Cool bugs

ITT: Bugs that aren't game-breaking or frustrating, but are just neat.

pics related; Titan is always meant to be just in the background, but he decided to walk through archylte steppe.
Turns out he has textures on his feet and toes after all.

I think you ruined your own thread.

Why?
Everyone still too cool for corridor fantasy?

I guess

personally I didn't know you could get that close to.. whatever that thing is. Did you perform this? Does anything happen if he steps on you?

i have to say, XIIIs titan is probably the coolest ever.

it eats dinosaurs whole and shits out new species.

a shame they never show it again because after the first XIII everything fucking dies and nothing makes sense anymore.

By using exploits you can discover all sorts of hidden things the developers never used, never finished, and wished they had.

I found one in star fox 64 that let you get under the water in Zoness.
About halfway through the stage, there is a bridge that has just enough room under it for you to fit under it while holding R, if you fly into the underside then immediately fly down after you take the hit it gives you just enough momentum to break through the barrier that keeps you above water.
Oddly enough, it doesn't trigger any of the searchlights left in the stage when you fly past them.

It kills me inside

fumito ueda is a very skilled director, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was dedicating himself to multiple roles yet again just to get the last guardian to be the game he wants it to be.

After all the layoffs and him leaving Sony?
Highly doubt it.

They were originally gonna have you fight it, but couldn't because of "technical limitations".
The fight ended up as Atlas in the second one.

You're not meant to get that close, so nothing happens. You just pass through his feet.

Diagonal running in FPS games on the N64 was often unintended. I know it's nearly impossible to beat some GoldenEye challenges without it so it may have been intentional in that case, but it made speeding through Turok pretty fun.

Bunny hopping was fun in Quake, less so in Counter Strike and other more "srs" games.

I doubt you. In interviews he expresses disappointment with how the project had taken so long, but seems to be struck with a renewed sense of dedication now that he's made gendesign. Gendesign consists of many of the veterans who worked on Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. I think it's in Sony's best interest to make sure the game turns out as best it can, so I imagine there's lots of people giving it their all.

I'm just looking at what's available to me, and I've seen no proof that it's going to end up poorly.

If it does end up poorly? Oh well. I move on, it's not the end of the world.

Its a PS4 game
That's all the proof you need

I need more proof

Come on now

I didn't ignore those, they happened back on the PS3 and the project was put on hold for some time.
anything new now that they're developing on much better hardware?
gendesign is a new company, team ico was just a team inside of sony's studio japan.

remember cat fountain?

well i guess this isnt really a bug

It's not like Duke Nukem Forever, where it was scrapped over and over again. The Last Guardian straight up stopped being developed after they realized the PS3 couldn't do what they wanted it to do. Technical difficulties are a nonissue at this point.

Nah, I dont buy it
They've shown nothing interesting since they jumped to the PS4.

It seems to be the same game with the typical improvements. I don't know what you were expecting.

What do you want them to show? They've shown gameplay already.

ah, the early footage of the game where Ueda was interviewed a few years later, fuming that he couldn't get the game running at more than what was it, 4, 5 FPS?

That just reminded me of the far lands actually

The thing that gets me is that there was a solution if the problem was so big.

Put it on the fucking pc! Then when ps4 is out, port it.

holy shit i completely forgot. good thinking

I think it's in Sony's best interest to keep it as an exclusive

In the Simpsons Hit and Run, if you activate the moon jump cheat and use it to jump into the stain glass window of the Mason building in the first level ( I think, it might have been a church, been too long) and super jump off of it it will fling you so far into the sky that you will surpass the draw distance of the game and will no longer be able to see the level.

Would posting bugs from dwarf fortress be too easy?

Uh no, that would be retarded.

do it,. some of those were hilarious. one that sticks with me was rain that would disintegrate the flesh because it was hotter than the sun

Yes.

Do it anyway.

Actually the average temperature rain would melt down dwarfs because of a bad point placement in the melting temperature of the fat layer.

Off the top of my head

the whole process of being able to fight ganon as young link still blows my mind

In Skyrim turning off HDR in the .ini mutes the colour. Increasing fog makes it look spectacular, fog suits the landscape. It may be a bug. It stayed activated long enough for me to want it. On. Try for a feeling of being lost. Know the landscape by layout. Around 20-50m fog increasing till there is nothing else. Most of the landscape is very similar, and repeating things serve to make it better, seeing how they in relation to other things. Gathering what a place is and what is from it more than looking right at it. Even in plains where seeing into the distance would be impressive becomes better. You know what is in the distance. In a foggy game perhaps you should have some slow exploration time where you can see to the horizon. Distance could be increased under fog, it feels that way.

You can run ahead cautious not knowing what to expect. With a long draw distance you may as well skip to where you can't see. I do like to walk around though.

A mix could be enemies hiding. Behind trees, everywhere you might not suspect and staying hidden. Attacking when you make camp or check a map. No game should have a map, apart from Silent Hill perhaps.

Stalker Call of Pripyat and the Misery mod sometimes starts with heavy fog. Which makes it look much better too. Haunted. It encourages becoming familiar with what you see, checkjng everything out, it is relatively safe, memorise everything and move on, know the way back. Don't get lost.

It may have been related to some of the settings. Fog adds ambience and mystery like lower resolution. You aren't seeing everything so what else can be anything. Moving is a trade, something new for something potentially infinately worse.

Also aids anti aliasing. Eliminates pop-in. Hides the effect of mipmapping blurring everything.

Also decreases the effectiveness of guns. So you have to be ready all the time. Sound extending your range past your vision. Firing into what you can't see. Enemies may find places to hide without you tracking them. Chasing them has a greater urgency their navigation of the landscape has them at advantage. You might run into ways across the landscape you need to make use of fast. Run into dead ends or traps. Or through your hesitation become encircled and trapped. Or risk it and get killed going into the unknown without anything hinting what it might be. It's a wonderful feeling evading detection and running and jumping where it's too dark to see what is below, sailing an landing. Fog makes what is seen far larger like the entire world is there.

Seeing to the horizon and fog could work together in navigation. From above seeing the lay of the land. A smooth stretch peppered with the tips of trees and mountains. Or a lot of nothing to further show this spot as the alternative you should take. Look for more in the fog knowing ahead is more of the same. Keep a sense of direction as you'll forget what was before objects covering so much distance.

Add to the feel of the land being quiet too. Chirping with any birds. Sending back their calls. Land reveals itself to you get sense of kindness as it shows you a world it is. See some stars. Find how to keep warm breathing inside clothes. How to cover yourself from mosquitoes and clean yourself with leaves. How to avoid stepping where anything would snap or crunch without looking down. How to stop animals running away by smelling like them, feeding them, being amongst them long enough they know you don't eat them. No fires. Stay dry.

Fog could test how much you expect there to be something good or helpful in it.

Fuck I remember finally reaching Gran soren and actually having fun. Then I saw that big guy and shit my pants thinking he will be one of those optional bosses. Was I in for disappointment
Like 13 didnt have enough as is

ALL OF TWINSANITY.
Like there's so much MORE to explore.

user, that's Dragon's Dogma

Most of you probably already know this, if you use a bug and travel out of Arkham City, you can go and see Gotham, which actually exists. Though really low quality, you can see buildings, cars and shits there

Fuggg, I dont even know anymore

I'm fucking dying holy shit

Gorgonopsids hunt in packs!

I feel like this exists because the environment artists were all done and decided to fuck around so they could keep their job

This post makes me want an open world survival game in a foggy Silent Hill esque setting.