Anyone else think they actually look kinda cute?

Anyone else think they actually look kinda cute?

==GARBAGE
A
R
B
A
G
E

They are super cute user, on that alone this will probably be a best seller for SE

Agreed, Japan loves things kawaii.

How the fuck is Toriyama going to fuck this up?

No, they remind me too much of those funko pop shits

I don't think Toriyama has any involvement with this game. So Lightning might be less shit than the FFXIII games.

I want to fuck the chibis.

Didn't Toriyama force the XIV devs to make an event with Lightning?

I think he also spearheaded Lightning as MC in Duodecim as well.

it looks aweful, low effort chibis

Not really, no
It looks awful and it's a cheap cashgrab from the decaying SE

I want to ____ Shiva.

I want to _hug chibi Quistis.

He's currently busy with a new protect, so he seems to have his hands full. I could be wrong but lets hope this is true.

This is the blobbiest and least-appealing shitshow of an "art style" you can possibly attain, without devolving into amoeba-like blobs with animu face parts randomly scattered within the material confined by their cell walls. I don't even give a shit about its relation to Final Fantasy, this is an abortion of visual design as a concept. It's one thing to have simple-faced anime looks, and it's another to go for the chibi bobblehead look, but this mix of blank-faced dolls that can barely mimic facial expressions and the model shaping that makes them look like the exact kind of cheap, chintsy shit you'd get out of a collector's edition of some AAA trash births a whole new monstrosity for the eyes to feast upon.

There's a thin line between "cute" and "dead-eyed plastic abomination", and this shit races over it to the latter side at Mach 5.

Not really, no.

There's something really fucking wrong when the best game they have is an MMO. Shame some people at Square want it dead.

Oh my god, don't tell me he made another one.

He would make dozens of games with Lightning as the main character if they let him

Once XV releases and XI gets the final bit of its final content cycle, hopefully they'll reassign those people to Yoshi-P's division. Or at least some of them. Fuck that man needs more manpower.

I swear I've seen this exact same thread 3 times now.

Honestly, no. It looks like they put so much effort into making them cute, that they just ended up looking bland and pretty generic.

Gameplay wise the game doesn't look to bad, but nothing particularly special.

Even for chibis, it's a bit too much. I think they could have gone for a stylized look that was better.

Though I do like cute stuff like it.

Reynn a qt

I don't think this style counts as chibi

It looks closer to Chimichara or Boku style.

Looks like something out of Hanamaru Kindergarten to me

Of course he lacks creativity.

That makes it harder

OH HECK

EMBARRASSING
M
B
A
R
R
A
S
S
I
N
G

I want to invade their reality as a full sized normal human and kick all their heads off with a nice PLOK sound and collect their heads on my wall
I'd be like Godzilla just walking around and plokking everybody's heads off
plok
plok
PLOK