What are your thoughts on Urban Farming?

What are your thoughts on Urban Farming?

I have seen people talking about reviving Detroit.
Unfortunately with how much it has been depopulated, and with how spread out the population is.

The city might have to be forced to downsize it's size by half to save money when it comes to city services.

How about we move all of the remaining white South Africans into Detroit, and redesign the property lots so that going forward all new homes would be small farm estates?

Porch apes refuse to farm, so we could perhaps make it a requirement to grow food when it comes to owning these new farming estates?

I find it repulsive that boomers refused to have many children and hire a bunch of Mexicans. Farming shouldn't be a business but a lifestyle. This country produces so much food, so we could shut down these businesses without the world coming to an end..

What's the Mexican farm worker equivalent in Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

job-openings.monster.com/v2/job/View?JobID=183341390&MESCOID=4300719001001&jobPosition=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds good, after we kill of the majority of people on earth. Modern people are not willing to farm.

nigger u ever been to detroit? ain't gonna happen unless you figure out a plan to send niggers back to africa. same with all major cities in america. """urban""" is practically a synonym for nigger.

I'd be all for living in detroit to start up farms, but theres too many niggers, almost no good white neighborhoods even in the suburbs, Theres grosse point but its a bit pricey. No, Detroit is very UN-salvageable unless you force the niggers out, or corral the crime in a walled-off section, like an American Kowloon.

t.MIanon

I think urban farming is an oxymoron. City dwellers don't have the mindset or discipline to be farmers. In fact, this is the concept that communism, feudalism, colonialism, etc is based on and they all ended up in dystopian nightmares.

In Michigan, South Africans could fix the problem.

In South Africa Whites faced genocide.

In Michigan, people can own guns and legally defend themselves.

Imagine Neighborhood watches armed with Fals.

Unless the farmers are given the right to kill and feral niggers they catch trespassing it's a no go. And if you turn the urban landscape into farmland is it still urban?

With Syrian refugees lol.

Michigan has stand your ground.

The National CC bill should also include Stand your ground and Castle Doctrine.

Can't be done because the kike laden court system will never allow the government to offer visas to white South Africans and not offer them to black South Africans. Those people are well and truly fucked with nowhere to run and not nearly enough partisan military strength to survive the waves of diversity coming their way.

You could say that you're allowing these Whites to come because the blacks are genociding them.

Checked. i wouldn't even want the niggers on my farm as slave hands. Equipment would be fucking ruined quick. It's better to ship them back to wherever and let nature run its course

We could always start with the Haitians to start conditioning people into accepting the idea of sending them back.

You could argue that the Haitians have no benefit in living in Haiti, and they would have a much better life in Africa.

Permaculture instead of lawns is a good idea.

The reason you don't see it is because it would shrink the economy. People wouldn't have to earn money to pay for all of their food. Politicians aren't likely to allow this if they can help it.

The only way I see it becoming commonplace in the near future is if hyperinflation kicks in.

It would be a good start. Put them all on the beach in west shitfrica and let nature do her thing. Haiti has been fucked over by niggery for a long time

Arabs. If you want them, then by all means take them, America.

Can we send them to Flint instead and drown out the niggers in a sea of white?
t. 810 user

810?

Checked
dude you should get out of there. Come to the Rockies user

There was a story down in Jacksonville where a homeowner was being cited and harassed by the local government for growing food in their front lawn as opposed to just the backyard. Your reasoning is 100% on point. The tools and techniques to do it are there, though, if the general population can be moved in that direction.

If there's decent jobs out there, I'll move. I have nothing tying me down here.

Area code

What's with all of the "What do you think about X?" threads lately?

Vertical agriculture and roof gardens is the way to go. Instead of developing horizontally, you develop it vertically.

A japanese guy had created an "agriculture factory" in a building that was 30-40 times as productive as a regular field of equal area.

Oilfield around these parts. It pays good too. Lots of construction , lots of interwebs type shit etc.

Edible forests are also a really efficient way to grow food.

Each layer grows a different kind of plant. And every plant is paired with others taking into account what nutrient it needs.

Gardens can be lots of work, so I can see why you wouldn't bother, but it really doesn't make much sense to have purely decorative trees and bushes when you can have fruit bearing ones.

If you can handle having a cat or dog as a pet you can handle raising chickens or rabbits.

I suspect many easy foods like eggs and potatoes are subsidized so it's not worth bothering to grow them yourself.

Vertical agriculture is limited only by the amount of solar light our planet receives.

If we wanted to, things could change really drastically really fast. We've had the technology for a while.

Which state?

How does one find work in the oilfields? I need a reason to get out of Oakland, plz help

check
Rooftop is the way to do it. Even if it's inefficient, it's a source of food in case of some disasters. Restrict access. If SHTF, post a guard. Can keep rain water as well, since will be using it.

Rooftop might be inefficient, but vertical agriculture can be ridiculously efficient. A single building devoted to it can produce enough food for thousands of people.

Colorado Utah Wyoming for oil and natural gas , northern Nevada for gold mining , Montana has timber. Arizona has power plants and timber with a shit load of mining too. Idaho is good farming and ranching.

Contact an oilfield services company. Such as Nabors or Savage or such. You'll want to find a company that hires contract operators then move into a company position. It's not a bad way to make a buck. New field down in Texas is pretty good

You know if they'll hire people without a lot of formal experience? I only have a few months work experience at a cabinet factory besides retail, but I scored in the top 1% on the ASVAB when I took it.

I want to see vertically farmed fodder/ alfalfa that's grown,cut,dried,failed,and stacked on trailers in a automated manner.

They will find the work for you , no fear. Just show up on time and be ready to lift heavy ass shit. You're a cabinet guy you know edgebanders and table saws and big sanders and shit. Work your memetics and they will want you. They have entry level shit too.

*grown,cut,dried,bailed,and stacked on trailers

Could mix this with aquaponics too.

I want to see a fish tank in space irl. In my mind it works perfectly

Besides Nabors and Savage, you know of any other good companies currently hiring?
Thanks for helping a fellow user

job-openings.monster.com/v2/job/View?JobID=183341390&MESCOID=4300719001001&jobPosition=2

We could turn space into massive fish farms. Imagine fish farms with volumes the size of the great lakes.

No prob. Halliburton always is , baker Hughes has openings always. Also those guys link industry related jobs on their pages so you can get other leads. Good luck

It's a thing

We should be moving our factories & heavy industry to Mars and into space.

If we weren't paying for niggers and spics we'd probably have space bases by now.

That will happen one day. Zero or microgravity construction methods combined with off world mining methods could lead to interplanetary and interstellar travel one day

The more self-sustaining and disconnected from international a community is, the more powerful our revolution against Globalism becomes. Autonomy, independence, and self-actualization are all explicitly white traits.

Detroit would revive itself if you just got rid of the niggers.

Here's the thing: cities are bad. They are pits that the surrounding rural areas throw children and production into. Cities don't sustain a population. They never have, in all of our history. They are a population sink. And what's more, they are always liberal, always dysgenic, always degenerate. They are the hives of merchants, whores, and spiritual traitors. The city is the bastion of all that the Platonic ideal of the 'Jew' stands for and desires for this world.

The reality for a Volkish future is this: we will have to re-engineer the concept of the "city." The biggest issue is that people live there. That is a mistake. Cities should be places where resources are pooled to be shipped elsewhere. They should have offices and work places, theaters and some restrauants. They should have parks and places to entertain and enjoy. But they should always be empty of actual residents. No one should live in these places: they are a poison to the soul.

The ideal Fascist city is one that acts like a spoke on a wheel. Large outlying areas of private residences, a mixture of agrarian farms and woodland suburbs, encircle the city, with clean and efficient public transportation allowing for fast travel both around the curve and straight through to the city itself. The city is a place of trade, of business, of white collar work. A place for families to take their children to visit an amusement park or eat at a nice restrauant for a special occasion. It is a nexus of local commerce, and an entrance and exit point for imports and exports on a national scale. But never, ever is it a place to live.

The elevated metropolis is a shining city on the hill, a monument to the labor of the people who surround it and do business within it. The degraded city is the spiritual, metaphorical, and literal opposite of this: a dark and foul pit, it's edges ever widening as it devours the land, it's sides slicked with pollution and filth, and the bottom breaking through to the roof of perdition. From it spews forth only corruption, destruction, and degeneration. It devours those who enter it whole, and the few who emerge back from it are poisoned by the experience.

Can Detroit be revived? Certainly. The people could revive Detroit, if the proper racial and economic programs were instituted.

But the real question is, could Detroit revive the people?

I like the idea of the spoked city. It reminds me of our long lost Atlantis. One day user
Also fuck Detroit that place got pozzed long ago. It needs cauterized and a mulligan

There is a skyscraper in the middle of Altamonte Springs, a small but quickly growing city to the north of Orlando Florida. It was funded and partially constructed by major televangelist networks in the 00s, but multiple large funders backed out halfway through. It currently stands half complete, its skeleton intact but its organs and skin unfinished, like a monument to failure. It's gotten many names over the past 10 years, from "The Eyesore on I-4" (it's on Interstate 4), "The Obelisk", and "Tartarus".

I frequently wonder what it would take to acquire it, and what could be done with it. I think I'd dedicate a few floors to vertical farming.

Vertical city farming on a large scale is fucking stupid. Rip the local water table. It's bad enough with flat farms taking water a little bit from a large area because that still rapes your water table. Now imagine that condensed into a city.

Unless you find somewhere you don't give a shit about turning into a desert and piping it from there and rinse repeating the process every few decades.

What is rainwater harvesting?

nice runway

Rainwater harvesting denies the local table much of the water it needs to replenish itself. Also you would need fucking huge catchment systems for the kind of city wide systems proposed here. Having a big barrel fed off the roof will be nowhere near enough.

wut? Rainwater is currently sent away as fast as possible. And best storage is in the ground. Vertical farming is gay as fuck but rainwater harvesting is not a problem.

You have to think though, about the fertilizer.

There is literally no reason for "urban farming". The land isn't suitable. It's a retarded idea entertained only by dumbshit hipsters who aren't grounded in reality.

The point of permaculture is you don't need fertilizer.

"Vertical farming" is a meme for idiots who never leave the city and earnestly thing we're constrained for horizontal space.

Cities themselves, below a certain size, aren't bad, in fact they are pretty comfy.

But New York City style nonsense is cancer.

Youre both retarded, done right vertical/glass greenhouse farming is amazingly efficient with water.

I hope you are ok with drastically reduced productivity. Granted with so many little garden farms, it isnt a n issue

voila, fertilizer at least below temperate zone like the image referenced

It's sort of a lie to call it Urban farming when they refer to Detroit. What they actually mean is tearing down all the abandoned neighborhoods and turning it into rural areas. Which I personally think is a great idea. Michigan is super fertile do to the Great Lakes and the glaciers that carved out the Lakes. Plus the population of Michigan went down big time since we were hit by the Great Recession like 6 years before the rest of the country really felt it.

Also with the return to farm land Michigan can feed the soldiers for the coming conquest of Rightful Michigan clay. Greater Michigan will be realized in my lifetime even if I have to become Hitler to do it!

Compost manufacture is more complex than that

Depends on the method and the area

Most of the soil in the ground is going to be full of heavy metals and toxic / carcinogenic contaminants that have rained down over the area from stuff blown into the atmosphere over the last 100-ish years from factories and the traffic of countless automobiles in a dense urban area. No telling what kinds of wacky shit are lodged in the soil around Detroit.

Water runs off of a factory rooftop or an impermeable surface like a street, and unless Detroit has an extensive storm drain system (and I got no clue) then sooner or later that same water makes it into the ground along with whatever else its picked up along its journey. Small amounts of metals or chemicals or whatever else. Tiny bits at a time, but we're talking decades of accumulation for most cities.

So your method probably can't employ soil from on-site if you're going Urban farming. And even with potted soil, some of those places are still contaminated so bad just from constant vehicle exhaust or existing factories / industrial work that I doubt you'd want to have the acid rain watering your plants, dragging in who knows what from the contaminants from the atmosphere.

Plants or crops tend to NOT like an 18 wheeler driving by every couple of minutes spewing diesel exhaust all over them.

The whole of Detroit isn't some industrial wasteland you know. They are doing this to neighborhoods where people lived but abandoned when shit hit the fan. They rarely ever actually tear down factories probably in case of a WW2 situation where they need a mass mobilization in a short amount of time but that's just me speculating.

There are several methods for intensive agriculture too. No need to re invent the wheel, just re-purpose from already done methods.

No, I mean that is what tropicalnigger permaculture mostly is. Compost is largely useless there because of how fast organic material burns off.

bat shit crazy.

bat shit crazy.

bat shit crazy.

FARMING CURRENCY:
food is an industry. and like all others surviving these days, it survives by tying itself to central bank/govt welfare. this is mandatory. anyone who can't get access to new dollars casted out of nothing, has to then work for second- third- etc- hand dollars traded for something. those increasing 'peripheral' dollars cost more actual and require more work. this wouldn't be a problem 'normally', but going it alone without central access is not really that viable due to the demographic explosion of spics, nigs, designateds, and snackbars. it is this simple. this dynamic plays out in all industries. it is made worse by the feed-back of even more 'financialization'.

MEMETIC ANTI-WHITE MERCHANTRY:
If you understand the farm, the currency, and the demographics given above, then you should understand race, warfare, and communication. When a nig says 'whitey deserves to be raped', that nig is just confessing it's going to rape, because that's it's nature. This is the same as when a 'white dude' runs around screaming 'white men must pay' – you know he (1) isn't white, and (2) most likely is a lying kike. The farming shit, as seen in the news, as passed around on kikebook by all the nigs and spics, as seen in OP, is a memetic to attack whites. it (self-farm) is sold as a solution, but crucially sold —with– the repeated frame and desired result of: 'take from magical provision and give to (((muh based hardworking underdawgs small farmers))). it is obvious to anyone who is on the ground attempting to implement this that whites don't need govt or public input to go farm, that it is a resource diversion, that it is a gibsmedat handout in classic stupid-cloaked-disguise, and that it will benefit not so much the nigs+spics+mudshits themselves so as the merchants 'helping' them. a 'sell the tools to the new yukon gold rush diggers' so to speak.

FORWARD WAR:
If this is advanced, it will not be because of farming, but because of anti-white and kikery classic political mechanics. If this succeeds in advancement enough to stay, it will not be because of that, but rather in spite of it: because it will be yet another 'tool in the tool bag' to destroy the worst of the shitskins via property theft, infinite debt, and destruction of welfare city infrastructure. unfortunately, the damage done correctly will be a faint drop against the flood of anit-white racism and shitskin proliferation it will further encourage. that, and banking will still fail, shitskins will still not-even-do-the-debntz, and etc. same kike-fallout.

whom ever promotes the 'urban farming' shit is either a kike, or a shitskin, or (rarely) a clueless cuck/highschooler. whom ever focuses on production but not total system + currency + consumption at the same is also the same. whom ever thinks spics and nigs – and especially muslims – can farm, is also the same.

separately, all those jewtube inner-city farming spic propaganda vids are quite recycled, and are useful only for getting confessions of shitskin-or-not from the viewer. look upon them as race ads and allegiance-signaling flair. without the white structure, white 'church goers', and white habitat for humanity liars (another central welfare/state shell funding game), those shitskins would devour the plants before the next harvest cycle (saving nothing for the next season, descending back into goat farming and chick/cock fight raising). [ps: any time you see a rooster in those vids, it's for game fights, not farming. just like the plants are for funding and 'charity orgs', also not farming.]

the urban farming UN fund charities, driven by shitskin-infested councils and institutions, to take white provisions, to funnel into shitskin holes, is quite lucrative, and will continue to bleed into the states. especially with more spics and syrians arriving every day. just more child labor, anit-white, free cuck/church work, shitskin welfare, and corporate (((charity))) (((relief))) inflation. the small benefit of shitskin sanctuary city collapse isn't worth these.

Saginawanon here. Make sure you obliterate us first for the battle of Greater Michigan

correct, sadly almost the entire ag industry has long been subverted down to the level of individual farmers. Some of the original govt programs were aimed at bringing to heel helping the farmers.

this is backwards. everyone in this thread, who is for urban farming, has got this backwards. the version of urban farming being advanced is not your urban, it is not your farming, and it most certainly is not your urban farming.

the kike-laden courts are what have been advancing 'muh-based-farmer' rights in detroit metro. minority issue, culture issue, controversy issue, news issue, rights issue – all for the underdogs and migrants :: should sound familiar, pollacks. while there has been some success in stopping the cock fight farmers north of detroit by the same kike courts, but this is mostly in the past, not as much money to be made stopping it when at least half of 'the shitskins in detroit' now live far past detroit. the blight area now covers everything but actual farms. which, separately, is another larping source.

Kill yourself defeatist cuck shilling muh "all powerful kikery".
It's time to start talking about plausible solutions and meaningful actions to take in order to take back the land our fathers fought for.

ok.

you don't need permission to do this. just go do it. own it. keep it. you don't need funding, you don't need ad campaigns, you don't need to repossess lands, you don't need niggers nor spics nor kikes nor 'based' bernie sander hipsters. if you are white, you will be successful, and will be able to win back land just by keeping your success and not funneling nor debasing it with (((urban fapping))) lies.

urban farming is entropy. it is cannibalism, which is not all powerful, it's short sighted dependency gibs.

my fathers fought for rural anglo-topia, not this shit

And what will you fight for?

I can't imagine farming niggers would be a pleasant vocation.
It could be made quite fun if we shipped in all the muslims from the rest of the country to slaughter them halal style though.

Doesn't drying it just reduce the nutrients in it? How would it be any different from regular hay?

The point of fodder is that it's cheap fresh greens that eliminate the need for grain. It's not a substitute for hay.

Y'all stop being faggots and move to dixie where the weather is actually decent. Botanyfag here, grown most of my own food for a good chunk of my life- it's too fucking cold in Michigan for comfy farming and high yields, and there's too many niggers.

The solution is appalachia. There are areas that are 97%+ white, with land cheaper than detroit, with almost no property tax, plentiful water, and very, very rich soil. I'm already working on such a project, and if I didn't think so many of you were shills and faggots, I would openly invite you along look at my email.

This is already happening- fuck reclaiming a frozen, heavy-metal-polluted nigger haven, just because you think it's convenient and cool to live near the nignogs. Come to tennessee.

Eastern Europeans, they work hard and you can hire them illegally and thus less.

Lack of snow is nice, but the place is uninhabitable without air conditioning. We're made for the snow and the cold, anyway. Winterchan loves us.

Keep the agriculture out of the city. If only when the collapse happens we can just quarantine the cities till they starve to death and thus eliminate all the non-whites and liberals in one fell swoop.

Uninhabitable? My ancestors have been here since the 1700s- get into the high ground and it's fine.

besides, my site has shitloads of hydropower, so we'll be comfy in our air-conditioned bunkers innawoods when WW3 happens

It's all what you're used to- the cold fucks me up insanely, I've been up north and it doesn't suit me. Maybe I've been selectively bred to tolerate heat? Maybe it's working in greenhouses in long pants for years and years? I dunno. It just doesn't bother me, even in the lowlands, although I'm moving to high elevation partially for the comfort of others and the lady-folk, as well as the scenery. Although, I'm ready if winter comes.

Exactly my point- move into the last few areas with zero liberals and zero niggers,and expand from there, hoping and praying for the habbening, but preparing in case it never comes- I'd rather have mountain passes between me and the nearest synagogues and nigger-nests, kind of like my own personal Switzerland.

Also on the lack of snow- I'm talking about moving to the higher elevations of the lower appalachians, so we'll get a foot or two and keep it for a good bit in the winter, which I don't mind at all. Heat during the day is fine, as long as it's cool at night- and it gets 65 degrees at night in the summer up there, comfy as fuck

being Eastern European, I can confirm this.

*and thus pay less.

Expert here. Urban farming is a great way to teach kids how to farm. Its also a great way to show people that tomatoes and peas can actually taste good and that its just the jews fucking it up. It happens to be the only way to get high end nutrients that would be unavailable to even millionaires (you can't buy fresh green with the phytovitamins still intact.)

Last year I had a 30 foot by 30 foot backyard plot and produced monstrous amounts of tomatoes, beans, cabbage, carrots, onions, peppers, and cucumbers.

Thinking your actually going to sell the shit and make good money is bullshit tho. The only urban farmers making money are essentially just ripping people off with baby greens and micro greens.

You can make a fair bit of cash selling heirloom garlic, though. Its retarded easy to grow through most of the year and even though it's only superficially different from the stuff you can buy in a supermarket people will pay $2+ per head if you braid it up pretty.

Michigan got its ass kicked by Ohio in the Toledo War, and has been butthurt about such a silly victory ever since. I mean, we had one dude stab a deputy or something, and that was it. Bitchigan cried and whined about it, and got the upper peninsula as a consolation prize. Consolation. To console. To quiet a crying child is to console the child.

Rabbits are a decent small livestock. They can open your arm with a kick if you don't hold them right, but they eat very little and produce meat and fur in a small space. You can find plenty of info about them in the 70s back-to-the-farm books

Let the SA where they are, send them weapons and men.

The ideal thing would be having suburban houses with a garden instead of grass, and lowering the working hours so you can spend a couple hours on your garden everyday. Human body needs physical labour, the current system is retarded if you think about it. Cities of 50-100k pop with a city center for economic activity and thats it.
Of course you need to get rid of many millions of parasites for this, maybe after the race war.

So your gonna get a bunch of whites who have spent their lives avoiding rape and murder from niggers in africa, and move them to another place in america where they will be exposed to the exact same thing, wtf are you smoking OP that made you think thats a good idea? drugs are degenerate.

How the flying fuck does that help them? Detroit is a post-apocalyptic hellhole. At least in SA they can just shoot all the niggers and start over!
Lots have been shrunk and shrunk to the point that most suburbanites hardly have a yard big enough for their dog to run around. Unless you can knock down a neighbor's house, you should just move to the damned country, where you can have twice the house and 4x the land for half the price with 1/10 the niggers.

This. I'm the damned "hippiemafianon" and I agree with this message.

Toledo is rightful Michigan clay! Michigan drove you shits out and held the territory until.

I live right down the block from that eyesore, we call that building the tower to God. It's taken forever to build because a lot of the donations came in the form of volunteer construction. And each time, it wasn't up to code, so wash, rinse repeat, that's the story of the tower.

Detroit is on the Detroit River no need for a well but getting niggers to work at farm related occupations here would dredge up slavery and sheeit.

TNanon, hows Namibia II coming along??

yessir, that's my business model as well. Made $2900 last year on pussy willows

Not bad, like I said I'm doing this on my own anyways and already have the site, have to visit it at least one more time before I put my balls on the chopping block and pay out the cash. It looks quite ideal and we have 1000+ acres to expand to- the downside is most of the work would have to be manual, although we could use machinery on the tops of the ridges and truck the heavy stuff up to the top.

the hydropower potential is insane even if my calculations are off by 10x

A fair amount of based anons so far, had a meetup where they proved they had brass balls like mine- it rained insanely the whole time and we hiked up and down the mountain repeatedly with a smile on our faces- it was rather interesting.

It's insane how much money you can make on stuff like that, make it look real purdy and folks buy it all up- that's the trick. Well, that, and essentially doing it smart instead of hard. Feel free to pop by the board once and a while, it's slow as hell but it's where all the cool kids meet up to discuss detailed plans. Well, that and my email.

Everything seems to be working really, really well when it comes down to it, I'm having to force it through and I'm really putting everything into it, but that's what we have to do to survive as a volk anyways. Feel free to drop me a line anytime, we're having camping trips in random spots every few weeks so I can weed out the spooks and gooks.

Sieg heil!

Ya.

We could redesign plots of land in Detriot so that all new homes would have a decent sized garden.

We could have an Equivalent of an HOA that would require people to grow food if they want to own a house in Detroit or rent one.
If they refuse to grow food then they get kicked out.

That and Neighborhood watches/armed patrols, Castle doctrine, and stand your ground would eliminate most of the nigger problems.
Just sprinkle in 4 million White South Africans who dealt with niggers who were engaging in White Genocide.

The Overton window has shifted to the point that people assault BLM "protests" for the heck of it, with crowds cheering them on. Having 3 million white South Africans move in would be a big red pill because niggers will nigger. The White South Africans would fix Detroit, and niggers would try and screw the progress over which would make the Normies fucking mad.

good

I'll help y'all in any way I can, I'm a botanist and I'm completely willing to give you all my secret methods of making cash and making shit grow where it shouldn't- it's not like you're anywhere near my markets anyways, and it would make me happy to reclaim the land of my beautiful soulmate for the White Aryan race.

I already got plans for an overriding-corporate structure that would take care of a lot of the bullshit, I'm a landscape design architect certification (required me to send a portfolio to the state is all, I got experience), so I could give you any bit of assistance you could ever need if you got the balls to start something like this- advice- start doing it fucking now and invite the South Africans once you have something going- pull the trigger, do it! If there's one piece of advice I can offer anyone when it comes down to life, it's to seize the opportunity when one exists.

That being said, I'll never leave dixie -home sweet home for me.

I am more in favor of urban pesticides.

Words of wisdom, right here.
CRUSH THE URBANITE!

they exposed a frog to space vacuum?
and its throat didn't explode?
I call bullshit

The reason we have dedicated farmland is because it's more efficient to do all the farming in one place and move the food where it needs to go.

The reason Urban Farming is popular is because it is only just barely more efficient.

Improving the technology we have to transport food is a more efficient solution. I hate to sound like the train autist, but trains are actually a better solution to this problem than urban farming.

The reason people don't farm their own food is because they have greater utility working, I can buy more food than I can grow myself in the same amount of time if I exchange my professional labour for cash, and then cash with a professional farmer, who grows produce faster than I can. Comparative advantage, it's the same reason why modern economies consist primarily of skilled individuals who work as parts of a whole rather than jack of all trades, like in shitskin countries where people make their own shoes.

I think it is useful to build a vertical farm on the oil rig.

shameful

It's pretty simple OP, as long as there's no jew,nigger, filthy white leftist garbage dronecuck, or a cianigger/NED/sjw plant among the people who will work on it, be it the manual labor grunt or as one of the executives/CEO/Director, then this concept of Urban Farming can be done and be improved on for the long-term benefit of human civilization, and can also be utilized for producing domestic food/water supply on space and planet colonization.

Vertical farming is the worst way to grow your food, green houses can be 100 to 200 times more cost effective in building costs alone, can be slightly automated, require less labor, less energy and have a better layout.

Not even the "footprint" of vertical farming is lower. The building itself blocks 1/3 of the sun with it's superstructure making that sunlight practically useless. The building's height ruins the only advantage it's close proximity to its target market since you gotta get your produce up and down from the building though a chute type system could be implemented but you'll be cutting into growing space.

Other factors like land taxes and governmental red tap would greatly disadvantage you again and don't forget it require much more effort to build the vertical farm. Vertical farming should only be an option if there's no more open land left on earth.

i.e. Manhattan

t. Mom grew up in Islandview a long long time ago

That's up there with recreational nukes.