The guys at Play-Asia is thinking about localizing Japanese games!

twitter.com/PSVita_US/status/748900106686992384

HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/playasia/status/747991173059358720
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HOW DO WE SHOW THEM OUR SUPPORT?!?!!?

Contact them by email, twitter, etc and tell them that you would buy their shit.

Well. You could always buy their merchandise so they have more money for localizing to be financially viable. And you can do what suggested and contact them telling them you'd buy that.

I think I like this.

Play asia generally speaking know what they're doing, but there's a problem.
Any project of this magnitude becomes a business, and there's a big difference between making a couple of "based" twitter posts and undertaking the entire localization of multiple video games.
Yes, they're already a business, but not in this sector.
Things get big and more people come in and you can't control every single person that comes in or who changes at some point and becomes corrupted etc.
Shit is complicated and only gets more complicated the bigger it gets.
Many bad localization companies didn't start out bad, they -became- bad in time.

Is this something exclusive about PS Vita?
There area bunch of games for ps2 I would want translated, starting with shadow tower abyss to hungry ghosts .
And yes I know about the patch

The problem with most localization companies is that they have no rules to how localization is done. That's where this absurd censorship is coming from. There's no rules to be enforced by a supervisor so all these 20 year-old college kids come in and shit up the games.
So if I were in charge of setting that up I'd instate rules regarding accuracy and needless censorship

It's actually pretty simple to protect a company from the worst of SJWs who try to worm their way into any organization.

While reviewing applications/resumes if someone sees anything related to Social Sciences or Gender Studies, put it in the fucking garbage.
Applicant talks about diversity or social justice garbate at all? Into the trash it goes.

Most SJWs are fucking proud about the bullshit they do and can't help but virtue signal.
Companies get infested because lack of diligence.

Fuck off shills

Go away 8-4.

It's a vicious cycle. The rest of the company gets a guilt trip for not supporting gender studies and social theory graduates, so they're forced to put them in. They were so butthurt about having useless degrees they had to psychologically blackmail everyone else. I guess in that respect, the degree was useful.

I'll admit this could be interesting, even if nothing comes out of it.

Localizations bussinesses considered the axis of evil social justice-ism are bad because their objective from day one was to radically change a product to suit political and/or marketing agendas.

Play asia main target is unashamed weeaboos, they made a (justified) killing out of the DOAX3 controversy. They'll never get anything out of appealing to social justice faggots or normalfags who already consider them to be mysoginistic shitlords.
At worst they become another Xseed, a company that doles out perhaps questionable localizations as far as accuracy and weeaboism goes but consciously never dwells in the fucked up shit their competitors routinely do.

I cant say I want anything.
No upcoming games interested me.
Old well known stuff got fan patches.
If something did interest me it would probably be handed off to cancer like NoA anyway.

Any good upcoming Japanese games?

So all they'll localize are retarded weebshit instead of good Japanese games?

Fuck off, Liam.

Is that a boy? I hope so

I'm amused, but not surprised, that this is already gaining some traction. If PlayAsia had their own localization team to accurately do shit, they could put NISA out of business. I don't know how often they could do actual NA releases, but english is plenty enough for me, as long as it's uncensored.

PlayAsia is better than that. They know exactly who their audience is, and aren't ashamed to cater to them, since that audience is the majority of the revenue anyway I would imagine. Given that they're also based in Hong Kong, they aren't nearly as corruptible as say, some localization company in California.

This would be absolutely amazing, if confirmed.

fuck you prick, we are demand they are supply, its the free market you little shit

FREE MARKET WINS AGAIN

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not going to go through a chain of secondhand reports from Twitter of all places. But isn't Play-Asia just asking which upcoming games you'd want English subs in the SEA releases for? They only said they would discuss it with the Japanese publishers and wanted ideas where to start. How did that turn into "Play-Asia is going to localize games"?

but it is confirmed. Granted, not that they're localizing games, in fact they said they WEREN'T going to be publishing games, but were going to get the publishers' attentions, saying "hey, people wanna buy this shit, in english, uncensored."

twitter.com/playasia/status/747991173059358720

It'd be neat if they did have their own publishing branch though.

You're exactly right. I think that PSVita_US twitter account holder misunderstood. Probably a mix of that and wishful thinking.

They've probably conflated localize and translate. Either way, I like me some English version games if I can support devs.

NoA on suicide watch?

Nice, but it's just an attempt to get more games localised that doesn't get it, because the developers don't think people are interested.
It looks like they're not thinking of performing actual localisation themselves.
Regardless 2016 has been turning out to be a pretty good year.

Did everything start going great for video games after Gamergate?

Daily reminder

Valkyria Chronicles 3 and DOAX3 on PC… is that so much to ask for?

It's true, I tried.

Whats wrong with wanting games

I did too and now I can read simple manga without searching in a dictionary. It's a good feeling.

L-liar!
I'm actually doing pretty good.

How long have you been learning?
If you learned with Annki, how many words did you learn a month?

Are you gay? Yes

I learned kana 6 years ago but I took this shit more seriously last year with all the localization offenses and rampant homosexuality.
I used Jsho and local books in my country.

Pretty rad, user. Congratulations.

user, do you not know the difference between male and female 3DPD?

Who is him so I can look for more? I hope I can notice some budges. Does he do erotic photos?

Are you a nigger or did you just not pay attention in English/Grammar class?

Either way, you're gay as fuck, and that's a chick in both those photos, unless it's a post-op tranny or something either way, it'd 3DPD and isn't worth a fap

I couldn't sleep today and I'm kinda fucked up in that regard.

Shes not bad for a 3D hue

Nah, they can fuck off with their insane prices.

lol hey guys im not a shill, fuck the sjws

now give me money

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post.

Play-Asia is a scam they mark up way too much, and a majority of Asia already knows Japanese and Chineses

They're looking to expand their business. The market is certainly there.

Moe Chronicles, i need to know what are they saying while I sexualy molest my monstergirl companions

Depends on your tastes, user.

Because the Telephone Game, as always. That you even had to ask is silly (necessary, apparently, but silly).

In this case, no one in this thread has anything to lose. More or less, Play-Asia is telling you to mail them at plzsenpai at play-asia and then present them with a Christmas list. Shit you'd buy, that you'd look forward to, that you wanted before but had no feasible way of getting.

And we all know that getting reprints on games isn't exactly difficult. There are stores making their bread and butter off that process right now, like Limted Run Games. Some eastern equivalents would perk up if they knew there was money to be had.

Bottom line: we shouldn't let the DOAX3 thing be a single event. The market HAS to come to speak for itself.

Nigga just import the Asian English version.

Asia-English reelases are typically china releases right?

I bought the $300 version of DOAX3 just to fuck with people like you.

I'd do it again, and it looks like I will have the opportunity to. :^)

I would pay so much for these weeb games…Please Play-Asia. I need this.

Naw, liberals open the floodgates & let SJW extremists pour in because they believe the same marxist tripe.

Localizing as in subbing them?
That's nice of them and I totally support the idea, but my personal goal is to learn more Japanese myself and stop being dependent on translators.

Good stuff. It's rare to see a company with its head on straight in this day and age.

Fuck off you communist retard.