Are You Honestly Good at Vidya?

Not many people here brag about how good they are, but many do like to point out when someone is playing like a moron. It makes wonder how good are you guys at games. What genres do you excel at which would you like to get better at?

I think I'm pretty good at most games I pick up. Souls games give me some trouble but it doesn't take long for me to easily break them. Ninja Gaiden Black has made me better at most games once I beat master ninja mode. I excel at RPGs, TRPGs, Hack and slash, beat em up, and Fighting games. I would like to get better at fighters. Roguelikes, and shoot em up games. There's always room for improvement in those.

Nah, I'm fucking shite. Even when playing Smash Bros people will say so.

I am average, I think DaS2 difficulty is stupid compared to the first, for some reason my left thumb hurts after a while, I don't recall having that problem with DaS, I think my perception of the character movement is too slow which makes my brain try to push harder.

I think I'm pretty average, my problem is that I can't stick to a game. I tend to play a lot of stuff so I end up being a jack of all trades instead of mastering something.

Comparing myself to other people I know and friends I play with, I'm average to above-average. If I spend some time learning a new game I'll probably surpass my friends, and if I already know the game I dominate.

But I'm not a pro as I don't really spend a huge amount of time with only 1 game.

The last time I spent a lot of time with a game was doing 100% on Bayonetta, unlocking everything the legit way, getting platinum awards in all chapters, but I still haven't got pure platinum on the hardest mode.

I fucking suck as video games.

At least I'm not as bad as DSP or Egoraptor.

I'm pretty average. I usually play modern games on the hardest difficulty but I always have to play action platformers on normal.

Girls and Arcades don't exist anymore user. Stop lying.

I'm OK. Used to play Sm4sh with friends, and was either best or second best. We weren't a competitive group or anything, so it doesn't really count.
I've beat Ninja Gaiden Black on normal, and was halfway through doing a nunchaku-only run on hard when my Xbox broke. I'm planning on retrying that when I beat my backlog.
I'd like to think I'm good at MonHun 4U. I've got aerial attacks down perfectly, and can dodge past a monster, rebound off a wall and smack it out the air easily enough. Then again I'm stuck in Caravan 8 because fuck Azure Rathalos, so I'm probably shit compared to the rest of the community.
I can do Redstone in Minecraft. I'm working on a system to send signals to different houses in a village, for secret non-chat messages. I'm forgoing direct connections with levers for a shift register, which makes things slower but I can send signals to a fuckton of houses with only 2 levers and a button.

I used to play TF2 around 2012 to 2013, which was pretty fun. I did fairly well, and got lots of people raging at me. I stopped that though, and cut off online multiplayer altogether, because I hate online multiplayer.

He's not lying.
There's actually an arcade bar opening up in my city.
I'm applying to work as a server the second I get a chance.

Arcade bars exist.
Like what he said.

Are arcades making a comeback? Do they have things other than claw machines and Cabela's deer hunting or some shit?

I can play just about anything decently, but I'm not really good at anything

At least I'm not DSP

I can get good at a game pretty quick, but it is one of those if you don't use it you lose it sorts of things. Example: I used to be a beast at FPS games when I played them regularly. Especially when Half-Life and its mods were still big.

I'm god tier except at FPS compared to my small group of friends.

But they have shit taste and love Day Z and Overwatch and whatever meme game of the month is. Surprisingly, they didn't get into Undertale, despite my recommendations.

But I do commit a lot of time to learning a game's mechanics and intricacies if I can.

That doesn't count, I used to think I was hot shit until I started playing online and realized that everyone around me is borderline retarded when it comes to video games and that I'm actually not that good

And it's a good thing they didn't get into tumblrtales.

I used to be above average with DMC3/4 and (as I was told) was e-sport material in CS1.6 and later CS:Source.
That was like 6 years ago though. These days I play GSG and space games mostly so I got rusty when it comes to those crazy reflex shit.

I'm better than 99% of people at Souls games. I literally don't die unless I intentionally try something retarded. I am THAT KID regarding Souls games.

I picked up Overwatch on PC 2 days ago and my win ratio is >60%. This is the first time I've used a mouse for shooting too. I've made the enemy team give up a few times when I play Pharah. I haven't played competitive yet though so IDK where I stack up.

I went on a like, 30 game win streak playing SFV the first time I went to ranked. I went to about 1000 LP before I paired with a Gold ranked guy who destroyed me with Fang.
I'm okay.

I've 5 starred every song on Guitar Hero 2 and 3 on Expert. I can play every song on Rock Band 2 on Expert guitar and singing simultaneously and probably get Gold Stars.

I've beaten Dragons Dogma from a new save file in less than an hour.

Overall I wouldn't say I'm great, but I definitely have a far better understanding of how to play than most people.

I'm competent. Never really claimed to be anything more than that. I rarely spend enough time with one game to get competitive level good at it.

Better than average
Reaction times aren't fantastic but I'm good at planning and nigging people over

I always thought that other anons were the best of the best when it came to playing games.

oh hell no. I don't think I've played with an user that was above average at games. I have a friend who's good but he only lightly browses so I wouldn't consider him an user.

Fighting game thread is probably the only place you'll see skilled players on 8/v/

I like to believe I am at least decent. I would not be able to be in a game tournament, but I at least try to play at higher difficulties even if I get raped in some of them. At the very least I improve.

I'm ok. Not playing a lot of action games lately has made me dull, so picking up something like Ys or a shmup takes some concentration and time, but in the end determination is the most important thing to have. Instead of bitching out because you're not fast enough, you just get faster.

I'm pretty good at most vidya, other than fighters and RTSs. It helps that I was a vidya tester for a year and literally got paid to git gud.

I'm decent enough. I don't shy away from the hardest difficulties and they've never stopped me from actually beating a game.

I'm pretty good at nearly any video game I pick up, even for the first time and I can lock on to the basic mechanics of a game pretty quickly.

I attribute that to basically nearly 3 decades of playing video games of nearly all types and varieties.
With that said, there really isn't anything "new". There's nothing that has been offered in the last 10 years that wasn't an approximation, mechanically, of something I had played 20 years prior.

It honestly shocks me when I see how shitty anons seem to be at games, though.
I've streamed games while getting totally hammered and I got shit for how crappy it made me play only to have the same people come back and tell me that they've never beaten the game on the difficulty level I beat it at while I was 3/4 through a bottle of whiskey.

i'm not "good" but i'm definitely not the worst

I'm good at literally all of the games I hate, but completely suck at the games I love besides DooM and DDR.

I'm god at CSGO and SC:Blacklist, games I cannot stand, yet games that I love and have put hundreds or even thousands of hours into I'm shit at:

I just don't fucking get it, man. Why the fuck am I being punished like this? I just want to be good at vidya I fucking enjoy dammit.

Judging by that list, you lack patience and the ability to micro manage.

Competent. I'd say i won't die more than 10 times playing any of the miyazaki directed games in one run doing a viable build, and i win 60% of duels.

Shit. Doing alright in Cowadoody and similars, suck horribly in CS, but i never played any of those more than a little.

Better than most friends, but it differs a lot. SC2, AoE, SupCom, Total War series. Most of these require their very own autism and are barely comparable i feel.

Above average Platin 2

Complete joke. I honestly don't know why these are still so undemanding seeing that everything goes towards esports and shit.

I was, but I'm in my 40s and have severe arthritis (Not shitting you, I do) and a wife that rarely lets me play. But from 6 to my late 30s? I was a god.

I went through every arcade game at my local arcade with 1 credit and would amass huge crowds of people who would watch me play (Think twitch streaming, but it was in the late 80s, early 90s). TMNT 1 and 2, Cadash, Tower of Doom, you name it and I one-credit beat that fucker. I was semi-famous in my hometown for being the god of that arcade. Knew the owners and the employees like they were family too. Good times.

I beat Ultima 3 at the tender age of 9, when most of these thumb-sucking retards now are playing CoD and can't even name the 3 branches of government. I DM'd my own D&D games, beat the C64 version of Pool of Radiance with a 2 man party and solo'd all of the first three Wizardry games…before I even hit my teens.

I used to be the head geek of my nerd group in school, and would routinely "put on shows" for everyone else by going through "hard" games in record time. My two biggest "shows" I'd put on for friends were me finishing Bionic Commando for the NES in under 30 minutes, and beating Street Fighter 2010 the Final Fight in about the same time. Also played the first 2 Ninja Gaidens so much I could beat them without dying.

And this is all why I can't move my fingers without excruciating pain, I think.

There was a shit ton of pinball machines, recent themes like the Walking dead and Game of Thrones in the one I went to.

Theres also old school donkey Kong and House of the Dead.

You know what's coming next, don't you?

Anyways, that's impressive. I have respect for you gramps

You would be very much correct. I have a subconscious urge to speedrun vidya and it kills me. The problem is that I see that speedrunning almost every game is possible yet my autism level isn't high enough so I end up just barreling through shit like an asshole.

I've been cleaning myself up though. Getting into games with good atmosphere helps.

Never understood people like you, what the fuck kind of relationship revolves around one partner not letting the other partner do non-cuck shit that they enjoy? You actually sat down and said you wanted to spend the rest of your life with a person like that?

My condolences for your hands though, currently ergo-ing the fuck out of my devices. I'd rather be dead than lose my hands.

I'm decent at everything except shmups and grand strategy games.
Also, for some reason I suck at slow ass modern FPS but I'm pretty good at fast arena shooters.

I don't know. I haven't ever played any games competitively.

You sure you saw her and thought "Hey, I'd be happy spending the rest of my life with her"?

Or did you marry her because you feared dying alone? Or whatever reason that was clearly not because of true love.

I'm good at games when I try to play them well, but it's been a really long time since I've played a game that made care enough to put any effort into getting good at it.

Depends on the genre. Played a lot of FPS when I was younger so I climb quickly in most FPS games. Usually don't care enough to break into competitive areas and will just opt for pubstomping and occasionally give comp players a run for their money.

Usually do good in all other genres, too. Only two I can think of I've really never gone far in is RTS and MMOs. Played actually lots of MMOs but once I hit levelcap I think about gear treadmill and immediately stop giving a shit.

My mother claims the arthritis runs in her side of the family, but she's the only one I know who has it as bad as I do and she got it in her 60s, not her 40s.

As for the missus, I do love her, and I decided years ago that I loved having a partner more than living alone. Plus spending two decades trying to find the fabled "Gamer chick" that people claim exists wasn't working, so I went with a cute half Japanese girl that is extremely yandere. It's worked out well, since my hands wouldn't be able to crank myself anyway.

You'd have liked Guild Wars. No gear treadmill for PvP. The only thing that mattered was skill.

Same with me and platformers.

Thought I was average, then I saw how some other people play them, and that re-evaluated my perspective.

They pretty much have exclusively normalfag-tier games (rereleases of Pac-Man, ports of iOS games, Raw Thrills shit, maybe Mario Kart GP or DDR if you're lucky) if you aren't going to some convention or huge museum like Galloping Ghost, but they're around.

user you're really not doing yourself any fucking favors here

Crazy loves crazy, and there's nobody crazier than me.

You chose. Poorly.
gaming is what your bros are for, unless there's a secret society of half-decent looking women that play shit like quake in current year
you think I'm gonna believe that shit, nigga?

"good races" are a Holla Forums meme. There's shit, and then there's dog shit.

Above average at games I like, but not good.

Oh look, all the lonely anons chime in to judge you.

Now i'll just wait for them to tell me they all have tons of girlfriends that don't have pointy elbows or knees or anything disgusting like that.

If you're going to drop offspring in the world, do them the favor of at least making sure they look like you. Which means fucking a girl of your race and making sure she doesn't have a retarded brother or some shit like that.

You could have found someone who would at least let you play games.

Now with your arthritis, i'm surprised you aren't looking back at what you could have done with your free time.

Why are you even on Holla Forums if you can't play games?

Thanks gramps, you derailed the thread withy our blogging.

blame Holla Forums for this.

1. Get out normalfag

2. My issue is more with the fact that he described her as "yandere." Since dere doesn't exist in 3D, this means that that user seems to have married a needy, psychotic, controlling, no-fun-allowed bitch. At least based on what we know so far.

I played Mario 3D World and died almost 200 times. I mostly blame the camera angles but I also don't have the patience to wait most the time.

Also I usually get a stone medal in Bayonetta 2.

I played Quake 1 on normal, died a lot but when I wasn't dying I actually did pretty damn good. Then I played it on hard and did okay until I got to the very third level because it was full of rocket-sponge enemies that deal a shit ton of damage so I stopped playing.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE

I am absolutely completely shit at games. I play games by smashing my face at a brick wall and breaking the wall that way rather than climbing over it and I don't know why.
I can spout theory and strategy on most games but for whatever reason I cannot put it into practice.

For example, Team Fortress 2, I'm currently racking up 1.8k hours on it but I cannot for the life of me Death match people. It got worse when I introduced a friend to the game and almost immediately he starts outscoring me and even winning vs me in 1 vs 1. After that my confidence just drops and I pull the bullshit "Oh I just fancy playing Medic/Engineer today" to my friends when they want me to play with them when in reality I don't want them seeing how shit I am.
I played League of Legends for a good 2 years or so and I have never carried a game when it was PvP despite playing the right champions. Same kind of deal as TF2, when friends want me to play with them, I give them the same bullshit "I just feel like playing support or Nasus today" so when I get stomped on I can just say "Well I was playing support, what'd you expect to happen?". I was so bad at League of Legends a group of friends even disbanded the group so they didn't have to play with me.
Any MMORPG I play it takes me a good year or so and I don't even max level on most games. The only game I've ever max level'd is Tera and that's because I got powerleveled by my guild.

The only games I've ever been competent on are Platformers/Metroidvania style games or Turn based RPGs. I tell myself it's that I prefer games where I think but in actuality it's just that they seem to be the least punishing towards my lack of skill.

Now Overwatch is starting to become a thing and some of my friends are trying to drag me into that but I cannot for the life of me Justify paying money for it justify buying a game I'll just be shit at.

I almost won a tournament when younger.
Now I'm in my 30's and shit.

Not judging, if he's telling the truth about his wife, I am jealous. Especially if he's able to make it work, which shouldn't be hard because they were born in a time where people of opposite genders respected what each other offered to society rather than autistically screaming for "equality" even when "equality" doesn't work.

Regardless, I think one being obsessed with acceptance and not being "lonely" is a self-destructive path to take, especially when it doesn't work out. **I'm also not gonna say I'm some pussy destroyer but I'm an average looking dude who's managed to have a handful of GFs, so quit being a fag."

I understand the sentiment, though. Living as a mixed dude can be pretty shit at times. I still have no idea why you'd assume that I'd have a fucking kid, though. That shit is asking for trouble, and I know better than that.

More

No.

I suck. Barely got passed the tutorial in Dark Soul and I'm gonna redo it so I can actually get the controls down and not fuck up my leveling. I also don't beat games. Then again my favorite type of games are sandboxes with crafting systems or multiplayer shooters you know, everything wrong with the industry right now that doesn't involve some pink haired faggot so that never matters. I've never played half the classics like Doom or Banjo Kazooie and I've only "beat Touhou 6 on easy once. I think I'm casual.

I have a Galloping Ghost right near where I live. Might go to it on a weekend.

The only game I've ever been able to continuously go back to is Doom but even then I still suck at it, Runescape also but eeeehhhhh… EoC and everything that came with it felt like it changed WAY too much at once

could always just get good

There isn't a lot of point in bragging.
This is an Anonymous message board.

I'm personally not a fan of competitive games in practically every form.
For years I played them and I'd hone my skills, but at some point I'd ask myself "Am I Having Fun?" and the answer was that I wasn't.
The excitement just wore off and I was simply going though the motions.
Even winning wasn't an enjoyment.
I was just ultimately revolted at how masturbatory everything looked from then on.
I could have a better time rummaging though flash games while listening to a podcast.

My jam became games that graded me and I had to figure out how to get that better grade like it was a puzzle.
Memorization of not just combos, but of an entire level from the tracks in a racing game like Need for Speed Hor Pursuit to the levels in 2D games like Mark of The Ninja and Gunpoint.
The stealth genre in general is one of my favorite ones because of this reason in that many of them rank you.
The last I played that did that was MGSV.
S ranked every single mission and that felt like more of an accomplishment than years of pwning n00bs.
A lot of games are pass or fail where what I enjoy most is a letter grade.
A pass feels so hollow to me most of the time.

When that Bloodstained demo came out I played it several times and the last time I did I unequipped everything, didn't kill a single enemy but the canon enemy you are forced to kill and beat the boss with nothing but kicks as a self-imposed hard mode.
I did it and I had fun with the game that way.

I'm going to buy MHX 16 days from now.
And it is like what is monster hunter?
Its Dark Souls: Oops All Bosses.
Bosses that can take over a half hour to kill and kill you in an instant if you give them a chance while they can run away forcing you to waste time looking for them as your time limit counts down until you memorize the locations they flee to.
It is one of the least casual things in an ocean of "cinematic experiences" and competitive nickle & dime shit.

I need the ability to fail.
I need the tension it brings and I need the failure to be my fault.
Not a team.
Not my internet connection.
Me.

When you have lots of time and money, yet have no desire to be super social you get good at certain things.

Mine is Vidya & Card Games.

A pattern I have noticed is that people who are good at video games have very poor impulse control. This leads to people with poor money management flooding to the hobby or the extremely wealthy.

I'm absolutely shit at them, just about average, but considering I've been gaming since 1998 you'd thind I would have more skills.

But at least I finish the games I start. That's a miracle in this age. Currently playing Suikoden 2- at least jrpgs are easy.

subpar and proud

I love playing rts games, but goddamn am I shit at them. I do pretty well in Monster hunter, but I haven't played in a while. I'm pretty good at rpgs but I'm not sure if they can count as something you can be good at since usually you're not competing with someone.

RIP user. Hope things continue to go well for you though. Besides that arthritis stuff. Why is she against you playing video games though? If it's the arty, you can still play slow paced rpgs or turn based stuff.

So much is making sense.

I'm fine with a faggoty fanbase so long as I don't have to deal with them every fucking time I play a game, if it comes to that point why bother?

>Pretty good at shooters, puzzlers, and shit like SS13 when my internet decides to give me a ping below 200
I'd like to get better at strategy since I fucking love the genre, don't care much for fightans but one of my friends will probably drag me back into the genre at some future point.

I happen to know there's some pretty good jojo httf players around here.

Autism/10

isn't that a fighting game?

Fuck off gook.

I'm not particularly good at vidya, but I play to enjoy it, not to be good at it. But the more I play it, the better I get naturally.

Pretty good at most genres I care about but I usually have to warm up for a bit before, if I'm having a particularly off day that can take upwards of an hour before I get my stride.

Schizo-user pls go

I grew up playing shit games under an almost-Jack-Thompson household until I started browsing Holla Forums and playing the games suggested here. Needless to say, I'm painfully mediocre. Still never played most of the games that are popular on Holla Forums, but I'm catching up now.

Being good at punishment titles only proves that you cannot be dissuaded from something that is not entertaining.

I used to be good at pretty much everything I picked up, but when I stopped enjoying anything, my skills have waned. I don't get into the gameplay as much as I used to, because I have little time to play, with all of my other responsibilities, and I know that the games don't fucking matter, when compared to making sure my car doesn't shit the bed, function checking my guns, and miscellaneous other shit that controls whether I can get to and from work, and continue living.

There always seems to be someone complaining about how Dark Souls is all about grinding, but I lost huge collections of souls a few times and still beat that game without grinding at all so I guess I must be pretty good.

God Hand is the most challenging game I can think of at the moment that I've beaten - It was a lot of fun but I only managed to get up to the DIE difficulty once.

I think I am good at puzzle games, I've beaten games such as Lolo, and that light puzzle.swf, but the only comparison I can make to other people is that whenever I watch a streamer I can never stand how absolutely retarded they are at puzzles and end up leaving the stream, but from what I understand that's pretty typical of streamers.

I dunno about platformers, but I've beaten Super Meat Boy.

RTS games I used to play with my brother a lot when I was younger, so I may be above average, but it's one of the genres he's a lot better at than I am.

Goddamn do I fucking suck at online first person shooters though. To be fair I seldomly play first person shooters at all so the only time I play them is if a friend invites me. Sometimes I wonder if it's my mouse, but I'm really not sure if a bad mouse could really be that big a deal, although I swear it seems like my mouse snaps to certain angles, here's what it looks like if I draw circles in paint.

I am above average when it comes to games, although I mostly only play FPS, Action games and RTS in my whole life
Although when it comes to playstyle, It usually vary between genre but I seem to always gravitate towards mobility focused playstyle. Except for RTSs, I usually go defensive

Better than your average normalfag but i guess most of us here are.

Decent at RTS, shit at platformers & fighters, mid-range at fps being more of a spray'n pray than tacticool 360 boom headshot!

I tought I was the only one.

It feels like if DaS 2 was made for the specific reason of being hard, while Dark Souls 1 is only hard if you're retarded.

I'm good at some games and I'm shit at some other games.

For example; I'm really good at ARPGs but I'm complete garbage on shooters.

I consider myself pretty decent in relative terms, I have an easier time picking up games and diving into the core of the experience than most people do, though I rarely invest myself enough to truly master games.

This. Dark Souls II has a lot more "bullshit" than DSI, like magnetic grabs and laser tracking. DSIII followed DSII's "it's hard because it is" philosophy, which is a shame.

I used to be dogshit at games until I started playing Melee competitively. Before then concepts like spacing and committing/overcommitting didn't even cross my mind.
I now excel at most fighting games at a casual level, I've beaten most Platinum games on the hardest difficulty and enjoy the hardest difficulty on games the most (I used to always play on normal for everything). I've been pretty good at FPS games since high school which for me was playing Halo and UT for countless hours with my friends. I've never been naturally talented at vidya, though. My brother is able to do about as well as me in most games with half the effort.

I've got a pretty good handle on arcade-y racing games. When GTAV came out I did some sick-ass shit that my friends were always wowed by. I could dodge cops like a champ and whenever I got spun around I'd always be able to manipulate it to my advantage (knowing just when to reverse when I went into a spin and shit like that). This extends to actual arcade racers. So long as the course is familiar and isn't bullshit I never time out.

Yeah. That's why I brought it up

I'm good at some genres, bad at other genres.
Historically my weakest genre is RTSes.

I am
better than the average in rhythm games

among people who actually care about games, i'd consider myself to be average. i can git gud & beat a game, but certain stuff takes me longer than i feel that it should i started mario 2 last summer and still haven't beaten it

I'm fantastic at 3d games and mediocre or bad at anything 2d for whatever reason.

Does she not let you play because of your arthritis?

I was really good at the C&C games and Starcraft and BW, like gook good. Then it started getting really popular over there and I didn't have the desire to improve so I quit. Only real fun I had was beating chinks on the Asia battle.net and making fun of them.

This one match I had against someone from China, we had to pause because there was an 4.7 I found this out when the next day when I looking on yahoo earthquake in his city. Nigger went afk for like 5 minutes and came back said his family was ok, I even gave him the option to redo the match later but he said no and wanted to finish the match.

i'm global in csgo and i still feel infinitely shittier than when i was young and played 1.6/Source. Just don't have the time to play thousands of hours of pubs until I have every map down to muscle memory anymore.

But yes, I'm good at videogames.

I used to be absolutely god-tier at Halo: Reach back in its day, but it's been years since I've touched a console now.

i'm alright at age of empires 2, at least compared to any of my friends
thats about it
i was decent at WoW during wrath, but i don't think that's much of an achievement

Everyone that I have ever played games with from this Holla Forums has been an absolute shitter. I don't believe anyone here who says they are good. Especially the fightan game niggers. Seriously git gud you fags.

I'm am in between average and really good

Oh yeah, I was top 10 on the ladder for Company of Heroes for a while after release too.

I'm awesome at platformers and FPS. I'm okay at shmup games. I like fighting games, but I usual suck at them. I wish I could better at them, but I almost always end up just mashing buttons until I win.

Horrible at reading opponents that aren't super obvious and at RTS games. Otherwise, pretty good at damn near anything I bother to give half a shit about.

I'm pretty good at online shooters I guess. I usually do well in CS GO matches, but especially in Red Orchestra 2 I tend to be in the top 3 every match (32 player teams).

I suck at all strategy games except Paradox's grand strategies like EU4, am really good at those, in multiplayer too.

Dark Souls 1: played almost a thousand hours of invasions PvP, very high winrate. It was fun but they were never able to replicate the fun of PvP in the sequels. So unfortunately for the later Souls games I just played through the campaign and then stopped playing.

I'm that average sucker

On fighting games i'm mostly going for bread and butter and pokes/trades until I win, but i'm kinda good at it and can manage

Racing is about Top Speed > Aceleration and the only racing game that I got 100% completion was Burnout 3

FPSes I stick with Rifles and mostly always a 2.0 KD

MOBAs I mostly go hit shit up and dodge and tank at the same time, Bruiser style, and I pick support since I mostly dodge stuff and can outdamage a carry on early game

But the thing I can't pull of is carrying in any game, no exeptions, I can't remember the last time I did an ace in any game, and this shit is tiring me the fuck up…

He's the one cucking himself dumb fuck, by race mixing. Don't you realize he has ended his lineage? This is where his lineage of thousands of years ends - with him betraying all his ancestors and having gook children. Good job, I hope he's proud of ruining it all for a short life of hedonism.

It's actually a necessity to upkeep racial purity to also upkeep high society, to ensure that we remain 1st world civilizations.

I was pretty above average in Starcraft 2 when HotS had just come out, never really went back to it though. I guess I am good at assfaggots as well, but that's a box of shame I never want to open again.

no, blame the pro race mixing traitors for this

I am rubbish at the vidya. I used to love my single-player games, but everything's fucking online multiplayer now and I get kerbstomped by people with adequate reflexes and an attention span, just like in real life. Please kill me.

Mainly play fighting games, and JRPGS. Bad at combos so I try to focus on my fundamental and do small easy combos (it doesn't work a lot of the time). JRPGS don't apply here so it's whatever.

Playing Blazblue CPE and can't even get past challenge 11+ with a lot of the characters and some are around challenge 8-9. I do well enough with Jin but he feels off since I'm used to CSE Jin and he lost 70% of his moves in this one. I'm not giving up on the genre so I don't care if I can't combo, just can't play Marvel or Skullgirls which aren't that fun imo.

I've single-credit cleared some 60-70 arcade games now including a couple I consider to be some of the most challenging games ever made and have some very impressive scores in a select few, and I dominate just about every multiplayer game I really get into. The ones I don't really care for I don't, however.

I also beat every other contestant by a considerable margin on all 20 games in last year's Retro Game Gauntlet Plus, though the first couple were a bit closer. Sadly we ran down to like half the original 30 contestants around the fourth game and then it whittled down to 4 or 5 players at the end. I do hope we can do something like that again sometime.

I am slightly above average in racing games, especially rally racers. Get me in a Dirt 3 race, and I can finish in the top 3 most of the time.
That's about it.
I'm pretty shit at just about everything else.

Bad by Holla Forums standards, good by normalfag.

Basically that awkward skill level where you are good enough that friends and family don't want to play against you, but not good enough to play competitively.

Good enough were recently I've been reading comments here and other places about people getting stuck at certain parts of games or thinking something is bad design and wonder if they're fucking brain dead because that shit is piss easy.

To that fag who was so shit at Mighty Number 9 he made a thread about how he couldn't beat Pyrogen kill yourself, I refuse to believe someone suck that fucking much at video games and is the right age to be on this board.

You need to kill yourself right now

I was breddy gud at casual babby COD in high school. I feel like I'm good at FPS in general, even after switching to PC and not playing anywhere near as often as I used to. Was also OK at running through Dark Souls quickly, although I could never get stuff like the Duke's elevator skip down, so attempting a speedrun was out of the question.

I don't play competitively, so I don't have an idea. But most games I like are easy for me despite sometimes having the reputation for difficulty.

It helps that I have lots of patience and never ragequit.

Do you have a problem like me with watching retarded LPers on Youtube? In 9/10 cases I stop after several minutes because it's pathetic display of mediocrity and a waste of time with nothing to learn from them.

Good like pro status? Or just not shit like 75% of most games players>

I'm terrible at FPS, RTS and fighting but it's mostly because i'm not interested in those type of games anyways; everything else I pretty much accel at.

I love playing shmups and rhythm games and I think that I improve fairly quick. Still no noteworthy achievments worth bragging about though.

I have a really bad habit of not concentrating while playing games, my autopilot is shit tier and my dexterity is too. As long as I consciously focus I'm above average, because the average player is a retard, but the only games I can really play well are turn-based.
I still love fighting games the most, hard reads are a drug.

I'm exceptional at video games.

I feel like that isn't something you should ever tell someone though.

…I'm glad I read this thread so I could see this post.

If you are as old as you say, I have no idea how you never learned to avoid woman who try to control your freetime.

You don't need a GAMUR GURL, you just need a girl who let's you do what the fuck you want.

Damn nigger, you fucked up.

I'm pretty proud of my ability to learn from my previous mistakes, which is basically all you need to be good at most vidya gaems, and my reflexes aren't half bad.
I also faced the Dark Lord and managed to eke out a 40/50

I have the problem of being better than average. So in games with matchmaking it's a constant cycle of stomping average and bad players, and then getting fucking destroyed by players that are better than me.
Getting a match where shit is neck and neck is damn near impossible.

So how do you contribute to said society, Mr Ivory?

(checked)
I was under the assumption that every user here is successful in society and has done their job of continuing their line.

I feel that I'm getting old and slow. But I'm still better than a few of my friends.

Im average
I dont find things hard but dont challenge myself with hard modes or anything like that
I know I can do them but find it a waste of time

I'm very slightly above average at most things except stuff I never play, like RTS.

I don't know how people have the patience to get competitive-tier good at console shooters. It's like training hard and putting yourself in peak condition… to prepare for the big three-legged race at the company picnic.

A-. Decent, I tend to everextend and push a lot, so I wind up getting a lot of objectives/kills but double-digit deaths in a match. My biggest problem is that I'm better than normalfags so it's not fun to fight them but I'm not good enough for the higher-tier people, so I get in a rut of too easy or too hard.

D+. I can perform decently amongst my friends, but they're even more casual than I. I can't combo for shit and have trouble doing even simple shit like Hadoukens.

I'm a B+. I'm above-average, I can clear Hard, but the hardest difficulty kicks my ass enough that I have trouble getting more than halfway through. I still love them and have put more hours into DMC4 and Bayonetta than any other game I know.

C+. I can beat EU and XCOM2's Impossible/Legendary, but I struggle in X-COM on anything above Beginner.

Due to my really sluggish reactions, I don't consider myself any good in anything but Turn-based games or puzzles where I can think things through, but I tend to forget a few things from time to time and might end up DSP level stupid.

I can competently play a Action RPG after some practice however, so I wouldn't say I'm that bad, haven't played any of the Dank Souls games but I think those apply to this too. Platforming isn't too bad either since I grew up with really finicky platforming sections.

Shooting and RTS though? Absolutely horrible. Pic related whenever I get slammed by the nearest foe.

ASSFAGGOTS being a extension of a RTS means I'm bad at those too, a bit slightly less due to much less micro management but still.

Overall: I'm bad at video games, but at least I don't try to say I'm not.

My fellow Gamers, i promise you that if you were to compare your gaming skills to mine, you would be inferior to me at every level. I would beat you to the ground so hard that you would be ashamed to be called a Gamer
For you may be a Gamer, but I am THE Gaemer, and you should be afraid of me. If you ever meet me in one of your favourite online video games where you claim to be good, you better be praying that I will not let loose my inner demon, turning you into a salt ball unable to beat my skills.
There is no game that I am not good at, with my reaction times being close to the Flash, where I can even see the first movement when you launch an attack, giving me good time to counter your futile attempt at even getting an attack in
If i ever meet you in a shooting game, you will not even have the time to react before I blow your head off the second I see you

seriously though im only really good when given direct character control, and maybe turn based

Yes I am. It is a lifelong career after all

Doesnt mean Im good at everything. I can only play a few tf classes, only IG on dow (which is also the hardest one, but I cant play without commies), I can ONLY play kirby on ssb because it's the only character I know how to really control. Recently I downloaded mech warrior online, just started playing and Im farming like crazy with the locust

The only game I remember that resisted me was dark souls pvp because I only like to play pure intelligence

I can't really see how so many of you guys can be bad at games. Games have not only been easier than ever but there are more guides and always people willing to give advice. And if you were born in the late 80s/ early 90s, you might have played much harder games to condition you.

Still, at same time this is one of the few places on the Internet where we can have a discussion about shoot em ups, dungeon crawlers, fighting games, RTS, and roguelikes. Try to discuss these anywhere else that isn't 4/vg/ and it will most like turn to shit.

I have a tendency to fuck around and try things that are kind of outside the box which usually hurts me more than it helps

If i'm taking something seriously though i'd say i'm above average, at least. Really fucking good at some specific games though, but that's kind of the same for everyone

Yeah, games are all about screwing around and having fun doing your own thing.
I am fair to poor in most everything that's not an FPS.

FPS: Breddy gud/10. It's the one game genre I just gravitate to. I kind of miss the glory days of arena shooters tbh. Anyone keeping up with the Unreal Tournament 4 developments?
RTS: Absolute shit. I always try to micromanage my dudes, and I always fail horribly at it and all other tasks once the actual fighting begins from failure to divide my attention properly.
RTTactical: Slightly better, no resource management bullshit to distract me, usually allows for more micromanaging (I really don't see the appeal in that, I'd probably like Starcraft/Warcraft 3 more if you could just plunk down a building every 2 minutes or something).
Fightan: Mediocre, getting better though. Mostly it's just hard for me to anticipate what an opponent will do and to read their telegraphs. I mostly don't play these since the only good fighting game I know of for PC is Oni (pic related). I know it used to be possible to play SFIII:3rd Strike for free on GGPO or whatever it was called, but I think that got shut down. Anyone here know any good fighting games for PC (preferably with full 3D movement and camera like Oni)?

Haven't really played many games since i burned out one of my eyes. Just kinda content to shit post on Holla Forums during most of my free time.
I do know i'm still decent enough at shooters, both FPS and the old school arcade ones, platformers and fire emblem type strategy games, but i'm fucking awful at fighters and sports games though, but fuck em.

Law of averages + Gaussian distribution + depressive tendencies of channers = most anons ITT will say they suck, whether they do or not.
So? If you're judging yourself as a good/avg/bad player, you're comparing your own skill against other people, who are playing the same game.
Also, an overall trend towards easier games over time actually makes it harder to gitgud, since a player gets fewer genuine challenges to learn from and overcome, not to mention giving normalfags the impression that they're better than they are (Holla Forums is pretty free of the Dunning-Kruger high-confidence/low-ability effect compared to the rest of the 'net tbh).
Veterans are almost always more skilled and comfortable with the fundamentals of a given game than newbies, but they used to also have a force multiplier of sorts in their hard-won knowledge of the game. Things like invisible stats, secret areas, glitches, etc.
More guides - esp. in competitive/multiplayer games - means that the little goodies and secret areas you discover along the way don't actually give you any unique advantage over the others, since every damn player who glances at a game guide can learn all of them in minutes. This also discourages players from developing their own style through trial and error paired with the hand they were dealt in their incomplete knowledge of the game mechanics.
Honestly, it's like what happened to break dancing. Or, for that matter, any other niche or subculture with even minor mainstream appeal.
Schopenhauer unrelated.

Why do I waste my money on this trash

A-are you at least having fun?

I'm alright at rhythm games. Honestly think they're one of the toughest games to play at a high level, but that may just be my pride talking.
Webm related. Hardest thing I've pulled off.

>implying osu is a rhythm game

Only games I have trouble with are fighting games I'm absolute shit at fighting games.
Not sure how you guys do it.

Rarely.

What have you been playing then?

eh.

I'm generally good at most games i pick up and i'm the same as OP with dark souls but the games i can't git gud at are fighting games.

I really suck at most games but MH. I'm not even good at MH, just fairly above average.

I'm good the point that I'm better than all my friends and they think I'm good, but anyone decent mops the floor with me.

:'(

Mah niggas

Not that good to be honest. I can power through most games I pick up; I'm pretty shite at DMC but beat 3 and 4 on normal.

I'm decent enough to always play on the highest difficulty if that means anything.

I've had more than one instance of me going to a party, seeing a game system set up and a bunch of people playing, join in, and then I end up pushing in everyone's shit so hard they all stop playing.

This has seriously happened on at least 3 occasions, to the point where now when I see a game system out at a party I'll usually just leave it alone. Honestly I don't like playing games at parties anyway, that shit is for when you're alone or chilling with others who share the hobby.

Mind you, that's not so much that I'm good, and more that normalfags a shit.

Oh God I hate people like you.
Every time I've played any Smash Bros. it's been in a party setting, and every time there are mostly average players and one or two people like you.
While I'm struggling to figure out how the game works, much less how anyone can play it well with their thumbs, I'm sinking deep into a negative score.
And I come away thinking:
"yeah well y'know what?"
I got a PC at home. So…
WHO NEEDS FRIENDS, ANYWAY

Above average in most games I play.

Though I'm more into reaction games and I have above average reaction. I'm polygon tier at puzzle games though.

No one specializing in Valve games and their mods huh?

So many console fags in this place. You should all be ashamed, it's disgusting

I hold world scores in Crash Team Racing, that's like the quantifiable game I can say I'm good at

Learning games is a skill that you can actually train based on experience and understanding indentifiable game logic.
Become a programmer and get gud.

was always above average, and now the 'average' has been lowered even more. but i wouldnt say im particularly good. my heart is never in it. im not going to do my "homework" for any game ever.

Monster Hunter and roguelikes. The former because I find it fun even if it's difficult, and the latter since I have nothing better to do and throw myself at them until I can win one.

Guy you replied to. I find those pretty fun myself but sometimes when I'm not having fun with most games. I go to visual novels or shoot em ups. Many VNs are easy to play and enjoyable to read. Nice and relaxing, but fun overall. If not that then it's shoot em ups because those demand all my attention, usually have good music, and almost always difficult so they keep me on my toes.

Maybe you just need to take a break from games though. Anime and manga are my alternative sources of entertainment.

No I fucking suck at Vidya because my reflexes are absolute shit. I guess all lives come with a penalty, huh? I was born with handsome looks despite my personality but my reflexes are 300 milliseconds.

It took me ninety hours to beat Dark Souls when trying on purpose not to do extra shit and just run through. That's how shite I am.

I still see my name on the high score list on Donkey Kong at my local arcade, and I got the high score like 5 years ago

I'm below-average at shooters. I never react fast enough compared to the people I play against, and my eyesight is too poor to notice players in time.

I'm too slow for RTS games.

I get tunnel vision in strategy games like civ or Total War and fall to even the most basic counter-strategies, or fuck myself over in the end for not adapting to the changes in the game itself.

Management games spiral out of my control before too long and I get fed up with keeping track of too many things. My perfectionism keeps me from just letting things become haphazard and incredibly inefficient, even if it is overcome normally by progression.

I'm too risky in tactical games and end up making stupid moves or costly mistakes that make me have to start over.

In short I should just stop playing video games.

jesus christ user you're supposed to be having fun. I've played smash with friends before and trailed the bottom of the scoreboard, but it wasn't a tourney or anything so nobody cared and we had a good time. The vidya was just there to fill the awkward gaps in the conversation.

I can pick up a game and learn its mechanics very quickly, but I can never become exceptionally good at any. I'm also able to retain my skill at games after long hiatuses even after spending time playing other games of the same genre, so I guess I'm like one of those guys who can speak like 10 different languages but is fluent in none of them.

I do very well in console shooters and sports games that don't involve a skate or snowboard, and I may have an untapped potential in turn-based strategy and third-person stealth (I say the word potential because I haven't played many of these games yet to give a confident answer).

you didnt just punch in AAA SEX or ASS?

I'm honestly not, i'm ranging between decent and outright awful, depending on the game.
only game I recall ever doing really well on is Ace of spades because of ???

used to be good

getting worse every day

I couldn't get into VNs at all and have lost interest in anime since the middle of last year. Though I still read manga every now and then.

I'm pretty alright at shooters. I can pick up a new shooter fairly quick and usually wreck shit for a while while everyone else learns. My issue is that I don't stick with one game, and I always revert back to the same skill level. I think that if I actually stuck with a game that I would be really good, but unfortunately I can't.

I am very skilled if I say so myself. My biggest accomplishment is clearing F-Zero GX's Mission 7 on very hard WITHOUT destroying anyone. I try not to be competitive because I will waste time practicing instead of trying all the vidya in the world.

I'm as good as it gets in a lot of genres. FPS, RTS, ASSFAGGOTS and MMOs.

Although to be fair, I've never really tested just how far I could go in RTS because that genre bores me after a few hundred matches: it feels like every match is the same as the last one. Last time I tried was when SC2 was still relatively new, I was up to the league below masters and I still had a ton of room for improvement to get to back to the point where I was when I played SC1. I dislike fighters and racing, so those genres are out.

I was a beast in WoW, even though I never grinded ranks (I had better PvE gear, so there was no point) and quit arena in the 2300s during TBC because how shit the balance and mechanics were. I won tournaments during the early DotA days and got to 1900+ rating in HoN solo queueing as support/suicide. There's some better shots than me at FPS, but as soon as actual tactics and thinking become involved, I crush the competition - I can say with confidence that I was one of the best Savage players out there and plenty of people accused me of aimbotting in other games, too.

The only genre I actually suck at are visual puzzle games like Myst and other point and click games. I just can't make out small details in a picture. It's like my brain looks over the whole thing and sees nothing that immediately stands out and goes "welp nothing to see here, going on standby mode". That and rhythm games.

I think I am just slightly above average when looking at online communities. When playing friends I am godlike. I just can't stick to any game for a long period of time.

Personally I think if you are good at rythem games you can get past the technical aspects of fighting games easily. Work on your footsies more.

If I could stick to any game for more than 50 hours. I think I could get really good at it, but I just can't be asked to put in the effort. Also I binge games. I would need to space out my play time to build up good habits.

No matter what game I'm playing I usually start off average to above average.
If I stick to a game I'll usually git really gud depending on how much I like and play it.
However I max out at "just below tournament" grade.

Smash Bros for example.
tbf I don't like playing games online anyway so no harm no foul
But I still reckon I'm pretty good at games.

Yes, but not amazing. I've never sat down and tried to get really good at anything though. I love character action games, but I don't know if I've ever spent the time to go beyond the hard difficulty in any of them. I think the thing I've spent the most time trying to learn is either TF2 which I used to be pretty good at, but I wouldn't consider that competitive. Or Dota 2 which I would say being better than the lower end of intermediate would be stretching. I know how to play fighting games too. The theory at least, but I've only ever gotten decent at one or two despite playing way too many briefly. Again in that case I wouldn't say I ever got past a lower intermediate skill level.

Sometimes I feel like I enjoy learning systems, information, and theory more than executing it. I don't know how good my friends are as representations of the average, but if there's a single player game "we're" interested in playing they just default to having me play it. I can't really play many multiplayer games with them either, because they either can't keep up with me or I have to play so slow it's not engaging. They won't even play anything where they have to compete against me.

CPUs are very easy to abuse in Smash 64 and Melee. However in Brawl and Sm4sh they copy your tactics. Making them much harder to fight. Best I got was taking on 2 lv9 CPUs in Project M. Against human players, I was pretty damn capable. When Sm4sh was first released. I had a 83% with ratio out of 200 matches with mainly just Ganondorf in For Glory matches. I used to play with a few people here and help others get better. There was only 1 person on my level here and he knew Duck Hunt is a complete counter pick against Ganondorf.

Saying that, he made me start hating the game because as we got better, we discovered how boring the meta was. I stopped playing soon after and stayed with Project M.

course i am i'll fite you in club penguin m8

How about some fighting games? Maybe Touhou 12.3 or Last Blade 2?

nigga club penguin is the end all be all
why compete in some pansy ass game when you can be betting like a man in the good old fashioned high stakes snowball fight nigga

Obviously it depends on the genre of game, outside of fps, platformer and stealth games I'm pretty shit.
I'm OK in multiplayer games since, ya know, I help my team, but I generally don't play multi since either the community is bad (i.e. bad teams or everyone is an asshole) or my shitty Irish internet craps out.

at some point its not even a game, its a fucking murder simulator

Im actually pretty damn good at games, but not the kind of gamer who is a completionist at every game or an autistic master at games, im just pretty good.

My greatest achievement that i can remember is beating "The masters test" from MH4U. Along with every single Low-High-G-Rank single player and multiplayer missions in the game.

FPS: Always very good at those, no idea why.
Racing: Good.
RTS: Mediocre at best, I overthink stuff and my perfectionism kicks in.
RTT: I can manage some neat stuff in those.
Fighting: My basics are fucking SHIT. My friend mashed like a bitch and almost beat me. I thought I was decent at smash until my other friend brought his GC and I got fucking destroyed.
ASSFAGGOTS: Decent.

I'm pretty good at smash 4, even though I usually only use low tier characters. Despite my main being power suit Samus, I usually win a little more than half of the battles I'm in on For Glory.