Battlefield 2142 is coming back

Is anyone exited about this? I am. Got an opportunity to test out current beta and the game is even better than I remember.

The multiplayer ability is being developed by the same guys who revived BF2 and they are saying that the game will soon be ready and free to play.

EA 0, fans 99

Other urls found in this thread:

download.bf2.us/2142launcher-release/Setup.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck yeah, here we go, another game another reason for wanting EA dead.

Will it support mods?

Why wouldnt it?

Post source faggot.

Well, the game will have nothing to do with EA this time. I trust the BF2 Revive team, they made Battlefield 2 run better compared to when it was in EA hands. Really believe that they will do the same with Battlefield 2142.

Also you don't need original game copy, if the game is missing launcher downloads the game for you, the same as with Battlefield 2 one.

download.bf2.us/2142launcher-release/Setup.exe

Uh, it was definitively my favorite in the series.
How big will the servers be?

Is this what the other BF2142 threads were about last week?

I played a short bit of 2142 way back in the day. Probably just one game of conquest and a couple of Titan. Really enjoyed it.

Not sure yet. But from the way BF2 got revived, it all depends on players and donations. Players can make their own servers but with donations, battlelog.co opens up good, stable servers.

Pic related, like 6 months before Gamespy servers went off, there was barely a few servers to play in. Now it really has a good player base. It's now night time in EU and US servers are full but during the day both EU and US servers become full.

lol no

ok maybe

Can't see anything wrong with that as you need to have an account to play online.

Knee-jerk reaction. Also, I already have BF2042 via the DETHKLOK forum's revival. Will that affect this and can I use my installed copy with this?

I want to believe.

2142 is one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

This game had some of the comfiest maps

What is this game and why should I care?

>>>/out/

Nah this game was just a shitty mod of 2
Which was already shit to begin with

Don't know yet. This is not the final launcher, from what I understand they want to bundle both launchers into one(BF2 and BF2142) when BF2142 gets "officially" released .

Don't stare at me funny!

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible taste, user.

Fuck now I want to play some BF2, do you need to have an account or something? I've still got a physical copy of the game but my account is probably lost in the wind. Does it include Special Forces? Warlord probably was my favorite Battlefield map ever due to the parachute drop spawn and verticality of the map.

Will they fix the client so it'll run on systems later than XP without a virgin goat sacrifice?

You need an account, but through their system, not EA's shit.

It works on Wangblows 10.

Works fine on my winwang 7 64-bit rig. Just had a match where I crashed my helicopter into my squad leader's with no survivors because I can't fly worth a shit and was asked by a guy to pilot his chopper for him.

Never tried it on XP but it works with 7 and 10 for me.

Battlefield2142.co for those that want to play it now with stats and unlocks

bump

What are the F2P "features"?

You're a fucking idiot

I am now.

Will it work on linux?

This is still Dethklok's server and whatnot. I use the copy I installed before EA killed the 2142 servers, with Dethklok's redirect patch and what have you.

The new thing now is that you have PERSISTENT SOLDIERS again, meaning you gain ranks and unlocks like you used to.