Overwatch thread

old one is almost dead

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/xjSTB8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

as much as i hate symmetrical maps, i dont think these payload and cp maps are well suited for competitive mode.
we needs maps with more of a tug of war style, or capture the flag. the king of the hill maps work out great i think.

yeah the defense and attack modes are not competitive cause it favors the defending side too much

I literally got that webm from a couple days ago in a previous overwatch thread here on 8ch/v/

It's still a halfchan webm, nigger.

I found that payload modes aren't really balanced insofar as they amplify skill inequalities between the teams. Teams that hold their own on cp maps and consistenly get to 99%/99% ends tend to get absolutely fucking creamed, or do the creaming, on payload maps.

Any experience running this on toasters? Got a laptop and not gonna pay money for something i cant run.

So since public matches seem to match you with either autists or salty fuckers who go AFK when things don't go their way, I decided to make an Australian discord to help find people to play with until my friends can actually buy this game.

discord.gg/xjSTB8c

that's because the game was never made for an emphasis on K/D ratio

the game is trying to be two things at once " babies first team based FPS" and a competitive E-sport shooter. i personally think will never be and E sport shooter because of the ultimates

from what i understand the competitive mode is just people waiting around corners for their ultimoates to pop

Why do people keep saying that the ice gook is obscenely powerful?

Looks like we need another cyclical.

EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS SHILLING

I AM SILLY

So Ignoring the faggots for a moment, is it me or is tracer shit.

If we pulled that off, would this thread die?

she's more obscenely annoying than obscenely powerful

because they cant aim

Which support is the best atm? I say it's Lucio

You forget who the BO is

she's pretty much the exact opposite of shit

in fact she is single-handedly the most annoying character in the game, partly because her kit inherently has no hard counters and partly because she is cheesing the fuck out of that bong accent

It's you.

A good Tracer can spend the entire match constantly harassing the enemy rear and flanks, taking out key enemies like Mercies, Hanzos, and Bastions, and can hold her own against pretty much anyone except a Mei or Genji.

Problem is that about 90% of the people who play Tracer can't aim and move around at the same time, and 90% of people who fight against a Tracer just can't aim full-stop.

Playing Tracer is insanely fun since you're often silently the key player on your team, if you play right. Watching Mercies ragequit or ragesquitch to Pharahs never gets old, and you can mine large deposits of enemy salt if you harass them long enough.

the only thing that really annoys me about tracer, is the most annoying ones have a laggy guardian angel. ill hit them with a hook and theyll end up to the side or behind me, and even when they dont they will somehow manage to recall before im allowed to fire

by i think the most annoying character in the game is mercy, the undoer

a tracer who can aim shouldnt be threatened by mei. and a mercy whos attentive should be able to defend herself against a tracer, maybe not win but force her to play more cautious giving her team time to react.
mercy players tend to have their eyes forward too often.

Fucking this. We need the TF2 style capture point maps instead of all this A/D garbage.

I'm actually surprised that they chose that Sudden Death thing to solve ties when a much easier solution exists.

UT2K4 has an Assault mode where a team has to complete a set ob objectives while the other tries to stop them. Complete an objective, you move on to the next and get some extra time.
The way it works, when it switches teams, they have at best, the time you took to complete the map, assuming they complete the same objectives.
If they complete more objectives or the same but faster, they win. However the first team gets to dictate just how much time they have with how long they take on their turn.
It's pretty easy and fast to play out, certainly shorter than the current method and it seems fair to me…

Actually, you couldn't be farther from the truth.
Ultimates charge on their own very fucking slowly. You can hide in a corner for the whole match to use your Ulti, but that's gonna net you maybe 1 use, if the match doesn't end faster than that (and I'm sure it does).

Or you can go in and actually do your job. Mercy can easily pull 3 resurrects in a single minute if she's constantly healing people and you know a Pharah is doing an amazing job when it's the 3rd time you hear "Justice Rains from Above!". I play a lot of Symetra and I could literally just hide behind my turrets but that's neither fun nor efficient. If I instead facefuck some idiots with my lasergun, I can have a teleporter up 20 SECONDS after the match started (my personnal best time).

Ranked actually sees far more people rushing to the point and constantly engaging in combat in one way or another than Casual and Casual already saw a fair share of people doing this.
Everyone knows how they charge their Ultis and everyone knows how to counter all Ultis anyway. They aren't the game changing moment you expect them to be unless used well and players rely far more on their Skills than their Ulti-

Good on ya, cut out the deadwood

I will never understand how a Tracer can wind up with most damage on a team unless they're worthless. My best is 11.000 and any junkrat or bastion worth anything should be able to beat that.

Sure you did bub

There's an option to reduce "Render Scale" that basically allows you to play at a much smaller resolution than what's actually listed. It sets the actual resolution to a percentage of what you chose and this allows toasters to run the game if you don't mind a bit of a blurred image.

Other than that, the game is actually praised for being quite optimized. Runs in a lot of crappy computers and old videocards which makes sense since they want the largest amount of people to play (and buy) their game.

Because they're jealous :3
Mei is a-mei-zing at dealing with bullshit like Tracer or Genji or even Reaper or Soldier. Most things that rely on mobility? She shits on them. Most things that rely on atrition to win? She shits on them. She's even a natural counter to Reinhart, you can literally freeze him through his shield.

She's not really that easy to play efficiently, it requires you to constantly be on their sidelines, blocking line of sight or breaking their formation with your Ice Wall, catching people from behind or from the sides and using Cryo for more than just healing (protip: it blocks movement and projectiles too)

For instance, that Ilios map with a well in the middle? As soon as possible move to the other side of the well. There's always a few tards that are gonna try to stay behind the fence and peek-shoot from cover. You can block their view or just wait for them to push and get them from the side. You're also in position to stop ultis from hitting the point since they are gonna be used from that point, I once made a Dad76 angry since I blocked his autoaim 3 times in a match this way.
Just gotta be carefull with people coming from the other side behind you but they'll be close enough you can freeze them and kill them (only squishy people are gonna try to flank you from there).

Oh and Mei can no longer contest maps when in Cryo, I think. Last I played her at least, it didn't work. Seems like they "fixed" that issue she had, which is actually a good thing.

whut

?
I just freeze the shield wich looks like it does nothing

This is false

Actually it favors attack. In more competent games you usually end up with both teams getting to the end with hardly anything to stop them, and then the game is decided in sudden death where once again the attacking team wins with even less time to work with.

Defense is favored in low skill, attack is favored in higher skill. More "defense oriented" maps just take a higher skill threshold before they become attack favored. Keep in mind that I'm talking about cases where both teams are equally skilled or where the defense might actually even be slightly more skilled than the attack.

Torbjorn is amazing. You can drop "medikits" that have damage reduction at your own feet or to your team, the turret forces pharahs to engage it, letting you kill them freely and the rivet gun is fucking amazing.
It has no damage falloff, excelent accuracy and the arc that projectile does? It actually allows you to hit even more places than you'd think, like people hiding behind cover or on top of buildings. That and shotgun make it the best weapon in the game IMO.

Also:
She looks absolutely terrible and only faggots would ever play with her, right?

She's essentially a Zarya that doesn't need help to charge her gun and actually causes even more damage. I cause so much terror in the other team when I flank them that I've had matches with 3 people dedicated to kill me (and often failing) because they acknowledge the threat I am.
And what's best is the Teleporter. I'm always the first one to charge my Ulti and everytime my teleporter is up and the other team is making a serious push, it's all for nothing as they essentially have to kill 11-12 people before getting the point. I also play Mercy and let me tell you: teleporter > ressurect.
I never expected to like the character but she's so fucking efficient at literally everything, she's the one I play the most.

If you shoot your cold sperm at him with his shield up, you'll see some icicles forming on his shield. If he keeps it up, I'm pretty sure it actually freezes him since I've done it multiple times.

I used to think it was true myself until I tried it. But you are right no freezing.

As far as I can tell the only decent counter to Mei other than Snipers is Reaper. She can still kill/survive reaper sometimes, but if he can aim he kills her faster than she freezes, and if he fails he can shift out before the freeze hits to try again. If he's really lucky/good he might even kill her too fast for her to iceblock, perfect headshots can do over 300 damage.

Pharah too I guess, mei can't really beat her but at 120 damage max it takes at least 3 shots to kill Mei, which gives her plenty of time to iceblock. Pharah can easily bypass her walls to go in for the kill, but if she hangs around during iceblock she'll probably be picked off by mei's teammates.

Characters like Genji and Tracer are really hard to freeze, but can't really kill Mei fast enough to be a real threat. Roadhog can do a hook combo, but with 250 health mei usually survives to iceblock and she can easily kill roadhog if his hook is on CD.

Correction, reaper does 280 with a perfect headshot, but it's still enough to 1-shot mei. Actually hitting that though is virtually impossible.

Daily dose

The only way I have fun anymore is by playing the cuck. I think my days with this game are numbered.

Wait, I'm reading a bit more here… I think I'm most likely wrong in this.

When you are freezing his shield, you're still doing damage (not much but still…) and because of that, you'll see tiny icicle particles forming on the shield. However, that's just a shader effect applied to everything affected by her frostbeam, much like Widow's Mine also makes the shield have that noxious cloud around it.

Now I'm confused because I've backed Reinharts up to a wall, freezing their shield and the moment it went down, they were permafrost, no further waiting necessary. I though it was freezing their shield or something, I need to test this again…

It's a matter of who sees who first and who has a better aim. Both have 250 HP but Reaper can cause truck loads of damage, especially up close with headshots. If he can land 2 or 3 good shots, he can kill Mei before she can freeze him. Using stealth here helps to deliver 1 or 2 shots before she starts firing.

However, literally any ranged hero with an escape mechanism can shit on her. Tracer can slowly peel her from a distance and keep said distance with her Blink. Genji can do the same and so can many others. You just gotta remenber that the first time she hits low HP, she's gonna Cryo, but after that, there's no escape from you. Mei's often disengage after that to not risk it so you win the fight if you force her into Cryo most of the time.

Gotta put Hanzo instead of Vegeta. And Genji instead of DVA

They are 1on1. You just have to grind Mei down for a bit. If she's pulled out to get healing that's a good time to strike. If she's down to 50% one close magdump from tracer is easily enough. I think the only ones i really stay away from as tracer are full hp tanks, except reinhardt, bastion and s76. On low health all are fair game.

You can force her to dump cooldowns and run, but if she buys enough time things are going to turn against you sooner or later. Countering her means killing her, not chasing her off for 5 seconds.

play support team can't kill = lose
play dmg support and others can't play for shit =lose

doesn't help with the shitty matchmaking skill ratiing reward system which punishes winners more often then losers.
started at 55 went down to 50 went back up to 56. all solo que

anyone want from a team or something fuck tired of randoms all I feel is cancer every time and get discouraged to play something else

The cooldown on cryo is too long for her to keep it up. Once she cryos you can wait her out, while you deny the medkits and keep your hp full, and magdump when she emerges then blink away and start grinding again. She's probably not worth the time, effort and risk though. If someone else comes along you're fucked anyway.

safdfgadf

wtf players can see enemy hp?

Yes?

healthbars m8

Yes, but only for a few seconds after that player does damage to that enemy.

I've complained about it at length in more serious shooters, but it's not one bit unwelcome in overwatch.

And this shit being sold and played?

So has anyone here actually used rocket jumps effectively as pharah? I'm not talking about her E or Shift, but actually shooting and jumping on the damage. It only takes 40 health and she goes almost as high as with shift, the real question is when is it ever worth the health instead of waiting out the CD.

In theory it's fine if you have a trusted mercy healing you but in practice never. She doesn't have enough hp to be worth it.

Completely wrong. Countering someone is as simple as preventing them from doing what they need to be doing. Just picking a hero that causes the enemy team to change tactics or stop what they're doing is countering them.

If you play a Bastion and the enemy Pharah stops going airborne, you've countered Pharah.
If you play as Widowmaker and the enemy Mercy stays out of line of sight for more time than she does healing because she doesn't want to get sniped, you've countered Mercy.

This is especially relevant since every single game mode is won by standing in something and not by clearing the field.

I'd queue with you if I didn't quit until next season. This system is pure cancer.
This is the worst competitive mode I've seen in anything ever. The fact that everyone is given a skill rating that tries it's hardest to normalize to 50 is completely retarded. Rank 57 shouldn't be top 14% - that should be rank 86. Or 14 really.

zaryas gun has a decent range on it, which is the entire reason shes worth a damn.

well thats interesting, i wonder if shooting his shield builds "stacks" of freezing. that would be nuts considering how theres reinhardts in nearly every game.

It'd probably only be useful as a quick means of escape if your shift is on cool down, you can see the enemy coming, and they have no roadhog or hitscan characters shooting you.

ya we are not the only ones complaining leddit and the forums seem to be on fire about comp mode

what? she hardly budged when ive tried. if thats true absolutely, id trade 40 hp for a burst of mobility any day of the week. being an easy target is what kills you. thats why dva is one of the easiest kills in the game even though she has her shield, and massive health pool of armor.

If you use it in spawn you get no knockback at all, try it outside.

i've been playing Zenyatta and having fun
what's wrong with me

Needs more butts

A floating 150hp bot melting tanks is fun.
I usually pick him next to a Lucio if I feel like it.
And nukeing a squishy with the alt fire is highly satisfying.
Never seen one get potg though

Something about the healing field negates knockback almost immediately after it happens. it's not "none at all", but that's why you are getting just a tiny boost.

As long as you are outside of that it should work, even in the spawn room.

The height difference is noticeable, but they are still pretty close (rocket and shift). Rocket jumps are far more reliable than E jumps. If you are moving forward and aim straight down you should boost in roughly the same direction/speed as you are currently running.

i got two POTG today, both using trans to push the cart to final moments and stopping team from being killed by riptire

melting tanks is the best fucking feeling and skilled Zenyatta gameplay looks the coolest, even if they aren't really doing anything special

How though? Ult is just a massive heal, only you get immune to damage (but for some reason can still get hooked), meanwhile riptire is a nuke, so your heal does nothing
Utterly fuckes up Ults like Zarya or Dad though.

Guys, I want to buy the game, but do you think this shit will last more than The Division?

It's by blizzard.
If blizzard is can do something, it's keeping a game alive.

Didn't think of that, thank you.

no clue, but i've stopped immediate damage quite a few times. maybe a bug, maybe the riptire was just out of range, but i wouldnt have got play of the game if i was doing nothing

I'm pretty sure it's already lasted longer than Division did

well its far from useless though it doesnt seem quite as high as her jump jet. why dont i see more people doing this?
on that note, rocket jumping with 76 is sort of a thing. its a lousy rocket jump but it allows you to get to a lot of places people dont expect you to be. problem is the helix rocket cooldown is valuable.
heres a few useful ones for hollywood

the green car in the attackers side is a tough one that is barely possible but the car rocks around as it floats so youre better off not doing it.

Are you sure about that?

I know for a fact that Trascendence won't "block" riptire. With the exception of Zenyatta himself, it ONLY heals, so anything that does damage faster than he can heal it will still kill. Rocket Barrage will kill squishyer characters as well and it doesn't even do instant damage.

that's the saddest fucking POTG i've ever seen
i probably got it for just doing a bit of healing then, yeah. riptire was probably out of range by just a little bit. ah well, i got POTG so i'm not even mad

i always get mad when i get potg but its entirely due to a zarya ult, why the hell isnt it zaryas potg? all i did was shoot at a katamari ball

I'd say a rocket jump is about 3/4ths the height of her Shift, maybe even 4/5ths. It is measurably lower, but still a very substantial jump on its own. By comparison, Soldier's jump is pretty pathetic, though obviously even that has uses. Even Zarya's might have a use or two.

Anyway I just used it a bunch in Hanimura attack, to maneuver around behind the first point. Enemy team had a teleporter, I needed to get back there, take it out, and then get back up to the healthpack. First time I've ever used it under pressure, but it was basically to take a shortcut to a healthpack so I didn't exactly miss the health much.

The worst part is that there was at least one junkrat triple (if not quad) kill tire while we were defending, so I KNOW there were decent plays that game.

undeserved POTGs are pretty annoying, but to be fair the games where i've gotten Zenyatta POTG either had no good moments, so my Trans healing was about as deserving as other moments, or i've actually solod 4 or so players and for a Zenyatta that's pretty fuckin good

Riptires barely deserve POTG, about as much as a Torbjorn POTG of him running back from spawn after a death. Reaper i can at least understand because he's incredibly squishy and there's some strategy on when to jump in and not die, but Riptire doesn't deserve a good POTG

What a retard

Someone in the previous thread posted a niggress cosplaying as D.Va.

Someone else replied with a different niggress.

I demand to see the second niggress.

Many shooters either feature the same thing (a health bar above someone's head) or pop-ups for damage, much like TF2 has numbers popping up everytime you hit someone with any weapon.
Also, the Spy could always know exactly the life of everyone.

You usually show a healthbar instead of straigth numbers because the information is roughly the same but the player doesn't have to do math while playing the game. It's mostly a "you've actually hit this guy and took about 1/3 of his health" since it doubles as hit marker but it's not as accurate as damage pop ups. It lets you know when to pursue for a kill and how you're doing compared to your opponent.
I like seeing enemy's HP bar goind down really fast when I target them as Symetra.

You pick Zenyatta when everyone else is shit. You'll often be told "oh, he's low HP because he needs to work with his team" but that's a bunch of bullshit.
Your teammates? Decoys, nothing else. You'll let them pick attention while you murder everything. Try to use cover and your shields to efficetively self heal as fast as Mercy does while your team is "busy doing important teammate things".
Your Harmony Orb? It's to make your Decoy's last longer, nothing else. Swap it around to everyone in CRIT to charge your Ulti really fucking fast and have more Decoys all the time.
Your Discord Orb? It's to put a debuff on your enemys called "Terror and Despair". Watch them run for cover the second it pops on them, even if you don't attack them. If they don't, you need to activate the buff with a few kills, that should do it. Forget about prioritizing targets, you use it primarly on the guy targeting you so you kill fast and secondly in whatever target is engaging your Decoys so they believe they actually killed someone with no help.

Your orbs are amazing but you gotta learn to aim for the head. You'll often have Tracers or Genjis or Lucios that think they are hotshit and you're easy pickings. Show them they are wrong, with Murder (tm).
Charge is mostly useless in a fight, don't bother. Use it when coming from a corner to open a fight but use regular orbs instead after that.

About your Ulti: It's nice. You'll use it more often to save yourself than helping your team since it expels teammates by force when it's active (it's true, try it and see how many stand near you) it doesn't last long, it doesn't grant immunity to them and takes far too long to charge. Always save it for when a Reaper or Pharah thinks they are gonna get PotG with their Q and TransSmug their ass.

Fuck you, user, that POTG was well earned for the amount of salt it mined.

Just a theory but what's happening there is most likely that Ulti being given a very heavy weight in the decision for the PotM for being that late in the game. The closer to the end a Play happens, the heavier it weights in the score system, so the game was probably so meh that a single Rez after the Pharah Ulti right as the game was ending was enough to top the other scores.

You stole the PotM from a Junkrat RIPtire. That alone deserves PotM.

He didn't even res untill after the round was over

Tracer is an assassin, you fuck. She's not about doing a bunch of burst damage to a bunch of people, she's about zipping in, shooting the fuck out of a Mercy, then rewinding to get the fuck away when Reaper starts shooting his shotguns in her direction.

can you buy it for me?

this entire post
is the most accurate fucking thing i've ever seen
melt tanks, melt everything, but most of all
WATCH YOUR ENTIRE TEAM RUN AWAY FROM YOUR TRANS

you are the worst type of person but i'm glad you had fun. honestly junkrat is pretty fun and he's a cool character so whatever if people get mad about his ult, including myself

Don't forget 20 tick severs and those hotboxes

20 tick Client Update. The server is still at 60 tick.
Not that you know the difference here anyway…

Mercy can fucking wreck tracer. Easier to hit and headshot tracer with Mercy's blaster than pretty much any other weapon in the game.

If you're properly assassinating, Mercy will be dead before she even knows you're there.

D.Va's Blaster.
That thing does everything Mercy's does, but with faster projectiles.

Here you go.

My sides

Like Genji, the point of Cuckrat is to be as annoying as possible. Filling hallways with grenades, surprising Pharah with direct grenade hits, and being a vindictive kike by using your fast charging ult to kill the same person over and over.

It's very cathartic after playing support for randoms.

Oh thanks. I've seen that pic already.
Probably not a dude. Blacks are just naturally more masculine looking overall.
Funny enough, this also means black traps have better odds of passing than most other races since they don't need to be as feminine as other races would. They'll just end up ugly.

Except for less sustain and less damage per shot. Mercy's blaster does more DPS (100 vs 93.24) AND has a faster reload (1 second vs 1.5) AND shoots for longer between reloads (3 seconds vs 4).

The real kick is from that sustain. Mercy shoots for 4 solid seconds while maintaining higher DPS for the whole time. It's suppression fire that gives her nowhere to run.

Junkrat is pretty good for just kamikaze attacks at Bastion and turrets

I'm starting to understand where all those my team, their team meme images come from, if I play solo its somewhat ok, if I play with a friends its a disaster, I mean there's just 3 of us and its not their fault, they play their roles perfectly(S76 and Genji) but the other 3 guys are fucking retarded.

Meanwhile their team has perfect composition and stick together and just stomp all over us.

doesnt baby koreans laser bolt fly faster though?

wheres the fucking porn, the only good thing about this turd?

literally just google overwatch porn or go to the porn boards holy shit

who the hell looks for porn on google?

yes. I dont know how much. But the slow travel time is a feature. If they were hitscan it would be harder (because you'd have to aim directly). With the slow projectiles you can just spam.

I'm not honestly sure which is easier to hit with, but mercy has the duration and damage.

Bumplock when?

isnt that kind of offset by the much higher rate of fire though?

Why would mods bumplock it?

which is then lost because she can only fire for a shorter time with the same 20 clip.

Back and forth but in my opinion Mercy is a bit easier to do it with.

She wants to fuck

someone as lazy as

CYCLICAL
Y
C
L
I
C
A
==L

its dead jim

You gotta remenber that everytime you play with pre-mades, you're gonna find a pre-made the same size as yours in most games on the other side.
So if you go with 2 friends, it's almost certain on the other side there are 3 guys playing together too and this means it's you 3 that have to handle them since you have the coordination to beat them, not your other 3 randoms.

Playing with a premade team and not cooperating or working together is shooting yourself in the foot. You have an advantage over randoms and you don't use it while the other team is most likely gonna use it to it's full extent. Remenber that.

It's mostly a moot point. The damage and the travel time and the reload times aren't so different it makes a huge difference and usually if you have to use your pistol instead of your teammates\meka, something has gone terribly wrong anyway.

It's pretty sad when you are healing 4 people, all trying to break a Bastion nest and somehow they can't, but you grab your revolver, spam down an hallway and do what those 4 chucklefucks couldn't. This is why I play Zenyatta when I'm angry, fuck trusting your team showing competence.

When the thread hits 300 posts, of course. Or maybe when Hiroyoki becomes SysAdmin of Holla Forums or perhaps right after they add the Downvote buttons, they did heard your requests for a "Reddit Experience without the things I don't like".

Mei is trash, but annoying trash.
It's as if somebody took TF2's pyro and thought "How could I make this worse?".

yeah, ive had more success with mercys pistol over all, but maybe having 50 more hp also helps.

Yeah that's a key factor. Self healing as well, if tracer breaks off for a few seconds Mercy gets back to full health.

What are you saving up for with ingame overshekels?

I'm at 585 after mercys Imp skin.

Zenyatta Ifrit or Sunyatta skin

I want Valkyre, but I have to get Memefrog for the Nigger first, so I can actually stand playing him
Already bought Siberian Front Zarya for the same reason.

Just a reminder that you're all fucking casuals and that you could be having more fun by Operating in much better games.

just a reminder you were a mistake

mei has very little synergy between her skills except for being a nigger to finish off. that doesnt amount to much though.
if that "bitch to kill" factor was in the form of more hit points shed be able to paint targets for her team. but even then you can just do that as roadhog, and without your team.

roadhog has some fun skins but i rather like default pig anyways, ill just sit on them until something nice comes out and have the mobile game tier pleasure of watching a number go up in the meantime.

I want the Pharah Gundam skin so I guess I'm saving for that. I don't really keep thinking about it but there's nothing much else to spend coins on. I wish Mercy had a decent skin.

Valkyrie seems so Vanilla and i like the Imp even if i sense le corruption fetish mans dank hand in this.

Im not you user

Yeah, Dad's base skin is great aswell.
In fact, I dislike all his Legendaries and will probably stick with Jet or get one of the Epics somewhere down the line

put the keyboard down friend

I was saving up for snow Zyara then got it in a drop, so probably something for Toblerone.

Probably one of Winston's explorer skins since he's the character I play the most.

Good god.

Damn, playing all those rounds of TF2 and League really did rotten your brain huh?

Every team has a minimum of 2 Torbjorns

What?

I got lucky and unboxed the skins I wanted from leveling up. I'll probably save the shekels I have for whatever comes out later.

I hate all of 76's skins that leave his face exposed, it just feels wrong.

UGGGHHHHHH

it sounds natural if you're not a retard

I agree with it looking kind of off for the character, but the dad mustache makes me laugh.

Gonna pretend I didn't read that.

HI already have pretty much everything decent. I even bought literally every purchasable item for Mercy (working on that gold staff), and I have almost 1500 sitting right now. Just going to keep sitting on it now.

I thought so at first. I even cycled through every other skin. Valkyrie grew on me though, now its my favorite. In a game where everyone is special snowflake being overly vanilla might be a good thing.

Well, I did it, I fucking bought this

Congratulations.
Now, assuming you don't kill yourself, post your tag.

Next up you must find a waifu to pick your side for the futurewar.

play Zenyatta and have fun or just have fun anyway, and accept Papa S76, Mom Mercy and Gremlin D.Va

Waifus are transitory, Cheesey Gobbo is forever.

Iowod#1571

Mei

in the beta I enjoyed playing Lucio and Zenyatta

Welcome to the thicc coalition.

good choice on waifu and characters to play

I didnt think this fucking game could get any more cancerous, but here we are
This shit is Yukkuri tier

You leave Korean Umaru alone!

leave Gremlin alone you fuckmuppet

what the fuck is that

i guess?

Mei nigger
I didn't like her much before I started playing, but she's fun if you enjoy being a piece of shit

Why is the yukkuri game mobile-based? Is it so fucking hard for WASD controls + a goddamn crouch button for the PC version?

OUTSIDER!

Because Japan is full of fucking casuals

is there a way to permanently hide posts that say overwatch or threads with that word in their OP

yes

No, youll have to manually hide this cancer each time a new one pops up.

There is, go on Holla Forums and look around, or learn javascript and write it yourself.

The influx of newfags due to summer is real.

then tell me how so i can stop being in this thread and diverting conversation from your shit tier 40 dollar TF2 clone

Jesus fuck, they dont even know how bad they are blowing their cover nowadays. Fucking autumn o'come.

go fuck yourself, autist.

Fuck you niggers are dumb.

spoonfeed me or i keep shitposting, blizzdrone

no.

Stop it with this meme.

then don't mind me while i keep bringing this thread closer to the bump limit without providing content and other people keep getting salty and responding to me

you must not go to other threads
you think you faggots actually keep your shitty shooting game to one thread? it's fucking all over the place, why do you think i inquired about specific posts BEFORE an OP?

"8. If you are deliberately shitting up or constantly derailing a certain thread, you may be banned and your posts may be deleted."

Do what you want.

yeah nigger i've porn dumped before
oh no 12 whole hours

Okay

I know. Feel free to do what you want. Keep forcing everyone else outside of this thread who doesn't care about Overwatch to have to filter a new thread.

Mei is a fat pig

How new are you?

or you could answer my simple question and i'll be on my way, bitchass

Why would I help you with an easy fix that you're too retarded to figure out when you're so salty about people posting about games you don't like on the video game board?

Top kek, lad.

She's not fat, people only draw her that way

maybe there should be a lo wang genji. but blizzard is too pussy whipped these days to have such a vulgar character.

Or you could lurk moar instead of expecting people to spoonfeed you?
You know, the most basic rule of any imageboard?

I shouldn't be allowed to have money
Why am I allowed to have money
The fuck is wrong with me

Good god.

You could have gone to a flea market and bought a treasure trove of retro games for that!

Hopefully you still have enough money to buy a gun and some bullets and end yourself.

What the hell even tempted you to make such a shit purchase anyway?

Next time Ill add a :^) so you can understand

Kill yourself chubby chaser

Trips

I think I might have a gambling problem

Back to reddit with you.

All right, I was just kind of joking before, but it seems you really ARE a newfag.

Level with us.

Do you play hearthstone.

and how many boosters did you buy in it?

Played HS for about 4 hours, then uninstalled, didnt buy anything.

What are you?
Some kind of normalfag?

I just got back from the bar with my coworkers after hitting on drunk sluts and talking about the newest Madden game.

I might have a problem.

bullshit

That's a classic. Been years since I've seen shittingdicknipples.

Well good.

You…you didn't buy TF2 crate keys though right?

Right?

I currently DO NOT have gold skins for
Bastion
Lucio
Mccree
Reaper
Soldier: 76
Symmetra
Tracer

I hate Lucio's skins, I absolutely NEVER play McCree. I have Tracer's "Posh" skin which I like better than her gold ones.

I guess I could buy Soldier or Reaper's skins.

How old do you feel now?

Well go on, start opening them and let us know if you manage to uncrate 0 legendary items so you can fully regret your purchase.

TF2 crates are what started my addiction

though I havent actually touched it in a year or so

Too old to be chatting up you autists.

Its too late user. Its time for carousel.

40 crates in, ive got 3 so far

Mysteryman Mcree - Good skin but I dont play Mcree
Sparrow Genji - Garbage human Genji, why would I not want to play as cyborg ninja
Ultraviolet Tracer - Absolutely Disgusting

Time to meet my skyqueen

i hope you uncrate a swarm of bees you idiot

There's a simple solution to your problem, at least so you don't do it again…
Think of how much vydia you can buy with the money before you spend it.
I mean, it's obvious you're not gonna compare it to basic supplies so compare it with vydia instead.
100$ is about 5 decent games.

What do you think of the other genji gold skin? On the one hand, curved swords (and even curved shuriken). And he's still a cyborg too. On the other, he's a fucking sandnigger.

(Checked)

I got that one and its not bad, arabian assassins can be cool, modern allahu ackbhar dont have shit on arabian nights.

Still dont touch genji for shit though.

make that 6 legends

Sharkbait Roadhog, Blackhardt and a second Ultraviolet Tracer

why

Default Genji is best

30 left
The opening animation is so slow It is a reminder of my sins

That animation -and the half frame of a legendary disc before they shoot up- is to build excitement to push you to buy more later goyi- i mean valued consumer.

I like the Chrome skin for Genji. Only cosmetic I've spent currency on.

just think, with trips like those you could have bought a loot crate bundle and had any skin you wanted!

I got Meis 'sorry, sorry sorry -sorry. sorry.' emote today, im fine sounding canadian as fuck for now.

And that's how I play her. The best metric I can use to quantify how well I do is usually eliminations. As long as I have gold, I usually do, in eliminations I know I've done my part for the team.

But when I have gold in damage as well with 6000 that's when I know the rest of the team aren't pulling their weight properly. Bastion, junkrat, Pharah etc. should have the most damage because they go after the tanks as well as crowd control. They do a lot of damage but don't necessarily have many eliminations. I go after Mercy and Zenyatta mostly then widowmaker or heavily injured heroes as a bonus in between. None of them has much HP and that's why I should have high eliminations but fairly low damage compared to the rest of the team.

She can but often don't. If my aim is on point I'll have her down to 20-30% HP before she knows what's happening. The most frustrating thing is when she flies up to Phara or D.va after I've dived in. Only solution then is to hit quickload and try again.

The trial is over.

Only 2 more legends
Another Duplicate, Blackhardt
Junker DVA

I got pic related in the last crate.

kek'd

Good goyim. The circle is complete.

I've got about 6-700 that I'm saving until they put out some decent skins for Tracer. Goddamn it sucks that we can't have custom sprays and player icons. Tracer is fun to play but having no unlocks worth anything is suffering.

Given its Blizzard AND we have seen ingame 'photos' of them you know they are going to really go after TF2 with a halloween update with spooku skins.

AND IF THERES A WOW HEADLESS HORSEMAN REINHARDT I SWEAR TO GOTT.

thanks user, I feel much better about myself now

i dunno about that. i've got a gtx 660 and an i5 intel cpu and i can barely run it at 30 fps, laptop resolution. my screen resolution is 1920x1080 but i run it in windowed mode 1280x720

half of the fucking legendary skins are halloween costumes as it is

>they switch to another high skill floor hero

Probably more than half, it's basically the premise. With a few exceptions (origins skins and similar styles) the skins are completely out-of-character.

why did you listen to them?

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW.

hehehehehe, not so tough now, ay old fags.

Because we were going to lose. If we're going to lose, I might as well show them something.

I'm done playing solo though. I thought for a while that maybe a slightly larger percent of the population wasn't ducking retarded, but I was wrong. I swear people are getting stupider by the minute

In the League of Legends community this is sometimes dubbed the "Best Jax in the Whole World" phenomena

blame the jews

FUCKING retarded, the word is fucking

fucking retarded as in buying 100 crates in OW is FUCKING RETARDED

also things get really fucking comfy when you mute text and sound, fuck randumbs, fuck em

fucking

I was just up against a genji so bad he missed me 4 consecutive times with his ult. I was Mercy, I did not shift to a teammate.

theyre not going to learn anything, if they were capable of learning they wouldnt be getting shut down by turrets.

yeah those pipes are never getting replaced. people need to start getting personal water filters, and i dont mean that brita crap.

Say you fags got any more Pharaoh art? Best looking bitch from this crap heap Saw one of her in a blue(?) bikini, and man she looked good, and like Korra

I enjoyed this game a great deal up to the last week. It feels like the community is either filled with MLG try hard who actually suck, and won't switch to a more appropriate hero, or jaded people like myself who end up having to fill to salvage the shifty team comp.
I seriously feel as if every team I play with, is underage while every team I play against is actually communicating.
I play pharah when I can, and with a mercy on me, can spawn camp pretty Damm hard. That said, I do one good play and the whole team starts focusing me. Even though I'm taking the attention of their entire team for minutes at a time, my teammates still aren't doing anything. I'm not trickling in. I wait for them to get there. I'm even killing turrets, snipers, and healers first. Somehow, for about 30 games in a fucking row, every fucking teammate I get is completely incompetent.
I think I'm done. This is becoming similar to LoL

I have more on my PC but our whole complex's power just went out

Wanna hear a kicker?

You spent $60 to feel the frustration whereas you can get said frustration for free from LoL/TF2/CS: GO, etc.

sounds like you hit the forced 50% win rate

Oh callouts are my thing though. Communication is essential

I got pretty pissed honestly at how Holla Forums kept sitting on this game with no explanation. I'm starting to understand it now. The game isn't bad, but the audience it pander to….

I actually had 70+% win rate before this started happening

with friends or a team (if you're a nerd) then yes i would agree but with shitheads whose age may as well be 12? nah fuck that. put on some music and kick ass by yourself, carry the team to victory and send a double middle finger farewell at the end during your play of the match.

Sure

Like in fightan right?

You need to find some people to play with m8. The couple of times I played with anons we won nearly every game.

Is this game worth 60 bucks?

Thank you user. Was looking for that middle pic

the matchmaking is what sucks, thats never what people are using as a valid criticism against it though
then you are in for a world of shit unless you make your own group. even then it will fill the rest with the dumbest people it can find but having 1 somewhat reliable teammate is better than 0. i used to have something obscenely high and it whipped me down to 53%

I'm the first person to suggest the user playing together mate. I'm Dont. I feel you, but there aren't enough of us

No. It's fun if you have a team. If you're gonna be playing solo, then no fucking way is it worth 60

Its fun and theres no power creep, you just git gud at heros you git gud at.

Mark caved, its ogre, get in or get stomped later user.

and pick a waifu.

No, there's a 40 dollar edition that you should get instead and even that's iffy.

Which one did soldier knock up to create D.va?

Symmetra is pretty silly to play sometimes.

pharas mom

for christs sake roadhog punch her

It's $40 unless you're getting it on consoles.

Has anyone even played with mark yet? Is he shit? That filthy NEET is never online for some reason.

holy shit that roadhog is terrible

Most of my highlights are pretty much "This one guy just doesn't do this one simple thing in order to counter me", no matter the character. It's actually kinda embarrassing how often people just let me do dumb things, and I've got lead fingers when it comes to reacting to things.

Reposting from last thread, because I at least throw punches.

im shocked the soldier behind you didnt throw a small moon at genji to reflect in to your face

he did throw helix, mccree dodged.

You could see the panic in him when he realized he was about to die

It's just as fun with Tracer

Winston stopped cowboying out on his own after that

>>>/reddit/
>>>/trash/
>>>/aids/

How's your casual game going? Is this where I go to get the hot reddit and tumblr memes?

Want to play with me?
Moonman#1258

No. The typical overwatch experience goes from
To
in about 2 to 4 days.

Main issue with the game is that it has absolutely no depth and very little to master. Everything is overengineered, there's nothing to exploit or refine. An ability does exactly the thing its supposed to do every single time. You don't feel like you're actually getting better at anything, except for maybe aim if you were previously shit at aiming in FPS games.

hi brazil

You want bad? Check out this Genji. At least he was on the other team this time

NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE, I VE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME COUNTLESS TIMES FIGHTING GENJI

Buddy im not here to ruin your fun, for all i care he can buy the collectors edition with almost 20% of the microtransactions in game already included

Welcome to 20 ticks server-side

That image is hilarious in how inaccurate the majority of it is.

That's written pre-release and get's most of it wrong.

I wish people in ranked would listen when I say dont go chasing for kills and stay close to the point
its so dumb a single death can wipe the whole team and you just feed the enemy ults

To be fair that shit is glitchy as all hell, there's tons of times you'll swing at someone, see the contact flash on them, but they'll take no damage. I remember getting a potg with me missing a lucio 3 times despite clearly being in range.

Seems like NOBODY knows how to fight tracer. She's basically an easy game if you go her.

yea easy except for every time I play her I blink off cliffs like an idiot
winston does really well vs her, hell anyone that can hit her acupple times then just finish with a melee attack

see

He really was just that awful. He couldn't even keep me on screen.

Why do you think I've been calling it SocialJusticeWatch for 3+ threads?

Speaking of which, what the fuck is it with the community and the forced lesbian shit involving Pharrah and Mercy? It's just as bad as Mei, Zarya, and Lol's Cait-Vi rubbish.

I wouldn't know. I don't pay attention to game communities.

You've come to the right place! I've posted a link to this thread on Reddit so we can have more Blizzard fans enjoying this amazing community we're cultivating!

I'd bet you anything if someone tried to pair Bastion and Zenyatta, sjws or most of the socialjusticewatch community would flip their shit (cu gays are yucky, and lesbians are hot).*

*Who wants to take a stab at pissing this game's community by shipping those two?

They are always pure, PURE fucking cancer user. Even the most obscure, highest quality vidya will have absolute filth if you go looking for its fanbase.

Look up Thief on Tumblr, one of the first images is Garret giving a Karras robot a footjob. Wish I was kidding.

the more I look at her the hotter Tracer gets
truly the best waifu

How do you fight tracer? I usually end up ignoring them since they blink in, spray and pray, then fuck off to bother someone else. I've only ever killed them because they ran into my splash damage.

Thats basically it.

It is a curse

You can only kill tracer when she gets stupid.

To some extent that's true for literally every character though. If you stay in spawn you never die, and some characters might even be able to ult from there once in a while (ie junkrat and hanzo).

Tracer needs to get close to targets to kill them. Make sure she never has a "safe" opening, fight her off when she commits, kill her when she overcommits. Also you can ambush her when she retreats if you are the right class.

Also for your other statement, there's also the pharmacy pun.

It is absolutely imperative that your healers know how to defend themselves against tracer, which basically means that they are aware of her coming and shoot the bitch themselves. You can help protect your healers, but if they won't try to protect themselves it will never be enough.

Ok yeah I see now, kek

Guess I'll stick to my strategy of hoping she runs into my explosions as long as I'm Pharah/cuckrat. Genjis are much more annoying than Tracer and far more common/easy to play.

yes get back to rank 55 one more game till 56

nope you lose again nope were gonna give you the same losers again. nope were gonna give another set of losers now.

The match making its suffering, wish they would scrap it

Why is the map on Fable 1 so fucking bad? I've genuinely no idea how to get to fucking anywhere I'm trying to go, I hate it so much. I can't complete any of the fucking quests because the bloody map system is so fucking convoluted

can someone help

Look up a map online then, nerd

Wrong thread friendo

ive been back and forth between 56 and 58 despite winning more games than losing

In the last thread, someone said the Russians are invading SocialJusticeWatch. Well, some of the Dota kiddies are also trying to get a piece of that pie, as they're acting like autistic faggots over the rank level (e.g. saying anything below 60 is trash even though 97% of the players with 6-8k+ mmr kinda suck dick, and rage quit when they get countered hard).

I started out at 55 which was what i was placed at with 6 wins 4 loss.
went down to 50 few days ago climb my way back to 55 then to 56 got hit with some more losses down to 53 currently.

I excel at mercy junk pharah rein.

if anyone wants to start up a 6 man let me know shikanaito#1995

Calderweiss again. Let's do it, nigga.

like see how close I was to 57 thats 3 wins worth of leveling
if I lose I'm gonna be down to even closer to 55 but if I win i'll most likely not go up to 58
shit is fucking odd and dumb

no it's not

i dont think that would help?

Wait Rank 57 is top 14%? Holy shit that's hilarious. I placed into 55 and have played my way up to 59 and while I can tell people at least have a general sense of how to play, it's still a toss up of if my teammates are going to just shit their pants.

like fucking clockwork, i love this game

seems that way
I won 7 lost 3 so yea id say most morons cant keep a 50/50 rating

this actually helped a lot thanks

Every fucking time.

Impressive

gotta give blizzard a bit of credit here
at least they didnt allow shit like this to happen

That nightmare called summer can't end soon enough.

what are you angry about goober?

I've never seen why you guys think it's SJWatch either.
Well games that appeal to an international crowd usually do. Street Fighter has always been like that. Was it Social Justice Fighter? Even now they only do the bare minimum just to avoid the banshees from screaming about their game.
It does have those, but it also presents the other side in a fair light as well. Y'know that pink haired dyke? She fucking despises the omnicons (robots) and openly shows prejudice towards them even in game. They even justify her hate with how omnicons killed her care givers.

The reasons people ship Pharah and Mercy are:
The ship is named "Pharmercy"
They're both the flying characters and pair incredibly well in game
Pharah is a tomboy and Mercy is a motherly type. This contrast makes for an interesting couple.
Also, you probably assume that Pharah is some kind of shit skin. Many of the people who ship them probably think she is too.

You gotta start a thread about this, possibly in a GG board as well, this is quite interesting.
There's a fair bit of drama and salt to mine here.

It's great that Blizzard is too jewish to allow trading items. Hearthstone players complain all the time about "no trading in a TCG" but seeing what happens when trading is added online, that's actually a blessing. It's the lesser jew, if you will.

However, here's something you gotta remember… In Steam, if you trade items for money, you don't actually win "money". You win credit with Steam. You can't withdraw that money at all or use it for anything other than buying crap on Steam. This does not concern Valve at all, people aren't actually trading money, they are trading "company coupons" to spend it in the "company store". Valve still gets the same amount of cash, possibly even more.

The other sites, those are actually a problem if people can actually win actual money with them. It's still utter retarded and honestly, I wouldn't even do a thing against them since it's hilarious to hear about how someone ruined his life spending 5000$ on gambling virtual pixels.
However, it really doesn't need anything other than a court hearing. Gambling for minors is illegal as fuck, as soon as a judge hears that, they are gonna lose a ton of cash and lose the biggest spenders in that site : dumb teenagers.

Also Symetera shits all over Lucio like the street she grew up on in their dialogues.

I don't think that's actually part of the lore, each country is still fairly independent. There's Omnics in pretty much every country since they were incredibly usefull for construction before and now every country is facing roughly the same dilemmas because of that. However they aren't handling it in the same way at all.

Russia still has Omnics literally walking around. You can see them in the skybox roaming the city. However, there's nothing similar in Kings Row and Tolbjorne even comments "I think Brits have their head straight. Omnic rights… Bah!" implying that Great Britain does not allow Omnics there at all.

Overwatch was just an organization to handle the situation but it's not a government or a branch of any government at all. They are closer to a band of mercenaries than the FBI, they had multiple bases around the world and weren't affiliated with any country in particular.

I'd like everyone to stop for a second and think what they are actually implying here.
The alternative is to have an entire cast with exactly the same character copy pasted 20 times, using the same guns and the same skills. And for those that care: with the same personality and background as well.

The giant mechs at volskaya industries aren't omnics. They're giant combat mechs that the ruskies built to combat the omnics. In current lore russia is fighting the second omnic crisis meaning that the machines and humans have segregated.

There is an active movement in Britain for omnic rights, the widow maker cgi trailer had her assassinate it's leader or one of it's leaders at a speech.

The NWO is also portrayed fairly negatively as being the ones who shut down overwatch to maintain their own power without having to worry about a well armed vigilante group.

Its gonna be interesting to see how blizzard blances this
If they are gonna balance it for high tier compedative play or just for the masses
Ive been watching some comps and mercy is just so damn strong but I also see if they nerf her she will be so usless with normalfags

i certainly wouldnt mind if people had to learn to play her. currently any moron can pick her up and turn the game around just by spamming her ult.

So, am i the only one who thinks that Turd burn is completely useless? In my opinion the team is best balanced with one engineer, one or even two healers and the rest is either tank or offensive. That leaves one spot for an engineer and Symmetra outclasses Torbjorne
in every conceivable way.

She has multiple turrets which can ruin the whole game of your enemy flankers like Tracer or Genji. Secondly her ult is an incredible powerful teleporter, which can cut the downtime of a fallen comrade immensely, while Torbjorne gets an easy avoidable screaming tantrum. Also multiple turrets mean, that she can defend multiple positions, while Torbjorne is stuck to one at a time.

I just don´t get how anyone can pick Tor over Symmetra.

That's actually quite interesting (and honestly, I don't know how I didn't noticed this before) since Volskaya Industries is where those Mechs are made. You can even see one in the final point being made behind the defenders.

According to the lore, this would actually make that factory a very important strategic location since it's the mechs built in that place that are able to drive the Siberian Omnics away. Capturing that place ensures no serious oposition to them, which likely benefits Talon in some way.

There seems to be some objective tied to the story in most maps. Dorado is about shutting down a power plant, King's Row is about killing the entire Omnic population in their small under city, Temple of Anubis has a laboratory there where AI is being investigated and I don't recall which map was it, but there's a Payload that's actually Doombringer's Gauntlet.

Really looking forward to what they do with the story.

Symetra's useless against Pharah and any Sniper. Torb is great against those.
She also gives you 1/3 of the health with her buff and no damage reduction.
She can't snipe with her gun and must expose herself to danger to use it efficiently.

Keep in mind that Torbs Turret at level 2 causes 56 DPS over a range of 40 meters, while Symetra's only do 25 each in a range of 10 meters. This means you need at least 3 sentrys clumped together to beat his damage and it only works in small confined spaces.

Symetra is amazing for closed tight spaces where range is never an issue for her gun or her turrets.
Torbjorn is great for large open areas, where his sentry can have a large field of view and he can snipe with his gun at will or flank people with the shotgun.

Completely different heroes for completely different situations and they actually pair very well together, you should try it. Symetra's Turrets are great to defend the sentry in close range, preventing Rein from just walking up to it and Torbs armor on Symetra make her Terror Incarnate when she rushes other people with her gun.

I need that Samus skin to be real

I hate to use this thread to talk about it at all, but I don't think Valve should be at all responsible for that sort of behavior, provided they aren't directly setting it up themselves.

It's the same deal as internet providers and net neutrality. They provide a service platform and it should NOT be up to them to police every little thing that goes on on that platform, any more than an ISP should be policing what you do online

If people are doing illegal things those people should be tried for it, NOT the company who owns the location they are doing it at, not unless they are complicit.

If you want to praise blizzard for not creating the opportunity, what you are basically saying is that because bad people can use it to do bad things than no one should be able to use it at all just to be safe.

honestly i dont care for either one of them, but id rather have torb 90% of the time. for a defensive hero symmetra is too vulnerable to being whittled down thanks to the long cooldown of her turrets. while they also need to be placed rather aggressively to be effective due to their lousy range. meanwhile torb potentially gets stronger over time due to armor collection, and his weapon isnt simply a test of how well the enemy can aim. but even then his turret is laughably easy to deal with.
if symmetra had a real weapon or some kind of mobility id have a different opinion of her.

Let's not be naive now. Valve directly profits from this since their virtual goods become merchandise you gotta adquire to be a part of this scheme.
Every item you see being waged was pure 2,5$ profit for Valve, it's a goldsink as it were that goes all over to them and it's in their interest to enable and foster these kind of sites.

The service they provide is being used by those sites to generate them profit and it could be easily blocked by them so the site couldn't get their inventory or they could block trades started by that site and ban accounts used as mules for those sites. This would let trade still be a system (and even accessed by external sites) but not one that could be exploited like this.

And I'm still very much against trading of any sort and form anyway since it always detracts from the game. Any benefit you think there is turns out to be a problem in the long run.

See any RPG where you can trade weapons or gear between characters that result in less chalenge and playtime for the second character. Why do you think level and stat requirements exist? They could just make the gear only drop in high level areas or from tougher enemies.

I don't play Hearthstone but I can easily see how some people would just trade cards all day long to get a perfect deck instead of playing the game and winning those cards. Or how those "Daily Quest" benefits to keep coming back would be abused by a single guy having multiple accounts polling all the rewards into a single serious account.

From my time playing TF2, I never traded nor did I need to do it. I kept one of every gun to the point where I have the entire arsenal any player can wield, giving me all the gameplay options I could possibly want. All the extras were melted for scrap and eventually turned into Hats.
I never had the need to to trade for new weapons since I had all of them and newer players don't need trade. They are too new for sidegrades and by the time they aren't as bad, they'll have an arsenal as well.

The only thing I'd missing was entirely just cosmetic variants of weapons or stat-tracking ones. However, as they have no effect over regular gameplay, not only did I ever not feel any compulsion to get them, I never understood the point of trading them. You have a shop were you can simply buy them and that's that. Trading never had any benefit associated with it unless you did not wanted to spend money for cosmetics, which undermines the concept of cosmetics to begin with.

Oh my naive Genji… My record stands at 48 eliminations. In a single game.

I still prefer Torbjorne but I play her the most since the teleporter is amazing and trap-spider playstyle is so comfy.
I often pair with a friend that goes Roadhog in the Temple of Anubis. First chokepoint, I sit on one of the side buildings while he takes the other. Anyone standing there either gets pulled for pigtime, or dashes for the most sarcastic cover ever. The result is that after a while they actually prefer to push the front instead of flanking.

You might be able to form an argument that they were complicit in some way, following the money. That they tacitly allowed it to continue because it brought in more money for them. It's very shaky legal ground but it's not entirely wrong to persue that.

The idea that any company should be responsible for the nature of every transaction taking place over their venue is ludacris though. You can argue that they knew and chose to do nothing, even just notify the proper authorities, but one shouldn't expect them to lift a finger to track down, stop, or prevent any sort of activities going on behind their backs.

As far as trading itself, completely separate from the issue of illegal gambling, I'd rather just leave that subject alone for now. It really depends on the nature of the game, the items, and the community.

Correct me if I'm wrong since I never took part in anything similar to this but…
Do those sites perform automatic trades with your inventory? Or are they automated accounts with whom you trade your inventory and once all trades are done, the betting starts?

Because automatic trades could be stopped easily by Valve and those accounts could be banned and their entire inventory returned to it's owners.
If Valve still chooses not to do anything about it, well… I guess they want a share of the pie as well.
Note that it doesn't take policing every account ever for trading in those sites, merely finding out the account used by that site is enough as well as a change in their EULA (if it's not there already) mentioning these kind of things.

This is by far the biggest point, but since we are talking about online communities, the only thing I'll say is "Come on man, were you expecting something good to happen?"

well, 48 eliminations is massive, but its anecdotal. id say thats one of the best areas for symmetra but even then shes vulnerable to her usual counters. isnt it more to do with that position and the enemies ineptitude?

24 of those eliminations where Sentry Kills. It's about using them to slow your target, increase damage output and make them lose concentration with the loud "BZZZZZT" over them.
Plus my premade team keeping pressure on them does help quite a lot.

However, it's mostly the same for pretty much all other heroes. Picking your engagements carefully, avoiding or playing around your counters and exploiting enemy mistakes as well as supporting and being supported by your team is very important.
A Reaper or Tracer would only get such a kill streak minding the same things.

Most heroes are fairly easy to do well with once you figure out how they actually play and some are easier to figure out than others. Genji or Reaper players could theoritically be the biggest threat in a whole team but you'll rarely find one that actually understands the hero and will be dead weight the whole match.

The biggest skill ceiling heroes actually play very easily, you just have to figure how they can actually be effective.

Heroes never die!
FOR A PRICE

do people really get startled by the turrets when theyre expecting it? when theyve already died in that room 10 times?
thats why i mentioned positioning, symmetra on her own will not hold anything for long. but a team keeping their eyes on that entrance will make most attempts at clearing the room out beyond dangerous. even the most braindead team is all but forced to pay attention to that one tiny area.
even the window on volskaya and hanamura are too much for some people to shoot at every once in a while, and those are more vulnerable to grenades and rockets as well.
i dont think theres a single better position for symmetra in the game.

It's a very loud BZZZT. The sound probably does more damage to their ears than the turrets to their heroes.

This is actually a point I don't very much understand. I often will cover a side route with her turrets and when people notice my crib, they'll spend over half the match trying to get me out. I know I ain't paying rent, but I'm not even near the point, why are you going after the squalor?

Take Gibraltar for instance, with that small house right after the initial spawn. I usually fill it with turrets to defend a Torb turret and cover the top side with 2.
You don't need to come inside! The Payload is out there! You can pass by and be on your way, I don't even have a Teleporter unless you foolisly think you can survive The Microwave!
Just go around and you'll have an easy 6v5, "why do you struggle?"

i saw a video where 2 symmetras would set up on the same place on gibraltr. their enemies would just walk in there to die for no god damn reason.
just for the sake of being bull headed i guess.
on egypt that makes sense, you all but need that side path to scatter the defenders but on gibraltr theres no reason to play her game.
i remember a video where these 2 jackasses were playing symmetra and putting all 12 turrets in one room. even they thought it was stupid how the enemy didnt just ignore them.
thats why i wish she had a real weapon, to actually force the enemy in to these stupid side areas but apparently she doesnt need that, people see symmetra and just wanna tackle her to the ground and molest her.

this or just care less. i don't feel like playing support so i don't pick support. usually someone else ends up picking support when they see it's just not working out anyway. if no one picks it, we lose but i still do some damage cause i'm not trash and i just don't care that much. if i pick support but notice that my teammates are selfish shitheads who don't really give a shit while genjis and tracers run around, slowly killing me while those retards just ignore it, i repick. i don't suffer for the rest of the game just to try hard and lose cause of teammates' incompetence. basically, i adjust how well i'll play depending on our team. i don't really try too hard when i'm playing with complete retards (unless if the opposing team is made up of same retards but in that case i don't really have to try anyway since i'm just better by default). that way you can still have some fun. you can also try learning some new heroes in matches that you can tell are lost from the first checkpoint.

why would you spend 60 when you can spend 40 for literally the same thing? you'll be giving up like 5 skins which are all trash anyway/have better dropable variants

totally agree. theyll whine about it but if they think team comp is so important then they should learn how to benefit their team with the hero they picked.
not every character is equally equipped to fight against such odds, its probably a big reason why im so biased against symmetra.

Why do defense heroes gain ult meter so fast
Why does torbjorn's turret build meter for him
Why does torbjorn's turret health maxes back out after molten core wears off
Why is symmetra a support and not a defense hero
Why is D.Va's kill potential better outside the Mech

So many questions I have, so little answers

i remember reading that dvas mech used to have stronger guns but they nerfed her head off. i can kind of see why. with her mobility and fatness shed just shit on isolated targets.
i think they overdid it though, or they nerfed the wrong thing

Why die people die by running into the bombs Junkrat drops on death?
Why do we hate the kikes?

The problem is that she might be super mobile, but when shooting she's about as mobile as a sentry bastion, with norte even remotely the damage of one.
So unless you play her as an assassin who rushes in and kills a squishy with a charge/meele/point blank fire, you're not doing much.
And at that point you can just play reaper.

Torb's turret is shit though. His primary builds meter much faster than his turret can.

Because it can be killed easily on pc probably.

I've seen a few people get 25+ elims with the gremlin before, but I cant figure out how to play her that well. She has an attackers mobility but does worse damage than any of the support classes.

oh i know all about her suffering. ive played the hell out of her, and ive played against dvas clearly far more skilled than i who deserved to defeat me, but never stood a chance.

eliminations just means you hit someone that died soon enough afterwards.

Wich is something rapid-fire marshmellow shotguns with no reload can actually get done.

i cant find a particularly 4th of july themed soldier 76 pic for the OP

RIP

Those aren't omnics user, those are straight up russian gundams. They're built to fight omnics and are human piloted

fresh baked bread

Hitbox bullshit