Your majesty, you must die

Your majesty, you must die

Fak u

die

I'm so hungry, I could eat a DINNER

Don't forget to brush and floss after you eat!

Get back into your cell, Bookworm!

MAH BOOOOOOIIIIIIIIII

THAT'S NO GOOD

if you need more muscles in your PINGAS push the X button

Your majesty.
Where the hell is Dino Time?

Gone.

[loud slurping noises]

Dinner.

best thread on Holla Forums and it has nothing to do with videogames
Holla Forums really is /b2.0/

so whats the difference between otomads and ytpmvs?
aside from one term really pissing off weebs?

sources, culture, and style
you can usually spot differences in editing techniques as well as sound mixing since the primary language of YTPMV makers and MAD makers are different

Which one is this? YTPMV or MAD?

Linkondrugs a best RIP

okay, well who came first? thats the name we will all use from now on

Hey anyone here remember renard queenston?
And that shootemup game with the shark girls?

That's pretty damn good.

that is clearly youtube poop.

This one's definitely one of my favourites but it's not vidya.

Is it now?

There's a lot more. a few years back this dude just stop uploading and no ones heard from him since. The only thing I can think of is that he now edit's Off the Air or he's dead. Most likely the latter.

BEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBE

"Mister hawkins, the subject of today's meeting is budget appropriation. There will be a general meeting this month

>implying you cant make a youtube poop out of anything

SPIDER-MAN TRIPLE ACTION WEB-BLASTER

Which poop was that?

clearly the cutest zelda by a mile

I'll grab my stuff.

I bet you can't youtube poop Take on Me.
fourty bucks.
On paypal.

Thanks man.

There is no time. you're sword is enough!

Does anyone remember the King Harkinian Builds a Robot poop?
The one with the ridiculous voice splicing where you could barely understand what they were saying?

WOAH SHIP

this youtube poop was the end of an era in youtube poop.

WHEN WILL WAS A BABY
I WAS SCARED OF BABIES

What? Why?

user, I love the thread as much as everyone else, but don't try to pretend it's about the zelda video games one bit. We all know it's not about video games.

It's always been about video games, haven't you read the enclosed instruction books?

It has never been about the video games. I don't know how to break it to you.

FROGGY?

YOU'RE THE IBLIS NIGGER!
YOUR ASS WILL DESTROY THE WORLD

WEENIE

IT'S THREE A.M.

Dear horny plumbers, I dare you to rape the princess

(checked)
DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E

Why is it that I consider Finnish Youtube Poops to be some of the best ones?

The memes flow in Finnish blood.

The Finnish are able to bend memes in ways more unique than the Western tryhard. It's magical.

OH IT'S FROM THE SHOW
IT'S FROM THE SHOW
FROM THE SHOW

that tea is super nasty if you've ever had it

Finnish poops are fucking gold and all the other kind of poops are mostly shit compared to them

edits are the best kind of poop, if they're even considered one

I remember a Spanish YouTube Poop where most of the jokes were the characters repeating what they just said in reverse several times. It was awful.

If you want to eat shit, you can not eat shit.

This. Shitty YTPMV/screw/earrape are overdone.

never wanted it

dont want it

I hate Mega Man - he ruins everything.

SEAKING
SEAKING
SEAKING

Dallas?

Is there anyone greater than Imaperson?

How about a kiss?
for luck!

imaperson is a liberal

That explains why his videos are so mental then, a necessary evil

LUIGI I'M HOME

That's MAMA Luigi to you Mario *wheeze*

Well fuck you Luigi

No Mario! I chiselled it!

Edits are indeed the best type, since they require clever combination and splicing of elements to make new things. Noisy and plainly-repetitive (as opposed to using repetition sparingly and with a purpose) ones are just spamming video editor effects with no rhyme or reason except the dreaded "lolsorandom", which will never beat out clever effort to reuse existing material with tact.

Generally, the more it deviates in the "plot" (not even close to the right term, but the only one I can think of at the moment) from the original material, shapes the original material into something new with effort put into the syncing/splicing so it's as smooth as possible, and avoids resorting to loud noises, flashy effects or repetition without purpose, the better it tends to be.

This is why things like the TNG edits which play like real-but-weird episodes can be hilarious, since they use intelligent splicing and reorganization to make something that's almost/exactly as smooth as the real product, but deviates into strange shit in terms of events and characters. Note that this doesn't mean it can't have new material or use new image/audio/video assets and effects, but rather that it benefits massively from incorporating these new elements as smoothly as possible, so that things aren't jarring or shit quality.

Here's another homoerotic TNG edit in webm form, so I'm actually contributing something related on top of blathering.

Also, I'll post two or three more embeds of the funnier TNG edits while I'm at it. Forgot about some of these.

This one's an especially-good example of the shit I rambled about regarding splicing material smoothly, with that bit from Sesame Street looking so close to being a real part of the show that the only concrete tell is knowing it's not from TNG.

GO TO HELL MAI-GOT

Done by Walrusguy

Shame he became a furfag and fucked off the face of the earth.

THINK AGAIN

That
SALAMI
caught me off guard.

The same guy who did this, is doing the worst fucking kind of videos (fnafXundertale rap videos), let that sink for a moment.

It's not actually that good to be honest

Does anyone got his AOStH poop where Sonic fucks an android, it got famous on the youchew channel. Best part was, Dr. Robotnik getting out of an asshole.

Here's an hour and a half of Robotnik YTP goodness.

What am i doing with my life

Doing something productive, you DOUBLE NIGGER

It's smoked tea. It tasted exactly how it sounds.

He deserves a………..

Iteachvader does some breddy damned gud sentence mixing.

I met him in a TF2 match once and showed him a YTP I made. He commented on it and said it was funny.
All around he was funny but a bit of a faggot since he was into ponies. He was a good medic as well.

Link?

It's a bit complicated. YTPMVs started out in 2007. Generally, early YTPMVs had background songs/beats made by the user, rather than pre-existing songs (vid related). The turning point was with THIS VIDEO CONTAINS WIN in early 2008 I actually made one of the first responses to that video, where YTPMVs started to use pre-existing songs, becoming more similar to MADs. Some exceptions to this exist, such as Big Beat Mario, but the general trend nowadays is that YTPMVs are naturally MAD-like, and generally, as mentioned by the other guy, mostly differ in sources used. There's certainly a blurry line between the two, though.

Fesh Pince of Blair truly is the greatest of them all

I've always found the main problem with MADs to be that the elements are overprocessed and stripped from context. Attention is taken away from what is sampled and shifted toward how it sounds, to the point where sometimes the absolute minimal length of a sound is used to create an instrument. Without an image, you'd have a hard time placing the sound, and you still might not know exactly where it's from if it's there. Add to this further processing, and it's just a sound that happens to come from some Chinese cartoon.

Contrast this to YTP where absolutely everything grew to have a context and lore surrounding it, always a reference to something else, however deep or shallow it goes. Sources were often used verbatim, a lot of focus was put on very specific, recognizable phrases and words, and rarely separated from the character. As sources got reused enough times, you found works invoking other works, by intentional reference or serendipity, in subtle or blatant ways. It's a very iterative and granular form of art, and little is lost for the sake of the big picture.
Even if it's a brand new source, care is taken to preserve some shards of the original context.

OtoMADs are a homogenous thick putty aiming to be the smoothest thing you've ever laid eyes on. It can be sculpted into anything, but the silkiest and thickest glop is still glop, regardless of the intricate shape.
YTP and YTPMVs are a chunky, crazy stew that makes ample use of leftovers. You can recognize each component as being distinct and recognizable, perhaps even remembering something as coming from the last stew's leftovers, yet it all still comes together to form something greater than the sum of its parts. Sometimes it's smoother than you'd expect, but it's never glop.

Or something.

I AM THE DADDY NOOWWWWWW

Anyone else got more shit like this? With bodybuilders and this kind of weird music i mean. Dont knownwhere to look for it

gachimuchi

I think the best OTOMADs/OTOMAD-style YTPMV's take the initiative to make the "instruments" sound very pleasing to the ear and create a unique interpretation of the original source. Plus, it's possible to make the sources sound distinct even though they're heavily processed (see Gachimuchi and a lot of YTPMVs that use Terry Crews as a source).

I'M PLANNING TO SNUFF OUT ALL THE NIGGERS

same, quadsman. the whole "mirrored frames flickering on both sides of the video" thing got old 6 years ago.

WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE? WHERE'S BANE?

(checked)

And that's where the blurry line comes in. Vid related, for all intents and purposes, falls more into the "decontextualized audio" category, but I have trouble calling it a MAD, due the source in question. And like the other user said, there are some MADs that still have some degree of context to their audio.

But it's all ultimately a matter of interpretation, due to how YTPMVs in particular evolved over the past decade or so, in addition to lack of formal definition of YTPMVs/MADs to begin with.

I think the best YTPMV sources are the ones where you can actually identify the source and it's not like one note from the source

I think vid related is the perfect example of a really well done one.

This guy's good but he's got too much of an erection for creepypasta-like things

I would but, watching it again after all these years, I've realised that it was absolutely terrible.

It's also a tranny. This video is good as its own thing independent from YTP though.

Here's another one to compliment that vid.

bump

W-wow…

pretty shit taste

Cripple Mario?

rip paperdollman killed by the jewies from WB, does anyone remember those sources that got forgotten over the years?

This nigga gets it. The best are edits, it's why fesh pince is about the only YTP I've really enjoyed lately, since it had a lot of fun little audio things to it.

you have no respect for trash

THERE GOES PHILIP BANKS
THE BIGGEST ASS WHO EVER LIVED
WHAT A DOUCHE

HAIR PRODUCTS

HAIR PRODUCTS

SKEET IS FOR WHITE GUYS NAMED SVEN

the legend

WRETCHED PUPPETS