What The Fuck Happened to My Favorite Multiplayer Game?

ITT: Multiplayer games where you stop playing for a year or two for life reasons and when you come back and suddenly it's just cancer and/or dying.
What's her name, Holla Forums?

OSRS
Gay streamers hijacked the polling process so that all the updates are rebranded RS3 updates, the community is divided between poopsockers and the utterly incompetent, and there's a childish feud with RS3 players

Nostalrius is literally dead

All of them.

Minecraft seemed to go to shit overnight. The hunger update I think is when it happened. Before that it was just autism but then it became retarded autism.

MAG.

Servers were shut down, and so the disk is now absolutely worthless. At least I can get some of the experience back in Planetside 2.

MAG 2 never ever

Left 4 Dead and Chromehounds.

L4D
MechWarrior Online, most the scrubs have left and almost every match people are using voice comms but the community numbers are dying.

I'm still mad Jewex stopped Darkscape btw that shit was the best

My fuckin nigger. I have literally nothing but positive memories of that game. So good

Also pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies, but at least we've got a couple emulators to bring back some of the glory of what it was

adventure mode was when I started seeing tons of youtube whores and literal children everywhere and also when I gave up on ever hoping the game would be what was originally promised.

L4D2.

The community feels like a mentally retarded fever-dream parody of what it used to be.

Team Fortress 2 and the online mod for GTA:SA called Multi Theft AutoFUCKING RPing CANCER.

what's mag?

I remember this classic going to shit real fast.

YOU HAVE TO BOW BEFORE FIGHTING.

NO GUNS.

ONE FIGHT AT A TIME.

Tf2 is probably the best example

Actually, all valve games are fun at first then go to shit

PS3 only online shooter kind of like Planetside but not really.

NO LAMING

tbh this isn't the worst fate a mp game can have.

Just desserts. Go back to proper video games, you prissy socialite faggot.

fuck off.
it's thanks to them that cod4 is still a blast on PC

I don't understand anyone who actually played Minecraft in multiplayer. I thought we all pirated the shit, and it was a fun FOTM type deal like all the others.

Still no idea how it blew up like that, I seriously played it for three weeks until I was bored enough, but until that it was good.

man… it could've been such an amazing thing…
fuck the world

It was basically at the time the perfect cocktail of autism to ensure it could go on and on eternally. Had Notch not went full uberkike with the project, it likely would still flood Holla Forums with threads and autism projects to this day, instead of anons going into berserker rages the moment they see it period nowadays.

marketers disguised as redditors legitimizing the commercialized changes to the game. Notch was compromised well before MS bought the game.

wew lad

it is amazing, in its own way…

in the same way a nuclear explosion is amazing.

the way the AIDS epidemic in Africa is amazing.

Pre-adventure update Minecraft is still fun.
Especially when running a server with your friends just building a town together and shit.
The game was so simple yet fun.
In it's current state is the most boring fucking trash.
They're trying way too hard to be MUH STANDARD GAME and it's disgusting.

Care to elaborate a bit? What the fuck have they been doing?

UFO 2000.
I used to play that back when there would almost always be someone in the lobby. Their leaderboard was populated and I was always near the top. When I came back after a few years, it was not only dead, but the common game mode was some third party pack that made everything generic military because they were afraid they'd get sued for using X-Com assets, even though they didn't distribute them, and you had to own a copy of UFO Defense to play.

EUO.
I didn't play it for 8 years. I went back hoping to kill some minotaurs, but over the years, the average population went from 10 to 0. Renamed the game EUOtopia, which is even gayer than EUO.

Anarchy Online.
I made a new account for the first time in over a decade a few months ago, and I was blown away at how bad the new starter zone is. It's not only uglier than the rest of the game, but it's such a fucking chore. The game still has players, but only technically. Anything outside of a capital city or a popular dungeon is basically a ghost town. My heart sank when I saw that Old Athens was basically locked up.

Tabletop Simulator.
There are only two types of people who want to play games anymore:
1) The crowd who watched their favorite Youtuber play Secret Hitler who knows no other game
2) Warhammer 40k autists who are so unpleasant and miserable that they'd get their assholes ripped open on /tg/
Nobody plays anything else anymore unless you organize your own group.

Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade
aka "What kind of entitled asshole wants to criticize a game? It's still an ALPHA! It won't launch until next month! Stop being unfair!" Just kidding, the community was always pure cancer from the very beginning. It hasn't changed.

Shattered Galaxy
I wish more than 12 people played the game, and I wish 11 of the 12 people who played the game weren't Chinese. I had a lot of fun back when the game was populated.

Ffxi, ffxiv, and tf2. FFXI boosted the max level and just kept adding item level shit that killed content. FFXI went full WoW with no class builds, TF2 went right into the trash. If only I payed attention to the diamond ring.

I'm unsure what truly killed off TF2 in the eyes of Holla Forums forever: The fact Gaben was obsessed with muh hats and cosmetics, the Free to Play event, or autism over the fact that groups like furries and so forth exist in there like with any other online bidya?

For me it was the goddamn manconomy update. Everything went to shit from there on. It was really hard seeing the game I played to death slowly turn to shit as more retarded shit was added and the playerbase got completely fucked.

Yeah. I quit shortly after that.

That's just twisting the knife. When's the last time a L4D2 video was even made? God it hurts to know this game is bordering dead. It's basically a vegetable in video game form.

To me it was free to play. The influx of squeakers and ruskies made a lot of the servers I played go silent because no one wanted to talk to squeakers or fuckers that can barely speak English. Free to play is when players turned off their mics forever.

There's probably more but I stopped following the miencraft patches closesly after release since the game was already ruined with the hunger system.

What I feel is that more isn't always best.
I'm all for adding more structures and shit that can be generated but they're adding stuff that changes the core gameplay and adds objectives (though "optional").
It went from a simple build, gather, kill, repeat game to some kind of half-assed survival simulator.
I wouldn't be suprised if they add a story mode in one of the upcoming patches.
People seem to like it though so maybe it's just me who don't care if a game lacks features if it makes it more unique.

I think the final nail in the coffin was the Steam Workshop.

These are officially approved cosmetics, not mods.

Yeah, I agree. I hated the hunger system, and I always will. What they should have added was more ores, more worldgen options, and cool shit like more ways to build. I don't like all of this survival/objective stuff.

to be fair, the banana can be painted white.

OSRS was always fucked. Literally a week after it was release you had newfags bitching about no grand exchange and no god swords.

I feel you m8.
There was actually a time when finding a diamond was something rare that you had to mine into the depths of hell to find.
Nowadays you just pick them up from boxes at ground level and go shoot down a flying cardboard box for muh xp.

Doesn't Holla Forums have a pre-hats tf2 server or is that cuckchan?

fucking War of the Roses dude FUCK

It wasn't perfect, but fuck, it had a skill curve.

The hitboxes were phenomenal, everything was great. There were balancing issues but it was still a game that rewarded skill.

Then they casualized it to compete with Chivalry, which is the worst game ever made.

THEY RUINED IT, IT WAS SO GOOD.

I played TFC and played TF2 on release,

it was a slow death but it was still a great game

Play terra firma mod, user.

This wasn't too bad for me since I mostly liked the lightsaber combat and found the gunplay pretty shit tbh.

I ran a dedicated server and we didn't have gunplay because people would wanna lightsaber fight and some guy would just keep going to the rocket launcher and shoot everyone who was dueling with each other.

Gunplay was much better for non FFA gamemodes for Jedi Outcast. Like it was perfect for CTF and so forth.

tbh the gunplay was much better in Star Trek Voyager Elite Force (the game Raven made directly before Jedi Outcast, it plays almost identically just without lightsabers) and Dark Forces 2 (the game Outcast was a sequel to).

apparently console mineycrafta doesn't have a lot of the retarded bullshit as well which is why it sold so well.

I actually have the orange box for the xbox from my dead stepfather.

PS3-exclusive FPS where your rank was an actual position in a chain-of-command, rather than just an XP level.

They tried to make the game into a pseudo RPG with bosses including a final boss and an XP system. Basically the goal of minecraft is to find/craft these magical pearls and place them on a special portal that spawns in this underground fortress of which there is only one per worldseed. Once all the pearls are placed the portal activates and brings you to "The End" where you fight this generic looking dragon which after dying spawns another portal that ends the game. The ending is just a scrolling-text conversation between two beings mocking the player on how autistic he is.

S U P R E M E
C
O
M
M
A
N
D
E
R

I just played L4D1 today. Multiplayer is now a ghost town with about 400 players online.
All because Valve made the game obsolete with L4D2 by trying to make a yearly franchise.
BTW, the weapon animations and sound in L4D1 are superior in comparison with L4D2. I hate that obnoxious AK sound from the second game, and worse, those fucking animations that look like they were made by cheap korean labor. Same goes for CSGO.

There are mods for L4D2 that readd all of this. So there's virtually no reason to not play L4D2.

I remember when mincraft had mystery to it.

now it's just really fucking sad.

Is LA Noire worth playing btw ?
I mean it was developped by Aussies.

Fallen Earth

Left when it had a solid 800-1000 players on every day, chat channel was always bustling with people asking various questions.

Came back yesterday, it had seventy people on. We had a comfy chat, and I intend to keep playing the game until they finally kill it.

the only update that could be seen as a step backwards is the recent combat update

Can you not google? I thought this place didn't spoonfeed as much

this is Holla Forums

God no. You spend half of your time driving around an empty city listening to a guy talking to you in a game with terible driving mechanics and the other half pressing buttons and looking at people's faces.

It's terrible. It doesn't even fucking look good.