Commandos 2

Is there a game like Commandos 2 but you play as the Axis?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Sasso_raid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Greif
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Crabb
store.steampowered.com/app/46560/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I doubt it. No one wants to make a game starring the axis in fear of getting called nazis.

There's plenty of material for one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Sasso_raid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Greif

I don't imagine the gameplay is exactly the same, but Silent Storm is a RTT game where you can play on either side as a team of multinational secret agents in the mid-late war. Had two expansions. Heard it's good, but can't say myself. Has some doofy mecha suits that a lot of people don't like, though they can be modded out.

Very nice

Silent Storm(and the Sentinels expansion at least) is excellent, but it's a very different game. Commandos is something like a puzzle game, while Silent Storm is turn based strategy.

Yeah, that was my thought as soon as I pulled up gameplay of Commandos. Still, it's somewhere in the vein of what he's looking for.

The 'at least' part's got me curious, now, how's the Hammer & Sickle expansion? I've never heard anything about it when I looked into Silent Storm.

I played the demo when it came out, and it was kind of a mess from what I recall. It was awful to the point where I didn't even bother pirating it. Hammer & Sickle was also made by a different developer than the base game and Sentinels.

That guy is probably the most interesting person to ever exist in recent memory.

Not sure where his allegiances lied since he was the best Nazi commando and would go on to work for the Mossad. Yet he had ties to Gaddafi and Apartheid South Africa. Perhaps he just liked working for nationalistic movements.

meant for

There were lots of interesting people during WW2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Crabb

Great wars produce great people.

You can probably get a Commando feel out of Faces of War/Men of War.

No he's not there are many people who interesting across all time i.e. Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck the man who should've ruled Germany instead of Hitler. If Trump is Hiter than Ron Paul is Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck.

They also produce great cemeteries.

I wish more games still used the commando graphics style…

there are many games like that

No need to get mad about losing nazicuck

Not Commandos 2.

And wasn't there a ninja game in the vein of Robin Hood in development?

Soldiers: Heroes of World War II plays more like commandos and you can play germans

faces of war also a bit.

In Men of war the battles become bigger and more rts like.

No you fucking retard, you're not understanding my point. You said
And I am pointing out, that while Germany lost WW2, they lost a LOT of wars that were a part of that. So you could easily make a game about German commandos, for example in Germany vs France war.

Also, they did win a lot of the battles against Britain, Russia, USA too. You could easily make such a game, leftycuck.

He wanted games with the Commando 2 graphics style. Desperados has the same game engine and exact same graphics style.

There is a Robin Hood game like that. I played it once, long ago.

Whats it called

Found it, ez

store.steampowered.com/app/46560/

And I just remembered what the ninja game is called, Shadow Tactics.

Looks nice. I just hope it's not a "sneak up behind and one hit kill" ad infinitum snorefest. Not that that mechanic is generally bad, it just shouldn't be overused. Most of a stealth game should be about getting by undetected, not about killing an army one by one from behind.

If it's anything like Desperados/Robin Hood/Commandos each level will be a puzzle you need to figure out.

And in all three of those games pretty much everything is a one hit kill. The trick is how to pull it off without alerting the whole base, because past the first Commando certain enemies notice if one of their buddies is missing, and go investigate if something is amiss. And if you fuck up and they sound the alarm the base gets flooded with enemies.

Commandos 2 is more game and less puzzle, but is also the pinnacle of this "genre". I just hope Shadow Tactics lives up to what it had achieved.

That's probably asking for too much. Sounds like Commandos 2 was the culmination of a niche genre evolving game by game, developers becoming better and better at making that sort of game. That lineage broke over a decade ago so even if the old guard are still around they would be rusty and have to relearn some lessons they had already learned back in the day.

Maybe I'm wrong and there have been games in this genre throughout the years, I'm actually a 3D, realtime, FPS kind of guy, never was very interested in anything turn-based.

All of these games are real time.

Some of them even have a "planning" mechanic where you can set up triggers that tell a given character what he'll do, or what weapon he will use, once you activate them. They're sometimes necessary to work your way out of sticky situations where you don't have the time to micromanage otherwise.

Still, I'd recommend you pirate Commandos 2 and give it a spin. There's nothing quite like it out there.

wew

Wait, they're not turn-based? It really has been over a decade, wow.

hurr hurr hey anyone have a game where i can kick jews in the balls and send niggers on dangerous test flights for space shuttles instad of upstanding citizens such as chimpanzees?

What is your problem? Upset that Trump will win?

Man you are so right there, poor freaking chimps dindu nuffin to deserve such abuse.

Are any commandos games after 2 worth it?

No. 3 is complete garbage, and any other spiritual sequels are shit as well.

Was it done by a different studio or something?