"That Game" Thread

Thread for helping out other anons to find That one game we only have scarce memories of

for example, I remember only the opening scene of this old JRPG, it started off with a group of characters running awya and being surrounded by black knights(?), after you fight for your life and fail, everyone is defeated and the main character wakes up in a church.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fUw8V4M7Q78
hardcoregaming101.net/finalfightclones/finalfightclones.htm
crimson-ceremony.net/demopals/index.php
arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9952
listal.com/list/ps1-rpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm probably wrong, because you wake up in a castle and not a church, but Final Fantasy II starts that way.

that's the one, thanks user how the hell did I ever forget?

An educational castle building game from the late '90s or early 2000s. The opening cutscene had a jester in it that talked about the middle ages. The graphics were really low poly, early 3d kinda shit, and when you were done building your castle you could walk around it.

I can't provide much information about it, and I was like 8 years old when I played it but… it was a JRPG I used to play on my PS1, it was kinda dark and started on a desert, airships MAY be involved but I can't say for sure, I also remember some kind of pyramid… an aztec one? Maybe? It's really fucking cloudy and I can't find it anywhere.

It's not Alundra.

old pc game
topdown
tiny white spaceship, fly around collecting fuel (sometimes appears as orange juice, refuel sfx:'ah'), shooting some sorta enemies and turrets.
occasionally there's some portal to a boss event, which you could fail to do and be released back to space

forget the rest.

It's not an old game but some indie 2d platformer pixel game where the girl character was going around an cave looking for ancient dialect so she could ask a giant to open a door.

I remember there was some kind of journal that featured a shit ton of words and it seemed interesting.

Game that was divided into four quadrants - very blocky graphics - old PC game which may have been ported from Atari/Amiga/Commodore or something. There were castles or some objectives that you had to protect by bouncing a ball around - and attacking a dragon or something. The castles would eventually erode until there weren't any left - then it's game over.

The cross hatching sections are grey bricks and the playable game area had a black background.

Here's a shitty sketch.

I think that one is Warlords

Aw fuck, I was so excited because it sounded so close to the real name.

Apparently Warlords was a DOS almost isometric RPG (which looks fucking awesome anyway) but the entire game I'm curious about took place on this one single screen. Now I'm getting obsessed and scrolling through old DOS game collections…

Thanks anyway, user! I will probably find something really good to play anyway.

It might have been a bootleg for all I know, never seen it since. But it was a pokemon game I think. From the person who let me play it, it could be a bootleg where the opening before you start the game had pokemon spinning like a slots game and whatever it stopped at was your starter. I'm pretty sure it was on a gameboy.

Ah okay - I have no idea what the DOS version of it is, but Warlords was what it was called on the 2600. I still kick myself for not keeping mine.

Were the graphics 2D sprites, 3D models, or mixed?

Also, I assume it was one that was brought west?

I can't remember properly, but I think it was mixed? I mean, it certainly wasn't full 3D.

I think it was? I bought it in a flea market, it wasn't an original one.

Also, if you're actually not certain it was a PS1 game, Wild Arms 3 has it's incarnation of Filgaia being a massive desert planet (where even the oceans have dried up into vast sandseas), and Jet's prologue starts with him raiding an ancient Elw ruin for an artifact, and said ruin does have a bit of a pyramid shape to it.

Also, while the PS1 games don't exactly have the full desert vibe (being more of a wilderness/frontier sort), the Elw left South American styled pyramids around Filgaia in WA1 for fast transport around the world, with WA2 having a system that functions similarly in the ruins housing the Live Reflectors (WA2 doesn't mention who built them; the Elw are only directly mentioned in Wild Arms , Wild Arms 3, and Wild Arms ACF).

Well, if it was mixed, maybe Wild Arms 1? Though that incarnation of Filgaia isn't full desert, though still a wilderness/wasteland.

I remember my mom had this RTS game when I was a kid. It must've come out in the 90's, but all I can really remember is that it had, what I thought at the time, were a whole bunch of aliens to play as. I want to say there were some blue raptor-like monster units, but I wasn't that old when I tried to play it, so that could just be a total fabrication.
Oh! I remember space motorcycles, too! I'm 90% sure that was a thing.

This one drives me nuts. It was a mixup on contra and metroid back on the genesis / super nintedo era. You had a shit load of guns and a screen clearing bomb as you tried to platform. Ive been looking for this thing for years please anons.

was it a coop ww2 theme?

Obligatory at this point, I suppose.
Things I've discovered, due to some helpful anons:
1. It's definitely not Hagane.
2. It might be Sengoku.

It was a ps1 game in which you were in a train , killing terrorists for some reason,and in certain part you had to make a blood mix to save a guy , i could never finish it because it had 2 discs, and i never found the second one

Alright, so this is an old learning game for children. I remember you had a "hub" screen with a number of little icons that directed you to mini games. There was a mini game with an ant at a picnic. I forget the objective of the game, though I think it had something to do with spelling words, but what stuck out to me was that the ant would say, "dedalalala give me the taco" every time you got the objective. Sound familiar?

I never really forgot "That Game" more so games I forgot the name of remembering how awesome they were or vivid they stick in my mind

youtube.com/watch?v=fUw8V4M7Q78

An old PC game where you played as a cockroach. I remember there was a part where you had to kill a spider with a lit cigarette

StarCraft?

Bad Mojo?

Yeah, thanks m8.

No, I'm pretty sure it was sprites. Like, Age of Empires 2 level.

Page Chronica? I doubt it…

Try Google next time, millennial

Nice try, Shlomo.

You have learned well, young one.

God bless you kind user.

I did a little research, didn't find it but I'm pretty sure it's not Arc the Lad, Saiyuki Journey West, or Vanguard Bandits.

Some weird top down-ish old west game. If I remember there were four party members, a cowboy a healer and a drunk dude. I remember there being a really hard boat section. I believe it was also turn based

I remember watching my weeaboo cousin play this ps2 game when I was younger, was probably somewhere around 2004-2007. I think it was a JRPG, maybe an ARPG. You could either choose to play as a boy or a girl, and the girl fought with arm bangles, and the boy (and maybe the girl too?) had an ability to transform into animals (and maybe objects too?) that you've seen in the game (and one of the transformations was definitely a pig.)

I'm 90% sure a previous thread had a game like this, don't remember the name off the top of my head though.

Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle, maybe? Not quite what you're describing, but maybe you're not remembering correctly? Just a thought.

A mech game where you walk on two legs and shoot guns out of your arms. I distinctly remember a map that had a bridge. It was on the original Xbox.

That's all I got. Thinking back it seems like it was very similar to the 1993 Punisher arcade game because of the abundance of handgun pickups but I'm pretty sure it was actually a different game.

MechAssault 1 or 2.
It could also be Metal Wolf Chaos, but that was a Japan exclusive.

Here's a whole shitload of beat-em-ups. Any look familiar?

hardcoregaming101.net/finalfightclones/finalfightclones.htm

(Back when HG101 made things other than low-content SJW faggot shit)

No, it was fully 2D. Thanks a bunch anyway user…

I don't remember much, but there was this browser game where you start in a completely black and white room and a stick figure comes out from a door when you click on one of the walls. I think there was some kind of asian writing at the beginning. Beyond that all i remember is it was pretty weird/abstract.

A PC top-down shooter where you had to fight waves of enemies coming from all part of the screen. You could grab bonuses and weapon upgrades, also there was a local coop mode. The second wave had spiders in it I think. I played it like 5 or 6 years ago.

Is it Dewprism/Threads of Fate?

Not videogames.

Are you drunk?

Anyone remember a game for the original Xbox where you race toy cars? I haven't played Re-Volt, but it looks like it's similar to that. There were powerups and different tracks you had to unlock. I think there might have been weapons too. Most of the tracks were dark and took place on the floor of a house with clothes and toys and shit lying around.

use startpage then faggot

there's posts like that in every other thread now, probably summerfags trying to meme

You choose your starter in all of the Pokémon games, so it must have been a clone. Do you remember which Gameboy it was? Was it in color? Anything else about the game? Do you remember what the cartridge looked like? If it didn't look like either of these then it was probably a bootleg. Second one is Gameboy Color.

crimsonland

If you're going to play this, don't touch this new remastered hot garbage, its fucking shit. Go play the old one, I believe last version was either 1.9.9.4\.5\.7.

Yeah I think it's this one, thanks user.

What's wrong with the remastered? The whole no perks bullshit? Wasn't that fixed?

Only in free play/whatever mode.

The missions don't allow perks unless you cheat.

Some old hack and slash game I played when I was 9 or 10, it looked like Diablo and there was a big town you could explore that was totally safe but to the east(?) of the map there was a barren area filled with monsters that made up the meat of the game. I remember you could strip the characters to their underwear and I fapped to the grill in the party, I think she had a brown bra, can't remember.

I want to say Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1, but the town part doesn't apply.

The female elves in that game were pretty hot, though.

The game was older than that, 2d diablo-like graphics

Rts game a bit like AoE with snakemen coming out of giant mushrooms, you'd get rewarded for breaking them. I played it about 10-14 years ago, I've been looking for this thing forever, think there was a bronze helmet on the cover.

Divine Divinity?

Nah, you started off with an entire party.

Throne of Darkness?

There weren't any japs, it was just generic fantasy.

It's absolutely Dark Cloud 2

Holy shit I fucking found it, after a whole year of looking for it. Fuck me.

And it was building sentences with the words you had.

You're this manlet that can jump really high. There are these little turd monsters that you cant touch or else you'll die. If you touch a fungus you get noticable gains. I think it functions as a type of steroid.

I remember playing this game around 1997-2003 at an EB games on a PC.

It was some adventure game where you played as a rabbit or some kind of animal, I think. I remember clicking on the hot air balloon and he walked up there and climbed the ladder up in to the balloon.

It was kind of like a fast Donkey Kong Country overworld type movement.

There was also another game which was an RTS, might have been Starcraft. I think there was a bunch of sandbags with an enemy behind it and when I killed him he exploded in to blood. The UI might have been round instead of square, but I'm not sure.

I remember playing this DOS game where you're piloting this hovertank/glider/skimmer kind of deal. It's an early 3D game. It's not Hovertank 3D. I think the name starts with an "R". Any ideas?

topdown pc game
You played as a soldier, hacker and magician.
Essentially a topdown Trine, but from the 90's.

Anyone ever play a 10+ flash game involving a Speedy Gonzales-like character throwing TNT against cats in a mexican setting?

I went through hell to find the name of this game, but it should be Tamale Loco

Battlezone, maybe?

I don't know how much to thank you, user.

Ah, this brings me back to when I was a kid with a shitty Windows ME E-Machines computer. So much time spent looking for flash game sites.

There's a point-and-click adventure game I can't remember the name of, it's fairly recent, has to be post-2008.

You play as a goth chick and there's magicians involved and I distinctly remember a level being at an University (because I was jealous the student rooms looked way more expensive than my place). It's retarded because the name is almost on the tip of my tongue but my mind keeps going to Grim Dawn for some reason. Whenever I google any of this stuff it just gives me fucking Gothic and shitty browser games.

PS2 game, main character was a little girl in a 3rd person game where you started out in a cozy village and went underground to fight monsters. You also got a slingshot, and I belive weapons degraded during use and needed to be fixed with gold powder or something. I also belive it had "Dark" in its title. Sorry for the vague description. i didn't speak English at the time of playing.

The cover had a link looking girl looking toward you and smiling.

Dark Cloud?

As that other user said, most likely Dark Cloud.

What system?

PC of course

Yes! Thanks a bunch!

Cadillacs and dinosaurs?

The Longest Journey?

I think it was an N64 or SNES cart with a cartoon dog and maybe a cat on the cover. Any ideas?.

Point and click game?
Maybe Sam and Max?

It's not The Longest Journey, the setting is contemporary with arguably few fantasy elements (that I remember)

And by goth I mean the new type of goth, with dyed hair and spiked neck collar (I think?)

Was the dog blue?

War Wind?

Hexplore?

Isometric racing game where you could buy upgrades for your car. Probably at least 15 years old. May have come bundled with other games.

A PS1 game I played on a Playstation Magazine EU Demo Disc.

You were a barbarian in a kind of a circle battle pit and the ground was a sort of swamp thing with monsters in it that would rise up and hit you, you could leave the pit by walking trough an opening that would lead to a sort of sewer like hallways with the same green shit on the ground, you could then walk up to the sides and enter others hallways and rooms and find vampires that could turn into bats.

This memory is so fuzzy and so clear at the same time, it pisses me off.

crimson-ceremony.net/demopals/index.php

Try searching there.

Possibly freeware starwars games where you started on hoth inside an ice cave and yoda was nearby. It was a possible roguelike. Maybe 15 years old.

A sci-fi shooter for the ps1 where you shoot at aliens. There are 2 characters to play, a male(blue colored?) and a female (red colored?). Has coop. Overhead camera view. I remember that you fight a boss on a concrete platform that is sliding down a cliff. I also remember the boss to be a giant flying bug/bird.

Can you help me Holla Forums?

No it wasn't Battlezonegood game though, it was a later game than that. The everything had simple textured polygons instead of just wireframe. And you didn't control the vehicle from a first-person perspective. It was in third-person. The "tanks" were pretty fast too.

Never mind. I found it. It was called assault retribution.

Kya: Dark Lineage?

id like it if lego junkbot didnt crash and delete my progress every half hour

its not hover is it?

1.you play in this fun house/factory full of mini games and other hidden suprises. The owner or guide this place is a girl in overals (who I yhink might have been a jewel theif)

2.You play as a mountain climber trying to get to the summit and how you get up thr re is with the power of math. In one house in particular you need to solve a weight puzzle using I believe bronze cylinders. When you get to the top of the mountain castle he hops over the treasure chest and floats down using a parachute to the bottom.

RPG, I think it was for the genesis. The first screen was a girl with a book asking for your name.

Oh fuck I loved Hover.

This looks interesting

You can turn into a pig in Darkcloud 2?

I remember playing a Famicom side-scroller, with really good animation, that started with a cutscene that had a candle by a window. Then you play as a boy in a forest and I think you had a knife.

Shining Force

Vietnam War FPS game, the MC was black,you notice this when he picks one of his buddies up, the last level started with you on a plane and there was a part when someome dies and the guy with glasses goes crazy.

1) Isometric top-down shooter game, either NES or Sega Genesis, most likely Genesis.
I could swear it had Contra in the title but that might have been a wrong label on the cartridge or something, because I couldn't find this game going by the Contra word
The game was kinda fast and with a lot of shit going on the screen, sometimes (near the end I think) it went kinda ridiculous and the game took place in the space or some shit, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Japanese. On top of that, I was a kid and played it with a fever, so the whole experience was like a fever dream.
The protagonist might have or might have not been long-haired

2) Mega Drive or PS1
Top down camera, most likely JRPG
I only remember one particular section of the game: it was set in a mining coal prison and the bad guys forced prisoners to mine.
It was one of those "you lose all your equipment" sections, you had to talk to other prisoners, mine, craft some equipment and make a break at the end.
This very well might be a section from one of pretty popular RPGs, but I forgot which one had this coalmine prison section exactly.

You mean Battlezone?

fugg year nigger

Old computer game with anime aesthetics
you play as a knight that must rescue a elf girl and your childhood friend
If you fail, the elf girl is raped in many forms (quite graphic) and the your chilhood friend that wears a green dress watch and is later decapitated, her head is is put on a stake.
The game over is you crying at the head of you childhood friend and the elf girl appears crying in the transparent background (she is had red hair and green eyes)
The game is an action plattaform and you use a sword blue that shoots red fire.
looks like Skyblazer

Wow just wow. That sounds pretty disgusting m8.

sounds like urotsukidoji

I know but the game was very fun

But that is a hentai anime that involves more tentacles than real sex

It is a RC game
Releasesd somewhere in 2000
Also avaliable on PS2(?)
Can be played on Glide API
You choose different sponsorships that provides different bonuses (like longer battery life, better grip, etc…)
You can upgrade the performance & change drivetrain to FWD, RWD, or AWD
Stunt mode

bump

No the graphics there are more advanced than the game I played. It was maybe a little beyond Corncob 3d level graphics.

I should add that what I called a tank looked more like a hovering catamaran rather than the typical bulky tank. And it was fast too.

The game was in a cartridge like pic 1. I think it it was red think and was trying to copy the other pokemon games. Now I remember when spawning that you started to the left of some buildings near a hedge and that north of this town was another town and to the left was a cave. This cave was literally a massive empty space when you enter, but thats all I can remember.

some old as fuck top down rc car game, where you could see the entire map at once. It had powerups if i remember corretly

ps1 skateboard game where the cops come if you don't get the score in a certain amount of time, second level had trains that could hit you

Boku no Pico

Thrasher: Skate and Destroy?

hell yeah, thanks

OH GOD HELP ME

sonic adventure 2

You guys are greats. Truly upstanding human beans.

Here is your reply.

If you're looking for an arcade game you only have one thing to do, find a MAME set, download MAME and browse by genre 90% chance that you'll find it fast and that it will play just fine especially if it's pre-2000.

Worst case scenario you'll start playing another game you weren't looking for.

This.

Max can't shapeshift and Monica uses a sword (which you posted a picture of). To be fair I think she casts magic using a bangle, but that doesn't really count. Pic related is what the female protag he's talking about uses.

Stunt GP?

bingo

I had a game on the original Xbox that starts out with you flying back to your main space ship and getting in a bar fight then you looked for your girlfriend as aliens attacked and you escaped to earth after choosing between your brother and girlfriend dying and then you escape earth right before it explodes. Later you find out you have super cool powers and whoever you saved either gf or bro dies as you watch. Good game can't find or remember the name

bump

I liked this game

I remember that there was a game that was exactly like this one, if anyone remembers the name I'm all ears.

I've been searching for two games:

1- Was a Game Cube game, probably a JRPG. The only thing I remember is a team of 3 girls fighting random monsters while walking around an area covered by grass. One of them was wearing green clothes and had a short blue hair. I only saw this game once. It was on an ice cream shop more than 10 years ago. There was a guy playing, but I don't remember much else. This place closed after a couple of weeks because the owner died.

2- This one was a PS2 game I bought illegally from a dude. It was about a ninja that could control the four elements, but it was shit. I mean, it was really shitty, with shitty graphics and gameplay. The menu of this game was mostly yellow and seemed like something from a PS1 game. I played it once, because after seeing how shitty it was, I decided to take it to the guy who sold me to get another game.

There was this old game, it's in that graphic style of those Windows 3.1 games like SkiFree and Micro Man, where you play as a guy in a white business shirt, red tie, and the stage is on the beach. The only opponents I remember you facing, is "your mother-in-law" and "the boss".

Contra Hard Corps had a lot of crazy shit in it, definitely one of the more campy entries in the series. If that's not the one perhaps you're thinking of Gunstar Heroes, or Alien Soldiers?

I loved this game so much.

Was it called "Urban Assault" because that's a game exactly like it

Hey everyone,

I know this might be the most stupid thing to ask, and I figure I most likely won't get any leads, but here goes.

There's this really old PC game I've been looking for but can only remember so much about it. It was a point and click game with what I call the "weird 90's cartoony look"- think the stereotypical rob zombie color scheme and line art. The only things I can remember are a mansion and two characters, a boy and a girl, helping out some creatures in one room by going into doors that lead to worlds in a monsters inc esque style. In terms of dialogue, the only thing I can remember is one of the creatures making a remark about the boy character, to his nasily response of "hey, i'm sensitive!".

Sorry about being so vague, I played it when I was around the age of 8 or 10 so most of it is gone in my head.

Do you remember if the first had turn-based or real time combat?

It's not RC, but maybe you're talking about Super Sprint.

arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9952

YES

YES

DIFFERENT user BUT YES THANK YOU I LOVE YOU

Remembering that game has PLAGUED ME

Not sure what a Rob Zombie color scheme is, but sounds somewhat like Day of the Tentacle.
Even if it isn't, someone probably compared it to DotT in a review somewhere.

A 3D Chinese RPG on the PS1 or PS2.
The open map is empty with an overhead camera with random battles appearing similar to FF.

The combat system consists of turn-based rock-paper-scissors with sword>fist>fan>sword, the protagonist starts off with a blue Chinese tunic and has a companion in a green Chinese tunic, who you quickly lose and replace after the first boss fight.

It's super obscure and probably doesn't have an English translation either, I've tried looking it up before and finding a different series that's older called Yellow Emperor's sword but I don't think that's it.

Old FPS on Mac OS9. Not necessarily exclusive to it, but was playable on Mac at least. Either low poly 3D or billboard sprites, but my memories are leaning towards low poly. All I remember is seeing an enemy/NPC that was some kind of robot with a blue screen on it.

I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't any of the Marathon games, because they didn't ring any bells and if it had gross alien gore it would have scared me a lot more than it did.

Everyone in the game is yellow. The objective is to save a village after an evil wizard had surrounded it by a giant glacier.

I bet nobody a clue.

Was the starting clothes the "official" clothes for the characters? Might make it easier to find if the cover art would have featured it.

Might try checking here, as it has even non-English RPGs, and see if any of the names/art seem familiar.
listal.com/list/ps1-rpg

3 games I never found

Had a look, not on there. graphically it was around FFVIII's level which leads me to think it could be a PS2 game instead.

Think my best chance is to find a bigger wuxia game list for ps1/2, wikipedia has one but it's not on there.

Protag costume style was like this, but not as cool or dark.

is the third game world heroes/ world heroes 2?

-Caveman game for SNES, had only like 5 levels, last one or second to last one was inside a Tyrannosaurus' body.

-Beat'em up game also for SNES that had really smooth level transitioning, like you were fighting on a bridge then jumped out of it on a moving train for the next level.

joe and mac for the first one?

Probably not, if that's seriously all you remember.
You gotta help us help you.

There was this one arcade game I used to play. It the controls were a red and blue stick that moved from side to side. The gameplay was similar to Mario Party/Warioware with simple minigames putting you against the other player. Graphics were low poly 3D, and I believe the cabinet was yellow.

Side-scroller shooter for DOS, the ship was blue-ish/purple with edgy spikes.
It had a lot of brown, like a rocky desert or something.
The powerups were balls.
I only played the demo version, it had like 4 levels, and the boss of level 4 was a giant bug.
I REALLY don't remember anything else, because it crashed when I fought the boss, and I told my dad "this shit doesn't work" and he deleted the game.

I'm not sure if anybody would even know what I'm talking about because it's actually a browser game. I think it was made with Shockwave while that was still relevant.
There was two options at the start: "Maze Builder" and "City Builder". You can put blocks and enemies everywhere, I remember there being slug enemies that would slow down other NPCs. I also remember that you could paint the blocks. Also it may or may not have been on an educational website. Does this sound like anything?

Was the second one I-Ninja?

I don't remember much myself. It was a PC game. The main characters were two kids. One boy and one girl. The boy had a sword and shield. The girl had a staff and bow/arrow set. The game is probably at least 15 years old.

Have you tried looking up dos shmups?

Nope. Link?