WURM UNLIMITED THREAD

WURM UNLIMITED THREAD

SERVERS
Britfag's Texas PVP server:
Kingdoms: Mol Rehan (AUTISM AND PVE+PVP) / Horde of the summoned (EDGY NOMAD LIFE AND PVE+PVP DICKWAVING) / John Kellogs (ASKING HOW TO JOIN MOL REHAN)
6x Action Speed / 3x Skill Gain
IP 216.245.223.162:3724

American 3rd Party PVE Server (WRC):
Kingdoms: Freedom Isles (Autism) / Horde of the Summoned (fucking shit)
4x Action Speed / 4x Skill Gain
IP 13.92.83.205:3724
Server homepage: wurmian.cloudapp.net/

DOWNLOAD
Client: mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas
Torrent Hash: 700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6

UPDATING/REINSTALLING
BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CHARACTER IF YOU DON'T

REMOVING THE CHAT FILTER
EDIT GAMESETTINGS.TXT IN "Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default", CHANGE "censor_chat=true" TO "censor_chat=false".

MODS (WORK ON BOTH, EXTRACT IN GAME FOLDER): wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/client-mods/

I'M NEW
ASK AROUND FOR HELP IN KINGDOM CHAT/FOLLOW SOMEONE THAT'S NOT AN ENEMY, OR READ THE OUTDATED WIKI THAT'S FOR WURM ONLINE, NOT UNLIMITED wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

HOW TO BLOCK THE IRC NAMED #WRC
ADD IT'S IP (FOUND IN SERVER'S CHAT TAB) TO HOSTS FILE

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ktmfhs
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/Skill.class
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133518-released-bulk-storage-tranfer-limits/
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134658-alpha-skillmod-for-agos-modloader/
cnet.com/products/hp-350-g2-15-6-core-i5-5200u-windows-7-pro-64-bit-windows-8-1-pro-64-bit-downgrade-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd/specs/
pastebin.com/aD77gRA0
wurmian.cloudapp.net/
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134587-are-sprouts-planted-growing-or-disappearing/
youtube.com/watch?v=FC-avN1eDoQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[17:32:51] You pierce Jews extremely hard in the chest and harm it.
[17:33:44] Jews is dead. R.I.P.
Thanks for the food, random JK guy. I thought most white lighters were MR?

how many of your hotsfags even exist? i've never seen any of you

Yeah I screwed up during character creation. Figured I might as well scout with it if I was going to throw it away anyway.

whoever wrote this is retarded
open autorun.txt located in Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs and remove the line with the IRC shit
while you have that file open add "villagesay", without quotations, to it to open the village tab automatically

You're going to love the game's code.

What's happening in the game? Who is doing what? Building or fighting? Getting comfy? Are half the players still Fenlaw?

Fenlaw is now the three factions at once.

Everybody has 99 FS already, HOTS.

The great calcium crusade against the skeletal fiends went down yesterday. Pretty comfy.

So why are we ignoring this again?

[22:33:28] Fighting increased to 42
Just 28 more levels!

Skeletons happened

also purging the 8 legged menace

[23:40:09] Body strength increased to 23
Moving up in the world!

How in the fuck did I get a Ropemaking affinity when I haven't even made any rope yet

Did Badmin ever fix the rates?

You get it after a while, even if you haven't done the skill.

I am remaining anonymous, Know that I am watching and listening and will hear actual discrepancies.

I don't believe characteristics gains have changed… i kinda like them painfully slow tbh

no casual shit, you want it, Work

Might as well just play online.

Badmin fixed the body stat gains. They were borked earlier. We could've played on here for months and not reached 23 BS which is certainly not 3x rates.

Well, they still feel slow, which is nice

Also, who's characteristics and mining did Piradmin mess with? I can reverse that if they're still around watching

USE /POLL TO VOTE ON WHETHER OR NOT TO HAVE EPIC
How do I see these poll results?

it was Burzan he quit though

Burzan said he wouldn't restart, Badmin have him 2 skills, everyone demanded blood, Badmin lynched him. Then some autists quit because of a map.

Badmin is a nigger but at least the server works (and I haven't seen him flying around since then.)

Do we have 2 admins now?

You have always had at least two.

I dunno if codebro has a GM wand or not, but yes, two.

Can you fix my client crashing and get more hotheads? And add global chat?

I would add some more GM's i suppose, but i don't really know/trust anyone.

I'm sure the group as a whole know who's a Bengarrison and who's a Zogbot..

So why don't you guys throw some ideas up of who should be allocated that power, but who won't abuse it.

And no, I can't really fix crashing, it happens when teh serb backs up, there's nothing I can do.

There's not that many players in total. 2 GM's is more than enough.

Oh fuck no I didnt mean more GMs I meant more shroomfucks, being HOTS is lonely. Global chat would help.

We need more players. Did anyone stay on WRC?

DID THOSE FAGGOTS WE WALLED IN IN WRC FOLLOW US?

Is there any way we could turn the spy protection feature off? So I can spy on you guys, of course.

I'd rather it be left on. So people can't roll opposing factions priests and level them as alts while playing on the opposite faction at the same time.

Granted a VPN would negate this but that doesn't mean we should make it any easier.

lewd

keeping spy protection

Gosh fine, my VPN works I just wanted to be lazy.

See, that wasn't so hard was it

maybe you'll enjoy yourself on the other side

I built a Woven fence not knowing it didn't actually stop anything, and now I can't destroy it for some reason. Does anybody know how?
Also how do I change my name?

Voted yes in the epic poll. You can just offset it by reducing skill gain to 2x.

my connection is being denied for some reason, i literally quit the game to take a fat shit and now i can't reconnect

you dun goofed

Remind me what Epic does, i could have sworn it was turned on already

I know there's a fucking command for it, I just can't remember what it is.

So how do I destroy it? Do I need to claim the land or something? Communicate in some way other than shitposting, I can't understand your accent.

nevermind, i'm a fucking idiot and had a space in my name because i sneezed

What does that even mean?

I already miss the brosmouth days

Well in my opinion, I've really only seen ben do good things for the village, regaurdless of its itteration, and who could forget Zog's cataclysmic fuckup

DAILY REMINDER THAT I CAN MOD OFF THE EPIC CURVE

Never had and don't want, I know I would abuse it eventually

Daily reminder that the curve was voted for, but the poll was ignored

Don't revise.
We weren't mad at Burzan at all, we wanted to know wtf was up with admin, and admin flipped fucking shit and reset his characteristics (but not the skills) for no damn reason and sperged out on a powertrip in thread.

Well that's really wierd, he's been invaluable setting up the server, why would he suddenly twist like a HOTS fag

So keep the curve?

if we all just jump to 999 skill on everything might as well stop playing

thats what I was thinking, We shoudl be doing teh opposite, Prolong the hike to 99 as long as possible but still show progress

Some faint ghostly token of control, authority, or relevance. Same reason almost every celebrity acts full retard tbh.

What were the options in the poll? Did the vote AGAINST the curve specifically state that all the cool epic features would be left in and only the super-levelling speed would go?

If not then you'd have people voting for anything that remotely resembled "keep epic" as their choice.

poal.me/ktmfhs
as usual, more votes than players

poal.me/ktmfhs

I still don't understand why you fags even trust these

I'd be willing to switch to epic, but the Curve is completely counter productive.

Codebro, did Piradmin implement your changes himself, or do you have FTP access to serb?

pic related
mfw

These kind of things need to be voted for in game/person.

he changed the same things as I did himself, he just went less overboard, and thus, the server stopped resetting every 5 minutes, or so he says

He could mod it off himself, he knows how.
either mod that method starting from line 5095 on Server.class (I would never recommend changing that), or replace the two occurrences of it
Server.getModifiedPercentageEffect(bonusKnowledge); in skill.class

it would still happen for items, but I couldn't care less about it

Seriously though, how the fuck do I get rid of this Woven Fence? What the fuck do I need to do, sacrifice a virgin on it?

Would it be strange if I asked you to do it, i have tried modifying the server before migration and I chained cataclysmic, world destroying fuckups

I don't really feel comfortable fiddling with that which I know nothing about.

Send me a throwaway email account and I'll set you up.

Take a carving knife to it

I have to start working soon, so it would have to either wait 4 hours(lunch break), or 10(when I get home)

Look at the picture m8, I have a carving knife equipped and it won't let me destroy it.

I'll talk to you when you get home

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/Skill.class
just replace the original on the server.jar
keep a backup
test it locally first

the client will probably accuse of the curve existing, but the server should consider everything as not having the curve (except something to do with items, not sure what it means for items)

Probably count them as having 35% higher quality.

Hey Richfag, can you TP to my location and help me understand why I can't get rid of this fucking woven fence ? No matter what item I select I can't get rid of it, and it's not in any town or anything so I wouldn't think I need permissions.
My name is BigNuts

I couldn't care less about it if it's just that
so long we don't suddenly start making 78Ql stuff outta nowhere, I can live with that

Either you don't have a high enough strength…

Or you have to wait for it to decay

you need 21 str to bash shit

P R E P
T H E
S E R B

Doesn't destroying fences require a minimum of 21 body strength?

server down

I just want to play.

Must be the backup I was talking about

What a surprise

Have you tried restoring any of those locally to see if they're valid?

fucking thank you.
I've had this problem for the past 3 hours and the wiki didn't say anything about needing 21 BS to destroy fences, while everyone except a couple people here, just ignored me. I guess if you annoy people enough they'll eventually answer you.
Guess I'll get to mining then, I need to find an Iron vein anyway.

Praying have 20% chance of one of these (2% each):
* heal your first wound
* (if you are a priest) heal the first wound of every (getAttitude() == 1, I think it's for allies (green outline) creature in a 3x3 around the priest (except for the priest)
* (if faith> 50) get a random gem (else) get a shroom
* (if priest) get 10 favor
* (if priest and not mounted) get some movespeed buff (farwalker)
* (if inventory have less than 100 items) add 1-faith/10 iron coins or something like that, the skill check calculation is very crazy
* you get some characteristics
* you get sober
* your pet gets more loyal
* you get faster favor gain

meaning that you get 2% chance of 2.5 iron each 4 sec = 0.75 iron per minute, or 45 iron per hour or fucking 10 copper per day, or 3.24 silver per month
you could macro 24 (we are at 6x speed) alts to maintain a subscription of wurm online
fucking hell I am going to be rich

It's Christmas in July and
EVERYONE'S GETTING COAL

You fool, you're going to make everyone in town die from smoke inhalation.

Badmin how many different IPs are there actually on the server?

It could be wise to re-do the poal, since a lot of people who voted have left, we don't know how many though.

But then again, it would be like asking for a second referendum on brexit

The epic poll is in the game, vote there mebbe?

And Jesus fuck don't let anyone but piradmin touch server, codebro killed the serb for days

It's all Fenlaw.

Every time I make a change I've been backing up the serb, applying the change locally and verifying that it at least starts. Those backups are good!

Please don't hand access to more people, the last code "Codebro" provided was responsible for those crashes every 5 min. Took me a while to figure out.

At least login, and copy all the files (backups just include the map and databases) before you chucklefucks start breaking shit.

Please don't.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say nobody would mind Epic, if it didn't have the curve.

We don't even know if that's an option yet. Has anyone tested Codebro's changes locally?

Oh I don't mean it has to be implemented. I just think it should be an option to differentiate between those who want epic content, and those who want the epic curve.

I never touched it, allegedly, my crack didn't fully work (let pirates connect, but the server got reset every 5 mins)

not really, more like 3 people looking at the source and not doing much with it

everyone would fucking love epic
those who don't want it is because it comes with the cancer curve
nobody would fucking say no to epic without the curve

It would be easy/safe to do Epic with 1.5x gains. I'm hesitant to fuck with the server much more, insofar as custom code, while it's working so nicely.

we already have buffed skills
there are people with 60~ skill, he will jump to almost 80, stuff like that
it's easy: right click server folder -> 7zip -> add to server.7z
make changes, test it, if it works, keep it, otherwise restore the backup

wew

There's at least 3 troll camps.

wheres the BL town?

>>>/y/

[18:48:46] [01:48:46] You hit an adolescent worg pretty hard in the crotch and slap it.

there is none.

Finally went down to the mines and Soab's bison on his wagon are STILL ALIVE. They ate a few hundred grass and some are still hungry, though.

Worse than hitler.

Actually someone parked a cart inside the mines, unlocked. Got me two new zebras, one of each gender, it was cool. And grabbed someone's armored horse just wandering around.

POSSIBLE DISCOVERY OF WHY CHARACTERISTIC GAINS ARE SO SLOW COMPARED TO WRC

After halfhearted observations, characteristics have a 33% chance to improve upon an action. In WRC characteristics have a 100% chance to improve upon an action. This would explain why it feels about 3 times too slow compared to WRC.

help i somehow fucked up the toolbar

now i cant see what the hell im doing

how do i reactivate this shit

Karoon challenges Lucerne to a sparring match to try out her new staff. Things don't go as planned.

Get good double click the horizontal line at the right

Hey ben, thanks for the stuff goy.
Sorry I didn't see you until you logged out, already too used to hermit to look at what chat's are popping up.

we need this mod for moving shit between crates and bsbs
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133518-released-bulk-storage-tranfer-limits/

Yes, that is the one I was wanting.

i had been busy last week, did the "new serb" worked? are we still on brozwitch?

I thought we already had this, I'll double check.

Hmm, we've got this mod - forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134658-alpha-skillmod-for-agos-modloader/ - with a 3.0 for the body skills.

Brand new char on WRC
10 digging, body strength 20.059591

Brand new char on Holla Forums-serb
10 digging, body strength 20.018871

.018871 / .059591 = ~0.317, or 31.7% of ruskiland gains

Now time for maths.

If we simply just call everything in WRC "4x" regardless of its true or not in relation to vanilla and call our server "3x (with 6x timers)", then it effectively means we want our skillgain to be 75% of what WRC was, albeit with faster timers to compensate, which is fine.

This on the surface means that 1.33 more actions need to be taken on our server to reach a certain skill threshold than it does on the WRC server. If we assume that the current skill gain on our serb is fine and that it is only characteristic gain that is in error, then we need to increase characteristic gain.

If you complete X amount of actions to reach 10 digging and Y body strength on WRC, then you've effectively completed X amount of actions to reach Y body strength.

On our serb, to reach 10 digging you would need to complete X*1.33 amount of actions to reach 10 digging. Since this server is 75% skill gain of WRC and you are already doing 1.33 times the WRC amount of actions, it is only natural to expect that you would still receive Y body strength for completing X*1.33 amount of actions.

Therefore, I suggest the characteristics not be adjusted to where you would get a fraction of ivanserb gains for getting to a particular skill, but to be equivalent.

An adjustment of our current rates as observed by the above test by x3.15 would give us

(3.15 * .018871) / .059591 = ~.9975 or 99.75% of WRC gains.

Now serb

So the wikipedia is a different community right? The rules are pretty shit. If I can't call any of you faggots faggots I'll be pretty pissed.

yeah those rules don't mean anything.

Thank god.

Clearly no one has found the niggers.

I know you've seen the kikes.

Well it was fun. It might be the mods I installed but I'll never know tonight since I feel like this game might be to much for my shitty rig. I'll test the waters tomorrow.

How shitty is it? Plays fine on a cheap laptop.

Unplayable basically.
It must be something I overlooked or something. I'll figure it out.

works on my machine

Don't worry bub, I know what issue you're talking about. I have the exact problem on integrated graphics. Game looks like pure vomit at all times.
I still have not found a fix after 2.5 weeks of misery

[muffled Gregorian chanting]

[02:47:12] You have just received the title 'Renowned Carpenter'!
W E W

Follow the adjective back, I'm asking how shitty your box is.

But I have integrated graphics too.

Oh. Alright I think this is the model. I'm really drunk tonight

cnet.com/products/hp-350-g2-15-6-core-i5-5200u-windows-7-pro-64-bit-windows-8-1-pro-64-bit-downgrade-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd/specs/

My Desktop is fried from a house fire so I'm using this. I got it as a gift for uni so don't judge on taste.

Can we have a mod that makes wooden altars movable? Allegedly stone and metal altars can be moved around by the owner, but wooden ones can only be rotated.

I'm coming back to do whats right

Sounds liek its time to upgrade woodfag

Stone altars are magshit and I don't want to hog up precious metals. Wooden ones look the best anyway :^)

4x4 = 16
3x6 = 18
our server is meant to be 1,125 times faster, not 0.75 of WRC

I am planning on making 3 altars right in the center of the town, as soon as the server crashes
it takes 5 minutes for domains to update after a server crash, that's the time window for that.

the server is still crashing on a clock?

PSA: Anyone who secretly feels guilty about leaving their animals tied to carts to die in WRS, if you log in, graze them, and put them in the pen by the docks (even though it's mostly packed dirt now) I'll take them to the magical island of large fields and grass and fuck them. I'll just check the pen whenever I'm going by, which will be frequently until I get around to building another bridge. But do graze them first, there's no way I'll find all of just the animals I can access, or have time to feed them around town. Most of them are still alive so far, though.

Nvidia.txt

I thought altars could overlap if they were made of silver?

I can confirm that you can make a stone altar outside influence, then complete it, then push it to wherever you want.

I ain't got no silver

fuck, just gonna do that then

There it goes.

SERVER IS SHOA

Is it time for the daily server crash already?

10:01
time for a backup

Does it actually shut down properly or does it just kill the process?

Shutdown
Copy world
(The process which takes an overwhelming majority of time) Send it off to seperate serb holding backups
(Waits for previous process to complete0 Restart server

This is my understanding of it

MAG WILLS IT

Let me guess, you worship the NTR waterslut?

yet again, foiled by 50% chances

best deity/waifu coming through

You do realize this is actually way worse than WRC's 11pm lag during backup, right?

How long the 11pm lag lasts, and this one lasts? we get 3 mins downtime every day, for reference
how long did their backup routine (that corrupted every backup until march) lasted?

Should I exclusively use seryl heads on rare handles? so that when it comes time to enchant it, it won't explode in my face?

I can change the backup time.

What's better? 4am PST?

6 hours ago, whenever that is

5 minutes of downtime is better than 3 hours of server killing lagspikes.

You misunderstand my post. At no point did I make any real mention of timers besides acknowledging their existence, that's a separate matter altogether.

Skillgain per action on our server is meant to be 75% of WRC. It is true that our timers are meant to be 150% of WRC, but my post deals with how if our skillgain rate is 3x, then there should be no significant difference between the body strength of a new character on WRC getting to 10 digging and a new character on our server getting to 10 digging because the new character on our server would already be doing 1.33 times more actions to get to the same point. The timers could be set to milliseconds or years and this would not change.

This is why I suggested that the characteristic skillgain be increased by x3.15

yeah, I misread it

fucking tabs in [code] tags don't work as it should

Objective comparison of containers that can have water on them and fit inventory
pastebin.com/aD77gRA0

fraulein here, gonna check ingame real quick and see if my horses are still alive, some of the young ones have nice traits I think

Alright all gates to my pens are officially unlocked, if you want horses now is the time to get them from the small island.
Notice though that for some reason I couldnt find some of my more desirable horses. Especially the one with lightning speed.

Where is this?

Can confirm none of the admins have a super sekrit map

Shark lair probably

Thanks!

Back on WRC.

>[14:33:24] this paving here is shitty i almost want to destroy it and fix
Libertini save us

So what's the epic poll looking like so far?

I voted yes, but now too much time has passed. Even if you nerf the xp gain, it's way too late. There are already plenty of people with skills in the 50s or higher, and at least one or two with nearly 70 skill in some things.

Are these nigs ever going to leave my corpse?

Just lure them away.

Not until they've finished having their way with it.

nope, they worn't stop shitting and pissing on your corpse until they to sleep or eat.

Since you're near water you can aggro one and drag it away, then swim to your corpse. Even if you weren't near water, trolls are slower than a players default movement on grass with no armour, so kiting them around wouldn't be a problem.

>wurmian.cloudapp.net/
Either he's finally migrating everything to his better server, or mistakes were made.

[23:44:05] Verd slain by Bengarrison Shoahstein

thanks benny g

[21:57:21] Yes, let's shitpost about how one person managed to fuck some people off and put all of you into cuck panic

Are you saying we shouldn't thank our cops for taking care of hots heads chimping out on unarmed civilians?
Not to mention they were put down with the assistance of ACTUAL chimps that are better at following the local laws than they are.

Name all the HotS characters you've seen. I'll start:

>_

At this point it feels less like a PvP server and more like a bully server.

libilaismywaifu, 2016-2016

Someone get this HoTShead outta here.

If you want more HotS cuck invite other chans.

I joined MR knowing that the majority of players are going MR.

A likely story from a Heathen such as yourself.

Really though, has anyone seen any other hots? I'm curious

I saw a few at spawn before they disappeared into the wild beyond. That was a long time ago, no idea how many are out there and I'd imagine they're keeping it that for a reason.

A faction with lower numbers doesn't do themselves any favours by advertising their location or numbers.

INSTALL THIS MOD
INSTALL THIS MOD

The game tells you how many players there are logged in at a given time. If you subtract the guys in MR…

I don't trust that at all. On my first W.U server there was an american Duo with alts, and despite what both the server AND the steam server status reported, there were ALOT more people online than the listed 3-5 that kept being reported.

How do I unfuck this?

How did you manage to fuck it up in the first place?

Pay shekels to a magranon priest so he can collapse it or make concrete out of sand and rock and drop it in the corner.

Caves are 2D, tiles are columns. You probably were trying to get a spiral staircase going and let me tell you you werent really going to have any luck with it unless you made it say have a 3 tile radius from the center and you can't dig under tiles, as again, they are columns. Slopes still apply and stuff. I wonder how a 5x5 spiral tunnel would look if you dug the center..

I was actually trying to do a 2x2 mine highway so that way I could just macro mining and AFK it. But now I've severely fucked up, and I'll probably end up still doing that, but now every time I want to enter/leave the mine I just have to be careful not to hurt myself.

You don't take fall damage in caves (unless you fall in and land in the same frame). The real problem is it's going to be annoying to have to stay all the way to the right to get out.

Oh that doesn't really work either, you still fall into the pit even if you're on the edge of the wall.
I have to go into climbing mode to get out

Yo, I haven't been on since before the exodus from Brosmouth. What happened since then? Are we on a new server now? How many people are playing?

Read the OP.
I'm still on WRC but everyone else is on other server.

So is this just Minecraft on steroids or is there actually quests and lore?

Not really either and also it's not actually 3D-modifiable like Minecraft, you just reshape the skin of the land and mines are separate, single layers below.

Around 25 dudes online, don't know how many total players. PVP is enabled so now people are holing up in sekrit hideouts and the threads move at a snails pace because no one wants to accidentally give themselves away.

That sounds pretty bad to be honest. How many are still on WRC?

Just me.
Also most of the guys who thought PvP would be AMAZING with Wurm's sucky combat and didn't want le hugs server got BTFO and stopped playing or are hiding, I'm told.

Damn, such a waste. I really enjoyed being in brosmouth and founding Zanzibarland with you guys.

Maybe another time then.

If their new server proves to be nofun they might come back here eventually. Deed still good for another four months or so.

Also, WRC server seems to have moved to the Ruskie's new, better hardware and while the IRC is down (just IRC, not local or village stuff), I haven't had a single speck of lag since I got on after the move. Granted there are probably all of 10 people on, but it was lagging despite that pre-move.

You weren't wrong.

> restart soon stalker
> when?
> Now

memes

And we're back.

With an inventory rollback. I just lost 40kg of cotton that I harvested maybe 10 minutes before the thing happened.

coolface.jpg

Yeah I don't think it saves properly, it's like it just crashes. Sometimes you'll come back in the wrong place, with food suddenly depleted or wounds miraculously gone. Badmin giveth, badmin taketh away.

First I've heard of this, not cool. I'll look into.

If we could make Libila influence be required for PvP, would that be better?

Kill a lava spider. Earn your right to wear the regalia of a knight.

SCRATCH THAT
my inventory and the items in my house are fine, but hunger/thirst and apparently skills got rolled back.

Wouldn't that just result in sieges where the attackers drop an altar before attacking? It might backfire and make it worse since at least now you can ambush and kill enemy scouts. If it doesn't work out, can you do the opposite? I.e. make PVP impossible inside altar zones?

AFAIK apart from items/other stuff that's directly in the database, data is only saved periodically (e.g. terrain, and probably also player data since stamina etc changes a lot). It might be wurm always acted this way and no one really noticed because downtime was rare and lasted for a while.

I could literally just make half the map a PvP zone…?

The idea was people could still settle wherever and not have their shit wrecked while logged off while still having the land between settlements be dangerous.

Badmin, no sprouts grow on the serb. They all die after 2-3 days. Someone mentioned this might be a treegrowth setting in some database, so please make sure this tree shoah is fixed!

Badmin?

There's people talking about an overwhelming majority of planted sprouts dying before reaching the first stage of growth.

Would you be so kind as to ensure there's nothing wrong with the database?

badmin, a lot of peoples' successfully planted sprouts are disappearing and we've ruled out people chopping them down. 20 saplings were successfully planted in a fenced-in area with a locked gate and later they simply disappeared.

Searching to see if other Wurm servers had similar problems brought up this thread
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134587-are-sprouts-planted-growing-or-disappearing/

Brash_Endeavors' post seems to have a solution. Can you check the database to make sure tree growth isn't set to 0?

Badmin Characteristics are FUCKED

I almost have the same amount of other skills i had in WRC - i had 40 Mind Logic, but on this server i only have 26wit almost the same amount of other skills, where as i should have had at least 30

Double(s) check the config rate

Not the sprouts!

muh maple sprouts!

Players, I've seen several complaints about sprout growth. I thought the database setting only controlled trees spawning sprouts in adjacent tiles, but I'll change it and see if it helps.

Sprouts are love. Sprouts are life.

Are gains random? I'm a terrible admin, remember; there are things I don't even know. How many of those skill gains occurred before I claimed to bring the stats gains to 3x?

see

Characteristics gains are still a bit fucked.

admin friend man, the server restarts are buggy and sometimes roll back animals and materials and stuff like that by like 10 minutes, but stats and buildings seem fine, perhaps it's a bug in the shutdown and save format the server goes through, it only does it after then 24 hour restart

What's the deal with the sprouts?
WHEN WILL THE FUCKING BOUNTIES GET FIXED? Remove it if they are going to be this shit, even foraging gives more money

Have you installed the mod linked by
it's sorely needed as it lets you move more than 3 stones at a time from your cart into storage containers

My alts reached a point where, in WRC, I would have had 21 Body Strength at the least. I'm barely at 20.30 here. They're still a bit fucked and I think some user said prior that in WRC every action had a 100% chance of a Characteristic skill gain while here its at about 30% which puts us back quite a bit.

That is false. You do not get characteristic gains 100% of the time in WRC, their gains are simply far higher.

see

Boost gold for mobs pls

Except I've dug on WRC with an alt while watching my skills with skill tracker. While it did go up frequently, body strength did not increase on every single digging action. It's not 100%.

Is richfags server down right now? I can't connect.

It's up

And it appears to have properly saved water/food this time.

Annnd it's down again.

And up

It's up now.

Should be better, let me know.

We had a different mod installed, just replaced with this one.

Well that's fucking terrible looking.

I see stumps, though. Weird.

On another note, do anyone know a way to configure print screen to only copy the active monitor? I've made this mistake 3 too many times already

print screen

paste in paint

crop picture.

well, I usually alt print screen, but I have forgotten about pressing alt 3 times already, and that embarrassment happened

characteristic gains are way too high, they're like 50x actual wurm online now, they were fine before

Characteristics debate summed up.

youtube.com/watch?v=FC-avN1eDoQ

You people are never satisfied

Use ShareX

Probably your client is missing the texture or the texture file is corrupt or you just need to restart.

They were not fucking fine, they were borderline vanilla.

Before they were too low, now they are too high, I liked them how they were but if it was too hard for the casuals back then, then perhaps maybe we can set it to a middle ground.

not that I can bark orders really, I'm just the goy with the shekels

I'm pretty sure people were expecting it to be similar ratio between skills and characteristic gains as WRC had.

The golden rule.

Whoever has the gold makes the rules.

could you spawn the kingdom things that give the ruler title?

Oh yeah!

One shitposter ironically said they were too high. Leave it as is.

Spy on alliance chat and see what people who actually play the game have been saying about it.

Is there any way to bind an action (like mining) to a key on my keyboard?

F1
bind M mine_down

ty

[13:23:07] Rumours of Lady of the lake are starting to spread.
l-lewd

Come join me in my lake, user-kun!

Two of the kingmakers are NPCs and one is an indestructible item. No fair.

I don't know if it has any effect or if it can be fixed but the main body/soul/mind stats are slow as fuck compared to the subskills.

Don't do it, it's just the sea serpent with a voice changer!

sniff dat troll

With sounds of battle in the distance, a storm roars overhead with smoke billowing from the town, all while under the the gaze of the blood moon.

guhnoo
plus
linux

Hey Badmin, I looked all around spawn and the black light for the snake, but it was nowhere to be found.
If it's literally just "anywhere" on the entire map, I think there's about a 0% chance we can find it with just the 5 of us. I imagine the magnons are having an equally hard time finding the sword?

Nobody's looking

Nobody is looking on MR.

we're too busy being non nomadic cunts being industrial and shieet

I should point out that it's not that we don't WANT to find it, but that it's so hard to find that you're better just doing things as per usual and waiting for someone to stumble across it.

On the default WU server, the MR kingmaker item doesn't show up unless you're withing 2-3 tiles of it. Out of the three it is by far the hardest to find.

ok, just gonna macro 25 alts to swipe the map
or maybe just go for 125

"Wait, randomly spawned and hidden DOESN'T mean it's right beside one of the major landmarks where anyone can find it immediately with no luck or questing about it?!"
Yes. Yes, that is what it means.

Hello Assderp

Why would a snake hang around with those weirdos at spawn?

I found the badmins Kike forest.

cords? I need me some fighting XP

I'm scouring the map gathering info and finding interesting areas. I'll be comprising a comprehensive list of shit and their coordinates and posting it in the next few days. Though there's some things I think I should withhold for "TACTICAL SUPERIORITY".

Holy fugg do u guys even into winders
Alt+prtsc for active window, crtl+prtsc 4 entire screen

>We will never ever have The crown
May as well kill myself.

install gento

on someone else's laptop?
if only :(

He'll thank you later.

RIP serb

Was a restart warning given? This isn't the usual backup time.

What am I doing imping tools at four in the morning?

We can probably rule out maintaining control of your life.

Serb's back.

And so is my hurting status.

Also how is everyone elses sprouts doing?

Your character isn't the only thing being hurt.

Actually I think the water reset too. I guess it's related to getting no shutdown warning. When badmin shut the server down yesterday I drank 10 sec before it went down and it saved it correctly.

fuck

what would you call something for this game that runs in the backgroud and just repeats mining actions for you?

macro if it does not care about your stamina
bot if it read pixels to watch your stamina (like mine)

I made the backup happen earlier to hopefully impact fewer players. GTX is such a shit.

I guess I'll turn them off and do it manually.

F

Can't you make it give a couple minutes warning?

serb down? please say so, I want to put that altar down right now

WOT?

fuck that, it needs 30-60 minute warning. Horse and cart locations get rolled back pretty far. An early warning would give people an idea of where their cart/horse will be when the server comes back up

Depends what it does really. If it just repeats recorded actions then it's a macro. If it's analyzing things and making choices based on different variables then it's a bot.

Did it died? I don't think this is the normal backup time.

Do you guys know if there's any good macro programs out there
I'm sick of mining for hours on end

inb4 I fucking drown because it didn't update boat position

ask in the alliance chat, I ain't giving it to hotsheads

I can't, server is rip

Oh, ok. It updated the boats position but not mine.

so did anyone ever drop a hint as to what was up with the kingmaker stuff?

All I want to know is if he mimicked WO, placed them in spots he thought were fancy, or if he just threw them around fuck knows where

I'll see what I can do. I don't want to do it manually but the server provider is as shitty as I am.

I figured out how to put them on the moons. Git gud, faggot.

richman or admin, whatever the fuck you changed after or before this last crash is fucking with the server

happened only once you nigger, and this shit was happening constantly near the mines or anywhere a lot of people were doing lots of things

I just want to farm cotton.

Dindu nuffin but if there's lag now I can decrease creature count.

I can't I live by myself
Here's a photo proving I'm not a HotShead though
Please pm me with the name of the program, I've fucked up my mine twice trying to do make my own

that could easily be an alt taken to your base, show skills

pls

inb4 is a hotshead trying to glean other peoples skills

What QL is my hand? Body Control, or just Body?

Can I improve it by fapping?

You could get those skills in like 2 hours. Sorry, user, not convinced. Post coords.

I have an alt in every kingdom, each have access to all of those things

hotshead detected
If you notice I even covered my mini-map with my player character
letting people know where I am is a no-no, so I guess I'm just going to have to get some macro online

I don't have Alliance/village chat because I live in the middle of nowhere on account of the fact that I had no idea where to go when I spawned, and wandered around aimlessly for quite a while.
I still have no idea where I am relative to anyone else
I know, but it looks like people still don't believe me
oh well, I've done fine without them I'll continue to do fine without them

Ask in /shout and you'll probably be offered an invite + free teleport to where everyone lives.

You really can get your skills up to that level really quick, though. It doesn't prove much other than you've played on it for a few hours tops.

it was just some spikes around the time the server went down unexpectedly after the early backup

THE FIRE RISES

Now I just need 50QL logs

What exactly does the snake do, anyway?

It makes you king of the HotS, aka one bad mother fugger.

And by bad you of course mean legitimately terrible at everything and unpleasant to be around.

Sounds like the majority of HotS players.

what do you guys think the skeletons are doing now?

other than being deadly dead - nothing

Our punished smith rides mag to victory.

right

Which affinity?
I miss you lads but I bought too many games in this sale and I need to justify these shekels…

Plate Armor smithing

well shit
more like blessed, tbh.

You can connect using a pirate copy.

TIME TO TEND FIELDS

My fucking sides