Splatoon: Final Cour

HEAVEN OR HELL

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10629430
youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlhlsS28U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what do they mean by final? Like last one ever? They aren't taking down the multiplayer because they're dropping the WiiU, right?

Wait, is the game shutting down?.

it's just the last Splatfest, but I don't think there are going to be any major multiplayer events after this.

ded gaem
ded sistum

I can't imagine this is really the end of splatfests. Those have to bring in a good amount of players that wouldn't be there much otherwise. The end of new splatfests, maybe? Repeating old ones.
Or Splatoon 2 announcement.

I love to eat squid

I imagine squid grill pussy tastes delicious

THERE ARE THOSE WHO SAID THIS DAY WOULD NEVER COME

WHAT ARE THEY TO SAY NOW?

THUS BEGINS THE WAIFU WAR

I CAN SMELL THE SALT IN THE AIR FROM MY WII U ALREADY . . .

We also get to vote for the Splatfest stage that we would like to see, so YAY! POSSIBLY GOOD SPLATFEST MAPS!

Callie is best girl

LET'S MEME IT, BROTHERS!

Sucks that they're dropping this shit too early, this game still has life in it, why drop support for it now?

Also how the fuck are we supposed to get sea snails then? I ain't cashing out 300000 coins a pop, fuck it.

The NX probably has something to do with it. We'll be seeing the NX and possibly its launch titles very soon, Splatoon 2 may be one of those

Nah that's too much to ask. At best you get an "enhanced edition" of the WiiU title.

but then why stop Splatfests? What's the point unless there's something better to hope for coming?

Odd. Wonder if the snails will become cheaper.

I just noticed that the voting/announcement starts the day before the amiibos become available in North America

So, is this a global splatfest?

half-global

The Japanese are playing the game amongst themselves while NA and EU players are playing with one another.

Something does seem off.

The C&M amiibo get released on July 8th around 2 weeks before the Splatfest date, which give access to new dance moves (as seen in the video announcement) performed on the trucks in the plaza. (And can probably be performed in the plaza amiibo box)

Now why would they put that optional content in, and then stop Splatfests?

Unless this is the final "original" Splatfest and they start recycling the previous ones/other regions ideas.

It could also be that they plan to have some kind of other type of NOT!Splatfest style event replace the ordinary Splatfest

I just got this fucking game… I knew I shouldn't have wasted my money on it.

The online play is not ending, dude, just the once every month/2 month splatfest

But what did you expect from Nintendo? This is the first legendary, amazing title they've made in years in my opinion and now they're just dropping all support for it because they don't wanna spend money and resources on more updates and content.

People will defend 'em and eat up everything anyways so why not, or some shit. Damn this was the last bastion of gold for Ninty in my mind, and to see it just have this last thing when I didn't even get the game and I've wanted it since launch, it's just sorta shit. I wanted a Wii U when the game came out and I never got one.

Guess I won't be jumping on board for splet, then. I'll just emulate it on Cemu in 5 years or something.

come the fuck on homo

So many other games are still getting updates after that time. I thought Ninty might've wanted to jump on board and make something huge and big.

To be fair, after Ancho-V Games came out the free updates were supposed to come to a close.
Then after the enormous reception to the Squid Sisters Concert in Japan, the director was brought to tears and decided to make more content just as a special gift to the fans.

That's how we got Sheldon's Picks Vol. 1 & 2, and the Squid Sisters Amiibos + Recolors of the old ones.

I do wish we could keep getting more as Splatoon is a goddamn masterpiece imo, but one step at a time man.
Kimishima said that Splatoon has the potential to be the next Mario as far as brand-growth, so if you're really into the game then just wait, it's gonna be huge.

And once again Callie is best squid

This is the best use of virtual reality I've seen since it's conception.

Splatoon now has a canon waifu war

This is no contest.
Callie is the objectively better girl.(USER WAS BANNED FOR HAVING OBJECTIVELY WRONG OPINIONS)

Marie will win in both popularity and wins because people without taste like Marie better.

I hope they find something to replace the Splatfests with, for they're the only way to get shellfishes. Maybe they'll set up a permanent Callie vs Marie Splatfest that will repeat every Saturday, so that way thise who are new can still do them even after they've ended.

I could see a perma-splatfest being half-decent if they change up the lines spoken every time they run it or cycle through topics and add new ones.

You're killin' me

There will be blood and it will be so FRESH

strawpoll.me/10629430

But they aren't you illiterate faggot

Where were you when the waifu wars began, and brought Holla Forums to complete destruction?

oh yes they will

hyped for NX yet? you're going to need it

If not for Splatoon 1 they'll probably do it for Splatoon 2. Splatoon 1 seems to be a testing grounds for content in the sequel at this point.

Time to send some Marie boys to hell.

CALLIE MA

WHY

UNLESS SPLATOON 2 IS COMING OUT SOON I DON'T WANT THEM TO END.

FUCKING LOL

Thanks a lot Nintendo. Splatoon 2 or not I'll never buy another Nintendo system again. The Wii U has been a nightmare.

I theorized this in the previous thread, it's worth saying again: the Amiibos let you summon the Splatfest "scenery" and have Callie and Marie perform for you at any time, acting as the "replacement" for the Splatfest experience.

The end of Splatfests doesn't mean the end of the game, though. The conventional online modes will still continue.

If we're REALLY lucky, maybe Nintendo plans to patch in something new afterwards, like a Splatfest equivalent using one of the Ranked modes, or some entirely new event.

(I realize I may well be overestimating Nintendo - they've made some really retarded decisions lately.)

This was such an obvious choice for a splatfest, it's a shame Nintendo's eternal kidfriendliness prevented it from ever happening.

I doubt they'll kill online entirely, that would guarantee a fan revolt (look at 's reasonable reaction). But at this point I'm not expecting a new mode for Splatoon until the inevitable NX sequel.

Luckily I should reach level 10 in time to enjoy this last Splatfest which will sadly be the only one I'll ever play it seems.

Man, between the censorship and bad business divisions that Nintendo has been making, I'm done either way. I'm just hoping they don't kill the online completely but I wonder if Devil's Third is a sign of things to come… at least I can still go back and play the fun, albiet short single player if worse comes to worse.

Stop being negative. One of the biggest gameplay features of the entire thing, the one thing that rewards you with an easier ability to rollscum your fucking 4x strenght up cuttlecap? Something else will have to be replacing it. Consider that they would put something in there as a change of pace. I can see grinding turfwars all day for super rollscum snails to get tedious after a while. Why wouldn't they switch or rotate the gameplay mode instead?

Honestly, if it just turns out that they're stopping splatfests but replacing them with a new, different semi-monthly snail opportunity, it'd actually be pretty great.

What if they patched in an entirely new game mode? I'd love to see 8-player co-op against AI octolings, for instance.

based yakuza-san

I still need to draw this but with Callie in a trash can

no bullying squids

Jesus fuck, get a hold of yourself.

I would love it if they had more splatfests, user, but you have nobody to blame here but yourself. Were the first six months of strong multiplayer support not enough to convince you to buy in? The first eight, or ten? What's your metric for deciding to buy a multiplayer shooter? Since gear rerolls can be bought with regular money instead of splatfest sea snails, there is no mechanical functionality being removed - you'll either spend enough time playing that 30,000 for a reroll isn't a big deal, or you won't play enough to make rerolls meaningful either way. And many people in S rank whom I know are sitting on mountains of snails and money either way, because they have so little need for rerolling.

I wish the NX was another year in the future so we could have another year of Splatoon support and splatfests, but you have to look at the facts here. If the game is due for the chopping block when the NX launches (and that is a big IF, since we still know nothing about the NX, and there may be some kind of port, or another option I'm not thinking of), then it was sold with a short shelf life in the first place and everything we've gotten out of it has been a fluke.

While I dislike the prospect of no more splatfests, I think this is an effort by the dev team to go out on a high note, and not leave the game in a state of limbo so that fans wonder if it'll die out or not. I can respect that.

Worms Armageddon is still getting updates and it came out in 1998. So are Half Life 2 and Ultima Online.

Is this the equivalent of the Horus Heresy now ?

ur mum :^)

Link to the original?

youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlhlsS28U

I can't do it, Holla Forums.
I can't fucking choose, they are both perfect.

flip a coin

You can do it user, just look inside yourself. Gaze deep and see the truth that Marie a shit.

Video games are dead.

Splatoon – Squid Sisters - Live Concert at Niconico Tokaigi 2016

Splatoon - Squid Sisters Concert at Chokaigi 2016

oh shit, another one with new songs