Erwin Rommel

Did Rommel ever do anything wrong?

I've recently been reading of him and his life, and few other individuals have I ever seen with such disagreement around what he actually did or thought, though most of the things I have read are often from (((kosher))) sources.

Can anyone enlighten me on Rommel?

Other urls found in this thread:

sabaton.net/discography/ghost-division-lyrics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was "the good guy that had to nazi for political purposes" becouse Montgomery liked him.
sage

And what of involvement in the July 20th plot then?
All evidence I've seen appears inconclusive.

You mean besides losing in Africa and disobeying orders?

This is actually a good thread.
I keep a list of topics as I do research that I want to gain information on, and Holla Forumslacks are usually a good source.

Elaborate? All I've ever hear was that he was a good goy on the wrong side.

SOLD OUT TO THE MASONS

Good general honorable guy was involved or complacent with the German monarchist plot to kill hitler and restore the empire.

Pretty much what I know about him.
My grandfather actually met him (he was a captured British soldier).

Well it wasn't entirely his fault him failing in Africa, he was underequipped and outnumbered, yet the allies had a really hard time taking him out, he would have most likely succeeded in North Africa if he received two more panzer divisions

Interesting, what is the story?

Not only does any Rommel thread deserve a Ghost Division video, but it's also the 77th anniversary of their action in Belgium and France, under Rommel's command, that earned them their name. Notably, this was the first time Rommel had commanded a panzer unit, which he was only able to obtain via Hitler's direct intervention that allowed him to skip a rank and thereby obtain the command of the 7th Panzer Division over more senior officers. What an illustrious first performance.

sabaton.net/discography/ghost-division-lyrics/

TELL THE STORY, NIGGER

Can you elaborate?

lol, sabaton is perhaps the most cucked metal band to walk the earth currently.

sage before we derail this into a music thread

Come on now, you can't simply tell us that and not the story with it.

Okay, but the story probably isn't quite as interesting as you think.
Basically after my Grandfather was captured at Tobruk, he was taken to a POW camp. At one point Rommel came by to inspect the camp and he actually asked some of the prisoners if they were being treated well. My Grandpa was among them.
My Grandpa always said that the Germans were very humane captors, and he was a problem prisoner (escaped three times). He didn't like the Italians though.

thank you user.

At one point he was given direct orders from Hitler not to give ground and fight to death if necessary. He retreated. Normally this would be the end of any officer's career, but Hitler couldn't risk making an unpopular move with morale as low as it was, so he played along like he was a hero. Alliedfags like to suck Rommel's cock even though he he was a coward and produced many defeats.

You obviously have no clue how tactics work.
It would have done jack shit for Germany, Hitler was an idiot who didnt know when to retreat. So he didnt.

He gave the same "fight to the death" order on soldiers he made wear summer clothes in negative degree weather, with no food and little ammunition. Its not cowardice to retreat at that point. Its survival. I find it hard to believe how casually you say "he didnt fight to the death, so hes a coward" when troops being alive and used for a better cause (like invading stalingrad, which is where they put them), is obviously the best use of resources.

You obviously have no clue how the chain of command works.

Rommel was undoubtedly a very skilled panzer commander. Its difficult to pinpoint his flaws exactly. His loss of Africa was largely due to him being unable to convince Hitler of the strategic importance of the African campaign, as such he was consistently underequipped against Montgomery.
Another downside was his rather unfortunate tendency to blame the Italians whenever he did mess up.

The positive treatment he always seems to get from kosher sources should tell you most of what you need to know.

Good short story user

It's not like Italians were splendid warriors, either. They hold the record for the largest amount of military fuck-ups in the entire 20th century, if you ask me.

noice.

Good commander, but had globalist allegiances. Ended getting rightfully executed for treason, probably was complicit with systematical sabotage of the German army's supplies in Africa (which happened, but on much lower scale than what happened to the Italian army, who's country was never as united as Germany and was packed with globalist traitors, chiefly in it's Royal house - Rommel was entirely aware how the italian army was internally sabotaged, speaking out about it which is very suspicious) he was also probably entirely compromised in his actions in Normandy, offering fake resistance.

He is probably not an "overhyped" general, considering he had a good record before the war, but was entirely treasonous that is why he is regarded in such high respect even by the allies, not because of his "prussian manners" (which may have fooled even the germans).

I can't remember where I read it, but I think it may have been an account by Leon Degrelle ? (although when would he have been serving with the Italians ?)

But the basic problem outlined in this account was that the Italian soldiers were some of the best around, and their officers were the absolute worst. The Italian officer corps was the most incompetent group of people in the entire war. Their military strategy was practically non-existent, they were incapable of managing their supplies and unable to co-ordinate anything above the squad level.

Well, there you have it. An army is only as good as its commanders. Even if your soldiers are a bunch of toughest, meanest, snake-eating motherfuckers the world has ever seen, they are still cannon fodder if you cannot direct them.

Well, it's not exactly an earth-shattering insight. The same was said about the Brits in WW1 ("lions led by sheep").