Are there any mecha games that are in style of something like Evangelion? Good or bad?

Are there any mecha games that are in style of something like Evangelion? Good or bad?

Are they really mecha though?

There's a EVA game for the N64.

Not really, as the EVAs are angel/human hybrids whose nervous system is overriden by the control pod thus letting you steer them

Evangelion 64

I wish such a shitty game never gets conceived

:^)

Shogo, just drop everything and play it, do it!

If this would mean EVA is not mecha, stuff like Eureka Seven and Gasaraki also wouldn't be.

So I am safe to assume N64 game is worth while?

Robot Alchemic Drive and its predecessor Remote Control Dandy both have a similar scale and amount of collateral destruction

the N64 is like playing the show, i never finished it.

As far as I remember, the game is literally just the show and EoE in vidya form, for an N64 game, its okay all things considered

Yeah, its pretty good for what it is.
There are a bunch of Evangelion games for the PSP too, i played Battle Orchestra which is a fighting game, kinda meh tho.

From what I've heard, no. It doesn't have much gameplay.

What I'm looking for is a game kind of like a tag team battle game, or Custom Robo.

I've been thinking about creating a mecha game, although I'm devving on a toaster that runs linux so my options are limited. If I were to make it though, I'd definitely take a lot of inspiration from the EVA units. In most mecha I've seen, the robots are too bulky, and rely on big guns or swords; which is silly given the destructive power of their size alone. The EVA units are perfect though. They're slim, agile, and use their limbs for combat which feels more natural and lends itself to their design. It's more satisfying than say, a bulky as mech that relies on guns or swords. At that point it's just a tank with legs.

Really, my only problem in making a mech game would be the designs of the mech's themselves. It''s hard to make a mech that has the same qualities as an EVA (light, fluid, slim) and not have it look like a cheap knockoff or imitation.

Xenogears has often been criticized for ripping off Eva, but its plot is more heavily influenced by gnosticism

each angel fight is kind of its own minigame
I think they skipped the computer virus angel
it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either

While technically Nirvash isn't a mecha since it's a full living creature with some bits bolted on the rest of the LFOs in Eureka Seven are almost entirely mechanical with at most organically grown skeletons.

Evangelion 3.0+1.0 is right around the corner, and either Anno is fucking with us or we'll finally get confirmation that the whole thing is a goddamn timeloop.

I always wondered how you would make fights in NGE game because all the fights were different and most of the didn't have traditional combat in them.
Leliel pretty much killed itself for example.

Nirvash was most organic because it was most successfully one. Entire reason for mecha in this show was because they used LFOs as a base for them.
They were all mecha but were organic as a base.

But really it is not important, and I actually like shows giving a reason for using mechs so I actually don't mind it.

Go watch Giant Gorg

Fuck that, just watch entry level shit like G Gundam and Big O.

It's more akin to Ultraman and Devilman, bros.

God, I hate you.

Who are you quoting?

Anything with a dub is entry level.

Gee user, you sure are stupid!

its nice to know you so open about it, however.

I don't like using the term triggered, but holy shit it fits too well with you.

I've been on /a/ and Holla Forums for 10 years now and this has to be the stupidest post I've seen.

Bravo.

Well, that user doesn't know what he is talking about, since if he did, he would keep his whorish kike mouth shut.

For example, the Mazinger Z series is more entry Level then the likes of Big O; the Big O series was so niche in Japan, that Toonami Network themselves had to commission the second series to have a conclusion. Big O in of itself is one more the most niche Mecha Animes to date, with its biggest following coming from America.

They are too many people on this website who think they know what they are talking about, and think the whole board must know how wrong they are. Fucking Filthy.

Hahahahaha oh wow.

It was also Niche even to westerners, you illiterate shit.

As every cartoon on Toonami that was popular enough for Toonami to personally commission another season must be.

I'm sorry but nothing that was ever aired on Toonami can safely be considered niche

Exactly

Obviously RAD is the greatest Mech game ever made.

A lot of the so-called elder god tier of mecha anime and the like had dubs in other countries, especially Latin America. I'm not sure if that has to do with the similarities of Japanese and Spanish and the ease of translating it over English, but probably. Mazinger aired in Mexico and was extremely popular. France also got some rather obscure series and films, but yeah… the statement is dead wrong.

Now there's a dumb statement.

You really did crawl out of /a/, didn't you, you obnoxious little fuck?

If obnoxious is the worst thing you can say when you're up against my arguments then I'm clearly doing something right.

Pity we never got the sequel, the DS spin-off or that licensed anime game in the similar vein.

Have you played ZoE?

I heard there was a lot of anime dubbed for Latin America because they have a large population of Japanese living there, specifically in Brazil

I thought about ZoE but then I realized that you spend 99% of the time flying around doing sick combat against small foes. Nothing like beating up Angels in EVA sadly. If the entire game was more grounded and more boss-focused it would be the perfect EVA game though.

ZoE2 has quite a few bosses

There's bosses in the first one too, doesn't really change anything.

Dumbest shit ive read this week.

Let's look at the technicalities of entry level anime in mecha

Typically Entry level is something dubed seen by the masses on cartoon stations, however mecha is a bit weird in it depends on which region you go to

Example:
Mazinger Z actually has a big cult following in spicland and was borught over whole IIRC

From an EN stand point it's not entry level since no real official ENGLISH dub exists for it (not counting the butchered Tranzor Z)

While w ecould go into more detail let's look at Gundam; Gundam as a series has had several dubs however things get a bit wierd

Known entry level Gundam shows are:

Now technically we COULD list the original MSG and Zeta due to them having English dubs, however First gundam didn't have much success in the west because at the time of it's showing children considered it 'too old" and it flopped and got sit canned (like how it got shit canned in JP back when it first aired, minus the 'too old' bit)

Next we look at Zeta, which has an English dub but again gets thrown to the way side since most shitters don't watch anything not done by funimation or running on toonami

0080: War in the pocket is another one that exists, has an English dub however it was never really shown over in the west (not sure about when Toonami used to do their midnight runs), however typically this entry into Gundam is not considered entry level

Going back outside gundam again we get shit like GaoGaiGar, which WAS dubbed, but the people handling it went under and only up to ep 14 IIRC is dubbed

Good

Aren't they nephilim with human souls injected into them? I thought that's why they because horrible monsters when their controls were released.

They're clones of the first Angel with human souls injected into them. The first Angel itself is an alien invention, one of many, for seeding planets with life