Shitty platformer gameplay

so after watching gameplay of super mario maker, i'm in the mood for a good platformer. i like mario, i like donkey kong country, games where you can blow through a level quickly if you have good reflexes. that's fun platformer gameplay. i want something i haven't played before.
so i download prinny onto my psp

combat is shit too

why is this lack of polish allowed, Holla Forums?
why is it
so
fucking
boring to play

get umihara kawase shun eboot for your psp.

Metal slug is a pretty good platformer
You can get the anthology for psp, as long as you don't have psp1001e chips in your psp

i've seen metal slug but it doesn't appeal to me. it has no focus on platforming, its just a run and gun

git gud
Also the combat lets you grab and throw stunned enemies, butt stomp them, and use your flying attack too.

i guess my main complaint with it is that the gameplay feels so slow compared to what i'm used to.
you know that feeling when you're walking somewhere in a hurry, and someone is walking in front of you at a snails pace, and you just want to kill them in that moment? prinny is a constant state of that feeling.

You do know that if you spin a bit and then let go you start to run right?

yes, but why does it need a whole second to charge? why can't i just hold square to instantly run? why can't i attack while moving? what the fuck

Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS is also garbage. Platforming is clunky as shit because they know you're going to just get the tanuki suit to float through everything. It baffles me that a game this bad comes out AFTER the Galaxy games, which were fun, challenging, and the controls were tight.

Balance.
You can, just do a short hop before attacking.

so you're saying megaman x is fundamentally unbalanced?

This game isn't Megaman X,it's Prinny.

when a side-scrolling platformer needs to cripple your speed and make it impossible to move at a smooth and gratifying pace, or else it would be unbalanced… that's not a good thing. its a crutch.

It really isn't, the game actually has a quite tight balance, besides, you don't need to kill the enemies at all, it's much faster to just buttsmash them and use the momentum to carry on.
What is it a crutch for anyways?

This is why Yoshi's island is superior to both SMB3 and SMW

what are you talking about? yoshis island does have momentum, it just doesn't have as much. i checked just now. he slows down if you stop running, he doesn't just instantly stop in place. you also have to slow down when you suddenly change direction.

It's nothing compared to previous Mario games.

Emulating both side by side faggot.
It's not that dramatic.

thanks. i'm playing it now and this is really fun

yes, it's both relaxing and extremely challenging. Wait til you start looking at high level players.

>0:54 I'Ma GONNA EATCHA
i think the only winning move is not to play, OP
I went through a list of all the platformoers on the psp and I didn't see anything your style

hes playing umihara kawase right now, he has a chance yet.

Nayuta no Kiseki is a good action RPG platformer.

Does Holla Forums have a jpq list of platformers like the Holla Forums reccomendation templates?

lol

thats just the control scheme "brah", stay away from ghouls and ghosts you chicken

you know what, i'm gonna take the advice of everyone here telling me i'm wrong. i'm going to keep playing it and try to get used to it and see if i can like this game