Uh-oh, looks like Mighty needs to sell some more copies! Goddamn...

Uh-oh, looks like Mighty needs to sell some more copies! Goddamn, I wish the budget wasn't so tight they are now forced to do this!

Other urls found in this thread:

gamnesia.com/news/mighty-no.-9-is-now-making-its-backer-exclusive-ability-and-costume-into-pu
archive.is/2kY5j
sega-16.com/2006/07/interview-tom-kalinske/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LOL

this is the most obnoxious attempt at marketing I've seen in months

What the fuck even is that costume? Looks like it belongs at a gay pride parade.

Bravo Con man

So now they're betraying their backer rewards? Is there any way they can get in trouble for that?

It's actually not even that, it's some 3rd party thing that supports jointed elbows. When that costume was announced some user remembered it and manged to actually make the "retro" Beck in it perfectly.

The fuck are you niggers doing?

I does it feel so good to be proven right?

Mighty No. 2 Backers on suicide watch.

POST YFW YOU DIDN'T BACK THIS DISASTER

Even worse then.

Why couldn't they just make a fucking sprite, like the games it miserably failed at trying to rip off?

They can't even dig themselves a deeper grave, but I have to commend them for trying anyway holy shit.

I've been seeing some people retroactively try to defend Inafune here and there.
If you see anyone doing that shut it down quick don't let them do the usual history revisionism bullshit.

CHOO CHOO HERE COMES THE TRAIN WRECK

No they can't, it's their product so they can choose what they do with it. That's how these Kickstarter scams happen.

No but seriously, they still haven't emailed me a game key

When do I get a class action?

retro to an entire generation of kids who are about to become adults

It's retro, user

Oh sweet summer child…

Anyway, are you alone without the key, or is it a common thing? If there are enough people screaming about not getting it, it might actually get noticed

I was promised a game.
They have not delivered.

My friend paid $200, poor sod

Your friend paid $200 for a crash course on kikestarter. It's a fairly average price for such a thing.

Wow, Inafune is so nice! Making dlc before the game is out and now its free!? Nezt he will make an exclusive episode just for the game with that even tighter budget! Man Inafune is so nice to goyim like us.

Please tell me you're baiting, user. You didn't actually back this, did you?

Let's make a list of the stuff we could buy with that amount of money Holla Forums.

inb4 your picture causes an autistic shit storm

I filled out this survey and asked for Steam.
I don't believe I have received a follow-up email since.
Trying to verify the status of this through the survey link results in pic related. Th-thanks Inajewne

The only way to defeat a ponyfag is to not respond to it.

I don't think actual humans backed it, just the borg.

At no point in development MN9 looked like it would be a good game. I don't understand why someone would give it money. But then again this timeline is pretty bad

What was in the survey?

Hell, I got an email just for the golden skin. I then checked an email I never gave them nor was even created before/after the kikestarter was going on and it turned out they somehow sent the codes for everything else there.

Lots of people were still hurting over Capcom's actions concerning Mega Man, so they backed it when there was only concept art and dreams to the game's name.

Literally one question that asked which platform you wanted the game key on

It was a mixture of fags falling for nostalgia, Megamanfags acting like crackheads that needed their next hit and the concept art looking half nice(before they lied and started changing everything and removing loads of features.)

Used to be like that about half a year ago, but it seems like nobody cares anymore, so I can finally use my folder of pony reaction pics without derailing the thread. I used to avoid using them before

more like fags pretending to like a game because meme musicians like brentalfloss and the protomen told them to like it.

Not to mention Inafune was still believed to be respectable and not the reason for Mega Man's decline into suckitude. Woops.

A really nice gunpla kit.

I got my money back after what happened with Dina.

I like how the colors on the minecraft model's torso, arms, legs, and hands are inconsistent with the actual model.

Nothing else left to do in a MNo.9 thread huh? I didn't back it, but it's all just so sad

I'm just waiting for an interview where Inafune actually gloats about how he fucked everyone over. It's the logical next step from this

he'll probably call them entitled for wanting what they paid for.

They haven't even sent out those physical rewards because they didn't even send the designs to the ones making it. I don't know how they could fuck up so much.

Implying they even have the money to pay someone to make the rewards. They will never see it, and Inafune knows full well anyone having dinner with him will probably wring his neck

Some people paid as much as $5000 for this.

$10,000 was the price for dinner with Inafune

Did he deliver? Did he go to lunch with somebody?

dinner*

Kill me, Pete

Imagine how awkward that dinner was…

Do you think Inafune had the guy pay the bill too?

So what do you do in a dinner with Inafune? Pay for the food as well? Pay for a hotel, then the condoms, then buy him for sex?

He probably ordered the most expensive thing on the menu too. Probably went for seconds as well.

shit, that was the first thing to pop into my mind, too

I laughed way to hard at this

I searched for angry tweets, but all I found was the original article. Then I noticed that someone in the comments claimed that the DLC being public was just an error.
gamnesia.com/news/mighty-no.-9-is-now-making-its-backer-exclusive-ability-and-costume-into-pu
archive.is/2kY5j

It was on Microsoft's page. I found this a week ago.

No one is buying whatever the fanboys are saying at this point (not calling you a fanboy, but I'm just pointing something out).

Inafune had better pray to god that Recore will save his ass.

It probably was a pretty tight budget. 4 million dollars goes pretty fast when you kick a portion of it towards an anime, a movie, a western animated series, all after giving your mandatory cut to Kickstarter of course.

Then ran off and had his buddy drink the guy to death before leaving him with the tab Inafune has been racking up for months.

So is MN9 actually bad, or is it just way bellow expectations?

It looks like a pretty solid 7.5/10 mega man style game to me.

Nigger, did you play MM&Forte? Or X games? Or Zero games?
Yeah compared to vanilla 8 bit games MN9 is serviceable. But not to more polished and elaborate games in that style.

"Recent past" can mean five minutes ago in some contexts, retardo
Retro means 1990 and before

It's a 4/10 game. There are some moments of fun, but some seriously infuriating ideas that drag the game down from being decent.

Dashing to kill all enemies is retarded, and it's worse on the boss fights because if you dont dash they regenerate health. Enemies don't drop health pick ups, instead you need to hope you dash into enough enemies to get the equivalent of an E Tank which goes away upon death. There's too much focus on a story this time and this voice acting is very poor. Most stages have chokepoints which are really annoying and feel like they're there to pad out the run time.

RX 480

I've only played the original MM games and Battle network/star force, and the latter too are obviously not comparable.

What a waste, but I'll still check.

Checked

Maybe you should focus on making a game that isn't a piece of shit instead of other things you can't promise.

Also, sup Dinah.

Oh it's minecraft. Goddammit I fucking hate you notch for saying minecraft is retro. This fat fuck is everything wrong with the indie scene. Like it or not. His fucking laziness inspired this "retro graphics" meme.

It's been what? A week since it got released and they're already making backer exclusive shit available as DLC? This shit must have crashed and burned worse then I thought.

What a waste

I guess I'll check. Shitty post but nice get

Damn son

The ability to not need other people on a shitty imageboard to come up with ideas for you.

Top fucking kek, not even Holla Forums gets that triggered by pictures, and Holla Forums is a board that unironically posts tumblrtale reactions.

It even looks gay as fuck. Total waste of all voice acting talent hired.

checkin'

Has there ever been a trainwreck as big as this one?

To continue from where this user left off, you know what could have been a better gamae? If the main character's (Beck) mechanics took some cues from the DLC one (Ray). Ray doesn't dash through enemies to kill them, she just fucking kills them. Her dash is also an attack, which is how it should've always been as it speeds the game up and doesn't put you in as many retarded situations.

They do some dumb stuff with her too (constantly losing health, her entire story) but the game becomes a lot more fun when you can just zip around the place. That's my biggest frustration with the design - they already know there's a better system even within the game itself and still went with the garbage idea.

TOR
Elder Scrolls online

By absolute retards maybe
DmC was made because of him in the first place.

E.T.

That came to light after the Dina debacle, mate.

I think your image got goofed, friend

That is a horribly encoded WebM, it keeps freezing. Try again.

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Ponies are cute

I never understood what that mushroom looking exhale weeb emoticon means. Pride? Huffing and puffing from being full of oneself?

I'll also never understand why people backed this with any more than $5 and at the initial phase.

yep

[i gave around $9000 to star citizen]

[and then got it all refunded]

i dont know what face to make

I would just buy a bunch of cheap Zaku kits and make a little army of Zakus.
It would take forever to build, but I'd like having a shelf of nothing but Zakus.

I think I found Dina's contribution.

Does buying a physical copy of the game count as backing it? I didn't donate money to the kickstarter, but I did buy the game for 30 bucks at Walmart.

I heard that platform licensing costs a lot.

This is some advanced retardation

I'm so glad that there's a prominent nip showing the world that Japanese developers are just as corrupt, lazy and deceitful as western developers.

The Sega Saturn outside of Japan

I was busy being a 3 year old slav playing NES at the time of Saturn's launch, can you give me the short, meaty and greasy of it?

A better game.

Sega of Japan got in control of the entire operation both the Jap and western side and went full retard, they fired their golden boy and replaced him with such a failure of a manager that he got shitcanned from Sony like a month before that, same guy who then proceeded NOT to bring a single sega made Japanese game to the west while SoA was dying like a limped dog on the street, the cherry on top was the fact that SoJ told absolutely no one about the consoles and was like, "hey guyz we have a brand new console coming out TODAY, go buy it now", the retailers were pissed as nobody told them before hand about it, and it took a month for the word to get out because this was the time before the mas internet and the time of paper magazines, the killing blow being sony playstation that was selling for 100$ less, sony literally killed sega out of the console business when it's ceo or whatever came out and just said, "290 american dollars".
Surprisingly, saturn was actually a big success in Japan and it's money back, and it's commercials are still unbeaten to this day, but it was such a blow on the entire company that it killed the dreamcast despite being the console with the most potential in it's generation.

And i forgot to mention, ceo of SoJ at the time was a literal psycho and his thing was that when their monday meeting was about to start he would run into the office and start verbally and psychically assaulting his employees, yelling at them, "WHY AREN'T YOU LIKE TOM!?!?!", Tom being Tom Kalinske, that guy that assraped nintendo with the Genesis.

That made my day

brutal
thankings for the tl;dr

I heard he did that to make them hate Tom, is that true? Or was he just a psycho who worshipped the guy?

But then the physical abuse part… It's a little extreme to put one's own self that far on the line just to make one employee look bad. I'd have to chalk this one up to psychophant Tomfag.
Jesus Christ, Sega.

No he didn't.

You mean psychologically, right?

That's a bit too optimistic

They literately ripped of he Minecraft playermodel. Holy shit.

E.T.
Video Games Crash of 1983
Atari Jaguar
Philips CDI
Sega Dreamcast
PS3
Xbox One
Star Citizen
Starbound
Diablo 3
Evolve

Inafune went to the WC when it was paying time and stayed there for an hour and a half.

Never before have I been so happy to be poor

weed

No.
Retro = Older than 20 years.
Vintage = Older than 50 years.
Antique = Older than 100 years.
Fairly easy to remember.

forgot one, though I suppose it's more of a tragedy.

/ogc/ approved budget racing wheel

HGUC Zaku II even the Origin release of the Gouf could be bought several times over with 200 bucks

It's a 9/11 of video games

I try to block it out of my memory, user. Still the greatest disappointment of my life, a decade later.

what the fuck are they doing?

The art style they finally landed on is literally the worst you can choose.

It's lifeless, bland and BORING.

It looks washed out and bleak.

Battleborn
Also, how is starbound a trainwreck?

It was a massive crowdfunded effort that was delayed for months, has had a beta that crawls along, and is as generic and feature bare as possible. The developers are arrogant shits who have no talent or skill (outside of scamming) and they waste all their time on social media and shitposting.

The cherry on top is that they're goons, or at least closely affiliated with goons.

You forgot Armikrog, WoW: Warlords of Draenor, FFXIV pre-ARR, ESO, Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, and SFV.

MMO failures are so routine I don't really think of them as noteworthy.

True, but it's still fascinating how Legion and WoD are killing WoW at a rapid pace.

Dreamcast wasn't a failure like the saturn tho.
It actually sold well and it's games were great, but the risk of continuing the console business was just to great and with SoJ burning every single bridge that existed with the retailers and developers so they decided to go full third party.

It's still in early access.

I only ever knew one person who had one. I've known countless who had a PS1 or N64.

It was actually picking up speed even after ps2 came out, but Satan himself made the call to the japs and told them to shut down everything.

sega-16.com/2006/07/interview-tom-kalinske/

Suck my dick bro, choke on it.

so whats retro about it. does it only have a few frames per animation? that could be kind of cute

4 games if you're an idiot, 8-10 games if you aren't.

18 meals at a take out restaurant

about two trips worth of groceries for a family of four

some weed

Oh, I'm sorry, when the source is known liar and thief Tom Kalinske, I'll hear you.

if he gets enough weed he might be able to enjoy it, although he would probably enjoy a game that was put together well more unless he just find the badness hilarious

wewsh

Is there anyone left whose defending this?

post hestia

Don't laugh Guts, your new "anime/3d animation" is just as bad as M9.

How so?

Tom was still at Sega when he made the announcement of the surprise Saturn launch. After that he quit in 1996 because he couldn't handle the Japs anymore (specifically when Japan forced them to promote NiGHTs as the Saturn's killer app, even when it was obvious no American kid would think an androgynous dream wizard would be cool to play as like Sonic was) and that's when Jewnie Stollar came along and proceeded to let the Saturn die. Kalinske basically had to watch Sega dismantle his success over the course of a year.

They're not wrong, though. Inafune's a dumbass for doing what he did.

That and naming the electric one the Dynatron.

but hes a dumbass whos getting paid

There's a sucker born every minute.

Verbally abusing workers under you is as japanease as chop sticks and raping chinese people

so not Japanese at all? chopsticks weren't invented there.

Bane?

I'm starting to think that people having trouble with this is on a 419 scam list, especially since it's easy to get MN9 forum data because of how ancient it is. If this is the biggest joke pulled by the gaming press and let's players like Best Friends Play, I'm all for it and I appreciate the awareness they gave this nightmare.

Speaking of Inajew, is Recore going to sell like shit because of his name, or a hit because of the Metroid Prime team still putting in effort in contrast to Comcept?

1 2 F R A M E S P E R S E C O N D

You mean physically, or was the ceo able to perform an actual psychic attack. Because even if I'm a fan of the genesis era, that sounds brutal. :^)

As interesting as NiGhts was, didn't Sega from the Genesis days built a reputation for sports and shmups and action games that was popular for the American market. Sheeeit, I really liked Phantasy Star4 and other JRPGs on the Sega consoles, but even I knew what the big sellers were for them in N.America.

PFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHA
I backed Shenmue 3 with $1500… How bad did I fuck up?

such injustice

You're just kidding with that dollarydoos right. It's in some monopoly dollars conversion, like papua new guinea dollars or something. I mean it's your money I guess, or at least I hope it's your own money. Butt fucking jesus though man! I can think of maybe 3 games that I thought was worth 100$ when it came out. Phantasy Star1, Phantasy Star4, and Chrono Trigger. Even the game that you mentioned, which I remember being impressed by when I saw it on a friend's Dreamcast. Even if I was a yuuge fan of a game, I set my hard max limit at 100$. Finished retail version only, no kikestarter bullshit or pre-order. So far in current year there is absolutely no game that I would pay 100$ for, only very few at 60$, a couple at 20-30$. I would rather go nostalgia fag along with some emulation, or buy some retro consoles and handhelds or something, while waiting out the current year vidya cancer.

what was the kodomo no jikan kickstarter for?

for the western release, duh. it's Project-H's "we're sorry for censoring loli"

SaHa is supposedly on the board so I put some money for them.

I've already read fan translations that probably handled the material better anyway. I don't think I'm interested.

So when are they going to get sued? Class action suit should be in the works for all the bullshit, lies, failing to give backers their shit, etc. Why has no one tried to do a suit yet?

this, pretty much,
When you do it for the money, and not for passion
Asking for donations is different, "Kickstarters" is a promise need not keep. It's no risks deal. And at those prices, I can hire someone on elance to do it in less than 2 months, digital only.

well the said fan translator will be in charge

I'm mainly for physical copy though. and for the fact the author herself is extremely dedicated to the KS. it's not like i'm buying a cat in the bag, except for the possibility of suboptimal translation, unlike all those pipedream videogames and consoles from the team of idea guys

2 years, on cuckchan Holla Forums, we attempted to do just that: a backer had a grandfather as lawyer, looked at the language, and laws, and said that it's hopeless.

If you didn't do a Chargeback or cancellation then,your money's gone.

However: it's possible now that they have publisher: Preorders and buyers can make a class action against poor quality and bad faith. But again, none are buying the damn game, so yeah.

Oi, my mom can be in charge of overseeing something in a foreign language she doesn't understand. It doesn't mean the project's money will be embezzled, poorly executed, and guaranteed in earnest.

My best recommendation is to wait: That author has money, and if she wanted to publish to the West, she could, with a loan, and a real publisher. HECK, she can hire local bilingual friends and colleagues to translate this (too many examples on this).

There's lit. no reason to ask fans for money preemptively of execution, than taking a loan and risking it. I've done it, never asked for a dime, until the work was complete and released, then sold away.

Dear Lord.

Couldn't have said it better myself. In a world where SoJ's leaders weren't fucking retarded, Sega would still be making consoles.

Every time someone posts this, the thread becomes a smug anime dump. Thanks for ruining the thread. If I wanted a thread that was nothing but smug anime, I'd just kill myself because it would indicate that I've become cancer.

==MFW I'VE NEVER FUNDED ANYTHING

Why is the music for MN9 so terrible? The boss theme in particular is godawful and not to mention the credits theme is absolute garbage shit.

Fuck me this sucks. I don't even want a new Mega Man game, I just want something that's as fast and fluid as MMX/MMZero.

Start now

I just don't understand.

TWENTY EKS EKS

this is the impossible part of publishing KnJ. try finding the other publisher willing to release Kodomo no Jikan and then we can talk

eh, not really a fan of roguelites but I might check it out if it ever gets out of Early Access

wat

I just wanted more robot porn.

He's talking about 20XX, isn't he?

20XX is the ambiguous year setting in Megaman. He was making a CURRENT YEAR joke.

oh

Wait how is that a joke

My gigaton nigger!

I was hoping for more call-e thighs.

Shame unending. I would have thrown money at it.

It's the part of the MN9 rap song, "Twenty XX, we living in the future now".

What kind of special hability the golden beck gives to me?

The ability to look tacky as fuck.

A Hi Point so he can kill himself with it.

Did Conman even show up?

IT surprises me how they've learned nothing from Flame Hynard and decided to have Cryosphere be an annoying little shit while you're fighting it. Seriously it's like a low rate dipshit who's only heard of MM decided to make a game on a 10 dollar budget and that's MN9.

That would only be cool if you bought one Gouf and had it be the leader of the army.

Well, hopefully people get the right idea and stop throwing money at kikestarter games. I know I learned my lesson.

their booth was scheduled for today July 3rd, wouldn't that not be uncommon? (don't know, don't go to cons)

It'd be fun if anyone recorded the con man panel (the other kind of a con / it's a homophone) to see if he was trying to damage control like there's no tomorrow (if he shows up)

Exhibitors get 2 days ahead of time to set up. My small booth brought I. 4 helpers, so it should've been natural for a large company to bring in more.

They jewed out.

Okay

Shit/10

I still have no idea why someone would want to pay for a game ages in advance. Even at my worst, the idea of spending money on some fucking pleasure-based item that I wouldn't be able to enjoy till ages later was the most fucking retarded shit I had ever heard of.

Because you're funding its creation, if you didn't pay it wouldn't exist. Just like how no one's gonna build you a custom guitar or table if you don't pay for it.

Diablo 3 still has a massive player base and sold gorillions though. It still sells well and they managed to un-fuck the most jarring problems with the game, including the enhanched jewry.

XBone is at least making a profit, though isn't on par with the gaystation in terms of sales.

Star Citizen looks like a much bigger wreck, but they might at least salvage something out of it. Not fucking likely though

I'm definitely not going to fund something that isn't even fucking real yet, I don't care if Jesus Christ himself came down and told me he was gonna need some of my dough to make some tight vidya.
That's not even CLOSE to the situation at hand. When you pay for someone to custom build YOU something, you're actually paying for a service instead of a "eh it's no promise." If an actual business ran on that premise, they'd be out on their ass jewish lawyers playing with their corpse.

You have to differentiate selling vidya versus buying vidya.
If I came to a business and said "make me this vidya" of course I would put up money.
They're coming to you, however, and asking that you put up money to fund their venture. Without any real benefits besides preordering.
That's why I believe the SEC should really crack down on crowdfunding and give funders a voice, at least, if shit goes south.
That will mean, however, that you are technically an investor and refunds are out of the question. It will give us even more of a reason to laugh at retards who didn't know the consequences of their funding shit projects.

A notable example is Psychonauts 2, profit sharing, but that particular example is a total fucking joke if you actually read the fine print and know anything about investing. The profit sharing in that case is jewing fucking everyone, very slim chance anyone will see any of it.

It'd be ok if it through an "investment" lens and I actually stood to make get more than just vidya out of it, but the idea that someone needs a sizable donation from me, I'm no poorfag but I don't spend cash like it's raining from the sky and I'm risking even getting a competent product in the first place from some rando and his startup company, they can go fuck themselves, especially if I have to wait for it.

This? It seems alright
Better than most of MX8's soundtrack (save that amazing elevator music)

enough rope to fit around his fat-neck to hang himself with

WOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this reminds me of how when my parents annoyed me i'd take their money and throw it away

Meh the boss theme was nothing special but did not think it was that bad.

Now this fucking shit. This is fucking awful.

Is that a Chinese knock off of Flame Hynard's theme?
Also that small red robot with the plug antenna head next to the protag looks like it's stolen from that that old show Cubix.

why have you still not posted hestia

DEY PROLLY SHOT BLACKS

They deserve it.

Hell yes

Wod was hilariously awful, and I can't imagine how bad Legion will be.