Nick Land on Fascism

archive.is/eQRik

PRC throws him out for being a filthy reactionary gweilo when?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/the-f-word/
land17conference.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fucking archive links
dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/the-f-word/

You can not look at Russian and Chinese martial propaganda and deny this. Like the map is not the territority, the ideology is not the official doctrine.

I'm not at all surprised by the evocation of human nature by a Deleuzian.

Everything is fascism! My horseshoe!

Wut.

This is what happens to your mind when you think that 🍀🍀🍀ebil people🍀🍀🍀 control the state and economics and not people following the optimal steps in a given system (cheap labor).

D&G made the point in Anti-Oedipus that Nazism functioned in a primarily libidinal sense, not in an expression of repressive attitudes like Reich described. I am guessing this what he means by practical concerns, rather than the total bureaucratic mess that was the Soviet Union.

Fascism as repression did not survive, but systems of control still do.

Are you saying the state is not the crouch of big Capital and that doesn't engineer demographics. Hell, the ghettoization of african-americans in the US is stellar example of that kind of application.

God damn it, Nick Land used to be fun to read.

What is Nick Land's definition of fascism?

"What if - instead of 'How Do You Make Yourself A Body Without Organs?' - one were to ask: How do you make yourself a Nazi? For this is far more strenuous than the 1980 diagnosis suggests.

1) Wherever there is impersonality and chance, introduce conspiracy, lucidity, and malice. Look for enemies everywhere, ensuring that they are such that one than simultaneously envy and condemn them. Proliferate new subjectivities; racial subjects, national subjects, elites,
secret societies, destinies.

2) Burn Freud, and take desire back to the Kantian conception of will. Wherever there is impulse represent it as choice, decision, the whole theatrical drama of volition. Introduce a gloomy atmosphere of oppressive responsibility by couching all discourses in the imperative form .

3) Revere the principle of the great individual. Personalize and mythicize historical processes. Love obedience above all things, and enthuse only for signs; the name of the leader, the symbol of the movement, and the icons
of molar identity.

4) Foster nostalgia for what is maximally bovine, inflexible, and stagnant: a line of racially pure peasants digging
the same patch of earth for eternity.

5) Above all, resent everything impetuous and irresponsible, insist upon unrelenting vigilance, crush sexuality under its reproductive function, rigidly enforce the
domestication of women, distrust art, classicize cities to eliminate the disorder of uncontrolled flows, and persecute all minorities exhibiting a nomadic tendency."

He still makes good zingers

Every time.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's Fanged Noumena p.285

Yes, thank you for giving me a 101 of Anti-O that I didn't need. What I'm saying is that D&G's essentializing of desire (opposed to the Freudian and Lacanian negativity) is one step away from a positive "human nature."

I'm saying that his closing paragraph is hiding the economic reality behind that engineering in order to flirt with the "alt-right" while at the same time maintaining an artificial contemptuous distance from them.

"Memes With Teeth" the book

Got my ticket. U jelly?

land17conference.wordpress.com/

"Memes With Bite"

Did it ever occur to you that you are an edgy idiot?

amphetamine sure is expensive

If only.

TL;DR me on Nick Land and the dark enlightenment

He was a leftist that went so hard on Marxism (and amphetamines) that he became a reactionary.

Deleuze was hardly a Marxist.

So, think about all those cyberpunk dystopias (corporate "states," malevolent AIs, human extinction, etc) then add a dash of Lovecraft (while not a Marxist, Land does share Marx's insight about capital being an outside/undead/monstrous "Thing," hence why his new blog is called xenosystems and the story he wrote about them dudes in the boat), and that is what Land believes, not only that these things–Bill Gates with face tentacles–are coming, but that they are already here and their victory is inevitable, and you best just start worshipping your new overlords now.

It is also possible that he literally believes he was sent back in time to help destroy humanity for his AI overlord. He's explicitly said so once, and in some of his short works (like Disorder Loops in Shanghai Time) he seems lured to a particular sort of idea (a time traveller leaves the west and moves to Shanghai).