They did it again, the absolute madmen!

They did it again, the absolute madmen!
store.steampowered.com/app/404011/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQymeTH5GgU
youtube.com/watch?v=GErWPKxEA4M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well the "community discussion managers" have locked every thread discussing the dlc in a negative ligth and I've heard rumours of poor reviews being deleted

Absolute madmen
Whens the reload animations DLC?

Really nigga?

Well, this is the very same people that thought stripping the game from the Chaos faction to resell it as DLC was a good idea.

Fumbling the name for it shouldn't be surprising. Yet it is, which makes Khorne even more mad.

I don't play total war games, is this common?
Looks like one to pirate tbh.

Has this game been cracked yet?

Since Shogun 2 mate.

Hi Todd

A not insignificant number of reviews are noting tht the DLC makes the game crash at launch. One shining example of human intellect is unsure how to install the DLC.

AND YET ALL OF THESE REVIEWS ARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

(checked)
Shogun 2 came out in March 2011.
5 years of this then?

God damn. I think I would have killed myself were I a total war fan by now simply for the sheer amount of jewery.

how long till the Total WaWa defense force gets here?

There is a defence force for this turd?

They are already here. Did you guys check out the Total Warhammer general? It was full of faggots defending the game

Everytime a thread pops up, there's 2 or 3 dedicated posters who defend it with

good job valve

That's a big store tab.

Yeah I saw the generals, I had hoped it was mostly people pirating because they were bored. However I just realized there is no cracked version out yet, which means (almost) every faggot in there bought the game at full price at release (or very close to).

Games good though

All the faggots who bought the game knew exactly what they were getting though, it even had denuvo. Some people will keep eating shit as long as its gradually getting worse and not instantly

I have to admit I bought it, mostly from nostalgia of the original games
I never played the last 5 or 6 installments and didnt know what I was in for.
Frankly the base game was pretty good unfortunately too late I realised what a shitshow I was in for

Did someone really expect something else?
They did it already with Shogun 2 and probably Rome 2 as well.
The only hope left is that nobody buys it, but knowing how fucking retarded fabnboys are, I really doubt it.

Call me once they had a sizeable enough roster of female units to sate my ryona fetish. Otherwise, pass.

What a time to be alive.

… what if there was a game that added "PC" content as DLC?

Female characters and "People of Color" in a Diversity Downloadable Content

SJWs pay more for diversity and they can't say that it wasn't created for them.

imagine the memes

I'm pretty sure Rome 2 had female characters DLC. Niggerfication sounds like something paradox will pull.

It's the type of thing they'd release as a free update for once, enabled by default. See the women update. The only time they don't give a fuck about your money is when they're pushing an agenda.

The sad part is that I can't even "call shill". Those 40k fags would lap this up like nothing, to get their garbage.

if i remember correctly the "female gladiators" were objectively better than the normal gladiator units except they had less armour points or something.

Rome 2 was fucking garbage, the endgame legion units made no sense.

You have to own it to review. Can you even refund DLC content like this?

I dont know if you can, I was considering buying to to leave a bad review and then refund

You realize they took out blood because of the ratings?

40K fags don't even know Warhammer Fantasy exists.

its not even gore just lazy blood splashes they probably took a few seconds to add to the game

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

wouldnt the dlc change the are rating anyway?
So that argument is invalid

depends on the country actually. some countries dont give a shit and raise the rating right away. some countries dont raise the rating till you actually buy the dlc

I'm not sure how that works but I think DLCs are handled separately. So you could, in theory, have a PG13 game with an R rated DLC.

People truly are stupid.

and dismemberment. it only takes a few seconds to add limbs being lopped off right? :^)

What next, "The ability to save DLC"?

dont be a fucking idiot, chaos dlc you can argue was cut. blood dlc was made and sold after release. it wasn't there to begin with so how can you call it cut? shitty business practice? yes, cut? dont be fucking stupid

good goy

So your defense of it, is that they remove an aspect of a game in order to lower the rating to appeal to the largest group of people regardless of how it affects the game?

Wew, yeah sure showed me.

Doesnt it have Denuvo going on anyway meaning it's hard as fuck to crack?

They took out a feature of the game on purpose, that's what you are saying.
The reason is actually fairly logical (but still stupid) however it doesn't change that it was removed intentionaly.

And then there's this. DLC is rated differently than the game since it's considered it's own content. This DLC could be rated 18+ and it wouldn't affect the base game.
Better yet, they could have made this DLC for free, since it's a feature they removed from the game.

You see all those Visual Novels in Steam? Many have lewd shit that would push them above 18+ ratings but they still manage to be published because they make a patch to add that content and give it on their site for free.

You know you're a shit company when Visual Novels handle adult content better than you do.

Ever notice how any game not cracked is widely noted on here as shit?

Seriously this should of been base in the game in the first place. It's fucking Warhammer it needs blood,gore, fucking crazy ass shit with some poor fuckers head exploding into a pulpy bloody mess that causes nearby allies to freak out. I'm talking 80's-90's OVA anime levels of blood and carnage.

except it wasn't removed, it was never made in the first place

Except it wasn't removed, they just never made it in the first place. If they'd just removed it they would have been selling it from day one since the forums were full of retards clamoring for it. If they were holding it back they would have held it for an actually good release time instead of in the middle of the summer sale where all the impulsive people won't see it buried under all the cheap shit on the front page of steam.

wew

Also, "it was never made in the first place" is just you saying "yes, I'm naive like that".
It's a Warhammer game, blood and gore is staple to it. Every other game features it. It's much more likely it was part of the game but the rating board warned them that it would make the game R or M rated so it was cut down.

I'd still buy it that they intended to make an actual expansion with the Chaos faction and include this there. However that expansion is probably still in the works and would take a while to come. It's very likely that the game isn't selling as much as they wanted and they think this would get people to buy the game, so they are releasing it now instead of waiting for the full expansion.

All the impulsive people will see it and think "it's just 2,5$. not much compared to everything else I'm seeing being sold".
Your failure to understand how marketing works does not excuse the company.

wew lad

you could just admit that you're talking shit out of your ass. Or are you going to go full /pol on me and claim some seekrit dev shekel grab conspiracy

Except Dawn of War, the most popular Warhammer videogame series, where it would actually make sense for it to be since it isn't played at a level of zoom where gore and dismemberment is impossible to see anyway. Hell, one of the biggest things people bashed the last couple Total War games for was over emphasis on fancy looking fights between individual soldiers and that's literally all this adds and now all of a sudden people are insisting that it's a core component of the game and removing it is sacrilege?

And no, impulsive people won't see it at all because they'd have to already be on the total warhammer store page to see it and they won't be going to that one during the sale because it's the only game in the franchise with no discount. This week is literally the worst possible time they could pick to release it.

I'm fairly certain DLC is non-refundable

This, why would a developer ever lie to you?

go away todd, you're a project manager and pr mouthpiece not a dev

nigga are you really defending blood being removed?
Why are you bringing up Holla Forums they have terrible taste in games they would probably defend this more then anything.

how can you remove what wasn't there to begin with?

UUUU
U
U
U

By not intending to put it in the first place for the eventual repackaging and selling at a later date.

a better one would be you go to the dentist for a crown, they show you a picture of a flat top crown and you say "deal, give me that" then a month later they say "we finally got some tools that can reshape that crown into a proper tooth" and you say "fucking kike shit, you shoulda gave me to begin" and they say "we really couldn't until now"

Except they could, its a fucking texture.
Its not something that takes a lot of effort.
Its not like we have past games to compare it with that had blood before.
Its not like in a wargame you don't expect blood in war, an activity that is usually one by one side depleting the others side body of the vital liquid.

The excuse they cut it out for ratings is bullshit.
This is a WAR GAME, not bible adventure.
You expect blood, if they had to take a higher rating then you deal with that instead of removing an aspect of your game to appeal to a larger audience.
Which is similar to wanting water downed aspects, or X for awesome, chasing the COD audience.

except theres also dismemberment. its not just slap a couple textures on and call it a day.

which are is model editing and a few other things, still not seeing why they couldn't include this in base game, ALONG with the Chaos DLC which WAS done before the game was finished.

Mister, I don't know how to tell you this any simpler…
Notice that at no point in that post does the Dev deny it was already a feature in the game that they cutted down. They don't even tell you when they started working on it, just they have been working hard on it since release.
But guess what? Increasing the resolution or adding another animation is also "working on it".

I'm not even saying it's a nickel&dime scheme ala Paradox and their "Portrait DLC".

It was a feature that was part of the base game.
Rating board threatneded with high rating, so it was put on the backside.
They wanted to release it in an expansion all together.
Sales aren't good, they need content NOW to atract people.
So they pick the single biggest complaint people have AND that they can "fix" and put it up for sales.
It's just marketing, user. No sekrit cabal needed.

What's more, this can even just be to probe the audience. See how many people bought this, how many just bought the game and this tells them how many actually care about blood&gore and re-directs future efforts in developing the game.

The fuck are you talking about? Dawn of War, both the first and the second feature tons of gore and blood all over the fucking place. The first one even has piles of corpses (that don't last forever, sadly) after a fight but both are pretty bloody by the base game.
Way to out yourself, you retard…

Oh yeah, they were just so full of blood and gore that they never had to go and release a blood pack for them.

Oh wait

If they wanted to take out a feature to appease the ratings people, they still could have made it free for people. There's no excuse for making people pay for something that should have been in the core game.

Everything would have been planned long before launch of the game. They deliberately left this shit out.

This is a shit excuse. Basically they're saying they can release an incomplete game at full price and nobody can say shit when they charge extra for things they make after launch.

ohhh so now because it was planned to be worked on after release this counts as cut? wanting to work on other major parts of the game first isn't important? just release some hot mess of half done features because you wanted everything now? manpower limitations be damned?

That makes no sense, you're basically saying if devs intend to ever add anything to a game they should charge less for whatever they've made.

The difference here is that they already had blood and gore in the base game:
youtube.com/watch?v=jQymeTH5GgU

And even in the first game:
youtube.com/watch?v=GErWPKxEA4M

That content pack was released for Halloween and did not simply added something that wasn't even there, it improved part of the content that was already there. It was also released much after the base game as well.
Oranges and Apples, user…

No. Because they removed a feature before releasing the game that they are now working and releasing with it's own for a price, that's why it counts as a cut.

Your entire post sounds like a good excuse for Early Acess, release games at half price and it's perfectly okay because all the buggy content is still being developed anyway, you wouldn't want to play it. Except even Early Acess has the decency of giving you a lower price for an unfinished product, something this game didn't do.

Or charge less for the base game since it's missing a feature they cut out on purpose.

In fact, I still am not sure what's your story here guys… Did they cut it out because of the board rating or they just didn't think about this at all before the game being released? Gotta get your story straight here…

Says the guy who started the whole thing comparing Total War to Visual Novels.
Also, can't help but notice there's not actually any gore or dismemberment in any of those sync kills, just the same low quality blood particle effect in every single one. I thought Warhammer games have always had gore?

im fucking plying

It's always been that they didn't create it before because they were intentionally aiming for a lower rating. The story isn't not straight, you just can't read it right because you're retarded.

So releasing an incomplete game lacking core features that you later release as DLC is any better? Or are you just going to go on to suck some cock and say you were just saying "WELL ACHACHOOLY"? If so, then you must have autism because that was horribly delivered.

That'll be 2.50€ plus tip

How exactly is it a core feature? Everybody bitched and moaned about sync kills in the past few Total War games, but now that they're a DLC everyone's acting like they're an integral part of the formula.

just dig your heels further and continue to provide no fucking point to your posts past pic related

dynasty warriors gets along fine without it

So Holla Forums, why aren't we the kikes themselves?

Oy vey, what do you mean people want me to PAY for GAMES? It's anudda shoah!

I compared how those two types of games handled Adult Content.
Stuff that would raise the Rating of the game higher than they want.

And visual novels handle it better by keeping everything in a free patch in their site, letting them release a PG game that can be raised to M or R for free if the user wants.
Meanwhile, TW:Warhammer asks you for extra cash for that.

Didn't said it was good gore, did I? :^)
Besides, older games. Dismenberment isn't as easy to do unless you want the body parts to always move in the same exact specific way everytime they are cut. Making them extra entities and using the physics engine was beyong what the first Dawn of War could do.

wew, what's next? Starbound still hasn't been finished? What news do you have for us?

Your analogy is kinda shit because I'm a car enthusiast and I DO buy broken pieces of shit and then mod them for superior performance and my own preferences.

The only difference is I buy them used for $1,000 instead of new for $25,000.

WEW!

And your anedotal evidence is full on shit because car enthusiasts are the exception, not the rule.
I actually have fun modding my games and I can stay up to 3 days before I have one fully modded to my tastes. Doesn't mean the game can be released like shit just because I can have fun fixing it later.

Besides, remind me again how much did the game cost? Was it for sale at 5 bucks because they know it's gonna be fixed later with DLC or mods? Yeah…

Actually this is their standard practice. They explained it on a stream that they couldn't sell the game worldwide if it had blood.

$2.50 is fucking jewish though

car enthusiasts in a car analogy = game enthusiasts in the video game market, dumbass. that is to say, us.

it's literally a minor patch that adds gore

I cant really see if people's just shitposting or genuinely defending this
It's a war game from a particurally violent franchise, why the hell did they add blood as a dlc??? If some people didnt like it, why not make it optional on the options menu or something?

Other total war games could pass without blood since the units are small and they're just slashing each other (I think they didnt have blood, at least on rome and medieval) but on this one you have demons, undeads and huge creatures capable of drawing a shower of blood with each of their blows. This, along with the chaos dlc, is just them being greedy

That said, at least it's just 2.5€. It's 2.5€ too expensive, but at least it's not 5, 10 or even 20

So your point is that the only people that should buy the game or the DLC are "game enthusiasts"?
I wonder what "game enthusiasts" have different from regular people that want to play videogames. Bigger wallets?
Because if we want to use that analogy, videogame players are everyone that buys and drives a car, with car enthusiasts actually being a minority of those.

What a [CURRENT YEAR] to be alive.

It wouldn't actually be so bad if it was indeed released as a full expansion with an entirely new faction.
Maybe make it the chaos faction, worshipers of the Blood God. I was actually looking by the feature list there looking for a single unit or faction to justify this.
But instead, it's just SFX sold for a price, while the Chaos Warriors are sold as a "race pack" for 7,50$.

They could have bundled the two things together for the same price and I'm sure nobody would care as much.
But instead, the game isn't being talked about or bought at all, they are getting desperate and this shit had to be released sooner than they wanted…
Denuvo was a mistake.

That's absolute horse shit.

Hi devs, you also deny the deleting of threads and banning of anyone talking shit about the dlc?

You stupid fuck. Devs don't have any control over user reviews.

I bet you judge people on reddit for how many upboats they have too, you retarded fuck.

oh no are we insulting your precious dlc practices?

Bullshit. here allot evidence how they remove reviews in Vermintide and TW shogun 2.

thread has been lost to shills/trolls, sage

Kill yourself

Ok, show me, I didn't see that.

Everyone is taking a shit on it, dumb fuck.

hi shill.