ITT: Vidya gaem flops

ITT: Vidya gaem flops

Don't put games because you don't like it, post proof that the game is a confirmed flop.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/movie/united-passions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyzzyx_Road
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_failures_in_video_gaming
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
archive.is/v54vq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So pic related is actually successful because it managed to earn FOUR MILLION DOLLARS in preorders/sales before releasing.

I like how the head of Crystal Dynamics had to resign after fucking up so hard by making Rise an Xbone exclusive first. Truly that game fucking broke whoever was involved with it.

Project Zero is still a nice series. Haven't played 5 yet.

somewhat vidya related

Did they not market for this game at all? Because I only heard of Battleborn for the first time ever last week, here on Holla Forums.

I thought non Americans loved soccer how did this flop so bad

Don't bother.
The controls are clunky, graphics are poorly done, and the story is forgettable. Don't get me started with 8-4's involvement.

How is 918 million profit a flop if they used 25-32 million to make it?
Or do you mean the part that it only made 150-200 M in all other territories combined?

I don't know what that movie is like but if its about nigger footballers then Europeans won't watch it. Negro players are really hated here, because the Jew team owners hire them into our national teams and then they act like they're French or German players, representing these countries that they have no connection to.

The audience commonly throws hundreds of bananas at negro players in big football games in Europe lol

That's not 918 million, that's 918. $918.

FIFA is corrupt as fuck

that's not 918 million, it's 918 dollars

So Starfox Adventures killed the series.

Hahahahahaahahhahaha
NO WAY
How can a movie make less than one thousand dollars in America. Hahahahaha.

You don't know jack about the film industry then because there have been much worse than that. Why the fuck are we even discussing movies in this thread?

Wait I think I found our answer. It's shit metacritic.com/movie/united-passions

ffs soccer could you get even shittier?

Less than a thousand dollars? How is that even possible?

Shame that money was supposed to be used as the budget and therefore means they didn't make any profit.

Masterpiece wasted on the xbox 360.

Try 30 dollars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyzzyx_Road

Is it true that it's partly about the girl and her older brother from the first game and their child?

this floped had in japan and hopefully in America

Flops so big the internet shook.

What happened with that Star Wars game?

I wish Hellgate were good.

Newfags know no shame.

Excuse me for not being a space nerd

Come on how's that possible ? The movie was only released in one guy's home cinema or what ?

Zyzzyx Road was shown once a day, at noon, for six days (February 25 – March 2, 2006) at Highland Park Village Theater in Dallas, Texas,[3] a movie theater rented by the producers for $1,000.[1] The limited release was deliberate: Grillo was uninterested in releasing the film domestically until it underwent foreign distribution, but needed to fulfill the U.S. release obligation required by the Screen Actors Guild for low-budget films[1] (films with budgets less than $2.5 million that are not for the direct-to-video market).[4]

The strategy had the side effect of making the film at the time the lowest-grossing film of all time, earning just $30 at the box office from six patrons.[5] Unofficially, its opening weekend netted $20. The $10 difference is due to a personal refund by Grillo to makeup artist Sheila Moore, who had worked on the film, and her friend.[1]

The similarly-named Zzyzx has also (mistakenly) been cited as the lowest-grossing film of all time, due to the similar titles and release dates of the films.[6]

ayy

F2P MMO instead of KOTOR3.

Yes I am still angry.

Is it not out in the US yet?

it didn't launch f2p. yes, people payed lifetime subscriptions for that shit.

it is

It was an impressive mess. Fun story, I was the guy who did the reverse engineering re the leftover LAN code, lack of a cow level, the monetization model of their unreleased game (was in hellgate's engine which was shared between the games), admin tools, etc.. Have a couple pics of some of the dev leftovers in the game.

How could you miss the Tortanic?

Maybe one day we'll have a good concept done right.

Did it sell better on the PS3?

One of the scummiest producer tricks (not just in vidya) is to give you a percentage of the "profits".

What they then do is drive up the cost by outsourcing things to 3rd party studios (which they also own) that charge exorbitant amounts. By the end of the day, you end up with 5% or less, if you're lucky.

So this is it? pretty small list compared tot he ammount of shitty games released

Well, could add this to the fire.

The father is "That's a secret."
I still want recent sales data for the game, because that blue bar is just the first week and the red is sales afterwards. It did better than the Wii games comparing the first week.

battleborn going f2p when

If you don't know Tortanic, then you're a fucking newfag.

Does anyone have data on DA:I?

Evolve.
DMC Devil May Cry.
Thief 4?

Also this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_failures_in_video_gaming

Psychonauts
Brutal Legend
Sunset
uDraw
Steam Machines

Most people here have no idea what "flopped" means. If it managed to return its investment then that means it kept the lights on in a studio for potentially hundreds of employees over the course of several years - meaning it was a success. "Didn't sell a billion gazillion and didn't have 80+ on metacritic" doesn't count as a flop.

For example, in OPs images - Tomb Raider was most certainly not a flop. The studio surely made a nice profit off of it.

I payed for tf2 back in the day. B-but I got a hat, so it's all good I guess.

That's all you got as a reward for paying for it?

At least I noticed hilariously DA:I Metacritic scores are
From critics: 8.5
From users 5.8
And people still trust Shlomo's Reviews™

Speaking about offending others, Mexico football fans love to shout "puto" everytime a goalie kicks the ball from… well the goal. Puto means faggot in taco. Apparently it became such a big deal for FIFA that they threatened to penalize the Mexico national team during the last World Cup. Though guess what, Mexicans have been shouting puto harder and harder with each game.

It got so bad that the Mexican stations in the States had to put up a disclaim about LGBT rights.

Source: Me because I'm a taco bender that was born in the States.

Man FUCK Too Human. They literally made half a fucking game.

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

The Wonderful 101 copies sold.

No. If you got it back in the pay-2-play era got the added bonus of experiencing the game when it was good.
It was a good time. It hurts to know that time is over.

They state units shipped as units sold for RE6, and they did the same for DmC Devil May Cry because it failed to meet each of it's targets. Oh and their site keeps the sales up to date to the current year, so some of those numbers and spots actually change DmC was at spot number 52 3 years ago.

how does this change the fact it was outsold by the very game that apparently needed to perform better causing the reboot to exist in the first place?

Still waiting for the sales for Mighty No.9

The Old Republic turned out to be a huge success though, especially after they adopted a free to play model they started raking in cash like no tomorrow

IIRC it's like the 3rd largest MMO on the market right now

so, I made a mistake
It's actually the 4th most profitable/largest mmo out right now, the only ones that surpass it are
WoW
Lineage
Terra

archive.is/v54vq

WoW is fucking sickening, they were bringing in over a billion in revenue in 2013

I think you might want to reword that sentence a bit.

Anyways if your saying what I think your saying, the actual amount during the year it was released failed to meet the readjusted target of 1.2 million sales when the original target was 2 million sales, the pic is listed for this year at 1.6 million since it obviously sold more between 2013-2016 however what matters for a game's performance to companies is it's sales by the end of it's financial year.

how to spot companies trying to cook the books. TOR underperformed horribly and scared away tons of investors.

EA will never EVER get another chance to make a MMO because of it.

They intended it to be part one of a trilogy.

Honestly I thought the cyberpunk cop version that was on the PS1 and Gamecube looked more interesting. Hope one day someone releases a playable build of it

That doesn't mean it was a complete flop, it made money back on the investment

I'd agree with that, but then again MMOs are slowly fading

How about most developers/games besides FIFA and Star Wars that EA has touched?
Yes I am still mad that a sequal to The Sabotuer won't happen (That is probably for the best anyway) and that the full map bug never ever will be "officially" fixed.

The most important part

I feel that it was a shame both games got shut down, but I suppose they were flops, or at least they didn't take off well enough to be considered successful.

Poor Eternal Punishment. Forever the runt of the series.

"Unofficially, its opening weekend netted $20. The $10 difference is due to a personal refund by Grillo to makeup artist Sheila Moore, who had worked on the film, and her friend."

Did it flop?

In Japan? Hahaha yes ofcourse.

The PS3 version was never released outside Japan.

The best Tales of game wasn't released outside Japan and it never will. All we have is the incomplete xbox version.

Good point. The existence of MMOs just makes my hatred for this industry stronger.

Changing a masterpiece into a shitty MMO. This planet should be glassed.

I'm still mad

I think it did decently…like half a million copies sold.

No they're not. The pad is your camera, do you sit on a chair when you normally use a camera ?

Sorry, he's right, pal.

Was that the one released the week the corruption scandal was revealed?

Learn Nipponese.

Remember that shit 'viral' video by freddiew promoting it?
Yeah, I don't either.

I wish this did better.

Someone post WET

I'm on a phone

I'm learning it because I wanted to Learn an asian lang and it happened to be the one I choose. If I already knew Chink or Hanguk, I wouldn't learn it JUST to play some weeb shit game.

Seems to be more than bad, it's shameless propaganda for an organization mired in a massive corruption scandal.

4u

all i really remember about this game was the 'okay' demo before its release

yep, sounds generic as hell

Bombed so bad they literally killed their studios and were actually good games.

You can now cry yourself to sleep knowing that Ass creed, Stillborn and Tomb Raider (pun intended) will never bankrupt anyone.

what is the difference from the ps3 version?

who profits from kingdoms of alamur now

Bloodlines would have been a modest success had Valve and Activision not fucked over the developers.

I've come into these threads hoping for confirmation of DA:I's flop since it launched, and no one's ever been able to find anything. I've come to the conclusion that they're hiding those numbers far too well for it to be anything but a flop.

It didn't help that the game suffered from DC's notorious "we can't advertise our own products for SHIT" issue. It was a moba that was actually kind of fun and did a few of things neither LoL or Dota 2 did.

I'm gonna miss dropping planes on motherfuckers.

It goes on to say it made thousands of dollars in dvds, so it got better.

PS3 version adds the pirate loli as a character and Flynn permanently joins the party, there's other things but I forgot what they were.

Still pretty funny that all the games in OP aside from battleborn were also the titles in their respective series that journos got behind and tried to champion.