Nolstagia WoW thread

What stories do you have back in the day?

Please share.

youtube.com/watch?v=3p8jLMz0lu8

Other urls found in this thread:

ropetown.com/shared/warlock101.html
pwnanza.com/news/35/Interview__Sebudai.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I lost my virginity because of WoW.

Tell the story faggot.

bump my thread, i want to have nolstagic feels

faggot

I touch you and you willingly absorb it. Faggot.

No greentexts but man i loved playing AV in vanilla, that 40vs40 god damn now that's good fucking PvP!

I dont think i've enjoyed PvP in any other mmo ever since, all this bullshit Arena with 5x5 at most is just boring.

I still play, m8. Blackhand2 wasn't going to kill himself.

Seriously though this song is fucking tops.

I met my first girlfriend over WoW, we dated for about 3 weeks before she broke up with me because we lived 5 states away from each other.

Also we were like 13, for all I know to this day they very well could've been lying about both their age and gender, but didn't seem like it at the time.

My guild back in Vanilla split up because one of the guild officers cheated on then divorced his wife for another guild member, caused lots of drama causing most people to leave and join a splinter guild. I still am the sole survivor of my vanilla WoW guild, my lonely bank toon the only reminder that we existed.

We had some great times.

You know there are BGs, right? Even rated BGs if you feel like giving a fuck.

First time going through the Ruins of Lordaeron and hearing those faint whispers, after entering throne room i stopped become i recognized the scene and then i heard those whispers again. I told my friend about it and he was telling me he cant hear anything (he prob had ambience volume on low) and then months later that was still an argument between us until i found him a youtube video where it showed how to hear the whispers.

First time seeing night elf player in Ashenvale and as expected he was a huntard named Iegoelas (i instead of L) who attacked me without provocation

Constant battles in Hillsbrad and lowbies sending me whispers to come back to defend Tarren Mill

Learning Inferno (my favorite ultimate from WC3) and dropping it for the first time was euphoric

And those are likely shit.
AV started to turn shit in tbc or was it late vanilla allready where everyone just ran to the objectives ignoring the enemy players and the 2months~ i played Wotlk it was same shit on the new pvp arena thingies too.

Can't ignore killing players in some of the new ones. You can also blacklist certain battlegrounds if you don't want to do them.

Still:
i have better things to do in my life than try to relive the old glory days that will never come again due to majority of playerbase being shitters.

Eh, the glory days aren't past for everyone. Still good shit to do if you're inclined. You might have grown out of it but I'm still having a good time.

are there any other mmos worth playing though?
Final Faggotry and GW2 are both dead.

fuck scrubs.

then explain why 100% of the community considered them trash and didn't allow people to run things as ret.

He had to constantly prove that he was better than other melee dps by a wide margin because nobody could figure out what they were doing.

because they were trash in vanilla and people didn't have guides on alakazam like the icyveins guides of today

I only played vanilla for like three weeks, but if they were as trash then as everyone said they were in BC, then I guess they were pretty good.

Buffs lasted like five minutes, if you were raiding at least half your time was spent buffing people. It was anus.

So what you're telling me is that people were playing the class wrong and complaining about it? As melee dps that was their focus, you don't see people whining that rogues aren't buffing do you?

You don't because the rogue buff is a passive aura. People still bitch and piss and moan if a paladin doesn't throw out kings or mastery.

It wasn't an issue of wrong class I wouldn't say, it was just very poorly designed.

I think it was intended that they were to buff themselves and maybe other key players, not the entire raid.
How i'm understanding what you're saying is that people were bitching because they wanted something that the class wasn't meant for.

a melee dps that does massive damage, can heal someone to full instantly in an emergency, and can kite-tank/off tank if needed should have been enough, without everyone thinking they're garbage because they can't put out enough damage unless they have a permanent 10% stat boost.

Good healer my ass

To be fair, music is one of the few, if not the only thing that WoW has consistently done well at. At least post the sea music or Family if you're going to post WoD music, though.

OT:

this is why I left wow

Do you even know how tanking works you shitter?

I had three tanks at max level leading 25 man raids.
mitigating damage and dodging is pretty much the main part of it.

a shield which blocks damage is the same as healing it to me.

Paladins had to recast their seals every time they cast judgement. It sucked ass, the class was very dogshit in general compared to others.

Legion music is shaping up nicely too.

So you really don't know how tanking works. Good to know.

hm, okay yeah that sucks.

you're dogshit, scrub.

That isn't what he said dipshit.

Judgement was off the GCD to compromise that weakness. Also the seal judgement system was far more interesting in the past than the holy combo points of today. They could have fleshed it out further but instead they just made us plate rogues.

Yeah, for PVE DPS. They were amazing support in raids and even post reckoning nerf they could still dish out decent burst in PvP on top of cleanse, bubble, heals and a long duration stun. Warlock was a true shit class until deathcoil. They were pretty much only useful against casters. Then they became pubstomp gods after constant buffs.

I miss Vanilla WoW but Blizzard's balancing cycle was some incredible cancer.

Don't even get me started on any DPS class without CC in TBC. Shit sucked ass. From what I've heard, mid-Wrath was the most balanced WoW PvP has been up to this point.

Also, I wonder:

That was some shit.

I did heroics with 2 healers, 1 shadow priest and 1 rogue. Mind control was some funny and underutilized shit in early TBC.

Yeah, certain mobs did obscene DPS when MC'd. I remember something in Shadow Labs doing obnoxious damage. And the medics in BRD were OP healers.

Blizzard thinks so to, did you know they also consider the mage's blink ability to a heal?

*is a heal

WoW is a shitty MMORPG. Even the soundtrack was inferior to Guild Wars. At best its on par with GW2.

Fun trick as a paladin was to hit them with JoW and use Seal of Fury.

Fury would create a few "ghost" hits to create aggro that for whatever reason would proc wisdom several times.

The soundtrack that is. GW2 is actually worse than WoW in nearly all other respects, on account of being the shittiest MMO ever made.

Even when they added additional bars it wasn't enough. Too bad today's fisher price audience can't handle skill ranks.

i got better later, but i don't have any better story than that one.

i hear people still play EVE

also loved the prot warrior builds during wrath
or the hybrid prot/arms spec

i see enough excel spreadsheets at work.

man, the vanilla gear was really weird when it comes to stats
not to mention that warriors were considered to be the only tanks then

They had a lot of gear with hybrid stats but they had enough to focus on certain builds. You had to pick out situational gear, which is something I miss about RPGs.

I kind of liked situational gear too. Really, at this point in the game, with how itemization is done, they don't really need the strength, intellect and agility stats. They could all be replaced with a blanket +PVE Power stat or something, since if they're not your main stat, they do literally nothing for you anymore.

best memory of that game by far, I dont know if i miss TBC or playing with my bro and friends more

Exactly. Now it's just spec set and pvp set. No mix and match burst gear with high crit and attack power, no high survivability gear with loads of stamina, no mixing shit with unique activated trinkets, no weapons with crazy procs. It's all bland shit. Trinkets are one of the worst offenders.
Or
on use: +X to secondary stat for 15 seconds

I know there are a few unique trinkets from the final raid bosses but it's still all bullshit with total lack of variety.

Pretty sure that's the hardest I've ever laughed at something that happened in an online game.

I sure hope you didnt shield the maintank

The ol' Dalaran Sewer Escape Hatch trick. A classic!

Another fun one was sneaking into Mount Hyjal before it was finished, as a warlock, and summoning people at the super duper bottom of the pond beneath Nordrassil. It was deep enough and disorienting enough that you could drown people who didn't think quick.

Same with the spring in Un'Goro Crater. Loads of skeletons down there during primetime.

Don't leave us hanging, faggot

and that's how I found out that holy was better than disc

Every other class wasn't fun for me. I stopped playing at Cata.

I miss WoW when everything wasn't figured out yet, and you got your builds and rotations from word of mouth from guildmates, or made it up as you went along.

I miss when being good actually meant something in WoW. I was the top fucking dps in the guild, and everyone knew it.

I miss when guilds were a community, not just something you join for the ingame benefits.

Nowadays everything is dumbed down.
Rotations are 3-4 buttons, BiS talents/items are all online, and you can click a button to be teleported into a raid with random people.

Fuck. I miss when this game was good.

this is what annoys me the most
back in wrath a warrior needed at least 20 buttons just for every different scenario. swifty, although being a razor sellout was still right that you needed a mouse with extra buttons.
and blizzdrones on jewtube argue with me that you only need around 4 buttons for your rotation and that everything else is just "a cooldown that you press once every minute or so. we may as well not have them there to begin with"

In other words Blizzard fucked you.

At least half of my input was basically telling people to stop being retarded and nuke the god damned add. Fun times until the majority of the officers and the GM decided to join another more progressed guild because recruiting was a pain. Couldn't follow because scheduling reasons.

I never understood why they took away my monks fireballs, even if their use was incredibly niche.

What really rubs me raw is all the RNG they keep adding to loot. If you thought it was bad in WoD with randomized gem slots, secondary stats, and warforged just wait until you see Titanforged where LFR gear can outpace mythic.

Some zones were more amazing when they were unfinished and had no content. Also, I remember having a lot more adventure in vanilla WoW than later. A lot of places had these tiny doodad interactions that were never related to quest or anything and you found them through pure exploration.

Reposting this as the last time I saw it mentioned it was quickly proven true.

That was one of the best times I've had in vidya. Then we moved to another server as Alliance and started raiding. I miss those days.

We didn't have this, but we did have a warehouse worker in his 40s who sexually harassed all the female priest players. Good times.

I never met a single person in WoW that wasn't either some ADD child or loathsome piece of shit misanthrope. don't know how people actually managed to find 39 other players to cooperate with.

RATHAMUS, are you still driving trucks?

Man I miss those times

fuck, i remember having to go to fray island as an alliance warrior for the fucking quest
and of course blizzjew removed the quest later

Back in the day it was normal people mostly. Back when it had ten million people and not the few hundred thousand it likely has now on western servers.

I played the game in 2005 and quit in 07 when even the horde wasn't safe from elves.

ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING
WRONG

I played Ret Paladin before Sunwell hit but after TBC release. Ret Paladin was a poorly designed specialization which relied way too much on having a good weapon and shit loads of strength, essentially it meant that a fresh Ret Paladin had to be carried through anything and everything because the class is based around Seal of Cachingo proccing on your auto attacks. That being said Ret Paladin was always supposed to be mid range dps anyways since they brought Vindication and other buffs to the party/raid. Also we didn't get 30 minute buffs till like 2.3 or something. Paladins were just a funky class to play outside of Holy in TBC due to the way raid bosses were designed.

But is right, Ret Paladins have always been BG fucking heroes. Dem auras and Blessings were the shit. Ever have a Rogue problem, be Prot and use Retribution aura + Holy Shield, combined with Reckoning is silly shit; melee be killing themselves on your shield. Don't even get started on Holy Paladins in BGs, you could only ever kick the heals because the talents 70% + Concentration Aura 35% meant 100% you can fuck off my heals. All in all, Paladins were a dogshit PvE class (bar Holy and that sweet never oom) but fantastic BG heroes.

No it didn't suck, it was the only engagement your had in your Crusader Strike rotation.

it's like the gordon ramsay of raids

I thought good memories were supposed to make you feel good, why do I feel like crying

Let me correct myself, Paladins were always good.

Back then you actually made friends
And instances took hours

another mount related story

i always wanted to plow the spirit healer. shes pretty big

Bruh, I had a prot paladin in WOTLK with 50k hp and used to run heroic arthas every week.

Ret was complete dogshit pre-wrath though, way too rng heavy.

Oh and our tank for our pre-nerf kael kill in TBC was a prot paladin, he stayed with us through Hyjal and a good ways through BT before the guild disbanded. Ubby was his name if I remember, an italian guy.

prot paladins had decent survival during wrath
but warriors still had the best threat

She was more than likely a dude but fuck, the attention was nice regardless

Was amazing in both pve and pvp. Then affliction became god tier when Burning Crusade came out.

and that's why you go engineering as a warrior (parachute)

Top kek

Top kek

the only fun profession in the game (then made shit by making all cool stuff having a fucking max level cap)

and i swear to god if you say blacksmithing is a fun profession i'll poke your eyes out with a rusted stick

the vast majority of stories in these threads are complete lies. WoW fosters the kind of people who go on and on about how coolio and better than everyone else they are without actually giving you anything to show for it and that lives on in made up reminiscing of the game.

Prot Warrior was fun during those times, I miss doing arenas with a holy priest DPSing just because we could.

It wasn't even a good game, people just played that shit too much.

also mining black iron nodes in MC for the fire resistance gear and Thunderfury and pvping naked.

disc priest is my wedding dj name

I joined a "casual" raiding guild with a friend during WOTLK. Basically same story but not that bad, people actually changed specs and listened to me and a few others. They still sucked ass though so progress was slow. During cata I joined a few other friends that actually knew what they were doing and we quickly reached best 10 man raiding guild on one of the bigger servers with only 2 raids per week.

This is something that always plagues private servers, even those with 1x levelling rates. Retail WoW had its share of complete idiots but private servers are on a whole other level.

How he even made it to 80 is beyond me.

Is this site being unbelievably fucking slow for anyone else right now?

I still think that might have been the greatest day of my life. Better than when I graduated high school.

There's actually kind of a funny story behind how I caught it if anyone wants me to tell

:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

that's there just so they can increase their gear score
they let anyone in icc if you have enough gear score

LFR made it so everyone is that guy now

Nothing special but
That victory felt great after the work I put in. Funny thing is, I dont recall getting hungry during that match.

No, what he's saying is that Paladins were fucking USELESS in raids. Because they were. Absolutely worthless.

meheheh

Now everyone has a hundred mounts. Back then you actually had to work towards earning a mount.

>Tfw the best memories I have were of finding cozy places that were just off the beaten path, always easy to access but under appreciated and having little scenarios play out in my head about what it would be like living in that area and how calm and easy life would be because I was a pathetic, autistic loner who hated everyone else who played the game

very comfy feels

You do realize you're the person that killed Wow and ruined MMOs for everyone, yeah?

Defensive stats are just a bonus beyond that point. In Vanilla and TBC you were being spam healed in raids so more health was always better.

There is a big difference between being minus 50 DKP faggot and wanting a succesfull raid

I had one like that, but she played an elf. Quit the guild because the environment was getting too hostile for her tastes, but her and I kept in touch.

Unfortunately, at this point, she has a few months at most to live.

No one to blame but "hardcore raydur, man!" types who don't wanna learn. Ain't like I sat in Northshire screaming at new toons that they were doing rotations wrong, I was calling people stupid because "oh man, that little thing that could nuke the raid isn't dead and I'm busy with the other, could you get that?" Or "man, 10% health is nice but the tank is at 100%, can I get a HoT or something?"

Especially when its something a lot of people have to dedicate a lot of time to.

Doing raids over and over is already miserable and shitty by itself, if you also have to be the one asshole calling everyone a cunt you might as well kill yourself right now

You're the worst person you can find online if you do this shit

I'm now married because of WoW.

You shouldn't be doing raids at all if you're not trying to progress, both in terms of gear and becoming a better player. You shouldn't take a healing role if you're not even trying to keep up with the responsibility of keeping people alive. The 'everyone should see all the content even if they are a mouth-breathing keyboard-turning faceroller' mentality is what killed WoW.

That said, should probably just have spent his time finding a better guild rather than yelling at people.

The one thing I miss about WoW is being an Shockadin and PvP'ing with Engineering and that shock trinket.

That is so funny, only because I love watching people getting reamed…and I respond well to aggressive leadership.

Why couldn't anyone get their shit together?

whoops
hows that working out?

Would you prefer "chars" or "Player Character"?

I don't know and I didn't really care after a while. I kind of fell off of WoW because of how co-dependent it is. I'm not a play to win kind of dude but when you play something where individual skill is made moot because you can't do everything yourself you just stop caring. I sound like an elitist twat, I know, and I know I'm not the best in the world, far from, but when someone points out how you can improve with one easy thing like "attack this" or "heal actually low health" or even just "get the fuck out of the fire" and they just… don't? Why try? I could go play something alone and get something done instead of wasting money on repairs and pots that I'd have to go gold farm for on my own to cover it.

Ret paladin DPS sucked in vanilla, TBC and WotLK. Any Rogue/Warrior/DK getting beat by a Ret didn't deserve to raid.

Shield healing became a think in WotLK+. They also made shielded damage generate rage as it would a non mitigated hit.

Evasion for Warrior tanks was a crucial part of the playstyle up till I quit playing, which was in the MoP beta.

Going prot healer was the smart thing to do in vanilla so you'd only have to bless every 15 minutes.

As a Demo Warlock in Cata, you needed to re-calculate your total dot damage and damage per tick and damage per cast of your nukes in order to maximize your DPS because of all the multipliers available to you. AFAIK, no one had figured this out and the official Warlock spreadsheet had never found out about this either. This means that throughout the entirety of the Cata expansion, the only Warlocks who knew how to maximize their damage and thus be the uncontested top dog for DPS were in my guild, who conveniently kept its logs private because we didn't want other guilds figuring out our secrets.

Not in PvE.

Holy Paladins were awful up till the very end of Cataclysm because they always lacked AoE healing tools other healers had. The only reasons you brought them over other healers was to soak up plate healing loot and for blessings/judgements and general utility. Their overall healing capabilities sucked except on fights where you stood still, had a metric fuckton of tank damage and little to no AoE damage.

Ret wasn't even a real spec in vanilla. In TBC they were just buff bots. Didn't become a real spec until WotLK.

Prot was a complete joke throughout vanilla and TBC. You'll always have shitters who thought prot Paladins were worth something in TBC but their lack of mobility, interrupts, spell defenses, defensive cooldowns, single target threat, sustainability and overall poor durability compared to Warriors made them a complete joke. The only "thing" they had going for them is that a bad Paladin tank was better than a bad Warrior tank at AoE tanking. But on the flipside, a great/amazing Paladin tank was far worse than a great/amazing Warrior tank at AoE tanking. Tanking 6-7 targets as a Warrior was way easier than as a Paladin since you generated so much more threat after you had a GCD per target to get them to stick to you. In WotLK they became decent but still lacked the basic tools to do the job until the Cata launch.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

Aside from the fucking batshit retarded writing, the biggest problem with modern WoW is that Blizzard just kept polishing the game even after all of the old issues were fixed.
It's like polishing a trophy so hard you accidentally wear off all the decorations until you're just left with an ordinary cup, and then when nobody is impressed by your trophy you decide it's because it isn't shiny enough so you polish it even harder.

One of the reasons why TBC PvP was cancer.

Blizzard shouldve never tried to go e-sports with that bullshit, balancing pve and pvp in the same game is just asking for trouble. Later on it even attracted pvp only faggots

TBC PvP was cancer because of resto druids, hunters and rogues, Stormherald was RNG that was annoying at best.

What an amazingly good analogy.

Axes were better against high resil targets anyways. The extra 5% crit was a significant increase in damage output, especially as MS/Flurry spec.

Good times

I used to idle out there while doing other things. Took two of them for myself (one just to show in trade windows while mounted to make people mad) and hooked up a guildie with the third.

This image about sums up my WotLK guild experience, and I already died from lack of heals. If WoW taught me anything it's that people are by and large idiots.

i never understood when we wiped in Wotlk raids

Vanilla you didnt had DBM and half the classes/specs werent good for raiding

TBC classes/specs got better but boss fights got much harder and it actually required coordination

Wotlk boss fights were piss easy and on majority of them it was merely a gear check, DBM was literally telling you when to move, if i remember correctly in Wotlk they added the new function to DBM that would literally show you a huge fucking arrow telling you where to move when boss is charging his instakill spell.

I blame hunters.

The hardest fights in WotLK were way, way harder than anything in TBC. Firefighter, Freya3D and even Sarth3D were above anything that TBC threw at you. Yogg0 pre-nerf (the version that was killed by like 8 guilds or so total) was so much harder than anything else in the game that it forever deserves to be in a tier of its own. But most of the other WotLK fights were comprable to most of the TBC fights in terms of difficulty and personal responsibility. The outliers were Kael/Vashj and Muru for TBC and Anub/LK/Putricide for WotLK, rest of the fights in those expansions were either gear checks or required very little coordination or personal responsibility.

I'll give you firefighter if only because 30% increased laser barrage damage is fucking bullshit, but these were mostly just retard checks and timing

I couldn't believe how many people kept failing at this either. I played this shit on an Intel Pentium 4 with less than 10 fps in raids and didn't fuck up nearly as much as others have in this game.

I didn't say those fights were hard, I said they were harder than other fights in WoW. AFAIK, the only hard fight in that game was Yogg0, but I quit before MoP so I don't know if there's been fights that mixed personal responsibility, chaos and game mechanics since then.

I disagree, Archimonde in TBC could wipe your entire raid if you make a mistake, Magtheridon was almost impossible to do in last phase and many others

Holla Forums's own TBC private server.

GET IN FAGS
infinity-v.ddns.net

[email protected]/* */
Write to this email with your desired acc/pass

no

how about you first show your server ?

Classic Warlock guide: ropetown.com/shared/warlock101.html

Warlocks were godly on launch before Fear got nerfed. They could just lock enemies in Fear until they died or chain Seduce until they died. Then Blizz added diminishing returns, more diminishing returns, Fear and Seduce sharing diminishing returns, Howl of Terror on same diminishing returns, PvP trinkets to break Fear and Seduce, and never bothered giving Warlocks anything to compensate since they cannot kite for shit without Fear and can't cast for shit while meleed (no interrupt avoidance mechanics for nukes and casts). Meanwhile Rogues were still merrily stunlocking people to 0 on all kinds of separate diminishing return timers because Blizzard had a hard-on for Rogues.

It wasn't until they added the unbreakable Horror effect to Death Coil that Warlocks had an option to cast shit in melee that didn't involve Engineering, Tidal Charm trinket, or those Westfall sleep dusts (which got removed from the loot table after people grinded the shit out of Westfall for PvP consumables). Also, it wasn't just the deathcoil buff that helped Warlocks then. They also reduced Warlock DoTs to half duration while keeping the same total damage. The doubled DoT DPS did a lot to keep Warlocks dangerous.

Whenever I hear about Conflag Warlocks doing great damage in vanilla, I wonder if the cause isn't you taking up a second DoT slot for your DPS, or did you forego your Corruption?

It's always fun when you assrape a Warlock or Priest with a Glimmering Mithril Insignia with THIRTY SECONDS OF UNDISPELLABLE FEAR IMMUNITY (also +10 all resists and some joke armor). It's kinda like pre-nerf WotF.

That's because the first version of T4/T5 was completely broken. Vashj MCd your raid members and they got like 1000% healing and 500% dmg and became completely immune to CC. It basically was an untested clusterfuck of awfulness. The only thing that's ever been worse was the first tier of raiding in Cata where every single fight in the tier had a major, encounter breaking bug or oversight. Saying that the first version of the T4/T5 content we saw was hard is like saying that the first version of C'thun was hard.

You want pics of the server?

i never said first version but Cata first tier was broken i agree, everyone was exploting bugs to kill bosses easier and Blizzard looked the other way

I've always hated wow and I'm beyond glad at how shit it became because it meant that the people who enjoyed the game could no longer hold the enjoyment.

WoW was always shit. The more you learned about the game and its mechanics, the more you wanted to shake the designers for being such godawful retards. The high points of WoW were more accidental than intentional, which is why they proceeded to nerf itemization and other unconventional tricks into the ground as the game proceeded. WoW balance converged into a bland mess of homogenization and simplification to better conform to the designers' vision in the end. The further you stray from vanilla, the worse it gets.

got a video showing more? If you are legit i would be interested

I can give more screens

for our best and brightest who try to use infinity-v.ddns.net as a website….
its the realmlist, not a website

We doin it
infinity-v.ddns.net IS REALMLIST

thanks mr. goldstein

Good times.

He had an interview about it later: pwnanza.com/news/35/Interview__Sebudai.html

Other Warlock shit. I remember casting Curse of Recklessness on an enemy Rogue to help him kill a Priest that was annoying me. He saluted me and walked off. Good times.

Warlocks were pretty much the only class with abilities for buffing enemies and killing allies.

Holy fuck. This brings memories.

Then I never got the game because I thought my computer couldn't handle it until after the release of BC. Regretted missing pre bc for the rest of my days.

cool download link

COOL E-MAIL

Stop making these threads. Every time I see a WoW Nostalgia thread, my stomach starts aching and I want to cry. I want to play it so very badly and have experimented on some of the private servers, but having no one to experience it with is tearing me up inside. All I want is to RP in a vanilla WoW setting.

Should I just level solo on Kronos or look for a less popular realm so my tanking will be more appreciated? Should I try and find a buddy? Should I kill myself for being such a rose-tinted goggles faggot and enjoying playing such an old MMO?

honestly i think blizz should just make a single player version of vanilla
that way everyone wins

Bruh, my post is about Vanilla/TBC, not WOTLK.

Everytime.

You cant find TBC client from all those private servers around?

Infinity-v etc is realmlist

I got the client and the realmlist sorted out. It's just that the user's e-mail to actually set up an account doesn't work.

Holla Forums tbc server up, lets do some dunjins people! —- Write to this email with your accname/pass :
[email protected]/* */

– set realmlist to:
infinity-v.ddns.net

We need a healslut!

What are server settings as well as hardware?
Hardware:
Bandwidth:
Level speed:
Non standard stuff:
Core:

i didn't expect this to actually be legit

ask

WotLK

STREAMLINING

Blizzard can suck a dick and die.

>meet character named Smiggles

i have other stories from BC and WotLK but to be honest they're stories about friendship and shit, not all of them are sad, but some feels

post 'em

>have friend from second life because i was an edgy faggot
i remember i'd start a million billion characters and he was such a bro, i friended him on battle.net but i guess i'm scared to intiate that friendship, he hadn't unfriended me, i even talked to him a few months ago i miss that guy

Tyler if you're reading this, dude, fuckin' you were a total bro and i love you man, i know we haven't talked in a while but shit i'm a social retard who can't into conversations with people from my past

why was BC and wrath so comfy?
remember when the world was half-finished?
hyjal was there but not really?

this is less a feel story but a funny one

i know vanilla was hard as fuck but god i hated what they did to hunters, i like how most classes played similar until you got the class quest, fuck anons, i'm getting misty-eyed..

You autistic fuck. Fucking message him and talk your shit out like a normal fucking human being. It's not rocket science. These chickenshit skills are only going to wreck your life because you will suffer if you go full fucking awkward dork and avoid people.

I miss levelling vanilla warrior.

It was shit, I had to eat/bandage/cannibalize after almost every mob and got killed by every gank but still.

blacksmithing was actually good

Fuck gnomes

what is reconciliation?

He probably means Retaliation or Recklessness.

Pallies could outheal priests? You must have played long past vanilla.

Underage, or barely 18?

Yea I meant retaliation, no idea how I thought it was called reconciliation. Point still stands though, gnomes are the worst.

alright guys saddle up, i've been holding on to this one for several years now

tl:dr I might have been responsible for breaking up a marriage in wow

pic unrelated

join a pvp burning crusade server with a couple of bros on the first day it was released

I rolled on Kronos 2, and I see nothing but packed zones everywhere. But I still feel so alone, even after grouping with a few folks for some dense as fuck mob packs.
WTB RP Guilds.

Black Desert is 30$ and no sub.
It's not a WoW clone so you'll be confused as fuck for a day, then it get's really good.
Or listen to everyone calling it Korean Grind Shit.
It's grindy as fuck, but the profession/lifeskills system is top notch and there are millions of things to do besides "grind these mobs".
Reading guides telling you the fastest way to level and grind will ruin the game for you. Don't do that.
It's mostly single-player until you want to PVP. For PVP you have to join a guild.

They patch the game every week and there have been 2 expansions in the first few months of release. I haven't left the Vanilla area of the game yet because there is a lot to do and I have been playing since the 4-day head start.
Great game if you like professions and exploring.

Shilling complete.

Also all the people who can't handle RNG and complain about the game being too hard have left so the community is pretty solid.
The usual shitposters of course, but the game has established a decent base of players who love the game.

Yea RP and non pvp servers are universally shit. Its why I joined a pvp server even though I dont like pvp in MMOs

I remember that one time I did an instanced dungeon and my group was completely retarded.

80% of my WoW experience in a nutshell.

I'm rerolling a dwarf as we speak. Should of known from the start. Oh well.

have you played the game?
lol
You must suck dick at the game and that's why you quit. Or you never even played, which I would believe.

You don't have to buy shit from the cash shop. Maybe the ghillie suit. That's only if you care enough about PVP. That makes the game full price.
I don't deny the ghillie suit is pretty P2W for PVP, but you definitely suck at the game.

Paladins have always been the most useless wastes of space in any raid. They couldn't tank in Vanilla, they couldn't heal as well as a shaman or a druid, let alone a priest, and they have always been out-DPS'd by every other class, and everyone who ever mained a paladin had a mile-long stick up his ass. The most quirky, gimmicky, finnicky, shite-mongrels.

Prove me wrong.

One day I was out grindan.
Someone whispers to me:"Come here for a second, you will get 100 Gold."
So I go over to where he told me to go. Sure enough he was standing in front of a dungeon summoning stone. He tells me to summon a friend with him, I do it and he gives me 100 Gold.
Good times.

A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR

Fucking kill yourself.

Moral of the story: even when you're trying to be bad for fun, there are some people who will always be worse.

I agree. Why spend precious bandwidth pirating a movie that you already know is bad? I mean, even pirating this piece of marketing shit is giving it too much unwarranted attention, and-

Oh, fuck you.

blk276
thank me later

TBH fam, it sounds less like you broke up the marriage and more like that chick was on the rebound. Even if that is somehow the case, you didn't have anything to do with it and there is no reason you shouldn't have talked.

Tangentially reminds me of this mom in one of my guilds who let WoW more or less ruin her life and forced her kid to play with her, even when the kid didn't want to play. (On the plus side she was an awesome druid.)

i went to check the armory and it turns out i killed one of the highest rated warlocks of the server at the time in a 1v1 match as a mage without even using cold snap.

WoW is full of women like that. It's basically a MILF dating service. I have lost count of the number of times I've seen marriages disintegrate over the game.

I was an unapologetic battleground twink. Had a shit load of them at most popular break points. Cata-era my 84s were notorious and people would rage quit before the game even began when they saw me join flag runs. I could run three flags back before they even knew what was happening.

you think you do but you don't

yea, fuck gnomes

I am tempted to join, but I feel like I should wait out and not waste my nostalgia until that TBC private server - which some folks here are waiting for, becomes available.

man, i'll never really understand the photographers that do this. at least not in these situations where they're trying to make a point and then they use photographic tricks to make the pictures seem more like they want them to seem. i mean, the brows are raised, eyes are alert giving him the "whatever dude, take your picture i don't care anymore" look. the point is made. why do you have to then take the last, decisive picture in a different manner than the other two? if discovered, this only serves to invalidate or undermine your message.

despite playing through late vanilla and the entirety of tbc, it just isn't meant for all of us, user. i managed to get into raiding in wotlk, was in one of the top guilds of the server but i could only keep grinding raids for so long. sooner or later i was back to wpvping, wasting time with finding new ways to kill the other guys in a dickish manner and being an unproductive asshole in general. i was literally notorious on the server for being an asshole for the longest time. thinking of it almost brings a tear to my eye.

>warlords of draenor

try fighting someone with better gear than you, you'll do 20 damage to their 2000. It's a near impossible difference, if you had actually played the game as opposed to sucking it off and "exploring" you'd know this.
Also I like your defense there
Other pay to win advantages.
Horse Resets.
Inner ware
Increased Weight
Soon to be released pay to win: An item that prevents your shit from breaking when you fail an enchant.

Well stop fucking posting then, retard

Man, I can't believe Blizzard removed arrows and bullets. Bullets were pretty much the only thing you could engineer and sell to people consistently for profit, because everything else engineers make require engineering to use. Making and selling top tier bullets on a tuesday night before raid resets was amazing. And then Blizzard shat all over probably the least useful profession in the game, I guess because they were taking a shit on everything else in the game while they were at it.

there's your error.

i went and watched it in a cinema with a friend
and i enjoyed it

I remember old Phase C Prologue.

Wow, you have shit taste.

good times

i had the same experience with dalaran
fuck dalaran

While WoW was at its best in BC this was some of the most fun I had watching people slowly realise they couldn't out dps my healing.

had a friend who played pally exclusively from at least cata until siege dropped. pretty much described him to a t. always complained that he had aoe as a tank for aggro, dps was too weak as dps, and healing was too much responsibility yet claimed to be god tier at it, used this excuse for raid leading as well.

so yea, you're right..

my memories are weird since I had friends in a pretty good raiding guild and I'd get carried some what frequently but most of time I'd spend pugging cause my schedule didn't allow me to raid consistently.

one time in particular, tanking elegon on my bear the main tank keeps fucking up the swap on him, always putting me in a weird spot. Coming up too early and getting stacks on him, making me leave and have to rush back, turning the thing, then blaming it on me.

I don't have a mic so everyone believe him I guess even though it was kind of obvious.

I'll give you a hot tip: she wasn't flirting with just you.

Nah, Paladins could actually tank in vanilla. Pre-1.9 Paladins were god-tier at locking down boss threat with Judgement of Fury (which gave 337 threat every time the Paladin did holy damage because lol those casts are fat cooldowns, but a smart Paladin used Judgement of Fury with Retribution Aura, Holy Shield, Seal of Righteousness, and spammed Consecration so the threat:second ratio was fucking insane) but most WoW players were retarded and used Judgement of Fury (if they used it at all) with Seal of Fury (which was a 90 threat per hit seal) and Devotion Aura for the extra armor, and probably never got Consecration for tanking either - plus Paladins had to put attention towards becoming crush-immune for tanking as opposed to Warriors who just had to pop Shield Block and they had to roll on tank gear which went to Warriors first, so in the hands of retards Pally tanking was never going to happen. Post-1.9, Seal of Fury got replaced with Righteous Fury which was a holy threat multiplier and wrecked the sick single-target Pally aggro while the improved Blessing of Sanctuary added holy threat on block and made a Paladin's reflective and AoE threat much stronger. A skilled Warrior could AoE tank too though. One of the other problems was that no one was inclined to let Paladins roll on tank gear. I think Paladins had a tanking benefit in Naxx where bosses were taunt-immune and vulnerable to Exorcism (dat holy threat) and Paladins could gear their way to capped defenses, but even then they don't have the oh shit buttons or mitigation of Warriors (not to mention mana issues, which meant no Greater Stoneshield potions unless you wanted your raid to spam Innervate and Major Recombobulator Rays which are Engineering trinkets that share cooldowns with healthstones) and Naxx was hard enough as is. So Paladin maintanking was doable but annoying and suboptimal so no one fucking bothered. AoE tanking happened here and there though.

Paladins could also raid DPS really well if your raid was weird enough to let you spec Reckoning and train the shittiest trash mob you can find to the boss room where you time /sit to cause trash crits to force Reckoning procs for doubled attacks on the boss. Wasn't likely to happen though.

As healers Paladins mainly had the benefit of having the least mana issues due to all their spells being way the fuck cheaper and getting refunds on crits but yeah they were weak in terms of healing power. Paladins were more of a utility pickup.

Also Shamans trump Paladins on the gimmick front. Fucking totems. Go position a raid around that shit.

At least Paladins made great PvP healers though. They were hard as fuck to kill and CC and spammed Cleanse along with contributing dispellable shit like BoP and BoF. And in world PvP they could bubble hearth out of ganks which annoys fucking everyone.

How did I do?

Almost thought you meant my mom for a second there. She quit after Naxx in wrath though because the game was to casual for her and would regularly mock my friends and I for still playing.

I regained my virginity because of WoW.

There was also the 3% hit scope, which for a long while applied to melee hits too. It was the highest demand recipe in the game. After a while Blizzard removed the recipe while they were rebalancing it, so if you already had the schematic you were raking in tons of money.

Aside from that Engineers made money selling engineering items to other engineers, since Goblin and Gnomish engineers could use most of each other's items, which were overwhelmingly BoE to boot, but required a specific specialization to craft. You usually had people purchasing Goblin Rocket Helms or Gnomish Mind Control caps or Gnomish Rocket Boots. (Goblin Rocket Boots did not even have any requirements for equipping until BC.)

And there was the Green Lens. For a while the Green Lens of Stamina was in extremely high demand before it was removed from the list of possible Green Lenses in 1.3. Back then spell damage was virtually nonexistent and a Green Lens of Stamina had 34-35 stamina on it.

You can't regain your virginity slut

I think he means he re-learned how to be a socially awkward fucker.

Funnilly enough Wrath itself was half-finished.

Cut content includes:

It's a damn shame. I wouldn't have cared about Naxx and ToC being so low-effort if they were added alongside proper raids like they were originally intended to be.

Also worth noting is that the Crusader's Coliseum was originally meant for Crystalsong Forest, which is why that zone is so barren without it and why many of its dailies take place in Crystalsong for seemingly no reason. It was moved because it caused too much FPS drop being right next to Dalaran.

For the record, the quest giver tells you the reason. I mean, it's not like there's trees in Icecrown.