Infini-Holla Forums: The Musical- The Resurrection

What once was really fucked can be unfucked again. docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ec2uGj6SSrF476vh_xmd8Neh8VWN_SxOVqDsq0vc_js/edit?pli=1#gid=0
gitgud.io/8v/8v-the-musical
We jiggling or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ap9b6mwK8oU?list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
youtube.com/watch?v=L_I61V_v83M&index=4&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
youtube.com/watch?v=n0BMAr5vldg&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=h9-l6n01AOA&index=6&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
youtube.com/watch?v=b3jBpU2NE_w&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=WKHzTtr_lNk
youtube.com/watch?v=N5-0uPJXPlI&index=9&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
youtube.com/watch?v=hExZxCuaRgM&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=BQR6aXDPtQI
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvi3ew2i34M
youtu.be/egpWCC2svVo?t=85
youtube.com/watch?v=75F5RaU5wSM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHi4UHT7ZKo
youtu.be/vZ0yqk_Ln_g?t=35
youtube.com/watch?v=cU5S41DLYT4
youtube.com/watch?v=I-djTGJZqLs
youtube.com/watch?v=o6PXm34OBP8
youtube.com/watch?v=-thA7Gv2s68
youtube.com/watch?v=4LCbMW5RSSA
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7SLWbOcMw&t=48
youtube.com/watch?v=4G-y5RxTWP0
youtube.com/watch?v=Lp0w_o0OaC4
youtube.com/watch?v=aaRv2wzNrOg
youtube.com/watch?v=xRdK7_vX31w
youtube.com/watch?v=374xW4zZbZA
youtube.com/watch?v=C7sYaCxpscM
pastebin.com/ZuqKZEYG
picosong.com/xMSg
my.mixtape.moe/ookpff.webm
my.mixtape.moe/kbdubd.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Holla Forumsidya Obsessity is great.

Well, good luck if you really get the ball rolling again. I hope you're not letting a certain namefag anywhere near it.

Can't sing for shit, but I greatly enjoyed the last few musicals.

Wasn't here last one though, who the fuck is Val?
WHY

Ill join in if this song is included

What even needs to be done?
Are there still songs that need singing?
Is there editing that needs to be done?
I know some are finished too, which and how many?

Info is in the gitgud I believe.
They have the lyrics that we have thus far, some vocals that need editing and a bunch of other stuff.

To be frank, I kinda don't know what happened last time. Something about a namefag being a fuckup(who'd thought?) and crashing the project with no survivors. I really didn't pay too close attention to drama-llamas.
I did a minor contribution, and I really like what the editor had done with it, so I thought it a shame that his work and mine among many others would go wasted.
So this is my attempt at necromancy to get this fucking thing up and going again. This time, the right way. By anons, for anons.

Kinda tempted to do Wake Up….

Give it a shot m8. What's the worst that can happen? its not liked? so what. give it the ol' college try.

I'll try to do something tomorrow after work, if the thread is still alive i guess.

All the info and content is there but not what actually needs to be done and most people are not going to look through the whole thing looking for something they could do.

I think we need more of a structured plan on what to do at this point if we want to get anywhere without wasting a bunch of work and time.

I still don't know how this was killed. Can someone educate me?

Namefag called Val killed it. If you see him then filter him.

Really, filter almost any namefag or tripfag.

I'm going to need to buy a shitload of sound deadening filler from walmart and something more portable than a desktop first.

Did anything actually get finished last time or was it all just thrown out?

I'm a decent singer and I can record vocals, but that's all I can do. Don't know sound editing or any of that.

I really hope Business Man gets sung this year, I miss the Holla Forums musicals

Gonna give it a bump

If you guys need a non-english speaker to sing something with a weird accent, note it on the Gitgud.

bump

The first two musicals were great, but third was just painful to listen to at times. The only thing that tanked harder than the quality of the singing was the quality of the song writing, the humor of the previous two was non-existent, and there wasn't a single catchy song in the bunch. If this is what we can expect for the next one, I'd rather we just left this to die in peace instead of dragging it out.

Psycho Shiller and Sales of Summer are some of my favourites so far. Lots of these have potential but are missing better writing in places.

Everything's Offensive is pretty good too

Bump. This shit needs to live.

Everything's Offensive is a perfect theme for the parody honestly.

Oh fact it user, the time of doing projects and group shit has passed. You can't motivate 8ch to do anything nowadays.

Managed to see Chicago a while back, and in hindsight I must be going mad since a lot of the songs I could see being turned into vidya or anti SJW related. Seriously check the visuals in the movie.

youtu.be/ap9b6mwK8oU?list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
A Journo or Anita saying if you're good to her, you'll get endless praise or be immune to SW scorn.

youtube.com/watch?v=L_I61V_v83M&index=4&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
In the context of the original song, a lawyer claims he's representing his female clients purely out of kindness. Later in the film, this is a blantant lie, and he's happy to drop a client when they can't pay or he thinks there a lost cause.
Could be a song about a dev claiming he's for the entertainment, when his double meanings make it clear he wants money.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0BMAr5vldg&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784&index=5
Lawyer gives a press conference, telling his client what to say (the actress acting like a ventriloquist dummy). All to put the idea that "they both reached for the gun" into the general public.
Could be about Five Guys or any Gaming SJW controversy the journos covered up, or took the word for.
IMO the "understandable" bit, could be turned into lines about "It's Defendable, perfectly defendable". But the second time it's brought up its in the context of misgynerds. "Undefendable, perfectly undefendable, reprihensible" etc.
And the "they both reached for the gun the gun the gun" sounds fun as fuck could be really hard to pull off. Not sure if "They both reached for the gun" works as "It is better than nothing".

youtube.com/watch?v=h9-l6n01AOA&index=6&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
As I was passing through the playlist, we could make it "Waifu", and vague enough to apply to nearly ANY /a/ or Holla Forums character.

youtube.com/watch?v=b3jBpU2NE_w&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784&index=8
How about a woman/girl who hates the SJW shit, but is blatantly ignored by the journos, or insulted. maybe themes off getting caught in the cross-fire as people think she's not into games due to the increasing fake/casuals. Alternatively, it could just be ANY gamer being ignored by devs/journos while SJWs get praise.
Linking the movie version- the guy puts so much soul into the finale of the song, he looks like he's on the verge of tears:
youtube.com/watch?v=WKHzTtr_lNk

youtube.com/watch?v=N5-0uPJXPlI&index=9&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784
E3 bullshit, or just producer/advertising bullshit in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=hExZxCuaRgM&list=PLD490D6C11FC82784&index=13
Someone sick of a dev going to shit, so they move onto other games/new studio's work.

youtube.com/watch?v=BQR6aXDPtQI
SJW losing their shit over minor things and killing their partners. Or a gamer each talking about how they started boycotts/spread news of how bad a game was/reported illegal shit to the FCC/Dug into the devs past- because the game went SO against the audience it was an insult.

Nice defeatism, you faggot. Feel free to sit in a corner and sulk while the rest of us have fun.

While you are being a defeatist bitch, I do admit we need to get the best talent we can.
That's not to say they have to be "the best", just the best we can do.

Flipping through some other songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mvi3ew2i34M
Song about the UN ignoring serious problems, instead focusing on SJW shit or vidya being evil.

youtu.be/egpWCC2svVo?t=85
SJW, bad Game Journo, or AAA Dev Lie bullshit explained in English.

youtube.com/watch?v=75F5RaU5wSM
History of the online communities that hate each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHi4UHT7ZKo
Maybe about a Kickstarter project being a con (a fake) or the end product being crap and nearly everyone falling for it. And changing the last line "So we're moving to Beirut" to funding another project, or even Mighty No.9, or the next "destined to fail" project if it's the subject of this song. "So we're giving to __"

youtu.be/vZ0yqk_Ln_g?t=35
Starts with a dev singing about all the things his game can do and how he's got even more to show before he's finished, but turns into all the shit the dev thinks he can get away with and still sell the game "before he's through."

youtube.com/watch?v=cU5S41DLYT4
Testers moan about how testing is crap, one of them has very lofty and romanticized ideas about what being a developer is like.

youtube.com/watch?v=I-djTGJZqLs
Someone warning an audience about Mr. SJWs (mister eshews or S. J. Ews). Hate Seth MacFarlane, but I like his singing work

youtube.com/watch?v=o6PXm34OBP8
A song about being a revolting gamer and enjoying all the tits, violence and "wrong" things while not giving a fuck.

Would love to do something like this, but I want to get a better professional setup before I do.

and its gonna be awhile before I do.

Maybe next go.

youtube.com/watch?v=-thA7Gv2s68
A dev sings how he's had enough of SJW demands and is going to ignore them. Might need a Brit to pull off the cockney accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=4LCbMW5RSSA
Singing about how the industry is going to come crashing down as "the truth comes out". Might have to cut out all the references to the other songs. Instead of the ending, it goes into…

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7SLWbOcMw&t=48
A new dev/someone who is working on vidya, says they're worried all their work will be squandered when the industry crashes. Other people sing as long as they learn from the mistakes of the old industry they're going to be OK.

youtube.com/watch?v=4G-y5RxTWP0
Welcome to Holla Forums Holla Forums? Or do we not want to advertise like that?
Alternatively, Welcome to the 40 thieves: youtube.com/watch?v=Lp0w_o0OaC4

youtube.com/watch?v=aaRv2wzNrOg
Either SJWs or GG licking their wounds (GG after getting kicked out of halfchan), then planning regrouping. Hell, if you want a challenge, maybe a duet as it cuts between the two sides?

youtube.com/watch?v=xRdK7_vX31w
- A JRPG Final Boss listing the ever-growing list of the bullshit he can use in battle.
Or
- An SJW boasting all the shit they can do- but not really.
Or
- A AAA Dev boasting they have enough casual fans to never go out of business, and any attempts to expose how shit their work is will fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=374xW4zZbZA
Stop GamerGate. SJWs brainstorm how to stop GamerGate.

youtube.com/watch?v=C7sYaCxpscM
Feel Like 4 Million about Mighty Number 9.

oh shit it's nearing that time of the year again?

Nah, you don't understand. Everyone gets in on this whether they're good or not.

Bumping to keep it alive.

bump

I can join in singing - my mic is pretty good, but needs a pop filter.

I recorded for Anita went down to Holla Forums, but this is my first time doing this sort of thing. Do i just post the link for the file here? or somewheres else?

Pop filters are not especially necessary for most modern mics. You can sing slightly off-center, or at an angle. See vid related.

That's not really how this works. It's more akin to a game-jam, where all of the singing is done within the span of a week or two. It has historically started on September 15th. However, we may have to change exactly how it works for 8ch, since we don't have the same size of userbase as 4chan.

Wait, then why bother putting up any material until that day? And with that in mind, does that also mean this recording would be invalid for the entries?

JUST LIKE MAKE SONGS at our own rate. the fucker trying to emulate them too hard was part of why we failed I think. just write some silly songs ye cunts

also

i gotta find a quiet place to sing

So what, everyone make songs and show up with it on the day of? I like the idea, but it prevents collaboration and such if we don't have a specific thread for it. Half of the fun is having the thread itself. It seems to me like the best option is Both.

So, those lists of songs can still be sung, just only during September?

posting some shit lyrics me and some other niggers made in a thread once
pastebin.com/ZuqKZEYG

I'm gonna give this a bump, because I was doing some singfagging in the old threads, and now I have a much better mic and much better situation in which to sing. So I can redo some shit that needs to be redone. I gotta wait until morning, but when that time comes, I'll do some more stuff after warming my voice up.

Contributing sung "Stolen Funds"

picosong.com/xMSg

Can you just contribute any old shit you've sung?

It has to be vidya-related, and specifically made for this event. Can't be used if it already exists somewhere else.

Now I think about it, Histeria Invasion could be each board singing it's praise- then undercut by another.

In the final chorus you mention how theme memes trickle into mainstream, and if they don't like it "We're going to raid"

It's a fine line. Mentioning another board for a joke is one thing, but let's at least keep it on to Holla Forums-related topics. I'd rather this not devolve into shitflinging.

bump

So, no one ever really answered my question. Are we just posting links for stuff here? is the project not going..?

The project is annual, and doesn't start until September 15th.

but its not the musical month yet

Welp, fuck youtube
Spent twenty goddamn hours uploading this for them to erase the ENTIRETY of the sound for a few minutes of a music (here comes the sun) being used. I swear to fucking god google should get bombed.
Anyway, the strike seems to be off, but I'll post links to the full thing in webm form too just in case once it's uploaded.

Regardless, when I saw this thread I thought maybe many people hadn't had the chance to hear what so many anons had done. There you have it guys. Last year's musical's result. Hope you'll enjoy it, there's actually great shit in there. You've got the list/names/etc in the youtube vid's description. I didn't help much which makes people go mad at me for "ruining" it all the weirder
Anyway I'll probably just lurk if there's a new musical this year, I'm aware it'd cause only drama with buttblasters

Oh, almost forgot. I know some user made a simple but fun video edit of Look through a Backlog's Files, but I didn't save it. Maybe someone'll post it, who knows.

Fucking kill yourself, you goddamn cancer. I hope you get permabanned for this.

Here are the various covers for last year's musical
And here is the full webm'd musical
my.mixtape.moe/ookpff.webm
my.mixtape.moe/kbdubd.webm
going back to lurking

Stay there please for the love of all that is good.

Hey, let's give Val some credit. I don't like him and his name/avatarfagging, and I've always held him at least partly responsible for the original failure of the musical, but I appreciate that he polished up and compiled the good songs. It was an enjoyable hour of listening.

Kill yourself.

fuck off.

r8 my cover

Fuck off gook.

He's French.

tfw mute

Ya can still edit, bud.

Bump.

Bumping because a 4th album would be nice