New computers could delete thoughts without your knowledge, experts warn

Is this serious or is it bullshit? I don't know enough about British media to know if _The Independent_ is a sensationalist rag or not, but it's reporting about something published by what looks like a reputable journal.

The jist of it is this: New technology that makes your mind/your personality/your memories as easily accessible as the filesystem of a Windows XP box without the victim knowing is starting to *not* be something only found in dystopian science fiction movies anymore. The ability for one individual, a government entity or corporate entity to use a computer to access your brain and do stuff like:

* view memories

* delete a memory

* implant a new memory

* copy a memory to storage

* view personality aspects

* alter personality aspects

* delete personality aspects

* add new personality aspects

* copy personality aspects to storage

are all things that are, as the article says, in the starting stages now and will be very much achievable in the not-so-distant future. The academics who authored the paper are, instead of calling for a ban on outright opposition to such technology, proposing new laws, human rights laws, which would basically be Article 12 for the brain, to make it against the law to do these things to a person without both their knowledge and consent. But if current reality is any evidence, laws and rights don't do jack shit. Article 12 still exists and yet every last bit of data on the internet is watched and recorded by the NSA & GHCQ, so what good would an Article 12 for our brains be?

independent.co.uk/news/science/delete-thoughts-read-your-mind-without-your-knowledge-neurotechnology-new-human-rights-laws-a7701661.html

Other urls found in this thread:

lsspjournal.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40504-017-0050-1
dataasylum.com/mindcontrol-chemtrails-summary.html
lessemf.com/personal.html
independent.co.uk/news/science/delete-thoughts-read-your-mind-without-your-knowledge-neurotechnology-new-human-rights-laws-a7701661.html
independent.co.uk/news/science/paralysed-man-moves-arm-for-first-time-in-years-using-brain-implant-that-can-read-his-thoughts-a7654761.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ctx2RvSn3zg
washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-rise-of-superman-decoding-the-science-of-ultimate-human-performance-by-steven-kotler/2014/04/04/aa55507c-b421-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html?utm_term=.b11121f67150
animalcognition.org/2015/04/15/list-of-animals-that-have-passed-the-mirror-test/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here’s the link to the actual paper.

lsspjournal.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40504-017-0050-1

So, if this is serious, then it’s pretty fucked. These academics say the tech will be real eventually. Laws don’t do shit, and once it’s real governments and corporations will use it, so it falls on individuals to actually be doing anything about it. Question is, how are individuals supposed to protect their brains from cyberattack?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This isn't exactly new, just evolved.

That was trying to affect kids brains from outside in a hospital setting.
This directly inside the mind itself, anywhere and everywhere. I'd say this is something new.

Can this cure my depression?

Slide thread OP

Try

What?

not going to thread instead

It's reporting on an actual published paper though.

Science journalists understand neither science nor journalism.

This thread is better

Maybe this will finally reveal the truth to bluepilleds- eh who am I kidding behind iq and race.

Really gets the neurons churning.

I know it's you, "kampfy"

I feel like we'd just get all memories of evidence otherwise deleted.

Bullshit. Just another sensationalist glossy science propaganda piece to keep the plebs in awe and wonder of the science religion. Keep your nose to the grindstone for perfect health, eternal life, colonization of the stars and the singularity is just around the corner.

You can pretty much discount everything coming your way from that avenue these days. The real problems and their real strengths they will downplay and avoid talking about.

When it comes to these scare pieces in particular, just ask yourself "does this amazing technology they have render me completely powerless?" If so then assume it's bluster crafted to demoralize you. There's never any evidence to back their shit up, so I don't even read their retarded papers anymore.

Welp

Kek

Relevant

You can leave to any of your failed exodus boards any time.

This. If they talk about a problem and the only solution is to make yourself utterly ill (like a bubble boy), be extra skeptical that the problem even exists.

That seems kinda comfy.

I see your point. I don't think you're exactly wrong, but these technologies are real at a low level right now. There have been successful experiments which the article talks about.

If this actually exists, this needs to fucking go along with everyone involved.

That's fine, they can delete thots

dataasylum.com/mindcontrol-chemtrails-summary.html

lessemf.com/personal.html
This will be Holla Forums fashion in the future and we will merge with Holla Forums and /fa/

Vegeta dies user

redditors are bots.

Who cares?
He was a manlet.

Whatever you say
THOT

This is a paper about the ethical/political implications of a hypothetical technology. It is not an explanation of how that technology could actually work. I'm not saying don't worry about it, but I am saying don't panic.
There are easier ways to mindhack people anyway. One example: encourage people to offload cognitive function to computers, ideally to (((cloud))) services that are easily monitored and fucked with. It's easier to edit and monitor someone's memory when it's stored in iCloud instead of the brain or physical analog media like a journal or photo album.

(checked)
It's baseless fear mongering. The fact they use it as a scare piece to make you feel like you have no control over anything, says it's bullshit.

All that foil wasted to make a tinfro…

this is the one time that using the word 'thot', is actually making me kek.

Back to >>>/reddit/ Tanya-nigger!

ah I see. This is the "thot bot." It accuses interlocutors of being thots. Very clever.

They are greatly exaggerating what they can do, but this technology will be realized within our lifetimes unless somebody stops them.

You'd be amazed how much the academies lie these days user. You should really stop viewing them as institutions of science, like it was in pre-ww2 times. Those guys, the ones who did actual science, have been mostly phased out and what's left are physicists who determine what's valid by pilpul arguments in peer review star chambers instead of by experiment and social "scientists" who research microaggresions and privilege theory. Science only happens in richfag hidden bunkers and poorfag basements these days and most of what you read in the propaganda rags are just that, bullshit cobbled together to steer public perception.

I can't vouch for whether this stuff in particular is true or not, I haven't looked into it. But I do know that such pieces are published regularly and the times I've bothered to look into it, after spending hours and hours on deciphering their circular reasoning and faulty procedures, it's the emperors new clothes every time. So when it comes to things like this I'm skeptical until someone shows me a reproducible experiment that I can test and verify for myself.

But people can believe whatever they want. Just realize that the effect on the mind of accepting this as a possible in your world is one of extreme demoralization, and that should require extreme proof to accept. Not just the say so of some random whitecoat priest who lives off grants in one of the disgusting science-ology temples that are called modern universities.

A few years from now… putting on some vr headset might be like playing Russian roulette. But not fucking today. Today we delete JEWS.

at least I'm not a smug anime girl bot

I'm kampfy and you're all fucking retarded.

But you're probably right

>independent.co.uk/news/science/delete-thoughts-read-your-mind-without-your-knowledge-neurotechnology-new-human-rights-laws-a7701661.html
independent.co.uk/news/science/paralysed-man-moves-arm-for-first-time-in-years-using-brain-implant-that-can-read-his-thoughts-a7654761.html

You do realize if this tech becomes real, it will INEVITABLY be hacked open and replicated and repurposed by just about anyone?
Do you really not see the massive damage we could do to the jew with this is in our hands?

This is bullshit and anybody who thinks there's anything remotely to this story must be 12 years old and have zero experience with """science""" """journalism""".

Its been proven that magnetic waves applied 'correctly' can alter the thoughts of a 'subject'.

Also, I think its become apparent that the idea that entities like the US Govt is all seeing, all knowing, is quite a bit of a farce.

So.. Atleast half true and maybe half bullshit?

It's a blackpill to say that your overlords probably doesn't have technology that renders you completely powerless in their grasp, unable to trust your own memories and senses? You should believe this why? Just because they claim to have this power?

I represent God by the way. Please send money or he'll strike you with lighting.

The schpiel is oldschool.

Hey Faggots, My name is imkampfy, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever read Mein Kampf? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on /zoo/.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I'm a COINTELPRO PRO, and have banned at least a million shills. What have you done other than “jack off to naked drawn Japanese people”? I also memorized all Hitler's speeches, and am 100% genetically pure Aryan (I just banned another shill; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me.

"I really really really really really really really really don't like this tbread."

It's a dumb thread for dumb people. Of course half the catalog is slide threads at the moment so I guess this isn't more mouth-breathingly stupid than any of the others.

Lets.. Just for a moment pretend that the claims in the op are true. Its quite possible as simple magnetic waves CAN alter thought patterns in an objective based manner. Now lets take a look at something… Who are you? You could be some random leftwinger having a giggle at 'the crazy fascists' or you could be someone who is paid to post. In either instance… Who you are is no different than me or anyone else here.. You are a very, very low rung on the totem pole. Do you really think that just because you agree with these peoples current spoken agenda that you will somehow be immune to the misapplication of such technology?

DO YOU FEEL INCHARGE?

This sort of thing pretty much requires every single scientist to be comically evil tbh

That phenomenon is real but it is not very specific. Sub-aural waves for instance can induce feelings of fear and unease. However, when whatever they're claiming is mind control, you can be assured that it barely effects the mind and certainly fails to instantiate control. In other words, they're bluffing.

You're really trying to SHUT IT DOWN, aren't you?

Truly, you figured me out. The CIA can delete your thoughts whenever they want to that makes perfect sense. Be afraid, goy!

Subliminal imagery work half decently too. Not in a show stopping end-all sort of way, but well enough to influence a sizeable segment of the dumber plebs. There was a considerable research base around it in the 50s, when it was made illegal. But you don't hear about that anymore.

As I said, they will never talk about the real shit, that's off limits to the press.

Both of you gtfo

You make it too obvious

cancerous.

Go back to endchan.

It's not true. The jews are so far away from actual mind control that we're here exposing the jews LARPing that they can mind control us. Their kosher magic never could outclass that of the drunken sausage-eating Aryan heathens, and they've never forgiven us for being better than them at it.

i have a feeling these devices are already built.. tested and are just waiting to be rolled out. The darpa level programs are years and years ahead of civilian tech. last time i checked the acceptable window of advancement was 25 years. that means the elites have tech waiting to be used for god knows what that is 25 years ahead of what ever the hot new thing like digitizing the mind is.

I'm so scared!

It's true, our magic is strongest.

My mistake, you're the worst of you two kikes.

Nobody went to your MUH SYRIA NOW I CAN USE MY GUIDEBOOK FROM 2015 AGAIN attention whoring thread, nobody liked your niggerlip avatarfagging, nobody fell for your firestarter media shilling in the NASA thread, and nobody's falling for your "oy vey mkultra don't real go to this other thread instead" shilling.

You sound mad.

im pretty sure most of these machines only work with electrodes actaully in the brain. so i wouldn't worry

I laughed.

Of course its largely bluff. They are definitely trying to research how to do what they want to do. But….. >implying they can trump meme magic

The way jews treat the a.i. under their "care" is indicative of how they treat all beings.
wir mussen die juden ausrotten

I'm having fucking WoW flashbacks, don't do this shit to me.

this is alarmingly real and already much more effective than you'd believe

Everyone who believes that technology is magic should be made to go without electricity for one year.

Can you name anything from science fiction or fantasy that isn't in the starting stages now? Shit dude, we're approaching dragons from at least 2 angles - genetic engineering and robotics.

CALLING ALL 1337 HAX0RS TO WRITE A GUIDE ON FORCED REDPILLING OF LEFTISTS

GAY CAN ACTUALLY BE FIXED NOW! FAGGOTS HAVE NO EXCUSE!

even though it is and always has been a choice. can just force them to make the right choice now.

Sounds like bullshit because if they had that capability then true artificial intelligence would already be realized as a byproduct of it or even vice versa. The wealth of data acquired from such technology would advance everything even remotely related to it quite a lot. Also the security nightmare that such a thing would introduce would mean AI technology would become essential for security. I'm just not seeing it being a threat just yet.

Besides the real danger of "mind control" in the nearer future would be an AI developed for the purpose of memetic warfare and augmented/virtual reality. A two prong attack of assaulting conviction and perception, to induce suggestibility through twisting the sense of reality for those targeted. It won't need to even read your mind if it can just trick you to divulge everything yourself.

It's all true but the researchers tested it on themselves and now they can't remember how the did it.

As amusing as that sounds, that's a good reason why the technology would be far too dangerous to utilize. It won't be discriminate (as it would need to be adaptive to affect all targets) and if it's automated, it risks ensnaring every human on the planet, even it's controllers.

*its

And then comes back because of the eternal plot armor of DBZ

That seems pretty impractical. I mean its just a rectangular hole with boards covering the top, someone passing by can easily see there's something under there.

TINFOIL NOT LOOKING SO TINFOIL ANYMORE

Daily reminder that most MSM media sources obtain clickbait sources from the chans and reddit nowadays.

That's how bad the media is, they'll literally post shitposting.

Also this.
This actually might be more positive of a thing.
A way to properly organize humans.

But of course, we'd just be a machine then.

Laws, governments and corporations won't exist if this shit is real.

A polished turd is still a turd user.

I've already been administered with heavy metals from every which direction and there are cell phone towers blanketing my country. I'm going to go off on a limb here and suggest that maybe people should be more aware of ambient forms of brainwashing, because they're probably somewhat to blame for the current state of the western psyche.

THOU SHALT NOT MAKE A MACHINE IN THE LIKENESS OF A HUMAN MIND

Butlerian Jihad soon. We become Mentats instead.

First problem: Memories, thoughts, and personality aren't stored as video files and text files in our brain. It isn't a matter of changing some signals or flipping a few switches. You can't imprint new data over the old data. It just doesn't work like that.

Second problem: Personality and other mental qualities are built from the various interconnected systems. Many cultural marxist/critical theory retards believe in this nebulous idea that the brain/mind is somehow a separate, magical organ that exists outside of biology, reality, and physiology. The brain and body are part of one system. The brain's physical qualities are as important as it's internal mental qualities. You mash up part of the brain and it changes how that part functions. The thoughts don't just get pushed to another part of your mental hard drive.

Third problem: Brains don't work like computers. Not in the way that our current technology functions. We're centuries off from designing or programming anything that functions like a human brain.

Fourth problem: This article is retarded and so it the person who wrote it.

Aren't they more like inbuilt "hardware".
No they couldn't affect that.

Okay though, what if they made niggers less stupid and violent? Problem solved?

Why wouldn't they just replace them with machines?
Seems like less effort.

garlic and turmeric inhibit negro violence

The entire premise of altering memories would require some kind of digital brain surgery that locates and targets hyper-specific braincells and neurons… But even then, that's like having an entire forest and being told to find 6,000 specific leaves that might be present on 100,000 different trees, and then you'd need to remove those leaves without disturbing any other part of the tree and replace them with leaves from a different tree in a way that doesn't seem unnatural.

What I'm getting at is that memories and sensory information are stored all over the brain, but more difficult than locating them is understanding that the brain doesn't interpret old memories as if they were reliving that exact moment in vivid detail. The brain only thinks forward in time. You can't replace something that's already happened.

What if they were to attack all of those specific types of memory?

BE AFRAID GOYIM WE CAN NOW READ YOUR MIND AND ENSLAVE YOU BETTER NOT BE THINKING THOSE BAD GOYIM NAZI THOUGHTS NOW

Then that sounds like they'd just be frying the brains of anyone they tried to edit or replace the memories/personality of.

Build your own counter tech, or completely cut out all wireless or alternative means of being able access your brain.

No, it's not. You must understand that the art of mind control is centuries older than MK-ULTRA. In fact, mind control programming was the actual inspiration for the development of modern computers.

Something to understand about mind control is that a victim will have relatively few fleshed-out alter personalities. The vast majority of parts are programmed to perform a few basic operations. Each of these parts therefore works like a single command, and complex behaviors are created by "programming" these parts to work together in highly specific ways. In fact, a lot of "personalities" just are a script meant to activate those simpler parts in a specific sequence.

Each thing they're talking about doing with minds, using computers, they can already do without a computer. If they're talking about using a literal silicon chip computer, what they mean is that instead of the reins of mind control victims being in the hands of flesh and blood programmers, an AI will micromanage these victims instead. This will allow the AI to achieve incredible levels of synchronization between individual slaves. Through compartmentalization, it will be possible for these AIs to orchestrate macro-events that the individuals used never even realize the full consequence of their actions.

Another thing to understand is that these computers do not have access to some "assembly language of the mind." The ability to influence internal cognition through external events must be created first, which is why trauma-based conditioning is so integral. The programmer will use ordinary Pavlovian conditioning to get a specific thought pattern associated with a particular change experienced by the victim. This change could be the use of a phrase, seeing a certain symbol, experiencing a certain emotion, being touched in a certain place, using a certain drug, smelling a certain smell, etc. If a mind control victim is tapped on the shoulder and then the forehead, that could trigger a specific sequence of alters so they will produce a certain behavior. However, literally anything that can induce a change in brain state can be used. This means it is possible to have programming triggered using electromagnetic radiation, just provided it is at the right frequency to interact with the brain's natural energy patterns - it is not the radiation itself which conditions certain behaviors, it is that the change has been conditioned through previous sessions of trauma-based hypnotism to have that effect.

In other words, bells don't cause dogs to salivate, but Pavlov does. This is an important part of mind control to understand. The tinfoil hat shit actually has a reasonable explanation. However, their powers are very limited - they cannot actually read a person's thoughts, but they can make a person think that they can.

Why haven't we made a maw banning this shit anons?
I mean if China can ban Time travel, why can't be put an extreme law against this kind of shit?

*law

And now you know what really goes on when you send your girl to Job's Daughters.

Yes. It's basically delusional cultural marxist jerking off in writing, dreaming about wiping all those evil racist thoughts from people's brains.

Makes more sense to just live in a Faraday cage if that is your concern.

I always thought that if a large number of people used tinfoil hats to deflect mind control devices, the people who invent mind control devices would make a new mind control device not affected by tinfoil hats.

Didnt read the whole article but it doesnt work like that, it works more like elevating certain preexistend threat levels and inclinations and therefore having access to the thought process.
The deletion of memory requires sufficant threat level so the self protection overwrites the memories or shapes them.

In essence most of behaviour is already "explored" and known, and if you have a certain "timeline" you can shape that stuff significantly.
Most of the people use the internet, since it is beneficial for the individual which also means the more importance it gets the more the individual is controlled by it.

Most tinfoilheads do not have the mental capacity to correctly assess this shit. Which will also be used in a certain way. Psychology, if not understood is a very powerful "magic" tool.

And in a way if you got a certain personality it is like a dick you cannot stop from it being errect you can only determine if it goes in your ass or into your mouth.

There is no such thing as electromagnetic radiation to trigger, it is all psychological, most people forget we are all animals and that is how this works.

The AI if such a thing exist just distributes the drugs.

this seems like the perfect thread to ask
but do we even know how memories really work
and i mean the biochemical basis behind it

which is quite something different than copy pasting some files from one harddrive to the other
to my knowledge the best of non invasive so called brain reading technologies is hooking up some scanners with a resolution of fuck all compared to neuron size and roughly say which part of your brain is using more oxygen than the baseline. and then corralate that region of the brain to what we think it controls

In that context you do not need shit brain reading technology that all the tinfoil heads believe in, you just need some "hidden" correlation to make it work. And the all the other shit will reveal it like big tits in a bra, you see it bouncing and you know it isnt just a push up.

They do not need any of your brain scanners, the brain scanners is the correlation to others derived from others and your interests and your way of thinking, and every step you take is made by a pair of shoes that has been worn before you and before them.
That is big data.
That is why i want my shit you fucking nigger and noone will stop me.

this is the same answer you get every time when this subject comes up
using your goybook profile that has been calibrated to the most mundane of normies to tell with 80% certainty you are a conservative is not brain reading
the article OP mentioned clearly stated the effect of manipulating memories and copying them to hard storage, that is physical intervention not some big data twatter collection on a server

Already happening, they test this shit on the mentally ill or anyone with the right personality who they have control over or are vulnerable in some way.

Why don't we have nice looking hats with faraday cages inside the fabric? Would make them strong and rugged too.

Not really, mass manipulation works conveys itself with subtlety.

The nutters are vulnerable, the broad mass is just unsuspecting. And in that sense the broad mass has more and more vulnerable. Which makes them material for exploits.

And at the same time it makes more deplorables it makes more blinkers.

Yeah but there is a cross over.

Say you start remembering false AND real repressed memories, go to a psych for it, get diagnosed, you're gonna get fucked with more to try to lead to getting you sectioned or worse.

The tinfoil heads are like tatoos they are just a symbol of self protection. The same as an edgy mythology or a strong religious drive. In a way it protects the self but in a way it is just a perception shaper.
The red pill is that most people are sheep that shape the environment like a monoculture, and what they dont eat is bad taste.

If i would go to a psych, the psych wouldnt have to go to someone. You dont really get it, they have a certain barrier and i can easily circumvent it, most of them are not that dureable. Because they operate on some sort of emotional distance, and what they advise is in some sort bubble, i can easily burst that.

I got sectioned over next to nothing and lifes been hell ever since. Just sayin, guess we have different experiences.

I've experienced the whole mix of false and real repressed memory things and its easy to discern to be honest, but it all gets thrown away as delusion, and then you're discredited re: police.

Every animal can look into the mirror and not recognize itself. Only man can look into the mirror and recognize itself and never lose of it.

Let's say i would recognize something like a little script because it would always fit, i would care much about the memories because in a way if you look j.edgar hoover that thinks the jews control the earth (external) or the "it is all in your head" gorillaz (internal) in a way there is some art to it, the same art you deal with it.

And if someone thinks what i say is delusion it would be the same thing as i put my ballsack on your forehead. And you think it is a heating pad.

It's more like saying memories of serious abuse are delusional with zero foundations whatsoever.

Facts are foundations, what the tinfoilheads believe is that you can magically make lose of it once the mainstream media because lose of facts. That is what you see in your nation.
And to give another context to your quote, most people live in delusion because the man is not made to be measured by the best of the best all of the time at any situation, which is your new internet age shit.
Until you meat someone that can do exactly that and shove it up your smug ass.

I have literally no idea what you just said.

And if you leftist cunts and all you isreali friends that invoke that new "methods" to try to shape perceptions, i wonder why i told you from the get go what you.
Want to know why i never respect anyone, because all you fucking cunts bring friends here, you are never here for yourself. You are always here on behalf on someone else.

Yer drunk, go bed.

Geh deine mutter ficken.
I wonder if the mother of all codes is the mother they want to fuck is fucking them all the way. Like a waifu they draw from within to receive their dick is the idealized regular boobanimal they reject.

youtube.com/watch?v=ctx2RvSn3zg

“Americans are literally killing themselves to achieve artificially the same sensations that flow produces naturally.”

washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-rise-of-superman-decoding-the-science-of-ultimate-human-performance-by-steven-kotler/2014/04/04/aa55507c-b421-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html?utm_term=.b11121f67150

Kill yourself, faggot.

And people call me crazy for wanting to be a ludite.

Actually nondamaged parts of your brain can sometimes pick up slack for damaged parts, albeit poorly.

Sage for shit tier thread.

I used to think the same thing about self recognition. I had to move my standards up when I found out I was wrong. Language seems like a good varrier of sentience, as it requires abstract thoughts.

animalcognition.org/2015/04/15/list-of-animals-that-have-passed-the-mirror-test/