Buyfag/Collector Thread: Unreleased Edition

Beginning of July anons, what have you picked up recently or what are you looking to pick up? Anything new that's caught your eye?

How's the trade concept going?

Dunno whether to start picking up N64 shit, or just do XBOX shit. Managed to get a Zapper today for £3, along with DOOM and Syndicate Wars for PS1. Also a pristine copy of Sonic Spinball for 8.

**Either XBOX, an RGB N64 or maybe go the way to get a Hi-Def NES.*

I bought a CES expo cartridge of BlackThorne for the SNES on a garage sale. It was inside a loose Contra 3 cartridge plastic thing.

Recently got into gunpla, now I have negative monies

user

When you entered this thread you were not my nigger, but know that from now on you are

If you're just going for the "full collection", Xbox would be cheaper.

Most recently got Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and have a copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 coming sometime this week.

Not sure what to get next. As of now the only upcoming games I'm all that interested in for systems I have are Exist Archive and ToCSII, but those are both some months away, and with the former, I'm a bit wary since it's Aksys bringing it over (not that they can't do a good job of things, but some games they haven't handled that well). And as for used stuff, it's been a bit of a dry spell since the start of the year as far as finding anything interesting at low prices that I haven't already picked up.

One of my favorite local game stores is apparently opening a new location closer to where I live now, and a multimedia place I also find great stuff at every so often is opening a new location close to a chicken joint I like, so hopefully they might have some good stuff around their opening days.

How you finding BlackThorne, user?

In the long run, maybe. Steel Battalion alone is a setback.

The long run, yes. How short of a time are you planning on owning these games?

~200 bucks just got me this, everything but the 64 stuff is complete
TG16:
JJ & Jeff
Alien Crush

N64:
Kirby 64
F-zero 64

Dreamcast:
Sonic Adventure + SA2 demo disc
Grandia II
Evolution 2
Rainbow Six
Silent Scope
Ready 2 rumble boxing

Gamecube:
Intellivision Lives!
Zelda 4 swords
Pacman world 2+vs
Sonic riders
GBA Player + disc
2x 251 memory cards

NGPC:
Dark arms: beast busters 1999

PS2/3
Alpha protocol(sealed
The Bouncer

I finally found Super Fami controllers. I really just wanted them since the buttons are the RGBY colours. I'm still so peeved at Nintendo for changing up the SNES to be all purples.

I did also pick up Super Metroid and A Link to the Past for the Super Fami, they are pretty awesome.

It's about 15 years too late to get solid deals on classic games, thanks to all the trust fucks wrecking the pricing scale by paying a mint for Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt.

I haven't seen an NES game for sale in the wild (outside of classic game shops) in like six years.

Buying HuCards is a fool's game.

Slowly working on getting my Simpsons game collection complete. Found escape from camp deadly, Bart's Nightmare, and Krusty's funhouse for $10.
Also found a stash of commodore 64 games that my parents missed when they donated the system 22 years ago. I dont know if they still work until I get find another C64 and floppy drives for a good price.

How so, because from where i'm standing, i just paid 15 bucks a pop for two games that go for way more on ebay.

Honestly not in any rush. Since got flashcarts and cfw XBOX is easy enough to set up, not like I can't play anything so far.

Recommend anyone a SD2SNES just for MSU-1 hacks alone.

Shame the console prices are skyrocketing as scalpers are flipping them because of kanye.

most with shit capacitor burn out.

People actually give a shit? All the reactions i've heard to that fuck yeezus's new album has been "lol what the fuck is that shit"

Hipsters and posers. The same problem glasses nu-males that go to cons trying to sells Zelda for £200 "because the case is gold, only true nerds know that xD"

Kanye? Explain. I know nothing of music, how does he have any relation?

He said his new album was going to be called 'Turbo Grafix 16' so all PC engine family hardware went from like £60 to upwards of £700 and climbing by the day online due to scalpers and hipsters.

Webbum related sure as shit ain't $15. Nor is is $15 x 10. Closer to $15 x 10 x 10.

Even i did wanted to play that, i'd rather just boot up an emulator, i don't trust flash carts for shit.

Oh shit, Quest made games for the PCE?

I miss Ogre Battle. And nowadays Square is doing nothing with that company.>>9928785

I recently found me a loose copy of Ben 10 Galatic Racing for DS while shopping for socks at KMart. It's an decent, but boring Mario Kart clone that doesn't look super great and doesn't have drifting.

I recently ordered Kirby's Dream Collection, Pac Pix and Pac N' Roll from FUCKING GAMESTOP website because they were having a buy two get one free sale. The deal means that they take the price off the lowest priced game you got, which fucking sucks. It's supposed to be here in about two weeks

I went thrifting at a Red Racks today and found me this really nice Shrek PS2 controller for about two dollars. It works and feels great with the copy of Simpsons Road Rage I'm playing right now

Whatever happened to Superbus' threads, anyways?

He gave me a cheap $1 Bomberman game for the GB that I still have to play

It's like a gritty Heavy Metal PoP, pretty hard tho.

I just bought a modchipped ps1 and I've been thinking about scooping up a xbox. Thankfully, I got out of buying saturn games because those prices never stop rising.

xbox's are very cheap, and there's a lot of great collectibles for the system. There's only two particularly expensive games too.

But I'd still strongly advise modding it.

What's a good price to pay for a xbox with the cables?

If memory serves, he wound up getting busy having write medical papers or something for college, and hasn't made a thread since. Could be wrong though.

50-60 bucks shipped online because it's a beast.
Try looking for one through yard sales, it'll probably be half that through them, but if you're going to mod it, you'll also have to factor in the usb to xbox cable and a new better hard drive.

Bump.

How big is your collection?

Bought some shit during AX.

i bought star fox for the snes

Someone please post that cringy facebook pic of the Top Nep hats to bully this fag

I got these things back from my mom's house that I used to have when I was little. A lot of the games are from rummage sales though so they're a little beat to shit.

At least, that's assuming you got it from their apparent stand (or whatever they were selling at) and didn't buy from a third party reseller, in which case they likely asked for more than it was originally, for Atelier Escha and Logy Plus anyhow.

Even though you give him all that shit you guys are probably gonna run out out and buy 8-4's Nier 2 huh? Meanwhile NISA only helped KT with Escha & Logy because it's not a normal release. That thing will probably be worth quite a bit of money someday. If I were him I'd buy it too.

Nope. Don't have a PS4 anyhow at this point.

I don't so much mind NISA simply just doing distribution (if that was ALL they did they'd probably be an alright company overall, aside from maybe asking too much at times; as it is now, I wish they'd be cut out from distribution as well, and that TK would open their own storefront), and even then they likely don't see nearly as big a cut of the profit that TK does. It's when they actually localize something, translating the script and mucking with the coding to insert it or make changes to content, that it's a big issue, and generally a good idea to wait until after a game's out to buy so you can hear how badly they fucked up beforehand. Also the fact that, with Witch and the Hundred Knight, they wouldn't even fix the original PS3 version, so even if they didn't bug the fuck out of the PS4 one (I'm not sure what the status on that one actually is) they still fucked over people that bought the PS3 version and have effectively given them no solution other than rebuying a game they already have a version of.

Admittedly I can't fault that user much on Escha and Logy Plus (considering NISA didn't handle the translation or code), but buying preowned would be better so NISA doesn't get any of the money (I doubt that TK saw a cent of that copy being sold at this point), if at all feasible. I'm not sure how much Escha and Logy Plus goes for these days, but I do know that Ar Nosurge Plus' physical is going for an assload from resellers, to the annoyance of a few posters I've seen that either didn't want to give NISA any money even for distribution, or weren't aware it was getting a physical release at that time.

No, no and fucking NO. you don't buy a Limited edition used, you either buy it when it's up for pre orders or you get fucked in the ass by resellers.

I never played Witch and the Hundred Knight, but from what I read it sounds like the game was shit before NISA even got their hands on it. They still should've fixed any technical problems they introduced and I'm sure they did, but the game getting a new version was obviously NIS' decision who thought they could do better and get some of that definitive edition money everyone loves.
I still do highly doubt the game breaks PS3's though. It just sounds like it's a crashy piece of shit and some unlucky person credited the game, since it pushed it over the edge, even though it was gonna die anyway. Last generation's failure rate was pathetic (minus Nintendo).

I'm just saying if he, by any chance, found a rare third party seller that wasn't overcharging for it, that's better than NISA having gotten the money, considering it's been a while since that released and I'm not sure if TK and Gust even see any of the money for it at this point (I assume they still would for the PSN version, which NISA gets no cut from). Otherwise NISA likely gets the full money on the sale, however much it is at this point. Though I suppose if someone knows better how a distributor selling a game that's been out for months already at an event like that works out as far as money division goes, I wouldn't mind knowing.

Shit user, nice save, that Mario Paint ad looks nice

user that gave NISA money directly, here. Just gonna confirm that the Escha and Logy+ purchase was directly from NISAs stand.

Yes, that means that I literally gave NISA my money in person. I walked up to their store at the expo and gave them my money.

It happens. Sometimes you have to. They suckered me in with Yomawari limited edition. Hopefully buying that off Amazon cuts into NISA's profits though

I work at a classic game shop and we're in the really fortunate situation of being the farthest one out east on long island. Lots of really amazing stuff comes through the shop, and I'm happy I've gotten a chance to handle a lot of it, play with most of it too. Apart from the steel battalion set (which I got myself) everything pictured is some of the highlights I've either worked on restoring/packing or seen come through the store. The last one is something really cool too.

The exertainment device is for the super nintendo, and has a phone jack like port on one end and on the opposite a slightly smaller one. I wondered if this was actually a standard component for exercise bikes from the early 90s, and wanted to do some research into it, to see if many sorts of older exercise bikes could do the trick.

I think I've seen just the SNES add-on go for like $1000, but I wonder if it's still possible to get results without the official bike.

Kill yourself

That seems like it would be a pretty cool store to check out. My local one gets some cool stuff in but it is very infrequent. And Im at the point where Im really only looking for more obscure stuff and they just dont see much of that.

Glad someone else is in the new england area. Seems like so many anons are out west.