Fighting Games: Peter Edition

Street Fighter V's story mode, along with Balrog and Ibuki, have been released. dataminers have also found playable versions of Juri and Urien.

The South America Team trailer for KOF XIV has dropped, the Mexico team trailer is expected to be coming this thursday.

Tekken 7 is confirmed to be getting a PC port.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

Board:
/fighters/index.html

Koihime Enbu!!!♥:
infinityfgc.challonge.com/18u8omut

Garou: Mark of the Wolves:
infinityfgc.challonge.com/rcgsn2qu

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/arcade/567052-vampire-savior-2-the-lord-of-vampire/faqs/25007
gamefaqs.com/ps3/722788-ultra-street-fighter-iv/faqs/69921
madcatz.com/files/PS4_PS3_TE2TemplateRGB.zip
ultra-combo.com/killer-instinct-character-survey/
youtube.com/watch?v=_o2rSLQeSrE
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8296923&t=11497627
dolphin-emu.org/
challonge.com/cvs2eonetplayfightingtournament
reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4rb8db/urien_100_for_training_mode/
twitter.com/gllty/status/750425679028629504
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

KoF update schedule.

Will Tekken 7 have crossplatform multiplayer?

Old one.
I barely play anymore.

The wait for KoF XIV is killing me.

We need more female Bison

I'm I the only one who thinks that Story Mode wasn't worth it?

Good things

I think it would have been better to have individual story modes for each character, like the character stories, but with the same presentation of the story mode so each character can be properly fleshed out

No you aren't. An "Epic Cenimatic" story is not something a fighting game needs, fighting game stories suck.

I wonder if they could have allocated those resources for a dramatic battle.

I just hope that in the end we get to play as the dolls, Gil, sean, abel, and peter the cop and get all the stages from story mode.

You would think that alex being from new york would confuse dhalsim for a taxi driver and not a mugger.

Has there ever been a good story in a fighting game?

Art of Fighting 1 and 2 were basically nice cheesy 80's action movies.

Meh. I have a feeling they'll do more stories with coming seasons.

Pre-Overture Guilty Gear.
Fatal Fury with its amazing transition into Garou.

Haha you paid for SCV

MIAN IS CUTE!

I liked MK9's story mode, but only because they actually had material to work off of with the character plot lines from MK1, 2, and 3. The characters have enough room to be fleshed out while still working within three overarching stories.

I didn't like Injustice as much only because Superman losing it should have been fleshed out more and not just reserved to a tie in comic. Plus, the presentation was really shoddy and unpolished, with the graphics and models looking very lifeless, especially on larger action scenes. But it still told a cohesive story.

I didn't like MKX's story only because I really hated the four protagonists and I hated how Scorpion fucked up everything because he couldn't wait 3 minutes.

But overall, fighting game stories are always shit because you have to make some sort of comprehensive cohesive story line involving all of these wacky characters from different backgrounds. The more attention to detail you have on a character's humanization, the more apparent it becomes that they're just strange people who don't really belong anywhere.

I'm hoping, but I highly doubt it. Nor would I really want them to go through the effort when they can just retool the individual story modes to be more robust and not have shit artwork.

Necalli shatters my shitter on "extra" story mode in the bison fight
Yes, I am that bad. How the fuck do I get more than the occasional jab to land?

Shit was kinda disappointing for the most part. Haughty snoot-off between Karin and that one doll was wonderful, though.
Does "Extra" mode yield another chunk of fightan munnies?

I'm kinda disappointed that Mian shows off her face, I would have preferred if they left it a mystery.

Yes. Normal will net you 30,000 and Extra will net you 50,000.

Yes. Around 50k.

Her bio says that she is super shy and timid, couple that with Silvye and the edgelord and you have the best team.

Oh yeah, does anyone know how to change story mode language?

Just keep enjoying the ride, user. A trailer per week is a really comfy hype train.

Of course!

Story Mode was terrible and not "Street Fighter - The Movie terrible". It was "Street Fighter - The Legend of Chun-li terrible".
F.A.G. was the only thing I liked about it because he's so ludicrously hammy, everyone else seemed like wooden dolls whenever he was on screen.

I loved the story in the first Soulcalibur. Every character had very detailed back stories (there was a exposition on the cult that created Astaroth) and a lot of them were tied to historical figures,like Yoshimitsu the First losing his arm fighting Oda Nobunaga.
Darkstalkers and Street Fighter have interesting stories but you need the JP exclusive lore guides for that. Translators fuck everything up and now Capcom of America is letting Udon foist their fanfics as if it were canon.

I'll tell you why that is. The only way such goofy characters can really stand out in animation to have really over the top animation. That's why Zangief and FANG worked. Because they're both loud and over the top.

It's the same reason Power Rangers worked. They had really over the top exaggerated hand movements whenever they were in costumes and normal ones when they were normal people. This was also because they were dubbed since they were all wearing helmets, but still.

I didn't think it was Legend of Chun-Li terrible. I think it was slightly worse than Street Fighter - The Movie terrible. Because it didn't take itself as seriously as Legend of Chun-Li, and it was pretty goddamned hammy. And while hammy might be nice for a goofy action movie, it's hard to accept it in a 4 hour story presentation with dramatic moments.

Would you happen to know where I can read those lore guides? Or are they not translated?

Google udon comics.

I should add I watched it on YT and couldn't find a JP audio playthrough. If I did, I'd say Bison was good too because Norio Wakamoto is always fun to listen to. And F.A.N.G. would have been even better since Chiba Shigeru is another favorite of mine.
I felt the story was honestly more stupid than hammy. Some characters just wondered about like headless chickens while others were given too much importance. Rashid is the obvious case but also expected given how hard Capcom shilled him (guess they were afraid their office would get Charlie Hebdo'd if they didn't make the Arab save the world) but it applies to Karin as well.
There's a certain amount of silliness I'm willing to accept but I confess "hackers can do everything!" is one of those things that's starting to get on my nerves.
Also a bit disappointed that Urien was just there to be a cunt.

Honestly, vid related is IMHO the best thing about Street Fighter V.

Not the most comfortable of reading formats.
gamefaqs.com/arcade/567052-vampire-savior-2-the-lord-of-vampire/faqs/25007

gamefaqs.com/ps3/722788-ultra-street-fighter-iv/faqs/69921

That's if they made any Allah jokes. If Rashid did jack shit…nobody would have cared.

mfw

No, there were so many plot holes it made it difficult to follow. Most of the things they did build up in the character prologues amounted to nothing and what did amount to anything important was lack-luster and poorly explained.

Playing Juri was the only thing that made it worth it, imo.

Agreed

Presenting shit shaped up like Juri would be enough to get four grands from each of you.

That reminds me.
Isn't that black "bodysuit" texture just censorship?

If it existed, I'd have it.

I'd love to see someone try to play as Peter in EVO (provided they use the PC version during EVO, but they'll most likely use the PS4 version).

Posting

You're definitely not the only one. I wasn't expecting GG levels of epic cenimatic story, but I was kinda hoping there would be more to it, considering this is the game wrapping things up for characters that disappeared from SFAlpha/2/4/games and moving on to where 3 starts.

Nice gets there F.A.N.G.

I consider it a redesign, since no outrage happened with Juri, and it makes her fucking so hot in skin tight latex anyways.

Same fam

They're definitely gonna use the PS4 version, but I'd like to see if someone discovers a glitch in the PS4 version that makes story mode characters playable.

Mika/Cammy are confirmed to be censorship but for Juri, a argument can be made that her design was still not finalized. I'm almost certain that if Capcom are ever pressed on the matter, that's how they'll answer.

It wasn't like the Mika Meltdown but there's been a lot of chimping out over Juri's alleged censorship.

Polite sage.

No I mean SJWs raged about the butt slap, as opposed to Juri. No one complained and they changed it anyways. Just feels more like someone thought, "She'd look hotter in latex."

what happened to her eye?

Play her character story and find out :^)
Im assuming Bison took the old FSE and the Illuminati gave her a new one, in her movelist its called Feng Shui Engine Alpha. However its still kind of vague.

experiments I believe.

can't because I don't own the game
does she still have Kaisen Dankairaku?

Nip devs have been preemptively censoring to prevent SJW bullshit from even starting as it happened with Squenix and Star Ocean 5.
It's possible that Capcom realized people were going to bitch and moan about Juri if the outfit had cleavage and hit color fill on her body.
Unlike Mika/Cammy, they didn't say anything and it could very well be a perfectly honest design decision not driven by a necessity to please people who aren't going to buy the game anyway.

Both options are very possible. Either way, my dick does not care, and this is the deciding factor.

If anyone cares, Capcom vs. SNK 2 works fine in Dolphin 5.0's netplay.

She does a similar move as her V-Reversal but otherwise, no.

That depends. Do you think any graphic designer in his right mind would look at these two designs and choose the latex one? We also saw an illustration of her in Cammy's story when SF5 launched which was VERY similar except the plunging neckline showed her cleavage. It seems odd to me they would have an illustration like that and keep every detail for her character model except the one most likely to piss off feminists and the SocJus crowd.

Latex is hot, don't get me wrong, but it completely fucks with her colour palette. I feel suffocated looking at the design on the right, since it implies she's wearing a skintight latex bodysuit underneath a skintight leather motorcycle suit.

It probably is censorship considering the previous story mode alterations and the fact they messed with Mika and Cammy in the first place. Either way the game is unfinished shit.

It's fucking badass she rode from Brazil to England on a motorbike

Fucck how do you guys handle losing streaks. Kind of a De motivator at best.

it looks like they changed her skin texture and didn't even model a new shirt in to me, that fucking neck line between her and the shirt, you can say it's skin tight all you want but holy fucking shit they don't replace your skin

That sounds fantastic. How is TvC's netplay? I wonder if my shitty internet could handle this.

She looks like my english teacher

Same, I was disappointed Nash just weakens Bison and Ryu just gets to show up and deal the killing blow
Also, was that really M Bison's final death? Reminded me of Voldemort's death in the last Harry Potter film-very graceful

Never tried it

Bodysuit over bodysuit is the new beltanzipper.

Her CA should have been getting on her bike, dart off to a stage on the other end of the world and wait out the timer.

Of course not. Bipson will come back in Ed's body.
Street Fighter VI will bridge the gap between Street Fighter V and Street Fighter III. Possibly. Likely. Maybe.

While i agree it feels like censorship, it doesnt exactly look bad so Im pretty indifferent.

kek

That face

Well shit, she looks worse overall from sf4. That critical art is fucking nothing.

It either is or isn't user. Feelings don't enter into it.

At this point in the series, this is Bison's third death. He'll probably come back.

Also, realize that you're gonna have bad days.

Take a break, rest, remove your mind from tilt mode. Go back to playing later, you'll get those points back.

Sako playing Ibuki

I don't mind, just feel left out. I wouldn't enjoy SF anyway but maybe a little…idk.

Jesus, Ibuki and Urien have two of the coolest fucking CA animations ever. Why'd Juri have to be left out?

At least Bison said "Delicous". Not in the same way as the cartoon but I feel somone wanted to get that in there.

This was a pretty bad story mode. It becomes a disjointed story of passing the chess pieces to prevent destruction but in the end that becomes a moot point. The characters that you want to play don't get enough screen time or turned to jobber class. Even after all this time, the AI is still a brainless punching bag. You don't get of a fight when everything ends in one round. I liked that you got to fight the dolls. Even that joke match against that Brazilian Commissioner Gordan. I hope someone is ripping those new models for purposes.

What are you playing on? I have a 360 and we can play DOA or whatever else.

lame

True, but it depends on if they make another in-between game or go with a game taking place after 3, but I'm conflicted about the situation. On one hand, I would like to see them try to make a SF game taking place after 3 for once, but on the other, in this day and age where everyone has a specific main, having characters not even be playable or be acknowledged in a sequel would piss off a lot of players (though this can apply to almost any fighting game series honestly).

Though given SF story, I'm sure they'd find some bullshit way of bringing dictator back should they go with the after SF3 sequel.

That one surprised me as well, considering how Juri had one of the coolest ultras in 4. Then again, a lot of previous characters got different supers/CAs from their previous versions. Still, her combos are really good in 5, so I'm not all that annoyed about it.

She seems unfinished and I'm guessing they'll be some changes down the road.

I have no idea what is the point of her V-skill.

It could also be what said and she's just not finished. I'm really hoping we get something better than this.

Aside from that, I fucking love all the changes they've made. Her fireball game is essentially gone, but what they replaced it with is pretty damn fun.

PS3, it isn't too bad since I have friends who play fighting games unfortunately none of them like 3D ones too much outside of SC2 and all I play is Tekken, DOA and GG but thankfully everyone likes that.

Sucks. 360 is a fucking ghost town for fighters except USF4 and sometimes SCV. VF5FS is only populated by JP NEETs, which I wouldn't mind too much if I didn't suck ass in VF.

Her V-skill is one of my favorite new things actually, you can set up some tricky mixups after a knockdown with it.

How do you feel about her having only three specials? Feels kind of limited imo.

Personally I'm okay with it just because all her other tools could allow for some insane mind games.

here
Like said, I'm okay with it just because of how strong her mixup game will be.

As far as her V-skill goes, the only thing I'd like for it is fireball invincibility. That'd give it a distinct purpose outside of some mixup potential.

For what fucking purpose?

he's a dumb autist, gonna ask him on the modding forum for a not raped version.

if her V-Skill had fireball invincibility, that would be insanely cruel.

Thanks. Would gladly download that version in a heartbeat. I hate the skin patches on the legs

I take back what I said, apparently he's working on a couple variants of the costume. He couldn't find the textures for the eyepatch so instead of cobbling it together borrowing textures from her suit he opted to just remove it until he can figure it out.

Well damn, that actually makes sense. Seriously, he needs to put latex back on the legs at least.

Yeah, I could see them not making it knockdown if they gave it fireball invincibility. But as is now I like it just for a quick way out of the corner.

fishnets a best

How do Ibuki mains feels about her this time?

Capcom removing specials is a bit shitty but I have a feeling that they might more of them in time. Kind of like with adding more ultras in 4.

You mean with the v-skill canceling? It feels kind of obvious to me.

Just never been the biggest fishnet fan.

Sweaters/jackets are my #1 fetish. Zipperless hoodies man…

Eh, the original concept is best.

You can set up a tricky cross-up off of a hard knockdown. You cancel it for a mixup, and it can be used to get yourself out of the corner. It has uses now and I like it, but I would like to see it maybe change with V-trigger

might add more*

They banned the one stage that doesn't have frame drops what the fuck?

I don't think Street Fighter is ready for Birdie counterpicking to Kanzuki Beach.

Kind of a shame, this stage is so fucking fun.

Welp, I'm fucked.

Are the frame drops noticeable? Haven't seen any on the pc version. Load times, however…

At least Bengus didn't make any stills for it

Nice work Capcom 10/10.

The groundwork for a MK quality story was there but it was ruined by… plain awful writing.

It's really fucking bad sometimes man.

Like the other user said in the last thread, she might as well be Sarai if they're going to change her so much. I don't like the setup orientation she got in SSFIV and Capcom just continued with this mentality. I rather play her on 3rdStrike.

Mr.Wizard is just retarded. People give EVO too much attention. The different communities should try to have their own "CapcomCup" instead of relying on being picket for year's EVO. It's not like the person playing Tekken7 will be playing MKXL, UMvC3, Pokkén or Smash.

wew

It's the new Capcom way. Remove specials because I don't fucken know leave me alone.

Does extreme give more fight monies?
I've only done hard.

20,000FM
Gives 40,000 character experience which if at level 1, levels them up to 22, which in turn gives 22,000, so it's 42,000FM per character that you haven't done anything with. It's still massive even if you do stuff with them.

Any images of the bikini DLC yet?

I've seen Karin and Cammy so far.

I don't think Cammy bikini is out yet in the game.

Also, I posted this in a separate thread, should have posted it here though. I bought pic related and made some designs, feel free to bully them or suggest new ones. Button template here: madcatz.com/files/PS4_PS3_TE2TemplateRGB.zip

Moving images.

Thanks m8

They all look like you just pasted a big picture behind a template.

Not to toot my own horn but I've spent a long time working on these two, the first when I was interested in SkullGirls still, and the second when I was thinking of maining Mika before I fell in love with Guile and Balrog.

Now I have no idea what to make for stickart because I've decided to go with a Green/Purple theme as those are the button colors I bought.

I mostly did do that with the exception of the futurama one which I mashed together a bit. Aso oh lawd I accidentally posted the band joke one instead of my currently favorite pick. Pic related.

That one looks pretty nice.

Fuck

Probably the wrong site to say this but not all mudslimes are the alloha snackbar types.

Also nice dub/trips.

Oh shit, I got the royal flush there.

You're right. You shouldnt dislike him because he's muslim, you should dislike him because he's a shitskin.

the iraqi who posts in /k/ is pretty cool

I prefer 2 characters but I think 3 is can be better if you spam assists for combos. Nobody uses 1 character as far as I'm aware. Check out the SRK wiki for some tips about SG characters.

ultra-combo.com/killer-instinct-character-survey/

tell em what you want I guess

please tell me this image exists without ibuki obstructing it

personally, I want to see them do a story about Akuma becoming Oni, and it ending with him reverting back to Akuma, if only to have Oni in street fighter V. Is that a bad thing?

I was going to main Rashid if the game wasn't garbage, and he wasn't awful.

topkek

Are they trying to push people away from KI? Why do I want a weak version of Cinder?

The character list gets worse, as you go through the survey.

2nd list.

looking at these polls makes me wonder, what are some good guest characters in fighting games. Crossovers like marvel vs. capcom or capcom vs snk don't count.

OK Eyedol needs to be in over most of that list. Jonnah Dark is semi fine.

Wait. Isn't Eagle just Fulgore?

It's probably just that they have no time to make the character and those are the actual choices they've narrowed it down to that they can do in time.

For feature requesting I just asked to give Glacius a M1911.

I thought Eagle was Thunder's dead brother?

I bet you he is, but Keits or whoever hates him will probably throw some faggot like a Halo character to piss people off.

I'd be okay with Joanna, but I want some original characters and Eyedol.

A good guest character has to fit with the series, and not look like a shill/commercial plug in (Starkiller in SC4 when they were making that shitty Force Unleashed game). Ezio was pretty good in SCV (he made the most sense), but all of the guest characters from 4 were retarded.

Most of those character ideas suck though.

I told them to make better accessories and customization features, or drop them for better colors (seriously, the customization feature sucks).

he is ready

bring him to your local local

Skedar warrior over Joanna Dark. Joanna reminds me too much of Orchid.

Rashid is probably a Sikh anyways.

LOL

Has anyone seen Ibuki's swimwear yet?

Laura without the soccer jersey

Why is Mika wearing a tracksuit top over her swimsuit? Bleh.

It was cool to see Freddy in Mortal Kombat 9, but in X they went overboard with movie characters

Street Fighter is a shit series dedicated to pandering to the lowest common denominator while giving the false impression of complexity by forcing anyone who wants to do something as simple as c.MK > c.HK to look up frame data. Its neutral consists of an eternity of fireballs and/or c.MK, the mobility options are practically nonexistent, and any fighting game that touts links might as well just shoot itself in the mouth, because it's clearly too stupid to live.

To this day, Capcom has not made a fighting game better than KoF 98. The fact that SF2 became more popular in the first world is proof that justice is a human fantasy. KoF 98 alone blows every Street Fighter out of the water on every possibly front. Capcom should have left the business twenty years ago when they realized how much catching up to do.

Six button fighters need to fucking die. They're a cancer on the industry.

Thanks for the blog update, we care deeply

So i just bought SFV over the summer sale, and the last 2 times i tried to play it, after about 5-10 minutes running it just closes
Anyone else having this issue? Is it my rig?

You are aware that a lot of the SF2 people left Capcom to form SNK? That means you are condemning & praising the same people simultaneously. Hahah

Found it

Oh fuck off, Capcom. Let me use the Fight money I cheated for.

That's some PREMIUM waist-hip ratio.

The day we see any Western fighting game developer making such an ode to femininity, frogs will grow hair.

What is skullgirls?

Oh I see what you did there

JURI: Nice dress… now take it off.

Are there any GC/Wii fighting games worth emulating other than SC2 and TvC?

why is charlie trying to look like a shitty version of Maxima

Capcom vs. SNK 2 if you don't need roll cancelling

So the steam sale is almost over. Should I grab Melty Blood before it ends? or should I wait for it to get cheaper since the online is shit and/or online is dead?

Is there any other video of someone being a whiny little bitch?

Hard Mode: Not LTG or DSP

What would be a good start for a guy who never played any fighting game?

Also is there no way to play KI on W7? I've been listening to its music and it's fucking amazing, characters look interesting too. I want to play it but there's no way I'll install W10

Fightcade since it's free. I would recommend KOF98 and Super Turbo.

No. Windows10™ only.
I'm on the same boat with Windows7 and even there, my PC is having problems with games recently. Only played once the XboxOne version on a friend's house. It looked fun but didn't get much into to form an opinion

God damn those thigh cut-outs looks really looks silly.

Agreed. We need a mod that keeps the latex on the legs, gives us the cleavage and doesn't get rid of the fucking best rendition of the eyepatch yet jesus christ

Holy shit that damage output is as devastating as making one mistake against Sin in Xrd. Know well enough not to use Juri's CA raw against a Urien player.

He not wrong but he should suck it up, not like a balanced fighter exists to compare SFV to.

I haven't played the steam release of melty blood, but I heard the netcode is shit, even 2 and a half months after the pc version launched.

If you want to give French Bread some of your money, sure. But the netcode still isn't fixed to be decent rollback code. Playable, just not great. I mostly play locally, so I bought it release day, but if you're in it for the online, I'd wait until they finally fix their netcode.

When's Dizzy

guys, is there any way to get sf alpha 3 arcade perfect on ps3? I've got it for my psp but i hate the controller….

is there any way to essentially run it through my ps3 so i can use my fight stick?

Don't think so but SFA Anthology for the PS2 is really good. All three Alpha games plus Pocket Fighter and you're given access to every dip switch setting so you can play through every build of the games.
It's definitely a release from that mythical time when Capcom "still cared".

Peter is the man, the myth and the legend but anyone got the Dolls up and running yet?
I used to pick Juli a lot in A3 so her appearance was a bit of a cruel tease.

Anyone else think Urien has the best winpose in the game? Yeah, I like Juri's, obviously, but Urien's is fucking killer.

There's also Hyper Street Fighrer Alpha, which is like hyper street fighter 2 and vampire chronicle, only you can pick between the alpha 1, alpha 2, alpha 2 gold, and alpha 3 versions of the characters.

two shitty waifus in one, what a deal!

Yup. Some of the characters even have new moves or stuff from the vs Marvel games.
You really get bang for your buck with that and Vampire Collection (sadly JP only).

Meanwhile, Darkstalkers Resurrection doesn't have Huitzil, Pyron and Donovan in Savior because "muh arcade fidelity". Forget the fact Huitzil and Donovan are insanely fun in that game. Cunts.

Fucking dammit

No need to be rude

Are you talking about how he kills Quan Chi?
I mean, he was in fact 3 minutes too late for that one. If he did that before the spell, thou would have stopped both him, ladybug and old angry loser god.

lel, reminded me of this scene

Tom has a long history of complaining about Sub-Zero's problems, but to be honest he's always been more angry about it than whiny. The NRS community is full of pathetic whiners, but PerfectLegend sits at the top as the biggest bitch.

Killer Instinct 2013 was done by PC bros who disliked the original Killer Instinct games' style.

I'm still waiting for the day the original Rare guys make a true successor to Killer Instinct and declare this Microsoft Smash Bros to be non-canon.

He'll become more popular than the actual roster. I'm calling it.

All I remember is that when KI 2013 was first coming out, two nignogs were shilling the game at I want to say EVO 2013, and were booed as soon as they brought up the Xbone. Does anyone have that video or a webm of that moment?

Yeah, I remember that moment and found a video of it. I remember the booing being a bit louder though.

He has the best winpose, super, best range.

If they don't nerf him, I'm switching, nigga.

Any more news about Zarina? News if she and Mian will be playable before launch?

That's Nick Gordon right? He was in charge of the music and left. Maybe we can have KI2 Orchid now or modded in since it's probably the first thing as soon as the first W7 crack shows up.

Are TGS or any other events happening before launch?

Anyone tried setting up aegis while the opponent is hard knocked down in the corner then opening them up with low short or overhead then launcher and combo with sfv Urien?

Probably.

To be fair, there were reasons why those three didn't show up if you knew the original story from Japanese sites:

-Pyron was supposed to be consumed by Demitri in the original story until Capcom and Udon ruined the story like they ruined SF's with so many retarded ideas (They replaced Demitri with Morrigan because she was the most popular character).

-Donovan either became a Darkstalker after helping Anita, or isolated himself to find his inner peace. There was a version of him where he embraced his Darkstalker side as "Dee," but he was a shitty Mugen-like character in the game (Demitri's body with Donovan's head, sporting Donovan's moves…I'm not kidding).

-Huitzil was shut down after Pyron was destroyed, or it might have been destroyed, since there are thousands of them.

I don't know what was Capcom thinking with VH2 and VS2 because they could have made one game with those three as non-story characters (they're there just for fans who liked them like Kliff and Justice in GGXX). VH2 and VS2 sucked.

And as much as I loved Darkstalkers, it really showed how lazy Capcom was with sprites and such.

No nigga, looks like Vega is the hand of bison, not your bitch ass.

Bonus pics just because.

You played a game that didn't have input delay in an offline mode. It's not you, it's SFV being SFV: a piece of shit.

I'm not gonna lie, it made me pretty fucking happy to see that all my practice actually means something.

Why do these fucking idiots think sales and numbers = a good game?

got kof13 cause of summer sale and wanted to practice before kof14 comes out. any good character primers for terry, king, and shen?

I bought kof xiii during the summer sale as well, and I want to know if there's any tips for using Mature and Terry. Also, I'm having trouble finding a good third character for the team. I have Mature as a point, and Terry as an Anchor.

how much was it when it was on sale again?

Someone figured out how to play Juri and Urien in Training mode as the proper story mode versions, not the hackneyed mess of the character replacements. Also much more convenient.

getApplication().Title = "NotCE" getMainForm().setCaption("NotCE")

I like in canada, so the price may be different for you, but it was $5.50 for me.

Lol Ibuki

Going to Casino
Tomorrow Night
What could possibly go wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=_o2rSLQeSrE

This costume would be perfect without the fur.

Eyepatch has the same symbol as her SF4 bustier/bra?

Check the dreamcancel wiki. Juicebox's tutorials on YT are also worth checking out, but keep in mind they're raw, unedited stream footage and really long winded.

Glad for KOF14 but not sold on the 3d models instead of sprites. 2d fighting games should be in 2d! At least the new Guilty Gear tries to emulate 2d….
tl;dr ~ 3dpd unless it's a 3d fighter

Can someone explain to me, in street fighter:

What's the difference when you stun an opponent that there are stars flying around the player and you hear this whistling noise but sometimes when you stun them, there's skulls and angry rattling noises?

Let it go

Except every pro that matters agree that nash is mid tier and there are no bad characters.

Short stun & long stun ie. how long the stun last

He's the best zoner and a great rushdown character. He can throw a boom from full screen and dash up anti-air on reaction, if he's mid tier who the fuck is top? Who are these pros?

Literally everyone is shitting on Zangief.

k

The pros say that the holocaust never happened.
The pros also say you're a cocksucking faggot that can't source his claims.

filtered

No.
Liberte!

My thumb keeps slipping off my dpad from getting moist and I mess up inputs.

what do

Needs more cheeto dust.

Buy a thimblette

I'm sure those un-cited opinions will make Zangief mains not struggle against anonymous players or make Nash's toolset worse than that of other characters.
I sure wish I was as much of a faggot and use greentexted sarcasm instead of citations and arguments.

Of course you did you little bitch. The pros agree.

I have a weird problem with Cammy that lost me more matches than I can count and not sure what to do.

Her spiral arrow is QFC+K and her cannon strike is DP+K. In a situation where e.g. I want to Ex Spiral Arrow through a hadouken and hit the enemy, because I am running forward when I perform the QFC it registers as a DP, making me do a cannon blast instead and getting an anti air up my ass.

do a HCF instead of a QCF

is wool/cotton okay?

Tried that, HFC+K doesn't perform the spiral arrow.

weird, that was the solution in USF4

(checked)
Jesus christ, Juri has to have the worst battle costume imaginable.

fingers still slipping with gloves

what if sandpaper glued onto the dpad

Postan webms from last lobby session.
Using voice chat makes any fighting game online so much better.

Wear cammy gloves

Hmm.. I will give it another spin when I get home but that was the first thing I've tried.

Try to not input it as fast. QCF works because it slows down the HCF motion.

It's hard to exercise that kind of control in the middle of a match.

True, I fucked up the same input numerous times in the exact same situation.

Kazunoko apparently prefers divekick as an anti-fireball move.

Practise

SummerCam

Kazunoko? (Still new to this)

Am I supposed to be waiting 5-10 minutes for a match on PS4? This isn't gonna work for me.

A tournament player that uses Cammy.

Bad idea. She works best as a second, since she can both spend and gain meter like a champ. Entering the battle with some meter available would make her life way easier.

Man what a faggot.

Try that on my Decapre.

Thanks a ton, having someone to use as reference is great.

>mfw it might not even matter since SFV is still so bad

Is that a mod? How do you play as her?

Yeah, it's a mod.

w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8296923&t=11497627

If your anti-virus goes off just pause it, the site isn't dangerous. It's linked in the OP.

Here you can see him going passive-aggressive against one of the dudes who was more active at the old Double Helix KI forums, just because he didn't buy the feminut narrative. He also follows Femfreq and other similar accounts, so you can get an idea on how invested in the ideology he is.

Are there any fighting games worth getting a console for?

Judging by the webm, you already know the answer.
Soulcalibur is arguably the best arcade-to-home port ever. Not only did it add tons of content, the graphics were greatly improved as well.
It's not perfect but it's definitely my favorite in the series.
Project Justice is also a must.

any other fighters worth mentioning? Are the dreamcast ports of Kof 98 or kof 99 worth playing?

Here's more to add to why the story sucked

Judge Dredd alt costume Peter when?

That would be great. At this rate modders will make peter a proper balanced character before Capcom does anything right.

Hell, add in gun shooting and we have ourselves an actual cop themed character, kinda like Stryker from MK.

I still think it's funny Sean just called the cops

JoJo, SFA3 and Third Strike though those are not the best ports.
I have both '98 and '99 but don't remember much. '98 had a animated opening and '99 has playable Krizalid (which I loved messing around with) and the music is based on the arranged versions.
Less known by Capcom are Plasma Sword and Tech Romancer. Can't say anything about the later but Plasma Sword is average IMHO. Dial-a-combo system and half the characters are clones.
*rummaging through my DC games*
There's also Garou and Last Blade 2. LB2 isn't my cup of tea but Garou is fantastic. Both have a problem with the audio that comes delayed. Takes a while to get used to it.
Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 1. MvC2 needs no introduction. CvS1 is severely underrated IMHO.

Lastly, there's a port of Vampire Savior that includes all games and supposedly let's you pick versions of all characters based off every game so you get something like DS1 Bulleta that has motions instead of charges. At the time, I depended on others to do the pirating for me and no one managed to get this work so I can't say if it's any good. To my everlasting sorrow, it was the game I wanted the most.

Holy shit she's perfecto

what about Capcom vs snk 2? Is the dreamcast of that any good, or is it japan only?

Becoming mobile trash. Didn't think they were hard pressed to make the only game they have into a mobile game.

Dreamcast port of CVS 1 and 2 are arcade perfect or extremely close as far as I know. They're the best versions to play.

Last Blade 2 is pretty fun, I'm shit at it though. Tech Romancer I can answer definitively: it's shit. It's slow, not really fun, and the only saving grace is that it's not Evil Zone. It gets really repetitive really quickly and the references to mecha aren't enough to pull it out of the grave.

VSav for Matching sounds like a good time, though, I'll have to grab it and try to get it working.

Can't really say. At the time, I wasn't savvy enough to pirate games myself and most who did it, moved on to the PS2.
Oh! Can't believe I forgot about it - Dead or Alive 2 Limited Edition, a JP port with more content (costumes, stages and 2 more characters) and none of the censorship. PS2's DOA2 Hardcore builds up on that but if you're getting a DC for FGs, it's worth checking out (it has EN subtitles IIRC). Needs a boot disc.
And there's also Virtua Fighter 3 now that I think about it.
Also, from your pic, there's Power Stone, which I also forgot.

Still waiting on those PS3 lobbies, Mike. I'm a man of my word, I took a break from the game until those were implemented.

Sweet Orochi, I must have this artbook!

Anyway, the full body arts look like the ones used in the mock-up select screen that was leaked.

Hot damn, Mian is a 10/10 qt

YES.
YES

can you spoonfeed me please

Good catch, I didn't even notice that

Oh this girl lives in Las Vegas, I seen her and on her twitter apparently she is a muslim

Mobile market was a mistake.

dolphin-emu.org/
Download it, then download an ISO of Capcom vs. SNK 2 for the Gamecube.

Then, make sure cheats, memory cards, and speeding up disc loading are all disabled, then go to tools->start netplay and host or join

YEAH

Higher resolution samples, courtesy of @snkpofficial_jp

collar

latex makes her hotter

I should mention that someone was shilling a cvs2 EO tournament on the 8v fgc steam group. It's not run by the group, and the tournament isn't until july 17th, but I thought it'd be nice if anyone was interested.
challonge.com/cvs2eonetplayfightingtournament

I was wondering if we were gonna have such a thing

The fan arts are starting to appear.

Shitty ones too.

The skin one looks tacky as fuck. I might have added a scoop or v-neck to the latex underneath to show some cleavage, but even without it I think the latex one looks much better. A bike outfit unzipped to the belly button is hot, but with nothing but bare skin underneath, it just looks weird.

You're right too, though; the latex DOES mess up her color palette. It makes it all too dark, although I disagree on the double-skintight thing. That doesn't bother me; look at her inner thigh in both pictures. It shows the same exact black as the latex top, set in to appear like a window in the biker outfit, implying in both pictures that there's something skintight underneath. In my mind, the latex on top just completes that look. Besides, who would wear skintight leather against their bare skin? That would be uncomfortable as fuck; a thin inner layer makes sense.

The solution is to use the latex top, but cut it down and add some cleavage.

I thought pork was haram.

dem quads doe

…What a terrible fucking argument, for starters.

According to this guy, if both people call themselves a paladin and get into an argument, they're both right.

Well, if it was MK9 NRS It would be acceptable at least.

Shy dork confirmed.

Sylvie! Its Mian, lets go bowling.

I think it's implied that after IV he trains with Gouken and quells the evil shit.

Is joy2key the best option for getting my stick to work with SFV or should I use something else?

Bafael makes some good videos.

Mian is a prime time dweeb.

I like fgcjuicebox as well but he does kof videos. I really hope he updates his channel when kofXIV comes out.

Whinning nonstop is not going to make you better at either game.

You're a good friend user.

Combos don't make you good at the game:^)

Good know. Also, checked.

Better than nothing ;^)

Best girl confirmed.

So that explains why KI season 3 kinda sucks…

I don't know what version of the game you're playing, but Alex and Zangief are considered shit; also, people are realizing Balrog/Boxer is meh (Nash is still top, but might have more competition).

If this shitty game was balanced. Snakeeyes would have kept Zangief as a main.

To be fair. The full story MS did also said the real tribe they consulted wanted was for him to not be a goofy sterotype and make him this hulking badass who's going to march across the screen and push your shit in. The whole "Spilled Warpaint" mtif was even something that tribes used to signifiy they can't give a fuck applying warpaint properly because they are in grief and they are just going to fuck you up. That's when being respectful works out and makes a good character instead of being overly PC and pandering like most Anita fuck ups. He's just giving a simplistic version when the real version was a lot more interesting when the minority actually wanted to make a good character instead of a pandering one.

Also, even if you ask the old Rare designers, they had no clue what they were doing till Nintendo signed it and that game was Nintendo America's baby. Rare did a lot of design work but the gameplay was done by the NOA production team.

S3's music was done by Celldweller and Atlas Plug. It's been kinda inconsistent, but still better than most games. General RAAM's theme is easily the best they have done so far though.

Does anyone have any good stories that came from playing fighters with friends or at a local?

Some pics from the Kof14 art book.

I had to format my PC, reinstalled SFV only to find that the story progress isn't saved on Steam and all the "campaigns" are at 0%. What the fucking shit?

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with DPS on this (He's right. SFV is piece of shit). Of course, he would kiss Capcom's ass if they gave him the time or day to roll with them and guys like Justin Wong and Combofiend, but still.

Eh, it depends on your location. My turf used to have a fighting game night that got shut down because the guy holding it got sick of the autistic Wii kids and regulars not paying for anything to keep the event alive (Can't blame him. The Wii kids were horrible, and embodied every horrible stereotype of Smash players). Some of the regulars I played it were pretty douchey for the most part.

I actually found a guy who used to go to those events and tourneys in a meet up I used to belong to. We hung out for a while last year.

story time?

>tfw playing SFV more now because I modded Juri in and have been playing her in battle lounges all afternoon

They lived in their own little world with some Smash mod full of horrible anime music, and when they weren't playing Smash, they got all autistic over one of the terrible Naruto games (they refused to play Brawl, and it was either Melee or their shitty mod). They acted like faggots over Japanese voices in games like SF4 or BlazBlue if they dared to get out of their comfort zone (everybody ignored them).

One of the Wii kids nearly pissed off one of the organizers for putting his greasy whooper and fries on the guy's X-Box 360 while he nagged people to pick Sub-Zero in MK9 (I got him to take his food off the system while explaining to him why Sub-Zero sucked. He..still nagged people to pick Sub-Zero). I think he got banned once or twice for acting up iirc (I wasn't there when the ban(s) happened).

One of them got into SF4, and was being a little bitch over his losses when I beat him. He only beat me twice in a set, but when he whiffed, he would say, "So predictable, I could read that" all the time to act like he was winning. I got fed up with his bullshit, and left (there was no one else I wanted to play any games with because the guys I knew moved onto other things). The owner told me he talked to him about his attitude after I left. Nobody that played SF4 or other serious fighters liked the Wii/Smash kids there (Even the guy I met from Meetup said he felt uncomfortable around them).

I managed to troll one of them when he sperged at me for "mispronouncing" Deedeedee's name out of nowhere. He would get in my face about the pronunciation, so I kept saying Deedeedee to fuck with him. He tries to get me by mispronouncing Ryu, but I played along to shut him up by fucking up other character names like Sagat.

The last event in that place was an event to celebrate Third Strike Online 5-6 years ago, and it was an elitist shit-hole. Unsurprisingly, none of the Wii kids showed up because the owner insisted on being a 3S only event (like any of them would be good at 3S).

Whoa whoa hold up nigger, the Juri mod works online? Does everyone in the lobby need to have the mod installed?

When's Tekken 7?

nope, and it only works in battle lounge. But since Im a nice guy, here's a link.
reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4rb8db/urien_100_for_training_mode/

I know it says Urien, but the one for Juri is linked on the page
>inb4 reddit

I'd shit on you for posting a reddit link but I'm tired so I'll just make things easier in the future by just pasting the way to do it in an image that you can post from now on.

Oh, and thank you.

Thanks for that, my laziness takes control far more than it should.

Already fought two guys using the mod, Urien is going to be a problem

That special editions sure looks interesting. But frankly, KOF XIV is my most wanted game from (((CURRENT YEAR))) and also the one I will not play whatsoever. I will not buy a PS4. Not for KOF or any other game.
I hope the PC version gets release in (((CURRENT YEAR+1)))

Indeed, the song is really good in indeed. But I wonder: What would be the chances that Rare could add video related to the game.
She could be viable, since we have characters focused on gunplay, like Chris in MvsC3 or Eron Black in MK X.

twitter.com/gllty/status/750425679028629504

"I'll go on a date with you if you pay for my trip to Evo…and the date I promised. It's a no touch date btw hee hee silly person!"

It only took Marn, Arturo, and Noel Brown 5+ years to reach rock bottom, and a tranny topped them in five months.

That's rough, man. Sorry you had to put up with them.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was Project M, right? Nothing attracts autism and basket cases like that mod, which is a shame considering how cool it should be in concept.

This is a bit late, but whatever.

KOF '98 KOF Dream Match 1999 is probably worth passing on, and I say this as a pretty big KOF '98 mark. The game has a decent animu opening, and the stages are in 3D, but you lose the daylight transitions (i.e., going from morning to noon to sunset as the rounds go on). Music-wise, the game uses the arranged soundtrack, but because of the way the game was programmed, the songs will reset after every round. Hope you like hearing the opening riff to Esaka? about twenty million times!

At its heart, though, it's still KOF '98, and this one also has connectivity with the NGPC's KOF R-2, if you're one of the twenty people with a NGPC, the game, and the Dreamcast link cable. I bought the game around a few months after it came out, but if I knew then what I know now, I probably would've passed on it.

KOF '99 Evolution is essentially KOF '99, but with both forms of Krizalid playable, and a shitload of striker-only characters, including sneak peeks at Seth and Vanessa, as KOF 2000 wasn't out yet at the time of its original Japanese release. The stages are in 3D again, and you lose the daylight transitions again. The game uses the arranged soundtrack, and this time, you won't have to put up with hearing the opening guitars to Sadistic Eyes seven million times.

The Japanese version has you level your exclusive strikers up through connectivity with the NGPC and the Mario Party clone KOF Battle Paradise. The Western version just has you play the game a shitload of times to level your strikers, IIRC. Shame that Agetec took it out. i mean, hell, Capcom even kept the NGPC link in the CvS1 port.

Wow. Not just a prostitute but a jewish prostitute. Holy shit. Can we nuke EVO and start over? And keep the fucking faggots who come for idol status out?

I want to try playing that game, but I'm intimidated by moon even in a simple party game.

SnH Adon for SFV when

Do you think it's possible for someone to start their own EVO and not find a way to fuck it up?

Unfortunately, I don't think so since I'd just ban all spectators and you have to compete in other tourneys to qualify for EVO. Not entirely practical, and I don't know how you'd filter everything cancerous out otherwise.

Not just a Jewish Prostitute: A Jewish, Tranny Prostitute whose claim to fgc fame is hitting some schmuck, and trying to gett him blacklisted. Gllty is a shit bag tranny.

I don't know anything about Project M. It might have been some custom mod one of those autists found.

I had fun fucking with the autist who sperged over Deedeedee. He deserved the shit I gave him, and it's not the first time I dealt with Smash faggots like him (my first time was at Brawl's midnight release where I berated some fucktard who tired to bring up online drama I didn't give a fuck about).

The Smash community deserves all the shit it gets from the world and fgc, and this is from someone who also hates [most of] the fgc (see this year's CEO).

So, Fated Retribution got released and Akuma it's pretty much what I expected broken
Also, autosaging already?

NEW THREAD