Your Dream Game

Describe your dream game.

An F-Zero themed "Yakuza" game where you play as Captain Falcon in Mute City.

Snarling semi-naked vixens in skintight leather wielding breasts and swords of improbable dimensions.

OnePunch Man game by Platinum and the guy who directed Metal Gear Rising.

Another Stalker

An MMO version of Dark Souls 1, nothing in the gameplay or mechanics changed from what it is. Keep the attacks, weapon/armor upgrade system, spell/invasion system, and all the other stuff, but have it be set in an open world MMO with towns, merchants, professions, and whatnot. Make the game based on finding different weapons, spells, and items that fulfill unique functions instead of just increasing progression to a higher number. Make a bunch of covenants and guilds for people to join. I just want to travel with three or four of my buds through the woods, fighting off invaders and beasts while looking for ruins and treasures, all the while in a zone that is many in-game miles big.

A MUGEN engine equivalent for Super Smash Bros. If anyone hasn't modded Brawl/P:M before you're really missing out.
And I really think that style of gameplay could be fucking phenomenal if it was as easy to create content for as MUGEN.

And let me stress this, do NOT change the combat to an MMO style, like what happened with Dragon's Dogma and it's online sequel. Just keep the DS1 formula, increase the scale, add social stuff, and create lots of items and weapons for characters to aim for, in addition to structured dueling tournament style events that happen once every few days to a week or so. Also add 2v2, 4v4, 6v6, and so on. Maybe even handicap tournaments or ones where you have to prevail against certain fantastical enemies like a gladiator.

Is it weird I don't have one? I'm extremely uncreative.

I was going to write out the whole speech but I didn't.

Makes me sad that there is yet to be an MMO that doesn't have that same shitty MMO combat. Is it really that hard to make a good multiplayer game that just so happens to allow a massive number of players? Why does any(RPG) game that allows hundreds/thousands on a server always have to devolve into shitty WoW gameplay? I'm so fucking sick of companies STILL trying to cash-in on WoW

An F-Zero game where you can also experience the Bounty Hunting part of Captain Falcon's career would be fucking great.

A game set in a mid-sized town where the roads out have been blocked off by some monsters.

You need to scavenge guns and supplies (including winter clothing) to either break through the hazardous mountain roads and reach civilization or stop whatever is causing these monsters.

Dragon's Dogma crossed with STALKER with some survival.

A terrorist managerial sim. You pick which race or rebels and start to organize a group, you have to deal with the reasons and an "enemy" to be sure gather new recruits. You have to decide what type of terrorist you will be (suicide, bacterial, nuclear, random shooter). harder will be your "enemy" then the reward will be bigger but the bigger your organization will be, more trouble will arrive like cops or full on army to invade. Since is managerial you have to research or steal, buy in the black market or recruit the people if you want to make tnt or be able to fly planes in building.

And this game is two faced. You can also play NG+ as an agent and have to discover and find out how to crack the terrorist. This is also a managerial type where you have to deal with the consensus of population and make results otherwise you get less money (think a more complex xcom Union where all the country give you stuff to beat the terrorist)

I guess would really be the cherry on top if all the NG+++ will have a AI that use your old data and make a parallel of your old play as a terrorist, to make some competition.

Armored Core MMO, sandbox.You could have people pilot those ships that deliver you places. Refueling and rearming stations. Have your own nest somewhere that you can share with friends in clans. A whole arena ladder that works by challenging the person above you.

It would have to be a MASSIVE open world. But because the expectation is that most of the world is just copy and paste, that would be perfectly suitable.

You start your own corporations and the NPC's in the game would essentially be people who want stuff done and you compete to win the bid and then other NPCs might offer counter-contracts and this is what causes a lot of the pvp (one contract says to guard something for a day, so like 10 minutes or something in RL time, the other guy has a contract to destroy that thing).

Add tons of stuff to do like control areas, loot things, open PVP. People who like being lone ravens can have stuff to do, corporations have things to do, competition everywhere, etc.

A Berserk game made by FROM software that encompasses the entirety of the manga and doesn't censor a thing.

Isn't Planetside 2 an MMO?

Yeah, but it's really no good. It's ok right now, but its time in the sun has passed and it'll never get a good/big playerbase again.

t. guy with thousands of hours logged into PS2

TR stronk

You sure about that?

Ace Combat Rising
AKA Brave Arms.

Why wouldn't I be?

Rapelay, VR edition. Loli DLC.

A comfy survival game set in the Canadian wilderness. Where seasons change and vegetation can grow back and spread. No crazy stuff like dinosaurs or zombies, just you and nature.

maybe wolves, bears, and cougars could be added in for challenge.

A Halo Reach styled Generic Space Marine shooter set on a massive online world/space area. There would be a diverse set of biomes and locations to fight in. Players would choose between 2-4 different factions and would fight against each other while also fending off alien invaders. Safe zones and all that would exist, you could swap in and out of factions as you feel but would have to buy in every time after the initial joining. Each faction would have different rewards, probably cosmetic things or equipment styles, when you switch to a different faction you'll be awarded a faction specific skin for any equipment you've taken from the others as a "war trophy".

As for the amount of weapons you could carry I say fuck it and allow someone to carry as many or as few as they want with different effects being placed upon the character depending on what they carry, so no doom guy clones running at warp speed with all the heavy weapons. It would also be nice if factions could carve out their own land and territory on the server, with set pieces changing as a result. I'd personally like it if there was a server reset at certain intervals, merely for resetting territories and damage done to the map, people would still get to keep their event/grind gibs and flashy outfits.

Uhh… there's plenty of mmo's with combat that can actually be fun like Tera or that.. Darkfall was it? for an example but the problem is… they are still mmo's so there's all your typical mmo shit shitting the game up to the point it doesnt matter how good the gameplay itself is it's still shit but then again you probably like shit seeing as you'd want to have an mmo.

One where I could go seamlessly from having sex with my waifu to dropping nukes on kebab.

This picture i saw on another thread just gave me a great idea for a game
It could work as a cheap horror flick too.

Sound's like you almost want a game based on this.

An Elder Scrolls that takes place in all of Tamriel to scale, with no corners cut and fully fleshed out features and a huge variety of stuff, with challenging gameplay, made specifically for PC's and with no dumbed down console bullshit.

NEVER FUCKING EVER

Sounds like a modern horror game that might actually be fun

While we're on the subject of bethshit games, I once wanted a Fallout game taking place in Texas, was even planning out a mod for new vegas for that. The other day I find out that a group of hipsters are making exactly that and it's going to be in Fallout 4 and it looks fucking awful.

Deus Ex

Yeah, pretty much.

Though I wasn't thinking that the player would be lost/stranded/trapped in the wild.

Like once maybe twice a year you could go to civilization and trade what you gathered for some uncraftable supplies like proper medicine, bullets or metal fishing hooks, and some luxury items like an oil lamp or thermos or 12 grandfather clocks.

And obviously some autistic survival shit like map being just a piece of paper where your current location doesnt automatically appear but you could somewhat pinpoint it with compass or some rudimentary radar shit or such stuff or from some huge landmarks etc.

A survival-horror game where you play as a stripper who is unaccustomed to firing guns and has access to guns with very low capacities and long reloads, such as the Ruger Blackhawk and H&R Topper, and little ammo for each of those.

Since your MC would be inexperienced with firearms and much weaker than a man: she would have a stamina meter that risks her breaking her shoulder or wrist if it totally depletes. The remedy for this is to use reduced loads (or .38 special rounds) that do less damage, in every sense of the word.

Additionally, many different bones can be broken and you'll have to use splints to heal them.

Also: she'd be hotter than your average stripper and have loads of costumes to wear.

There would also be survivors (no sweaty fat guys, though, just hookers, co-eds, ravers, and non-whores) that you have to bring back to your safe house like in Dead Rising but you can have sex with them when you get them there.

I'd like to see a post-apocalyptic RPG with fantasy creatures being a side effect of whatever destroyed society. You play as someone just trying to survive but as the game progresses gain control of a small settlement of survivors and have to make decisions on the best way to adapt to the new situation and survive. By the end of the game your settlement establishes itself as a regional power with a variety of different possible allies and equipment depending on what sort of choices you made (play nice with some ex-military guys and you might be able to repair some pre-apocalypse military vehicles, form an alliance with a dragon and have it help protect your settlement E.T.C).

So basically Fallout with elves.

Holes the survival sandbox micromanagement RPG

Hey, that setting sounds alot like Ralph Bakshi's Wizards movie.

Can I be Bender with an AK?

feels bad man

There are a few that I'd want.

Tiny adventures out in the wild as an inchling.

A game where you play as a fairy helper for a party of adventurers.

Raildex game where you play as a player-made esper in Academy City.

This, but with Genos as the default character to play as. Can unlock One Punch mode for playing as Saitama with actual changes to cutscenes and stuff. Also a Justice mode for playing as Licenseless Rider with insane difficulty.

a real life sim where you can do everything you can do in real life

It will be directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki.
It's not a Souls game.

Alternatively:
It's a Catherine game. About Erica.

I could get behind this.

i have a few, like a X-com apocalypse like game set in the Taimanin universe on a cyber-punk Japan ruled by various corporations as a corporative republic which, because of the growing demon corruption which corrupted the goverment and most of the governmental organizations that investigated the demons and fighted them off, formed a secret organization to investigate and fight the demon incursions that threatens near-anarchic Tokio whit the help of psychic power linked to demon forces, curring edge military technology and bionics, algonside of some other factions, like a group of ninjas which worked on the past goverment agencies to fight demons that believes that psychic power is the next step on human evolution and survival aganist demonic entieties and refuse any kind of bionic augmentation or advanced weapons since they consider on their doctrine that hinder the willpower needed for psychic activities, other faction that believes on transhumanism and search to construct an AI controlled goverment because of how flawed humans are (practically what Helios bleieved on deus ex), they see that humans need to be closer to machines of pure logic in order to survive, other are "refomed" yakuzas that united aganist the demonic incursion whish have a nationalist atttitude, generally they bring order to the city's underworld fighting other yakuzas and demonic cults, aside of that there are the diferent corporations that also might support these faction and also give your founding and bonuses depending on the company activities, the corruption of the city would seem like it does on the Warhammer world, whit cults and such.

no lewd promised, i just twisted the taimanin wolrd whit Syndicate and Xcom apocalypse

Let's get this out of the way:

Full-immersion VR games with pseudo AIs. No, I don't mean only MMORPGs "because SAO lulz", but in every genre. Imagine living a VN with minimal rails while doing the fight bits yourself, for example.

This would backfire so deliciously in dating sims

A turn-based RPG with no stats, level-ups, armor, or any of that shit. No grinding can save you, it's all in the tactics. Upgrades give you new abilities, but you have to beat a boss first.

The most advanced run is beating every fight in 1 turn, which is possible if you know what you're doing (usually in 3-4 turns for a new player). That's including bosses, too.

I'm not quite sure how the battle system could possibly work, but I have a few ideas. This is definitely a game I could make in the future

and just like that the nip and usa birth rates are kill

A Project Reality type of game with multiple wars and the history to go with everything. The launch game would have Korean War, WW1 Africa, and Iran-Iraq War with free updates and the game being priced from $20-$50.

Open world CRPG with full dialogue options, I mean like back in the day when we had up to 10 to chose from. Minor voice acting so we can put in as much text dialogue as we want without having to record it all.

Multi-year story.

God dammit I hate this shit. It comes up in some many games, like Valkyria Chronicles, where the goal is get shit done as fast as possible. Then you wind up with stupid shit like scout rushes that are completely unrealistic.

You want to make a good turn-based game? Make it so it actually requires intelligence to use. Look up actual military tactics and find ways to make a game that requires them. Give a fucking advantage to shit like stacking up, or setting ambushes, and so on.

The goal isn't to complete a mission as fast as possible, it's to end the mission with minimal casualties, complete the OBJ, and get the fuck out. The most important aspects to this are planning, and then reacting quickly to the unexpected.

Now, what would be interesting is for a game to have an initial planning phase (placing traps in areas, doing reconnaissance, and so on), and then having it so your party (presumably a fairly large one) has to complete the execution phase in a single turn with zero injuries/casualties sustained, in order to gain the maximum benefits.

In short: If you say "beat every fight in the game in 1 turn" and "it's all in the tactics" in the same line and honestly believe those two go together, kill yourself.

Shit this game sounds fun.

Reading gamefaqs isn't advanced.

i guess, it would have you in it, watching me fucking your waifu everyday. making her my own personal cumdump toilet
thats pretty much it

Are you really sure?

a tony hawk pro-skater game set in the future with hoverboards and carpenter brut doing the soundtrack.

i would be able to die peacefully if that happened.

also neon 80s

the only way to have fun in VC1 is just to ignore the ranking and blow shit up, to bad the AI was retarded to give much of a challenge.

Silent-Hill esque horror game based off the works of Beksinski

NEVER EVER

hunter x hunter fightan that actually captures the cool combat system togashi wrote.

magnetic rose inspired squad based space survival horror game

smtxfe

- Went through competent beta testing.
- 60FPS.
- Properly Optimized.
- Feature complete on release.
- Expansions with actual content instead of DLC.
- Does not require additional client to run.
- Does not have always online requirement.
- Minimal political agenda pushing.
- A satisfying ending that doesn't leave the player hanging or require a film degree to understand.
- Not a walking simulator.

a game about a Gym…run by amazons

game with a version A and a version B where A is an strategy game and B is an action game where you play out the battles that the people playing version A are dictating, maybe more versions for more layers if you're into that kind of thing

a competitive dog sledding game, complete with resource management, teambuilding exercises, and pet-the-dogs sections

a game where you play as a rodeo clown

a game where there are no set scripted events, but each npc has a unique personality programmed in, the history before the game starts is set in stone, and everything the player does (plus some RNG) determines what happens throughout the game

It exists.

That's the point. When you're done attacking, the enemy is going to start attacking, so you need to get rid of them before they can get to you. The party won't be large, it's not a TRPG, more of a dungeon crawler a la SMT. Fully utilizing buffs, debuffs, special attacks like parrying, and whatever abilities (upgrades obtained throughout the game) all come into play when getting 1 turn.

The system could reward a defense that completely avoids enemy damage, making that enemy turn not count (and you're still in 1 turn). However well you figured out the enemy's next attack and successfully dealing with it means you have succeeded. Sometimes you can't beat them by mashing attack, you have to find the flaw in their defense, or you have to use a weakness. Not every fight is going to be impossibly hard, only bosses and mid-bosses. Everything inbetween will allow you to practice and master your skill

Any faggot can look through youtube to find the solution to the hardest Spacechem puzzles, or how to beat a boss in a Metroid title. That doesn't make them bad games.

A 1v1 or 2v2 multiplayer game where each player is a sniper/sniper + spotter in a jungle and they manage food, water and rest while trying to kill the other sniper team

The environment would be dangerous enough to where just charging through looking for the other team would get you killed.

It's pretty much a multiplayer version of The End fight in MGS3

That doesn't sound very hard user. It's just a matter of matching patterns. Even a puzzle would be more difficult to solve.

I want a free roaming mech game that's a hybrid of Phantasy Star Online/Diablo and Mechwarrior. Just for fun let's give it a backyard scrap robot car theme like Megas XLR. You're a freelancer in the final frontier after all.

The objective of the game is to wander randomly generated maps on expeditions. You have limited fuel so you have to prepare your mech in advance what you want to do before returning to base. Depending on your mech build you can kill enemies, harvest resources, or scout ahead disarming traps and hacking alien tech as examples.

Mechs are fully customizeable from weapons and parts, to paint jobs, to software, to GUI, to even the little bobbleheads and accessories on your dashboard.

Individual body parts of both allies and enemies can break off if they take too much damage. Lose your legs? Your movement is crippled. Lose an arm? There goes your guns and tools on that side. Same goes for the enemy.

There are no experience points. So you have to git gud if you want to earn the credits and resources needed to upgrade your mechs. If your mech gets destroyed on the field then you will either have to use another mech to return where you died to salvage useable parts yourself or send a salvage drone which has a less successful chance of recovering parts. If you're in a lawless zone (PVP) then other players can salvage your destroyed mech for parts leaving you nothing. Also if you run out of fuel you'll return via escape pod. Unless you're in a hostile area your mech should be in tact when you return to reclaim it.

If you lose all of your mechs you can still play the game and earn money to buy a new mech frame. You can work contract jobs with companies where you pilot their mechs. Or you can rent mechs from other players based on their ToS. Player rank and your license class may limit which mechs you can use.

There will be official servers with a framework similar to the old Battle.net but more secure and modern social management. There will also be an option to play private LAN servers for either single player or fucking around with mods (if you want your private server online you'll have to use your own broadcasting host) incase you don't have an internet connection or god forbid you are banned from official servers.

Ghost busters reminiscent game, where you enter the mind of a disturbed client and kill the mental disorder they have. Visuals are similar to Madoka Magica witch fights mixed with Lovecraftian stylizations.
Secret client can be obtained where you purge her of "Triggers" only to find nothing inside her mind

Ummmm how bout a game with a trans-woman protag, like seriously why the fuck doesnt this exist already….????

The fuck exactly is transwoman?
A dude who chopped his dick off, or a bitch who attached fake one?

dont question me tou shitlord

Crusader kings 2+ medieval 2 total war+ mount and blade warband

a racing sim with soft-body collision physics where the only cars you drive are all 70s-2000s shitboxes

What do I search for to find more music like this?

A massive MMO that does not hold your hand at all. There are no towns, no NPCs, no maps, no sidequests, no wiki, no tooltips. You are given an option of a longsword, a battleaxe, a pike or a halberd and are dropped off at a random part of the map. Death causes you to respawn at a new location altogether.

Dotted throughout the map are destroyed villages, monster encampments, ancient ruins and locales where you can get different gear and also magic gems. Players need to draw and compare maps to each other and communicate in forums and boards to slowly piece out the mysteries of the world. Gems are needed to cast spells but in specific combinations that must be discovered by trial-and-error, and certain spells are needed to open seals on doors that lead to an underground dungeon that is just as massive as the surface world and needs to be entered by different entrances at a time and bosses that must be fought again and again until patterns and weaknesses can be found and everything is a mystery and must be discovered by the players somehow.

Basically, I want an MMO that is all a true mystery and not something devs will launch info online weeks prior to the release of it and basically hand over all of the new shit to the players on a silver platter.

Do you not want a game based on hatchet? That book was fucking great.

Judas Priest album covers-the game.

Bundled wirth Rob Halford telling you how much of a fucking badass you are for concaving demon skulls with bullets as you ride down Route 66 in a game with long-winding roads filled with mecanized cannon fodder beasts and epic monsters to slay, whenever you enter some town.
Dosen't need a story, or a reason for you being there. Just needs to be hard, pure muderfucking all the way through.
Maybe, maybe some time to enjoy the scenery during the night.

Don't get any compliments for it, don't see a single cent.

Yeah, no.

Simply too good to be dreamed about.

Nah.

Also, all the player characters should be lolis.

A game in which you violently beat the shit out of SJWs.

Not burger-flippin' likely, m8.

Give me that one arcade machine Miku game on PC

A guild management RPG thats moddable and actually good.

a RAD game like joint ops with the graphical style, gunplay and first person animations of F.E.A.R.
now imagine that shit as a open world RAD simulator
id include more things but the rest would be subjective, all that matters would be the base of the game

That reminds me of a game that I would like to see

I want a game that's just a skeleton summoner Necromancer from Diablo 2, but the entire game is built around it. Give it a larger scale and keep the control over your character. Make the necromancer a Lich. Slap on some story about world domination where hopefully the Lich is actually a bad person and not totally justified and run with it.

I would probably change it to third person and add some simple strategy elements to moving your armies around, but the core idea of wading into tons of organized or disorganized enemies with your skeleton horde remains. And for fucks sake let me at least have one build where I can just sit back and watch from some hilltop nearby and I don't have to be doing tons of shit all the time. That was half the fun of the Necromancer in D2 delegation. I think having the choice to be a combatant is important for the scale and feel though especially if the player starts fairly low powered. You know give like a split for focusing on your army or turning into a death knight musou type deal where your summoning more actively in battles.

Liberal Crime Squad is mostly that

try it out, it was made by Toady One and still has a following on Bay12

I'd love a game where it's like No Man's Sky, but instead of Spess, it's a fantasy world that is filled with dragons and ancient beasts.

I'd love this game

DayZ but good.

Some action-adventure game about furfags but Holla Forums wouldn't like it because you can't make a good game about furfags, ever. Despite that Holla Forums is pretty much full of furfags anyways. I'm serious. It doesn't matter if the setting is unique or it has innovative gameplay that's actually fun, it will still be furbait by Holla Forums standards just because the protagonist is a furfag.

Custer's Revenge HD

An authentic D&D CRPG that plays at least as strategically as ToEE, but has a a modern 3D engine similar to what you find in Drakensang. The world size would have to be large enough to where I can't possible even see half of it after just one playthrough.

Also, plot would be suitably dark (Gothic 1) and playing evil would actually be feasible and done correctly. (Not just snarky bethesda retorts)

Post apocalyptic (maybe zombie) Harvest Moon game where you have to gather resources, recruit villagers, deal with various issues all while trying to farm enough to keep people fed.

There's "Farm For Your Life" but it looks like a shitty flash game and the content seems shallow.

Has anyone noticed that a lot of peoples dream game is basically a not-mmo-combat MMO?

The main reason MMOs have MMO combat in the first place is because input lag in MMOs with actual gameplay can be completely unforgiving.
Or somethin' like that.

Thank you for that random tid bit :)

A game where you can kill all the niggers, faggots, liberals, and jews.

Don't let your memes be dreams.

The game is gonna be boring shit but I'd be outright lying if I said the gun-man wasn't one of the coolest designs I've seen in a long time.

I don't know, but the introduction has to fucking Explosive.
The title screen would be the exterior of a bar in the midst of a bar brawl, the MC would be in the middle of it. After pressing the start button, there'd be a short loading screen. When the loading is done there would be a black screen, and then suddenly the frame would cut to a large desert environment, Big band brass blaring brazenly. A train would begin to move across the horizon, followed by the dust trails of multiple horse back riders, the camera begins to pan into the frame focusing solely on one ride, Our protagonist. He leaps off his horse and on a train carriage, he shuffles down into the cabin to be greeted by three armed men, he raises his fists.

Pardon my autism.

My real dream game is essentially MGS V in a sci-fantasy world where your base is nowhere near as big as it is actually a Kaiju/Colossi that moves around the map. There would be a PvP element of having some type of Kaiju base v Kaiju base pirate style. Select a class for your character and manage your squad, if your desire. I feel it would be a lot like MGS V combined with Mass Effect/Binary Domain for its squad management and depth and your base is more like the Normandy from ME.