/18/interview-kori-phillips-program-officer-lsat-ctsas-part-2-ammunition-technical-discussion-contd/

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/25/interview-kori-phillips-program-officer-lsat-ctsas-part-3-development-6-5mm-ct/

Seriously powerful shit. If they get this rifle down to 7.5 lbs unloaded, I will consider joining ZOG for a short time just to fire it.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/28/back-future-textron-displays-newest-polymer-cased-telescoped-firing-rifle/

This only applies to militaries that are limited by the hague convention to jacketed bullets, soft point or hollow point larger caliber bullets are far more effective in soft tissue
a 154gr SP 7.62x39 bullet expanding to over .750" is going to leave far more tissue damage and immediate blood loss than either fragmentation or yawing from a smaller round, video related

bullshit as well, this depends entirely on range
at closer range a larger round with a hardened core like 7N23 will have superior penetration but a lighter and longer/aerodynamic round like 5.45 is better at longer ranges
gunrf.ru/rg_patron_7_62x39_eng.html

I've lost twenty pounds in the last two weeks. the secret? Don't eat as much you fat fuck.

I'd give up soda and lose more faster. But honestly, fuck that. I love my coke.

German ww2 logic. You do know everyone had 8mm back then right? It is current year +2 already.
One marksman cannot have the same effectiveness of a whole squad with a powerful caliber.

This is true.

However, the wounds a typical Holla Forumstard will encounter are unlikely to be combat trauma. If someone untrained sees blood spurting, the "spraying spout" is typically where they should be applying the pressure.

Too bad they didn't have the quikclot-impregnated gauze sponges back then. There are nice videos of the sponges achieving hemostasis on a pig with a transected femoral artery. I EDC it in case I can't achieve arterial hemostasis via direct pressure in an emergency.

Honestly, if some anons just man up and leave their basement more often, they will lose weight like crazy.

What's keto? I'm not a /fit/bro. I guess I should probably become one if I hope to live during the upcoming race war.

They carried much less in total, faggot. Go educate yourself.

Jesus fucking Christ, learn more about guns please. It is a fun hobby.
Wisdom starts at terminology and gun knowledge doesn't start at Call of Duty.

You probably don't want to take up Keto if you want to survive SHTF.
Keto is basically limiting your total carb consumption to 50 - 100 mg a day. The best way to lose fat tbh. And you get to eat fat and not working out (of course that will help more, but not all of us have the time or strength to follow throught).

For race war, I recommend a truly balanced diet of both carbs and protein and you should lift and bit and run more. Shooting and fighting skill should already be on the book. Any trade you are talented at or already mastered will also come in handy.

The body and brain work just fine in ketosis, and you got your measurements wrong, it's 30-50 GRAMS of carbs per day max. Keto is more for cutting weight then increase carb intake (to about 150ish) on heavy cardio days if you really need the extra energy.

looks like an AK-74 with some sci fi

The thing is that in keto your calories limits stay the same, and it is pretty damn expensive to fill that with only protein and veggies, user. I'm still poor.

Thanks for the correction though. 30-50 GRAMS is the proper keto measurements. But I did lose 10kg ( 22lbs) in 2 month without working out with up to 50 - 100 gr carbs a day.

for shtf i would recommend full cardio. running, climbing and otherwise moving is going to be way more useful than getting swole and lifting heavy things

Thanks for the info guys.

We never signed the Hague convention. Hollowpoint is shit at penetrating anything with a hint of armor and barriers. Which are things you tend to have to shoot through in war.

So basically they're wasting money dicking around with something that really has no reason to exist.

We're talking about replacing 5.56, not .308. And on top of that the rounds mentioned in the OP are "compromise rounds" as well, just skewed more towards a weaker .308 than stronger 5.56.

And with that trade-off you get better terminal ballistics (especially penetration, with that wonderful BC) and accuracy at range. You know, two of the main reasons people complain about 5.56.

Bullshit; the difference is marginal until 500+ and then the 6.5 outperforms 5.56.

So what, the military is going to be fielding what's basically a gimped full-power cartridge out of a carbine-length barrel? That's retarded even for uncle sam.

And yet buying uppers is still cheaper and logistically easier than buying complete rifles.

At what cost?

Yeah, good luck with that. With a barrel that long the rate of return you get on bang you get for your buck rapidly diminishes. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new DMR emerge from this though.

Neat.

There was actually some irony involved.
>Britfags: Oh hey, chappies! how about an intermediate cartridge, guv? This might be a right tiptop idea, if I may be so bold.
>America: Muh dick. No weak-ass pussy cartridges in NATO, you rotten teeth bastards.
>America: Hello NATO bitch countries allies. Why are you all stupidly using a battle rifle cartridge for everything when an intermediate cartridge would be far superior for typical infantry combat? Here's our new 5.56x45 standard cartridge everyone in NATO is going to use.
Britfags:

The .280 is now vindicated because the propsed 6.5 CT is hot as hell, literally.

telescoped as in caseless?

It has a larger magazine well that can accommodate longer ogive bullets.
We might be talking about replacing BOTH.
You'd get even better terminal ballistics by firing the same projectiles common to Grendel from a case with a larger volume of powder operating under higher pressures – which is clearly crossing the Army's mind with rounds like .264 USA.
But it doesn't outperform higher velocity 6.5 rounds.
They haven't committed to anything, but that's a far more likely outcome than adopting 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC. They aren't going to switch to a bullpup and they are moving in the direction of making suppressors standard kit, so a 20" barrel likely isn't happening.
How would I know?
I think there's a school of thought inside corners of the Army that would like the individual rifleman to be closer to a DM period.

No, it means that everything is inside the case, propellant and even the bullet. It also employs plastic casing, because that is the only way to make it worth developing.
And oh boy, did it? 123gr at 3000 ft/s from a carbine length barrel. Making me all hot and bothered.

but does it eject normally or does it use a different system? I'd prefer caseless but Pulse Rifles never ever apparently.

Of course not. The entire chamber rotates IIRC, the case is plastic therefore too sticky for normal extraction. You should read the articles.

Maybe when the race war is over?

It looks like a cross between the Px4 Storm and the P232.

**if this gets multiple replies let it be known drunkposting is both effective and highly degenerate; never drink, anons. I'm 5/10 drunk, 10 being blackout, so I have half-able cognition, and I never recommend it. Please don't drink. If there was ever a reason for you to not drink, let this be it. Even drunkards (during drinking, not neccessarily drunkards meaning often drunk, since I drink rarely) will tell you not to drink. drinking is a temporary solution for a long term problem. Smirnoff is garbage. BBut it works! After I wake up tomorrow I will engage on the most prestegious straight-edge mission possible as hitler would've wanted.

Another question: how big exactly is a 10x24 caseless boolit? It's not the pistol round is it?

From the measurements from the wiki and the name, should be about the size of the 10mm irl tbh
Don't take Aliens seriously, it is retarded

Sounds like a large auto-pistol/carbine round to me. Your typical 9mm handgun cartridge is 9x19 for example.

Blanket statements with no evidence suck even more.

So does the AR-10.

Not in the context of OP's article we're not.

You also increase the recoil and weight and for more than a marginal return on all of that flash and recoil you need a longer barrel and a heavier receiver wouldn't hurt either.

Not exactly sure what you're saying here.

Maybe for replacing the .308 in the DMR role, but not the 5.56.

Thank god.

A few COs playing around with the idea does not count as "moving in the direction of making suppressors standard kit". With supersonic ammo the benefit is marginal anyway; you can pretty much just use a flash hider and get the same effect.

You should stop posting. Or go back to the 1950s when CAD didn't exist.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/11/silencing-cometh-usmc-unit-deploys-norway-suppressors-doesnt-want-go-back/

Why are nogunz always the biggest gun autists? Retarded at that…

And not just from your technical ignorance, I can tell from the way you type on this subject. Seriously, lurk more then start doing your own research in forum using correct terminology. Don't make a fool of yourself. I don't even care if you own an AR.

http ://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/deadliest-assault-rifles/

yeah but since it's caseless, wouldn't that affect the size? It seems to be much larger than regular 10mm auto

Yes, it is user, now drink something ok like Popov or a cheap scotch

Listening to MSM talking about guns make me want to suck start a 12 gauge.
Won't even go there tbh

What?

Since there isn't even a mock up to compare to, no idea.
It is still retarded though, just look at the bullet, no way any army will adopt something like that, terrible aerodynamics and everything

You should read what I wrote more carefully.

>thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/11/silencing-cometh-usmc-unit-deploys-norway-suppressors-doesnt-want-go-back/
Again: playing with the idea on a deployment to a first-world ally does not make a trend.

how can you know? also I think it's "self-stabilizing" or something like that, not sure.

I found this also:
futurewarstories.blogspot.com.br/2013/11/the-weapons-of-science-fiction-m41a1.html

Bullpups are a meme. They're comfortable when shouldered, but that's about it. They're awkward and unbalanced when carried in any other position. The only advantage they offer is a smaller OAL for civilians, which wouldn't be an issue were it not for the stupid and gay NFA.

Plus, something about the round's detonation happening right underneath my face makes me squeamish. What happens when there's a malfunction like pics related? How many trips to the plastic surgeon will it take to fix you up after something like that?

This looks more sci-fi than the guns in Aliens and Starship Troopers combined.

Don't shoot spiked ammo then

The AK was designed by Germans…

Stop this autism and ignorance right now. You bring shame to Onkel Adi.

Even beyond Hugo Schmeisser, just about everything in and about the AK is stolen elsewhere (safety from the Remington Model 8, trigger mechanism from the Garand etc).

Commies gonna commie.

"Don't eat contaminated food ever."
That is basically what you are saying. Shit happens, and we want to get hurt less when it happens.

This logic means that we stole everything from shitskins, from paper to numbers. Stop your ignorance pls.

False on every level.

Oh the irony.

By your retarded logic the AR stole DI system from a swedish rifle made at the turn of 20th century.

Ignorance, retardation and arrogance. What a nice combination. Truly a model NS for Adolf to be proud of.

Nice anti-gun propaganda, kike.

Nope not at all, since the AR doesn't use the same DI system as the Ljungman, whereas the AK uses the exact same components stolen from other gun designs, copied even down to some notches and crannies!

Accusatory inversion, typical of kikes.

You've shown yourself to be an anti white shill in
by falsely claiming that whites stole everything from shitkins (when in reality it was whites which invented almost everything, see Charles Murray) now you revealed yourself to be an actual jew by using their most common rhetorical device.

Filtered and reported you filthy kike.

Did it take you 10 min to google the Ljungmann rifle, kike?
You are trying to discredit the movement with ignorance and disinfo.
Every invention is built upon existing patents and inventions. You are trying to make Holla Forumsacks look like nogunz.

Too bad it wasn't gunpowder then, eh? WE WUZ is for niggers.

No one would care. All this would do is increase prices slightly due to a lack of surplus ammo.

How retarded are you OP? You do realize that tons of people make their own ammunition? And you can make the brass too if you're autistic enough, i've made 40 Super brass from even .308 Win with a lot of time and autism.

Secondly why would anyone care about a obscure cartridge there arent guns readily available for. The most they can do is tell Lake City to stop selling surplus.

This will never happen. And do you even know what .223 Rem is?

You really are this retarded aren't you?

ffs

With a ballistics computer and range finder it wouldnt really matter what the height over bore is.

With an EMP strike and flat battery it might.

Leverage about the CoG would be lower though, so that would be a plus for it.

Wait is so strange about this? Gun design has reached a plateau, there is very little that can be improved in modern firearms. The only way you can make them better is through ergonomics and by improving the bullets.

Fucking Burgerfats and their
Confederate flag gets banned
No Amerifat does a fucking thing
No Amerifat does a fucking thing to stop it

News of new bullets and guns for army to spread their liberation across the world against any country that isreal doesn;t like
New tools to kill for zog

Underslung Water Filter

You need to leave. Fucking newfagshills always trying to sage inappropriately.

It's reached a plateau because of physics. That's one of the reasons why the military is investing so hard in "power assisted" exoskeletons and so on. You get over the hurdle of that, then you can once again start increasing the firepower of a gun, have no fear of using coil guns/rail guns that are portable and won't break bones.

i'm going to have to ask you to fucking stop

I dont get the point of this fucktard spending
most of wat does the US's heavylifting is clandestine CIA/niggers shit

money is better spent on a sattelite based nuke detterent or an ion cannon

No?

well, fine then.

Blackout doesn't generate enough velocity.

So the yanks kill the FAL then they decide in the long run they're gonna adopt an equivalent anyways.
Fucks sake fucking yanks.

That's an unhealthy rate of weight loss.
Be careful, it can affect the heart.

Slow things down a bit and lose at a steady rate so your body can adapt.

Sucking that NATO dick i see? Can't wait see the EU collapsed and Germany in further debt then Greece

And yet is is used.

Just because famas sucked doesn't mean all bullpups are shit.
You do realize new technologies need time to be refined?
Early guns were shit.

Kek the French are ditching the Famas to buy German made AR 18 copies.

Maybe I should do an abortion thread too so we can find and ID more leftypols. KEK

Imagine being a soldier and having to take commands from a female president.

Imagine having a hag commanding you whom to kill. How degrading isn't that?

…is that a bolt action AK
What the fuck? Why would anyone do that?

I think you mean .280 British

Hey Dorothy, Imagine being a flying monkey working for the wicked witch of the west…

300 blackout is all fine and dandy but it's not what the military needs. 300 BLM has the dvantage of cycling reliably with pretty much any grain bullet, and you can go from a round that's effective at similar ranges to an AK to a round with similar ballistics to a .45 for a gun that's no louder than its action cycling.

That being said, its not that great past 300-400 meters and it's garbage against body armor. The 5.56 is an accurate and fast round, but you have to put a few rounds into someone to reliably drop them, and even then they don't typically die right there on the spot.

The 5.56 has never been put up against a force that issues body armor either. Hell, when I served I encountered ONE sandnigger wearing a plate carrier. He was about 150 meters away and I couldnt tell you how many times I plugged him. I eventually just said fuck it and dumped my mk 32 in his general direction

Tablet changed blk to blm. Fucking kek.

/k/ here, do you have any idea how easy it is to reload 5.56 or buy a new AR upper in the new cartridge?

Jesus Christ Holla Forums calm down, 5.56 was shit fof a long time, it needs replacing.

Since the cartridges they're examining have longer COALs, this would not be the case. With that said the retards here apparently dont know AR10s exist either.

Have you ever done a 12 mile march with a 240B or M249? It is obnoxious to carry after about mile 1.

I could see them making this change if this new rifle could phase out the M249, otherwise the change would be pointless.

6.5 is nice, but it makes more sense to change up their belt-feds than the service rifles. 5.56 has some really decent projectiles/loadings available these days.

They're switching to 5.7x28mm.
SCAR-57's for everyone S O O N

360 no scoping

That's not what "currently commercially unavailable" means. There will be enough demand for the next "super elite military OPERATOR rifle's bullet" that someone will make an AR-15 upper that shoots it.
This isn't just illegal, it's not going to happen. The price will go up, but .223 Remington was varmint round before the M-16 was fielded.

But let's say I didn't convince you: buy a pistol-caliber carbine. 9mm isn't going away anytime soon, and if you git gud at machining, maybe you can make the next great Luty.

It tears people in half.

What we really need is something with more kick than the SAW/M-249, not some Buck Rogers anchor that the defense contractors want to push on the taxpayer. And the grunts have to lug around. The lightweight 5.56 performs like shit in the mountains where you're engaging targets that are barely in range of the round. That gets even worse when we issue everyone a short-barreled M-4. Some of the units pulled old M-14s out of wherever they could find them to use the 7.62, but that's not a solution. A better/bigger round and a new barrel and upper receiver/buffer assembly would 'fix' the M-16/M-4. A heavier light machine gun is the 1st thing to do, though.

OUR PENCIL-WIDE BULLETHOLES ARE TOO INEFFICIENT! I KNOW, LET'S SWITCH TO NEEDLE-WIDE HOLES! THAT'LL BE PERFECT

noguns yuropoor detected

go for it m8, i also lost like 40kg since i started coming here, im still quite overweight, but its just a small dash left

basic armament is not a fucking sniper rifle
average engagement rarely exceeds 400 yards
changing caliber and changing your armory when you trillions of dollars is fucking pants on head retarded

if your dumbass sends troops into mountainous areas, give them mountain gear instead of trying to arm your entire military around fighting in the middle of the himalayas

BWAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHAHAAAAA

You're forgetting the critical factor, the military is having to arm women, trannies, niggers, and beta numales with low test. Big heavy rifles with heavy rounds are going to have to be phased out in order to be more tolerant to accomodate the future soldier.

Maybe if you didn't have to have a huge military to enforce the petrodollar :^)

The problem with coil guns and rail guns isn't the recoil. It's the power requirements. And in the case of railguns, rail erosion. Hyper-velocity rifle rounds exist today too but have the same problem as railguns, rapid barrel erosion.

Chemical rifles are supperior to electric. Railguns and coilguns are memes created by science fiction media. Everybody who lacks critical thinking believes they'll be the future because they saw the future depicted that way in their movies, video games, paperback fiction, etc. The energy density and reliability of smokeless power won't be beat, in 150 years everyone will still be using rifles based on the ones we have today.

I'm glad they're adopting something diffrent instead of another special snow flake Ar Variant.

No, bullpups fundamentally suck. The ergonomics are all wrong, they're inherently more dangerous to the shooter, and they optimize for a problem nobody actually has (except for American civilians dealing with SBR bullshit.)

95% of bullpup sales are due to meme marketing. Like the (((Tavor))), the plastic spacegun shell of which was designed before the action of the rifle was. Complete marketing wank, designed to impress dumbshit mall ninjas.

No, it's going to be another AR/AK variant. They'll change the caliber, maybe decide to go with a piston like the muhreens want and not because of "shit where you eat" memes, they want it because gas tubes are a weak point during sustained automatic fire, maybe throw on a folding buttstock, but ultimately it won't be much different from a the sort of shit you already see on the market. There aren't any good ideas left, we've already explored all the mechanical ideas that make sense, the only thing left is to mix and match features until we find the most optimal configuration.

Whenever you see shit like that, it's a good bet it was made by some central asian nigger, like the khyber pass gunsmiths, or some other gunsmith in the general region doing what they can typically without real machine tools.

k

alcohol more or less does the same, I dropped it and anything bready and lost 40 lbs, boot camp where food was highly restricted couldn't even make me lose weight. 300, great job man

You don't need exercise for keto either

In shtf the ability to stay fat while doing manual labor on a mixed diet will be a good thing. I've got food and grow my own, but if I saw shtf imminent I'd be fattening up as much as possible

The US signed the hague convention in 64, and it is the reason why no military uses non-FMJ ammo hcch.net/en/states/hcch-members/details1/?sid=76

Heavier bullets are also inherently better at penetrating barriers, 5.56 defects much easier and has shit tier penetration even compared to lead core 7.62x39

Top kek

So you just reiterated my points. I said that the AR's BCG and Gas Expansion system is super fucking simple. Even the Gas rings could be stamped out on a homemade die. Personally, I find no real fault to it, seeing as how it's designed for easy maintenance. The AR beats out the AK due to shear availability of parts and ease of manufacture.

Bongs can't have full auto AKs, but they CAN in fact have bolt action AKs.

Well we didn't have shopping carts back in the day, modern day humans are pussies

That doesn't mean that shopping carts aren't useful

Sounds like R&D is bored.
youtube.com/watch?v=5REI-_WJKuY&t=121s

They're the lost sons of Finngis Khan.

how about you stopshitposting until you reach the age of military service and then enlist. after a 5 year contract come back and tell us what you think your mistake was, you LARPing dumbass

t. a LARPING underage faggot who thinks warfare is like in videogames

But where does the bayonet go?

who?

t. Butthurt slavnigger

Don't piss on them, given their lack of advanced tools they are actually doing an impressive job.

it fires one

Nigs arnt human. Do you feel sad when you kill an ant?

We're going into Metal Gear Revengeance territory

Us military don't use bayonets anymore.
They do issue knives (though not sure if universally) but they don't use them on a rifle anymore.
Don't even teach troops bayonet combat anymore.

Brits still do. And have been responsible for both bayonet charges of the modern era.

This will be the third time we've seriously looked at a .250-.280 caliber round; first we had the .276 Pederson that was killed by McArthur and then we experimented with one in the AR10 and now we're here.

Get a load of this faggot right here. Obviously has never spent a complete day in the field with a rifle. Seeing an enemy carrying that halo cosplay piece of shit is christmas morning to anyone who know what the fuck they are talking about, aka not you.

Holy shit grandpa welcome hom.e from amren I guess it's shitty but its the best we got right now

Get the fuck off this board.

Yeah I misread, I got into an autistic rage at 2am and replied to everyone in the chain. I mistook it for someone saying AK bolt carriers are simpler so AR's should be replaced with AK's.

Your max squat isn't your typical equipment load dipshit.

honestly if you just gradually wean yourself off you'll lose a taste for it. I haven't drank a coke and years, but every time I try it taste like pure sugar/syrup. The only thing I still drink besides water is sweet tea, I'm from the south and rejecting that would be blasphemy.

Danger will robinson! Summer approaches, underage and b& off the port bow!

So what? It's literally nothing.
But that doesn't matter to reloaders.
They ignore them, and reloaders won't give a shit.
This is dumb. There is demand, someone will make it happen. Banning one type of ammo as AP was retarded as fuck and didn't happen. Banning a caliber when there are far more destructive rounds out there would take a new level of jewry not yet seen.
Retarded. See previous points.
They have been trying this since the NFA was passed. It STILL hasn't worked. Get fucked.

Pic related.

People shit in the mdr because it's taking a while no one complains about the scar17s r&d period though, but it looks very promising. And hang a suppressor off the front and a high power variable over the middle like pic related best imo I bet you could balance it right near the trigger, which ought to be ideal.

Keto is a weight loss diet, you use it to cut down to a weight that you feel comfortable maintaining, then match your carbohydrate intake to your activity level. It is good for fatties that can't exercise too much because of their size by getting them to a state where more common exercises are easier. Would not recommend doing during SHTF because you'll be completely out of energy. Would recommend it for anyone wanting to slim down moderately quickly with low exercise

It will take at the very least 15 years to make the switch. And the military is an institution with a lot of inertia when it comes to phasing out equipement. The Browing M2 machine gun has been produced for almost a hundred years and is still in use by armies around the world right now.
I didn't notice anything about that in the article. What is usuallu banned is either very large calibers or "cop killers". It would be very strange if they banned civilian purchase of the new ammo, but allowed smaller and larger. Of course, gun grabbers are very evil, so I would never rule out such idiocy.
I didn't read anything about that in the article, and banning the manufacturing of one of the most popular rifle ammunition types in the whole world is not what they would start doing.
Yeah, right! I just don't see that, unless they start kicking down doors and grabbing your ammo.
Again, that is a very unlikely scenario.
I agree they do all they can for (((circumventing))) the 2nd amendement, but this is not how they do it. What they do instead is California-style bullet buttons and shit like that. What they first do is making it a hassle owning firearms and forcing you to (((register))) them. I just don't see the connection between ditching the M16 platform/5.56 and gun grabbing.

You've clearly never visited /k/

That's an LR85 of some sort. Why the fuck would we want to adopt that?

According to the interview linked earlier the gun has a shifting chamber. The reason for the different ejection method has nothing to do with sticky plastic but rather because it is mechanically simpler and more reliable to push the spent cartridge out with a fresh new one, instead of pulling it out with an extractor.

gas yourself

No prob. On A side note, the AR could use beefier lugs though.

As much as I would like to see it get adopted, I doubt they will be able to make it 2 lbs lighter. They designed it with FEA from the ground up, so they probably added all the lightening operations already and don't have much to go without threatening durability. To be fair however, increasing the caliber/velocity means bigger, heavier parts, so with a comparable caliber AR it would have to weigh more than 6.5 lbs unloaded and stripped.

More like

1. Government decides to change their most common round to something pretty damn obscure.
2. Government says that civilians are not authorized to purchase the new obscure ammunition.
3. Civilians carry on as anyways.
4. Government faces severe issues with their supply chain.
5. DOTR comes and ZOGbots don't have ammo for their guns, proceed to get BTFO.

I want my fish gun dammit

This is complete nonsense. A 5.56 can fire .223 just fine. And .223 is civilian ammo used for pest control.

Banning .223 would never fly.

They're going back to the .270. The round the M1 was originally designed for.

the modern M4s and their clones are actually more reliable and more accurate than an AK when properly maintained. The reason the AK is so popular is you can give it to uneducated niggers and it will still be useable. Whereas the M4/M16/AR15 is the weapon of a trained professional.

If they shave just one pound off of it, I will join ZOG to shoot it.

Something to trigger nogunz, CODkiddies and impoverished faggots with

Uneducated niggers and commie sympathizers on suicide watch. These two videos caused so much butthurt, some faggots on /k/ literally tried to attack the "quality" of the mud.

My favorite one is when they mud test the tavor and they need 2 videos to show how shit it is. Shills were crying for days about how Karl didn't wipe mud out of the ejector hole.

OOMMGG WHAT AM I GONNA DO WIT MY AR!^S

Fuck off with your niche caliber hype

InRangeTV is pretty great. They've got the best quality mud around.

I plan to be you some day. I have a long way to go but I'm down thirty pounds since finding Holla Forums

I can't wait for my taxes to be spent rearming the entire fighting force with a new meme cartridge, rifle, and light-machine gun!

That's, not redditspacing, that's
spacing.

Gotta get better weaponry to kill ragheads! I figure if they wanted to fight other nations they would develop an intermediate somewhere between 5.56 and pistol in particular 5.7mm for urban settings.

That's why you start a global conflict so that you can phase out old weapons systems and munitions supplies in order to make way for new gear

Sounds like theyre trying to make the .300 blackout.

This is why I hate the U.S. military. Always doing everything half-assed. Just keep 5.56 or move up to 7.62. The 6.5 round has been analyzed to death by the gun community and it's pretty much a waste of time. It would take decades to build up to the point ammo becomes as common place and cheap as 5.56.

The time has long since passed to change rounds without moving to an already existing standard.

The issue with exploding rounds is they kill you if the gun jams, whereas a normal round probably won't even blow off fingers.

You DO know that the 6.5 CT in development is lighter, flies straighter and hits harder than your .308 win (yes the more powerful civilian equivalent) right? And the fully loaded prototype rifle weighs less than your typical 7.62 battle rifle empty, right?

The US armed forces are kiked to hell and back, no doubt. But a broken clock is right twice a day. And the gun community LOVES the 6.5 calibers, dipshit.

By their nature bullpups are more mechanically complicated. Name one thing they do better besides being slightly shorter.

This fucking cuckold. He spoke half truth again. No wonder why he is bullied by his "friend".

Air Assault

The interesting thing about Ruger is their owner was the one that came up with magazine bans.

Not going to happen. If they ditch 5.56 they'll fuck up all the logistics of all allies which someone won't allow.

No one stopped them when they went from 7.62 to 5.56. Or from 30-06 to 7.62.

America dictates the requirements for NATO.

Too bad the mods don't ban overemotional retards like yourself

You're wack and your shits all gay

Those particular exploding rounds only explode when they hit something, using an inertial firing pin inside the bullet. There's no fuse involved.

The video explicitly mentions that they only started using exploding rounds because the other side was using them. The Germans didn't use exploding bullets on Americans because Americans weren't using it on Germans.

The disparate war crimes during the war are a good first redpill. See also: American medics in Europe were unarmed, because Germans didn't shoot American medics. American medics in the Pacific were armed, because the Japanese specifically targeted medics. Moral: American and German troops had (broadly) compatible systems of honor, whereas the Japanese and Americans did not. You can of course nitpick this and go in-depth into all the war crimes perpetrated by Americans, but the real point you try to drill into a normalfag is that the Germans were not the indiscriminate monsters that Hollywood portrays them as. Even in the face of utter defeat, they exercised incredible restraint.

Another good example: Germany produced several tons of sarin nerve gas and the artillery shells to use it, but didn't use any of it. Not even in Stalingrad. Not even when Berlin was falling.

If you're comparing it to M80 ball ammo, then yes this is true. 6.5 CT is also using a bullet with a high ballistic coefficient, and if you used a comparable bullet in 308 Win it would be even better. At the end of the day 308 Win has a larger case capacity and with bullet BCs being equal, the larger case capacity will always win.

ftfy

This is even uglier than any nugget butchering i've seen on any /k/ thread.

Just stop. Oh wait, or are you tell us that you are going to increase bullet weight and reduce velocity? Killing the whole point?
The best .308 bullets are around 150 gr to 175 gr. And to push them to 3000 fps with these bullets in this caliber would create a 10 lbs at best. Which is something people are trying to avoid here.

*10 lbs rifle

not what he was talking about.

Before I go away
The 123 gr 6.5 CT flies at 3000fps out of a 12.7 INCHES barrel. Let that sink in. The 30 cal can never dream of that. Unless like I said, you make a 10 lbs rifle to withstand the pressure of all the propellant to make that happen.

I clearly said ballistic coefficient

They make them with far higher BCs than anything in that range. The Sierra's below have a BC of .711 compared to M80 ball's BC of .209

midwayusa.com/product/1482557247/sierra-matchking-bullets-30-caliber-308-diameter-240-grain-hollow-point-boat-tail

Go tell me what the BC, mass and velocity is of 6.5 CT and i'll put the data in to quickload/quicktarget and compare it to 308 if you're really interested.

You do realize you make bullets out of materials other than lead?

battle rifles can weigh less than that

VHS is a gay copy of FAMAS from an obscure eastern country.

Yeah the original was, the Croats just suck at copying.

For example did you know what this is.>>9938197

And where are you even getting this 3k fps claim? I cant find anything online supporting that from the army. And for all your bitching about wanting to avoid 10lb weapons. The carbine they're testing it in weighs 9.7lbs with iron sights.

Larger diameter requires heavier bullet to achieve higher BC. Time to read a book or own a real gun.

Jesus Chirst. That is a 240 gr bullet. Thanks for proving me right. Good luck making a military rifle for that thing that weigh less than 10 lbs unloaded. The increased chamber length alone would add a pound to the, after all the problems that come with it.

midwayusa.com/product/1270175131/lapua-scenar-bullets-264-caliber-65mm-264-diameter-123-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-boat-tail
This looks like the best 123 gr 6.5 on the market at the moment. They are probably using it for testing.

Bigger bullet need higher mass to achieve higher BC.
This is a fact.

And none of them would fire your 240 gr bullets.

Must be a real lazy nigger, you are.

I don't blame you for not finding my posts. But you are very illinformed.

The environmental issue with reliability isnt mud, because mud is avoidable and washable for fucks sake.

Put that same rifle in humid air, then in feeezing conditions, and watch it lock up. Or in an environment with extremely fine clay dust.

Another issue with M16/M4 is the fact that "proper maintenance" is complex and time consuming.

In this sense "reliability" is a bitch on logistics.

Also, the new 6.5 CT carbine that shoots 3000 fps with the 123 gr out of a 12.7 inches barrel? It weighs 9.7 pound with a full mag. Most .308 rifles weigh that much unloaded WITH a 18 inches, unless you are going pencil barrel, which no one will ever adopt for military use.
And those 18 inchers will never achieve 3000 fps in 30 cal without using lighter bullets, therefore shittier BC.
Lurk more, nigger. Not just here.

It takes me less than 20 minutes to field strip and clean my AR. Field expedient maintenance is even faster. Wipe and lube the bolt and carrier, run a wet and dry patch down the bore to get any heavy stuff. Congratulations, you have a working weapon.

Again, I said nothing about large diameters, that would be changing the calibre. I said ballistic coefficient.

Again no it doesnt,

noguns please, read the thread and see

The LSAT carbine weighs 9.7lbs. And all this requires is a barrel with a different twist rate which will have negligible effect on weight.

So you have no idea what they're doing, what you're talking about and are just repeating memes. Right… come back with some data.

Again no it doesnt, see different metals. Also the jacket doesnt have to be completely filled with the core material.

See barrel twist rate noguns.

You still have no source on this claim

My RFB is 8.1lbs unloaded

Again, different materials you retard.

l2reload noguns

So from South East Asia to Russia in a few minutes? Sound more probable than your rifle getting dropped in a gutter or on the ground. Yes sir. kek

The complain about "reliability" in sandniggerland is almost non existent nowadays, when people start lubing their damn rifle once a month.

5.56 isn't that great of a round but the point is that it's good enough. A solder can carry a lot more 5.56 ammo than say 7.62x39. 5.56 does its job and I really doubt were going to stop using it soon. Polymer cased telescoping ammo is the future.

The whole thing about the AR platform big unreliable is just a meme from Vietnam that's still being spread mostly by fudds. Modern AR variants are fine and have been fine for quite some time. I still think AR is a shit though.

how the fuck could the government suspend any civilian production of 5.56, or for that matter the new cartridge in the first place? it would have to have a valid reason to be restricted from interstate commerce and if it's a foreign rifle, there's a strong incentive for import or home reproduction of the cartridge. Let's not forget reloaders or boutique ammunition sellers. Let's also forget all the other long arms you can buy that's chambered in 7.62x39, 7.62x54, 9mm, 9x19, .45, .22, .300, .30-06, etc ad nauseum. There is no effective way for the government to ban the manufacturing and importation of ammunition unless (((Feinstein))) tier gungrabbing dems fill all 3 branches of government and with the current political climate that isn't happening soon and if it does it would be one of the smaller problems the US would face.

You know I'm beginning to see why they can't recommend tourniquets in good faith anymore.

Surely they must mean 6.5 grendel, right?

What makes a bullet ballistic coefficent?
Form factor and sectional density.
You dense nigger.
Read a fucking book.

You retarded subhuman. Your own post shown that the heavier the bullet in a caliber is, the more BC it is. You posted a fucking link to the 240 gr .308 ffs.
I double dare you or any fucker here to claim that a 123 gr or 175 gr .308 is going to fly with more BC than a 240 gr .308.
I double dare you.
Fucking retard.

What does that post even have with this discussion? Oh wow you have autism so you produced some shitty brass. Well done. Here is your twinkie on the floor. Go eat it.

Fully loaded with 20 rounds and a magazine. As much as a common AR 10 (that is accurate by modern standard) weighs unloaded.

I only have what Textron tells the world, you fucking retard. Still, that rifle shoots a 123 gr 6.5 CT bullet at 3000fps out of a 12.7'' barrel, so it shits all over your fudd piece of shit.
Retard.

Now it is my turn to ask you where is this magically shorter .308 bullet that isnt made with just copper and lead that is shorter and still is heavy enough to achive the BC of a 240 gr bullet.
You can't, fucking autist.

You are a retarded subhuman, aren't you? Twist rate doesn't help you burn powder. I wasn't even talking about rifling. So far, the only instance that .308 rifle breaks 3000 fps was with >20'' of barrel. And that is probably the only thing a non autist nogun retard could have further intepreted from my posts.

You retarded fucking subhuman.

Like I said, learn to read, NIGGER.

AHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Well memed. Did you break daddy's safe for it? How thick is the barrel on your vaporware? How long does it even how an acceptable group? There is a reason no agency even looks at Keltec's shits.

Oh ok, NIGGER. Show me this magical .308 bullet with >.771 BC not using lead and copper right now.

Stop breaking into daddy's workshop, kid.

Oh, found something:
keltecweapons.com/rifles/rfb24
18'' version
Weight unloaded: 8.1 lbs
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Plastic vaporware with pencil barrel weighs barely less than a prototype rifle shooting an entirely new cartridge.
KEK.
I would like to see any .308 with an 18'' barrel shooting anything that weigh more than 125 gr at 3000 fps. Double dare any motherfucker to do that. The community need more gore and cautionary tales.

It takes commies 0 minutes to do it with an AK, because it will last without cleaning for a whole war.

By the way what if you need to clean it but the enemy just keeps attacking? Call a time out?

Uh no sir, thats a 24 hour cycle in a continental climate.

Literally will never happen. There will always be circulation of men on the field. YOU play too much vidya.
And if fate does punch you in the face like that, you probably should have fucking lubed your rifle the month before.

That's why all those soldiers in Central Europe and SFs in Scandinavia complained constantly about the AR locking up.
Oh wait.
In 24h, the humidity would have already gone away and when you fire the first round, it should rock the weapon into battery. Unless you live in a tundra all the time and use a piece of shit. And never take care of your weapon like a nigger.

Good night.

There is no such thing as a not heavy combat rifle. I was a fucking beast as far as physical fitness goes when I was on deployment and let me tell ya an M16 with acog, peq15, surefire and a mag + 1 additional mag on the buttstock gets fairly fucking fatiguing after 4-5 hours of humping through some fucking sand nigger town raising that sun of a bit to your shoulder to sight in on a window every couple of seconds.

There were a couple of extra long, extra flashpointy patrols where I thought my fucking arms were gonna fall off. And this is when I would run 5 miles a day and curl 110 in each hand on a rest day.

Never underestimate how additional weight will fuck you up on the battle field. Especially since it isnt like in ww2 where they would carry 40# worth of equipment and a gun now its closer to 80# + armor that might as well weigh 100# because thats what it fucking feels like.

>I was a corpsman and had to carry 40# worth of medical equipment also

Aside from armor and ammo, what made up the bulk of the weight?

The CT carbine is using a 16.7" barrel, not a 12.7" barrel.

oglive shape

wtf is form factor, and SD is a function of weight and diameter, not BC

That projection coming from someone who doesnt reload

Again, for the third time, BC is not dependent on weight.

That i'm in to reloading enough that I have a $1000+ scale, and micrometer dies?

So it weighs more than my RFB does with a loaded 20rd magazine.

No it doesnt and I never said it did. The twist rate is required to allow the barrel to properly stabilize the bullet.

You were when you said existing battle rifles cant fire 240gr bullets.

>thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/28/back-future-textron-displays-newest-polymer-cased-telescoped-firing-rifle/
Still doesnt mention what the BC is, and without this data you cant figure out how quickly it will shed the velocity

wtf are you even talking about?

Stay jelly user

The barrel thickness tapers from .83 near the receiver to .75 near the muzzle, with some sections being ~1.5" thick. It certainly isnt a pencil barrel, and is thicker than the barrel on a M4.

Its pretty easily with sabots

Anyways stay mad with all your autistic screaching

Depends on the mission. The biggest thing that contributed to weight was water. A gallon or two of water a little more than one days supply in the desert on your back adds up quickly. Aside from that mostly odds and ends.. some hand tools in case you needed them.. batteries for your radio, surefire and nvg's.

But if you were going on a major mission that was going to be longer than a day and you need to bring your ruck with you and all your misc. supplies you would be looking at an additional 30-40#.

Ok your excuse seems to be to place all onus for a functional rifle on the user, and none on the designer of manufacturer. This doesnt disprove the claim that the rifle is fucked, in fact by arguing this way you ADMIT the rifle is fucked, as you avoid all discussion of it.

Also by that logic Taurus guns are all good with proper maintenance.

Good night.

Armor, uniform, water, ammo and gun is already over 50 lbs, which is the max reccomended weight by Army docs.

Armor today literally all needs to go except the helmet, fuck it.

Oh also we need some kind of motorized pushcart that can be dragged around with essentials like food/water.

Please read the articles again. The rifled part (part that matters) is 12.7 long. The overall length is 14.5.

And only oglive shape?
Like I said, learn to read, subhuman.

You clearly didn't get past high school mathematics or physics.

So proud of breaking into daddy workshop, I see.

Thank you for showing all of us how retarded and subhuman you are.

"Ballistic coefficient calculations combine both shape and sectional density factors. As a practical matter, most shooters understand that bullets with a pointed shape more easily retain their velocity than round nose or flat point bullets. This can be directly observed in the amount of drop bullets of the same weight but different shapes produce at the same target range. Expressed another way, round nose and pointed bullets will require different sight adjustments to attain the same zero over the same range. If more streamlined bullets maintain their velocity better, heavier streamlined bullets of the same shape will outperform lighter bullets at the same muzzle velocity."

Your daddy is too soft on you, letting you play with expensive tools when you are so challenged. Recipe for disaster tbh.

Again, pencil barrel piece of shit vaporware that has never been considered or tested by any agency.

Good job boy. You read wikipedia.

Fimd me an AR 10 that can shoot a .308 with 240 gr not seated so deep like a dildo you put in your ass every night.

You kept babbling about magical high BC .308 bullets that isnt made of lead and copper. We want to hear about it.

Oh, is it? How long does it hold a group then?

And throws your retarded babble about muh BC right out of the window? Ok, do it.

You did reply to all of it so you would be worse if I were autistic, you ignorant nogunz kiddy.

Except that I didn't say that. Literally no SFs issued with AR in Europe has complained about muh reliability since for fucking ever. Show me a test where the AR failed in artic condition as hard as the ak did in the mudtest, then I will admit I'm wrong. You can't.

Something like this?
bostondynamics.com/robot_ls3.html

Those fucking things need to be cleaned FUCKING CONSTANTLY. There was way more than one occasion where I had cleaned my rifle in the morning and left for a patrol in the mid afternoon and wound up having the fucking piece of shit get gummed up and jam.

Thats because literally no SF is issued AR's

When was it user? Did you lube it like it deserved to be?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine#Users
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Canada_C7_rifle

randywakeman.com/USArmyM4NationalDisgrace.htm

American SF wants to replace it with SCARs, and it has failed constantly in US military testing.

>bostondynamics.com/robot_ls3.html
Nope thats crazy man, I meant something like a smaller Mule. Barely big enough to carry 1 wounded, or 500lbs of equipment.

Yes oglive shape for the same class of bullet. If you want to get autistic enough you can factor in temperature, humidity and other environment factors.

>hornady.com/ballistics-resource/external
And your link reaffirms what I said.

You really are butthurt that I have nice toys.

Just about any assuming the twist rate is appropriate so it can stabilize them

WTF does seating depth have to do with anything? Do you even understand how telescopic cartridges work? 6.5 CT has the bullet entirely surrounded by the case.

You can use high BC bullets with sabots you know? You can literally fire the same bullet 6.5 CT uses out of a .308 gun with a sabot.

here you go user. now go post timestamped pics of yours so I can laugh at them

This is highly retarded because of the increased weight and bulk of higher caliber rounds. The solution is hollow points for close range combat. But international law idiotically prohibits this.

7.62 is still the main GPMG round for NATO. All they had to do was transfer their stockpiles to the MGs. What platform will use 5.56?
.30-06 was before NATO. Brits used .303 and the French used something else. Germans used 8mm. Not the same situation.

WEW
Really convinced there, kid.

You basically ignored what you don't want to read from my posts.
Also the authority on reloading ( it js fucking hornady) clearly states that BC is also directly related to bullet weight. You really think people here are as illiterate as you are?
Piss off.

Another half assed quoting attempt. This is will be the last time I say this.
Find me a .308 rifle that shoots a bullet weighs more than 125 gr at 3000 fps using a barrel shorter than 20''.
But you are probably going to pervert what I said anyway.

Starting to talk like a retarded kike I see.
In your case of muh 240 gr high BC .308 bullet, literally no military semi auto rifle shoot them, because the bullet is too long, and if one wishes to shoot it in a normal sized chamber, he will have to seat the bullet deep into the case.
I thought you were a reloader? Oh wait, your fucking schizo autist. No time stamp, no nothing. Not even rudimentary knowledge.

You… I'm fucking speechless.
Sabot is a dead meme from the cold war. If you don't know this you probably never even shot a gun.

Better? And still no pictures of yours, so I can only assume you not only dont reload, but you dont own any either.

Wow, even more projection. Let me recap things for you, you were going on and on about the only way to get a higher BC was to increase mass which is simply false. By changing oglive shape and using a lighter material for construction as i've said countless times so far, you can keep the bullets weight/mass the same and increase BC.

You still have failed to provide the BC of its bullet. Its muzzle velocity is meaningless without the BC because you arent going to be running around shooting people from 1 - 7 feet away

And what is the problem with this?

You do realize sabots are still used in the military?

All you’ve managed to do in this thread is autistically screech insults, prove you don’t own guns, reload, or understand how external ballistics work.

Ill be honest. Every one I put on a fucker it was unlikely they were going to make it. And I always considered the leg or arm that got it would be amputated.

The fact they had problems with actual trained medical doctors just undoing an tourniquet floors me. Tho strangely doesn't somehow surprise me either at the same time. Military is like that after all.

The army is going to spend 100 million of "testing" and then after colt or whoever makes the current M4's and M16's, they lobby hush money congress senators to keep the same guns and then conclude that the "testing" of the new guns offer no real improvement to what we have now that are so minimal it is not worth switching over too. Surprise surprise.

I thought I was looking at a boolit inside another boolit

Colt hasn't been making DOD rifles since the 80s bro.

Nah, the AK they used was literally a Romanian KIT rifle. One of the worst tier rifles.

The other consideration is Effective Cost.
Now sure an AR is more accurate at longer distances, but you need good eyes and more practice. IFF SHTF, and you have friends / family, you can hand them an AK that costed $400 and they'll do better than with an AR that costs $800.

Come on now buddy, its obvious that the AK is more cost effective but its not like you dont have to aim with an AK.

In this area more than any other NATO is truly irrelevant. The French can't shoot m855 out of their FAMASes anyway (much less m855a1)

France is replacing them with HK416es

well if all you do is drive around in convoys and sit your ass at checkpoints while the airforce pounds residental areas you can afford to be such a care-free fuck

stick to video games

guess which lobby was behind LePen the other day

Gov,gov, your fucking private entrepreneurs will earn money on completely replacing the old stuff, and youll pay for it. Like with common core, bullshit but we need to change because money will change hands.

"commie" reporting in. Bullshit. You either take care of your weapon or it will finally jam like a bitch on every shot. Sand and other shit easily gets into receiver causing jam on every shot. It has to be quite a lot of sand mind you, but you will get there if you don't maintain it regularly.

You do have to admit the sandy, gritty mud they have is particularly good for killing a gun, it's basically cement. Not that it excuses any guns failing but it's some nasty shit.

Loved watching the mythical jewgun superiority get shit all over in their test.