Which version had the better song?

Which version had the better song?

Other urls found in this thread:

racketboy.com/retro/changing-sega-cd-game-region-codes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The one you played in 93.

You Can Do Anything, no question. Fits the general tone of Sonic CD and the general style of music in the original Sonic games (elements of mainly R&B and classic rock with traces of punk, jazz, and techno/dance) better than Sonic Boom.

US version has the better ending theme, though.

Both versions had amazing soundtracks. I can't take one over the other when their both amazing.

*they're

USA, now fuck off already.

The original, because the Game Over theme ties in with it and it's in Sonic 2 8-bit. It's like pottery, it rhymes.

Both are really good but the original is better because it goes well with the animated opening.

I was going to interject but then I realized I hadn't listened to the US soundtrack. So I did. It just pales in comparison to JP's soundtrack. Nowhere near as fun or memorable.

You know what makes me sad?

whenever I look back at how big sonic was. The Ova and Opening to Sonic CD do it the most, but also the Opening to Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

They was a time when sonic was Huge, and he could stand up on his own two feet. Sonics not the only one who met this fate, but whenever I look back at games with similar fates, its crushing. Seeing something that was once a giant get toppled.

US fits the opening

Sonic boom is replacement filler trash, the original fit the imagery, if you disagree kill your self.

I always found You Can Do Anything to be INCREDIBLY bad.
Sonic Boom is so much better it's not even funny.
But Holla Forums is historically completely deaf when it comes to music and doesn't know shit about music in general, so discussing this here is kinda pointless.

Sonic Boom fit the pacing of the video, had more character and a 90s feel to it. The JP soundtrack was just anime shit

I prefer the original. It's much more energetic and inspiring.

Yeah I always found it strange how Holla Forums on halfchan and fullchan had awful musical taste. It's quite disconcerting actually.

You don't think that cheesy rap had an early '90s feel to it?

No, it did not.

I disagree.

Neither. Sonic CD had an awesome OST and alternate ST.

Are you trying to tell me that this isn't god tier?

The US version is obviously the best, it't just Holla Forums is a bunch of contrarian weeaboo faggots who think Japan = better.

is it bad I think the jap boss theme is better?

I perfer the American Opening, but Work that Sucker to death is a much more fitting boss theme.

Past tracks were better and were the same across both versions. So fuck everybody's arguing. This game is awesome.

This.
The JP/EU is ridiculous and senseless noise compared to other Sonic games IMO.
The US isn't amazing, but it has a nice feel, and it's a good change of pace for sonic.

that's the only song you can vouch for, honestly

You say this every fucking time no matter what track.
Tidal Tempest, Time Attack menu, Collsiion Chaos.
How far do we have to go for it to no longer be "cherrypicking"?

I bet you like Treehouse "localizing" your games, too.

Heh, it's just personal preference, but I find most US tracks inferior to JP/EU's.

This one's tough to beat.

I like this version best.

I must have missed the part where SEGA made Amy wear less revealing clothes than the JP version.

Changing the creators' vision, regardless.

I haven't heard any JP/EU song that doesn't sound like a retard with 10 minutes and a synthesizer.
That "special stage" music is an especially bad offender.
I like upbeat music and fast drums, but this is just insanely terrible.

And I've seen you assholes try and claim that the US ost was made by a talentless hack who used connectionsto push gabage music into the game, when to me, this shit clearly needed to be fixed.

Was there a reason why they changed the tracks in the US version, or was it just done because they could?

"Cause they could" is the most common answer, but there's speculation that licensing or fear of future licensing issues could have been the real reason.

America have always had things changed to appeal to them.

For fear of mockery.
Btw. Does this sound familiar JP fags?

Sonic boom fits the intro really well, but the japanese version has a better ending theme, both are good whatever you choose.

IIRC it's actually a licensing issue

Both of them are extremely better than this fagot shit.

Honestly I love both soundtracks to death. Just enjoy them both.

Boom > Toot

In-game: JP > US (though there are exceptions)

Frankly I prefer JP/EU because it sounds a bit more Sonicy

Don't bring other Sonic games into this because they all sound a million times better than this crap.

JP version is fine

I just got a SegaCD and want to play Sonic CD but with the original Japanese tracks. Is there an ISO out there that has everything from the UK version (Jap music + English Text) but is compatible with NTSC systems? Anyone know where I can find it? I normally don't ask to be spoonfed but my own searches are coming up empty.

That makes sense. Wasn't that also the reason they didn't bring over any of the other Mother games?

In this case that's just an incredibly arbitrary way of thinking.

The PAL and US box art are pretty much the same

Couldn't just search "SEGA CD region change"? That's basically all you needed to do.
racketboy.com/retro/changing-sega-cd-game-region-codes

It's why Earthbound took so long to come to virtual console, iirc NoJ wanted a few things to be changed and NoA just couldn't be bothered.
The previous game didn't come out because of marketing bullshit and the fact that they translated it so late i the NES's life, and mother 3 was i guess because the SNES game did so medicore it wasn't worth it. Or maybe the cross dressers triggered them i don't know.

I was looking for a pre-baked ISO, how would I know to search for a program to manually do the region change?

by not being a lazy shit and expecting things to fall on a silver platter?

It sounds retarded compared to real early 90s rap.

You are now christened dumbest nigger on the board.

The funny thing is you're acting like a cock for no reason, that link you gave me was actually shit, out of date by over a decade and that program is defunct.

I found it after going on a tangent from there.

Not everything is on goggle and you just proved it, you smug faggot.

This is on the same level of that guy who posted Donkey Kong Country as an example of why "Japanese" video game music was better than Western ones.

Oh, this old game.

The JAP/EUR one sounds like the South Park guy's voice

The 2004 one for pc that had the crush 40 cover of sonic boom