ITT: God tier games

Games that you can still circlejerk over today.

that reminds me

Why normalfags are always here on summer? Isn't halfchan more shilled on Reddit?

I don't know, maybe you should ask yourself.
>>>/gaia/

I liked it, but pretty much just for the tone and the music, everything else about the game was pretty meh.

which is a direct upgrade

That's true for most of the adventure games on the DS. Can't have everything.

Fuck off Zone of the Enders are the only God tier games Kojima ever touched. MGS fans should kill themselves.

Pleb thread.

Did you even play MGS3 my little hipster boi?

What's your god tier game then?

It has five hours of cutscenes.
4h 58m to be precise.

Tanker and Arsenal Gear god tier (20% of the game)

Raiden's Big Shell shit tier. (80% of the game)

You do the math.

This guy has decent taste. I like the SNES one more though.

Yeah and about 15 hours of gameplay

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is god tier too along with Ganbare Goemon 3.

But the actual game takes around 16-19 hours to actually beat. So with the cutscenes, you still have 11-14 hours of a game.

I hate summer.

No god tier game is 1/3 cutscenes.

Your taste is absolute irredeemable shit and everything you say hereon shall be disregarded.

pleb, get on my level.

Did you ever wonder how much time does Deus Ex spends on cut-scenes and dialogues?
You probably should check it up.

Compelling argument.

Deus Ex isn't a god tier game.

Even though I like the MGS games, I agree.
Gameplay should be the main priority.
Also, Opposing Force is pretty fucking good.

you can kill most of those, faggots or end the dialog fast.

Present your god tier game or get out, you cumguzzler.

The camera and occasional frame rate drops can be annoying, but everything else about it is immaculate.

I would say the gameplay is the main focus of mgs, and it does it pretty well. The mechanics are all there and it all works so the cutscenes are just bonus.

You have a point. Hell, the only redeeming factor from Phantom Pain was the gameplay.

I kind of just wish mgs4 has more game to it, or some vr missions or somthing. I loved the game part of mgs4, but there was only like 3 hours of it.

git gud scrub

So everyone loves the witcher but i find it shit. What do?

That game is god tier too, but you best not be discrediting Starring Goemon.

The Witcher is shit though user. You don't have to do anything.

Superior Heavy Iron game coming through. Battle for Bikini Bottom is good but this is an actual god tier video game.

I'm enjoying the witcher 3 but i'm trying to get through the first one and it's getting increasingly difficult.

I liked the one with the book better.

Greatest sports game of all time.

everytime.

people only play it for the story, so you should just stop playing and work on your backlog.

But gameplay literally is the main priority in MGS games mate, what the fuck are you talking about. There is more gameplay in every single one of them, with the only exception being MGS 4 - and nobody says that one is a god tier game.

Peace Walker for example has about 100 hours of gameplay and very little cutscenes at all.

ITT: My favourite vidya
How about you post a REAL god tier game?

Ghost Trick, 999 and the better Ace Attorney cases had much more engaging mystery plots to them.

Ghost Trick also had much better game play while the interrogation parts in Hotel Dusk just felt like an oversimplified version of Ace Attorney's cross-examinations.

Just keep on shitposting you fucking literal hipster.

Everyday we get more crossposters

Have to agree with Silent Hill 2. Fantastic game. Sure, it is a cinematic game but at least it does it right.

The first ZOE is complete dogshit

Dude that's drone speaking right there. You can't just assume everyone here likes a series that you like. It just suggests that you haven't tried venturing much outside of the threads which were dedicated to said series.

Hotel Dusk has far better characters and atmosphere. Ace Attorney games in particular have some incredibly poor middle filler cases. And personally I find that the less serious nature of AA games and the more over the top anime style of 999 can't compete with the style/atmosphere/whatever that Hotel Dusk has.

Debateable and irrelevant to gameplay. I liked those games but the plots were just as silly as HD. 999 was fun, but the timetravel+magical loli was nothing to write home about.
Haven't played Ghost Trick. Cross-examinations in aa are piss easy, too. I can see that it's a tiny tad more complex, but my mainpoint still stands.
All those games have rather simple gameplay and without the story+atmosphere, no one would play them.
What's great about Ghost Trick, user? Motivate me to pick it up.

If you haven't seen any of the Holla Forums's favorite games infographs by now you don't belong on imageboards. Next thing you'll say is that Holla Forums doesn't love STALKER, EYE or Deus Ex.

I don't think you can read english
That was some good smug i had going after it came out.

It's unfinished but as far as content goes there's a lot of it. Not much story though which is a bummer for some, but gameplay wise what's there is solid as fuck.

I don't think some of you understand what the word SHIT means. Lots of great games are flawed as hell. This
game is a prime example of that but it's still top tier. Pic related is a SHIT game. I'm certainly not implying MGSV is god tier, it's certainly not, but it's not a SHIT game either.

truth

you don't understand user. If it's not the unicorn of perfection than the game is shit.

Checked.
Also Great Gonzalez is best chapter.

Characters and atmosphere is nice but it's second to good plot and gameplay in a mystery game. As a side note though I liked that Hotel Dusk avoided having any paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi elements to it, but again that's of lesser important compared to the stuff the other titles did.

It's not so much how silly it is, but generally more important that a mystery plot engages you, makes you ask questions, and when you find the answers, that they make sense and were sufficiently foreshadowed.

Hotel Dusk was just really lacking on that front, I spent most of the game expecting things to pick up and it never did.

Also the interrogations in Hotel Dusk were simplisitic to the point you didn't even need to follow what was going on, you just had to press that hand whenever it showed up and backpedal if the guy you talked to turned a shade of red. AA cross-examinations actually required you to follow the mystery enough to spot the contradictions.

It's legitimately the best mystery/adventure game on the DS. You're best off going in knowing as little as possible so I'm not going to say anymore.

Just because a shit load of people liked the series enough to put them on such an image doesn't mean an absence or lack of people who think otherwise. Again this is how fanboys think. Defend the series by talking about the series, don't say "you've got to like them because everyone here likes them".

Too bad there's practically no one to circle jerk work.

The few times people talk about the JSR series its almost always about Jet Grind Radio, not Jet Set Radio Future.

circle jerk with*

Alright tell me WHY they're not good games. The burden of proof is on you to tell us why it's shit. Nobody's going to take you seriously until that happens.

DooPliss worst chapter

best scenario

Operation 006

Well I don't really think they're bad, I was just criticising the over-defensive fanboyism.

Though having said that I never really got the fuss over the series, I prefer my stealth games to be first-person like Thief.

So just Thief? Most stealth games are third-person. I don't think a majority of people praise Metal Gear for being good stealth games, outside of MG2.

DMC3, Godhand, and F.E.A.R

pic is Metal Gear ….

Razorfist go home

My personal selection of some of my faves.

Note: I actually personally enjoy KotOR 1 more, but with the restoration patch and the improvements and narrative complexity of KotOR 2, I think it has to take the prize as being the superior of the two games.

Note 2: ME1's gameplay is shit. But since I included PS:T, I think you can guess that I don't care if the action is shit so long as the universe/story/characters are good.

ME1's combat system gets better the more you play of it.
It's like a game version of Stockholm Syndrome.
Crouching or standing by walls initiates cover and the level of customization with the guns and powers is impressive.
Enemies actually use the same skills that are available to you and therefore influence decision making (like targeting biotics or engineers first)

By the way, how did you feel about Alpha Protocol?

My legs are OK

Raziel… you are worthy

God, Mass Effect was fucking great. 2 felt like it took one step forward and two steps backs.