Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

Roguelike Zombie Sandbox Dungeon Crawler with enough mods that you can cobble together a functioning Five Nights at Furry's Magic Necromancy Dinosaur World with zombies, cars, and Necco wafers.

en.cataclysmdda.com/ get the latest Experimental one for all the features
smf.cataclysmdda.com/
chezzo.com/cdda/ soundpacks, tilesets, etc
wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
cdda.estilofusion.com/

I hope my formatting didn't mess up.

Resolution can be changed in the Graphics menu.

Skill point allotments can be changed in the Debug menu in options.

Tab switches between world creation menus as well as > and <

City spacing of 8 or 0 can fuck up your worldgen.

I've been trying to get a mega city for a while but for whatever reason its impossible now.
I'm aiming for a trogo run and those are the funnest in huge ass cities with complicated sewers.

The generating system's had some weird code problems the past few builds. Some people are saying they get megacities with lower numbers. The second pic in the second post is from a guy who supposedly got a megacity with city size at 4.

Anyone else fucking around with the isometric view tile sets?

Also, any interest in a community save game? I'm thinking some megacity, artyoms gun mod, the bandit mod, pks rebalance. could be fun!

PKR in the latest experimental added actual NPC bandits and raiders. The old bandit mod's obsolete.

hot damn what a time to be alive!

Gotta go fry up fish and chips for fat fucks, back in like 7 hours, don't die thread

Friendly bump to ask for pics of the isometric tile sets.

Here you go. You fuckers let the thread die like I specifically asked you not to do.

How do I git gud?

Be patient, use bushes and never ever trust an NPC

So I'm playing this for the first time, and I was searching a house for supplies
I'm assuming I just avoided a early death.

So looking around, there are very few regular zombies. It's mostly incredibly nasty gon rape ya bitch! shit like The Juggernaut: Undead Edition, Mr. Bones, Electro but actually dangerous, spitters, etc. Does the rape train ever let up or am I in for some serious shit? This nugget I found didn't do shit to the fuck I shot with it so I've just been running and hiding from anything and everything.

This is a roguelike game heavily inspired by Dwarf Fortress. Basically no, the rape train will never end. You progressing basically just means you'll have more lube, but you're always going to get raped.

These look promising, but really weird.

I'm going to try a run with these settings:

What start/profession/traits should I take?

Case in point, rape train never ends.

I'm impatient so I rolled a random character.

Apparently "mourchida" is some kind of female imam. Absolutely haram.

The game couldn't find a shelter to spawn the poor refugee in so instead it spawned her in outskirts of a large town.

I wield my trusty Quran and see if I can make a run for it.

This is a good thread
Also what exactly are Necco wafers i've always wondered and i'm too lazy and autistic to google them

Stop being a four-eyed freak, user, and join your betters in enjoying the imagination rendering.

Are you sure it's not Sweden?

Did…. did you die?
The rape train never ends, but surely I can live long enough to get some comfy stalkin' on between the inevitable train crossings
I'm playing with Static and Wander spawns, police detective start, and I've almost died a fuckload of times so far. Ironically enough my most useful weapon is a fucking nippon steer forded over 1000 tiemu because it doesn't summon the legions of Satan's asshole every time I use it like the gun does

People say the sheltered start doesn't work most of the time, since LMOE shelters are the rarest buildings the game can spawn.

Some kind of American candy. I'd never heard of it until DDA.

I did, but I'm guilty of savescumming so I didn't technically die.

You stop that shit

Make me, faggit.

nigga we already have a thread

How does it feel running faster if you run in diagonal, you faggot?