DEFEND THIS

DEFEND THIS

YES I'M FUCKING MAD

AFTER 8 FUCKING YEARS I WILL BE SWITCHING TO NVIDIA BECAUSE ONE SHIT EATING PAJEET MANAGED TO DESTROY A COMPANY IN ORDER TO MAKE IT AN ACQUISITION TARGET

CALL ME A SHILL

GO ON

SEE IF I GIVE A SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/25.html
archive.is/wy8PH
community.amd.com/thread/202410
imgur.com/gallery/4o2pv
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/6.html
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125802
wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/
modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/
zdnet.com/article/warning-nvidia-196-75-drivers-can-kill-your-graphics-card/
reuters.com/article/us-canada-court-bestiality-idUSKCN0YV1QX
tomshardware.com/answers/id-2558983/motherboard-caught-fire.html
techreport.com/review/21404/crysis-2-tessellation-too-much-of-a-good-thing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the 480's benchmarks are fucking hilarious.

nice thread man but i think you gotta check on a-somma deez dubbie wubbies i'm dishin out bruh smh tbh fam

Can your source be trusted first of all? Hope it's not one of those Nvidia shills. If not then it sucks cause I was looking forward to the 480

>b-but muh API muh Vulkan

Look at the actual numbers of that chart instead of the bars. It's fucking nothing.

Chart starts at .8 guy

I just buy what is cheap and reliable. Fuck brand loyalty.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/25.html

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

THE CHIP IS 80% LESS POWER EFFICIENT THAN THAN GTX

THIS WAS DONE ON PURPOSE TO DESTROY THE COMPANY FOR THE SAKE OF INTEL AND MICROSOFT

NUKE THE FUCKING INDIA

KILL ALL SHIT EATING PAJEETS

WORTHLESS SUBHUMAN SCUM

What is the metric for this graph, even?

Also,
Is that a big deal?

Literally who cares
Literally who cares

Why are you guys so angry that they're making something for people on a budget?

Because in 3-4 months the 980 and 970's are going to be pretty low.

I mean Sheeeeit the 970 is already going for around 230 buckareedoos.

and I think it outperforms the R480

dude i don't understand why people didn't see this coming the card will ONLY work well with games made with the Vulkan API

i really don't like what pc gaming is turning into. you have AMD pulling this shit

MS trying to make a closed off system that is pretty emulating Xbone games on your pc.

nvidia paying devs to make effects in their games that only run on their cards.

shit is fucked.

WHEN THAT SHIT FRIES YOUR PCIE YOU WON'T HAVE A FUCKING BUDGET YOU DOUBLE NIGGER

THIS IS A DELIBERATE ACT OF INDUSTRIAL SABOTAGE

THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER LET WOMEN RUN YOUR COMPANIES

THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER EMPLOY INDIANS WHO HATE WHITE PEOPLE

THIS SHIT WILL OPEN AMD TO CLASS ACTION BECAUSE 480 IS NOT PCIE COMPLIANT AND CAN LITERALLY MELT YOUR MOTHERBOARD

I'm not fond of AMD, but this is dishonest as fuck.

Does your favourite game happen to be Ashes of the Singularity, my AMDrone friend?

Can it really, or are you exaggerating due to anger?

The market needs more competition but it's an expensive business to get into

What the fuck are you even talking about

Why? It's clearly just showing how much faster the 1060 is than the 480, since the 480 is the baseline being compared against.
It's just a fancy way of showing that it performs 15% faster.

I understand your frustration.

HAVE YOU UNEDUCATED FUCKS EVER HEARD OF RELATIVE PERFORMANCE METRIC?!

I'm becoming depressed guys.

I'm bipolar a bit, and this is really not fucking good.

Once you become an adult you only buy nvidia and intel because the difference of a couple hundred dollars is no longer significant.

Screaming like a child isn't going to do much. Provide sources.

Provide sources on how graphs work?

Are we in a nvidia shill thread?
It feels like it.

shhhh… i'm done screaming. i'm in a down phase already. i want to die now.

no, you're not but you faggots will be in nvidia hell really fucking soon, when the cheapest gpu is around $500 because one indian tried to hand over the company to intel

Fuck you you stupid piece of shit, I'm so damn tired of middleschool dropouts complaining about any graph that isn't completely linear and starting at 0. Every fucking time some graph gets posted that isn't encountered in elementary school, some mongoloid spouts idiocies. Same thing with logarithmic scales, every single time.

Yes I'm triggered.

Unconfirmed rumours that new AMD cards may not follow PCI-E specs and can damage your PC. There's no confirmation so far as far as I know so for now they're just rumours.

Depends on how your pc is built, like the cooling and piece placement and whatnot, but it is possible.

In the business, that's what we call a first and last mistake.

=OY=

So you are just stealth nvidia shill ?

Anything that isn't an AMDrone is an Nvidia shill to you faggots so fire away, ain't working on me.

We are.

…I'm a disgrace…

they pull more power from the PCI-E port than the spec allows it was done to cut cost

(rumor)

Energy efficiency doesn't matter all that much, unless you are running your graphics card at 100% power 24/7 then the difference can be counted in pennies. 10% is nothing.

I FIXED THE GRAPH SO YOU DUMBASSES CAN STOP WHINING

Nvidia is evil and staffed by satan!
you're a shill for implying AMD isn't perfect in every way!
Nvidia is for cucks and morons! ha! I bet you feel stupid now!

this is an actual argument based on other arguments for AMD I have seen

Considering you are spreading unsubstantiated rumours. Defend deliberately misleading graphs and behave as if AMD card being a bit slower and more power hungry that nvidia was any fucking surprise yes.

Also considering that apparently AMD is now unusable whose graphics cards am i supposed to buy ? becuse it's pretty obvious there are only two choices at this point

Nvidia had good cards previous gen but unless you need the 1080, AMD is basically the same but cheaper.

it makes no fucking difference you retard
if you look at the numbers, you would soon realize
it has no meaning as it's not associated with anything

Are you sure?

Reminder that in scientific experiments that a difference of

I'm staying AMD thank you, energy is so cheap even if it was a 300% improvement I'd have a better time just buying 2 RX 480s and paying an extra dollar a year in the energy bill for better performance at the same price.

>Reminder that in scientific experiments that a difference of

As a research scientist I'm going to tell you to fuck off.

Are you retarded?
Did you finish middle school?

Nigga what the fuck is that graph?
Also the point of the 480 was cost efficiency, not power efficiency, nor raw performance. The whole point was a decent card at a dirt cheap price.

a research scientist in what, bullshit?
psychology?

please.

user asked, I answered, even clearly stating it was an unconfirmed rumour, your butt is just chafed because you're extremely partial.

There are no misleading graphs, the numbers are clearly marked and the scale is linear so drooling retards can understand it. If you can't read a graph that's your problem.

How much is AMD paying you?

News to me.

I'm talking about the P value you nonce.
Research in nanomedicine.

For all of you fuckers claiming I'm a shill, I want you to take a look at pic related.

I'm running AMD 7790 on Linux. How many of you fuckers can claim the same?

stephnie is very pretty, feel free to post more of her

alright i'll give you that.
units are important, friend.

Really good reference.

Such a great deal when they both cost the sam-

But since you can buy 2 RX 480s instead of a GTX1060, the choice is obvious.

Ehehehe, how are you boys ever going to attract one of those fine e-sport gamer girls if you insist on using sub par equipment !

But dont worry, i got a solution for you right here….

Just remember the next time your shopping for some fine computer products "Nvidia The Way It's Meant To Be Played™"

I think Nvidia should hire me to make their charts.

The 1060 is not the 1080.

That would imply Crossfire is worth a damn. Not like it matters anyways since a single 480 is more than enough what with most video games being designed to run on 7 year old hardware. 4 year old if we're talking about the yet to come out updated consoles.

Now that's a good graph.

I figured it'd be fine if I generalised at least on here.
Anyway I appreciate your intentions friend.

Marketing teams would line up at your doors to hire you.

posted in the wrong thread. This happens every once in a while when I have several threads open.

Are you retarded?
what's the difference to 0.9 and 1?
If gtx 1060 is at "1" and the rx 480 is at "8", does that mean the 1060 is 20% faster than the 480? If it does, then a graph wouldn't use numbers because it would use percentages instead.

whatever mans

looking to get a 1070 later this year.
just hope that amd zen cores aren't complete shit(hearing its pretty much close to doubling what the fx 8350 is which is what im currently running), cause intel can suck a dick

No, that would make the 480 800% faster than the 1060.

There are no good games that require a video card like this.

Enjoy wasting money.

fugg i meant "1" and "0.8"
but I still dream of the 480 being 800% faster than the 1060

The RX 480 and 970 are roughly the same in performance.

>>>Holla Forums

It's a video game board, retard.

Well, it's a video game board. How many of us do you think regularly perform GPU computing?

10/10 thread

I bet you bought a razer mouse too.

Fucking pathetic

Ah, now that's slick.

Just thrown together with gnuplot. R is supposed to be better, but I can't be assed to learn the language.

What are you talking about? Electricity is expensive as fuck.
My monthly bill is over $800.

What the fuck are you doing with your electricity that costs $800 a month?

you need less refrigerators.

Nigga what?

well, for the rest of us who don't have an illegal marijuana growing operation, it's usually much more manageable than that.

How many dead bodies do you keep frozen?

Gee billy why do your mother let you have 2 air conditioners?

How's the weather in Caracas?

O N T A R I O

We produce more electricity than we use, PAY other provinces and states to take the excess, then subsidize Samsung to build more wind turbines in illegal places.

I can't hear you over the sound of playing games at non shit frame rates.

I run one near 24/7 and it runs my bill $10-$20 higher than if I'd just use a fan

I have no idea what the fuck that nigger's doing

It's still that expensive in winter, by the way, when I'm using gas heating and not AC.

What in the actual fuck ?

Well shit, thats even more fucked

sounds pretty cucked tbh fam

I'm not a business major but shouldn't they be paying you to get your excess electricity?

Ontario is the most cucked part of Canada too. Our Premier is a lesbian who helped out on Trudeau's campaign.
She's also as corrupt as Hillary, complete with purely accidental hard drive wipes.

america needs to invade canada already

Basically the card can draw over 200w but it only has a single 6 pin connector, the PCIe port can sustain up to 75w (theoretically but a good mobo will handle 100w like nothing), the 6 pin connector can deal with an additional 125w. so whenever it goes over 200w your PCIe port has to deal with the increased power draw,

But seeing as right now the only model that has been tested is the reference card we don't know if 3rd party cards aren't gonna include an 8pin or two 6 pin connector for power, it also doesn't seem to matter all that much since the site I usually go to has overclocked the reference card past the Uber profile with no adverse effect during their tests.

Relative performance without any other data like price can be very misleading OP.

I highly doubt it will has 15% better real world performance and even then, the faggots who got suckered into Windows 10 will probably be the ones who get close to that.
The article that graph is from only guesses at the MSRP which is somewhere between $239-$279.

Lets say the final price for this NIVIDIA card MSRP price is like $259.
I don't know about paying almost 23% more for a card that just might perform 10-15% better if I'm lucky. And if the final MSRP near $279 or more, fuck that shit.

In short, you're an overreacting faggot.

Why'd the fuck did I put price 3 times? I blame OP's autism

shills some shit from a rumors TMZ tier hardware site

archive.is/wy8PH

OP can you please hang yourself ?

so, just yesterday i saw a review of the rx 480, singing its praises because it was apparently good value for $200; not the most powerful card, but the best value

how much does the other one cost?

Some third parties have thrown an 8-pin replacement, such as the Sapphire 480.

oops sorry.

If you live anywhere cold, the electricity consumption is just heat output. All electric heaters have pretty much the same near-100% efficiency. Probably 50% more expensive than using a gas heater but its still not too bad.

The rumors are $249 for a 3GB version and $299 for a 6GB version optimistically, and $300 for the 3GB worst case.

Though tbh fam Nvidia has supply issues and can't make enough GPUs. There's not going to be any GTX 1060s for you to buy for months.

This is marketing. Nvidia is going to release a $300 card, say it's faster than 480, call 480 a failure, and then make GTX 1060 impossible to buy, just like 1070 and 1080 are.

The whole purpose of this marketing move is to get people to stop buying 480s. And Nvidia should be worried, AMD shipped 1,000 of them to ocuk and they sold out within minutes. Nvidia's shipment of 1070s and 1080s is about 1/20th of that.

There are already shills making arguments that 480 "sucks" because it doesn't beat GTX 980 Ti.

The reference designs always run hot and loud. The third party ones are going to be a really good value.

I don't even know on what level(s) you're fucking up. Are you being exploited to pay that price? Do you use too much electricity? How is it even possible to use enough electricity to cost that much?

Go back to fucking school you nigger-tier mongoloids. Graphs don't always start at 0.

However, this graph is more honest (read: the OP graph is for shilling) because it shows there is a tiny difference.

PROVE IT YOU FUCKING SHILLS

AMD is the king of prices once again. Higher power usage (who fucking cares), marginally lower performance, but yuuuge savings and you avoid fucking Nvidia

If anyone here really doesn't like AMD, I hope you prepare for an Nvidia-only world, where you can experience all the fun of a monopoly with high prices, stagnation, and contempt for consumer. OP, I hope you enjoy it, you fucking kike.

HAHAHAHAHAHA NOPE
FUCK YOU SHILL

No shit I'm being exploited. I'm being exploited in every way possible; pic related is my internet plan.
Ontario is a fucking terrible place.

I thought you made this thread to bit about who ridiculously zoomed in this graph is, but then I see you going on a rant about some other shit. What the fuck are you talking about?

and I thought paying $50 a month was a bit much.

Holy fucking shit that's bad.

Must be great living in glorious Canada. How's Trudeau? :^)
Come to the US before God Emporer Trump tightens up our immigration

How the fuck do people pay for anything up there?
Does everyone make $20/hr minimum or something?

even Australians pay less for that with twice the speed.

that is pretty fucking shit mate. Maybe Canada should bomb Ontario and annex the surrounding area until the fallout thoroughly purges the area of life. I hope you use a VPN when you pirate shit.

EVERY SEMI-EDUCATED PERSON IN THIS THREAD NEEDS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LOOK AT THIS POST

OP IS A MASSIVE COCKSUCKER WHO HAS BEEN COMPLETELY DUPED BY JEWISH MARKETING STATISTICIANS AND SHOULD HAVE HIS ARMS, LEGS, AND TORSO SLICED OPEN LENGTH-WISE BEFORE BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE STREETS BY A NOOSE TIED TO A FLAMING TRUCK FOR BEING THIS UTTERLY RETARDED AND GAY

And in a few months, I'll be able to have 60x this speed for $50 a month. Why do you live in a shithole? Literally just leave.

so when is this shit comming out? I'm tired of waiting for these things to come out, I really need to upgrade soon

I intend to. I need to figure out where to do my Masters/PhD, and I'll be looking south of the border if I can.

If he can't make it to burgerland, syrupanon could always try Flipland after Rodrigo "Sell the drugs, get the slugs" Duterte aka President Punisher purges the islands of drug pushers and crime with his death squads.

Nigga you what

That doesn't make any goddamn sense

move to the state with the most freedom in guns, because honestly, if your guns are free, your country is just as free as your guns

You're ripping yourself off tbh.

Jesus christ.

The power supply needed is 150W and it feature real 4gb, while costing $200.
GTX 1060 will only be better if it cost $200, but obviously it wont.

Holy fuck.

I've seen less Judaism in a Tel Aviv synagogue. Get out of that maple hellhole, canuck.

I have fibre op in butt fuck nowhere in canada. I download at 8 megs per second and I pay 50 a month. Live in rural eastern canada too.

Who cares. Most people are too poor to buy them anyway.

I actually pay $180 for bumfuck nowhere california cable internet.

How you could possibly get worse than that astonishes me.

forgot to sage shitty (((brand x))) vs (((brand y))) thread.

Maybe he lives in a town of 5 people at the extreme north of the province? It's all I can think of.

There's fibre only five or ten km away, but they aren't bringing it down my road yet. So I'm stuck with a wireless connection to an antenna on a nearby grain silo which in turn has another wireless connection to the larger company the ISP buys the service from.

at least it's not a IQ chart sperguing

THANK YOU TRUDEAU! PLEASE LET MORE SAND NIGGERS INTO OUR COUNTRY AND RUIN OUR ECONOMY EVEN MORE!!!!!

Why hasn't anyone kickstarted a decent internet service provider for Canada/Australia yet?

my nigga

it's ok though, you can read charts! You're a tech wizard! I bet your mom asks you to fix her computer all the time!

community.amd.com/thread/202410

kek i pay $90AUD ($65usd) a month for 100mbit in AUSTRALIA

Where did I say I believed it?

GUYS I JUST FOUND THE REAL BENCHMARK

AMD CONFIRMED BTFO

amdpoorfags fucking rekt again
R E K T
E
K
T

It's silly that you guys think that AMD intentionally made a shit card. It's not even shit. It's not as good compared to the 1060, but that's just how competition works. Each are at a constant battle to release the better product. Nvidia just came out ahead this time with a new technology. AMD will do the same in the future and you fags will have the same reaction to that as you are right now.

Indiana's got some of the laxest gun laws in the union

Stay out of methhead towns (and I do mean towns of methheads, those fucking cockroaches eat a community out from the inside while pissing and moaning about how hard they have it and how unfairly they're being treated when they're caught) and you're golden, really.

The best part about your rage is that it apparently costs twice as much in India than anywhere else

my shit is $30 - 40 living alone is so fucking dope everything is off when im gone.

Will it cost less than $50k ?

The problem with it consuming more power is that it means the cards won't overclock as well. More available power = better overclock = better performance.

The reference PCB of the GTX 1070 only needs a single 8-pin power connector, but if a board partner were to create a custom PCB with VRMs that could support TWO 8-pin power connectors, that card could get some insane overclocks in, which of course equals great performance.

The additional power consumption also creates additional heat, another bane against overclocking the cards. So the RX 480 not only consumes more electricity, giving it less room for overclocking, also generates more heat than necessary, leading to it thermal throtting sooner than the Pascal video cards.

Did you live in a methhead town user? It sounds like you're speaking from experience

Why? That's just encouraging software devs to be lazy.

Yep. AMD, as usual, wins on great price, overall reliability and quality, and fairness to the consumer (Nvidiafags' buttholes are still sore from the 3.5 VRAM ass pegging). If you want THE BEST graphics ever, aka you only play the absolute newest AAA unoptimized cinematic unfinished DLC muh realism disasterfucks, on ultra settings which barely look different from high settings, then yes, I guess you'll prefer Nvidia's high end card, but frankly you should just fucking hang yourself for being such a AAA graphix faggot. Nvidia's only claim to power are it's ultra highend AAA destroyer cards, partly because they pay AAA devs to use their exclusive proprietary horseshit, and their ultra jewish shilling (The NIDF if you will). Their prices and anti-consumerism is cause for boycott. (Don't expect Total Asscancer, the "advocate for the consumer", to say this. He bought the GTX Titan meme like a good goy. Fucking faggot.)
Frankly, I got a R9 290 Tri-X, overclocked it a bit because Sapphire's AMD cards are the best and have good OC ability, and I rarely use all that power. Card will last 3 more years comfortably, likely more.

good job

And as it turns out the RX 480 is a great card and with AIB cards will likely see 1500MHz on the core clock, some reports of it being upwards of 1700MHz which would be it WELL above the Fury X and 980 Ti for $239 FUCKING dollars.

Even if the limit for most cards is 1400MHz~ (it won't be) that still puts it between a GTX 980 and an R9 Nano for under TWO HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS.

The reference card is shit (as with all reference GPUs) but the RX 480 reference is like a gimped GPU.

The GTX 1060 won't be widely available until fucking OCTOBER at least.
Likely the same with the GTX 1080/1070 as the paper launch of those cards is so bad that the RX 480 has outsold both the cards in two days what the GTX 1080/1070 sold since it's launch.

If you expect anything more than a paperlaunch from the GTX 1060 good-fucking-luck

I guarantee OC vs. OC the RX 480 AIB vs. RX 480 GTX 1060 will kick Nvidia's shit in.
GCN OC's scale like a mother fucker.

tl;dr - Buy RX 480 AIB cards, GTX 1060 won't see a hard launch until much later in the year

typical AMDPOORFAGs always post this gay-ass denial 24/7. If anything, without AMD bumbling around incompetently Nvidia won't have to spend as much on marketing, and as such will be able to spend more on R&D for new chips. AMD's very existence is holding technology back.
better hold back before AMDPOORFAGs blow their heads off in shame

Where the fuck do you live?
I pay $40 a month for 90/50 from Rogers, and that's BASIC.

Rural area, not far from London. It's agonizing to have family within half an hour that can get the same speed for 1/15 the price.

Agreed. I'm not a "fanboy" of AMD, I just can't stand to see a monopoly.
God help PC gaming if Nvidia gets a monopoly on the market.

I mean have the prices of the GTX 980 EVER seen a price drop ?
Fucking ridiculous honestly they always seem to be at least $500.

I remember when I first built my computer 6+ years ago, the Nvidia prices were insane even back then which is why I went with AMD, in fact I was even going to get an AMD processor until I got conned into buying an Intel one.

For what purpose?

1 what? its .2 improved of what? 15% improvement of what exactly, and compared to what?

seriously these marketing graphs are fucking retarded as the intel shill who's panic crying into his airsick bag. Seriously this guy must be desperate because he's pulling out all the stops including spreading unsubstantiated rumors about system failures.

How can one person be so wrong and yet so close to being right?

This some bullshit diaper fetish? Get the fuck outta here, man!

>>>/sjw/

bunny hop for me baby.

Is that what you call metallic diaper fetish?

sheeeeeiiitt, I'm having trouble keeping up with these new age fetishes. Now I know I'm getting too old.

b-b-but muh zen
I honestly hope it's good

Literally zero problems with a Phenom II.

I've never not seen a graphics card thread turn into total brand loyalty faggotry. This shit is actually worse than console wars, because you are no longer a stupid 10 year old arguing, you are grown ass men SERIOUSLY arguing about this stupid shit, god damn.

>>>/clang/

have fun

the fuck are you talking about it's a mech
that metal sheet is apart of it

That don't make no damn sense. Why would you fuck a tank?

It looks like a diaper, you need to get your eyes checked.

because you brains wiring is all fucked up. how else can someone sexualize being eaten and digested.

if you like 3rd rate cpus.

holy fuck, you guys are fucking stupid and don't know how to read graphs
obviously the 480 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better from a price:performance perspective

CPUs that last years and years without needing an upgrade are 3rd rate?

They have a thread for robots with dicks if you prefer, you fucking homosexual.

It's not the tits and pussy part that confuses me, it's the tits and pussy on a robot.

Because to provide internet you need the other large internet corporations to cooperate with you

which they won't

Source on price of the 1060?
If it's $250 or less AMD is in real trouble.

And make it double.

Like my digits.

I fucking live in the third world and I get 100mbs download for like 70 Canadian bucks.

WTF are you doing there in Canuckistan?

The only thing worth a fuck from AMD, is their CPUs. That's it. Nothing else they manufacture is of value.

Their GPUs were shit since the days of ATI, and they're shit in the modern day.

Because corporations are assholes
For example, look at this guy getting sued out the asshole and back because he posted videos about how to repair Apple products (bypassing their overpriced service to do so)

imgur.com/gallery/4o2pv

Uh, user, AMD's GPUs have historically been better than their CPUs, that's always been their shtick.

Guys, come on, there’s just NO contest at all. In fact, we should change red text to green text to show the obvious superiority of nVidia™®©

I mean, just look at how long and thick nVidia's bars are.

What about the Jew metrics?

We don’t talk about that, goyim. You have been registered.
You have been registered.

NVIDIA WON IN PERFORMANCE & POWER EFFICIENCY

AMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Damn son, u fo reel

Read the chart again user, Nvidia won by Niggers and not by power efficiency, and by a hole very much.

And?
You want it to start at 1 so there is no AMD bar?

Do you guys ever just get tired of consent shit flinging

miss the thread a few days ago?

Nigga, I upgraded to AMD like 3 years ago and currently can't see a significant performance/dollar boost (according to Futuremark) option unless I spend around $500 for new cpu/ram/mobo.

Nicely done

Canada is fucked m8. There are these things called crown corporations fancy name for communism There are two provinces with big telecommunications corn corps, in these provinces the big national providers have to lower their prices to compete. Basically crown corps have final say when it comes to competitors, get huge deductions/write-offs and can do pretty much anything, see . Ontario Energy is a crown corp.

You have to go back .. TO CHECKING THEM DUBS!!

Fun fact user, vowel sounds also get the 'an' treatment~ R makes an 'ar' sound

But text doesn't make any sound

Don't be an autist.

I'm in your sister's bedroom, that's where I think we are.

Nvidia fanboys, help me out here.

I have a budget of ~250 for a video card. In about two weeks, I am going to buy the Sapphire aftermarket card. That is, an 8 pin card with actually decent fans.

Please, spout your memes at me as hard as you fucking can on how it can possibly be a bad decision. For the retards in the audience, note than the 8 pin thing will fix the power issues it has.

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/6.html

20%? More like 100% more performance. Anno 2205 renders at 59 fps at 1080p on a 1070, but only 31 fps on the 480. This isn't an anomaly either, at 900x1600 it's 38 vs 71. At 1440 it's 23 vs 44. And at 4K it's 21 vs 37.

That's not a 20% margin of difference, that's nearly 100%. And that's just one fucking game. For Assassin's Creed the numbers are more like a 50-66% increase. In Battlefield 3 the numbers start somewhat close at 900, but they quickly separate and it goes from a 40fps difference to a 75 fps difference at 1080p, and then it becomes almost double at 1440 and 4K. And this isn't the 1080 either, this is comparing the 1070 which is NOTICEABLY weaker than the 1080 by design. The 1080 is so strong that if it were to be compared to the 480 it would make the bar charts like comparing a grain of rice to a chow mein noodle.

So when your 20% number is shot to shit, I guess the next step up is to claim sabotage by NVidia, right?

Both of them will be really expensive here in Europe…

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125802

No memes, but yeah, newegg has this little gem. It's a 4GB 960, it's good and it changed my FPS in Dark Souls 3 from 20 fps to 60 fps so that I could actually play the fuckin game. And it's $250 like you quote.

No memes, just dreams.

Great advice. No memes, just dreams from an Nvidiot.

Jesus Christ
1060 doesnt even have benchmarks yet

The 480 is significantly faster no matter how you measure it. Assuming the 8 pin 480 has no surprise problems, it should be an objectively better choice.

Yeah, you're right, the 480 does outperform the 960. And I knew that before I bought the 960. On the other hand, I can actually get some drivers for my video card.

You are right, who needs homes anyway.

Please find me a source of an NVidia house fire ever happening. Not some guy fucking around intentionally redlining a video card to test its limitations, an actual house fire. Oh you can't find one? Yeah, okay then.

He DID say Ontario.

you have no argument and are acting like a retard to pretend you do.

you got asked a legitimate question, and cannot provide an answer.

It burns so many houses not even ashes remain, the perfect crime.

ok
wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/
modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/
zdnet.com/article/warning-nvidia-196-75-drivers-can-kill-your-graphics-card/

well, I'll get 1070, but I believe the idea is that two RX 480s is roughly equal, and a lot cheaper than 1080

cry more AMDcuck

And I thought my country had awful bills. I do think my neighbours are stealing electricity from here tho. Bills are a bit bigger than they should be.

Nvidia never burned down any houses. But it did burn the morning eggs when using your GTX 480 to make your morning breakfast.

Nvidia also made literal ovens.

Imagine paying over $150 more for ~15% better performance.

Read the second post you replied to again nigger: he's not saying "muh graff doesnt start at 0!!!11!", he's saying the scale makes this look way more serious than it actually is. OP's overreaction is completely unjustified.

If anyone's answer to the question "Which should I buy?" is anything but this, they should fuck right off back to facebook with the rest of the plebs. Only people with an excuse are Linuxfags who have to deal with driver issues.

The problem is that crossfire really doesn't work well. Unless you have extra money and are just fucking around with technology, high end Nvidia cards are better than 2x 480s except in very specific circumstances.

People need to accept that the 480 is simply the best budget card around by far and nothing more or less. No need for people to go "b-but muh crossfire means it is better than the 1080!" or "b-but the 480 is weaker than the 1070 so AMD is shiiiiit!". Nivdia currently has the high end market on lockdown and AMD has the med and low end market on lockdown.

It doesn't provide a 100% boost, but when we're talking about a 10-20% difference at 200% the cost crossfire more than makes up for that.

I have no idea how I got $150 in there. I have been drinking. I apologize for this comment, please disregard.

My inner /ck/ is delighted at the thought of having a griddle/oven combo attached to my PC.

ITT:
mad AMD poorfags that are too fucken stupid to get a real job to buy real gpus
meanwhile us nvidia kings will enjoy physx and no heat or noise
feels good to be on top
lmao these AMD fags are so fucken angry the butthurt is taco supreme
im laffing in real life because its too fucken funny just watching all these poor fagets without physicx and shield and shit

cucknadians BTFO

no other tech company would have the gall to actually go forward with dank shit like this
amd street shitters would never have the brain power to even create anything branching beyond bulldozer and gcn revisions

nah, I don't know about that.. I'll just get 1070, because it's even cheaper than 2xRX 480, nearly as good as 1080, and I like silence

But user, it’s the current year! Why aren’t you non-penetratively fucking your animals?

reuters.com/article/us-canada-court-bestiality-idUSKCN0YV1QX

Is there a single fucking game worth playing that actually requires a crazy gpu

Nvidia graphics cards are really the ideal devices for people who like to play video games and cook food. Nvidia graphics cards offer unprecedented multitasking abilities that the competition can't. You can fry eggs while you play games.

Really, the added price premium is because you're getting two appliances in one. A cooking device and a graphics card. And your food is cooked by playing games. It's the funnest way to prepare your meals.

I really hope that the new AMD cards have this dual functionality that they are missing.

this the answer is no

Holy shit remind me never to live in Canada

Dwarf Fortress

Eh, they're right on the front that the 480 is just as cheap and it's better than the 960. Can't argue with that.

Never had that problem, have used the exact same drivers, and that was on a GTX 550 Ti. I bought the 960 within the last 3 months. And there's no way you can tell if it was the GPU drivers or another problem on their hard drive, because your typical user is not savvy enough to realize when it's a PEBKAC error.

There's plenty of reasons why a failure can exist in your system, from installing a bad Windows update (I have them turned off), to installing malicious software that you think isn't, to downloading and using strange DLLs from questionable sites. This link doesn't even have any indications that it's damaging the GPU itself, just that it can cause problems with the operation of the PC. Users likely did not uninstall, did not wipe the previous files, and did not reinstall clean.

Years old, nothing about a house fire.

Even older, still nothing about a fire.

And it's not like AMD hasn't had its own upsets and problems. The difference is, I don't feel the need to go "SHIT COMPANY, HOUSE FIRE HAZARD" even though they have had the same kinds of problems.

tomshardware.com/answers/id-2558983/motherboard-caught-fire.html

Oh shit, look at this link, it's an AMD system with an AMD video card, oh shi- oh wait, I am logical enough to realize that not every situation applies the same, and that this is a freak incident. I don't consider AMD GPUs or CPUs to be fire hazards just because of a freak incident, so that I shitpost every time AMD is mentioned that "HEY THEY CATCH FIRE TOO."

Shill/Cuck proof argument now in my posession, bud
Pls go

Holy shit remind me never to live in Canada

Imagine if that game used compute shaders to do the millions of task in parallel on a gpu instead of using a single fucking cpu core.

No, bad goyim, you must be faithful to only one brand.

Its not brand loyalty its brand ethics, Gameworks is inherently anti-advancement and artificially hurts competition.

Hey, user, what's the difference between Zotac, MSI and Aluratek? Maybe you can tell me the difference. Your common user can't. One of those brands are good, the other two are not. But there's a price difference of up to $100 on the line on which brand you use. You think people don't cut corners and buy a Zotac for their GPU to save $100?

The 480 isn't meant to compete with the 1070, the 1060 is its competition. And if you could read you'd notice that's what the "leak" is about.

smh tbh oniifam.

Wait, did you actually buy a GTX 960 after the 480 launched? You bought a 28nm GPU that's EOL, cost more than the 480, and is about half the speed?

No wonder you feel so compelled to go into threads and defend your purchase. Dat buyer's remorse.

Holy shit that's like the exact opposite of how evidence works.

No, I bought the 960 before it launched, but that doesn't change the fact I wouldn't have bought a 480.

Yeah, okay, interpret it that way. AMD pays enough of you to shit on NVidia, surely no one lies about these things.

Why would the cheap guys who offer price effective products waste money on shills?
If anything it'd be the guys selling overpriced 'brand' garbage, see Razor and literally every other meme 'brand' plastering ads everywhere.

This thread in a nutshell

Oh of course, the 1070 is garbage, yep. Wink wink, user.
Wow, that wording. Are you going to start calling them the underdogs next, that they get bullied by NVidia, that NVidia sabotages them and they're just saints in the field trying to make their way?

NVidia's previous generation of hardware is still kicking over 4 generations of hardware on AMD's side, but hey, AMD makes price effective products and NVidia just sells overpriced garbage!

Oh, let me rephrase that…

4 generations of hardware that came out AFTERit was released.

Electricity is cheap to produce and expensive to store, so when demand is low you slow production. However, electricity is a government controlled unionized industry, they make more plants than they need to "stimulate the economy" and because they're unionized they can't lay people off when they don't need them. Couple that with an economic downturn and a flight of all manufacturing industries you have an absolute cluster fuck. Too much electricity being produced and you have to get rid of it. Normally that means lowering the price and encouraging people to do things with it but that is prevented by green legislation to force people to use less. The only remaining answer is to sell it, but other regions realized that they needed it less than we needed to sell it and with some governmental lobbying we now pay people to take it from us.

According to that webm, you can take a nap when the 290 is at full load and not notice the heatsink, but you might notice and be roused when the 980 gets to full load.

They should build casinos all over the country and let them light up the night all night every night.

Pretty much why going AMD is usually the best option if you're under a budget, while Nvidia is better if you're itching to waste $1500

The word is roasted

You attended special ed, I suppose.

nvidia literally paid devs to make useless heavy dithering in crysis for no reason than amd cards had less resources for it. It made no difference visually and was just there to certain cards run slower.

Really? Cause the 290 was noticeably hotter than the 980. The 980 never went above 80, but the 290 was at 95.

Please cite your sources.

Going for liberal arts I assume?

Why would you pass energy conservation laws when you have way too much fucking power to begin with?

Nvidia Gameworks has dragged down the competition to pretty much Microsoft tier dirty play at this point.
Not that there's anything wrong with it since corporations pretty much give 0 fucks, but in the end it's the consumer that suffers.

Nvidia drops driver support within 4-5 years so the card actually gets slower. Amd has a longer support so cards get the best out of them.

Climate change leadership
Even though we use Hydro electric and Nuclear, we need to use less of it because some people use coal and gas

It was tessellation, not dithering.
vid.

First off, don't trust shit from the people who make this stuff. They are always gonna make their stuff look as good as possible.

Second, AMD has always priced extremely aggressively. Assuming that Nvidia actually has the balls to release a GTX 1060 at 200 bucks that beats the RX 480, expect the 480s cost to get slashed deeply. That's literally the worst case scenario for AMD, is they'll readjust the price of the 480 until it's beating the 1060 for price/performance again. They've done it before and they'll do it again.

As to temps and power, mother fuckers don't know shit. Firstly, the temp of the core itself has nothing to do with how much heat it's actually putting out. If it has a 150 watt TDP that means it will generate 150 watts of heat. The temp of core itself has far more to do with the cards thermal solution. A big beefy 300 watt card and a 150 watt card can both have a core temp of 80ish degrees, because the 300 watt has a much, much more powerful thermal solution thats pulling all that extra heat from the core and pumping it into the room.

Finally, yes the reference design sucks. ALL FUCKING REFERENCE DESIGNS SUCK. Fucking period, Even the 'Founders Edition' throttles like a bitch. Get an aftermarket, always. Especially for the 480, because every tiny flaw in the 480 will be fixed by the board partners.

Now, I know most of this thread is bait and Nvidia faggotry, but for the people here who aren't in the know, here is the real, unbiased truth of tech hardware.

Nothing is ever really a 'good deal' when you put it in a 6 month window. Tech moves to fast. What you need to ask yourself is 'Do I want to wait?'. If the answer is 'Yes', then by all means, wait a few months, reassess the card market then and make a decision. If you don't want to wait longer then the week or two it'll take partner boards to start showing up, then the RX 480 is the current, uncontested king of 'Price/Performance'. If you are a 1080p gamer, there is literally no reason to get anything else. This could radically change in 6 months. Something always happens. But in general, AMD is very price aggressive. If you need/want a card for 1080 NOW, and you have 200 bucks, the worst you'll be suffering is being mad if AMD drops the price to 150 bucks in a few months when the 1060 comes out. I honestly doubt this, Nvidia has always shown a desire to charge a premium for their shit, worth it or not. They left the 960 to languish at the same price point as the R9 380 when the 380 stomps all over it at 200. They just don't price aggressively.

Last point, don't over estimate your needs. Hardware is swiftly getting to the point as to make 1080p easily done. If you are and will continue to play at 1080p, something like a GTX 1070 is just overkill and wasted money. Get a 480, a 470 or wait for a 1060. Don't buy something that outstrips the rest of your components ability. You're just wasting money.

By "heavy dithering" I hope he meant tessellation, something AMD cards are bad at handling in large amounts.
techreport.com/review/21404/crysis-2-tessellation-too-much-of-a-good-thing

Fuck's sake Canada you sound worse than the US corruption wise.

I find that they drop support when your card is over 2 generations old, which is removal of Legacy code from the drivers. This means that on-the-chip shader support is removed. There's an easy solution to this, of course, which is not to use drivers that are older than 2 generations.

Removing Legacy code isn't in and of itself always a bad thing, because Legacy code can cause complications. And knowing this, you know that it will not give you improved performance to install newer drivers, so then you shouldn't do it anyway.

I know this is going to get criticized and taken out of context and I'm going to be called a shill or the such, but expecting a manufacturer to support 5 year old video cards at the expense of newer ones is kind of silly. Just don't update, or update your hardware. When I was writing my game engine, I was so fucking freaked out about the idea of not supporting every video card, but then it dawns on me, if you're not updating your video card more often than every 5 years, you're probably not playing that many new games anyway.

I can't update due ti costs. Computers are expensive af here. My old pc was in use for over 10 years. My laptop is about 7 so far. I wanna get a new computer soonish though.

It's almost as if AMD forgot that Nvidia actually do still sell budget cards and could quite easily fuck the 480 in the ass if the 1060 is priced competitively.

If I was in the market for a budget card right now I wouldn't be looking at the 480, I'd at least wait and see what the 1060 will offer (and no, biased corporate performance slides like the type that AMD and Nvidia both use when hyping up their cards before reviewers get their hands on the products don't count).

Of course I personally couldn't give a shit about the budget bracket so whatever.

Good roll :'^)

Ah, fuck, I messed that up. I meant to say "not to use drivers that are newer than 2 genrations out."

i.e. when the 700 series came out, it was time to stop updating the 500 series drivers.

They do it to be deliberately misleading. Here's what the graph SHOULD look like. Look at that performance bar. LOOK AT IT.

You know you've likely made a solid post when fuckwits don't bother smearing their aspergers on it.

Excuse me I typo'd the red lable. Here's a fixed one. Also a better color for jewvidia.

One last time.

It's just Ontario

I have 25 mbps download, 5mbps upload and not data cap for like 70$ and I live in BC.

Good luck finding a home to use your internet in though.

Most people say BC is bad too, but it's literally just Vancouver. You know that hipster Barbie just released? That's your typical Vancouver female undergrad. Her interests are traveling, being outdoors and coffee.

I want underage B& to leave

They're targeting all those vacant homes that immigrants bought, and they're going to figure out a solution to the problem and free up those houses for actual people to live in. It should be as simple as just repossessing the houses and selling them on the market, but fuckhead immigrants who naturalize would bitch about it, even though it hurts them too.

There is way more to the Vancouver (and the rest of BCs) housing issue than most people realize, the government is playing all sides of this one. I can go into details if people are curious.

Your graph sucks. It doesn't show how the performance is about 2x as fast compared to the op.

report and move on.

But why?

Ironic shitposting is shitposting. You ARE an idiot even if you were actually not.

Oh holy fuck, i thought we had it bad in Australia.
You know, maybe this whole ONAN American superstate thing isn't so bad, you could flee to america and not watch your bank account get raped.

there's got a be a more efficient way to deal with such a surplus. Perhaps some technology that could "recycle" it somehow? Hell, I don't know, I'm not an engineer, but you'd think some bright minds at some energy conscious organization out there is thinking about solutions to this problem.

If not recycle it, maybe purchase huge as fuck plot of land, thousands of acres that are barren of life and located in some remote region of the continent where the electricity can be discharged into the ground. That'd essentially be throwing it away, but it'd be one way to do things.

It barely hits 60fps average in many games in an age where >60hz monitors are common. It's a good price and performance target for console gamers making their first PC but a more invested gamer can do better.

Holy fucking shit, do you live in an indian reserve town or something?

the solution is to produce less, its really simple.

You are exaggerating, there were very few games it didn't beat 60 FPS, BUT to be fair, there were a few. However, that's with EVERTHING cranked. There are a lot of ultra setting options that only provide perhaps a 4-5% increase infidelty in return for a 20-40% drop in performance. Gameworks is infamous for that shit, like Hairworks and Godrays, but it's not the only thing that does it.

Turn off a few of the more idiotic graphics options and the RX 480 will more then make it's 60 FPS goal in most anything with almost no fidelity lost. Mid-range cards will always suffer that, because they continually come out with extremely taxing ways to add a little more shine. Turn that shit off. Does Hairworks really need to do 64x Tesselation? Do you really care about 'God rays' when traditional lighting and shadow effects look about as good?

Turning that stuff off isn't new, if you want to game ABOVE 1080p, you'll be shitcanning that stuff anyway, even with a more powerful GPU. Either way, most people should be ditching those options period.

That would be like marketing something using a sextuple negation. Well yeah, you are not lying, but most people would have probably disconnected their brains by then and won't understand what the hell is going on.

This is dishonest. There is no real reason to make these charts start at 0.8 in such a small scale, but they still did just to make a 15% difference graphically appear to be a 90% difference. If that's not dishonest I don't know what it is.

Anyway, promotional charts always inflate numbers. That 15% you see there is probably not a median nor a mean, but actually a representative of the games that do run better with a GTX1060. Your average game is probably going to run 5% better than with a RX480, and the price difference will probably be fairly more significant than that.

Also
Neither Intel nor nVidia reduce their old products' price. Go to PCPartPicker and look at the historic price charts.

TWENTY SIXTEEN

czech my id you retard

Dude… there's a reason the AMD card is used for the value 1 baseline.
That's 15% better performance, 25% better VR performance and about 43% better power efficiency.