RPGs for Android

I am going out of town for a while and in an effort to stay entertained I am looking for some good rpg's, both japanese and western, to play on an android tablet.

Please do share any and all recommendations.

Other urls found in this thread:

buy.thegameklip.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

emulators

7th Saga

baldurs gate I and II have android ports

I have played I on pc and will probably play II on pc as well, thank you for the suggestion though

avernum is good and has an android port, but I dont think it plays well on anything smaller than 10 inch screen

A lot of Final Fantasy games got ported, people also liked the f2p record keeper.
Knights of the old republic.
From what I have seen of it Bards Tale might be nice if you want something less serious.
Chrono Trigger also got a port.
Terraria.

If you want something originally from android, I can recommend Zenonia. It is grindy as hell and something like 4/10 but proper games nonetheless.

If I see something else I will make another post, you actually got me curious about what is on android right now.

only turn based.
Controls sucks.

Get an emulator. I've found that anything SNES / GBA and below runs fine.
N64 games are still kinda wonky and I have no idea what PS1 games run like.

As for SNES RPGs, you have tons of them. Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II (retranslation of course), the Final Fantasy games, etc.
Heck, you're on the internet, you could just look up a list of them.

As for GBA RPGs, Golden Sun, the Fire Emblem games, and Mother 3 are all good non-Pokemon RPGs, although the Fire Emblem series is more of a strategy type game.
You could do the same too with what I said for SNES and just look up a list of GBA RPGs.

If you're staying out of town for less than a couple days you might only need 1 or 2.

don't ps3 controllers work on android?

Anything Bluetooth or connectible through USB works.

Only problem phone screens being so small you need to keep it near your face and most pads with phone holder sucks. Best solution would be to shill for this:
buy.thegameklip.com/
Fuck you america fags. Only reason I don't have it is because I would need to pay double the price for transport.

But if OP wants to use it with Tablet he can just set it like PC monitor and he should be fine.

Thank you for the input folks. I will look into emulators however I am not sure I have the time between now and when I must depart to get them working properly.

Also I LOVE Knights of the old republic and have played it multiple times on pc and xbox, and I have also played chrono trigger. Thank you for the suggestions though, had I not played them already I would be doing so right now.

Merchant

Also, perhaps I should have mentioned this earlier, I will be out of town for around 4-6 days.

If it helps at all in narrowing selection, as mentioned earlier I LOVE Kotor, as well as Morrowind, FF9, Shadow Run, Baldur's Gate, Tales Series, Valkyria Chronicles and Grandia II.

I have been curious about playing Romance Saga, and Record of Agarest War Zero for the tablet.

Once again, thank you folks for your help.

As far as I'm concerned the only Romancing SaGa game translated is 3. It's not too bad, I actually started playing it a couple of days ago. But the series as a whole is mostly non-linear so it'll be frustrating if you're one of those people who like a checklist to go through.

While I do like to do as much as I can in a game, right now I am more interested in just playing something fun, and if it ends up being really amazing then I could see myself in the future going back and trying to achieve everything possible.

The Dragon Quest series in it's entirety (minus VII) is on Android right now. The translations are questionable but the gameplay is pretty damn comfy, and the games, being turn based, work fine with touch controls as well.

Also if your Phone is pretty up to date you could do Shadowrun Dragonfall, which is pretty great on PC, not sure how the phone version holds up but what I played seemed fine.

Also maybe check out The Bard's Tale.

I am definitely curious about the Dragon Quest series, in particular Dragon Quest VIII

VIII is on Droid if your phone can handle it, and it's still pretty good looking. I played that one when it came out on PS2, it was my first Dragon Quest and a great intro to the series. I suggest starting with either that or V if you haven't tried the series yet.

Alright, awesome. Thank you for your help.

some interesting art family man

Thanks, just trying to keep the topic alive and get some more suggestions.

Square Enix has a fuckton of older games, but they're expensive as fuck if you aren't a pirate.

Otherwise, look at Foursaken. They're a developer, but the games they release tend to have the grindy element of RPG's mixed in with their gameplay.

Oh, also, The World Ends With You. Amazing game, but it being a ported game from 3DS means the gameplay is a lot different than the original.

I have heard good things about that game, though I was not aware that it would be different on tablet vs DS, thank you for the heads up.

The problem is that the entire game, from the story to the exploration to even some of the music, relied on one character on the top screen and one on the bottom. The bottom character is the one you control directly, but the top screen is where you control your partner with simpler combo stuff. Cutting half the screen meant cutting out at least half of what made it so satisfying. Even normal battles were fun because you had to worry about both characters, because both the characters shared the same HP. If one died, both died. Also, it had a combo system between characters.

Since it's only on one screen, they cut the top screen off for the most part, This hurts parts of the game a lot, like the boss battles.

That does sound like a neutered version of the game, most unfortunate.

xperia play 2 never ever

If you've got access to a wifi/data connection you can play Unison League. It's a sort of mini MMO with an emphasis on stat grinding to engage in 5v5 guild battles. mechanics are deep enough for a mobile game, but shallow enough so you can passively play it even if you're busy. There's even an auto mode that lets the AI control your character for the duration of a mission/fight, making for easy grinding/multitasking so that you can still access items and materials even if you're busy

Emulators
GBA
SNES
SEGA Genesis
SEGA Saturn
Dreamcast
N64
PS1
PSP

Games
Chaos Rings Series
Final Fantasy 4 The After Years
Chrono Trigger
Adventures of Mana
Almost anything from KemCo
Dragon Quest series (especially VIII)

Emulate DS games
SMT works well, so does any tactical RPG.

I just torrented a NES emulator off kat with 1000+ roms, playing Destiny of an Emperor, but looking forward to FF1 and Zelda 1 soon.

I'm playing on a phone though. -.- I haven't really got any good non-emulator rpgs for android for some reason.

also, minecraft and terraria on android but for some reason i find them both super fucking hard to play on my phone.