Fighting Games: Huelander Edition

South American Team Trailer for KOF XIV is out.

Street Fighter V's "A Shadow Falls." Story mode has been released, along with Ibuki and Balrog. The story mode isn't anything too special, only noteworthy thing is the Gill teaser at the end.

Tekken 7 is confirmed to be getting a PC port.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

Board:
/fighters/index.html

Fightcade Fridays : Vampire Savior (Fightcade)
infinityfgc.challonge.com/Vampsav

Saturday:
King of Kusoge #8:
infinityfgc.challonge.com/d0gtgpsn

Sunday:
Garou Mark Of The Wolves:
infinityfgc.challonge.com/GarouMM

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Other urls found in this thread:

allgamesdelta.net/2016/06/street-fighter-v-more-content-found-in.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Schemmel
youtu.be/t8dD3K2_Pz4?list=PL6702E3DD763555D9&t=192
8ch.net/v/res/9908744.html
8ch.net/b/res/5927485.html
8ch.net/a/res/500956.html
8ch.net/animus/res/1132293.html
deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=147
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/748679650067357696
keeponrock.in/?character1=&character2=
twitter.com/galtu444444/status/748901189400403970
dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12706-ggxrdr-character-discord-servers/
store.steampowered.com/app/389730/
i.imgur.com/MK6Ju78.jpg
i.imgur.com/A0DFVkO.jpg
eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/30/classic-costume-ninja-costume-schoolgirl-clothes-and-even-capes-capcom-reveals-their-ibuki-concept-designs-street-fighter-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mains

SFV IS SHIT

SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Here we go

you're not wrong

The video just stutters, I think, so don't try to reset your modem or anything.

Awesome.

Most of Juri's moveset.

Still thicc. Still wearing censorship latex.

When do we get to play as the dolls?

I'm not a fan of the water obscuring the characters' feet, but it probably won't matter.

Forgot to post the link to where I found all these clips in the first place in case people didn't know about AllGamesDelta already.

allgamesdelta.net/2016/06/street-fighter-v-more-content-found-in.html

He's got a pretty good Alex-like throw CC setup.

Finished watching the SFV movie.
I'm surprised with the amount of different models they made (mostly Dolls but their costumes are different - that Juli tease was cruel; I picked her a lot in A3) with some unique moves to boot. And seems I was bitching about NPCless stages rather preemptively as almost every story stage seems to be like that.
I always thought he was in the wrong game and seeing F.A.G. in the story further underlines that; all those exaggerated motions and constant fluttering are really odd. He steals the show nonetheless. Just a shame the whole story OST isn't rearrangements of his theme.
On a entirely opposite note, Necalli is a jobber and added nothing to the story.

(Getting tons of immediate "server took too long" errors. I thought those dark times were over.)

Brock costume for Urien when

Mandatory KoF trailer order and schedule visual guide.

Urien's voice actor also did the voicework for Lucario in Smash Bros. Brawl.

Wasnt that Goku's voice actor?

Wait hold up yah thats right

THEN WHEN DID GOKU'S VOICE ACTOR GET INVOVLED

He voiced Lucario in smash 4.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Schemmel

Would you recommend the KoF Steam deal? I heard mixed things about the Steam version of XIII. Is there anything special with Steam's 98?

Kof 98 UM is dead online. I'd say Kof 2002 UM is a better purchase if you're preparing yourself for Kof XIV.

So Holla Forums, anyone got any tips for a beginner that may not be so obvious / not found in the usual beginner guides?

I play Vallentine / Double in SG and Cammy in SFV

Kof 98 UM is good but it's dead online. Still worth playing tho imo

or do what said

Jesus dude, don't you think that's a bit overkill?

I don't know about any problems with XIII other than weird bugs for trying to do local play with different types of controllers. On my computer it didn't like having DS3 and DS4 controllers mixed. It runs fine otherwise, and the netcode is decent. 2k2UM is the on I'd recommend though, it's got a huge roster that you can try out and see what you really want to play as.

Nah, I'll get a ton of mileage out of it and I won't just use it for fighting games. I've been meaning to purchase one for years, this was just a convenient excuse really.

Shit, I hope so. As for tips: no. Everything is covered in guides these days. Just keep playing more and you'll get better naturally.

Your grip on the stick matters more than you might realise at first.

Ryu is Professor Oak

Do "button-ups" exist in SFV / SG?

I keep wondering about that… guess I'll just have to wait for the delivery and see for myself.

What is a "button-up"?

youtu.be/t8dD3K2_Pz4?list=PL6702E3DD763555D9&t=192

Sorry, is that the wrong term? Saw it in vid related.

>tfw Fighting games have been showing alot of sexy hue's lately

Seems like the time I spent in training mode was worth it. I'm still pretty bad but my neutral game has improved considerably now that I'm able to Mist Cancel fairly consistently, I'm actually having fun fighting against better players now. I can even sometimes pull off a few of the combos that I learned.

LOLITEEN MORE AND MORE

8ch.net/v/res/9908744.html
8ch.net/b/res/5927485.html
8ch.net/a/res/500956.html
8ch.net/animus/res/1132293.html

Zarina > Katarina > Laura

Ah, name makes more sense now. To my knowledge, they don't, but I could be wrong.

I would be extremely surprised if negative edge wasn't in SFV.

There is.

This is awesome shit, thanks. I imagine this means pianoing, double tapping and plinking is also in the game?

I know that feel

Probably. If they are they really aren't necessary considering the lax execution requirement.

Surprised somebody saved my screencap. @snkpofficial provided a more filesize-friendly version.

I don't want pesky gameplay to get in the way of Street Fighter V's well crafted shit story.

Zarina is currently the cutest hue.

Gonna be honest I'm not feeling Zarina's face, and I know it's mostly due to graphic/model fidelity then actual design.

I can't wait for the fanart to rectify that.

I like it when games let you unlock a movie/cutscene mode just so that you can view the story cutscenes without gameplay.

But encouraging to skip battles (I'm assuming even on your first time) is something I hate.

I'll take back what I wrote earlier about having fun. Right now I'm barely finding anyone with a decent connection and if I do it's some insanely good player who completely destroys me. Jesus Christ, this is really frustrating.

Bafael (a fan) makes a better tut than capcom in his spare time. Meanwhile CapcomFighters on youtube has no such tutorials….

Tekken7 on pc… when?!?

So why do Evil Ryu and Orochi Iori have to be banned in Capcom vs. SNK 2 tournaments?

Posting

Been noticing myself how bad the lag and input delays have been on some of my matches in online, screwing up my combos. Hopefully they'll do a patch to fix and/or improve the netcode.

I'll have to be honest, after watching it on YT, if I do get the game, I'll use the skip function too. For everything besides F.A.N.G. and Bipson because their JP VAs are fantastic and they ham it up so wonderfully.

Lives in Hueland but Zarina's Colombian.

I'm mostly disappointed that the toucan doesn't do anything.
As for fanarts, artists really need to pick up their slack. There's barely anything on the new girls.

Fighting in my Street FIGHTER game? Audacious!

Img Sauce: deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=147

Double aegis reflector juggle. Pretty cool.

I think the biggest problem I'm having is that almost no one in Europe plays this game and those who do have been playing GG since at least -SIGN-. Makes it really hard to get into the game as a complete beginner.

my nigga

June update should have been how SFV should be in Feb 2016…

Changing the character's move too much in the next appearance. SFV Ibuki might as well be her ninja partner, Sarai.

There are people who actually liked Momoko or Bao aside from loli and shotafags?

I loved Momoko's playstyle.
Also Gai Tendo.

Where do you live?……

Regardless, if youd like a practice opponent, Im always good for a game. My neutral is still shit.

Germany.
Thanks for the offer but I'm too tired to play any more matches tonight.

If ya ever want mate, ill be free all weekend. Burgerland is on holiday.

Real Infiltration? Or the tool-assisted bot?

Jesus Christ, that is some fucking poser rendering right there. And I thought you guys were joking about this?

When is Peter gonna be playable?

I know I've asked this question more than once, but is skullgirls worth buying, despite the cases of SJW nonsense and poor decisions the devs have made? If yes, do I have to buy 2nd encore for the full experience, or should I just get all the DLC characters?

BRAVO CAPCOM

I'm pretty sure eagle is gonna come back since they made those tonfa moves
Same thing with Abel

Skullgirls actually has the best online ever created in a fighting game, but if you ever get online you will be bullied by people that knows their shit.
Besides that, Skullgirls is Marvel+Guilty Gear+50's cartoons+Jazz. If you like airdashers, combos (as in really long combos and resets that will fuck you raw and without any lube), 50's cartoons and jazz, give the game a try.

You should take a look at Joe. He has some specials and normal properties from Hwa.

I will probably stick with my regular mains, (classic) Kyo, Kensou and Athena but I always mained Nakoruru in the SamSho games and CvS/NGBC.
Muimui looks really cool. She's what Karin was supposed to be in SFV. Her command grab is even Karin's CA.
But there's a lot of characters that I want to try. XiaoHai and Romance makes Luong looks even better than she already is. Sylvie looks really good to piss people off. Zarina is a capoeira character and that is always fun (yes, even Momoko). Nelson looks like Gai with those command normals and Geese is just Geese.

I agree with that and might be more tolerable for her if it was the case. I really didn't like her changes from SFIII to IV and V.

It has people playing online. And it has the best netcode of any fighting game. For me it is what MvC3 was meant to be but Capcom really fucked up that game. 2ndEncore has all the previous DLC(characters and colors) plus Challenges, Trials, Survival and voiced Story mode. If like those things, go ahead.

What was the point of that?

He had a gun.

Just shoot the bitch!

Fuck you son, I hate these overproduced super cinematics. In IV I installed the camera mod that left the camera in 2d mode during supers like the old games.

Is the steam population high enough to justify a purchase when I can just play on fightcade? I mean there are at least 80ish people in the room during off hours, and about 200 right now.

does anybody have the pic where it shows the ethnicities for each fighting game? like marvel is blacks, kof is hispanics, melee is babies, and street fighter is a rainbow.

The story mode has some seriously rough edges to pile up on somewhat ugly character graphics (Jurifags really should count their blessings).

Just make sure you have a very heightened tolerance to memeshit and cheap references. I think the game single-handedly ruined my ability to appreciate any sort of referential humor.
I eventually dropped it (in my defense, I said I was taking a break until PS3 got lobbies) but I'll admit I had some fun with it.

It's his Gigaton Blow from Alpha 3.
I wonder if Boxer won't be ridiculously overpowered since he can V-Skill cancel the dash punches and with V-Trigger he basically has two supers that can combo to each other.

Was having trouble posting, I forgot to chime in on this.
Possibly Luong, Vice and Hein. But there's lots of characters I'll want to fiddle around with (everyone in Ikari, Official Invitation and K' teams, Mature, Xanadu, Choi, Zarina, Mai and, hopefully, Antonov).

They all look they came from Brazil or the Caribbean too. They do look like a fun group though. What the fuck kind of names were they given?

How long until SJWs find out?

it's okay when anyone does it

Man I can't find it now, but I remember someone posting a video on one of these threads a while back. It was a Korean KOF98 GGPO video with a few really hype matches, and there would be random humorous edits throughout the fight (replays, funny zooms/repeats, and at some point a burning chicken flying around the screen every time Iori did a super). If I recall correctly there was Iori, Chris, Kim, and two other characters.

I don't think SJWs will complain about it or Birdie being a domesticated nigger because rich blonde girls are in charge.

Also mains

But seriously more fighting games need to do this.

I've always loved fighting games, even if I never took the time to truly git gud at them while I still had that kind of time in my hands. So instead of sticking to one game (which I know I'll suck at) I try to try them all and have fun with my friends and brother.

My favorite games on that list are Alpha 2, KoF 98', Gundam Battle Assault 2, and Soul Calibur 5.

It updated for free?

Hopefully that leads to some femdom doujins.

Did capcom say anything about when the dolls will be playable?
Is anyone going to do mods to play as them like juri and urien?

There are 5 new characters right there that no one is doing. This is such a missed opportunity

Yes, I don't have the DLC characters but besides that I'm goid.

I don't know. For one side, KOF98UMFE is my favorite fighting game. They fixed everything of the previous iterations. The Ultimate groove is awesome. But on the other side, CodeMystics really fucked up the release. They actually "fixed" the netcode so is "ok" now. But the online is mostly dead aside from a few hues and americans. It's better if you find a friend to play with (sorry, my PC is busted even to play older games).

Nelson is a common name in Brazil
Bandeira (without an S) is a common surname in Brazil.
Dunno about Zarina. The pronuntiation is "Salina" in japanese. And she's colombian.

DOAU updates to LR but without the new characters (they are DLC). But you can play with anyone of the new version. The game only misses cross play.

I'm happy Luong is getting some fanart love though.

Shit man, you actually fill-
Nigga, c'mon. Wallachia is a decent pick for Melty Blood though. Orie I could never quite get into, but that's also because my best character in that game is Akatsuki, who probably shouldn't even be in that game given how pitiful is range is on normals and the fact that I'm ultra shit at his combos that would actually do damage.

Salinas is a somewhat common surname in South America.
So, I'm guessing the S somehow slipped from "Salinas" to "Bandeira".

Just for the sake of comparison

Now you know why a chink company bought SNK and there is the new China Team

Fucking infiltration. twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/748679650067357696

TRAITOR

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

So did Ibuki get a nerf yet or is SFV still god awful?

Is she a monster? I've been sitting in Training playing with rog all day out of fear.

She needs it.

Thanks for the advice. My only issue is that I can't play Marvel vs. Capcom for shit. How fucked am I? Also are there any guides to getting guide at Marvel? I've tried Marvel 1 and X-men Vs. Street fighter on fightcade before.

Did every Birdie main buy Kanzuki Coast and uses it to hide his trash?

Video related. But jokes aside, do the tutorials and challenges and trials (surprise, they're actually good). Then be prepared to lose a lot. The combo system is pretty lenient so you'll get the BnB easily.

Same here, I got the PC version with steamcards money and the DLCs I got for free at the time. Since my PC is overheating now, I really wish the PS3 version had lobbies.

They made this uglier than SF4. How?!

I don't get it! I just don't. Fucking. Get it! How?!

God damn, who is responsible for this?

Other than that, Juri looks fucking amazing. My waifu never looed so fucking good

Oh fuck I didn't even think of that
Can you really not see it?

If you let her get in, you fucked up

She never has looked good so it's no surprise.

I actually think she has bigger boobs than anyone else in the game, including Chun.

Why did you think some people were bitching about the stage being used in tourneys?

Im pretty sure they're not much bigger if at all, its just the bodysuit.

and I figure I am the leading authority on her breasts, she is my waifu

I dunno m8, I mean Chun is fucking stacked, but Juri's boobs like gigantic.

She's mind faggot fuck off

Go to bed, pretender.

Sorry user, some of us work during the day which is why she'd pick me obviously.

Thats some hard implying faggot. How about this, we fight to the death, its what she'd want

Sure, we can. Then when I win, she'll take me back to her place and tie me down.

Why is a broken arcade game better than any fighting game i've played in years?

Ha, sure. Whatever will help you sleep at night. Post address, I'll buy the plane ticket.

Petshop and that shit aside, Jojo was far from broken compared to MvC2, SFA3*, CvS2*, SvC and a few other fighting games out there.

*The balance is whacked out with all of those grooves/styles.

get a room ya fuckin yurifags

why
why

also Ed didn't do shit other than psychic-grope Zangief's chest hairs.

Chun-Li got fucked over too. =/

Petshop and Mariah's Divine Bullshit endless super string is pretty bad but i'll agree it's less broken than a lot of the games i've played.

Don't be hatin on CvS2 though

Ibuki's purse also ends up wigging out when she stands up after the first EMP scene

Just saying CvS2 is no where near balanced.

Boom boom

That's pretty low damage considering

Turns out that overdesigning a fighting game doesn't do anything to diminish from the basic gameplay, only gives players more options. Capcom is horrendous at recognising this (even MvC/CvS are fundamentally simplistic games by fighter standards) and it took them until a half-finished anime license game to actually produce something interesting.

I've always thought that the best fighting games are just a little bit broken, so as to keep it interesting.

Capcom were a better producer of games when they had to compete in the arcades.

Not hitting hard enough to kill Dhalsim's elephant

Ora x 11

Juri would choose none of you

Really? then why did she choose me?

There was an user who said they were new to Guilty Gear/Fighting games, and that they needed tips. This series is helping me, as I myself am pretty new to fighting games.

great, now i'm going to be spending my next session trying to pull off a bastardised version of that wonderful display

what's the appeal of yuri anyways

is it just a domination thing then

Also, I find the best and easiest way to watch high level players is on this site:

keeponrock.in/?character1=&character2=

==I HAVE NO STEAMROLLER AND I MUST==
==WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY==
serious discussion now, is Time Stop the most overpowered hyper special? I mean, the opponent, unless he's Jotaro or Dio with 3 bars, he can't do shit, and you can sprinkle all the salt you've collected over the match's progress to rain on the guys parade. You could even use it as a very expensive and stupidly long and vulnerable "dodge" or "counter" though I don't see why you would. What characters/games actually use it right?

not even mad

Have you actually played the JoJo arcade against people?

The start up is absolutely horrendous and anyone can run up and stop it before it goes off unless they've done a stupid move, got stand crashed, or are too slow to react.

You can spend any amount of meter to move in frozen time aswell, you don't need 3 to defend yourself.

The damage output is sorely limited unless you have a lot of meter anyways.

It is, however, the funnest shit ever and the best way to beat people online, espesh if you're winning already and want to blow all your meter for the final round on their last bit of health.

tl;dr: it's not that practical but it's practicool and that's all that fuckin matters

The only powerful thing about it is the instant kill glitch and that's not practical at all.
Here, have a proper overpowered super.

Can't you just take advantage of stun to pull it off while they're still unable to react?
Other that Polanereff, I don't think anyone can react quickly enough when it's pulled off quickly enough.
And no, I admittedly haven't fought anyone on the JoJo arcade mode. I'll probably go on when I can actually beat certain AI characters. (I don't have trouble with most of them though.)

You really are fresh to the game, every single character can dash up and jab you out of the world, only 10% of the people do and that's when you initiate the counter strategy of making them think you're going to keep trying to stop time and instead just spam a big fat star platinum in their arse when they pull their punish out, works everytime.

Also AI is nothing like people so don't even bother, I don't think i've even played the arcade mode at all unless someone takes a long time to initiate the character select screen.

You think you're some kind of prophet? Poor mohammad, are you this delusional?

Delusional Jurifags ITT

Dont be jealous, friends. Its unbecoming.

;_;

Juri is a yuri-rapist. She wants Chunners & will ❤❤❤❤ Cammy to get to her.

twitter.com/galtu444444/status/748901189400403970

thanks capcom

does anyone know if the uniel pc release is gonna be s/t or the current version?

dustloop also has character specific discord servers that are worth looking into

dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12706-ggxrdr-character-discord-servers/

The real one.

UNIEL on PC will be the current version sadly.

Oh god, thank you for this blessing

Source of the news?
If so, will this be the 1st Tekken on pc?

store.steampowered.com/app/389730/

yep, first Tekken on PC

Guys, I'm really loving Urien even though he doesn't have unblockables and aegis is a bit shorter. He has really good normals and hitboxes and I can't stop fucking around with him.

I hope they don't nerf him for release.

It was announced at E3.

Can anyone explain to me why some people hate this game, exactly?
I can't figure it out.
I'd like to understand what exactly some people don't like about it on a technical level.

what about SFxT :^)

missing fan favorite characters like baiken, bridget, robo k-y et all

some people also don't like the changes to roman canceling & input buffers as they make the game slower than plus r in some aspects

character specific changes like getting rid of slayer's big bang upper

tl;dr: it isn't plus r

missing fan favorite characters like baiken, bridget, robo k-y et all

some people also don't like the changes to roman canceling & input buffers as they make the game slower than plus r in some aspects

character specific changes like getting rid of slayer's big bang upper

tl;dr: it isn't plus r

Either they get triggered by the artstyle or they think the game is way too fast for them and it consists of nothing more than frantically airdashing around and mashing buttons. I say this as someone who used to be unable to get into it, but gave it a second chance and now loves it. It's really hard to figure out what's going on when you don't know the game well and it can feel rather overwhelming, many people need time to start appreciating it.

Thank you for the confirm, kind sirs.

Unless you meant compared to earlier GG entries, in which case lists pretty much all the reasons. Though dissing or outright refusing to play a game because it doesn't contain your favorite character has always been completely retarded imo.

(checked)
You got quads man, how can you be so wrong with quads?!?
See, in games like Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat you have characters that are so specific that you can't just ignore the fact they are not there. If you like Cyrax or Sheeva, why would you play MK X, at least before the QuadBorg? If you play A.B.A or Zappa, why would you play GGXrd? Why play SF V if you enjoyed C. Viper, Cody or Abel? Hell, even KOF kind of rustled me by having 50 characters, and yet could not find space for Vanessa, Shingo and Chizuro. Those games have nothing similar to those characters at the moment, so, the only way is to learn new characters that you don't enjoy that much.
And there is more: Why rush to the new if the old is still damn good? Fighting games, even more for the 3D games, exist in a very interesting position: Graphics matter less than in other genres. People are playing SF 2, KOF 98, UMK3, XX Reload, Soul Calibur and so on. There is no need to rush for the new if it's not good enough for you.

never change /fgg/

Don't plan to user.

Ah, fuck. I love random playable chars. Have more?

Never

That is actually kind of hot, for some reason.

Ben Reed and NerdJosh said at the CEO that Nakoruru has a similar approach to Chizuru in 98 except she's a god at controlling the air space. You could argue about Nelson and Vanessa but Nelson is more similar to HeavyD for sure. And Shingo varies much between the games but the comparison to rekka Kyo was always prevalent.

Now if you said that you miss Chizuru's theme, I would agree with you. There's no fighting game song better than Fairy.

Can't say shit about the other games unless you're not a Talim/Zazalamel player in SCV. Because all the other missing characters have a counterpart in that game.

AC+R diehards.

I don't see it at all, Heavy D! didn't have chains of any kind.

Even though it's a joke, and I'd be pissed off if they actually did this costume, it's hot to me because despite being completely covered, you can still see every curve of her body.

Aren't Mika and Laura supposed to be the designated cowtits?

Pretty much. In what was probably the quickest self-censor in history, Juri's profile in SFIV's JP site had "big tits" on her "Likes" but they took it off once they probably realized the shitstorm it would cause once that was translated.

I hate practically every new character. Fuckers look like they got lost on their way to Blazblue. They remade Raven to look like the fedorafag and all the Aria clones seem to be a parallel to the swiss army knife chicks make it look like they are trying to turn the game into BB.
That said, the thing I dislike the most about it are ASW's shitty business practices because they're the single reason I haven't bought the game.

Juri confirmed best titty ninja

Frankly, I don't believe in that Chizuro/Nakoruru being similar. Until I play the game I just find it preposterous! I mean, seriously how they even got into that conclusion? Just because she can throw the bird?

Anyway, we have to be careful between comparisons. Dudley, C. Jack and Balrog are all "boxers", maybe C. Jack extends a little further, but all of them play differently. Can you go tell a Dudley player that Balrog is the same? I think not. Hell, Shermie and Orochi Shermie were vastly different, and this is in the same game. You could not play one and say it's the same as playing the other.

And Soul Calibur had more differences than you think. Hell, if you look at Soul Calibur 3, the freaking pinnacle of the series content wise, you had many fighting styles exclusive to the creation mode. And in the Arcade Version of the game, they gave some specific movements to characters like Amy, so she would not be a clone of Raphael anymore.

I will give you that Shingo is a clone character, But plenty of characters in these series were not. I could say that I was excited by KOF, but there is not date for a PC version and most of the characters I play in the series are absent. At least some of the new characters really look cool, like the Kicking Huelombian, HueNinja, Chiropractor Slut and Chinese Socially Anxious Dancer.
By the way, the boss really looks like Duke. And hell, I do miss some characters from MI.

How is SFV doing these days. Is the population still up? Does it still force me to wait 4 minutes between lag filled matches and fake loading screens? Is there a good alternative on the PC?

I turned away from SFV because of game crashes, no stick support, no characters, and shit loading, and apart from maybe characters depending on who you play, I don't think any of it has been fixed. I went to GGXrd and never looked back. Sign is on PC and at least where I live it still has a large and active community.

If you are after a game similar to SFV on PC I would say SFIV

Juri's a nun next to those hyperactive dykes.

Me, no. Capcom, though, definitely. They'll weave excuses about characters being similar in terms of gameplay and thematics, while foisting you a army of shotos (for fairness sake, that hasn't happened with SFV).
I don't remember the Orochi characters, but I think all they shared was the basic moves and walk cycle animations. If I'm not mistaken, Shermie went from grappler to zoner, Yashiro from brawler to grappler and Chris kept being a faggot.

Antonov looks like a combination of both Duke's designs. Heck! First thing that comes to mind when I try to imagine how Antonov might fight is Duke's rushing sucker punch. I really do hope he's a brawler…and keeps the cigar while fighting.
As for the MIsfits, no ill-will towards some of them, but no way I'd favor any of them besides pre-Falcoon veterans. But I'm a puritan cunt like that.
I think I wouldn't mind Xiao Lon if the bullshit got toned down and she didn't feel like a dime store Hsien-ko. Ditto for Ninon if her alt was her default and her move set had a bit more personality but we already Sylvie who, for better or worse, has personality to spare.
I'll admit I'd rather see Botan and Ron promoted to PCs.

It would be a clipping nightmare. And the clothing physics in this game are fucking crazy. Just look at Necalli's hair.

She can pressure the opponent into oblivion whit her great normals and Mamahaha. Chizuru in 98 is just less than a nightmare to play against than Daimon. Nakoruru slides are also pretty safe.

Well, she's now Viola with a floating ball friend. I guess that's pretty different than Raphael :^)
Shame we never had a port of SCIII AE because the original game is pretty busted. But I still argue that SCV is superior gameplaywise. I just don't remember much about SCII like I said in the SoulCalibur thread feel free to discuss the systems there.

Back to anime I guess. It's a sad day when old arc sys is getting recommended on PC.

i laughed my ass off at the hair physics when Ibuki was in the helicopter before they all jumped.

Anyway, on the topic of best girl. Early tech videos are already happening.

Been playing a lot of KoF 2002 UM lately, I'm convinced I am the only person that misses Hinako.

Bisexuality is just a mental illness, same as homosexuality.

Clipping like crazy is possibly the only contribution to the story by that retarded Akuma wannabe.

You're not.
She's a character I'm not good with but she's a fun and unique add to the series. Even if I wouldn't play her, she's a character I'd like to see in XIV or, maybe, XV.

Polite sage.

no you're not I miss her as well as
characters to minus the beat sisters.
I would also like to see lily kane as well.

I never understood why "puritans" hate Falccon designs. I'm not an Original Fag on KOF, but hell, I play the series since 96, that's a good 20 years spam, and I enjoy Maximum Impact designs and characters. Hell, I'm pretty sure people will ask for his version of Mai to be included in the game, and modern Leona was also based in his designs, and there is more if you look carefully. But we are talking about the characters, and some were quite good to play with. And about the fact that Xiao plays like Lei-Lei, you just need to tone it down a little, maybe make her more of a trap character. It could work.
I wonder how people would react to a character like Jivatma, who had a "female" body as his alternative version.

Frankly, I didn't felt any Chizuro vibe on her. She sure looks annoying to fight against, hell she really was back in CvS days, but not like Chizuro. But I was surprised how that Mai's attack can avoid projectiles. That shit is dangerous.

Fuck you Capcom.

I blame the fact the falcoon made Ash Crimson on why most people didn't like the characters he made. Also he was a huge MoTW fanboy.

Falcoon just had too many overdesigned and unmemorable characters in a series of games that had relatively normal looking normal dressed characters. Sure there was maxima, kula, and goofy characters like choi and chang but too many flamboyant, hairdye streaks, idol-fashion model-like, OC characters were making it front and center while 2000 to XI onward was the start of a whole lot of irreplaceable characters *cough* yamazaki *cough* characters not making it back.

As much as i like lien I think the computer glove thing is much and they should remove it.

also MI didn't play like a good KOF game so no one wants to remember the "bad times"

I mean, It's not like they should build her as a FBB, but she should be a bit bigger.

Falcoon is basically the reason why you don't let a fan or artist run your series. Nagase was one of his worst many Mary Sues (hardcore, pro-gamer and super awesome assassin), MI was more or less a shitty fanfiction full of bad characters. Each character got stupid after '99-01 (ymmv, but I thought all of NESTS was shit).

I heard Ashe is probably one of the most hated characters in the West like the Japanese hate Gen-An (GameSpy interviewed SNK, and they told GameSpy they were surprised to see the backlash they got for Ashe).

I can't speak for others but what grinds my gears is:
1. He self-inserts. Alba is literally a wet dream of himself and if that shit wasn't narcissistic enough, Nanase is a R63 wet dream version of himself.
2. The freakin' hair colors. It doesn't happen with every of his designs but practically every character in the series with more than one hair color is his.
3. He overdesigns. Falcoon is a nip Joe Madureira; the fucker doesn't know when to stop drawing. That Jivatma page is the perfect example - look at the portrait sketch; the character looks much cooler there.

I like that one, I really do. That's the thing, I mostly appreciate his work on the realm of the non-canon. I used to check Falcoon's site often and loved his art before he started working for SNK and I don't think he's a bad artist but I think his designs are a bit over the top for KoF so I'd probably enjoy a new IP under his creative helm.
Ultimately, I think SNK is the one to blame for handing him too much liberty. Not only did he get to create the new Hero Team and start a new story arc, he also got the creative helm of a spin-off series. Yes, people loved Falcoon's art but SNK overestimated how much.

I don't mind alts; I think that's the part where designers should go nuts and they certainly did as you could see with all the reference palettes, something I found amusing in the time before Skullgirls completely killed any enjoyment references could provide.

Motherfuckers…

I'd be level 20 with Balrog by now if my fucking wins counted

I thought Hinako had the same deal as Angel and Whip with genetic modifications making it so that they're way stronger than they appear. Though, I suppose at least Angel has some muscle definition to show for her absurd strength.

Ash is a shit, but I do like having new designs for some characters. Like said though, the fact that the new OC seemed to push memorable characters/veterans aside is shit even if I liked some of the characters. The designs are pretty bad on some of them.

3rd strike, garou, kof xiii or xrd

falcoon was a muhstylefag with terrible ideas

nona, styleos & ogura were much better

sauce?

I'd complain more, but the following 5 losses I had would have gotten me back to Rookie anyhow…

Ash was always hated, I agree with that, but at least SNKPlaymore put him to rest in a very extreme way, as very few companies have the gut to do. But he probably will return in a future Dream Match.

People keep using the "overdesign" excuse but I does not fly that well. If we look at the standard costumes, Lien, Shen Woo, Duo Lon, Duke, Adelheid(kind of), Mukai, Mignon(a bit exaggerated) were no bad at all. But people tend to focus on the extreme examples. Hell, even the Meira brothers were not much extreme if compared to characters like Duck King, Raiden or K'. So, most of his designs didn't deviate from KOF standards.
About the removal of characters like Yamazaki, blame him makes no sense at all. From the interviews of the currently director, it seems like that people just can't find a place for him. Hell, the only 2D game with Falcoon direct involvement that I know of, 2003, had Yamazaki. Damn, even Chizuro was on 2003, and not anymore after that.

Maximum Impact was never part of the main series. And, to be honest, it was more KOF than 2003. It was 3D, so it had sidestep, something new to KOF, but Fatal Fury used to have different planes to fight. The game was frankly amazing for a PS2. And since it wasn't a KOF main game, it never stopped the production of new 2D titles.

But that is the thing, in his games, he didn't messed with canon characters designs that much. There is some really ridiculous stuff, like Leona with belts on her boots, but even so, the fidelity with to the original designs were much bigger than what happened in KOF 12/13.

Hell, it was big, but it was really nice to look at these designs again.
Anyway, he is out of SNK and in general they are doing a nice job with XIV.

SNK still follows his ideas, like, this Leona you posted is pretty must the alternate Falcoon design.

Well, the post got really fucked. Here are the images.

Wow, that Angel is fugly.

An individual IP probably would have suited Falcoon better even if it would have been a pretentious piece of shit game. He can't draw decent Jojo characters. At all.

And yea, that's why Gen-An only showed up in endings only to be ridiculed or killed by somebody past SS2. He was probably the lowest in an overall popularity poll SNK held years ago, so they scrapped him.

The designs have to make some kind of sense. SamSho was really hit and miss (to be fair, SNK was trying a new story), but it got progressively worse with 4.

No, those MI designs are really bad. Ralf looks like a rejected Marco, and Kyo looks like a retarded version of his dad wit that shitty costume.

What are you smoking? They fit because of their time period back then (fuck, they still fit). None of Falcoon's OCs fit anywhere out of a shitty Square RPG where everyone wears a belt over a belt with 10 belts around their arms/legs.

I have been playing Cammy virtually all the time in SFV now, trying to git gud with her. However I am noticing myself going into repetitive patterns (e.g. never MP, LP or LK and only poking with MK)… Need to work on breaking that habbit.

I agree, even like lien exempt gloves
-like Duke and Adelheid
-Mukai works because hes a final boss and works with ancient seals and magic
-Duo Lon is in the overdesigned territory. I've gotten used to his look and like xiao lon though
I'll just have to say I disagree
She was an idols character and like every waifubait character they get thrown out like yesterdays trash. I never see her get mentioned once but here we are again with sylvie.
Duck King is a little much but there are hundreds of wrestlers who wear masks, raiden is sensible. K' was edge tier and everyone even in the KOF universe shits on him for it, but he doesn't have different colored belts or neon colored pants and shirt like they fought a rainbow and lost like most of the MI designs do.

I just gotta disagree with you on this one

I still miss the japanese Sumo representative.
Also Whip is just a clone of K's sister. She wasn't enhanced and even needs to shoot the opponent with a magnum to do her HSDM.

Well, I really like to play with Nakoruru in the SamSho games. I barely remember CvS2. I played that game in the early 2000s at the arcade next to my school. I just remember the faggot playing with Sagat and Blanka fucking my Athena, Kyo and Nak team. I don't even remember about the grooves. I wish the game was decently emulated so we could play on Fightcade.

I hope to see that after Classic Kyo. She, Athena and some others could make give money to SNK for DLCs for a change. But overall, I like Falcoon. Malin, Luise and some other designs are really good.

Probably the same way me and my brother reacted the first time we saw on the PS2. Regulation A is fun to play but has some problems like the characters do not mirror on the 2P side so it looks like NRS games but without the button to change that.

But Fatal Fury had many others that could be considered a bit over the top for SNK standards, like Alfred or Rick, but I like them. I'm just saying that there is crazy stuff on SNK for years, hell, XIV have Sylvie, Zarina and Shun'Ei.

The hair was probably done to remember Marco, that's why he had a costume to fulfill the role. Hell MI2 had Fio and two minigames based on Metal Slug.
But I agree when people say that Nagase is really, really trash. I can't understand how anyone would think that was OK.
You say it's bad for reasons, I say it isn't for reasons. In the end he had his chance and did his thing. I do find MI a great title, I really like the characters and it's a series that didn't changed anything to the original KOF, just like EX did to SF.
And I can see you hate Falcoon art in general, so whatever I say will not make any difference to you.

Some of his characters are as explosive in colors as recent Tekken characters, but The Meira brothers were not that much absurd for KOF, just look at Ramon or Maxima for Alba. Soire was a blue version of Bob Wilson in general.
Raiden was an example of wrestlers, true, but it was one of the "extreme" wrestlers. Hell, you could say Clark is a wrestler in general, but much more "down to earth".

I think I would like that.

Shen is probably his simplest design and also the one people seem to like the most.
I think Lien and Mignon's hairdresser should be shot. I also think a reason these characters didn't really click with people is because their move sets are very blasé; doesn't help they come from a game with a dial-a-combo system, making everyone into a pseudo ranbu character.
I think the beef most people have with Duo Lon isn't so much the design but that ridiculous stance of his. On my end, I'm bootybothered they picked him over Ron.
And I'll admit I like Mukai. But again, his design is very down to earth (no pun intended).

Can we at least bother SNK to add his daughter instead? I'd dig a green/turquoise-skinned monster girl with a giant claw.

I'd gladly swap some EX characters (Blair and Garuda especially) for the crap we got in SF5 though.

Overdesign IS the problem with Falcoon.
Think about the KoF designs from 94' to 98', the designs are fairly simple and pretty recognizable, with few color palletes and avoiding the use of bright and shiny shit.
Now, compare some of the good more like bearable at best Falcoon designs, for example, Leona and Mai. The alternate Leona costume would have worked with fucking blue hair and camo pants. Alternate Mai keeps the same colors as normal Mai, but instead of white, Falcoon uses black. Normal Duke is just a buff guy with a shirtless jacket. Lien is a titty biker. Chae Lim is just a girl on a modified taekwondo suit. All fine and dandy.
Then you have shit like Nagase, a fucking yellow ninja with multi-colored hair. Xiao-Lon alternate, with the fucking flower designs. Alba and Soiree are clearly swapped Dante and Vergil with modern Final Fantasy sprinkles. Luise with her fucking light blue contrasts and butterfly motif. Jivatma and shit. Fucking Hyena.
Falcoon needs someone to tell him to bring his designs back to earth.

Thinking about it, the Meira brothers would work better in Tekken, since Lars is already a thing there.

Why do people play other fighting games when the best fighting game ever made has been out for years?

You're funny user.

6/10, would rather play Jewpuncher.

Holla Forums made a fightan?

Let's focus on the main designs, not the alternates.
My point still stands: Most of the stuff he did wasn't absurd. He do have some stupid designs on his sleeve, but there is this thing: He was not here to mimic SNK past designs, they wanted him to do his stuff, and that was his stuff.

From all his designs, we can say that he hits more than misses. As I said, Nagase is horrible, Soiree is not good either, mostly because of the hat and tattoo, and gets much better in his alternate to be honest, but, we are talking about the main costumes only.
I read an interview back in the day in a magazine were they said that Falcoon wanted to see how crazy they could get with the costumes on a PS2. That's one of the reasons they had a characters like Ninon, mostly to try the dresses and things like that.
I love Lien hair, that sixties vibe of sexy super spy from things like No One Lives Forever or even Austin Powers, so, we have to disagree here. Luise is also quite nice to look at, the blue butterfly theme was something I enjoyed, but this is more of a personal thing.
Jivatma was weird, can't say if it was really good or bad. Hyena was a joke, and just that, but he wasn't like Dan that was a joke directed at another game.
But I agree with the Virgil/Dante theme for the brothers, hell, they even kill the "Virgil" at the end.

About Bob and Soiree, both follow the same patterns in clothing: Exposed top, long pants, and nothing much else. What I really hate about Soiree is the freaking hat.

Both KOF and Street Fighter had some interesting characters made by other companies, so, there is no way they will appear on the main games anymore.

A game whose sequel is called Jewpuncher: Rainbow Edition is unlikely to come from Holla Forums.

Ridiculous as it may sound, user is right. It's why you see virtue-signaling bullshit like part of the DOA community issued a list of tournament banned costumes and other things like the FGC side of the SG fandom whining about cartoon tits. Nothing says "take me seriously" quite like announcing to the world that you're embarrassed by the game you play.

Not with that attitude. :^)
Dunno about KoF EX's characters but yeah, I know SF's are goners. Capcom has this compulsive need to burn every bridge they can and then shit on the ashes.

akatsuki blitzkampf i think

VP
DOA
They need to setup their own events like smash did because they aren't going to get support from anything already established.

Maybe they could get sponsored by youporn or something.

kyos ex team needs to return too

At least smashfags take pride in their autism.

That belt triggers me.

I had a dream about hitting on military women. Some chick was apparently bi and hit on me and a girl I was trying to get with it was funny
I asked some dark haired girl if she wanted a boyfriend, some white haired once walks up and says the same thing. The dark haired gal turns us both down and the white haired goes "Well guess you're my boyfriend tonight"
Fucking hell brain.

There is nothing wrong with Ken's face, the animation on the character select is just trash.
This is the exact same model. I know this because story mode had the silk qipao mod for Chun I included.

Karin looks cuter in the story mode as well.

RIP Charlie

Dear Capcom
Please stop matching me with people way above my skill level.

t. total scrub

They're at least better than "just a bunch of random punching/kicking sprites the character already has" supers.

I just got a ranked match with a scrub, but he was playing on a PS4 and / or a shitty connection so I had 5 fps and lost.

Now Soiree is huelander.

KoF EX3 never ;_;

I never see this Jun pic. Thanks.

Juri…….. T or A?
I'm calling SFV Juri "biker Juri".

She doesn't have much of an ass, but her legs are thick as fuck and it's all muscle.

nvm

Luffy wins EVO2016
His trophy is a bust. Haha.
damn that 3rd strike Chun has thin arms

Did the June2016 update fix SFV?

Apparently Urien doesn't have the naked alt.

When he does his super/CA it shreds his clothes off. Pretty fucking cool.

I think it's alright. I'm not liking this focus on target combos they're taking.
I don't think Ibuki has any links other than LP into LP+MP+HP target combo.

something about the thigh cutouts that look weird to me, I preferred them covered by the black bodysuit honestly.

my obvious bias aside Juri has to be the most well animated character in the game right now, every animation looks so fucking gorgeous.

I'm 90% sure she has the best face model in the game too, holy shit.

What exactly is a "target combo?" Haven't heard that phrase before…

Nigger Im 120% sure its the best

a string of normals that cancel into each other

You're right I just don't want to be biased about my waifu

Honestly Balrog, Urien and Juri really seem like a large step up in quality from Alex, Guile and Ibuki, at least with regards to their animations.

I think they knew fucking up Juri would end up costing them more then it would be worth. Or they like her just as much as some die hard fans.

Can't complain either way

Sorry bro she's mine

funny joke, pretender

Yeah, Urien is fucking rad. Im glad to see Capcom stepping up, even if its just a bit.

Juri isn't that great

Didn't you two settle this in Niddhog or something?

korean-tier animation for your korean-tier wife

Different waifufags
Honestly, no one could take her from me in a game, they'd have to remove my very heart from my chest

polite sage

Hey that's like, your opinion man.

It's a string by another name.

Goddam I want to see someone port Angels costume for Juri now

How is the SF5 pc version? How is playing with a pad? I'm considering buying it.

Be aware that some people experience the game's fps slowing down over time while it's on. Which has been an issue going around since the game launched.

It has something to do with the game always being online, and the only known solution is to actually disable the internet driver.

Of course since everything in this game is linked to being online, that makes playing it feel almost pointless.

Juri-fags are out of control.
Maybe some pics of real grils Koreans might calm them down.

Heh. Like in Shirobako where the episode director's favourite character is animated better. hah

2 for Chun cosplay
3,4,5 for juri cosplay

I'll pass.

2 is geared up

post yfw you throw a burst

story time
>friend bought kof xiii today because he saw me play it and thought it looked fun
>he picks yuri/athena/chin
>he wants to get better, but has no idea how big the jump between street fighter and kof is and his first street fighter is usfiv, which he bought during the summer sale
Is there any way I can help him besides showing him the kof guide?

You could guide him in the right direction, but if he's anything like me, he's gonna have to just learn by playing.

that is even better than having thongmode as a costume

holy shit

its all practice. Like most games the theorycrafting can only take you so far. It all comes down to experience. Its only after some basic muscle memory and instinct are built that the theorycrafting can really actually start to happen and you can actually start practicing for an outcome more than just being able to hit the super attack whenever you want to.

In unrelated discussion, Unreal Engine 5 is great and Cammy in this game legit gets my dick hard when I play. I have to take a fap break when I main her.

How do you switch form mvs to aes in fightcade for Neo Geo games again?

You do know that Juri is fictional? Hhahaha

It's Unreal Engine 4
i.imgur.com/MK6Ju78.jpg
i.imgur.com/A0DFVkO.jpg

Hooray for mods!

Just like pretty much everyone else I hope Peter becomes his own character for the next set of characters, deciding to get swole after getting ruined by Cammy and doing more cop things.

The world lost one of its Wonders when Stryker wasn't in MKX.

Urien looks pretty finished.

Mark when

When we get SFV Decapre

I have the same problem(?). I don't know what to think about it really. I blame the fact that there isn't enough good porn of Cammy.

Having a closer look at that video…

Seems like whatever Birdie throws down is still visible, but the waves can make it invisible.

But then why's that a problem when you can just watch the waves too?

either way it's going to potentially fuck up your timing on a jump.

…If you jump, which if the can is already down its one of the things he might want you to do.

Unleashing police brutality on the new kids would've been so satisfying.

Laura is the HUEst.

Holy shit, he's literally MARK from Little Fighter 2.

they should really make that can more visible in the water.

even just a corner of it sticking up would do.

I don't like her in this costume
It reminds me too much of the original Jack and Daxter game
Which reminds me of my friend.
My dead friend.

And then I start drinking nightquill with my alcohol.
like now.
the zzquill is a great kicker.
I hope my heart stops when I'm asleep.

don't let memories of your loved ones get you drunk user. it's not what they would've wanted you do to.

have some respect for yourself man. they would've wanted you to enjoy life, not cause you sorrow.

clench my fist and move on?

Let people kill themselves if they want to. You should respect their decision when it's more than attention whoring.
They were not allowed to choose how they came to this world. They should be allowed to choose how they leave it

Explain why Sf3 Ibuki's gave up explosives; at least, we know why Rolento wanted her in SFxT.

Look, I would never really hardcore killmyself.
I mean, i've tried sorta
Like I drank massive amounts of alcohol and never had alcohol poisoning.
Done it with drugs too.

Still alive. Despite the efforts at my lowest. I Have to assume I must be here for a reason. Or I am made of stronger stuff than those I have heard about.

why did they bring this back

oh lord

Woah
Nice Reflect

Back in MK 9 Tag Team mode, Sheeva and Stryker where the bomb.

And both have useful tag attacks. Good times.

Urien is ridiculous.

Stun will probably get nerfed.

Urien is the only reason I want to pick up SFV at this point.

There are actually a lot of virtue signalling faggots in the Smash scene, but I think the average person is more aware of how desperate those crybullies are. The recent drama (if you can call it that) with EVO is a great example of "outstanding community leaders" leaping on the chance to apologize profusely to established FGC communities and shit on the Melee crowd over fucking nothing.

Tr4sh is somehow even worse, since it attracts people like pic related.

It just means the Smash community is insanely immature.

Gee.

I wonder why.

There are lots of weeklies where the commentators and player don't give a fuck, but the larger esports stages/events (and the push to be considered "legitimate" from twitter addicts) are pretty shitty.

At least there will always be autistic memes.

By the way, does anyone have the concept art of Ibuki's scrapped designs from the last thread? I meant to save them but it 404'd quickly.

He feels really amazing. Best DLC character in my opinion.

Because Psycho Power is invincible.

Say no more fam.
eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/30/classic-costume-ninja-costume-schoolgirl-clothes-and-even-capes-capcom-reveals-their-ibuki-concept-designs-street-fighter-5/

Ditto.
Just one thing I need to know - does the CA really tear his suit off? I've seen that claim with a video but every other video shows otherwise.

NEW THREAD

there's not enough female Bison