What you emulating?
What you fav emulator?
What can't you emulate?

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
s3kr.it/gauntlet.html
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Integral
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version
blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/02/rpcs3-ps3-emulator-can-run-after-burner-climax-almost-perfectly/
wololo.net/vita-cfw4dummies/
amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2FXW9W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualShock_3
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Anything and everything I can get my hands on, impressed by Ishiiruka's performance gains in comparison to latest Dolphin

FCEUX, SNES9x, PCSX2, ePSXe, Dolphin

So far just 3DS but I'm still covered on that due to having a pirate-capable system, I was interested in Citra but not too interested until it has New 3DS support.

Mind sharing specs? Im interested in building a gay man pc but am gonna be pissed despite getting the parts emulating will be shit

Gamecube/Wii games in Dolphin. I might start loading the isos onto a Wii U though for the Wiimote support, I don't have bluetooth.
What you fav emulator?
Dolphin, it's simply the best one out there.
What can't you emulate?
Wii U, but that might be fixed in the coming years.

My specs aren't the best since I'm currently using an old prebuilt I had laying around but I can run most things at least decently. Okami worked fine, for instance.

I've had no problems with anything I tried, even that Sonic Generations Unleashed mod that everyone whines makes their computer lag ran 60fps no problem for me

GC Animal Crossing in Dolphin, Runs fine.

Retroarch, NESTopia, DOSBOX

PS2

By "Decently" I mean "playable" here, by absolutely no means steady 60 FPS.

I've been wanting to bring up a point that can surely help mobile emulation.
If you turn on vibration you actually get some nice feed back.
I don't really use it for anything other than emulation, but damn if it isn't a good emulation machine.

I'm emulating some GameCube RE games

One Piece Unlimited Adventure on Dolphin

Retroarch. Emulates loads of things & can navigate menus with controller.

A happy & fulfilling life.

You should have at least 3 Ghz Quad core to run PS2 games at full speed. Why is PS2 emulation so horrible?

What year will it be once CEN64 becomes usable and playable on most games, 2021?

So when playing certain games on FCEUX the graphics get chobby and invisible when lots is going on. Any way to fix that?

**sorry for the spicspeak this was the best video I could find*

I have an android portable emulation machine.
What you emulating?
Right now im playing MHP3rd and smt sj. Its pretty gud. I also play puzzle games when im bored of those.
What you fav emulator?
Drastic is amazing, but costs money. Ppsspp is pretty good, but needs a little more work to make some games run better. Snes9x, espxe, mupen64, mame4droid, john nes, my boy are all good.
What can't you emulate?
The only things i cant emulate are the occasonal psp game like liberty city stories. And strangely bosconian does not want to work.

Because the emotion chip is just as retarded as the cell

because its emulation, and you will be settling with hacks and inaccuracies on more complicated machines. If you want to enjoy the games to their fullest, you'd play them on the original hardware, otherwise you're stuck being a poorfag pc gamer.

Just a reminder:

NEVER EVER

Starting to get into baby tier emulation, currently enjoying SNES games on Android. It's great with a gamepad.

I have no idea what wondered will await me next.

Also, best ROM site please?

Emuparadise, 3DSISO, WiiUISO, DarkUmbra

Is therr a website thats like a random button for emuparadise. I want to play somthing i never would looked at.

Well there's this s3kr.it/gauntlet.html

Thanks user.

FFXII zodiac job edition

Nestopia, SNES9x, Kega, SSF, epsxe, Dolphin, PCSX2, PPSSPP

OG Xbox, which no one can, but goddamn I'd commit murder to play JSRF or Panzer Dragoon Orta in HD.

Played all God of War games on PCSX2 and PPSSPP. They did have some bugs with shadows mostly on PCSX2 and pre-rendered cutscenes not playing every time on PPSSPP but it was smooth 95% of the time

Dumping some screenshots I took for comparisons sake because fuck it.

Been messing around with the shaders in retroarch for handhelds, these obviously are for PSP, the second one I doubled the internal resolution which smoothed out the jagged lines nicely.

Shame the ppsspp core for retroarch is a bit shitty, can't play many of my games through it. Hope they update it soon.

fugg

Getting an old console and pirating games for it is a lot cheaper than getting a PC that can run a PS2 emulator properly.

Can you do netplay on Dolphin 5.0 with games like Kirby's return to dreamland?

Aye the system requirements for emulating PS2 are pretty high. With an emulator you can make it look better though.

doing things like introducing post processing effects or increasing the resolution of the game can introduce serious issues for the games intended aesthetics. More often than not, you end up seeing the bad side of LOD effects that are masked by either low resolution, composite video, or the display type. Even then, PS2 emulators especially are not accurate. At best PCSX2 is fast, but it does not offer an ideal experience.

So far the best route is objectively owning the original hardware, relying on backup loading with something like OPL, and using physical media for games that aren't supported well when read off the HDD.

Despite better written emulators like Dolphin, it is also imperfect and the Wii/WiiUvWii is also the best alternative.

To me, emulation loses its value sharply after the 4th generation. N64 emulation is historically awful, PS1 is great but still has issues, Saturn leaves much to be desired too. After that generation, handhelds get off pretty well, but even the best handheld emulator PPSSPP legally cannot offer a better experience than the real hardware because things like the PSP font is copyrighted so in many games that use the system font you have absurd font rendering issues.

I appreciate what emulation does, but I insist if anyone wants the best experience with so many of these games, run the original hardware.

POORLY CODED NINTENDO 64 EMULATOR

I'm not poor so nothing.

BERZINGA
ZIPWAFFLE
KIMBOBWAY

Yeah but that's obviously not an option for the long term. Hardware dies, games are impossible to find or too expensive. Already buying a secondhand copy of Nier in Europe is expensive amd that's the PS3!

Might as well ask here. How the fuck do I run AmigaOS 4.x games on WinUAE?

And does anyone have an Iso for the os itself? Can't find one anywhere online. Already got Workbench 3.x working but it won't do for anything more advanced.

May as well just play it on my modded Wii… 5 feet from where I'm sitting.

I just started playing Live A Live. It's super good.

Except you know, the consoles disappearing. And pic related.

Get an i7 and you'll be fine for most games.

FS-UAE can do 4.x emulation as to how you set that up I don't know but the docs for FS-UAE are pretty extensive.

The biggest i5 money can buy, I'd even say an i7 isn't a stupid idea just for PCSX2 (SW mode is 30% faster or more with HT), and a decent Nvidia card (AMD a shit for OGL) like a 770/960 or bigger, I'd say it's not worth it to just buy a rig like that for PS2 emulatiobn but that's your problem not mine.

No fuck that. Lets talk about what is emulating us. You don't believe that reality is a simulation?

Why is PSX emulation on the PSP so damn good? How the hell did Sony do it?.

Anyone know an N64 emulator better than Project64?

Mupen64

Wii and the Wii U

If PC is master race and so much more powerful than consoles, why can't PC emulate the PS4 and barely the PS3?

Checkmate, Emulatians.

yeah, but we're not in the long term. We're in the very, very short term of post-ps2.
back up loading, which is why I said use OPL. CFW your PS3 and it costs a few minutes of downloading instead.

At least it's probably one of those dualboots the NERDS have liked lately

How long has it been since you last opened steam? had no idea you could skip out on updating

The time says 2009

why did nobody told me that mednafen can use eboots. Damn good!

N64 emulation a shit

A SHIT

come on anons, rly. Do i have rly now to post a image with a fish and a bait?

This
fucking
picture
every
thread

it uses the same hardware, just smaller and at a higher clock speed. Some things are imperfect, but generally it's due to the hardware.

I'm setting up a gamecube emulator tonight for Viewtiful Joe 2 (thanks Friday Night thread). Any tricks to using the dolphin emulator? How about controlling it, since gamecube controllers don't fit in USB ports?

mario all stars
what should i play when i beat that? im in the mood for a strategy rpg or a platformer. roguelikes count

Use one that does?

Do you have a spare xbox or ps controller? Use that.

das boot

Emulating Megaman 9 and 10 wads on dolphin, they work great, let's see if the games are great too.

Why did they decide to make them look like NES game? I mean 7 and 8 looked pretty cool for their times.

Because it was way cheaper and they could cash in on nostalgia. 9 came before the whole pixelshit indie fad and was one of the first worthwhile downloadable titles for consoles.

I don't mind old graphics, I played the first six games last week but I'm not much of a nostalgia fag and it just feels like wasted potential to me

Would a 360 or PS3 controller do the trick?

Persona 3 Portable, first time playing this type of game. I Like it.

Yeah i use a Sixaxis for Dolphin, it works great.

Then tonight is gonna be viewtiful. Thanks, user.

Been playing through pic related. Currently playing through Lute's story and I just beat Asellus's story the other evening.

Playing Super Paper Mario for the first time

Whatever the fuck this game is I like it

Can I emulate the first three metal gear games fine enough? This is all I'm interested in. I'm alright with 30 fps for this purpose.

What's the best N64 emulator that won't give me malware?

btw all I plan to do is play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I don't think you'll be able to emulate 2 and 3

1 will work perfectly though, and there is a MGS2 for pc

well shit

There was a PC port of MGS1 too. I spent hours playing its demo over and over again on my Pentium 2 PC back in the day.

Well, you need a MSX2 computer to play Metal Gear 1 and 2. But I heard you can use MAME to emulate MSX2.

Anyone know how to get it for pc? I tried to find it but it was in Russian and wouldn't work. I tired emulating 2 it lags like fuck.

That game is hard as fuck and is going to plunder your anus. Also daily reminder that Kamiya brought in a bunch of kids to playtest viewtiful joe and suggest changes because they thought it was too hard, and all they did was shit on the game. So he told them to fuck off and didn't change a thing.

Download retroarch, open it, update the mupen64plus core, grab the roms you need from emuparadise, load the core, load the roms, play videogame

I played 2 on a PS2 so I don't know first hand, but a friend told me getting it to work on W7 was a fucking pain in the ass, just download Substance from torrent and look for a tutorial, good luck.

Yeah, I think you mean MGS: Integral, I played that back in 2000/2001 in my old AMD k6, but based on my recent experience, it's easier to get it to run properly and configure the controls on an emulator.

I played VJ1 and 2 all the time as a kid and loved them to bits. I'm looking forward to some sweet, sweet challenge.

Though I admit to preferring 1 over 2 by a large margin; the second one got much easier over time and divided the mechanics between two characters, which I didn't like.

We're never getting the promised Viewtiful Joe 3 ;_;

Being a fan of good games is suffering.

The one on the Nintendo DS was fun as fuck though

Sometimes you just gotta look a little to find your fun niggs.

Every thread till someone make a working N64 emulator.

Both those pictures are from emulators

So am I retarded for using Bizhawk? I've basically been using it to play through a bunch of NES and SNES games but it seems to want me to download a separate PS2 emulator to run any of that through it.

Wii games run nicely for once. I just don't have the DOLPHIN SENSOR BAR 9000 and my adapter doesn't exactly work. Plus I'm not exactly keen on using an emulated wiimote.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Integral

so from this image, I take it that one guy appeared with plenty of mint condition games, and sold them without being a jew? that's really fucking rad.

It's very enjoyable, though it lowered the bar for modern JRPGs. Make sure you re-watch the cutscenes on youtube, since P3 FES had actual cut scenes with game models.
Then, try P4 on PS2. PSP is acceptable too, but be warned that they thoroughly casualised it.

Play Wind Waker and be merry. It's a better game anyway.

Is there a 8/v/ recommended game list for dreamcast? I've been wanting to play some horror games after finishing Dino Crisis.

SNES games. I'm currently going through the Fire Emblem games.

SNES9x, Dolphin

Anything above 6th gen, I have trouble with even GameCube sometimes. For below 6th gen I've had trouble with PS1, N64 is iffy but still works.

Illbleed, not conventional horror in any way but very good nonetheless.

Blue Stinger.

D2

Pokémon Stadium's resparked my interest in Gen 1 and 2, at least as far as the art direction's concerned.

Did you know all three games have 3d versions of the region art?

Did you also know it's been a fucking nightmare figuring out how to extract any data related to these maps? Neither Glide64 nor Rice'll even acknowledge there's anything to dump.

Nemu crashes everything but 1964 and even then, only Stadium 1'll load anything on there. I managed to extract the model in the second pic, but what does it matter? It didn't come with any textures or UVs and

As far as the Game Boy's concerned, BGB for work, VBA-M for play. And also any 3d emulator that'll let you play at a >>9910869

Goddammit how did I fuck this up?

So, in ppsspp my analogue stick's input keeps being cut off, and im not sure what setting is doing it. I know its not the controller, it works in every other emulator. This is on android. I can walk for about 4 seconds then i just stop for no reason.

Playing Monster Hunter Freedom. It's a bit weird seeing the GS being absolute shit in this game when they are so good in the others.

PPSSPP is my favorite emulator but Dolphin is a close second.

He did it specifically to spite the assholes scalping the market trying to sell games they snatched from goodwill stores for 50000$+

We had an entire set of threads partaking of the new continents forming from the sheer salt.

Nigger what? Use Retroarch or BlueMSX.

That is a very, very tiny woman.

Freedom was one of the last truly good MonHun games, before it became casualized shit with Tri and Portable 3rd.

Yeah, but he's a big guy.

Thank god, that hipster faggot must have killed himself.

Rube detected.

But user I have a CRT

Your post reeks of jealousy and lazyness.

Care to elaborate?

The games feel easier and handholdy now, the jump from Freedom to 4U is dissapointing.

You can probably buy a good sized one for less than 5$ at your local thrift store. There's no reason not to get one provided you have space and the games to play one on.

Only a few short sessions of Here Comes the Pain at the moment. Gonna move on to some action games God of War, DMC, Godhand etc. soon.

Anyone know why I can't install C++ x86 for PCSX2 1.4?

funny, this covers original copies but not back up loading which is what the entire point was. PS2's and Wii's and Xbox's aren't disappearing for the next half century I imagine.

try ishiiruka, made for toaster.

I've softmodded my wii some time ago, so I don't remember all the details.
I have a problem with loading games. The only two things I've been able to run so far are the NES emulator and a WiiWare copy of Earthworm Jim. Everything else just goes to the black screen.
When I try to boot a Wii game from a FAT32 partition on an external hard drive, it just just boots me back to the Homebrew channel.

What gives? Did I follow some outdated tutorial or something? (It was hosted on google servers, if i recall correctly).

bump because I don't feel like reinstalling everything on the Wii and praying for something good to happen

I JUST INSTALLED WANGBLOWS SVEN

Got a link to the wads?

What is the best DS emulator?

Desmume?

BGB and Pokémon Crystal.

HELP

What's the best way to emulate SNATCHER and POLICENAUTS on PC?

The eng translated Policenauts PSP eboot doesnt work on PPSSPP.

Anyone have luck emulating Yakuza on PCSX2? I followed everything mentioned on the wiki to avoid the ghosting and line distortions, but it keeps hanging in the tutorial, they don't mention any problems with that at all. Decided to run through Zone of the Enders tonight instead.

Super Paper Mario is weird as shit and that's the game's best redeeming quality

Currently emulating FFX for the ps2. Getting really tired of it though and I doubt that i''m even a quater of the way through.

This thing is a fucking corridor and cutscene simulator with waifubait with the only RPG elements being levels and stats on characters. Are other FF games like this as well? Somehow I don't doubt that all the games following it are, aside from the MMO.

The "retro" market sucks, that's why you buy consoles and mod them/get cheap flashcarts to play ISOs and ROMs

Bump

Download the fucking Policenauts(PSX) ISO from Emuparadise and patch it or download an already patched one. Use epsxe or pcsxr to run it.
As for Snatcher, the US ISO and KEGA Fusion will do.

Oh user

What's the word on PS3 emulation? Will I be able to emulate Demon's Souls and MGS4 before the decade ends?

Dolphin 5.0 fully merged into Ishiiruka

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/02/rpcs3-ps3-emulator-can-run-after-burner-climax-almost-perfectly/

I imagine you might be able to play some PSN exclusive games decently, but only with a beefy rig. Don't expect to emulate a game like Demon's Souls easily, much less at 60fps until after that.

nice

I've tried Timesplitters (deathmatch and co-op) and Capcom vs. SNK and they worked.

What's the most accurate SNES emulator? I know for the longest time it was BSNES but then byuu went full autism and gave up in favor of optimizing shit nobody asked for while simultaneously gimping the SNES modules.

I ask because I'm planning to make homebrew utilizing shit like the SuperFX chip and possibly even internal resolution mods, and outside of doing it the old fashioned way BSNES was the best option.

bSNES 0.94, later changes aren't necessary for most purpose.

You can also use balanced over accurate, the only difference is that accurate emulates mid-scanline manipulation while balanced doesn't.

Thanks buddy. Might show up every now and again to post progress either here or in /agdg/.

Whats wrong with kaillera?

Bought a cell phone just to use as a portable emulation machine (amongst other things).

Can't figure out what emulators to get.
Can't figure out what controller to get.
Doesn't even play music very well.
Would be regretting my decision if it weren't for how awesome it is as browsing the internet.

I repair, maintain, and mod them.

They aren't going anywhere.

Idk how it works but i used it for many years and while it was the best option during the early 00s, it sucks in comparison to ggpo. It was made in like 2001 so it is also ancient as fuck now

this, it has to be bait by now. right is emulated through dolphin virtual console

I assume you finished in luca but haven't made it to the third temple. The first third of the game is a grind but gets better.

no user, no.

right now I am trying to emulate a life worth living

What phone?
What do you want to emulate?
What are you using to play music and what is wrong?

Phones are computers stronger than desktops from 2003

If you play any FFs, play V, VI and XII

Up until you mentioned browsing interwebs I thought it was an N-gage and I was going to applaud you

Download a GBA emulator and play Pokemon for the thirtieth time, or be a man and play Aria of Sorrow
Download a NES emulator and a multitude of games to then decide that touchscreen controls are shit for platformers and finally complete the OG Final Fantasy

that's it.

Anyone know if I can turn my Vita into an emulation machine?

Download all you can before TPP is in effect.

Yes
wololo.net/vita-cfw4dummies/

When is this?

Thanks man.

November.
TPP is the end of fandoms and this site.

Was nice posting with you guys.

Is TPP self sustainable like NAFTA?

i know, still building my gamingbunker. Only need to look for a few ps2 games and that's it i guess.

Gonna need some sort of source of this so called clamp down. Companies don't have big enough legal teams to stop all the pirating that goes on tbh.

They wont do shit, its all bs false flag as usual

Been around the internet for quite some time and I figured as much. The sense of panic is understandable, the internet wouldn't ever be really as awesome without all the cool stuff it does, but people panic way too easily. I get it, having it taken away in its current form would be rough.

Pixel art can be cool if done authentically and be aesthetically pleasing. Although generally speaking its what I consider PixelIndieShitz. That is when it clear the developer was resorting to the style because they where deliberately lazy and wanted to cash in on a fad to compensate for their lack of talent.

That's interesting, I ran Yakuza out of the gate with no issues besides ghosting.

Trying to get Mednafen working on my old Linux mint thinkpad so I can play mega man zero 2.

Right now there's no sound and it has great music so that won't do.

Playing Tony Hawks Pro Skater.

Holy shit, why arent there more sports games like this instead of boring sports and soccer shit

Because 7 year olds want gritty realism because other 7 year olds will make fun of them.

That's a disheartening and disgusting state of affairs

Retroarch.

Where are you botting your games from?A usb loader? Emulation channels? Are they injects or just wads or roms? Are you running them from the actual NAND or the emuNAND? Whats your folder structure like?

Too true. RIP Mario Strikers

How do I correctly burn Saturn games to a CD-R? I tried to burn Radiant Silvergun to a disk at 4x speed, which is what tends to work for Turbo CD games, and again at 8x speed, but SSF keeps saying "this disc is unsuitable for this system". What am I doing wrong?

Yes, I know I could just mount the images to a digital drive, but I hate messing with that stuff and having it on a physical disk deludes me into feeling like I actually own the game. Plus I have a ton of blank CD-Rs leftover from when I used to make mix CD when I was like 15.

Is there a working DS emulator yet? I want to play Bravely Default.

I was running Mario 64 120 stars. Until I got to the garbage stages and stopped like I always do

Read, nigger.

Higan is the single most accurate SNES emulator. Anything else is trash.

Tried both an external hard drive and a SD card.
Usb loader (GX)
Wads
uhhh, you got me, I guess I haven't looked into that
Structure folder is as follows (from memory)

apps (channels and tools and shit)
wbfs (all wbfs files)
(a bunch of folders and files from the applications and channels like FCE Ultra GX)

Appreciate the input, fam guy.

How about instead of being a passive aggressive bitch you chime in with some actual assistance for your fellow user for a change?

Folder structure, I'm a dumb ass and just got to work in the morning. So I don't have access to my Wii or even the wii folders I have on pc.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2FXW9W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You'll thank me

No, how about you read the goddamn thread.

Well fuck you too you worthless sack of shit. May your existence be a short and painful one. As a matter of fact, you might try dousing your despair in a hearty glass of bleach.

Citra is getting there for 3ds emulation, but nothing is really playable yet.

There you go you lazy fucking shit. Ctrl-F "3ds" next time.

Y-you too.

Was that so fucking hard? Holy shit. Thanks, but also fuck you for being a pretentious cunt who can't give a simple answer when asked.

Man u is a bitch ass nigga ho

you refuse to put in any effort yourself and simply ctrl+f the subject you want information on in the thread and instead stand there, DEMANDING that thine pleas be heard and orders executed. It's one thing to ask for something in a thread that's filled to the brim with information, but this only has 180 replies, it's not hard to filter the topic you need. Grow up

stop being a bitch faggot, you fucking nigger-rigging retard idiot

What format was the image you burnt?

Alright, your folder structure seems fine. So none of your Wii games are booting right? Does USB loader GX show you the gsmes? As in they appear in the menu? Have you tried going into the settings to see which IOS youve set the loader to? You might want to reinstall both cIOS again and see if that helps you out. Do you have the most up to date HBC and USB Loader GX versions?

Im guessing youre not even using it yet. Its fairly straightforward (you can do it from a PC or from the loader) yet Id probably focus on getting the games to work first.

Learn to figure stuff out for yourself you fucking prick

USB Loader DOES show me the games, but when I run them, they either freeze the entire console in a black screen or reset back to Homebrew Channel or USB Loader channel (depending on whether I launched USB Loader from regular Wii menu or Homebrew channel).
I haven't fiddled my IOS didles yet, but I suspect I just might have to reinstall cIOS, pretty sure I have the latest versions of my channels since I update them via the browser.

I'll see what I can do when I get home. I still have to set up a PC I found at the junkyard, which probably means installing an entirely new OS from scratch. Thanks again.

Super Wrestle Angels. Fun game. This whole card game mechanic works really well on it.

Since I normally emulate Pokemon games on my cellphone, I would say MyBoy.

Nothing 3D after the PSX. But I normally emulate things from SNES and GBA, so it doesn't matter that much.

I still don't know how to properly pirate Windows without becoming part of a Mongolian botnet.

Just got a goodgoy android for work. What are the best emulators for it?

It was a bin/CUE file.

I haven't been keeping up with Wii emulation, what's Ishiiruka, what happened with Dolphin?

For you.

Nothing. Dolphin is still going.
A branch out. Read the thread.

Then make sure it matches the hashes on redump.org if not it's a shit dump by default.

Asked it in another thread, but more suitable here. How's the Raspberry Pi for emulation?

Children want to be adults, so they mimic what they believe to be adult things it's why young little girls dress like whores.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualShock_3

emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package

microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

The last link takes me to a 404 page, any idea where I can safely download the necessary X360 drivers for a DS3 controller?

IS the shit

can vibrate though walls